Best Electric Rice Cookers
Food is a significant part of a man’s life. We need food for our existence. Food keeps you alive, but it is good food that brings out true satisfaction and happiness within a person. We need the right and efficient equipment to make sure that the food we consume today is well-cooked, healthy, fresh, and tasty at the same time.
With the increase in technology, you will find many new cooking appliances like portable induction and multiple number burner stove. But they still do require some kind of utensils to cook in. What if we tell you don’t need any utensils to cook in?
One of the basic products that we consume daily is rice, and hence came Rice Cooker. The use of electric cookers to achieve the perfect consistency of rice has become excessively popular. These cookers will make sure that you work hassle-free in the kitchen and will provide you excellent quality of the food which your regular cooker will never be able to achieve.
We have thus come up with a proper and detailed Buying guide and FAQs based on Electric rice cookers, which will help you to pick the exact product you want. We have listed the 11 best rice cookers to help you make the right decision.
11 Best Rice Cooker
Electric Rice Cooker Buyers Guide
Cook and Warm Functions
The model should have a cook and warm function that automatically cooks the rice efficiently and evenly while retaining its nutritional values.
The auto warm function then will automatically get activated so that your rice remains warm up to a longer duration. This helps in keeping your rice fluffy and soft.
Cool Touch Handle
The cool-touch handle is resistant to heat and hence will offer a firm and safe grip so that you can carry it around conveniently and serve. This also prevents you from burning your hands while cooking rice or serving. Thus, this is an important safety feature that the rice cooker should have.
The lid of the cooker should be made of stainless steel as it traps the heat inside, allowing the rice to be cooked evenly and to perfection. Moreover, it is resistant to corrosion, making it easy to maintain.
The cooking plate should be made using aluminum and should come with holes for starch to seep out. This prevents the rice from turning soggy and enables you to make idlis and momos in it.
Water Level Indicator
The water level indicator is also important as it denotes the ratio of water to rice required while cooking rice. This gives you the correct quantity of water that you need to add so that the rice gets cooked perfectly.
This is one of the most important features which must be kept in mind before making any purchase. This product will be a good investment, but you have to make sure that whatever price you are paying for the product gives you the kind of performance that you have paid for.
If that does not turn out to be the case, then it shall be considered a waste of money.
The quality of the product is also of crucial importance. Only a product that promises good and high quality will work efficiently and provide promising durability.
The weight of the product here is also taken into consideration as the product should not fall or get damaged easily. The product should be light and handy enough to carry around without much.
Top 11 Rice Cooker
1. Bajaj RCX 5 Rice Cooker
Want to avoid the pain, mess, and hassle of cooking in a cooker? Then this Rice cooker by Bajaj is the best bet for you. All you have to do put in the right quantity of rice you want to be cooked and some water. The rest will be taken care of. The functionality of this product is stunning and will prove to be worth the money you spend on it.
- This machine has a 1.8-Litre capacity.
- This machine is made of aluminum, which comes with an anodized finish.
- It has the unique feature of automatic cooking.
- It has a wattage of 550 watts.
- The operating voltage is 230 volts.
- This product also includes a User Manual, a Guarantee card, and a list of service centers.
- This can cook 1 kg of raw rice at a time.
- This comes with a stainless steel lid that has steam vents and also cool-touch handles.
- Dimensions of the product are 29.2 x 29.6 x 24.5 cm.
- The product weighs 2.4 kg.
- This comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It has incredible functionality.
- This also comes with a stylish exterior.
- It is not very heavy.
- This product can be moved around quickly.
- It is an absolutely safe product.
- This product can cook a good enough quantity at a time.
- The product is not very expensive.
- The auto-shutoff makes sure that your rice is not overcooked.
- Sometimes the cooker does not keep the rice warm after the machine is switched off.
2. Kent Ss Electric Rice Cooker
The Kent Electric Rice Cooker is an ideal kitchen appliance for a large family because of its 5 Liter capacity. It comes with a stainless steel exterior and a non-stick ceramic coated inner pan that manages to cook the rice evenly and in a quicker manner because of its induction heating technology that allows temperature adjustments in a short time.
The model also comes with a grip handle that enables you to carry it around and serve conveniently.
- Has a capacity of 5 Liters.
- Comes with a good quality non-stick thick ceramic coated inside the pan, steam tray, rice spoon, soup spoon and measuring cup.
- Features an automatic “keep warm” function to keep the rice warm and fluffy.
- Power consumption: 700 watts.
- The high-temperature operation brings out the flavor of the rice.
- Comes with a grip handle.
- It has an advanced induction heating technology that allows temperature adjustments in a short time.
- Rice is cooked in significantly lesser time-saving users time on a daily basis.
- The grip handle makes it easy to carry and serve rice.
- Easy to clean and store.
- The rice is cooked evenly and thoroughly.
- The lid is difficult to wash.
3. Havells GHCRCCCW070 1.8 Ltr Electric Cooker
The Havells Rice cooker is an aesthetic model to have in your kitchen as its floral printed design makes it appealing to the eye. The model comes with a 1.3 mm thick cooking bowl that ensures a seamless cooking process.
It also comes with an auto ‘cook’ option that enables you to cook the rice efficiently with all its nutrients. Moreover, the corrosion-free stainless steel lid makes it easy to maintain, making it a durable option as well.
- It comes with a stainless steel lid, spatula, trivet tray, bowls, and a measuring cup.
- Capacity: 1.8 Liters.
- Has a 1.3 mm thick cooking bowl that ensures heat retention for a seamless cooking process.
- They are designed to include cool-touch handles that are heat resistant.
- It comes with an auto ‘Cook’ option so that the rice is cooked efficiently.
- Features an indicator light.
- “Keep Warm” function keeps the rice warm up to 24 hours.
- The trivet tray prevents the rice from sticking to the surface of the rice cooker.
- The corrosion-resistant lid ensures easy maintenance of the product.
- The cool-touch handle prevents you from burning your hand.
- The aesthetic and floral design makes it an eye-catching model to have in your kitchen.
- Capacity is less than the others.
4. Black + Decker Rice Cooker
The Black + Decker 2.2 Liter rice cooker is an all-rounder as it can also prepare idlis, momos, and steam vegetables. The model is convenient to use as the water level indicator gives you the correct water to rice ratio to cook the rice perfectly.
It also features a stainless steel lid that traps the heat inside so that the rice is cooked efficiently.
On the other hand, the cooking plate allows the starch to seep out so that the rice is not soggy while the automatic warm function ensures that the rice remains fluffy.
- The rice cooker comes with a cook and an automatic warm function to keep the rice warm and fluffy.
- Capacity: 2.2 Liters.
- Has easy to read water level indicators.
- It comes with a removable aluminum steaming tray.
- The cooking plate comes with holes to allow extra starch to seep out.
- It comes with a measuring cup, spoon and a stainless steel lid.
- Features a cool touch handle.
- Power: 850 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts.
- Can be used to make momos, idlis or cook vegetables.
- The rice is cooked well because of the lid as it prevents the heat from escaping.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Large capacity can be used by a large family as well.
- The cool touch handle provides a safe, secure, and comfortable grip so that you don’t get burnt.
- The automatic warm function might overcook the rice.
5. Borosil 1.8-Liters Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer
This fancy electric rice cooker by Borosil is what makes cooking simple and accessible. This comes with a pack of features and makes it worth your money.
Thus if you want a product that performs with extreme efficiency and brings out the quality product which is cooked to perfection, then this the one you are looking for.
- This has auto cooking functions.
- It has a 15 hours preset timer.
- This product also comes with keep warm function.
- This has a dishwasher safe inner pot and spillover prevention vent.
- This has a capacity of 1.8 liters.
- The wattage of this cooker is 650 watts.
- The 0pertaing voltage of this machine is 230 volts.
- This product comes inclusive of an electric rice cooker, a plastic cup, a plastic spatula, a plastic steamer, and a warranty card.
- This product weighs 3.8kgs.
- This retains the nutrition of rice.
- This keeps the rice fresh for 12 hours.
- This has a very fancy look to it.
- This product is easy to clean.
- This machine is also non-stick.
- This product has a 1-year warranty on the product.
- The spillover prevention vent helps in not creating a mess.
- The product is heavy.
- This is an expensive product.
6. Panasonic Electric Cooker
This automatic rice cooker can dish out delicious and mouth-watering delicacies within minimal time. That, too, this machine performs the function flawlessly.
This also comes in a quirky color and is a very good bet if you want to save yourself the trouble of actually cooking rice in a proper cooker, while this barely takes any time to produce fresh-looking, steaming hot rice.
- The total volume of this electric cooker is 4.4 Litre.
- It has a raw capacity of 0.9 Litre.
- It has a convenient bridge handle.
- This product comes with the feature of Auto cooking/scoop holder.
- This also has 4 hours keep warm function.
- This product comes with a clear, steaming basket.
- This machine has a Lid holder.
- This also comes with an anchor coated non-stick cooking pan.
- The wattage of this machine is 750 watts.
- The operating voltage is 220-240 volts.
- This product weighs 3.2 kgs.
- This machine has an Unbreakable polycarbonate body.
- This product has a 2-year warranty on this product.
- There is a 5-year warranty on the heater.
- This product promises durability.
- This product is also very energy efficient.
- The Unbreakable polycarbonate body generates a good amount of strength.
- This has a very compact design.
- This machine is straightforward to use.
- This is an expensive product.
- The product is a little heavy.
7. Prestige Multi Cooker
This electric cooker by Prestige helps you prepare instant noodles, cook rice, boil eggs, brew soup, instant tea or coffee with precise temperature settings in a matter of minutes.
This is a great appliance if you need to cook smaller quantities of food. This is very convenient to carry while traveling and does not make any hole in your pockets since it is reasonably priced.
- The wattage of this product is 600 watts.
- This has a variable temperature control.
- This machine has an elegant stainless steel body.
- This comes with a cool-touch handle.
- This also comes with a lid kno.b
- This has a 360 degrees swivel base.
- This has a detachable power base.
- This is a very concealed element
- This product weighs 1.2 Kg.
- This has a warranty of 1 year on the product.
- This product is pretty durable.
- The product is affordable.
- This can be cleaned easily.
- This product is pretty light regarding weight.
- It is very easy to boil things in this.
- There might be a slight spillage in case you fill too much water into it.
- The longevity of this product is questionable.
8. Panasonic S Electric Cooker and Steamer
This electric rice cooker by Panasonic is perfect if you want clean, well-cooked, and healthy food ready in no time at all. The maintenance of this electric cooker is the bare minimum, but the benefits it comes bearing are unbelievable.
It is a good product and a must-have for everyone who is looking for an easier way to cook.
- The Total Volume of the product is 4.4 Litre.
- It has a raw capacity of about 0.9 Litre.
- This also comes with a convenient bridge handle.
- This also has the feature of Auto cooking/scoop holder.
- It comes with the 4 hours keep warm function.
- This has a clear steaming basket.
- This also has a Lid holder.
- It also comes with an anchor coated non-stick cooking pan.
- This product weighs 3.1 kgs.
- This can be used without a steamer as well.
- This product is not very expensive.
- This is very energy efficient.
- This product can be carried around with the utmost ease.
- This has the brand name that comes with a Panasonic product.
- The product does not have a detachable power cord.
- This product is slightly heavy.
9. Prestige Electric Rice Cooker
This product by Prestige presents this new electric cooker that can not only cook rice but present to you an entire menu. Porridge, soup, stew, pulao, idlis, steam vegetables, etc. can all be cooked to perfection by this product.
This cooker is an indispensable product to own.
- The body of this product is made of stainless steel.
- This product comes with two aluminum cooking pans.
- This cooker also has cool-touch handles.
- This also comes with a detachable power cord.
- This cooker has the capacity of cooking up to 1 kilogram of rice.
- The wattage of this product is 500 watts.
- The operating voltage is 220-240 volts.
- This product is inclusive of a rice cooker, an instruction manual, and a warranty card.
- This item weighs 2.6 kgs.
- This comes with a 1-year warranty on the product.
- The food is ready in no time due to the speed cooking feature.
- This keeps the food nice and warm.
- The durability can be vouched for.
- Things can be easily stored in this.
- This product is moderately priced.
- The product is not very light.
10. Panasonic Automatic Electric Rice Cooker
This cooker is an original product by Panasonic, and it lives up to the name that Panasonic demands. This has a very vintage and basic design to it but does not let that fool you. It performs well or in fact better than any of the electric cookers featured today.
- The total volume of this product is 2.7 Litre.
- The Raw Capacity is 0.5 Litre.
- This product has a stainless steel lid.
- This cooker comes with an anodized aluminum pan.
- This comes with the unique feature of the automatic cut off.
- The wattage of this product is 450 watts.
- This comes inclusive of an electric cooker, a cooking pan, a lid, a spatula, and a user manual with a Warranty card.
- The dimensions of the product are 23 x 23 x 20.8 cm.
- The product weighs only 680 grams.
- There is a 2-year warranty on the product.
- This product is extremely light in weight.
- There is a very vintage look attached to this item.
- The durability can be vouched for.
- The automatic switch-off helps in efficiently handling the product.
- This product is on the pricier end.
- This is only good enough for a 1 Kg capacity.
11. Usha Electric Pressure Cooker
Cooking with this Usha EPC does not leave any doubt in your mind and takes away the reluctance from using an electric cooker.
This is a product which is truly worth the investment because it not only gives the much-desired consistency to the rice but also to all the other products it cooks as well.
- This appliance has several functions as pressure cooking, cooking rice, Sauteing, Steaming, Simmering, Slow Cooking, Browning, Boiling, Making soup, Warming and everything a pressure cooker can do
- This comes with 10-built-in strong features.
- This comes with an automatic keep-warm function.
- This product weighs 6 kg.
- This product also possesses the Automatic time function and pressure control as well.
- This also comes with Automatic pressure maintenance.
- The wattage of this product is 900 Watts.
- The voltage of this product is 230 VAC.
- The basic frequency is 50Hz.
- This is the safest way of cooking rice.
- This comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has multiple features.
- The automatic warm function can keep the food warm for approximately 6 hours.
- This is very easy to use.
- One does not have to keep monitoring the product.
- The automatic pressure makes sure that the customer does not have to keep attending to the food being cooked.
- This product is extremely heavy.
- This item is pretty expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is cooking rice in a rice cooker healthy?
Rice cooked in a cooker manages to cook thoroughly while retaining its nutritional value. Hence, it is healthy to cook rice in a rice cooker as it is to cook it on a stove.
2. How long does it take to cook rice in a rice cooker?
It takes 15 minutes for a cup of regular rice to get cooked in a rice cooker. Parboiled rice may take 20 minutes while a cup of whole-grain rice can take up to 40-45 minutes to cook.
3. What is the ratio of rice to water in a rice cooker?
For short-grain rice 1, 1/4 cup of water is required to cook 1 cup of rice. Brown long grain rice requires 2 1/4 cup of water per 1 cup of rice while parboiled rice requires 2 cups of water per 1 cup of ice.
4. How long does a rice cooker keep rice warm?
Rice cookers come with auto warm functions that can keep rice warm up to 12 hours.
5. Can you open a rice cooker while cooking?
The lid should not be opened while cooking rice as the heat may escape preventing the rice from getting cooked evenly.
The basic idea and intention of this guide are to help our customers to make an informed decision based on the product they are purchasing.
We would not want anybody to be fooled into buying something that is not worth their money or does not fulfill their needs.
Thus all you have to do is follow the instructions well, go through the features, and then make a choice that you will surely not regret. If we had to choose then, it would be, Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker.