Post Maternity Ab Belts
Post pregnancy comes with complications and the abdomen, hips, belly and the internal organs need a support to be in place. Also, nowadays getting in shape and staying fit is in trend which definitely lists more merits than demerits. One can keep away from multiple diseases and also look great by following this trend.
As the obvious option of exercising or workout in the gym becomes a bit hectic for women with baby bumps, the post-maternity ab belts are here to help. These belts not only would be a way of getting rid of belly fat with minimal efforts but also help in keeping the belly muscles and organs in place and supporting the abdomen and hip. Along with these functionalities, these belt helps with a few medical issues like back pain, body posture etc. too.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Types of Post Maternity Belts
- 2 Post Maternity Ab Belts Buyer’s guide
- 3 Top 10 Post Maternity Ab Belts to choose from
- 3.1 1) Tynor Abdominal Support 9 For Post Operative/ Post Pregnancy
- 3.2 2) Mee Mee Post Natal Maternity Support Corset Belt
- 3.3 3) Wonder Care Abdominal Belt Binder Body Shaper
- 3.4 4) Flamingo Abdominal Belt Medium
- 3.5 5) Cling Post Maternity Corset Belt Medium
- 3.6 6) Farlin Breathable Postnatal reshaping Abdominal Girdle Belt
- 3.7 7) Neotech Care S Postpartum Support Girdle
- 3.8 8) Wowlife Abdominal Postpartum Recovery Girdle (Medium)
- 3.9 9) Jern Maternity Postpartum Postnatal Recovery Support Girdle
- 3.10 10) Baby Bucket Corset/ Waist Trimming/ Postpartum Abdomen Shaper Belt
- 4 Conclusion
Types of Post Maternity Belts
The post maternity ab belts, also known as girdles come in certain distinct types as mentioned below. Consult your doctor before trying any post maternity belt.
Pull-up type belt
As the name suggests, this type of belts works like underwear which has a high waist. Although this type of belts is very handy, doctor’s guidance is required as it can affect the abdominal portion.
Wrap type belt
This category of ab belt is the most common one. With a frontal flap, it wraps around the midsection and fastens at the back.
Corset type belt
For maximum support and recovery to your belly post pregnancy, this type of ab belt will be the ideal one. It is made up of medical grade material and has snap or boning enclosures for proper support.
Zipper type type
Belts provided with a zip falls under his category. This zip can be either located on the front section or on the sides. One should choose the belt according to the ease of wearing, that is, a front zipper belt will be easier to put on than a side zipper one.
Post Maternity Ab Belts Buyer’s guide
To get a clear idea and a short guide about the basics before purchasing an ab belt, the following points should be kept in mind.
The prime factor to be kept in mind while buying an ab belt is the comfort provided after wearing it. For that, selecting material which will avoid irritation and can be worn for long periods, selecting the proper size and mobility of the body after wearing is important.
As the belt comes in contact with the skin, the material should be taken into notice too. A doctor recommended or medical graded one is always better than the rest. Nevertheless, keep a check on the quality whether it causes irritation or allergies to your skin and is breathable.
While buying the belt, keep in mind the design of the belt according to your need. Following the doctor’s advice, in this case, will be the best.
The product must be supportive to wear for a long period of time. Also before buying, check whether the belt can be worn under clothes or not.
Top 10 Post Maternity Ab Belts to choose from
The following is a list of post maternity ab belts to choose from.
1) Tynor Abdominal Support 9 For Post Operative/ Post Pregnancy
Tynor Abdominal Support is a compression belt mainly used as a post-operative aid for waistline reduction. It also has an abdominal binder for supporting the abdomen and compressing the abdominal muscles. Apart from these basic functionalities, this belt also provides protection and binding of surgical incisions, umbilical and ventral hernia.
- Product has a size range from 28 to 48 inches
- Broad hook and loop tape is provided
- Belt has strong and porous elastic webbing
- It is lightweight with a thin construction
- Product comes with a single panel of elastic
- Nylon reeves prevent rolling over of the belt
- Can be worn under the clothes.
- The product has pleasant aesthetics
- This belt has multiple medical applications like umbilical and ventral hernia, binds surgical incisions of abdomen and chest and tone up abdominal muscles.
- The porous elastic webbing of the belt ensures good compression as well as improves ventilation and comfort.
- The special designed broad hook loop closures help in size adjustability of the belt around the waist.
- The belt is quite bulky in nature.
- This belt is used more as an abdominal support than as a tummy trimmer.
- Size of the belt should be taken care of such that the lower end of the belt should coincide with the base of the spine.
2) Mee Mee Post Natal Maternity Support Corset Belt
The Mee Mee Maternity Support Belt falls under corset type of ab belts and hence provides maximum support to the abdomen portion. Its premium quality and breathable cotton provide utmost comfort.
- The belt weighs around 200 gms
- Material of the product is breathable cotton
- Adjustable belts are provided for all body types
- Designed distinctly to be worn under apparel
- Product comes in the shades of beige and pink
- The 100% premium quality breathable cotton provides extra comfort in the abdomen region.
- Not only this belt will support the hip and spine, but also will help in correcting body posture while nursing.
- This belt will help in pain relief both during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
- Doctor’s recommendation is preferred for using this belt.
- Keeps on Folding at back sometimes.
3) Wonder Care Abdominal Belt Binder Body Shaper
The Wonder Care Abdominal Belt comes in a wide range of sizes. This product is exclusively used by women as a post-operative aid after delivery. It is a compression belt which supports the abdomen and compresses the abdominal muscles too.
- Weight of the belt is 349 gm
- The belt is lightweight and has a thin construction
- A broad hook and loop-tape panels are provided
- Special nylon reeves are supplied to prevent rolling over of the belt
- Material has an extra porous webbing
- Designed to be worn under apparel
- Provides optimal compression of the abdomen
- The product has a size range from 28” to 48”
- The extra porous webbing of the belt provides ventilation and additional comfort to the patient.
- Loop tape panel and hooks provide better holding of the belt and size adjustability.
- Abdominal muscles are toned up better after surgery because of the optimal compression provided by the product.
- It can be confusing and hectic to put on and off at times.
- The belt might loosen up after prolonged usage and hence, a smaller size is recommended.
4) Flamingo Abdominal Belt Medium
The Flamingo Abdominal Belt is recommended mainly to be used after surgery or after delivery to support the abdominal region. This product comes in 5 different sizes ranging from small to extra large to choose from according to the requirement.
- Weight of the belt is 522 gm
- Product is available in sizes of small, medium, large, XL and XXL
- The range of size is from 28 to 48 inches
- The product is recommended after surgery or delivery to support the abdomen
- Belt reduces pressure on the bladder and backache
- Product is used as a back support or post-operative belt
- The belt is proved to be effective in improving circulation during exercising and workouts.
- The stretchable nature of the belt makes it a comfortable one to wear.
- This product works exclusively for post-delivery tummy reductions and not for medical purposes.
5) Cling Post Maternity Corset Belt Medium
Cling Post Maternity belts are of corset type and the size of belts are categorized by the hip circumferences. This product perfectly supports the abdominal muscles after the delivery and is also useful for various other medical reasons post pregnancy.
- Product has an increased width of 25 cm
- It comes in a range of sizes from 70 to 110 cm according to hip circumference
- Has excellent elasticity and stretch-ability
- Product is fully elastic and provides a snug fit
- Material is skin-friendly
- The product is thin and can be worn under clothing
- The belt retains its elasticity even after long usage
- It ensures adequate compressibility and supports weakened muscles.
- Belt is also useful after abdominoplasty, hysterectomies, liposuction and bariatric surgery
- The Corset provides compression which increases blood flow to the abdomen and results in faster healing.
- The increased width of 25 cm is not provided by any other corset belt company. This gives maximum support to the abdominal walls.
- According to its name, the product clings to the body along the contours for comfort and wearability for long durations.
- This product is not recommended for waist trimming purposes.
6) Farlin Breathable Postnatal reshaping Abdominal Girdle Belt
The company Farlin comes to you with the Farlin Postnatal reshaping abdominal Girdle Belt to support abdominal muscles post pregnancy and get back in shape. A plus point about this belt is that it can also be used by men for waistline reduction.
- Material type is of rubber
- The material is breathable, lightweight and adjustable
- Waist girdle is made of high-quality rubber and 100% Dacron
- The product is stretchable in nature
- Designed discretely to be worn under clothing
- Can be used by men and women
- Belt offers support to back and core muscles along with toning them
- The product is comfortable, convenient and easy to wear.
- The belt offers toning and support of muscles which helps to reduce stretch marks.
- The lightweight material and adjustable nature of the belt makes it more comfortable.
- This product pays more attention to slim down the waistline rather than support abdominal muscles.
7) Neotech Care S Postpartum Support Girdle
The Neotech Care S Postpartum Support Girdle is of corset type which provides complete support to the abdominal muscles. The material of the belt is made up of bamboo fibers which have anti-bacterium properties.
- Product dimensions are 25*17*1 cm
- Weight of the belt is 150 gm
- Material is of bamboo fiber which has properties like bacteriostasis, anti-acarus and prevents bad odors
- The belt is elastic and breathable in nature
- Belt is designed to be worn under clothing
- Improves balance, weight redistribution and provides a general slimming effect.
- The belt provides relief after surgery in the abdominal area.
- The product features Velcro for adjustment of the belt and a better fit too.
- This product is comfortable to wear and is highly recommended by doctors after pregnancy as a postpartum abdominal support.
- Selecting the proper size of the belt might seem a bit difficult to figure out.
- Using this product without a doctor recommendation is discouraged.
8) Wowlife Abdominal Postpartum Recovery Girdle (Medium)
Wowlife has come up with a maternity belt that works to support the belly and compress it post-pregnancy as well. Its comfortable and adaptable features make it a hit among the ab belts.
- This product comes in 3 sizes namely small, medium and large
- Dimensions of the small size belt are 23*95 cm, medium is 23*100 cm and large is 23*110 cm
- The belt is hygroscopic, breathable and lightweight
- Has adjustable closure for easy wearing
- Product provides adaptable compression and support for pendulous abdomen after pregnancy
- Product helps to tighten and flatten the postpartum belly
- Belt provides great back support which reduces a backache
- The lightweight and breathable nature of the belt makes it a suitable one to wear for long tenures.
- Its elastic nature allows the belt to be stretched so as to fit the natural curves of the body.
- The product comes in 3 distinct categories of sizes which put on boundaries to the choice of selecting a proper size.
9) Jern Maternity Postpartum Postnatal Recovery Support Girdle
The Jern Maternity Postnatal Recovery Support Girdle helps to maintain the abdominal muscles in place and also tighten and strengthen the muscles for a reduced belly. This belt is most suitable for exercise and fitness purposes along with post postpartum recovery.
- The size of belt varies from 12 to 14.5 inches
- Material is of high-quality nylon, rubber, and multiple chemical fibers
- Ingredients of the belt have 78% spandex and 22% rubber thread
- The belt is breathable and elastic in nature
- Velcro closure is provided for easily adjustable fit
- Wear resistant and can be used for long periods
- Belt length and fixed place of the belt can be adjusted
- The mash and breathable design of the girdle make it a very comfortable one when it is worn.
- The belt’s elasticity and flexibility are very good which increase the lifetime of the product.
- It has more fitness and shaping abilities than medical ones.
10) Baby Bucket Corset/ Waist Trimming/ Postpartum Abdomen Shaper Belt
To slim down the waistline or to tighten and strengthen the abdominal muscles, the Baby Bucket corset type belt is here to help. The corset type belt will not only give complete support to the ab muscles but also help in getting in shape.
- Material of the belt is of neoprene and nylon
- Product is an adjustable waist belt trimmer
- Can be worn under apparel
- Made of finest elastic material which is breathable
- Product is available in a wide range of colors
- Supports core abdominal muscles
- Helps in supporting, enhancing and toning waist after a natural birth, C-section, or postpartum abdominal surgeries
- The belt is ideal for walking, jogging, cycling, aerobics, weightlifting etc.
- The breathable fabric of the belt makes it extremely comfortable and the corset type gives complete support to the abdomen.
- This product will also help in improving breastfeeding posture.
- The belt comes in free-size which spares you from the thought of selecting a proper size.
- It generates and retains therapeutic heat for muscles which helps in burning excess fat for waistline reduction.
- A doctor recommendation is required for using this belt.
- The free-size belt might be uncomfortable for some stages post pregnancy.
The usage of post maternity ab belts has been practiced for ages. Back in the days, women used sarees or long cloths to wrap around the abdominal region for support but with the advancement of technology, the invention of ab belts have made the situation much easier and beneficial.
These belts not only supports the abdominal region but also helps in tightening the abdomen muscles, reduces back pains, improves posture, acts as a back support and reduce waistline too. Both fitness and medical purposes are served with the post-maternity ab belts.