11 Best Smartwatches For Kids
As technology is growing faster and faster, new things are being invented in an innovative way to meet user demands. Watch is one example. Very long back an analog watch was invented to display time, there on a few decades later digital watches came into existence. It became easier to know the time in micro fractions. Digital watches, along with calculator feature, gained popularity. Moreover, it became easier for kids to know the time with digital watches.
A smartwatch is a small device which is capable of performing the functionality of smartphones. Usually, a smartwatch is worn on the wrist of a person. Smartwatch has a great feature of the sync function where you can sync all the apps of smartphones and you never miss a notification or call or any update. Also, it is capable of capturing the photos and store them in the watch memory.
Demand for kids smartwatches is increasing day-by-day. Kids are more excited to buy, and also parents can track your kid’s route using GPS. If you plan to buy a smartwatch for your kid or want to gift someone, but you are confused, then this article will bring you the complete information. Here, we have given the complete information of what smartwatch is capable of doing, the different types of smartwatch for kids, benefits of giving your child a smartwatch, comprehensive buyers guide, and top 11 smartwatches for kids recommendation.
Top 11 Smartwatches for Kids
Easy Bluetooth connectivity
Easy Bluetooth connectivity
Android and iOS smartphone compatible
Budget friendly with warranty
What Does a Smartwatch Do?
Today’s smartwatches are capable of doing several tasks. Using a smartwatch daily or for a specified reason has a good number of features. Few smartwatches are equivalent to mobile phones or smartphones.
GPS-Global Positioning System
It is the essential feature of a smartwatch. Smartwatches will have a GPS to trace the location. Receive location notification and also, have maps to follow the particular route.
Many smartphones are notifications enabled. You can receive or send notification to smartphones when they are paired. This may help when you are far from your phone. Also, smartwatches can display the notification of any particular event or activity if it is set priorly. It can work simply as a reminder.
Nowadays, applications are performing major actions in your life, like keeping track of fitness or monitoring your diet needs or reminding you about the checkups or preparing you for an entrance exam. So, all such kind of apps can be supported in a few smartwatches once installed. This helps to make the tasks easier.
Fitness tracker/ Fitness Tracking
It is widely used in the smartwatches. If you are very cautious about your fitness and want to keep track of your regular exercise routine, fitness tracker smartwatch can do the trick. Many smartwatches are also capable of reading the heart rate.
Management of media
Some smartwatches paired with smartphones are capable of managing media players doing simple tasks like playing music, adjusting the volume and tracks. Also, you can play music either in order, randomly.
Answering the calls/messages
Answering the calls or providing voice messages will be an easier task if the smartwatch is paired with a smartphone. But these kinds of option will be available in only fewer smartwatches only.
Benefits of Giving Your Child a Smartwatch
A smartwatch comes with multi-functionalities and hence has many benefits.
- Smartwatch with GPS facility helps to track where your kid goes.
- Smartwatch also makes your kid learn playfully.
- Also, your kid can call you or text you when need you in an emergency.
- Apart from this feature, smartwatch make to monitor sleep timings and calculate the walk counts or exercise counts. Moreover, few smartwatches have an additional feature of reminding water intake.
- Also, the smartwatch has the capability of displaying the notifications of Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and hence, you don’t miss any updates.
- Smartwatch also keeps your kid entertained with games and learning apps.
- You kid can listen to the music as a smartwatch is capable of playing MP3 music files.
Types of Smartwatches
It will be difficult to categorize the smartwatches as it keeps changing based on the requirement of the user. Moreover, every smartwatch has its purpose. Also, the design of the smartwatch does not do much in deciding the type of smartwatch. The only similarity they may have is tracking the fitness. However, smartwatches are categorized into three types
Smartwatches that can be easily paired with the smartphones are called companion smartwatches. This type of smartwatch can easily sync the phone data to smartwatch and vice versa. Also, they are capable of answering calls, sending calls, receiving a notification like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter messages, and even some time email. The only condition is the smartwatch must be compatible with Android phones and iOS phones.
Usually, these smartwatches have SIM card along with it. So, making calls, answering calls, browsing the internet can be done without wireless limitations. Also, the smartphone comes with a rechargeable battery. They work similarly to smartphones.
Guide to Buy the Best Smartwatch for Kids
Before buying a smartwatch blindly, it is advisable to check all the features that you need are present in the watch or not. Buyers guide will help to look at the presence of the below-mentioned thing in the smartwatch.
Usually, the smartwatch uses an LCD or LED display for a richer display of color. Also, the apps must be visibly brighter. Display of the smartwatch must be perfect and should not make your kids eye strained. The touch screen should work perfectly. Also, all the things on the screen should be displayed in an organized manner.
It is an important feature because once you synchronize your data, you never miss any notifications. All your notifications like Facebook, WhatsApp, SMS will be displayed on your smartwatch. So by pairing your smartphone with a smartwatch, you never stay away from the phone.
Life of the battery
Any smartwatch for kids usually comes with battery life for 1 to 2 days, depending on the usage. So, battery life should be good enough to hold all your kid’s needs. If the battery needs to be charged frequently, then the smartwatch does not exist for a long time. Moreover, kids smartwatch also comes with gaming features and learning apps. Hence, the battery should be of excellent quality and also it must take less time to charge.
While buying a smartwatch, make sure that your smartwatch has all the necessary functionalities your kid wants. Ensure that too many features do not make the smartwatch to execute slowly or fail the application in seconds. Functionality like a pedometer, sleep monitor, call function, anti-lost, reminder are the most common functions seen in the smartwatch.
This is the most essential feature in the smartwatch because you do not want to waste your money once invested in it. Kids tend to play in water or rain, so the smartwatch must have a good water-resistance capability. Nowadays, many smartwatches for kids are water-resistant, but few watches can even be worn while swimming or during the shower.
Look and feel of the watch
You are planning to buy kids smartwatch. Kids get attracted to good looking smartwatch with bright colors. Also, the smartwatches must not be more in weight, so they feel hard to move their hands easily. Moreover, smartwatches must not distract them with an odd look.
Many smartwatches can do more apart from just answering calls or sending calls, displaying messages. Your smartwatch can also connect your phone remotely and also find a lost phone. Also, your smartwatch can play music and do things much more.
Depending on the functionalities your smartwatch price varies. Usually, a smartwatch with minimum features comes around Rs 1000 to Rs 1800. An expensive smartwatch is not ideal for kids. If a smartwatch with good and accurate GPS feature, SOS feature may be priced more. If you are looking a smartwatch for kids security, then investing a few rupees more does not make any difference.
The durability of the smartwatch is the most important thing that needed to be checked while buying a smartphone. If you buy a smartwatch and it gets damaged within six months, all the money you invested gets wasted. Choose the smartwatch which has the warranty and the material used in making the smartwatch are good durable quality.
GPS is a must and should be in the kid’s smartwatch. You can actually track your kid’s location and also you can watch the history route. The history route will make to know where your kid has traveled all-day-long. Few kids smartwatch with GPS alert parents when he misses the route by alarm or message. GPS provides security with the location.
Usually, kids smartwatch comes with a special SOS button. Whenever your kid is in danger, he or she must press hold the button for three seconds, and the watch gets activated in SOS mode and starts calling the emergency stored numbers until someone answers the call.SOS feature is like an added security for your children.
Your smartwatch can also work as a fitness tracker. A fitness tracker is capable of tracking your step count, sleep cycle, regular intake of water, exercise counts. Similarly, many smartwatches are also capable of doing all those things. Consider buying such a watch if you are more concerned about your kid’s fitness. However, it will be helpful if your kid is lazy and tend to sit in one place more time. The smartwatch alerts either by a ring alarm or message.
Your smartwatch must be capable of either receiving calls or sending calls as if your kid is in danger/emergency he/she must be able to call the needy. Many smartwatches have the feature of answering the calls, sending the emails, or even texting or sending a voice message. This feature helps a lot in need. So, prefer a watch which has dual-communication
Few smartwatches can work on voice commands like searching the internet or making calls or answering calls. You never get tired by typing on the small screen.
The interface which you are using for the operation of the smartwatch. Are you looking for buttons or a touchscreen? It will be difficult to use the touch screen and swipe for apps on the small screen. Also, you can not choose an impropriate smartwatch with buttons on it. So, touch screen interface must work perfectly; there should not be any disturbances while opening the apps.
Smartwatch you are buying must be easy for the children to use as you are looking for kids smartwatch. Too many functionalities and too many applications may lead confusion to your children. Also, ensure that the smartwatch you are buying can be used by your kid’s age.
Smartwatches are not only for the time, SMS, calls. They can also be used for entertainment purpose. Many smartwatches can play the MP3 and MP4 songs, and simply it can work as the music player. Also, the smartwatch has special gaming and learning apps for your kids. Your kid can learn new thing in the play-way method.
Every smartwatch is not compatible with every smartphone and hence, ensure that the smartwatch you are buying must be compatible with your smartphone. Few smartwatches are compatible with Android phones, few with iOS and few with both.
11 Best Smartwatches for kids
1. ProTech Electronics SmartWatch – Our Pick
Now make your life easy and convenient using ProTech Electronics SmartWatch. It is a Bluetooth Smartwatch with Touchscreen. One of the great features of this watch is that it comes with the Camera. This smartwatch is waterproof and is compatible with all the android devices. It is suitable for men, women as well as kids. With a lot of different features, it is a new arrival in the market.
- ProTech Smartwatch uses Bluetooth 4.0 to connect it with your smartphones.
- The range can last up to 33 ft,
- The smartwatch is compatible with almost all the Android and IOS smartphones such as iPhone, Samsung, Nexus, Huawei, HTC, Sony, LG, Google Pixel, ZTE, OPPO, XIAOMI, Motorola and so on.
- It has a 1.54? TFT LCD touchscreen, which has 240*240 pixels which make the screen visible and bright.
- It has a long-life battery which can stay up to 5-7 days with just a half an hour charge. Along with that, the manufacturers provide an extra replacement battery. So, you need not have to worry about the charge.
- The product is designed in such a way that you will love it. The stainless steel surface, precision laminating process, Nano TPU85 material watch strap, anti-sweat matte finishing, ergonomic convex design, and soft strap makes the wearing comfortable.
- The unique waterproof design allows you to use it for outdoor activities as well.
- You need not have to worry about after-sale problems; they provide lifetime refund services.
- The Camera/Music Player controller helps you to control your camera from the smartwatch.
- No such cons mentioned.
2. HolyHigh Smart Fitness Band
- The product comes with a Smart Activity Tracker, which is capable of tracking your daily activities such as steps, calories burned, distance covered, and the time of your actions.
- After you connect your smartwatch with your smartphones via Bluetooth connection, you would be able to receive notifications quickly of different apps such as Whatsapp, Messenger, Instagram, etc.
- This device is compatible with devices having Android 4.0 & above 4.0 and IOS 7.1 & above 7.0; also the Bluetooth is 4.0.
- The Sleep Monitor can automatically track your sleeping duration and along with that analyzes sleep quality data: including light sleep and deep sleep.
- YG3 smart band comes with a built-in USB dongle which can be used to charge your device easily. By removing both the straps from the side, you will find the USB dongle. Connect it with your laptop or computer to charge your Band.
- The battery life is superb. With just 15 minutes of charging, it can last long up to 7+ days of normal usage.
- The Anti-Lost function helps you to find the location of your phone in case it gets lost.
- It comes with a 0.86 Inch LED touch screen.
- It supports data and time auto-sync.
- The Camera remote control allows you to control the camera of the device which you have connected with this product.
- No such cons mentioned.
3. SmartWatch for Kids GPS Tracker band
Make your kids safe with a double positioning system which comes along with SmartWatch for Kids. It has GPS Tracker, Micro Sim Card Support, Smart Phone Control (Android, iOS), SOS Call, Two Way Calling, GPS Position – Camouflage. There are a lot of features in this product. Let us have a look at that.
- The product is compatible with devices having Android 4.0 system, iOS 8.0 system above. It makes this product user-friendly and versatile.
- It comes with GPS +LBS (Base station positioning). Dual Mode positioning means it would be double safe for your kids. You can track your kids via SMS, website, iOS, or Android APP.
- You can have a voice chat with compatible apps.
- This smartwatch supports Micro SIM card which can be used for calling functions also. In case of emergency, you can connect an SOS emergency call through it.
- This smartwatch can be connected to your Parents’ mobile phones as well using an app called ‘SeTracker.’ This allows them to monitor your kids wherever you go.
- This watch would not work with 4G or JIO sim. It needs 2G GSM Sim
4. MAKECELL Bluetooth Smart Watch – Android and iOS smartphone compatible
MAKECELL have a wide range of collection including speakers, smartwatches, cables, camera, headphones, etc. Also, they are committed to great service.
Makecell smartwatch is built with many functions like call function, capturing pictures, listening to the music using built-in speaker, water in-take reminder. Also, it is easy to see push notifications.
- For easy operation, the smartwatch comes with LCD 2.5D radian capacitive touchscreen
- The smartwatch comes with a built-in SIM card slot and TFcard slot
- Also, the smartwatch is enabled to make a call or receive calls, text messages and track fitness activities
- Battery life has 230mAh which works for a day long
- The smartwatch comes with anti-lost function, Bluetooth connectivity, voice recorder, cell phone recorder
- The smartwatch has a camera at the front side for capturing the best quality pictures
- Also, there is a mic at the side of the watch to capture the audio recordings in a clear way
- Moreover, the smartwatch is compatible with all android and IOS mobile
- Quality of the product is good
- Smartwatch available in three colors
- Finishing of the smartwatch is excellent
- Amazing battery life
- Quality of the speaker can be improved
5. DEEP GLOBAL Bluetooth Smart Wrist Watch – Dual communication
Deep Global has a wide range of gadgets in the market. Also, their products have good ratings. Power adapter, travel charger, smart wristwatch, single port USB charger, headphone, wireless speaker are few products from them.
Deep Global smartwatch is designed to suit best for kids, women, and men. Touch screen enabled smartwatch comes with SIM card and SD card slot. Moreover, it is water-resistant and has an anti-lost feature.
- Calls can be made either through the Bluetooth or using smartwatch SIM. You can also answer the calls or make a call from the smartwatch. It is a two-way communication
- The smartwatch has great sync function so all your necessary apps can be synced
- The smartwatch has the best segment display, touch facility and working memory
- You can make a phone call directly from the smartwatch
- Also, the smartwatch is compatible with all Android Tablet PC, Android, and iOS mobile phones
- Smartwatch can also monitor our sleep cycle and count our steps. Additionally, it is capable of reminding us by alerting when we sit too long
- Product look and feel is good
- The smartwatch is available in 5 different colors
- Battery life is good
- Apps take time to open
- No SOS button for security
6. MySecureKid Kid’s Smart Wrist Watch – SOS enabled
MySecureKid is the product of Franciscan Teamcare Pvt. Ltd. MySecurekid is the GPS and SIM-enabled smartwatch. Also, it has GPS, GPRS, LBS, and wifi technology for easy tracking.
- The smartwatch has a special feature of storing the contact numbers in the smartwatch itself by MYSECUREKID application
- Also, the smartwatch is enabled with a feature of calling and receiving the calls
- Tracking is easier with dual mode GPS and LBS, and also you can track the history with MYSECUREKID application
- Smartwatch comes with extra security for kids, whenever your kid goes in a geo-fencing zone the alarm starts ringing
- Special SOS emergency call feature. The smartwatch comes with a button whenever he/she feels under security threat and if they press it for 3 seconds the smartwatch switch on in SOS mode and start dialing the numbers until the call is picked
- Smartwatch needs to be charged with a magnetic charger cable. The charger cable can be connected to laptop/desktop for a smartwatch to get charged
- Battery life is good
- Position tracking is accurate
- This gadget helps in kids protection
- Quality of the display can be improved
- Too many functionalities may sometime stop the smartwatch work
7. VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX – Sweatproof
VTech Electronics develops innovative and high-quality kid products. Also, VTech has a wide range of pre-school and infant products in the market. Moreover, their products have good ratings and chosen by customers to make easy to learn while playing.
VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch is ideal for 4 to 9years old. The smartwatch is filled with fun activities. Also, kids can connect to the Learning Lodge to download games and clock faces. However, the smartwatch has eight games where kids can play them using the touchscreen.
- Kidizoom smartwatch has two quick access buttons, one home button on one side of the watch while another button used for a camera is at another side of the dial
- The quick access camera button is easy to use, and your kid can capture the photos and videos
- Kidizoom Smartwatch has a special feature of built-in photo effects, frames, and filters
- The Kidizoom Smartwatch comes with a rechargeable battery
- Smartwatch comes with a voice recorder, calculator, Alarm, Calendar, Timer
- Also, the smartwatch comes with cool 3D clock faces and customize the clock face
- Moreover, the smartwatch comes with enough memory to store plenty of photos, apps
- The smartwatch is user-friendly
- The durability of the watch is high
- Comes with a lot of storage memory
- Long lasting battery life
- Smartwatch does not have SOS
8. JOKIN Black U8 Bluetooth Smart Watch – Anti-lost enabled
JOKIN have a wide range of gadgets collection like a smartwatch, Bluetooth receiver, Bluetooth earbud, Camera, Touchpad, fitness band, spy pen camera. Their products are the most trusted ones also rated high as given by the user.
Jokin smartwatch is enabled with multi-functionalities like anti-lost, remote-photo, fitness tracker, sync-function. The smartwatch is suited for unisex. Also, it can receive and send calls.
- Jokin watch can work as a pedometer
- Also, you can receive the notifications of text messages, calls
- It can sync with an Android device like it can sync facebook, twitter notifications, calls, SMS
- The smartwatch has a built-in speaker that allows listening to music anywhere
- Smartwatch comes with anti-lost function. This function allows the smartwatch to alert by providing beep sound whenever you are far from mobile even at a distance of 10 meters
- Also, the smartwatch has the function of reminding of water intake, and it allows you to keep all the time hydrated
- This smartwatch is also capable of capturing the photos
- Moreover, the smartwatch can also record the sleep count
- The watch has a flexible strap and a plastic dial
- For easy wireless syncing the watch is enabled with Bluetooth 3.0
- Smartwatch has good battery life and can be used for long hours
- The watch is capable of performing video and voice recording
- Works well in tracking the phone
- Comes with a 12 months warranty
- The watch does not have an SOS feature
9. 3Keys™ Kids Smart Watch – Anti-dropped
3Keys provides high quality and stylish gadgets, pet supplies, travel and fitness products, handicrafts. They aim to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Also, they provide their products at a reasonable price.
Their collection of products include electronic rechargeable cigarette lighter, HD camera, Music audio stereo adapter, digital temperature, a dual USB port, and many more.
3Key kids smartwatch comes with multi-functionalities like SOS, two-way calls, security fence, fitness tracker, pedometer, etc.
- Smartwatch comes with three modes positioning GPS, Lbs. This helps to check the location anytime and anywhere. Also, location can be tracked via SMS, android app, website
- It has two-way communication feature and remote monitoring
- The material used in making the smartwatch is of lower radiation and environmental friendly
- A built-in microphone which helps to hear the sound from a remote location without disturbing your kid
- Also, it has a built-in speaker which aids in listening to the music
- Moreover, it has anti-dropped feature. If the smartwatch is dropped or is not on the child’s wristwatch, parents will receive an alarm
- The smartwatch is available in three different colors
- Smartwatch has an SOS button which can be used when your kid is in danger
- The smartwatch is durable
- GPS can be more accurate
- The watch works with only pre-paid plans and does not work with ‘pay as you go’ plans
10. Kingsford DZ09 Bluetooth SmartWatch – Budget-friendly with warranty
Kingsford gadgets have durable quality and also well designed. They have a wide range of collection, including Mini wireless Bluetooth, speakers, charger, headset, sports camera, smartwatch, etc.
Kingsford smartwatch has multi-function like sleep monitor, calling, anti-lost, camera, SMS. The durable smartwatch has a good touchscreen, quick camera capturing.
- The smartwatch comes with a rechargeable battery; needs charging for 1 to 1.5 hours, 4 to 5 hours for talking time and 10 hours of standby time
- To capture every moment which you feel attractive the smartwatch has a VGA camera which is capable of capturing pictures fast
- The smartwatch has a compass, stopwatch feature
- Also, it holds functions like sleep monitor, anti-lost, pedometer, sedentary remind
- It can be synced with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- Moreover, the smartwatch can also be used for Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter but the smartwatch needs a SIM card
- The product comes with one year warranty
- Bluetooth pairing is easy and convenient
- The touch feature is awesome
- Smartwatch comes with durable quality
- Has sound recording
- Battery life can be improved
- Not compatible with every smartphone
11. VYL M3 Plus Waterproof Smart Band – Water resistant
VYL have a wide range of collection of gadgets. Also, their products have good quality. Their products include wireless LED Bluetooth speaker, Mono Bluetooth, smartwatch, Headphones, wireless charging pad, etc.
VYL water-resistant smartwatch is capable of performing multi-functions, including blood oxygen detection, a heart rate monitor, sleep count, App message reminder, etc. Now, you can be free from using the smartwatch even while swimming as it is water-resistant.
- The smartwatch is battery enabled and needs the charging time of 1 -2 hours
- Also, the smartwatch has multi-functionalities sleep quality monitor, a heart rate monitor, step counter, oxygen detection, app message reminder
- The smartwatch has a sedentary reminder which reminds us to walk or exercise after continuous sitting
- The fitness tracker is waterproof so it can be used freely while swimming or in water
- Also, the smartwatch has an anti-lost design
- The product is very user-friendly
- Design of the smartwatch, look and feel of the smartwatch is very attractive
- Quality of the product is great
- Too many functions may sometimes make the watch function slowly
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can smart watches make your kids safe?
Smartwatches are GPS enabled, which makes it safe for kids to use. Some of them have GPS Tracker, which can keep a track where your kids are. Even in the case of emergencies, it proves to be helpful.
2. What is the lifetime of a Smartwatch?
The lifetime of different watches varies depending upon the company by which it has been manufactured. The average lifetime of smartwatches is 700-1000 charging cycles.
Now, you are in the last part of the article. Hope you are clear about different smartwatches and their features. If you are choosing a smartwatch without any security like GPS, then you can choose a basic smartwatch with minimal features. If you are worried about your kid’s security, then choose smartwatch with GPS tracker feature.
Based on the extensive research, we have listed the top smartwatch, which is best to use and secure. ProTech Electronics SmartWatch is our choice for kids, which can be paired with a phone via Bluetooth. If you are looking for an anti-drop smartwatch, then Orbo kids smartwatch is good.