Best Coffee Machines – Buying Guide
Coffee is something that always brings us joy and into an active zone.
And it is said, “Coffee and love are best when hot.”
And we all know that science has evolved at a rapid rate and the inventions of it are a boon to humans.
Well, the espresso machine is one such invention.
Who doesn’t love a good warm cup of coffee?
Espresso machines designed for that make it a very easy task to do.
Having the best expresso machine means that you can have one of your favourite beverages on tap.
As a homemaker, as an individual or as a professional, espresso machines in India have found popularity.
For espresso fans , it will be a great experience for them when they get the perfect concoction, the rich blend and the texture of coffee made especially from espresso machines.
No more sitting back and thinking if someone could get you a coffee, well you can get a great cup of espresso using these multifaceted, multifeatured, stylish, sophisticated and versatile espresso coffee machines.
Top 10 Coffee Machines
Powerful and Quick Coffee Maker
Best Quality Coffee Maker
Perfect Professional Espresso
Versatile Espresso Maker
How Coffee Machine works?
Technically, espresso machine uses pressure and boiling point to get us a good cup of coffee by bringing out the flavors from ground coffee beans.
This machine forces water at high pressure near the boiling point through a puck of ground coffee and filter to get a concentrated, thick coffee which we all know as espresso.
Its main function is to pour water at an optimal temperature for extraction and to make sure that the aromas and oils dissolve in the water.
The espresso machine is a more easy and fast way to get a cup of coffee for oneself.
This has greatly reduced human efforts.
The innovation involved in this machine has made it easy for people to operate it easily without any prior knowledge.
The diagram below gives a basic idea as to how an espresso makes coffee.
Basically, espresso coffee is as we all know a mix of all types of coffee beans from different parts of the world.
The basic principle is forcing water through the coffee and using steam to cause that pressure.
As pressure builds the only way for the water to force out is through the coffee.
What can be made with a Coffee Maker
- Espresso: An espresso has a perfect smoothness along with consistency. It is enriched with aroma and crema. This is generally the main drink prepared by the espresso machine.
- Cappuccino: Generally, an espresso with steamed milk foam and a single/double espresso is a cappuccino. With a good frothing wand, the Cappuccino prepared by espresso machine is delicious.
- Latte: Made using a double shot espresso but with a very thin layer of foam is a latte. It is similar to a cappuccino.
- Espresso shot: The brewing time of the espresso shot is around 25 seconds only. The brew is dark and with the portafilter properly heated it gives a great espresso shot.
- Espresso Lungo: Some espresso machines come with a feature of buttons for espresso as well as espresso lungo. A single shot of espresso is brewed with an extract of 1 and 1/2 ounces. It is also known as a long shot.
Types of Coffee Makers
Technically the various machines are classified by the driving mechanism, automation and the kind of structure.
According to the kind of mechanism:
The various types constituted under this section are Air Pump driven espresso machine, Piston-driven espresso machine, Steam-driven espresso machine and many more.
The name signifies the major underlying factor necessary in this type which is the form of effort that needs to be put.
Piston driven machines: Operated using a piston, the piston is used to create pressurized water which develops a high pressure to get the coffee. They use human effort to create pressure.
Steam-driven machines: It basically uses steam to create the pressure to get a perfect cup of espresso.
Good quality espresso is produced by moderately built-up pressure.
According to the kind of automation:
Well, automation is the future and so does the shifting balance in the technologies implemented on this principle.
The various types incorporated in this are semi-automatic espresso machine, fully automatic espresso machine, super-automatic espresso machine, etc.
Automation clearly makes things stand out and this is the case with this set of espresso machines.
Semi-automatic machines: A portafilter, boiler, button and a piston are what this machine offers as a combination.
The machine can be manually controlled as well as programmed for automatic use.
Fully-automatic machines: Completely programmable, the pressure mechanism and the brewing process is fully automated and what you get is a prepared espresso shot without much effort.
According to the kind of structure:
The varied structure of the espresso machines is what appeals to the customer in this section.
The machine is chosen based on the parameters one wants in the respective machine purchased by the customer.
Types included in this category are Stovetop espresso machine, lever espresso machine, pod espresso machine, etc.
Stovetop machines: It basically uses a Moka pot. This pot gets the coffee ready by positioning itself on the top of a stove.
The pressure is not developed with the help of parts in the motion of the machine.
The water reservoir is kept on the stove and a different section has coffee beans that are brewed as steam develops the pressure.
This is the cheapest way to get an espresso.
Pod espresso machines: It uses ESE pods instead of coffee beans.
The type or variety of espresso you get depends on the pod that can be properly fitted in the coffee maker.
No match for the pod gives you no taste in the coffee.
Preparing your drink with the Pod Espresso Machine is quite simple.
The first step is to pour the water into the Reservoir.
Secondly, heat the system until the desired temperature.
Buyer’s Guide for Coffee Machines
Single cup: Single cup espresso makes coffee in a small amount i.e. mostly 1 cup at a time, which can meet the requirement of a single person.
Multi cup: This machine can make coffee in large quantities, 3 – 4 cups at a time.
It is most suitable for those who need more coffee.
For people preferring a single cup of coffee, espresso machines like Nespresso mini Espresso kind of machines are good to go.
The price of an espresso maker is in different ranges for different kinds of machines.
People preferring machines for professional purposes with all features like filters and indicators cost in the range of 30 thousand to 60 thousand.
For home purposes, espresso machines with good features come in the range of 1500 to 6000.
According to the addition of extra features like frothing wand, strength selector, water filter, etc., the price can go up to 10000 to 16000.
The espresso machines are good on the durability factor.
The buyer should keep in mind the carafe is durable and not fragile.
The wand and the filters are made from good material.
Especially the glass carafe and lid should be properly inspected because if the carafe is too fragile and it breaks it will render the machine useless.
The pressure should be kept in mind while you purchase one.
Moderately high pressure is good for brewing and gives a great shot of espresso while low pressure can be a turn-off.
The optimal range of pressure is around 3.5 bar and above.
Ease of use
The espresso machines in general, are easy to handle.
The carafe should be used with care. A heavy machine is not preferable.
Lightweight espresso makers are good to go. So the weight of the machine should also be considered.
The espresso machine has removable attachments so that the cleaning is made very easy due to the presence of removable drip tray in most of the espresso machines.
Filters are important in some cases.
For a rich blend of coffee and great aroma, the right filters should be present.
Portafilter and drip filters are good to go.
The filter combination is an important essential.
A normal filter would not give you that rich experience but the coffee won’t be a very bad experience.
It’s great if you buy coffee makers with indicators as they are add-ons that enhance the user experience.
The water level gauge and other coffee strength indicators are good for the overall experience.
The water gauge helps to know the quantity required to prepare the expected amount of coffee.
The coffee strength selector helps to know if you want hard coffee or not.
The frothing wand gives good frothing especially in the case of Cappuccino.
Top 10 Coffee Machines
1. Morphy Richards New Europa 800-Watt Coffee Maker – Our Pick
Morphy Richards has always considered quality the most important aspect.
This is visible in its range of electrical appliances that the brand manufactures.
From microwaves to electric kettles to hairdryers it has overwhelmed with its consistency and assurance of brand value.
The best bet to get espresso, cappuccino, and latte, this machine holds more value regarding its popularity among the masses.
A perfect cup of coffee is what this machine brings to you. The stylish and versatile coffee maker can get up to 4 cups of coffee with the control knob and coffee strength selector as its highlight.
The people who are in love with frothing would be delighted to have this machine
- Europa espresso coffee maker lets you experience pure coffee perfection, the real freshness of coffee beans right at your place. The maker is great regarding brewing as it gives the perfect blend, amazing texture, delicate flavor, and premium aroma along with dense crema.
- It has a heat-resistant carafe and lid. It is easy to clean with its amazing and unique removable drip tray.
- The 800 watts motor makes sure you save some bucks on your power usage while getting the most out of this machine.
- The machine is easy to operate and what you get is a great shot espresso and a good cup of cappuccino. The two cup filter makes sure that the consistency of your coffee is maintained and you get a perfect blend of coffee.
- For all the espresso lovers, this package comes in handy with taste and budget both kept into account.
- The coffee strength selector is a huge plus.
- It comes with Turbo Cappuccino nozzle. Great for cappuccino lovers due to the good frothing.
- The carafe has the right capacity.
- Heat resistant carafe and saves on electricity.
- The price is affordable and with the features offered it is a good buy.
- It comes with two years warranty.
- The glass carafe is fragile; the build quality is low.
- Water leaks after a few months.
- The machine needs maintenance soon.
2. Morphy Richards Fresco 800-Watt Coffee Maker – Powerful and Quick Coffee Maker
Morphy Richards holds onto its reputation as another of its products dominates the charts for the best espresso makers.
Morphy Richards as a brand holds great promises and this espresso machine clearly depicts that.
Another good bet to get espresso perfectly this machine holds more value regarding its popularity among the homemakers as well as the professionals.
A perfect blend of coffee with a great texture is what this machine brings to you.
- It comes with two cup filter which makes sure that the consistency, richness, and smoothness of your coffee are maintained
- The coffee strength selector helps the customer in getting the coffee in just the right proportion for him or her.
- The stylish, edgy, sophisticated and versatile coffee maker comes with a control knob
- Its turbo nozzle gets the customer the perfect amount of frothing.
- Fresco espresso coffee maker lets you experience pure coffee perfection, the real freshness of coffee beans and the true blend and texture of coffee right at your place.
- The 800 watts motor makes sure you save some bucks on your power usage while getting the most out of this machine. The machine is specially made to take care that there are no unnecessary power lags.
- The machine is easy to operate and what you get is a great shot of espresso.
- The machine is a great buy for the people who are tight on their budget but don’t wish to compromise on the quality as well.
- The coffee strength selector is a huge plus
- The machine automatically enters into protection mode when overheated.
- Heat resistant and saves on electricity bills
- The price is worth it
- It has two years warranty.
- Steam is not available due to leakage
- Getting an espresso shot is an issue sometimes
- The glass jar needs to be handled carefully; its unavailability renders the machine useless.
3. Coffeeza Lattisso Coffee Making Machine – Lightweight
Coffeeza Lattisso machine delivers the perfect coffee every time you make.
In just a touch of a few buttons, your coffee would be brewed.
This machine is handy and versatile, which makes it suitable to be placed at home and even in your office.
This machine prepares an exceptional and consistent coffee each time, thus, adding value for money.
Let us have a look at all the features of this product.
- This coffee machine is capable of making many beverages such as Italian Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Ristretto, Lungo, Cold Coffee, which makes it one of the most versatile products.
- This machine is compatible with both Coffeeza and Nespresso Original coffee.
- The coffee machine works with 19-bars Pressure technology, which helps you to extract the perfect flavor and crema of the coffee so that you can enjoy Barista-style coffee at any place peacefully.
- The machine comes with five functional buttons and settings.
- It has milk frother attached to it which enables you to make Cappuccino, Macchiato, Creamy Latte or Cold Froth and many milkshakes easily in just no time.
- Hassle-free set up
- The removable drip tray and the grid make cleaning easy and efficient.
- It provides you with a consistent tasting coffee every time you make it.
- It comes along with free 10-capsules and a 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
- It has a much better value than any other espresso machine.
- Only good for home-purpose.
4. TECNORA Classico TCM 107 M Coffee Maker – Best Quality Coffee Maker
A manufacturer of home appliances, Tecnora never compromises on quality and product value.
With its value for price products, it has a variety of products ranging from mixer grinders to drip coffee makers to Espresso coffee makers.
Tecnora leads the way with this espresso maker with its unique and outstanding features.
An enhanced model of Classico 106m, it has more power and functionality.
Equipped with a 15- bar pump it gives complete extraction which makes it a great experience for the customer.
The advanced functionality provided gives it the edge over others.
An enhanced version of Classico 106m, it gives a perfect cup of espresso for the user.
- The machine is installed with 1050 watts of power which gives more support to the boiler.
- More consistency is provided for the steam to froth the milk and this is primarily due to the increase in the boiler efficiency.
- The design and architecture of the maker are perfectly suited for a creamy cappuccino and thick espresso. This model is specially made more sleek and compact. One of the advantages that highlights this model is its weight.
- This is lightweight with a plastic body, and the coffee flavor is fully justified by the electromagnetic pump which gives the coffee its perfect blend.
- The temperature range for this coffee maker is between 87 to 91 degrees.
- Boiler switch functions within the specified range for brewing coffee.
- One of the good features of this is the perfect temperature setting that prevents the coffee from getting burnt.
- For all the coffee lovers, cappuccino and espresso die hearts two portafilters are provided, one for the single and one for the double shot.
- Temperature and pump controller switch is one of its highlights.
- A Precision Thermoblock and Italian Pump are standouts
- Auto Shut off feature. This machine turns off automatically in 25 minutes.
- Price is perfectly decent for the service offered.
- The safety measure is fully taken into consideration with a smart auto-switch feature that prevents all kinds of overheating.
- Two years warranty.
- The plastic tamper at the end of the scoop has a smaller diameter than the portafilter basket
- The tamper is quite flimsy
- Despite the features, difficult to operate for a beginner.
5. Philips HD7431/20 Coffee Maker – Best Design
Philips has always been at the helm of quality and has always made sure that the customers get the best product along with the inventive and new features.
With its promising products like iron, cooking accessories, it has come up great with this coffee maker having exciting features.
Philips makes this machine a good buy for the users with its unique and outstanding features.
Its aroma swirl is its highlighting point with a compact design.
The amazing taste is taken care of by the AromaSwirl, and the best point is the reliability it offers.
- The LED-powered switch is a great add-on.
- The coffee brewing is great, and the plus point is the drip stop which can stop brewing the coffee as and when you like.
- The cleaning and maintenance are made very easy. The capacity is okay for two to three cups of coffee
- Its compact design gives it a good place in the household. The build and strength of this coffee maker are good to go.
- The maker is great regarding brewing as it gives the perfect blend, delicate flavor and premium aroma along with dense crema. The customer gets complete satisfaction from the espresso prepared by this machine.
- The 700-watt power is great to save on your electricity bills.
- The brewing time is around 10 minutes
- The AromaSwirl makes the coffee experience great due to the amazing aroma of coffee
- Dishwasher safe parts.
- The product is a value for money with good features in an easily affordable price.
- Coffee leakage and plastic quality are few issues
- An extra jug is not available
- Not that efficient filtration system seems a turn-off
6. Rancilio Silvia Coffee Machine – Perfect Professional Espresso
With a history of great espresso products, this brand is known best for its espresso machine used all over the world.
The espresso machine manufacturer has the best machines for professional use.
The quality and reliability it gives is something that is the USP of this brand.
Best espresso in the making is what goes into the technicality of this machine.
Best professional experience, best espresso maker, power saving is what this machine gives you.
The price may is high, but if you are looking to enhance your customer experience professionally, this machine is the one to check out.
- It is a great power saver as the special boiler in Silvia is encapsulated in a foam thermal insulator which has a good heat absorption capacity.
- The commercial filter holder gives a great touch to its look.
- The silver color gives the machine a great look. The machine is chrome plated and is equipped with a steam valve and a steam wand.
- The portafilter is a commercial class providing excellent temperature stability.
- The pod and capsule adaptor kit makes sure that ground coffee aroma’s freshness is preserved.
- We think that giving a great espresso experience to customers and users; it also saves a lot of power by the thermally insulated design it carries.
- Commercial filter holder design
- Steam nozzle, knob, and drip tray grid are great and very easy to clean.
- Design, reliability, and color are good to go
- Power saver due to the special thermal insulator
- The machine shuts off automatically after 30 mins of inactivity.
- It’s quite expensive
- The machine is heavy which gives it a disadvantage.
7. Nespresso Mini Coffee Machine – Portable Espresso
An operating unit of Nestle group, Nespresso defines what perfection and user satisfaction are.
It brings well manufactured and highly suited espresso machines right into your kitchen to serve you with the best coffee and make that experience unforgettable.
Want coffee on the go? Well, this espresso maker is the kind of mini version of espresso machines but gives the taste, texture as what you expect out of an espresso machine.
The tank can only hold enough water for an Expresso. You can add some hot water and milk or cream and make your drink to taste.
This is the plus point that comes with this espresso maker.
- The main highlight of this espresso maker is the use of capsules to prepare espresso.
- The coffee maker leaves little room for error as it gets an espresso made with high precision
- Coffee is properly ground, measured, tamped and that is the key point to get a great cup of espresso.
- It is very easy to operate and clean. The capsules and the cup can be easily cleaned.
- Minipresso ns is compatible with the large variety of capsules.
- For the fans of espresso, we think it will be a great experience for them when they get the perfect concoction.
- This coffee maker is very simple to operate and prepare espresso. Add any compatible capsules into the outlet head along with some hot water in the water tank. Unlock the piston and pump a few strokes to get the right amount of pressure and get a great cup of espresso.
- No electricity costs, no overhead expenses, this maker can be carried to the workplace and the consistency remains the same every single time
- Portable, can be easily carried
- Non-electric with a solid built
- Efficient and Very easy to use
- Works by the use of capsules.
- The effort required for one cup of espresso is way more
- It does not fit capsules with a broad face
- A bit expensive as compared to its features and accessories
8. PRESTIGE PCMD 3.0 Coffee Maker – Budget Friendly
With a beautiful design and great features, this coffee maker doesn’t disappoint.
Prestige has always catered for the kitchen needs of a huge number of households for years.
With products such as non-stick cookware, pressure cooker, gas stoves it gives a great bet for the customers in espresso machines as well.
We think that giving a great espresso experience to customers and users; it also saves a lot of power by the thermally insulated design it carries.
- This product by prestige comes in with an advanced design mesh filter and the anti-drip mechanism.
- Be it your home or your workplace; this goes great for its use at home as well as the workplace. A perfect cup of coffee is what this machine brings to you.
- The translucent water gauge makes it easy to keep a check on the water level.
- The glass carafe is good and makes sure that the aroma and freshness of the filtered coffee are maintained.
- The steam vent releases the extra steam. Thus, ensuring safety. The brew basket is enhanced with a handle that allows easy removal of the filter.
- The filter’s anti-drip valve prevents dripping when the carafe is removed.
- The advanced brewing technology added along with the indicator is a great add-on. The customer gets complete satisfaction from the coffee prepared by this machine. Fresh beans and right grinders are the keys to a delightful experience of coffee.
- Power consumption is metered with 650 watts. This machine makes sure your coffee experience is high and not your electricity bill.
- Easy to clean after use
- Makes up to 6 cups of coffee
- Design, reliability, and color are good to go.
- Coffee required is too much to get a good cup of prepared coffee.
- Draining the coffee is a problem.
- The glass carafe is thin
9. Tecnora Caffemio TCM 206 Coffee Maker – Large Capacity
Tecnora brings another great espresso maker on the list with its unique features and affordable price.
With its wide range of espresso machines, it never fails to deliver on promises.
Built especially to be used in offices, homes, workplaces and many others, it is one of the most diversified espresso makers on the list.
Be it your home or your workplace; this goes great for its use by professionals as well as people at home.
Its filter system is the highlight out of many more amazing features.
- The Coffee Maker is enhanced with three filters: one made of stainless steel for strong coffee, a special stainless steel filter for the one or two cups you need without compromising on the brewed coffee and one nylon for the favorite mild coffee.
- The coffee maker makes sure that the coffee grounds are soaked perfectly, and this is taken care of by the water sprinkler disc.
- One of its useful and popular features is the keep warm, which maintains the temperature of the coffee. We think a great cup of coffee is served best when hot and this feature completely supports that.
- The machine has been furnished with a water level indicator which makes the process transparent.
- Those looking out for an espresso maker for their shop or workplace are great to go with this model.
- The price is affordable, and the product is worth investing in. A great coffee experience and the blend of natural coffee is what we can surely expect from this.
- Very easy to operate
- Equipped with the multi-filter system
- The anti-drip feature is great to go.
- The capacity is Excellent. 12 cups, 1.8-liter capacity.
- Keep warm function.
- A filter paper has to be used
- The glass carafe is fragile
- Sprinkler functions despite empty water tank
10. Orbit Steam Coffee Maker – Versatile Espresso Maker
The brand offers a variety of features in its products.
Keeping style, design, safety and customer experience in mind the manufacturer brings in the best espresso makers to serve the customers well.
A coffee maker with style, versatility, demands, and results is the Orbit stem espresso maker.
The coffee maker houses the capability to get you four great cups of espresso.
Lurking for some fun and if its movie time on a chilly Sunday morning, grab this espresso maker and get yourself a perfect blend of the rich aroma of coffee beans with this coffee maker.
The efficient power consumption makes it a very desirable product in this category.
- The carafe is transparent, which makes the whole coffee-making process visible to you, as you see your coffee brewing in front of you. It also lets the user see the required amount of ingredients that get you a perfect cup of espresso.
- The maker comes with an 800 watts power that makes sure you don’t have to pay the hefty bills and keep a check on the electricity meter.
- The removable overflow plate makes sure that cleaning is made easy and fast.
- The compact and sophisticated design of the coffee maker makes it an ideal match for every house.
- This machine comes in with an effective frothing function that gives you an effective cup of cappuccino along with the usual espresso delight.
- The machine is easy to operate and what you get is a great shot espresso and a good cup of cappuccino.
- The people seeking a machine that offers blend and a range of flavors, this machine has it all. Getting a perfect shot of espresso is very easy with this machine and the blend, texture offered is a delight to have.
- One of the machines that get you a quick and easy brewed fresh espresso.
- Stylish design
- Power consumption is optimized
- Good for making cappuccino
- With removable and washable drip tray, the cleaning and operation is very easy
- Does not have coffee strength controller
- More pressure would be a great plus to it
- Frothing may be a problem in some cases
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best espresso machine brands?
Rancilio Silvia, Philips, and Morphy Richards are some of the best espresso machine brands.
2. How to Use an Espresso Machine?
All espresso machines are electrically-operated, so to run the machine, you have first to plug it into a power source.
There are water reservoirs available in your machines. Fill them with water.
The water to be used should be filtered, cold, and not hard water.
Switch on the espresso machine. When you feel it is warm enough, you can proceed for the next steps.
Place the roasted coffee beans inside the coffee grinder.
After the coffee beans have been ground, collect it inside a portafilter.
Use your fingers to make sure that the coffee has been appropriately ground without any lumps.
If the coffee maker does not have a grinder, place the capsule at its place.
Remove the excess powder from the portafilter using your fingers and level it.
Using the tamper, apply slight pressure on the coffee powder that is inside the portafilter.
Make sure there is no powder attached to the side of the wall, if yes, move it to the center.
Now, return the portafilter into the group head in the espresso machine. Place a cup at the opening.
Push the start button and start brewing.
3. How many bars are suitable for an espresso machine?
In general, espresso should be brewed with 9 BARS of pressure, but, usually, most of the espresso machines use 15-17 BARS of pressure.
Getting to the final points, we think that “Morphy Richards New Europa 800-Watt Espresso and Cappuccino 4-Cup Coffee Maker” is a great buy.
The features like perfect frothing, heat resistant carafe are good to go.
The coffee strength selector is a great plus.
The power is optimal where the machine can function best as well as no extra pressure is put on the customer regarding electricity bills.
With a decent price, it is a value for money buy and a sure shot great experience for the customer.
The espresso machines are great to go if you take note of the things mentioned and then check which model suits best to your choice and use.
The prices are dynamic, and you can select your machine accordingly as to what is the purpose.
For professional usage, Morphy Richards Fresco 800-Watt are good options.
We should take into account the quality rather than the price.
For office usage, we have espresso machines that serve the purpose well there. Tecnora Caffemio TCMis a good espresso machine for office use.
Moreover, for the homemakers, the standard set of espresso machines are available easily at a great price.
This sums up the list for the top espresso buys for you this time around.
Make sure you tick mark the essential points before finalizing your espresso machine- your ultimate way to great coffee.