10 Best Chyawanprashs in India
Enriched with the goodness of natural and organic herbs, the chyawanprash is a trusted and reliable formulation that boosts our immunity and provides a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
The chyawanprash has been an integrated part of Indian culture since times immemorial. It is prepared by age-old and time-tested recipes that our ancient seers formulated. It is a potent paste that is power-packed with the nutritional values of medicinal herbs.
Daily consumption of one spoon chyawanprash helps develop the brain and intellectual functions, healthy functioning of various body systems, and boosting immunity. It is an ideal medicinal paste for your entire family, including kids and adults alike.
10 Best Chyawanprashs In India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Chyawanprash Health Benefits
One of the main reasons why people consume chyawanprash is that it helps with strengthening immunity. We don’t get the fresh air, fresh food that people used to get before, and so immunities are weak, and we can fall prey to even simple viral fever more often.
Chyawanprash has Indian gooseberry, which has the largest Vitamin C sources, and it helps with our immunity.
Many people are vegetarians and vegan, so they don’t get proper protein intake. It also affects other vitamins like b12 and D, and often feels exhausted even after doing the bare minimum.
Taking chyawanprash regularly will provide adequate vitamins and boost your energy to take on your day better. It also helps in tissue rejuvenation and longevity of your bones and muscles.
Better Digestion & Gut Health
When you have a desk job that is 9-5, you don’t do much movement, which affects our digestion. Chyawanprash has all the herbs that are good for our gut, and it helps them do the job properly.
It also helps in detoxing all the toxins out of the body. Better gut means a better day. That is why taking chyawanprash is important.
Prevents from Basic Illness
Have you noticed that you get cold easily or just by having one scoop of ice cream the next day you experience a runny nose? This is because your immunity is weak.
Taking chyawanprash daily will build your immunity strong enough to fight off such basic illnesses. It also helps with having stronger respiratory organs and the gut, chyawanprash is good for the overall body.
Skin, Hair & Nails
If you are wondering if chyawanprash is only good for your inner body, then you are wrong. With over 50 herbs in it, chyawanprash also makes our skin healthy, hair shiny and nails stronger.
This is because chyawanprash fulfils the lack of vitamins in our body. Once your body has all the vitamins, you are bound to get good results.
Chyawanprash is made out of only herbal ingredients. Before purchasing any bottle and check if there is any preservative. Also, check the ingredients are all good and natural.
Chyawanprash should not have any kind of preservation, and it is meant to be eaten as soon as you can.
Anything is manufactured in a unit comes with an expiry date. Make sure to check the expiry date, and it should be far enough that you will complete it on time.
If you end up buying an expired chyawanprash, it can upset your stomach and give out a bad smell.
If you find chyawanprash that is not labelled and does not have the ingredients, do not purchase anything like that. You don’t know what all ingredients went in the preparation.
We suggest you go for brands like Dabur and Zandu who follow safety measures while preparing the chyawanprash. You can clearly see the expiration date as well as the ingredients.
Check Medial conditions
Even though chyawanprash is good for your health, you need to check your medical conditions before consuming it. Chyawanprash consists of 50 herbs, and in case you have allergy from anyone of the herb, you can get an allergic reaction.
Chyawanprash also consists of sugar, and it can affect any diabetic person. Thus, it is advisable to consult a doctor before consuming if you have any medical condition.
Top 10 Best Chyawanprashs In India
1. Zandu Chyawanprashad
Zandu Ayurveda is a part of Emami Group which was founded in the early ’70s. They have provided great products such as Zandu balm, Boro Plus, Navratna oil, and much more.
They believe in providing products that are Ayurveda approved. They have also provided us with Zandu chyawanprash.
- Comes in 4 variants – Zandu chyawanprash, Zandu chyawanprash Avaleha, Zandu Kesari Jivan, Zandu Kesari Jivan fit for diabetics
- It comes in a 900g container
- 3 of the main ingredients are amla – which as the highest source of vitamin C, shilajit – it contains fulvic acid and 84 minerals which act as anti-oxidants, and ashwagandha – has anticancer properties, helps with stress, anxiety and depression, can also increase fertility in men
- It does not have any sugar in it, making it a healthy option
- Helps in building immunity and stamina
- Dosage and direction are provided on the packaging
- Not everyone would like the taste
2. Dabur Chyawanprash
Dabur is a very well known company in India. Founded by Dr. S. K. Burman in 1884 in Calcutta’s city with an idea of providing health care products to India.
Since then, we all have used one or another Dabur products such as hair oils, shampoos, health supplements, oral care, and so much more. Dabur Chyawanprash is one of the most popular ones in India. Here we have reviewed it in detail.
- Comes with 4 variant – Chyawanprash, mixed fruit, chocolate, and sugar-free
- Consists of 41 herbs, the main ones being:
- Amla – contain Vitamin C which helps in absorbing calcium
- Pippali- works great on bacterial infection
- Shatavari – it has cool and calming properties
- Giloy – treats arthritis, gives a boost in immunity
- Ashwagandha- helps in reducing blood sugar levels and increasing mass and strength
- Mulethi – helps with a sore throat, good for digestion
- Comes in a 500 g container
- It is clinically tested to give you two times the immunity
- Even a diabetic person can enjoy the goodness of chyawanprash with Dabur sugar-free chyawanprash
- It protects from day-to-day illness and helps in improving strength
- No negative points have been observed so far
3. Saffola Arogyam Chyawan Amrut Awaleha
Saffola Arogyam Chywan Amrut Awaleha is formulated using ancient recipes that harness the power of Ayurveda with organic ingredients.
It is packed with carefully selected natural and potent ingredients for protecting your entire family against various ailments. It combines a proprietary combination of herbs with the potent power of the classical chyawanprash for boosting the immunity.
It includes over 45 ingredients of traditional chyawanprash along with powerful ayush kwath herbs.
- It is a potent ayurvedic formulation that is packed with the power of classical chyawanprash, ayush kwath, and turmeric for boosting immunity and improving respiratory health
- It employs a contemporary ayurvedic recipe that includes up to 50% more amla, turmeric, giloy, and ashwagandha
- The presence of ayush kwath ingredients like tulsi, kalimiri, sunthi, and dalchini supports respiratory health and relieves the symptoms of cold, cough, and sore throat
- This chywanprash comes enriched with shatavari, bala, and vidarikand that helps in boosting the energy, stamina, and strength in our bodies
- The recommended dosage for the adults is 1 tsp (12 grams) twice daily and ½ tsp (6 grams) twice daily for kids in the age group of 3-12 years
- It is available in a pack of 1.25 kgs
- It bolsters the natural immunity of our body so that we can readily cope up with the emerging challenges of day-to-day life
- The potent combination of amla, giloy, ashwagandha, and turmeric helps in boosting immunity in kids, adults, and old-aged people alike
- It is equally effective for both males and females
- It is an all-seasons chyawanprash that protects your family around the year
- It is suitable for people across all age groups (above 3 years)
- It tastes a little bit bitter
4. Kapiva Chyawanprash –
Chyawanprash has been around for a very long time as a one-stop solution for immunity boosters. Kapiva chyawanprash is made from the same traditional recipe with a modern touch for added wellness to make you healthier and stronger.
- This is a 500g bottle of chyawanprash made with organic ingredients.
- It contains ghee, raw honey and 40 such ayurvedic herbs and superfoods.
- It has a wide range of health benefits affecting full-body wellness.
- It contains no artificial colour or flavour and is a traditional recipe using charak Samhita and modern science.
- Its Glass bottle keeps the taste and quality of the chyawanprash intact.
- It has a very low sugar content and a good amount of raw honey.
- It has Amla and is processed to retain high vitamin C content.
- It improves immune health, brain health, digestion, cardiac health, and boosts bone health.
- It contains no additives and is GMP certified for health safety.
- No Cons as such were observed.
5. Organic India Chyawanprash
Organic India was founded in the 1990s in Lucknow with only one goal of helping people live a holistic life. They have around 25 stores in India, and they export the goods to more than 40 countries globally.
Everything from their packaging to the products all has conscious meaning behind them. They offer all-organic superfoods such as quinoa, honey, virgin coconut oil, and much more. Here we will be taking a look at their chyawanprash.
- It comes in a glass jar and a quantity of 500g
- It consists of 38 herbs including Amalaki – it reduces inflammation, helps in detoxing, sharpens memory
- It is rich in Vitamin C which helps in absorption of nutrients and great for digestion
- It claims to be good for heart, nourishes the brain cells, strengthens the immunity, and gives a glow on the skin
- Taste is better as compared to other chyawanprash in the market
- It supports liver function and also purifies the blood
- It also helps in improving memory
- It helps in the digestion of food and also eases occasional constipation
- Since the packaging is of glass, you need to be careful while using it
6. Patanjali Special Chyawanprash
Patanjali has taken over the Indian market by storm. Balkrishna Ramdev founded Patanjali Ayurved company in the year 2006, which produces mineral and herbal based products.
To provide pure products to India’s citizen, Patanjali has almost manufactured all kinds of items such as biscuits, instant noodles, shampoos, face washes, oral care products, and so much more.
They also provide healthy food such as aloe vera juice, amla juice, as well as chyawanprash.
- Patanjali chyawanprash with saffron comes in 1kg container
- 40 natural herbs were used in making this chyawanprash
- It has minerals and antioxidants in it
- Advised to use 1 spoon a day
- Consuming the chyawanprash daily has a lot of benefits like reduces cough, works toward loss of appetite, a disorder of lungs, loss of memory, etc
- 1kg quantity will last for a long time and is higher than any other chyawanprash offered by brands
- The taste is not great
7. Cureveda™ Herbal Pureprash
With over 20 years of experience, Cureveda has been providing us with herbal products. They have products for everything, for the heart to hair to women’s health.
They even have products for bones, neuro, and memory, as well as general wellness. You are sure to find something for yourself. Here we are taking a look at Cureveda Pureprash.
- It comes in a glass jar and offers 500 grams of the product
- It consists of 29 natural herbs
- Its process consists of a combination of herb and plant extracts with amla pulp as a base
- It is jaggery based instead of sugar-based, making it a healthier option
- It helps to boost immunity to fight against common illness and help you maintain an energetic lifestyle
- It helps fight respiratory issues and helps in lung functioning
- The chyawanprash sharpens memory and thus recommended for children as well
- It helps in purification of the blood and also removes toxins from the body
- Not everyone likes the taste
8. Baidyanath Chyawanprash
Baidyanath is an India pharmaceutical company that offers ayurvedic products. Founded in 1917, making Baidyanath one of India’s oldest companies was established by Pandit Ram Dayal Joshi.
Baidyanath offers health care products, wellness products, as well as personal care products. One such product by them that we are reviewing here is Baidyanath chyawanprash special
- They offer 3 variant – chyawanprash, chyawanvit sugar-free, and junior prash
- It comes in a 500-gram container
- Includes more than 30 herbs in it
- Suitable for all ages
- Directions are given straight which is 2 spoonfuls twice a day
- Tonic for great health helps with stronger immunity and restores the balance of antibodies
- Does not taste too good
9. Sri Sri Tattva Chyawanprash
Sri Sri Tattva is a nearly 40-year-old company providing us with the best quality ayurvedic products. Their goal is not only to provide pure food but also to contribute to all aspects of life.
They have a college of ayurvedic science and research, hospital, panchakarma wellness centres, and spas and clinics. All this so that the users can enjoy the goodness of Ayurveda.
- It comes in a plastic container, and the quantity of the products is 500 grams
- Chyawanprash is made out of 40 herbs
- Suitable for the whole family
- Taste is on the sweeter side, which will be more acceptable by kids
- You do not need an extra container to store it
- The packaging does not state the dosage and directions
- It is not sugar-free
10. Kerala Ayurveda Chyavanprash
Kerala Ayurveda Company is 70 years old and has its own research and development labs. They have their own garden using which, they have created beneficial formulations using 1200 medical herbs.
They offer natural supplements and tonics based on Ayurveda. Here we are taking a look at Kerala Ayurveda chyawanprash.
- It comes in a plastic container and offers 500 grams worth of product
- Few of its main ingredients are amalika – protects against cancer, reduces inflammation and gives better memory
- Draksha – helps with ease of bowel moments, helps with a burning sensation, and relieve from stress
- Pushkarnamool – helps with asthma, fever, cold, and also relieving wounds
- Pippali – improves digestion and appetite, also used to cure lung problems
- It is tested 350 times for the safety of the consumers
- It contains all the goodness of nature, anti-oxidants, and helps with immunity
- Taste is not good
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is chyawanprash considered good?
Chyawanprash comes from our ancient history and contains as many as 50 herbs that are good for our body overall. It helps with the digestive system, stronger respiratory organs, and stronger nails and healthy skin.
From an early age, kids are given chyawanprash for better immunity and better development of the body and brain.
2. How much and when to consume chyawanprash?
A spoonful of chyawanprash is considered enough. Chyawanprash can be eaten every day, and at any time but since it can increase the energy, it is advised not to have it at night before sleeping it can affect your sleep.
The best time to have chyawanprash is in the morning before having your breakfast.
3. Does chyawanprash help to gain weight?
Chyawanprash helps in better absorption of all the calcium and proteins from your food. Just by having chyawanprash, you won’t gain weight, along with it, you need to increase a healthy diet and do adequate exercise. But it will surely help in the process.
4. Can you have chyawanprash with milk?
Yes. Chyawanprash has a texture of a jam you can apply it on roti or bread. You can have it as it is from the spoon. Try it with milk or water as well.
5. Can adults have chyawanprash as well?
Yes. There is no age limit when it comes to chyawanprash. Both adults and kids can have chyawanprash. It is beneficial to the whole family can eat a jar of chyawanprash family.
Isn’t it great that doing something as simple as consuming a spoon of chyawanprash daily can build an immunity-armour around your body for shielding against ailments?
The chyawanprash brings together the medicinal and ayurvedic properties of over 50 different types of organic herbs. Our fast-paced and stressful life takes a heavy toll on our health. This necessitates the consumption of chyawanprash to stay fit and healthy.
It gives you the freedom to live life to the maximum and deliver your peak performance at whatever you do. It improves your productivity at work and helps your kids to excel in their studies.
Embrace healthy living by bringing home the power of herbs packed into delicious chywanprash.