How To Cook Chicken In Microwave?
Starting from popcorn to chicken, you can cook almost everything in microwave nowadays. You can cook chicken, like any other restaurant using a microwave only. You will be going to need all the ingredients, some chicken, spices, a large-sized casserole dish, and a good microwave. Let’s get into the cooking part and discuss the proper steps of how you can cook a chicken in a microwave.
How to cook chicken in a microwave?
Various items are needed to prepare a delicious chicken item, and this is why it is the first step to be prepared with all the ingredients. You’re going to need a chicken, some salt and black pepper, butter cubes, some veggies that include carrots, onion and celery, some flour, olive oil, and you can use garlic or lemons as per your taste. These are the fundamental and common ingredients that you will need to prepare this dish.
It is essential to make sure that you are well aware of the microwave you are using. It is always recommended to use microwave-safe containers for any kind of heating or cooking purposes. The casserole you will be using should be microwave-safe. Also, you must know the wattage of your microwave as that will decide and influence the cooking time of the chicken. If you have no idea about it, then you can check the manual and find out.
Steps to cook
- The first and necessary step is to wash the chicken thoroughly using warm water to get rid of any kind of dirt or anything else.
- Then make sure to remove the neck and giblets from the chicken.
- Then butter the chicken from the outside and also use some black pepper and salt both inside and out. Make sure to drain out the water from the chicken before you start rubbing it with spices or anything.
- The next step would be pouring the right amount of olive oil in it. Rub the oil to the chicken using your hands. This can also be done with a brush, but using your hand would be more efficient.
- Chop the onions, carrot, and celery along with the other veggies and place them in the casserole that you are using. These veggies will help make some gravy.
- Mix all the spices such as chilly powder, turmeric, some garam masala, coriander powder, maybe some oregano as well. Use your hand to rub these mixed spices all over the chicken properly, making sure that every part of the chicken is covered with it. You can also use some ginger and garlic paste to mix along with the spices to make them taste a little different and better. Also, do not forget to rub these spices even at the inside of the chicken as far as your hands could reach.
- You can also stuff the chicken with some of the veggies like capsicum, potatoes, and onion to make its taste even better. If you plan to stuff the chicken, then make sure that you have also buttered the inside of the chicken.
- Once you are ready with everything, just put the chicken into the casserole where all the chopped veggies are already placed. Now put the casserole into the microwave and run it on its highest setting or at 165 degrees Celcius and keep it running for at least 35-40 minutes. Within this time, the chicken will be cooked evenly, or you may have to microwave it for 5 or 6 minutes longer, depending on the size of the chicken.
- If you have a meat thermometer, then after 40 minutes, take out the casserole from the microwave and check the temperature of the meat. It should at least be in between 160-165 degrees if it is not, and you feel like it is still a bit uncooked, then keep cooking it for 2 minutes with 1-minute intervals and keep checking.
Other stuffing ideas
There are some other ways to stuff the chicken to taste a little different and to put the veggies differently for gravy. You can stuff the meat with items like rosemary, oranges cut into wedges to add flavor, or maybe add some flavor. If you do not want any gravy at all, then you can try placing bread under the chicken in the casserole. This will help soak the drippings into it and make it more delicious at the end.
Cooking is an art, and it needs experimenting like every other thing to taste even better and different from the ordinary. Cooking a chicken in the microwave may seem like a hard job to do, but it is one of the easiest ways that you can prepare your chicken without any hassle.
We have discussed the steps that you need to follow if you want to cook chicken in a microwave safely. It will save you a lot of time than cooking on a regular oven and also will taste different as well.
Make sure to go through our article and read it from top to bottom, so you don’t miss any step of the cooking part and can cook even better than you are expecting.