Top 10 Measuring Tools
Measuring tools are devices that used to measure the number of things. Specific measuring tools are used to measure particular things as a ruler is used to measure the length. Though during ancient age, when humans did not discover many of these measuring tools, they heavily relied on their own body to estimate something.
Various records suggest that the early civilization used forearm, hand, and fingers to measure the length. Sun and moon were used to know the time, while stones & plant seeds were served the purpose to measure the volume. But as trade grew between various communities, the need for standardized measuring unit became essential and then around the 18th-century uniform system of measuring units were developed.
Today, we have hundreds of measuring tools that help us to measure various things. They are uniform and based on a standard system. As the saying goes “measure twice, cut once” they play an essential role in the various field and increase the accuracy of measurement.
Though there are hundreds of measuring tools, they are mostly divided into various types according to their use. List of these types is exhausting, but mainly they are divided into the following types –
- Time measuring tools
- Energy & Power measuring tools
- Mechanics related measuring tools
- Electricity, electronics, and electrical measuring tools
- Navigation & Surveying
- Uncategorized tools
To learn further refer to this neatly arranged list of measuring tools on Wikipedia.
In this article, we have listed the most commonly used measuring tools types with a detailed buying guide. To help you make your search simpler, we have also listed the top 10 common measuring tools with user reviews and answered the most common questions.
Top measuring instruments list that we recommend
Built for precision measurement
Multiple size measurement in one place
Quality on a Budget
Must have for every household
Editors choice in glucometer
Durable wall clock
Displays accurate weight
Types of Measuring Tools
Its hard to find someone who never used the ruler or don’t hear about it. Ruler plays a vital role in helping measure the length. Historical facts suggest that the ruler was used by Indus valley civilization and it has been said that William Bedwell designed the first ruler in the 16th century.
How it works – We all knows how a ruler works. But for those who don’t, line up the ruler with the things that you want to measure the length. Apart from academic use rulers are extensively used in day-to-day life. Professional uses the ruler to help themselves every day for the various purpose like to draw the design, to determine if his work is straight, etc.
Types of the ruler – Ruler can be divided into the various types according to their use and the shape. Here are three prominent types of rulers that we use daily.
- Straight Ruler
- Curved Ruler
- Folding Ruler
Folding ruler are further divided into different subtypes as per how they are folded. Out of these two distinct types of ruler people use dominantly are measuring tape and tailer’s tape.
2. Measuring Tape
The measuring tape is one of the measuring tools in carpentry which is typically a metal or nylon tape with length measurement marking on it and can be folded into the coil shape inside an enclosure. Carpenters and other professionals often use these measuring tools.
How to use – As discussed, the measuring tape is enclosed within an enclosure. You need to pull out the tape, line it with the thing that you want to measure, note the reading and leave the tape. It will be automatically pulled back into the enclosure.
3. Tailor’s Measuring Tape
Tailors extensively use the measuring tape for their professional need and are one type of a foldable ruler. Tailor’s measuring tape is almost the same as the one mentioned above the only thing that differs is it looks. Like carpenter’s measuring tape it doesn’t hold long because it is made from the high-quality cloth or plastic. Also, it does not fit into the encloser.
It made flexible as possible to measure the curves of the human body perfectly. As a handy tool for the tailor, it is also used for sewing purpose. As it consists the flexible ribbon of cloth that can be rolled and kept in the pocket.
4. Measuring Cups
Usually, they are transparent, and one can see what they have inside and measure the volume by reading the scale on an external surface. They are available in various sizes counting from 1 cup (100ml) to the 1000ml and more than that for commercial use.
Measuring cup provides an accurate reading for the volume of liquids. They can also be used to measure the dry ingredient, but the amount may vary if the dry ingredient is compressible.
The thermometer is a temperature measuring tool that not only doctor but many common people own. It is used to measure temperature outside as well as you can even use it to measure the body temperature. Nowadays thermometers are available in various forms that serve the different purpose like measuring body temperature in clinics, noting the temperature of cooked recipes in the kitchen, etc.
Often, people mistake Galileo Galilei as a thermometer inventor. But the instrument he developed was used to indicate the temperature differences. In 1709, Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the alcohol thermometer and the mercury thermometer in 1714. He also put forward a standard temperature scale which is known as ‘Fahrenheit Temperature Scale.’
Types of thermometers –
There are several types of thermometers, and they are often categorized according to their use. But most of them fall under two categorize as follows –
- Clinical Thermometer
- Laboratory Thermometer
Clinical Thermometer – As the name suggests these thermometers are used in clinical settings to measure the body temperature of patients. Previously doctors used to have a thermometer with mercury, but nowadays it has been replaced by the digital thermometer.
Laboratory thermometer – These thermometers are used in the laboratories while conducting various scientific research. They can able to measure the temperature higher than the clinical thermometers. Apart from the laboratories, they can also be used in industry.
Other types of thermometers include electronic ear thermometer, forehead thermometer, pacifier thermometer, kitchen thermometers, etc. Out of these, kitchen thermometers are widely popular.
6. Angle Guage
Angle gauge is one more important tool that professional use. It is used to measure an angle between two surfaces. In some profession like metrology, obtaining the accurate angle data is an absolute necessity, and angle gauge solves that problem.
Fortunately, many advanced angle gauges are available in the market, and you can pick one and start working. They are cheap and provide accurate data. Digital angle gauge not only provides a precise angle data but can also function as a level.
Anton Hubert (Tom) Clemens invented the first glucometer in 1965 which was called as Dextrostix. It included the paper strip. When a blood drop was added to this strip and washed off after one minute, the blue color used to develop which then compared against the specially designed color chart to get an approximate glucose level.
As technology advanced, these old glucose meters are replaced with the digital glucometers. Digital glucometers are capable of analyzing the droplet of blood for glucose concentration. They process and determine an approximately glucose level within that drop and provide the report on its digital display. Some of them even synchronize with the smartphone applications and provides more options about the data.
The clock is a modern way of measuring time that helps humans to stay on time. Almost every person use it on a daily basis, and it deserves a place on our list for the same reason. People are using devices to keep track of time for thousands of years, and the current system that we use was developed just 2000 years BC.
Today, various types of clocks exist, but their function remains the same. No matter whether you use digital clock or analog clock, you will be using it to track the time. But with advancement in modern technology, the clock has undergone massive changes.
Digital clocks are now capable of handling various tasks. They can tell the accurate time, put an alarm for you and even keep track your activity like how many steps walk, how many calories you have burned, etc. But all of these functions work as a value-added service while the main aim of clock always remains the same, i.e., to keep track of time.
9. Weighing scale (Weighing machine)
The weighing scale is one more measuring tool that humanity is using for a long time to measure the weight of an object. Though, today we have various machines that can count the weight of any given object, in the early days of civilization doing so was not an easy task.
It is believed that the people from the Indus river valley were aware of weighing machines and used them around or before 2000 BC. These scales were just balances where they used two plates attached to the overhead beam which fixed horizontally to the central pole. The measurement was taken by adding fixed-measure-setting stone on one plate while the object that needs to be measured was kept in another plate. The object is added to the plate until equilibrium is achieved.
The weighing scale has undergone great modification and improvement during the 18th century as the industrial era begun and the necessity of large weighing scale has emerged. Modern body weight measuring scales are known as smart scales.
10. Pressure Gauge
The pressure gauge is used to measure the amount of force applied by the fluid against the given surface. This force is measured in the unit of force per unit of surface area, and for this, the pressure gauge device is used.
Pressure gauges are used in a variety of things and having one at your arsenal can help. The most common example of such use is water pressure gauge which extensively used in the water heater to analyze the pressure of water.Another prominent use of these gauges is to measure the air pressure in the tire. They are called as tire gauge and a convenient tool to have. It helps to determine the exact air pressure within a tire so you can air your tire as per the requirement.
The most important use that of the pressure gauge is in a blood pressure monitor. Though it doesn’t consist of any ideal pressure gauge, It works on the same principle. When a doctor wraps the blood pressure cuff around your arm and pumps up air, he is using an air pressure gauge to calculate the blood pressure within your arteries.
A caliper is a handy tool for engineers, and it is used to measure the distance between two sides of the same object. It is used in a situation where an accurate data about the distance between two sides of an object is necessary.
It is also called as ‘Vernier scale,’ and it was invented by a French mathematician ‘Pierre Vernier’ in 1631. Earlier they were used to measure an angle, but today it is extensively being used to measure the distance.
Caliper has several variants now, and the name of those variants depend on the exact function of the caliper. For example today we have an inside caliper, outside caliper, odd-leg caliper, divider caliper, and even digital caliper.
Digital calipers are the best caliper to have as they can provide an accurate reading on the digital display. If you are looking to buy one, then go for the digital caliper.
Another useful measuring tool is ‘Square’. You will find it with every carpenter or DIY enthusiast. If you love doing woodworking at home, then you should have this in your toolbox.
It will help you to find the right angles when you are framing. Apart from this, it can help in making the markings or cutting lumber. Today we can find the various types of squares that range from the age-old L shaped to the one that looks like a triangle.
You might remember that we all used the protractor in school to measure angles. It is a simple device that provides great help when it comes to the precise measuring angles.
Protractors are often made from the plastic so the user can see through it and measure an angle perfectly, some companies make them using metal. The one that made from metal is durable than other. Usually, the protractor is used in geometry classes, but it also has several uses outside the classroom.
It is a helpful tool for the designer, architect, engineers, surveyors, and draftsman. These professions require detailed drawings of various projects which involves measuring an angle.
As the name suggests speedometer help people to measure the speed of an object, widely used in the vehicles to determine at what speed vehicle is moving.
The electric speedometer was invented in 1888 by Croatian Josip Beluši but it is first patented in 1902 by a German engineer Otto Schulze, and it is picked up by automobile industry during 1910. Since then it becomes a part of every automobile to calculate the speed. Measuring the speed of the vehicles helps the driver to control the speed accordingly.
People also use speedometer for their bicycles. They mount it on the handle of bicycle to determine how fast they can drive. Some specially designed speedometer for bicycles also measures the distance traveled. If you are looking for the best bicycle speedometer, then we recommend the Sunding multi-function waterproof bicycle speedometer.
The purpose of odometer is to measure how far a certain object is traveled. Unlike a speedometer, almost every vehicle has an odometer that calculates how many kilometers that vehicle is traveled.
The odometer is also known as odograph. Fitness enthusiast uses bicycle odometer to keep track of the distance they covered on a bicycle. Though odometer can be used as a stand-alone device, people usually buy the devices that serve the purpose as speedometer and odometer.
Measuring Tools Buying Guide
Buying measuring tools can be a complicated process for some and even demands time. Nobody wants to spend money on the faulty of low-quality tools that don’t last long work imperfectly, that is why we have noted down some points that will guide you to choose the perfect measuring tool.
Your Requirement – First of all, decide what measuring tools you require for your work and what exactly you want to buy. If the things are clear, you can start researching for that tool and gain more knowledge about it.
Clear marking: One of the most essential points to consider while buying a measuring tool is that the markings are specified. No matter the type of tool you buy, ensure the measurement markings are precisely mentioned in bold black color that would not rub off with constant use.
Features to consider – Once you finalize the tool that you need, find what functions or feature you want. Never buy a tool that lacks the feature you are looking for. Consider for what kind of work you are purchasing these tools and figure out the probable feature you need in them.
Durability – Not every tool in the market has great durability. Some of them are way cheaper than the others, but compromises on the durability and never lasts long. So, visit the store and see if the tool is sturdy enough to withstand various impacts during use.
Cost factor – Cost plays a vital role. It will decide what quality of tools you will get. Buy the pocket-friendly tools that provide maximum features and has excellent durability. Though it is true that quality comes with the price, many times you can get a good product at a low budget.
Ease of use – Almost all measuring tools mentioned below comes with ease of use. If you find it difficult to use the product either look for an alternative or spend some time learning its functionality.
Discussing and reviewing the every measuring tool is beyond the scope of this article so we will focus on those which we utilize heavily in day-to-day life.
1. Measuring Tape – Stanley ToughCase – Built for precision measurement
Stanely is a reliable manufacturer of hand tools and established in 1843. They have a track record of almost 175 years in developing innovative, durable measuring tools.
Stanley tough case by the Stanley tools is one of the most rated and widely used measuring tapes which is serving the professionals for more than a decade. This iconic measuring tape has a rugged design that allows the comfortable grip.
The Stanely power lock is around more than 15 years and has proven to be a durable measuring tape which has a long lifespan. You can expect this measuring tape to last for many years without any problem.
- The tape is 5 meters long
- The double steel blade comes coated with polymer for ensuring durability.
- The tape is enclosed in the high-impact ABS case with rubber over a mold which provides the necessary strength to the case.
- The measuring blade is extensively tested for heat and comes with a mylar coating that gives it a perfect shine.
- Overall product weighs about 168 gms and has the lockable blade to avoid slippage of the tape during measurement.
- It has a patented Tru-zero hook which works as a zero point for precision measurement.
- Affordable tape.
- Clip allows to attach it to the belt.
- Provide precise measurements in various units like centimeters, meters, inches, and feet.
- Checked and certified by the Indian Legal Metrological Department.
- Easy to plug in with its metal clip on the back.1
- Can’t extend tape out for long distance
2. Darkpyro Plastic Spoon Set – Multiple size measurement in one place
Darkpyro selling various kitchen utensils on Amazon and received a fairly good rating on several kitchen products that they sell.
This 9-piece set of measuring cup set consist of several small to large spoon and cups that help to measure the exact amount of given ingredient. They are made from the FDA approved food grade plastic material.
- The cup and spoons are held together using a plastic ring so you can hang them at one place and avoid misplacing of an individual cup.
- If require, single cup or spoon can be removed from the ring and can be placed back in the ring after use.
- You can measure one cup, ½ cup, 1/3 cup, ¼ cup and one tablespoon, ½ teaspoon, 1/3 teaspoon, ¼ teaspoon using this set of measuring cup.
- They are specially designed to use in the kitchen and can be used to measure the wet and dry ingredients with equal precision.
- They are lightweight, durable, non-toxic and safe to use.
- It is a cheap kitchen utensil that serves the purpose.
- Made from FDA approved decent quality plastic.
- Each spoon or cup can do the two measurements.
- Liquid measurement embossed on the handle is confusing (for example 1 cup = 240 ml)
- Needs to be handled carefully as they are made from plastic and may break easily.
3. VERTIS MEASURING TUMBLER 0.125L – Quality on a Budget
Vertis extensively deals in the various kitchen utensil and sell them on Amazon. Most of these utensils are made from the glass and well received by users.
Vertis measuring tumbler is one of the leading measuring cups on Amazon and made from the borosilicate glass which means it can handle the thermal shock to a good extent and has good chemical resistance.
- Vertis measuring tumbler is approximately 9.5 cm in height and can measure the 125ml of liquid volume.
- It is made from the glass and has five markings on its external surface that denotes the 25, 50, 75, 100 and 125ml marks.
- It is pouring of liquids made simple using the lip-shaped groove on the upper edge.
- It is dishwasher, oven, and microwave safe glass product which can withstand the temperature up to 500-degree centigrade.
- Has five graduation marks that help to measure liquid
- Microwave, convection oven, and dishwasher safe
- Can be used to measure various chemicals
- Very easy to clean
- Measurements in gm and ml.
- Made from glass so needs to be handled carefully
- Markings may start to diminish after few washes
4. Best Flexi Tip Thermometer – Rossmax TG380 Flexi Tip Thermometer – Must have for every household
Rossmax is a Taiwan based company building various healthcare devices since 1988. They are operating in more than 88 countries and selling 80+ quality healthcare products.
Rossmax TG380 flexible tip thermometer is a digital thermometer that helps to accurately calculate body temperature and safe to use in any part of the human body. The best thing about digital thermometer is that they don’t use mercury, so they are safe to use on infants and the pregnant woman.
- Can be used in clinical settings as well as at home for self-diagnosis
- Does not use mercury, instead run on the battery which can be replaced.
- The flexible tip is made up of high-quality plastic that helps to stabilize the tip against the skin.
- The device has technology that self-diagnosis the problem when something goes wrong.
- Has a digital display that shows the recorded temperature either in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Use can switch between the Celsius or Fahrenheit as per their requirement.
- Fever alarm sets in when it finishes measuring the temperature, so the user knows the maximum reading of temperature is being displayed.
- Easy to use.
- Safe to use on infants and the pregnant woman.
- Comes with two years warranty.
- Require battery to run.
- May take the longer time to measure the temperature.
5. Dr. Morepen BG-03 Gluco One Glucometer – Editors choice in glucometer
Dr. Morepen introduced several self-health care devices in India which caught the attention of physicians in a short period.
BG-03 one glucometer is a digital glucose meter which provides the readings on a digital display and requires a tiny drop of blood to analyze the sugar level. It comes with the multicolor strips which makes it easy when more than one user uses the machine to test the sugar. Each user can assign a specific color themselves and keep track of strips.
- Require 0.5uL of blood to analyze the glucose level.
- Comes with lancet pen, three lancets, and 50 multicolored strips.
- Analyze blood quickly and provides a result within a few seconds. The company claims 5 second processing time.
- Has large memory to store the historical data of test performed.
- Compact design with a sturdy body that provides good grip.
- Requires a tiny drop of blood.
- Provides possibly maximum accuracy.
- Immediate results help to detect low sugar levels in emergency conditions.
- Test results may vary +/- 15% as compared to the lab reports (which is more accurate).
- Strips may stop working after several days.
6. Best Wall Clock – Ajanta Quartz Wall Clock – Durable wall clock
Ajanta Quartz wall clock is put forward by an India based company ‘Ajanta Quartz’. Since 1971 they are known for creating the beautiful art pieces of clocks that stand out and help to enhance the home decor.
Currently available in silver and golden color this wall clock stole the heart of users with its simple yet unique design which provides good visibility even in the low light. It is a perfect wall clock with elegant design and made from the good quality of plastic material.
- Elegant, classy design that built in good quality acrylic.
- The front part of the clock is made from the glass for maximum visibility.
- Clock arm movements are extremely silent.
- Well-embossed characters and graduation using dark color over the light colored background.
- Easy to read graduation and numbers over the light colored background.
- Provide accurate timing once set properly.
- Clock arms perform runs smoothly and silently.
- Lightweight clock.
- A delicate product which needs to handle carefully
7. Best weighing scale – Health Sense PS 126 Ultra-Lite Personal Scale – Displays accurate weight
Health Sense is known to market various health and wellness related products. From pedometer to the body massager, they sell a wide range of health devices.
PS 126 ultra-lite weighing scale is one of the top selling machines when it comes to weight machine for body weight. It is the best for the reason that it displays the weight accurately as well as can be used even in the bathroom. It provides precise results using the G-sensors which are perfectly devised and has a manufacturing tolerance of +/-300gm.
- It has a minimalistic design with a somewhat wavy pattern on the upper surface.
- It comes with 5to180kg weight range which supposed to be a good range for the average population of India.
- It can provide weight in three different units, i.e., Kg, lb and st.
- Available in grey color and with a large enough LCD screen to display the weight.
- The screen can display an error message and indicate the low battery.
- Elegant design, lightweight and well built.
- Large enough to stand for a person
- Provides accurate results
- Every time you conduct your weight, it will need calibration.
- Runs on the battery which may drain in a short period.
8. Best pressure gauge – KARTER SUPER PRODUCTS Tyre Pressure Gauge – High-quality gauge
‘Karter Super Products’ exclusively deals in pressure gauge, and this one is a perfect fit for those who are looking for the best tyre pressure gauge.
It is a very handy and portable gauge which has a 2-inch dial with unique inflator and deflator function and can be used for cars, bike, and SUV.
- Pressure gauge pipe opening has a 45-degree angle to make it easy to attach with tire valve. Also, it can swivel at 360 degrees.
- Comes with an extended chuck tip which seals the valve perfectly and avoids air leakage.
- 2-inch dial with white background helps to read the pressure easily.
- It is a portable device that can be kept in any vehicle for an emergency pressure check.
- Pressure meter is covered with gear style rubber cover which helps to provide a good grip over the gauge.
- The pipe has a bleeder button that holds the pressure until you press it and it can also be used to deflate the tyre.
- Sturdy design that provides good grip over the gauge.
- Good quality with accurate pressure reading.
- Can read the tyre pressure and helps to deflate it as well.
- Portable tool
- Pipe of the pressure gauge is small. (May require some practice to use it properly)
- Pressure accuracy may differ by 2%
9. SSU Silver Vernier Caliper – Anti-rust Caliper
Though vernier caliper does not require for home use, many DIYer prefers to have it in their toolbox. If you are enthusiastic DIYer and want to have it, then you can go for the SSU Silver vernier caliper.
It is a budget caliper with a rugged body and provides the range of 15 X 15 X 15 Cm. It is chrome plated product to avoid the rust. It is not a top-notch product that suitable for professionals, but it is a good caliper for the students and DIYers.
- Rugged design, made from stainless steel and has chrome plating to avoid the rusting.
- It is 6-inch vernier caliper.
- Good for students and DIYer
- Budget caliper
- Heavy, chrome-plated & rugged. Overall good quality.
- Does not provide precisely accurate readings.
- Not a certified caliper
10. Montstar Metal Try Square Tool – Affordable tool
Made from the steel, this metal square tool has 6-inch length marked on one arm while another arm has a thick handle cast well to form the hardened blade.
Both blades meet at a 90-degree angle to help user precisely measure the angles while woodworking. Also, one arm has engraved graduations which helps to measure length while working with the tool so that you don’t have to look for the ruler.
- Sturdy metal square tool made from the steel.
- Measure the length up to 6-inch and provide precise 90-degree angle measurement.
- Handy tool
- Some users experienced that the angle is not measured 90-degree.
- Scale marking is present only on one side.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the normal range for glucometer?
Usually, the blood glucose level is measured in two different units, one is mmol/L and second is mg/dl. Out of these two, mg/dl is commonly used by various glucometers.
The normal range of blood glucose level for a non-diabetic individual is between the 70 to 110mg/dl, i.e., 4 to 5.4mmol/L when fasting and up to the 140mg/dl (7.7mmol/L) two hours after the food.
2. How to know if you are prediabetic or not?
Prediabetes is a condition where your blood glucose level rises above the normal level but does not reach to enough high level to classify you as a diabetic patient. Usually, fasting blood glucose level above the 100mg/dl up to the 125mg/dl is termed as prediabetic range, but you need to identify other risk factors to term yourself as a prediabetic.
Here are a few factors that you need to consider the –
- Weight – Being overweight increases the risk of diabetes. Abnormal fasting blood sugar with overweight can be indicative of diabetes. (Use our recommended weighing scale to keep an eye on your weight)
- Waist size – For men, anything more than the 40 inches and more than 35 inches in women can increase the risk of diabetes. Men those have large waist are usually fall into the category of prediabetic or diabetic. (To keep an eye on your waist size use this measuring tape)
- Lifestyle – Lifestyle has a huge impact on our health. Less physical activity, unhealthy diet, and addiction can lead to diabetes.
3. How much can weight fluctuate daily?
Our intake of food, fluids, and salt can impact our weight on a daily basis. If someone consumes more food, water and salt then weight might increase for a temporary basis. Apart from our intake habits, exercise, medications, and hormones also play a role in our weight fluctuations.
Usually, people weigh less in the morning as we void while we weigh more during the evening. The difference can be approximately 5 pounds but if you found the difference more than that and around 10 pounds even after you did not take much intake then seek medical help.
So, it is common for a person to weigh less in the morning while weighing more in the evening and it is normal unless and until the difference is around 5 to 6 pounds assuming you had a regular meal.
4. Which type of a thermometer is the most accurate?
Nowadays, we can get several types of thermometers in the market. They are forehead thermometers, axillary thermometers, rectal thermometers, oral thermometers, and pacifier thermometers.
Among these all, rectal thermometers are considered as the most accurate thermometer as they can measure the central body temperature rather than the peripheral. Also, several clinical studies supported that the central measuring temperature with a rectal thermometer is the best way to find the accurate body temperature.
Apart from the rectal thermometer, forehead thermometer is also considered as an accurate device as it uses infrared technology to measure the temperature and they are extremely easy to use in the pediatric patients.
5. What are the types of pressure?
The pressure is defined as the physical force exerted by against or on an object by another object which is in contact with it is called as a pressure. There are three common types of pressure as defined as follow:
- Absolute pressure,
- Relative pressure,
- Differential pressure.
To calculate the absolute pressure, a perfect vacuum is considered as the reference point while to estimate the relative pressure atmospheric pressure is considered as the reference point while to get the differential pressure no any reference point is used.
6. How many OZ a cup?
It becomes easy to measure everything accurately in the kitchen with the help of a measuring cup. But following calculations are being used since ages and are more user-friendly.
Here is how many OZ a cup measure –
|1/4 cup||4 tablespoons||2 fluid ounces|
|1/3 cup||5 tbsp. + 1 Tsp.||2 1/3 fluid ounces|
|3/8 cup||1/4 cup + 2 tbsp.||3 fluid ounces|
|1/2 cup||8 tablespoons||4 fluid ounces|
|5/8 cup||1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.||5 fluid ounces|
|2/3 cup||10 tbsp. + 2 tsp.||5 1/3 fluid ounces|
|3/4 cup||12 tablespoons||6 fluid ounces|
|7/8 cup||3/4 cup + 2 tbsp.||7 fluid ounces|
|1 cup||16 tablespoons||8 fluid oz. (1/2 pint)|
Overall, measuring tools have become an integral part of every toolbox. Not only professional but DIYer and every house should have them. They play an important role to help us measure various things as well as some medical measuring tools even help to self-diagnose health issues.
We have listed the most common and useful tool and provided the unbiased reviews of each tool so you can have an idea about what pros and cons they have. Also, we outlined the common points that you can look for while buying any of these tools.
The purpose of this article is to provide you with the gist of great tools and why you should have them while pointing you to choose the best among the many if do not want to get stuck just because your toolbox does not have a caliper or a pressure gauge.
In critical situations like tyre puncture or any other mechanical emergency every tool counts so does the measuring tools.