Best Induction Cooktops
An induction cooktop is a flat surface that offers safe operation, instant heating and super-fast response rates while providing a sleek and contemporary cooking solution. It consumes less space, unlike the bulky gas burners which require more space and additional space for gas cylinders.
If you are working in a city other than your hometown and you crave for home-cooked food once you dash and dart to your home, then cooking can only be your best friend and would bid farewell to all your stress.
While purchasing an induction cook-top in India, it is important to follow some guidelines and research as to what’s in your requirement and what dimensions a product covers. There are enormous types of cook-tops up for grabs in the market which can be quite daunting.
We would take you on a tour as for how an electric induction cook-top works, reasons to purchase induction cooktops for your home, types of induction cooktop, induction cooktop buyers guide followed by top 12 recommendations while buying a cook-top. Read to explore the entire arena of induction cook-tops.
12 Best Induction Cooktops
How does an Induction Cooktop work?
It is very important to understand the proper working of an induction cook-top to ensure its safety measures. To start with we first need to understand what induction is.
Induction is a simple way of producing electricity using the property of magnetism.
When you turn on the cooktop, electric current flows through the coil placed inside the cook-top which produces a magnetic flux all around it.
An alternating current is used to produce a fluctuating magnetic field that produces heat. ( If the direct current is used in producing a magnetic field around the coil, then it would be a constant magnetic field which would produce no heat. ).
As soon the coil produces a magnetic field around it, the same magnetic field is passed to the metal of the pan and a fluctuating magnetic field is produced in the pan which eventually makes an electric current pass through the pan too and thus heat is produced indirectly through electromagnetic induction.
The electric current flows in the metallic structure of the circular coil that carries heat energy and when the heat is passed to the pan, you can cook. But, if you would keep your hand a little distance away above the cook-top, you wouldn’t feel any heat because the heat is not generated directly.
An induction cook-top looks like a ceramic cook-top that has different zones where you can place your different pans. The cook-top is tough, heat-resistant and made up of glass-ceramic.
Using an induction can help you save a lot of time as it gets heated up more quickly than a gas burner. An induction cooktop is very useful for people who cannot devote much time to cooking. It gets your food ready on the go.
Good Induction cook-tops are very beneficial for the environment as it does not radiate any heat into the atmosphere as well as in your kitchen.
And, who likes to sweat while cooking? Induction cook-tops would only heat your cookware instead of heating the entire surface.
Coming to the safety measures, induction cook-tops are much safe than gas burners. When the cook-top is switched off, the zones where you placed your pan would cool down in seconds so there is no chance of burning your hand in the worst case.
Cleaning of cook-tops is hassle-free. All you need to do is take a damp cloth and wipe the surface of the cook-top and get relieved of the headache of cleaning food, unlike the gas-burners where the food gets baked because of the large amount of heat generated on the surface.
On the contrary, while using an induction cook-top there is no heat energy transmitted on the entire surface which implies there is no baking of food on the surface.
Saying goodbye to the conventional gas burners and buying an induction cook-top is highly recommendable.
Why should you purchase induction cooktops for your home?
- Induction cook-tops cook food faster than your traditional gas or electric burners.
- Induction cook-tops are safer so now you do not have to manage those long gas pipes and check for leakage of gas in your kitchen.
- Induction cook-tops prevent over-cooking of your food which absconds with all the nutrients in your food. As such, it ensures a nutrition-rich diet.
- Induction cook-tops provide us with the experience of flame-less cooking which keeps the kitchen’s environment cool as it does not radiate any heat into the atmosphere. Hence, they are energy efficient.
- Induction cook-tops come with time settings of up to 3 hours so that you can complete other household chores without worrying about your food.
- Induction cook-tops are affordable and cost-effective.
Types of Induction cooktops
Induction cook-tops have gushed down the market. They have been quite successful in replacing the traditional gas cook-tops.
While buying a cook-top, one should know the types of cook-tops flooded in the market so that you can choose the one in accordance with your preference.
This kind of induction cook-tops is the ones that have only one cooking zone.
Due to its only one cooking zone, the simultaneous preparation of various dishes is not possible in a single element induction cook-top. It can be used by people who do not cook much or can be used in conjunction with other cooking components.
It usually has the maximum wattage of 1800W and operates on 120V. Owing to its small size, it is a portable induction cooktop and super affordable for people who often put up in a different location.
Multiple Element Induction Cooktop
This kind of induction cook-tops is the one that has multiple cooking zones.
The simultaneous preparation of various dishes is possible in a multiple-element induction cook-top, due to which the power rating is higher than the single element induction cook-top.
It has a maximum wattage of 3600W and operates on 220V. It is not portable and requires more space than a single element induction cook-top as it is designed for multiple cooking zones.
It can be the perfect substitute for the gas or electric burners.
Built-in Induction Cook-top Units
The induction cook-tops in this category, are placed in the cut-outs that are specially designed in between the counter-tops. These come in a variety of sizes relative to the number of the cooking zones.
As these cook-tops get embedded into the worktop, one does not have to clean the counter-top below the induction. The installation of such cook-tops should be done in level with the worktop. The installation is quite exorbitant which increases the overall price of the built-in induction cook-top units.
Freestanding Counter-top Induction Units
Freestanding counter-top induction units, as their name suggests, are free to move in any direction, and do not require any work-top for their installation.
They are highly portable and can be used for outdoor cooking as well. These blend with your kitchen decor seamlessly without making any changes in the layout.
The induction cook-tops have multiple cooking units and can have a single or multiple oven units below them.
These are designed to serve two purposes rather than one which makes them payable over the odds. They have a power setting scale ranging from 0-10.
Commercial Induction Units
This category of induction cook-tops are remarkable performers and built to last.
Sturdy in design with the ability to withstand huge weights, these are easy to handle and do not require much maintenance.
These have an all-embracing power rating so that most of the cooking jobs can be covered by a single device. Due to high power consumption, these units are equipped with sensitive electrical circuitry to avoid unfavorable events.
These induction cook-tops are not polished or spiffy to the eyes but are definitely worth the price. These are easy to install and zippy at work.
Induction Cooktop Buyer’s Guide
What are the guidelines to be kept in mind at the time of purchasing an induction cook-top?
This feature monitors the temperature of the bottom of the cookware. If a pan is left on it empty, it will cause them to burn. It prevents the damage caused to cookware sets.
In the event of overheating, it automatically switches off the cooktop to prevent burning and causing damage.
Protection against overflows:
In case of spills and overflows, the cooktop gets off or beeping sound takes place to aware users of it. You can clean the spill first and continue cooking them.
The cooktop will not start if there is no pan placed over the cooktop due to the pan detection feature.
With wide ranges of varieties available, there are a lot of cooking features and modes available to continue cooking according to the cuisine you want to have.
Cooktops can be of various types as per the requirement of the consumer. You need to analyze the settings of your kitchen and then choose the one that suits you.
There is a single element, multi-element, built-in, freestanding, and commercial induction cook-top units.
For instance, single element induction cook-tops are apt for limited cooking.
A Multi-element induction cook-top has two cooking zones, it can be used by people who are looking for a substitute for their gas burners.
Built-in cook-tops are suitable for people who already have customized a cut-out in between their counter-top for placing their cook-top.
Freestanding cook-tops are movable and suitable for people who enjoy outdoor cooking.
Commercial cook-tops are rugged in design so they can withstand long working hours at food outlets without breaking a sweat.
Before buying a cook-top you need to assess the work-top space where you can accommodate your induction cook-top. The market is flooded with different sizes of cook-top, so choose the one that fits your purpose well so you do not have to pine over post-buying.
You should look for the latest models of cook-tops that lay-out consummate heat and consume less power customary to 21000 Watts, as they are sufficiently good energy savers.
Before shelling out a handsome amount on something that makes you feel repentant is not a smart move. In the first place, you need to look over and scrutinize your requirements before hopping over and prancing around sudden conclusions and decisions.
As the market lays out a wide variety of options, it can be intimidating pondering over every single option.
Jot down some important points like the cook-top size, its energy-saving capability, child lock, touchscreen panels, automatic cookware recognition function, warranty, etc. depending upon your needs. Opt for the brand that offers maximum features at a decent price and you are good to go.
Different induction cook-tops have different installation techniques.
Prefer the one in which the setting-up of the cook-top is hassle-free and does not require you to make any major electrical changes in your kitchen because you do not want to hype your cook-top price by building on additional charges to it.
You need to look for cook-tops that offer you a manufacturer’s warranty so just in case of a breakdown, you can ask for a replacement. It is advisable to purchase induction cook-tops that offer you 1-2 years or more.
The Number of cooking zones:
If cooking is something that makes you happy and you cook very often then it is advisable to go for cook-tops that feature more than one cooking zone, so you can prepare several cuisines simultaneously, without investing too much of your time.
Automatic shut-off and overflow Detection:
It is very important to look for a cook-top that provides with automatic shut-off feature. This feature automatically switches off the induction once your food is ready without over-cooking or burning it.
Not every cook-top offers automatic overflow detection. It is very important to look for cook-tops to avoid spillage of food on the cook-top.
Automatic Cookware Detection:
In case you forget to switch off the cook-top after you remove your cookware, you need not worry as these features come at your disposal and would automatically shut down the induction if does not detect the cookware for a long period.
Child Safety Lock:
Only a couple of cook-tops have come up with this feature. It basically seizes all the keys on the cook-top panel while performing its assigned task leaving only the power on/off button for operating purposes.
This feature would stave off your kids from playing around with the buttons and changing the modes, preventing any undesirable events.
Top 13 Induction Cooktops
1. Lifelong Inferno LLIC12 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop
- Comes with Auto-switch off mode in case of voltage fluctuation, the device gets automatically switched off to prevent any kind of damage from being caused.
- The bottom of the cooktop has a special ANti-skid foot that fixes the problem of the cooktops getting slipped while using them for cooking which sometimes causes spillage.
- You cannot operate the cooktop if the pan is not placed. The Pan-sensor technology checks whether you have placed a pan over it or not.
- Consumes Power: 2000 watts
- Weighs 3 Kg making it a portable option.
- You save a lot of electricity and energy by switching into the Power Saving Mode.
- Manually control the cooktop with 7 Preset Menu.
- It is a user-friendly product that makes cooking easy.
- No negative points were found.
2. Usha C 2102 P 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop
Usha is one of the prime brands of kitchen and home appliances and has never failed to satisfy customers with its supreme caliber. This Indian brand outsmarted other foreign brands and qualified to be on the top of the list.
Usha induction cook-top works faster than your conventional gas and electric burners and minimizes the heat generated to avoid any accidental mishaps.
It has that wow and shines factor that would accord into your traditional or modern kitchen’s decor. With the features it offers and the amount of energy it utilizes, no other cook-top can hold a candle to this big leaguer.
Your experience of using this induction cook-top would be highly exceptional without burning a hole in your pocket.
- It is energy-efficient and eco-friendly as it heats only the cooking vessel and does not radiate any heat in different directions and would as such bid farewell to your long electricity bills.
- It has a flat cooking surface which makes this induction cooktop easy to maintain.
- Its compact and sleek design makes it easy to carry and use. It can also be installed without much effort.
- The specially designed ceramic glass top makes it easy to clean post usage.
- It features a push-button control with 6 preset cooking options.
- The distinctive character of the digital heat indicator for the cooking zone makes this induction cook-top worth your bucks.
- Its variable timer and temperature settings suit a variety of Indian and transnational cuisines.
- It switches off automatically on reaching high temperatures.
- Auto pan detection – It does not operate until a vessel is placed on the cooking zone.
- It comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty. Its power rating is 2000W, 230V.
- It comes with an automatic voltage regulator.
- Sports an anti-magnetic wall.
- Indian menu options which make it definitely a big thumbs up for all the Indians out there.
- Buttons are very smooth to operate.
- It can’t be used with pure steel and aluminum utensils.
- It generates a considerable amount of noise while operation.
3. Havells Insta Cook PT 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
Havells is one of the leading brands of electronics in India. Havells recently launched its most promising product in the kitchen and home appliances segment, the Havells Insta Cook PT 1600-Watt Cooktop.
This portable induction cook-top has many distinctive features that help it hold the second spot on the list. Like all the other products it comes with a basic instruction manual that is easy to understand and would help the consumer to operate the appliance.
- Preset function – Insta induction cooker has up to 6 pre-set cooking menu controls which bring cooking at very close quarters. The upgraded usability is a result of the 6 touch-sensitive controls on its soft-touch control panel.
- Timer– One can set the timer for up to 3 hours and complete all the prioritized work without worrying about the cooking as this induction cook-top would take care of it effortlessly.
- LED light display – It has an advanced LED display that shows the status of the settings.
- Auto pan detection and auto power-off – It automatically shuts off, whenever the cookware is removed from its surface which makes the operation quite safe. It has a full copper winding which enhances the performance.
- It features variable temperature settings.
- The main body is of a micro-crystal plate which makes it all the more efficient with great strength.
- It’s highly compatible with many utensils like stainless steel pots, stainless steel rice cookers, cast iron frying pots, oil boiling pots, stainless steel water jugs, and grilling iron plates.
- Exhibits 6 different intelligent cooking modes for temperature and power settings.
- It has easy maintenance as the flat cooking surface can get cleaned in seconds. It also has an enclosure for anti-repellent pills.
- It is energy-saving because it uses direct and quick heat for minimal loss of energy.
- Intelligent programming lets it automatically switch off at considerably high temperatures.
- The power input ranges from 220-240V, its power consumption is 1600W, the frequency is 50 Hz, and the cord length is of 1.2 m.
- Variable power control.
- One-touch operability.
- Automatic shut-down at high temperature.
- It does not have touch panels to select presets.
4. Prestige PIC 20 1200-Watt Induction Cooktop
Prestige is one of the most trusted brands of kitchen appliances which has made cooking easy like never before. Prestige group has never failed to grasp its customers’ attention due to its high performance and great quality.
This brand now launches its another promising product that is the Prestige PIC 20 1200-Watt Induction Cooktop which would cut down your cooking efforts like nobody’s business. It works on the principle of heating magnetic field induction vortex.
The contemporary and elegant design will intend the consumer to buy it.
- Indian Menu option – The Prestige cook-top comes ready with Indian menu options that help you prepare authentic Indian food like Chapati, Idli, Curry, Dosa, etc. at the touch of a button.
- The product is designed to keep your food free from magnetic and radiation hazards by blocking the surplus energy and providing you with nourished and healthy food.
- Anti-magnetic wall – The cook-top has an anti-magnetic wall which ensures that the black glass panel heats only in the center by keeping the remaining surface cool.
- Automatic Voltage regulator – The Inbuilt Automatic Voltage Regulator not only takes care of High/Low voltage variances but also ensures that the load is taken by the appliance gradually for durability and performance.
- This Induction Cook-top from Prestige has a full procedure computer control which adjusts the power and temperature for different foods and helps in efficient cooking. The appliance will automatically switch off if it detects no cookware on it or if it’s not attended for a long period.
- Easy maintenance – The cook-top is flat and smooth, enables hassle-free cleaning without investing too much of your time. You can also move the cook-top and place it at your convenience.
- The Prestige cook-top comes with soft and feather-like touch buttons that will prevent the entry of water into the appliance.
- As it works on direct heating, the wastage of energy in the form of heat is reduced.
- This cook-top is compatible with cooking vessels like stainless steel pots, stainless steel rice cookers, cast iron frying pots, oil boiling pots, stainless steel water jugs, cast iron pots, color pots, and grilling iron plates. Pots or vessels made of ceramic, aluminum, copper or heat-resistant glass; compound base pots mainly made of aluminum-copper (e.g. aluminum compound base pots) as well as those with a base diameter less than 12 cm or over 26 cm are not recommendable at all.
- Power Rating – 1200 Watts, 230 VAC, 50 Hz.
- It’s a smart product, featuring dual heat energy system.
- It comes in with the aerodynamic cooling system.
- It has an automatic voltage regulator.
- It is highly durable.
- It does not work with every metal vessel.
- You might encounter errors in very rare cases.
5. SAVVY Induction Cooktop- Model IC-54 Heating Electric Induction Stove
A new induction cooktop is available in the market which is capable of sufficing your every cooking need. SAVVY Induction Cooktop- Model IC-54, BPA Free with Black Glass Panel, Automatic Shut Off & Temperature Sensor Kitchen Appliances, 2000W Fast Heating Electric Induction Stove, White and Pink Colorunlike gas stove is easy and safe to use, even by children.
- According to your various cooking needs, you can adjust the temperature in this cooktop within a range of 80°C to 240°C.
- Until the right cookware is not placed on the cooking zone, it will not get heated which prevents any damage caused to this product.
- Unlike other traditional cooktops, it cools down quickly after use.
- The overflow control feature switches off the product as soon as there is any spillage. The splatters would not burn on the cooktops as well.
- The product is made up of BPA free ABS plastic with an overheat prevention feature.
- The dissipation of heat is as soon as you switch on the product. It operates at very less noise making it very comfortable and convenient for use.
- The cooktop is compatible with most of the cookware which is made up of materials such as steel, cast iron, stainless steel, flat-bottomed pots.
- It comes with a control panel which makes it easy to operate it.
- No negative points observed.
6. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop with Sensor Touch
Indulge yourself in delightful, stress-free cooking with the Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop with Sensor Touch. It works on the principle of electromagnetic induction which would make your old gas stoves take your leave for good, without tampering with the taste of your food.
With smart and efficient heating, it preserves all the minerals of food and provides you with a highly enriched diet. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop with Sensor Touch is recommended for all purposes. This induction cook-top is a replacement of LPG gas ovens.
- This induction cook-top is designed to make your cooking easy with 10 presets of Indian cuisines.
- It comes in with three hours of time setting to help you in gathering an all-new experience of cooking.
- It features the 24 hours preset timer function for delayed cooking.
- It offers a range of sensor touch keys for your ease of comfort.
- The power ranges up to 2100 Watts for a faster cooking process so you can spend more time with your loved ones. The cook-top operates best on a voltage range of 220-240 V. It has a cord of length 1.2 m.
- It comprises of a glass panel which is of high quality for a premium finish.
- It offers an auto-off program feature that ensures cooking safely and efficiently.
- This induction cook-top will give you a sweat-proof experience as it cooks without any flame.
- It comes in with a one year warranty.
- The auto-off program cooks your food safely.
- It has 10 preset menus for Indian dishes.
- It is an intelligent and efficient product.
- It provides you with quick service.
- It is highly durable.
- Only induction based cookware can be used with it.
- You might encounter errors in very rare cases.
- The product is quite costly as compared to the other products in this segment of cook-tops.
7. Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 1900-Watt Induction Cooktop
Another Indian brand that maintained its position in the top 10 list of induction cook-tops is Bajaj. Bajaj has been an eminent pioneer from selling two-wheelers to kitchen appliances, the latter being their forte.
Here, we’ll talk about the recently launched, promising cook-top which was quick to grasp people’s attention due to its great performance coming at a decent price, the Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 1900-Watt Induction cook-top.
The sleek and stylish design would fold into your kitchen decor without making any changes. It was designed to match your fervor of cooking and your love for food in a smart and efficient manner.
- Offers 8 preset menu options or cooking modes that would be in line with your wishes of different cuisines every day.
- You can set your cooking time and temperature with the digital display timer and variable temperature selection option.
- It has the auto shut off utility which means that the induction cook-top gets switched off automatically if no vessel is detected for one minute. This feature ensures the safety and prevents any unfavorable conditions.
- This induction cook-top is energy efficient as it consumes only 1900 Watts of power, and its working voltage ranges from 130V to 260V AC.
- It is highly efficient and gets heated quickly so your food gets prepared in no time.
- Along with the decent price, it comes in with a 1-year warranty which is a cherry on top.
- It uses an insulator-gate bipolar transistor of 25A which combines high efficiency and fast switching.
- This induction cook-top offers tactile switches that are reliable and long-lasting.
- This induction cook-top is compatible with many cookware that is flat and ferromagnetic in nature like Stainless Steel Pots, Stainless Steel Rice Cookers, Cast Iron Frying Pots, Oil Boiling Pots, Stainless Steel Water Jugs, and Grilling Iron Plates.
- It has an automatic keep warm feature, delay timer, and a power switch that tells you about the power consumed while cooking.
- The automatic keep-warm feature makes it highly exceptional.
- It has the auto shut down feature.
- It has 8 different preset menus for cooking different kinds of cuisines.
- It does not have a touch panel.
8. Pigeon Rapido Slim 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
Say goodbye to your long LPG gas and electricity bills, and enjoy hassle-free cooking with Pigeon Rapido Slim 2100-Watt Induction Cook-top.
This induction cook-top will put an end to the inconvenience of buying an LPG cylinder, managing those long pipes and checking the leakage of gas in your kitchen. The light-weight, slim and sleek design will make it easy to carry.
This induction cook-top is packed with great performance and durability at an affordable price. The feather touch, wide surface, pause function, automatic shut off are worth your consideration.
- This induction cook-top works on the principle of an electromagnetic field by making the cookware its original generator of the cooking heat instead of generating heat and transferring it to the cooking vessel. This feature makes it different from all the other cook-tops.
- Unmatched Portability – The powerful, simple yet sturdy design makes it highly portable. This feature allows you to carry your cook-top anywhere you want even outside if you enjoy outdoor cooking.
- 8 Indian Pre-Set menus – This induction cook-top comes with 8 Indian preset menu options that enable you to cook dishes as per your preference. Just manually select your preferred option of a dish and you are good to go.
- Easy to Clean – The smooth brushed metal finish makes cleaning easy and convenient. Just take a damp cloth or a sponge to wipe the surface and get rid of all the food and oil spilled on it.
- Sheer Power – This induction cook-top consumes only 2100 Watts of power and operates on 220-240V, so you can prepare an array of dishes without worrying about your electricity bills.
- Time and Temperature Setting – This cook-top is equipped with a timer setting which lets you make use of the time required to cook for other chores. As soon as your food gets prepared, this induction cook-top gets switched off immediately to avoid spurting and over-cooking of food which retains all the nutrients of your food.
- Compatible Utensils – This induction cook-top works with all the stainless-steel utensils so you don’t have to go through the trouble of buying induction-compatible vessels.
- It offers a wide surface to cook so you can conveniently cook your food.
- It is super light in weight and easy to use.
- It has a unique pause function so you can attend other things as well.
- It is not compatible with aluminum pans.
9. Philips Viva Collection HD4928-01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
It is an undeniable fact that Philips offers a wide range of cook-tops which makes the decision-making process difficult as it has an enormous number of options.
Philips has been an age-old brand that has never compromised with its quality and has always brought consumers a hassle-free experience.
A recently launched product by Philips is the Philips Viva Collection HD4928-01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop, which works on the latest technology of electromagnetic induction.
It works on high heating efficiency and cooks your food in just a twinkle of your eyes.
- The main body is made up of a microcrystal plate that ensures faster cooking and retains the nutrients and minerals of your food without overcooking it.
- It is programmed for Indian cooking; therefore, you can select from the 6 inbuilt preset menus and cook distinct dishes as per your mood.
- It comes in with variable temperature settings which could be variated as and when required.
- This induction cook-top offers a time setting from 0 to 3 hours so you can easily get the distinct flavors in one dish and save your food from overheating.
- The heat generated by this cook-top is flame-less which makes it environment-friendly and reduces loss of energy in the form of heat.
- It is equipped with automatic shut-off utility to prevent food from overcooking.
- It has a touch start button to make your cooking easy, stress-free and convenient.
- This induction cooktop comes with a one year warranty on the product.
- You can upswing the temperature to ensure faster cooking as it has a power rating of 2100W.
- The flat and smooth surface allows you to clean it without a hitch. It is light-weighted so you can effortlessly remove the induction and clean your counter-top as well.
- It provides you with a cool-to-touch surface to ensure your safety when the cooktop is hot and in use.
- It operates on a voltage of 220-240 V with a frequency of 50 Hz, and the cord length is 1.2 m.
- This induction cook-top is compatible with cookware made from a ferromagnetic substance such as cast iron or stainless steel. However, copper, glass, non-magnetic stainless steels, and aluminum vessels can be placed on a ferromagnetic interface disk which functions as a conventional hotplate.
- It cooks your food safely with an auto-off program.
- It has a stress-free touch start button which makes it easy to use.
- It is programmed for Indian cuisines.
- The timer and pause buttons prove to be a great help in the cooking process.
- The exhaust fan can make a considerable amount of noise while cooking.
- This induction cook-top needs a pressure cooker and a pan for more options for Indian cooking.
10. Philips HD4929 2100-Watt Induction Cooker
Another cook-top that is heating up in the Indian market is Philips HD4929 2100-Watt Induction Cooker. The wide variety of induction cook-tops offered by Philips has amazing features and great performance.
Its design is as thin as a reed yet sturdy that will make your cooking 100 times easier, convenient, and faster. This works on electromagnetic induction which ensures faster cooking and provides high heating efficiency.
This induction cook-top comes up with features like auto shut-off feature, 0-3 hours’ timer setting, ease of cleaning, preset menus for Indian cooking, solid micro-crystal plate, push buttons, etc.
Bid farewell to your long gas and electricity bills as this cook-top would help you to save greatly. Expose yourself to the plethora of flame-less cooking with this induction cook-top at your fingertips.
- This induction cook-top would capture all the nutrients into the food unlike cooking on gas stoves where all the nutrients are lost.
- This induction cook-top can be cleaned effortlessly as the main body is made of a micro-crystal plate. The micro-crystal prevents the food from getting charred or baked in case there is any spillage of food from the cookware.
- Extra Safe Automatic Off Function – The Cool to touch ceramic surface helps in safe and comfortable cooking.
- It comes Preset menus that are customized for diverse Indian dishes.
- It has the auto-shutoff feature that automatically switches off the cook-top once the dish is prepared.
- It provides you with a timer feature so you can set your cooking time from 0 to 3 hours. It can be used to automate a lot of cooking.
- The manufacturer offers you a year’s warranty at an affordable price.
- The power ranges up to 2100 Watts, operates on a voltage of 220-240 V, with a cord length of 1.2 m, and a frequency of 50 Hz.
- This induction cook-top has a high heating capability that prepares your food in a jiffy.
- Multipoint A2DP, HFP & HSP,
- This induction cook-top is programmed for Indian cooking.
- It comes in handy with an automatic shut-down feature.
- You can set your cooking time from 0 to 3 hours.
- The product is not effective for cooking chapattis.
- The exhaust fan makes a considerable amount of noise.
- It is compatible with only cookware having a flat bottom made of iron or magnet stainless steel with a bottom diameter of 12-20 centimeters.
11. Prestige PIC 12.0 Induction Cook-top
This Prestige Pic 12.0 Induction Cook-top springs up with a unique design that is sure to clench your attention. The unique power saver technology of this cook-top makes it highly energy efficient.
It is the best example of the amalgamation of suaveness, smooth, and uninterrupted performance. It offers fast and non-fluctuating heat with the highest efficiency.
Also, this device is easy to clean and maintain. Just take a damp cloth or sponge and wipe the surface of the cook-top and make it shine like new.
- It has come up with the advanced technology of an anti-magnetic wall that prevents harmful and magnetic radiations from damaging your skin and eyes.
- The power ranges up to 1500 Watts that helps in conserving energy and helps in maintaining an eco-friendly environment.
- It is equipped with an aerodynamics cooling system so that your cook-top does not reach to a high temperature.
- It has built-in dual sensors that regulate the temperature of the cookware to prevent overheating by saving power.
- It offers you a set of 7 Preset menus that is programmed for Indian menus so you can select your preferred choice and cook as per your mood.
- This reasonably priced cook-top rolls up with a year’s warranty.
- The power consumption is of 1500 Watts, operating at a voltage of 230 V.
- This induction cook-top monitors the changing temperature of the cookware and adjusts the power level as per the size of the cookware.
- Child Safety Lock – This feature would stave off your kids from playing around with the buttons and changing the modes, preventing any undesirable events as it seizes all the buttons on the panel leaving only the power on/off button for operating purposes.
- It is designed in a way to prevent any insects and dirt from entering the cook-top.
- It has soft touch buttons for better working experience with the cook-top.
- This induction cook-top comes with an automatic voltage regulator.
- It comprises an anti-magnetic wall.
- It offers Indian Preset menus to suit your cooking needs.
- It crops up with child lock feature which is only present in some of the cook-tops.
- The power cord is a bit short.
- This cook-top can’t be used with aluminum and steel utensils.
- Works only with induction base cookware bottom diameter between 12cm-26cm
12. Pigeon by Stovekraft Favorite 1800-Watt Induction Cook-top
Another Induction cook-top that has scuttled its way in the market to be up for a continuous sale is the Pigeon by Stovekraft Favorite 1800-Watt Induction Cook-top.
Experience fast, easy and safe cooking with this induction cook-top. This cook-top does not require any installation which makes it more efficient. This induction cook-top is the solution to all the cooking related problems.
It is power packed with amazing features and great performance. Features like dual heat sensor, feather touch buttons, 7-segment LED display are beyond appreciation and enables us hassle-free cooking.
- This induction cook-top is propped up with the latest technology for faster cooking. After procuring this product you will restrain yourself from using those customary gas stoves.
- Along with the superior design, this induction cook-top gives you escalated performance.
- It comes with 7 Indian Preset menus to assist and speed up your work. It saves energy as these options are customized to provide just the right amount of heat that is required in cooking Indian dishes.
- This product gives away an extremely compact design in its architecture, owing to which the portability attribute complements the advanced architecture.
- It is compatible nearly with any cookware that has a diameter of up to 200 mm. So, you can easily avoid the stress of buying new cookware. All you have to make sure is a steady power supply.
- This induction cook-top provides you with inbuilt indicators which indicate temperature, voltage input, etc. It is equipped with a 5-amp switch for ease of use.
- This induction cook-top can be used to cook solid as well as liquid food. Up to 10 liters of liquid can be boiled at a time. Cookware weighing up to 5 kg can be used with this induction cook-top.
- The electrical parts of this cook-top are of superior quality to avoid short circuits.
- The feather touch buttons of this appliance ensure that the water does not enter the inner parts.
- This appliance is easy to use and maintain.
- It comes with a high degree of efficiency.
- It accelerates your cooking by saving time and energy.
- It is an eco-friendly product.
- Consumes a great amount of electricity that can upswing your electricity bills.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does induction stove need electricity?
Induction cooktops do not use flames or heating coil for cooking food, instead, it uses electricity to operate. This is because it is considered to be more energy-efficient.
2. Do you need special pots for the induction cooktop?
Not all pieces of cookware are suitable for cooking using the induction cooktop. Cookware which is made up of aluminum, copper or glass, including Pyrex will not work on the induction cooktops. Yo need to have cookware that is made up of iron or magnetic stainless steel.
3. How much power does an induction cooktop use?
The power consumed by the induction cooktop on average is about 1500 watts to 2500 watts.
Induction cook-tops are heating up in the Indian market today and the buzz seems perennial. This new technology hits the market like wild-fire. Surprisingly, these devices are highly efficient energy savers.
Induction Cooktops are the safest cooking technologies that have boomed up in the market till now. It may be quite unnerving while buying an induction cook-top as the market is inundated with numerous options.
With the above list, you will get an idea of which cook-tops are soaring up in the market to avoid being misguided at a retail outlet. Instead of settling on your already used brands try on exploring the new brands that the market has to offer.
You need to break your cocoon of cliché ideas and look for a brand that meets almost all your requirements without compromising on your comfort. Analyze well through the product before you lay your hands on it.