Best Pizza Stone – Enjoy Delicious Pizza
Don’t we all love eating a good delicious Pizza? We could all eat unlimited Pizza to our heart’s and stomach’s content if they weren’t getting expensive day by day with less and less toppings. The only solution is to make your favorite Pizzas at home. It’s not that big of a task if you have the right tools and ingredients.To make your own Pizzas at home, the crucial tool that you absolutely must have is a Pizza Stone.
A Pizza Stone is a thick flat piece of natural stone surface that is used for baking. It can be square, round or rectangular in shape.
It works in an extremely simple way. It’s usually placed in the lower or middle rack of the oven and preheated so that it absorbs the heat and transfers it directly to the bottom of your Pizza dough. A Pizza Stone allows you to heat your oven on high and cook Pizza evenly from the top and bottom in a couple of minutes. These stones absorb heat well and keep the bottom of the Pizzas from sticking to the stone.While buying a Pizza Stone, it is important to keep in mind few points such as, the type, size, and shape of the Pizza Stone, if it can be used to cook something else too or just Pizza, does it have any other features and so on.We shall provide a comprehensive guide to buying the best Pizza Stone that the market has to offer. We shall begin with the basics of Pizza Stone and the terms associated with it and shall then move on to the top 10 recommendations. Not only that, we have trusted reviews of the Pizza Stone available on all e-commerce websites and even the offline markets. Read on to know more.
Before going through detailed features, pros and cons of best pizza stone, lets have a look upon Types of pizza stone available based on material, points to consider while buying pizza stone, FAQ’S and in the end our top 10 recommendations based on user ratings. Read more to explore the entire arena of best pizza stone available in the market.
Top 10 Pizza Stones in India
Types of Pizza Stone
Clay or Stone
A Pizza stone made out of clay or stone absorbs the excessive moisture while the Pizza bakes, which will result in a more crisper crust. The only flaw is that it must be preheated in the oven for a minimum of half an hour. It is a bit tough and time-consuming to clean and needs to be handled with extreme care and caution.
If you want to make Pizza at home without buying any new equipment, you can use a cast iron tava to cook Pizzas on the stove. It heats up pretty quickly and is comparatively easier to clean than stone. Though it is a bit heavy, it won’t break or crack.
A Pizza Stone made out of Steel will result in the Pizza being cooked more quickly and evenly. It can stabilize at a lower temperature than stone. It won’t easily break or crack.The only down point is that it is extremely heavy as well as super expensive.
Pizza Stone Buyer’s Guide
If you’re planning to buy a Pizza Stone, you must consider the following essentials while considering a product.
Ease of maintenance
If the stone is easy to maintain and clean, it becomes an advantage for users who use it regularly. Non-stick surface is something which users look into while buying pizza stone.
We have already listed the available types of Pizza Stones. Depending upon how often you’re going to use it, it’s cleaning and storage properties and the budget you have, you’ll find plenty of good and trusted products in the market of all the above-listed types.
Pizza Stones come in a variety of shapes and sizes-square, round and rectangular shapes. Rectangular stones have a larger surface area and you should opt for it if you plan on baking foods that require a greater surface area. If you plan on baking just Pizza, you can either go for the round one or the square one on the basis of the shape of Pizza that you like to eat.
Before you set out to buy a Pizza Stone, you need to measure the depth and width of your oven.
Thickness of the Pizza Stone
It is important to keep in mind that thinner the Pizza Stone, the more likely it is to crack or break. A thicker Pizza Stone will last for a longer duration and give more reliable results.
If you want to use your Pizza Stone minimally and don’t want to invest a lot, you will definitely find a lot of cheap yet good products. But if you are a Pizza Professional and will use the Pizza Stone regularly, it’s advised that you invest in to buy a good Pizza Stone from a reputed brand so that it lasts longer and gives the best possible result.
Top 10 Pizza Stones
1. Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone
This pizza stone is a baking stone particularly for a home oven which resembles one of the stone baking ovens of several decades ago. Several decades ago the Old Stone Oven Company first introduced this baking stone for home use and it is currently one of the most trusted brands yet. It is a Clay Pizza Stone and is one of the most popular and famous kitchen products.
- This pizza stone creates top restaurant quality Pizzas and Breads.
- It is specially hand-crafted from a blend of lead-free clay.
- It has a specially engineered heat core which helps to eliminate soggy centers and makes the pizza baked from the innermost depths.
- It bakes up multi-layered crunchy and chewy crusts.
- It absorbs heat and spreads it evenly for a perfect bake.
- It is significantly durable and has a non-cracking and non-breaking surface.
- It is a bit costly.
- The size of this stone might be a little big for normal home ovens.
2. Pizzacraft Rectangular ThermaBond Baking
This is a 14.75 Inch round Pizza Baking Stone with a rack and is a great option if you want top quality Pizza sitting at home full of all your favorite flavors and toppings. This Pizza Stone is made of superb quality stone and gives an authentic taste and flavor of Pizza.
- This stone can be used both for fresh as well as frozen Pizzas.
- It also works well for baking biscuits, breads and more.
- The stone heats up evenly so there are no heat spots.
- It gives crispier and better baked crusts.
- The size is perfect for home ovens and grills.
- It needs to be handled with extreme caution so that it doesn’t crack or break.
3. Old Stone 16-Inch Round Oven Pizza Stone
This 16-inch pizza stone and bread stone is made from the exact firebrick material available inside of kilns and blast furnaces, which helps to create the perfect Pizza of your dreams. It’s material is durable enough to move from your cold fridge straight into your hot oven all without cracking even a bit. The baking stone’s symmetry keeps your pizza toppings neat, tidy and in line. It is a really good clay Pizza Stone.
- It can make restaurant-quality Pizza and Bread with crunchy and chewy crusts.
- It is perfect for baking 16” inches family-style Pizzas, Breads, Biscuits and other goods.
- This stone is durable, and will not crack since it’s crafted from a mix of graphite-free clay.
- It has a specially engineered heat core which prevents soft centers.
- It absorbs the oven’s heat and transfers it evenly across the base.
- The size might be a bit big for your oven.
- fIt needs to be carried with care because of its huge size.
4. Pizzacraft 16.5 Round Cordierite Pizza Stone
This round Thermabond Pizza Stone is awesome for baking amazing Pizzas, Breads, and other baked goods right in the comfort of your own home kitchen. This baking stone helps to prevent and remove hot spots during cooking, and gives uniformly browned and crisped crusts. This Pizza Stone is made up of high-quality clay.
- It is made up of 100% All-Natural FDA-safe material.
- It is great for baking 16.5” inch family-style Pizzas, Breads, Pastries and more.
- The stone requires no seasoning or conditioning at all.
- This stone is also very convenient for heating and re-heating ready-made frozen pizzas and other baked goods.
- It eliminates hot spots while cooking, and produces a uniformly browned and crispy crust.
- The size might be big for your oven.
- fBefore using, you need to pre-heat the oven for over half an hour.
5. Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan
This well seasoned 14 inch round Pizza pan comes with loop handles and features even, fast heating and excellent heat retention. A golden crispy Pizza crust is guaranteed each and every time you use it. It’s also great for roasted vegetables, pork chops, chicken as well as fish and beef. Not even the most expensive stainless or aluminum cookware can compete with the even heating, heat retention, versatility, value and durability of the Lodge Cast Iron. It is made up of superior quality cast iron and gives a Pizza to literally melt for.
- This pizza stone is seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that further improves with use.
- It can be used at home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or even over the campfire.
- It cannot be competed with in heat retention and even heating.
- It has an easy care. You can just wash it with water, dry and then rub with a bit of cooking oil.
- It removes hot spots while cooking, and gives a uniformly browned and crispy crust.
- You might have trouble storing it because of its large size.
6. Emile Henry 10″ Pizza Stone
Emile Henry is known for the production of a wide range of ceramic utensil products. The stone comes with a 10-year guarantee for all types of manufacturing defects.
The versatile product can be used on gas, charcoal, and even natural wood grills. It is also able to withstand a temperature of 900 degrees F, which makes it a very durable product.
- This pizza stone is made up of natural materials and is manufactured by Emile Henry’s proprietary Flame technology.
- It is designed in such a way that it could be used on gas, charcoal and even natural wood grills up to a temperature of 900 degrees F. It can be used in all types of ovens and broilers.
- Due to its ability to withstand such a high temperature, it can be used as a Barbeque grill as well.
- The Glazed pizza stone is durable and scratch-resistant.
- The handles which come along with it allows you to handle quickly and carry it.
- The product is easy to maintain as it is dishwasher safe. After using it, you can use soap and water to wash it off.
- The pizza after being cooked has a crisp crust and cooks evenly.
- It has a 10-year guarantee for all the manufacturing defects when it is used in a household environment.
- No such cons were observed.
7. Culinary Expertise Cordierite Pizza Stone
Combining highly resilient cordierite material with a table-ready design, this elegant Pizza Stone has thermal resilience up to 1000° F, making it perfect for the oven, grill, as well as the fire pit.This 15-inch square grill baking stone assures 100% delicious, authentic results in a stylish, elegant and highly functional direct from the oven-to-table top design. It is made up of stone and clay.
- The pizza stone comes with a thermal shock resistant feature.
- It can work in the oven or even on an outdoor gas/charcoal grill.
- It has a 2 year warranty period.
- All materials of this set are certified for food-safe compliance in accordance to FDA, RoHS, EC, and LFGB standards.
- It is designed for oven to the table top delivery.
- Some users felt smell issue whileheating in the oven.
8. JAMIE OLIVER Pizza Stone
This Jamie Oliver’s Pizza stone set is one of the best currently available in the markets. It absorbs moisture and heats up evenly to produce a pizza with an authentic and crispy base. It is also perfect for baking breads and biscuits.The entire set includes a single pizza stone, one serving rack along with an instructions manual. This Pizza Stone is made up of clay and is highly recommended by one and all.
- This pizza stone absorbs moisture and heats up evenly to produce Pizza with an authentic crispy base.
- It is perfect for baking breads and biscuits.
- It is very easy to handle and easy to clean
- It is designed especially for direct oven to the table top delivery.
- Cleaning of the stone is little bit difficult.
9. Outset Pizza Grill Stone
This Pizza Stone has a great thickness so rest assured that you’ll get top quality Pizzas and other baked goods without fail. It can be used both for fresh as well as frozen baked goods. This Pizza Stone is made up of high quality clay.
- It absorbs moisture and heats up evenly to produce Pizza with an authentic crispy base.
- It is perfect for baking bread and biscuits
- It is easy to handle and easy to clean
- The thickness is perfect to bake Pizzas.
- It can be cleaned only by using water. Do not use soap or washing powder/liquid since it may seep into the stone and will result in your next baked good having a soapy flavor.
10. Wilton 15-Inch Ceramic Pizza Stone
Bake/Cook your all-time-favorite foods to perfection with this premium and exotic stoneware. This ceramic baking stone is made of high-quality material promising you the perfect results and will perform exceptionally for years to come to provide a baking perfection.The 15-inch round baking stone heats quickly and evenly, absorbs moisture for crispier crusts, and retains the heat for serving. This baking stone also includes a heavy-duty chrome plated rack for easy serving and transportation. It is made up of stone.
- This stone retains heat, keeping the food warm for a longer period of time.
- It is perfect for baking breads and biscuits.
- The chrome rack cradles the Pizza stone, making it easy to remove the stone from the oven.
- The absorbent stone retains heat, helping to keep the Pizza hot all throughout your meal.
- The thickness is perfect to bake Pizzas.
- The material is great to bake Pizzas.
- Putting cold or room-temperature stone in hot oven can lead to breakage and cracks.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does pizza stone make a difference?
Yes, making a pizza on the stone creates a difference than going for the metallic baking plates. The ceramic pizza stone holds more heat and evenly cooks the pizza. Apart from that, it also absorbs more water from the dough as it cooks.
2. Should you oil a pizza stone?
No, you should not oil a pizza stone. Just wipe the surface before putting the dough on it. Ceramic is a porous surface which will not get seasoned like other iron or metal baking stones.
3. Is pizza stone imporatant to grill pizza?
It is not necessary to have a pizza stone to grill the pizza. While having one cooks it evenly and tastes better than those made in metal or iron plates.
4. Can you place the pizza stone in the oven?
You can place the pizza stone in the lowest rack of the cold oven and then set the temperature to the highest in order to pre-heat it for an hour at least. This will give your pizza the char and delicious flavor you want. It absorbs the heat from the oven and holds it to evenly distribute it to the pizza for that golden crust with the soft cheesy interior.
5. Do pizza stones really work?
Pizza stones are made of high-quality ceramic material or clay. They come with a thickness that holds the heat evenly, and the porous surface draws out moisture from the wet areas of the pizza dough while cooking. Moreover, pre-heating the stone in the oven ensures the golden crusty sides to your pizza.
6. Do I put oil on the pizza stone?
No, do not apply oil on the pizza stone. You can add cornmeal to help in the removal of the pizza crust and bread.
7. What temperature can a pizza stone withstand?
Most pizza stones can withstand a temperature up to 500-550 degree Fahrenheit. On the other hand, there also exist some pizza stones that are designed to withstand temperature as high as 900-1400 degree Fahrenheit.
8. Are you supposed to preheat a pizza stone?
Yes, pizza stones are supposed to be pre-heated so that they absorb the heat faster and distribute it evenly while cooking the pizza dough. Moreover, it also gives that delicious char flavor to your pizza along with a golden crispy crust.
9. Can you use pizza cutter on pizza stone?
Remove the pizza from the stone before cutting it using a pizza cutter. Cutting pizza on the stone can lead to scratches on the stone.
After giving this article a careful read, anyone can easily choose the correct pizza stone for yourself on the basis of your need and budget and save yourself unnecessary trips to eat great quality pizza at high rates.If you do not have budget constraints and want to make baking really easy and perfect, then Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone or Good Cook 4301 14.75 Inch Pizza Stone are the best options for you. Depending on quality, thickness, type and cost any of these above listed Pizza Stones will be a great investment.