12 Best Type-C Cables
Each and every day we witness an invention of new technology and a new device in the market. Most of these products have been designed in such a way that it eases our jobs and makes our lives effortless. All thanks to our modern sciences!
The mobile phones which we use, the speakers, Bluetooth devices and many other electronic products which we use in our daily life has some or the other connection with transferring of data.
The main component which is needed for performing all these functions is a USB cable. There are even accessories according to the operating system that needs a cable, like the iPhone and Ipad accessories, are different from Android smartphone accessories and one big change in Android accessories is the type-C cable.
Earlier, we were familiar with the USB type A and type B cable. But due to the emerging standards of charging and transferring data, a new USB cable which was invented is the USB Type-C cables right now it is included with almost every device that we use such as the laptops, phones, tablets and in a given time, it will be spread to pretty much everything, even those which use the older, larger USB connectors.
12 Best Type-C Cables in India
Due to the variety in shapes and designs of the products, some changes had to be made in the shapes of the connector.
All these previous connectors have the same feature and it is connected only in one way (which is why every time you need to look at the port while connecting).
The type-C features a new development in this problem that it can be connected in dual way round.
It is very important to note that Type-C is a type of the USB connector and not a version or an interface. The type refers to the physical shape, internal wiring, and the pin-configuration of that connector.
On the other hand, the version such as USB 1 & USB 2 refers to the speed, features, and functionalities of the USB interface. No doubt, the type-C has taken place of the existing Type-A & B with a big margin.
Advantages of Type-C cables:
There are plenty of advantages of using a type c cable instead of using the present Type-A and Type-B available.
Support for the modern USB version
Due to higher compatibility, these type-C cables can be interfaced with the modern USB versions such as the 3.1 and 3.2. This means that it inherits specific advantages such as higher bandwidth and faster communication.
Using these cables, you can probably gain a higher data transfer from 10-20 GB per second. All these features make our jobs easy and effortless.
The smaller size of the cables
These cables are smaller as compared to the Type-A ones but slightly larger than the micro-USB cables. Compact size and design mean that the compatibility of portable devices such a laptops and tablets increases.
Extensive usability and applications
It is cable of carrying a power of 100 watts which is strong enough to charge any laptops. Devices such as MacBook uses Type-C cables for power charging and data transfer. Thus, the usability of these cables has been increased and it is used in almost all the devices which we use.
Now you need not have to look at the port while inserting your cables because it can be fit in either way.
Earlier the cables that came in the market were intertwined with the USB 2.0 connections which provide about 2.5 watts power, capable enough to charge your smartphones. Now, these cables have been intertwined with USB power delivery which can provide up to 100 watts power cable enough to charge your laptops as well.
Is your device compatible with Type-C
While buying the type-c cables, the first and the foremost thing is to check whether your device is compatible with it or not.
Phone manufacturers are doing their best in providing better services for users but sometimes, all the features of chargers and cables are not compatible with it.
Buy a reputable cable
We must be seeing a lot of brands available in the market now and most of them turn out to be a disgrace. Either they are not compatible with your device or they are not efficient for your use.
So, it is better that you buy a product from a reputed brand without going for the cheaper ones.
Make use of reviews
Each and everyone who buys a product must be having a different perspective towards it. Some may have a good experience and others would be having a bad one.
Before buying the product, go through all the reviews related to the product, both good and bad, then choose to buy that product.
The Type-C cables are also intertwined with other features such as the fast charging (3.0) which proves to be useful for users. The versions with which the Type-C cable is compatible differs from cable to cable. Check the specification before buying them.
Top 12 Type-C Cables
1. AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Cable
If you have any device that is compatible to a Type-C charger, AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Cable is also one of the choices which are open for the users which cater to each and every need of yours.
Fast charging, syncing music, data, and other files has now become very easy using this cable. The 3-feet long cable gives you the freedom to plug in your charger even far away from your device.
All these features in a single product make it one of the preferable choices available in the market.
- You can connect your cable with any Type-C enabled device such as (MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Galaxy Note 7, etc.) with standard USB Type-A enabled devices(laptops, hard drives, power banks, wall/car chargers, etc.)
- The reversible design of the cable allows you to insert the charger through any of the sides.
- The length of the cable is long enough to give you freedom of sitting even away from your charging point.
- It is certified by USB-IF to be compliant with the USB 2.0 version.
- The port of the Type-C cable is half the width and one-third the height of the Type-A cable port.
- It provides a data transfer rate of about 480 MBps which makes communication easy and fast.
- It is not a fast charging cable.
2. Mi 2-in-1 USB Cable
Xiaomi Corporation is a popular Chinese electronics company that manufactures electronic gadgets as well as accessories. The Mi 2-in-1 USB cable can be used to charge or sync your micro USB devices as well as C-type devices.
The cable has multiple wires inside that work together to provide safe charging up to 2.4A. The inner wiring is made from 28 pieces of 0.1 mm tin-coated copper wire and supported by 250D nylon that withstands wear and tear thus increasing the durability.
- It supports quick charge and faster data transfer.
- The conductors inside this cable are wrapped with high-quality copper braids for strength and are built to last.
- It has a sturdy outer casing which prevents breakage and yet is flexible.
- It is a reversible connector that connects to your device in any direction without the hassle of incorrect insertion.
- The input port of this cable is 2.0 (type A) and it comes with a 6 months warranty.
- It has a long length as compared to new USB cables.
- It can charge any type of device since it supports micro USB as well as C type.
- Reasonably priced
- This 100cm cable is made from environment-friendly TPE material.
- It is not a fast charging cable.
3. boAt A400 USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Data Cable
Apart from all the features that a product provides, it must also look good physically. Boat type c charging cable, 2 Meter (Black) has been aesthetically designed in such a way that there are Nylon braidings all over it which gives an elegant look to the cable.
Not only does n=it give good looks to the cable, but it also makes it tangle-free. You feel really annoyed with the cables which you buy get tangled all around while we want to use it. This feature finds a solution to your problem.
- The 2-meter long cable is a reversible Type-C cable to USB A male connector which is compatible with almost all the devices which support Type-C port.
- It is a good option for data sync and charging cable for apple new MacBook 12 inch, nexus 5x, nexus 6p, OnePlus 2, pixel c, Lumia 950, Lumia 950 xl, Nokia n1, Chromebook google pixel, Asus zenphone3, and other USB-C devices.
- It comes along with a 2-year warranty on the product.
- The cable is aesthetically designed with Nylon braided on its outside which makes it tangle-free and gives look to the cable.
- The build quality is just as promised. You would not worry about the durability of the product as it lasts longer.
- The cable is tough and hard which prevents the daily wear and tear that would damage the product significantly.
- It supports the 3A fast Dash charging and gives data transfer rates of about 480 MBps.
- The tight-fitting of the cable would damage the USB port of your device.
4. TARKAN USB Type-C to Type-A 3.0 Male Nylon Braided Cable 1.5 Meter
The choice becomes difficult when there are a lot of features that differs in every cable. TARKAN USB Type-C to Type-A 3.0 Male Nylon Braided Cable 1.5 Meter Long Fast Charging Supports 5 Gbps Data Transfer Speed (Grey) offers 3.0 Fast Data-sync charging that will make your job pretty easy and convenient.
There is no compromise on the quality of the product which makes it one of the preferable choices available to you.
- The universal compatibility of the cable ensures that it could be connected to most of the devices and all USB type-c compatible phones, laptops.
- The 2-in-1 cable allows you to transfer data between devices as well as fast-charging. The 3.0 fast charging reduces the charging time and saves energy as well.
- The cable is so strong that it can withstand 10000+ cycles of the 90-degree bend test and even after that there would be no damage caused to the cables.
- The 5-feet length of the cable gives you the freedom to be away from the plug-in socket while charging your device. You could even lie down on your couch and do not worry about the cable being disconnected.
- It comes along with a 12 months warranty.
- The oxidation resistance of this cable prevents it from any extrusion force.
- The data transfer rate can reach up to 5GBps which means that the amount of time to transfer an entire would be very fast.
- The cable will not support dash charging in OnePlus devices.
5. Regor Type-C Cable, 5 Ft/1.5Mtr, Rugged Connectors
The most important feature is the extra-long length which is about 5-feet. Regardless of the fact where your plug-in socket is, Regor Type-C Cable, 5 Ft/1.5Mtr, Rugged Connectors, Nylon Braided for Type-C Devices, NOT A Micro USB gives you the freedom to be even far away from the socket and makes your job easy and convenient. The unique design and the color of these cables make it stand out from the rest of the Type-C cables.
- The cable works only with the devices which are Type-C compatible devices such as Oneplus 3, 5, 6 or Samsung S8, S9, S10 or Mi phones with Type C Ports, Pixel phones.
- The premium-quality Nylon material adds extra durability to the cables and makes it strong. The unique design and color of the product make it a perfect choice for the users.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the manufacturing defects.
- The 56K ohm resistance that comes along with the cable makes it sure that there is no damage caused to your cables while charging your device.
- The extra-long cable makes you free and allows you to freely move around be it your house or office.
- The charging is just like the original cable and the cable gives you a premium experience.
- The velcro tie allows you to easily assemble the cable and carry it wherever you want to go.
- It does not support dash charging.
6. POPIO 2.4A 2 in 1 Type C Cable – Best for Type-C & Type-A
A savior product that comes new to the market for those people who have multiple devices and some of them support Type-C as well as Type-C connection.
To prevent yourself from buying two different cables, POPIO 2.4A 2 in 1 Micro USB to Type C Charging and Data Sync Cable has come to the market which supports both Type-C and Type-A making it more versatile. With 2.4 Amps power output, it supports fast charging.
- A 2-in-1 connector which is Type-C as well as Type-A which makes it compatible & convenient for you to use. You can use it to connect it with your laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- The cable is made up of high-quality TPE material. The inner side of the cable is made up of tinned copper conductor, aluminum foil and mylar shielding.
- It supports an extremely wide range of devices, making it a very versatile product. Some of those devices are Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, LG, HTC, Motorola, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Google, Oppo, Realme, Oneplus, Meizu, Vivo, Asus, Blackberry, Alcatel, ZTE, Microsoft, Lava, Micromax, Blu, Acer, Infinix, Techno, Panasonic, YU Mobile Phones, Macbook, Chromebook.
- The cable supports power output of 2.4 Amps, which makes it an efficient product for fast charging the devices.
- The materials which are used to make this cable reduces the threat of interference and also gives it double protection against all wear and tear.
- It provides a transfer rate of file up to 480 MBps allowing you to transfer music and videos in no time.
- If used with any USB Type-A cable, it can be used in conjunction to make it useful for backup charging.
- The cable has undergone a number of tests to make it one of the preferable choices. It has surpassed Annealing: Tensile, Wrapping, Conductor Resistant, High voltage, and continuity tests.
- Type-c does not fit well to the cell.
7. Priefy Fast Data Sync Fast Charging Cable
Some of the cables which we use lead to damage of your ports while charging. This must be because of irregular resistance of that cable and sometimes even due to tight-fitting.
Priefy Fast Data Sync Fast Charging Cable Compatible for One Plus and All C Type Devices comes along with a 56k ohm resistance which means that no harm is caused to your port while charging or syncing data.
There are many other features that come along with it.
- It is compatible with OnePlus 6T/6/5T/5/3T/3 enabled devices and this charger and cable are 100% compatible with any C type devices.
- The certified USB-IF connector ensures the safety of your charging cable as well as your USB port.
- The cable has a clip that lets you pack it making it easy during travel.
- One of the biggest problems that we face during charging is that the battery gets damaged when it is overcharged. The Protection mode that comes along with this cable makes sure that the device is not damaged even if it is overcharged.
- It comes along with output 5v 4.0a fast charging to save your time.
- The great look and the color combinations add elegance to your product.
- It does not dash charge as mentioned.
8. Tiegem 2. 5A Type C USB Cable
When you buy a cable of whichever type it is, one of the major problems that you face is that the connector which fits into the port of your device wears off easily and finally using it for few months, you will end up getting a damaged connector.
Tiegem 2. 5A Type C USB Cable for Type C Devices Fast Charging 480mbps Data Sync Nylon Braided Cable (Black, 2m) comes out with a solution to your problem by designing the cable in such a way that even if you bend or stretch the cable, it would not break.
- It is designed to be a perfect choice for charging as well as data transferring. It reduces the charging time up to 40% which eventually saves your money as well as your time.
- The universal compatibility of this cable allows you to use it with devices and other USB-c devices.
- The strong connector head makes it sure that it does not get loose or fall off from the port.
- The cable offers fast charging and fast data transfer about 480MBps which will make your job easy and convenient.
- The cable is engineered in such a way that it offers long durability and strength due to the fact that it is covered with Nylon braids on its outer.
- The laser-welded casing offers a good strength to your cable and prevents it from any type of damage or breakage.
- The L-shaped connectors are a good choice as it prevents breakage of the connector.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product.
- The pin connects to the port too hard that you have to literally pull it apart strong to remove it.
9. GoFree USB Type-C Cable 1.2m
In today’s date, we are in search of products that can ease our jobs and produce fast outcomes in no time. GoFree USB Type-C Cable with Fast/Quick Charge & Data Sync Support (1.2m, Black) is one such product available in the market that has provided the users with a better option than those Type-C cables available in the market.
The fast charging allows the users to quickly charge up their device and fast data transfer rates of these cables are an added advantage to the product.
With a lot more features that come along this cable, it has to be one of the best choices available in the market.
- The type-C cable is made up of high-quality thick four-core copper wires. It has 2x thicker insulation over it which makes it a superior product and increases its durability.
- The product is bend tested over 5000 times which makes sure that the wire does not get cut off from any part which could be a problem for the users.
- The connector and the cable are unified into one which makes pretty sure that the connector does not snag off from the cable.
- The product supports 2.1Amp fast charging.
- The GoFree Type-A to Type-C cables guarantees the user with better outcomes and fast charging. It is compatible with all versions of Quick Charge (QC), Adaptive Fast Charging & Turbo Charging standards.
- The cable is engineered to provide uncompromised better reliability, long life, and durability. After buying this product, you need not have to be dependent on any other cable.
- The wire is made up of high-quality copper wire which provided better durability and does not wear off easily.
- The cable also supports fast data transfer rates up to 480 MB/s
- The long cable (1.2 m) gives the user freedom to charge their device through a wall charger as well as charging through a computer system.
- No negative points were observed
10. Amkette Tough Pro Type C Braided Dash Charge Cable
With a lot of products available in the market, it becomes difficult to choose from them. Most of the wires wear off easily and gets damaged after using it sometimes.
Amkette Tough Pro Type C Braided Dash Charge Cable for OnePlus Devices – 4.92 Feet (1.5 Meters) – (Black) is made up of thick copper wire which lasts long.
It also has a velcro tape that comes along it which can help you to manage better while using it for a shorter distance. There are a lot more advantages that come along with these cables.
- The cable is made up of 22AWG Thick Copper Wire which makes it a tough pro cable. It also has an ultra-fast data transfer and charging with maximum current output, up to 3 Amperes.
- The durability of the product is very high because the thread count of the wire is high with micro-mesh braiding.
- This Type-C cable is compatible with all the chargers which have a Type-C charging input. It has a large number of compatible devices such as One Plus, Mi, Pocofone, Oppo, and many more.
- It comes along with a 2-year warranty.
- One of the main advantages of having this cable is that it is compatible with Dash Charge or Qualcomm QC Technology. (To use Dash charge or QC technology, you need to have a compatible charger along with it.)
- The cable has a longer length(1.5m) because of which you need to worry about the socket.
- Unibody flexible joints prevent the cable from daily wear and tear.
- The thick Kevlar exterior gives the cable strength and rigidity.
- It does not support dash charging genuinely.
11. Pes Pure Zinc Alloy (Nylon Braided) Cable
Whether you want to charge your device which is android, windows compatible, or else you want to transfer files, poor speed could cripple your overall productivity and can eventually annoy you a lot.
Pes Pure Zinc Alloy (Nylon Braided) Cable Premium USB Type C to USB A, Sync & Charging, All Type C Supported Devices – Red guarantees you that it can give you the best speed available which will make your job done easily.
There are a lot more features coming along with this cable.
- PES Zinc Alloy Nylon Braided Type-C cable is manufactured as a super-strong cable that would ensure that it is protected from daily wear and tear which could damage the cable.
- The core of the cable is made up of pure copper wire that provides an output of 2.4A which makes sure that the transfer of data or charging of your device is done at a marginally higher speed.
- It gives an unbeatable performance by reducing the charging time of your smartphones by almost 60%. This is something that makes this cable stand out from the rest.
- This cable is far more dependent than any other cable in its price range, it has been gone through 10000+ bend lifespan.
- The stainless steel braiding on the outer part gives extra durability and provides an appealing look to the cable. Not just it provides a better result, it also looks good than the other cables.
- The 1-meter long cable allows ease of connectivity between your devices.
- A pretty good quality cable that supports fast charging as well.
- No negative points were observed.
12. IONIX Type C USB Type-C to Type-A 3.0 Male Braided Cable
The durability of a product matters a lot. Whenever you buy a product, it should last for a longer time. This means that the manufacturing of the product must be using high-quality material, only then you would trust it and make up your mind to buy it.
IONIX Type C USB Type-C to Type-A 3.0 Male Braided Cable Fast Charging for Pixel, OnePlus 3T, Type c Cables with Fast Charging Support, Imported Quality is one such product that makes into your list of preferable choices for Type-C cables.
- The cable is extra thick than the other usual cables (4.5mm) because it is made up of high-quality materials as well as a PVC coating. All these materials make the cable durable and strong preventing any damage due to the usual wear and tear.
- The cable can support a quick charging of 2.4A which would make it compatible with devices that can support the quick charge, dash charge, and turbo-charging features.
- High-quality products with a reasonable price that is affordable.
- It is easily compatible with the USB 2.0 version.
- The high-speed data transfer of the cables allows you to quickly sync data such as music, photos and other files quickly without any delay.
- The Ambrane USB cable is designed to connect and disconnect the cables over and over again without any loss of signals which makes it a perfect choice.
- The reversible cable gives you freedom of connecting it to the USB port in any direction, you need not to have to look twice before inserting the cable.
- No negative points were observed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is type c cable better than existing cables?
Each of the devices comes along with their own cables for charging and data transfer. If we are speaking only about data transfer, using your existing generic cable would be sufficient.
But, if we talk about charging the device, then Type-C cables are the best in the town. It offers up to 10GBps data transfer rates and 100 watts of power delivery. You could not ask for something better.
2. Which all cell phones have Type c cable end?
Type-C cables have literally taken over almost all the phones which are currently released in the market and also those which are about to be released. Some of the phones which are compatible with the Type-C cables are as follows:
- Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- OnePlus 6T
- LG G7 ThinQ
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Motorola Moto G6 Motorola Moto Z3 Play
- HTC U12 Plus
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Sony Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact
- Asus ZenFone 5
- Xiaomi Mi 8
These are just a few of them enlisted. Most of the phones which are released in the market is compatible with the Type-C cables.
3. How to know if you are buying safe USB-C cable?
First of all, before buying the cable, you should look at the specifications of the device if it is compatible with the Type-C cable or not. Most of the cables which you buy are Type-A to Type-C cables.
So if you want to charge your device which is having a Type-C port, you need to connect it to the Type-A port from the other end. If the cable is of good quality, the drawing of energy from the computer or the adapter would be in limits.
If you have bought a poor quality cable, it would attempt to draw a larger amount of energy, which will indeed damage your device or the port. It is advisable that you should purchase the cable from a good company otherwise, it would damage your device.
4. What is Type C cable?
Type-C cable is a 24-pin USB connector system that is distinguished by its rationally symmetrical shape. You can plug this cable from either side to your phone. USB 3.1 cables are considered to be fully featured Type-C cables.
5. What is a Type C cable used for?
Type-C cables carry significantly more power than any other cables, so they can be used to charge devices such as mobile phones and laptops.
The transfer speed of Type-C cables are also more (10 GBps), if you need to transfer files from one device to another, you can use it.
6. Is micro USB and Type C the same?
There is a slight difference between the micro USB and Type-C cable. The former contains hooks on one side, and it can be entered into a device in a specific way. Type-C cables are known for their rationally symmetrical shape which makes it cable of inserting into the device in either way.
7. Does USB Type C charge faster?
USB Type-C is known for its reversible connectors, which means it can charge faster. It can deliver a power of up to 100 watts at 20 volts. This makes it a good option to charge large devices such as laptops and tablets.
Looking at all the products mentioned above, we would sum up that the advantages of using a Type-C cable over the other Type cables are more which makes the job easy and convenient. But it becomes a difficult job to choose which of them is the best one.
Looking at all the specifications and features, we would suggest that the best buy among all these cables would be AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Cable. The universal compatibility of the product gives you the freedom of buying it since it can be used with most of the devices.
Another product that we suggest for our users would be boAt A400 USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Data Cable, 2 Meter.
The Nylon braidings from the outside give an aesthetic look on it. It supports the 3A fast Dash charging and gives data transfer rates of about 480 MBps. The price of the product is also reasonable.