Top 7 Air Fryers In India – For Healthy Lifestyle!
Kitchen appliances have made our lives much simpler in every aspect. Today we have cooking appliances such as coffee makers, toasters, sandwich makers, induction cookers, rice cookers, etc. that has simplified the task of cooking as well as reduced its time consumption. One such appliance that has gained immense popularity these days is the Air Fryer.
Air Fryers lower the fat content and calories of the fried food, It promises to cook food with 80% less oil, which allows us to enjoy our favorite fried dishes and snacks in a guilt-free manner. There are a diverse number of air fryers available in the market, such as Glen Airfryer, Philips Airfryer, Kenstar Airfryer, Havells Airfryer, etc.
Want to know more about an air fryer? In this article, you will find air fryer reviews, we have also explained the mechanism of how does an air fryer works, along with its types and advantages. We have also provided perfect buyers guide and FAQ’s to go through. We have also provided a list of Top recommendations for you to make the right purchase and get yourself the best air fryer for your kitchen.
Top 7 Air Fryers Available in India
How does Air Fryer work?
Air Fryers uses the mechanism of convection to cook food. It consists of a fan that spins in a rapid motion to provide hot air up to 200°C, which prepares the food evenly.
A chemical reaction occurs known as the Maillard effect, which gives the food a crispy outer covering making it crunchy and mouthwatering with a tender and juicy interior. We get the same delicious quality of the food more healthily.
Air fryers are safe and convenient to use. They also cook dishes much quicker than the traditional way of cooking. French fries, fried chicken wings or fried fish anything can be prepared in just about an average time of 15-20 minutes with the same delicious outcome. There is no difference in the quality of food.
Air Fryer gives the same crispy results in a much faster, more straightforward, and healthier way whether its chicken breast, steak, or cake.
The food to be cooked is placed in the preheated food basket with just about a tablespoon of oil. We then set the required temperature and timer; sit back and wait until it is done. Yes! That’s how convenient it is to be used by anyone.
Traditional cooking involves submerging the food entirely into oil, and the outcome leads to major health problems and heart diseases. Air Fryers also solves this issue by providing a healthier alternative to our favorite fried food. It only needs a tablespoon of oil to give us the same crunchy, crispy, and tasty dishes we love due to its rapid air technology.
Rapid Air Technology works on three principles :
- Heat is transferred with very high intensity
- Heat is distributed over the food from all sides
- Heat can penetrate through a thick pile of food particles.
So in Rapid Air Technology, strong upward moving air stream flows through the open food chamber and is focused at the food.
Not only frying but grilling, roasting, and baking of food are also possible in this appliance. It has air vents which expel air at regular intervals to remove any smell in the kitchen. Hence, one will not even know that food is being prepared, unlike traditional cooking, where even neighbors know what is being made at home! It overall enhances our cooking experience.
They come with a large pan capacity which enables us to prepare two to three dishes together for a family gathering. This saves us a lot of time and energy. Hence, we can say that Air Fryers is a kitchen appliance which should be possessed by every household. It truly does make life much simpler in all aspects. Why wait? Go for this product now!
Types of Air Fryers
There are different types of air fryers available. The types of air fryers include the following:
Paddle Type Air Fryers
Paddle type air fryers are multipurpose air fryers. Apart from enabling us to prepare our favorite fried, grilled, or roasted food, we can also prepare liquid type dishes like curries. It is simple to use and requires little to no oil at all.
No intervention is required while cooking in these types of air fryers as they can turn over the food on their own. However, it is advised to keep a check on the cooking process to avoid any unwanted hazards.
Basket Type Air Fryers
Basket air fryers are another type of air fryers. These fryers are most commonly used for preparing fries as they are much gentler with the coatings. They are unable to prepare curries like in paddle-type air fryers.
These air fryers come with food baskets with a large or small capacity to prepare food with only a teaspoon of oil. Having a longer lifespan, these air fryers are more popular among the consumers in the market.
Manual Mode Air Fryers
These air fryers have a manual mode of operation. They come with timers and temperature controls which are set with the help of a knob. In manual air fryers, the time and other restrictions are not visible on the appliance making it difficult for the consumers to set the controls. Apart from this, there is no other drawback in manual air fryers as compared to others.
Digital Mode Air Fryers
Many brands have launched the innovative designs of air fryers which come with the digital display. These air fryers have all the features and specifications like those present in a normal air fryer to give us our favorite crunchy fries.
However, an added benefit in this is that we can set the time and temperature digitally. Moreover, we can view the timer and other controls on the digital display.
Buyers Guide – Know your Air Fryer Before Buying
There are several great products available in the market for Air fryers. However, there are certain things to keep in mind before you make a purchase. Here we provide a guide for the buyers so that they can make the right choice.
Ensures healthy and tasty food
Air fryers can be used to prepare your favorite fried chicken, french fries, and onion rings in a guilt-free manner by lowering the fat and calorie content. It requires little to no oil at all to provide a healthier version of all your favorite fried food.
Faster and Convenient Cooking
These appliances are a lifesaver in the kitchen as it takes just a few minutes to prepare the food. It saves you a lot of time and energy. Moreover, the adjustable temperature and timer controls help in making cooking more convenient.
Air fryers use a rapid air technology which enables you to fry, grill, roast, or even reheat food. Hence, you can cook anything in this appliance using less oil within a few minutes. It can also be used to re-heat frozen food.
Easy to Clean
Most air fryers are dishwasher safe making it easy to clean. The baskets also have a non-stick coating that prevents food from sticking. Thus, these appliances are easy to maintain over a long period.
The priority on your checklist should be the cooking capabilities of the Air Fryer. It should possess the rapid air technology which allows you to grill, bake, fry as well as roast the food items.
Not only that, the pan capacity should be adequate for your family. A small air fryer with a smaller cooking capacity will be perfect for a small family while for a large family you need a capacity of 3 to 4 Liters.
Hence, it is important to choose an air fryer based on the size of your family as well as the versatility of the air fryer.
Price is an essential factor in the purchase of any product. There are a diverse number of air fryers prevalent in the market ranging in different amounts.
It is not always necessary to go for a product with a higher price. Air fryers are also available at a reasonable price with similar specifications and features.
A high price does not always define quality. Hence, if the price is a restraint go for something within your budget!
Cleaning and Maintenance
An air fryer needs to be well kept and maintained like every other appliance for its longevity. After its use, the food basket and frying tray are required to be washed properly.
Go for an air fryer which comes with a non-stick removable basket and tray. The non-stick coating prevents the food from sticking to it while the removable basket makes it easier to clean.
Cleanliness is also a sign of hygiene, which is an equivalently important factor in cooking. Thus, it is important to keep in mind these factors before purchasing an air fryer.
Size and space
Product dimensions and weight also matter when it comes to air fryers. An air fryer large in size is a disadvantage for households with a smaller kitchen. It takes up too much space and creates an obstruction while working in the kitchen.
Moreover, due to its weight, it cannot always be shifted to a different place in the house.
Choosing an air fryer with a smaller size is always beneficial. Go for an air fryer with a compact size so that it does not take up much space and can be kept in one corner of the kitchen.
While selecting the perfect air fryer for your kitchen along with the cooking capacity, one must also check if it comes with a food separator. A food separator when present in the food basket or tray allows you to cook two to three different dishes at the same time. It saves a lot of time on the entire cooking process.
It is always advisable to go for an air fryer with a food separator. The food separator divides the basket into sections. Then we place the different food items in these sections and allow it to cook simultaneously. It is a lifesaver when you are having guests over but are short on time.
Warranty and after-sales service
Yes! Warranty is an equally important factor which needs to be checked before buying your product. The air fryer you purchase should have a brand warranty of at least two years. It should cover all the manufacturing defects other than the normal wear and tear so that you don’t have to spend money again after a few months of purchase.
An on-site after service saves you from the hassle of carrying your air fryer to the service center for repair. Hence, it is important to choose a brand which offers you a proper warranty and a good after-sales service. Thus, even if not always, the brand does plays a role to a certain extent.
The power consumption of air fryer and requirement should also be checked. An air fryer which consumes less power is always preferred to save your electricity bill.
Most of the air fryers, as they are of 1500 watts consumes less than a unit of power.
However, high power consumption gives you the advantage of faster cooking of your food.
Apart from being convenient and easy to use, an air fryer needs to be safe to use. While purchasing this appliance, certain safety features should be taken into consideration.
It should come with a cool-touch handle and provide protection from overheating. Often the exterior of the air fryer gets hot due to overheating. This can prove to be dangerous while using. Hence having these features solves this issue by keeping the exterior cool.
Some air fryers also come with smart locks and child locks. So that you don’t have to worry if you have children in the house who have the tendency to touch and open things. Thus, having more safety features make that particular model a suitable choice for your kitchen.
The additional features which need to be analyzed are the temperature controls and timer of the air fryer. The temperature of the air fryer should be adjustable from 80 – 200 º C while the timer should be up to 30 mins.
These days certain models of air fryers also offer a timer up to 60 minutes. An indication bell at the end of the timer and LED notifications are added benefits.
Another Additional feature is the digital mode of operation in an air fryer. It is not very different from the manual air fryers. The only difference is that the digital display helps in monitoring the time, temperature, and other controls.
Look for extra benefits like a free air fryer recipe book with a variety of recipes or a free grill while purchasing your air fryer.
1. Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9L Fry Light – Our Choice
Inalsa is a brand that deals with a premium quality home, kitchen, and personal care appliances at the best prices. This Inalsa Air Fryer comes with a food basket capacity of 2.9 Liters and a large pan capacity of 4.2 Liters, making it a suitable option for a large family.
It uses smart rapid air technology for frying, grilling, and reheating food. The model comes with adjustable temperature and timer control for making the process of cooking much more convenient.
The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the appliance once the cooking is done to avoid over-cooking and extra consumption of power. This product is safe, easy to use, and dishwasher safe, making it an ideal choice.
- Power consumption of 1400 Watt.
- Weight of the air fryer: 5.27 kg.
- Comes with a food basket capacity of 2.9 Liters and a pan capacity of 4.2 Liters.
- The smart rapid air technology allows grilling, frying, and reheating of food.
- Features a quick basket release button and a cool-touch handle.
- Comes with power and heating LED light indicators.
- It has adjustable temperature control.
- The knob enables you to set the cooking time.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- It is a dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- The food-grade non-stick coated basket prevents food from sticking to it.
- The timer control automatically switches off the appliance when the food is ready.
- Safe and easy to operate.
- Some users mention that the product had a few manufacturing defects.
2. Havells pro-life digi Air Fryer – Easy to Operate
Havells India is known for its dynamic range of products which include home and kitchen appliances to fans and water heaters. One such product given to us by havells is the pro life digi 1230 Watt air fryer. This digital air fryer is undoubtedly our topmost recommendation.
It has a black exterior with a digital display which shows the time and temperature, perfect for keeping in any one’s kitchen. Cooking is made much simpler with this pro life digi air fryer. The food separator makes it even more convenient, allowing us to cook two to three items simultaneously.
Its rapid air technology allows grilling, baking, frying, reheating, and roasting of dishes with just a teaspoon of oil, giving us a healthier alternative to a delicious meal. This air fryer comes with a compact design and large cooking capacity saving both space and time.
The Havells India plastic 1230 Watt 4 L prolife digi is its latest release and possess all the features required in the perfect air fryer for your kitchen. This air fryer is an updated version of the previous havells digi model.
It is extremely light and compact to keep in your kitchen. This air fryer comes with a food basket capacity of 2 L and pan capacity of 4 L. The basket can be released on just a press of the basket release button.
These amazing specifications have enabled this product to take the markets by a storm within just a few months of its release. So, what are you waiting for? Grab this latest Havells digital model now!
- Power consumption of 1230 Watt.
- It has a food basket capacity of 2 L and pan capacity of 4 L.
- It has an integrated timer with auto-off feature along with temperature control settings.
- Rapid air technology which allows grilling, frying, and reheating of food.
- This Havells digital air fryer also comes with a basket release button and an integrated air filter.
- It has dishwasher safe parts.
- Two years of Havells India warranty.
- Its timer can be set up to 60 minutes.
- The food basket is of non- stick coated aluminum which prevents food from sticking.
- Its size and weight are very less compared to other air fryers.
- Food can be cooked for a large family gathering because of its pan capacity.
- The food basket is patented to have slots at the sidewall which leads to better air circulation.
- No cons were observed
3. Philips viva collection Air Fryer – Value for price
Philips is a leading and well-known brand in the area of electronics, healthcare products, and other appliances all over the world. Philips has come up with amazing models of Philips air fryers with its own unique and diverse specifications. However, the Philips Viva Collection HD 9220 air fryer is our recommendation and the second-best on our top 10 list of air fryers irrespective of its price.
This product also has unique rapid air technology, which allows you to enjoy your favorite grilled, fried, or baked dishes without the fear of health problems. It makes the food tender from inside and crisper from outside. The timer and temperature control is adjustable to give us the best possible results. It also has a nonstick removable food basket that allows easy cleaning and its technology promises its consumers an odorless kitchen.
The recipe book comes with various recipes to try out. Hence, you can very easily prepare something new and innovative every day.
- Product dimensions – 38.4×28.7×31.5 cm.
- Product weight – 6.99 kg.
- Cooking capacity- 2.2 L.
- Power consumption is 1400 Watt.
- It contains a dishwasher, safe parts.
- It contains an integrated timer which allows you to set the cooking time to 30 mins and shuts off automatically.
- Grilling, frying, baking, and roasting of dishes are possible. (Multi-cooker.)
- Two years Philips warranty.
- Its rapid air technology provides healthier dishes after frying, grilling, baking, or roasting.
- Its removable non-stick coated drawer and the food basket are easy to clean.
- It comes with a recipe book consisting of a wide variety of recipes.
- High power consumption leads to faster cooking.
- Ensures perfect texture and gives tasty results.
- It is quite heavy compared to other Air Fryers (6.99 kg)
- There is no digital display of the temperature and timer.
- Cooking capacity is less
4. STok 2.6 L Air Fryer – Quality on a Budget
Quality of a product is not always defined by its brand. An example of this statement is the STok 2.6 L air fryer. This white Stok model air fryer is very reasonable compared to its specifications. It provides a budget-friendly option to a great product.
Its high power consumption and unique starfish design which circulates air for even heat distribution lead to faster cooking of our delicious meals. It comes with an elegant design and is easy to use due to its simple features.
A 2.6 L pan capacity is decent enough to prepare dishes for a small family. The timer comes with an indication bell which notifies you when the dish is done. It is also easy to clean and maintain because of its dishwasher safe parts.
Apart from these great specifications, we also get a free recipe book and an extra grill. Hence, irrespective of its brand, this air fryer is no doubt one of our top recommendations.
- Product dimensions- 33×34.5×34.5 cm.
- Product weight-5.26 kg.
- The pan capacity is 2.6 L.
- It comes with adjustable temperature control and timer.
- Its power consumption is 1350 Watt.
- This white Air Fryer comes with rapid air technology.
- Its rapid air technology allows grilling, baking, roasting, and frying of food.
- The temperature control can be adjusted from 80-200 º C.
- The timer can be set up to 30 mins, and it comes with an indication bell.
- The frying basket and frying tray can be easily and safely washed.
- It has a reasonable price and also comes with a free recipe book and an extra grill.
- The pan capacity is only 2.6 L, which is less as compared to other air fryers.
5. Kenstar Aster – The Oxy Fryer
Kenstar is the pioneer of oxy fryers. Kenstar has designed this cherry red oxy fryer to meet the requirements of its consumers.
Kenstar air fryer helps us prepare our crunchy fries much quicker due to its high power consumption of 1500 Watts. It is convenient to move around due to its long chord and hidden handle.
It is easier for consumers to know when the heating is on because of its two LED lights. This oxy fryer enables us to prepare a large amount of food in one go and also prevents any kind of smell in the kitchen. This Kenstar Oxy fryer is designed to make you enjoy your overall cooking experience.
- Product dimensions -36.5 ×31.5×30 cm
- Product weight- 7.23 kg
- Food tray capacity of 3 L.
- The power consumption of 1500 Watt.
- It comes with a hidden handle and two separate LED.
- Temperature control and timer is also present.
- The food basket is removable and can cook large amounts of food together.
- The two separate LED notifies us when the heating is on, and the power is on.
- It can easily be moved around, and its long cord enables you to place it at a convenient spot in your kitchen.
- The air outlet vent prevents any kind of smell in your kitchen.
- This oxy fryer consumes a lot of power, leading to high electricity bills.
6. Glen Air Fryer 3042 – The safety Expert
Glen is one of the most popular names in the world of home and kitchen appliances. Among its wide range of products, its innovative line of air fryers has also received much appreciation from the consumers.
One such model is the Glen Air Fryer 3042. Our list of top ten air fryer recommendations would be incomplete without the mention of this product.
Along with the similar features it possesses like the other air fryers, it comes with a patented conical air circulation base that leads to faster frying.
On the other hand, its vapor steam system makes the fries much crispier even with a negligible amount of oil. It is one of the safest air fryers to use due to its safety features, and it is very useful to have in your home.
- Product dimensions-32×32×40 cm.
- Power consumption- 1350 Watt.
- Cooking capacity is 2.25 L.
- It has a separate light indicator.
- It has a removable frying basket chamber of the pot with a base of food grade ss 304
- Temperature control of 80-200 º C and an adjustable timer with a limit of 30 minutes.
- It has a conical air circulation base that is patented.
- 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- It prevents fumes while frying food in the food basket.
- The swift air circulation technology leads to faster frying.
- Its vapor steam system results in making the food more crispier.
- It has a handle with a safety lock.
- It is a compact saving space in the kitchen.
- Cooking capacity is less. Food basket capacity is only 2.25 L.
- No digital display of the time and temperature controls.
7. Hilton 3.5 L Air Fryer – The Crunchiest Fry maker
Hilton as a brand has launched various next-generation kitchen appliances; all having the same goal, of making cooking a less cumbersome task.
It has been successful in achieving this aim with the introduction of a wide range of roti makers, induction cookers, electric tandoor, air fryers, etc.
The Hilton 3.5 L air fryer is the most recommended air fryer among the list of other air fryers of the same brand.
This model is known for its spiral heat flow, which heats the food faster, giving us the perfect crunchiness on the exterior with an equivalently perfect tender and juicy interior.
A large cooking capacity allows us to make a large quantity of food at once. Moreover, it is safe to use and handle. A child lock is a definite added advantage, as it prevents children from any kind of injury.
You can’t miss out on this product! Hence, it is on our list of 6 ten air fryers.
- Product dimensions-35×34×34 cm.
- Product weight- 6 kg
- Power consumption- 1400 Watt.
- Cooking capacity is 3.5 L.
- High-speed air circulation technology.
- Timer and temperature control present.
- Its exterior is black and made up of polypropylene.
- Its high power consumption provides faster cooking.
- Easy to clean and handle.
- It comes with a smart auto-lock and a child lock preventing any accidents.
- The inner food basket creates a spiral heat flow that heats the food faster and makes it crunchier.
- Recipe book encourages us to prepare low calories and health-conscious food.
- It comes with only a one-year manufacturing warranty with no on-site after service. You need to carry this heavy product to the service center in case of any issue.
- Consumes a lot of power and makes a noise.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I cool down an Air Fryer after using it?
You can cool down an air fryer after use by turning off the power source. Allow it to cool down for at least 30 minutes before cleaning and storing it back into place.
2. How much time do I need for the Air Fryer to cook my frozen food?
On average air, the fryer can cook frozen food within 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of food.
3. How better is an Air Fryer compared to a grill oven?
The hot air gets circulated much faster in an air fryer compared to a grill oven. Hence, the food is prepared much more quickly and efficiently in an air fryer. On the other hand, an oven can take up to 30 minutes to pre-heat.
4. How to clean an air fryer?
Before you start cleaning your air fryer, ensure that it is not connected to the power source. Let the air fryer cool down. Now, you can start by washing the pan, food basket, and tray using dish-washing detergent and hot water.
The outer part of the air fryer should be wiped using a damp cloth while the interior can be cleaned using hot water and a sponge. Also, use a brush to remove any food item that may be stuck to the heating elements.
Here we come to an end to the list of the top 6 recommended air fryers. Any of these air fryers would be the perfect choice for your kitchen. All these air fryers are designed to make cooking a much faster and simpler process. Its main goal is to give you a healthier alternative to a delicious meal.
The Stok 2.6 Liter air fryer and Hilton 3.5L Air Fryer are the two budget-friendly air fryers in this list with all the specifications required in the perfect air fryer for your kitchen. On the other hand, if the price is not restraint, the Havells pro-life digi and the Philips Viva collection models would be your right choice.
The Buyer’s guide provides the list of specifications and features to keep in mind while purchasing the suitable model of air fryer for your household. You may also get some of the best deals on air fryer on e-commerce site like Amazon. So, go ahead follow the buyer’s guide, and we hope you find the air fryer which can meet all your requirements. This appliance is a true lifesaver!