Best Pregnancy Pillows
It’s that time of your life when you are overpowered by ecstatic and pleasurable maternal emotions and weave the sweetest dreams of your upcoming baby.
However, the uncomfortable sleeping postures may make it difficult for you to enjoy a sound sleep. You feel the need to be cuddled and hugged cosily while you are immersed in the thoughts of welcoming your sweetheart growing within you.
A high-quality pregnancy pillow gives you the utmost comfort to go through such a phase with utter calmness and relaxation.
A pregnancy pillow is designed to provide you with the perfect sleeping position. It not only provides luxurious comfort but also gives you the much-needed rest during pregnancy.
8 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Pillow for Tall Women
Best Multifunctional Pillow
Best C-Shaped Pillow
Best Wedge Pillow
Benefits of Using Pregnancy Pillows
The following are the advantages of using a pregnancy pillow.
Allows You to Sleep on Your Stomach
If you are fond of sleeping on your tummy, you have to agree that it gets complicated when pregnant. The good news is that with the right pillow, you’ll still enjoy sleeping on your belly.
Just get yourself the inflatable one and relax in your favourite position without endangering the life of your little one.
Helps to Relieve Heartburns
If you are suffering from heartburn, all you need is a pillow that elevates your body. In that position, stomach acids can’t flow back into the oesophagus and thus the best way to overcome this discomfort.
Helps You to Breathe Better
If you find yourself suffering from shortness of breath, especially at night, get yourself a pregnancy pillow. It will help you position yourself in a way that feels most comfortable.
A pillow will give your body extra relief.
Prevents Tossing and Turning
The results of discomforts in bed are frequent tossing and turning, something that will disrupt your partner’s sleep. If you do not want to bother your partner, get yourself a pregnancy pillow and enjoy the comfort you deserve.
This way, you won’t disturb your partner.
Reduces Pressure on Your Lower Back, Hips, and Pelvis
If you are suffering from pelvic pain, prop a pillow between your knees as this will keep your hips parallel. The exercise will prevent the top knee from getting extended downwards and putting the rest of your torso out of alignment.
Eases Blood Circulation
Doctors recommend pregnant mothers to sleep on the side as the position promotes the flow of blood. However, sleeping on the side becomes challenging as the belly grows bigger from day to day.
A pregnancy pillow makes it possible for a mum to sleep on her side due to its softening and cushioning effects.
Longer Sleeping Time
Pregnancy pillows ease the stress and aches associated with pregnancy enabling a pregnant mother to sleep for long hours. Pillows provide support to the body, allowing her to sleep soundly.
Useful After Delivery
Most pregnancy pillows are also helpful post-delivery. Some are useful in nursing and feeding the baby.
You can also use the pillows when resting, reading or watching a movie. You can also use some as footrests.
Pregnancy Pillows Safety Concerns
Always use inflatable pillows on the floor as it can pose a falling risk should you trying using it on the bed.
Do not sleep on your back as this may limit blood circulation. If you do so, you’ll most likely wake up feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and in great pain.
Do not use your pillow as a baby positioner after delivery. Although most pillows are multifunctional, you’ll only be exposing your baby to suffocation risks.
Types of Pregnancy Pillows
Pregnancy Full Body Pillow
Pregnancy full-body pillows look just like extra-long regular pillows that offer support from the head to the knees.
They correspond to your body’s size and thus the need to consider that feature when purchasing one if looking forward to enjoying the comfort it has to offer.
These pillows prevent tossing and turning to enable you to have a restful sleep.
The good thing about pregnancy full body pillows is that they do not occupy too much space than C-shaped and U shaped ones.
The pillow is also a more inexpensive option, and you’ll also get to use it even after getting your little angel. However, it has a few downsides since it’s not flexible enough and doesn’t offer under belly support.
U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
These pillows are contoured to wrap all around you. They look like two full-length body pillows connected at the centre and will offer support to your back and front.
A U-shaped pillow also provides support to the head, neck, and knees.
These pillows offer unparalleled support and can help you achieve maximum comfort. When using the pillow, you won’t require regular pillows.
Using the pillow can, however, make you hot and only useful for you when pregnant. They are also large and need you to put your bed size into consideration before paying for one.
Inflatable Pregnancy Pillow
If you are a stomach sleeper, this pillow is made keeping you in mind. It comes with a hole in the middle to accommodate your belly.
The pillow will feel like a life raft and make you enjoy all the comfort since you can never sleep on your stomach without it.
Inflatable pregnancy pillows are highly portable and will relieve you of leg and back pain.
However, you can’t use the pillow in bed since doing so will only expose you to the risk of falling and may also not work well for you if you have a long torso.
C-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
Just like the name suggests, these pillows come in the shape of letter C. The pillow will replace your need for extra pillows since it’ll provide you with full-body support.
When using it, one end cradles your head, runs along your back and between your knees for comfort.
The pillow will also prevent you from shifting along throughout the night and thus the best when sharing a bed with your partner. The larger end of the C should go under the head and the smaller one under the knees.
A C-shaped pillow can, however, make you hot and also bulky. These pillows also come at a higher price when compared to others.
Wedge Pregnancy Pillow
Wedge pillows are designed to support a targeted area, mostly your bump or back. They are mainly used under the belly for support so that its weight doesn’t pull it towards the mattress.
A wedge pillow will, therefore, allow you to sleep on your side very comfortably.
You can also use the pillow on your back to prevent you from rolling over if used to sleeping on your back. If you want to elevate your upper body, use it under your head.
The best thing about this pillow is that you’ll still get to use it on many occasions, even after pregnancy like during nursing your little one.
Wedge pillows come at a lower price, will take very little room in your bed, and are also very portable. Their only problem is that they don’t offer full-body support and you’ll, therefore, have to use additional pillows.
Flexible Pregnancy Pillow
A flexible pillow functions almost like a straight body pillow. The only difference is that it’s more adjustable for comfort.
The filling is also different from that of a regular pillow and makes noise when one shifts.
Since they are flexible, you can customize them to your comfort. The pillows also do not take much space in bed when compared to others like the C-shaped one and with it, you won’t require extra pillows.
The downside of flexible pillows is that they make noise due to the filler, come with a higher price tag, and do not offer back support.
The following are the things you need to consider when purchasing a pregnancy pillow.
Always consider the fill material of a pillow before you pay for it.
Pillows come with different fill materials including the regular pillow fill, Styrofoam beads, shredded foam or memory foam, and microbeads.
You need to know that if you choose to go for one with memory foam, it holds its shape but can get quite hot.
A regular filled one comes at a lower price but will compress with time.
Styrofoam filled one will make noise when you shift while those with microbeads are quiet and do not rebound like the regular pillows.
You have to put your bed size into consideration before you pick a pillow. Some pillows are quite bulky and won’t fit/will occupy a lot of space in your bed.
Since you do not want to take all the area leaving none for your partner, select one with your bed size in mind.
Get a pillow that suits your height if you want to get maximum body support and comfort. Pillows come in varying lengths and hence the need to be extra careful.
You do not want to get a pillow that you barely fit in.
A cover makes it easy for you to keep your pillow clean and hygienic. You need to know that you’ll sweat a lot as hormones overwork during the last parts of your pregnancy at the time.
The sweat will end up soaking into your pillow if it doesn’t have a cover making it difficult for you to clean.
Consider your favourite sleeping position when going for a pregnancy pillow.
For example, if you like sleeping on your stomach, you need to get a pillow that allows you to sleep in that position without putting your health and that of your baby into risk.
If you are a side sleeper, get one that will support your tummy and back at the same time. Always strive to get a pillow that will offer you maximum comfort. Don’t go for anything less.
Although you might get tempted to go for a soft pillow, avoid them at all costs. Soft pillows do not provide adequate support and thus the need to go for a firm pillow.
Initially, a firm pillow might feel uncomfortable, but you’ve got nothing to worry about. With time, you’ll get used to it.
Pregnant mothers are prone to suffering from allergies, some of which might lead to breathing difficulties, skin issues, among other problems.
To keep yourself safe from these allergic reactions, ensure that you get a hypoallergenic one.
Always consider the price of a pillow before you purchase it. Remember that you do not have to spend a lot on a pillow.
You might even get surprised to find that a pillow that comes at a low price is much better than a high priced one.
Also, don’t go for a cheaply priced one without considering its quality. If the quality isn’t up to mark, avoid it at all costs.
What use is a pregnancy pillow if it can’t last during your pregnancy period? Go for a durable product even if it means spending a little bit more.
A durable pillow will last the pregnancy period and remain in good shape for post-pregnancy uses.
1. Tishnagi Pregnancy Pillow
This is the most versatile pillow that comforts pregnant, stomach or side sleepers. It comforts your body by providing proper orthopaedic support. The pillow is fluffy yet resilient with a mixture of microfiber filling.
It adjusts according to your sleeping positions and won’t go flat. It keeps your hips, back, legs, knees, and feet in the correct position throughout the night. The pillow does not have any zippers, and it self adapts according to your body.
- The pillow’s cotton fabric is breathable and stretchable
- Its dimensions are 18 x 54 inches
- It covers full body length
- You can adjust the pillow for side and stomach which makes it perfect for pregnancy as well as maternity
- It has a medium-firm that gives you a soft and plush feel and provides perfect support to the neck
- It is machine washable
- The pillow’s outer cover is hypoallergenic and is 100% cotton
- It is dust and mite resistant
- Can also be used as a protector for newborn kids
- Superior quality
- No negative points observed so far
2. Kuber Industries Maternity Pillow
Kuber Industries pregnancy pillow is an ultra-soft and cotton pillow that provides a gentle feel and excellent support for ensuring a pleasurable and comfortable pregnancy journey.
It is not a fluffy sofa cushion but is designed to take the shape of your body. This pillow compresses itself for filling the gap present between your body and the surface.
It is a C-shaped pillow that is designed to provide single side body support. This C-shaped pillow is ideally suitable for those who prefer low raised pillows during sleeping.
- It is a C-shaped pillow that is designed for pregnant ladies who sleep on one side
- You can place the top end of this pregnancy pillow under your head for providing great comfort and support for your neck and shoulders
- You can keep the lower end of this pillow between your legs for supporting your knees and relieves any knee-associated pain
- It is recommended for individuals with body weight in the range of 55 Kgs to 70 Kgs.
- The middle section of this pillow surrounds your waist and provides support for your vertebrae
- It comes along with a zippered and detachable cover that is soft and washable
- It measures 130 x 101 x 25 cms in dimensions, and it is stuffed with microfiber material. These hollow fibres are lightweight and hypoallergenic and exert zero pressure for providing maximum comfort
- This pillow adapts to your shape and provides support for the head, shoulders, belly, full-back, pelvic, knees, and ankles
- This pregnancy pillow relieves pressure from your spine and alleviates the spinal pain associated with the baby’s weight on your belly
- This C-shaped pillow can also be used post-pregnancy as a feeding pillow for your babies
- It provides the perfect support on both the front and back sides
- It provides refreshing, comfortable, and sound sleep
- You need to turn the pillow around if you want to shift sides during sleeping or relaxing
3. Coozly Pregnancy Pillow
During pregnancy, it is essential that women get pampered and should feel as comfortable as possible. Coozly Premium Lyte C shaped pregnancy pillow is one of the products that add comfort to your sleep.
The cotton fibre, which is used to make the product, makes it softer. With a variety of colour options, you can choose according to your wish. Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- The product is packed in a thick coozly zippered bag and then put in a white bag with clip packing. The thick and soft pillow adds comfort to your sleep
- It contains fine, high-quality fibres that are cut to the finest for peaceful sleep
- The cover of these pillows is made up of cotton fabric
- It can be used during pregnancy, reading, lounging, post-pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is the best pillow for side support. People who have a habit of lying towards their sides, it would be a perfect choice
- It comes with extra-wide arms for side body support
- It adheres to Internationally accepted standards to give you the best product
- It comes in a variety of colours
- The pillow is safe for use. It is free from phthalate, latex, lead, and BPA
- After continuous use, it shrinks in size.
4. AVI Pregnancy Pillow
This U-shaped pillow will make your pregnancy journey easy and comfortable. Doctors design it, and it’ll help you a great deal.
The pillow is contoured to keep your head, neck, shoulders, and knees aligned for proper joint positioning. It will help you ease any pain you might be suffering from at the time.
The pillow will help you lie on your left side without rolling back over onto your back or tummy.
You can use the pillow even after your baby is born as it makes a perfect feeding pillow, sitting support pillow, among other uses. Anyone in your family will get to enjoy its comfort.
- Has two contoured legs for proper body alignment and joint positioning
- Fluffy and comfortable for pregnant women
- Light in weight and with zero pressure
- Retains its shape even after a long time of use
- Provides perfect back support
- Light in weight hence portable
- Easy to clean
- The stitching of the pillow could be better
5. Cloth Fusion Pregnancy Pillow
Here comes another U-shaped pillow that will enable you to get a good night sleep during your pregnancy period. It’s made of 100% cotton thus of high-quality and durable.
The pillow will also ergonomically provide you with maximum comfort. The pillow is long enough to support your body every time you retire to bed full.
It will relieve you of pain for a comfortable night. With it, you won’t disturb your partner with constant tossing and turning.
It can also offer you comfort when reading, nursing your little one or watching the TV. It comes with a zippered cover that makes it easy to remove and wash.
- Long enough to provide your entire body with comfort
- Made of 100% pure cotton thus long-lasting
- Multifunctional and therefore useful even after delivery
- Comes in a full-body fitting size
- Has soft fabric therefore extremely comfortable
- Comes with a free pillow cover case with zipper
- Machine washable
- The pillow’s fillings collect on one side
6. AmazingHind Maternity Pillow
Are you looking for a C-shaped pillow for your comfort? You can never go wrong with this pillow from AmazingHind.
It is more than just a pillow for pregnant moms since anyone who needs support, especially when recovering from a surgery can get to use it.
Just like most pregnancy pillows in this list, the pillow is multifunctional and will, therefore, be of great help if you want to relax and watch a movie, require support when reading your favourite movie among other things.
- Comes with a 100% jersey knit cover that is machine washable
- Has polyfill that makes it comfortable and durable at the same time
- Comes in a beautiful colour that soothes the eyes
- Provides a perfect balance between comfort and support
- Relieves all types of body pain
- Most convenient and comfortable for pregnant ladies
- Comes with a single stitch and not very sturdy
7. Baybee Pregnancy Pillow
This pillow is a great contoured pregnancy pillow. It is made from a uniquely soft cotton material that allows you to shape it into any position you when sleeping or relaxing.
It will relax all parts of your body, enabling you to have an easy time during your pregnancy period. The pillow is ideal for shoulder pain, back pain, and leg swelling.
The pillow comes with perforated material with airflow ventilation technology. The technology makes the pillow cooler enabling you to enjoy all the comfort when sleeping.
It will support your tummy and back at the same time keeping you and your baby safe at all times.
- Made from unique and soft cotton material that shapes into any position
- Comes in a compact and comfortable size
- Comes with an easy to remove and store zippered cover
- 100% breathable and comfortable
- Supports your back and tummy at the same time
- The ventilation technology keeps it cool at all times.
- Easy to shape into any position
- It is smaller in size
8. The White Willow Wedge
If looking for a wedge pillow, do not hesitate to select the White Willow Orthopedic Wedge. The design will enable them to sit comfortably anywhere.
It’s made from medical grade high resilience foam and unique to help pregnant moms and people suffering from back pains.
The pillow offers the much needed elevated support without putting undue strain. It also provides unappalled support from the high resilience foam material, helping to reduce any stress on your lower back.
By supporting your shoulders and upper back, the pillow promotes a better sleep position.
The ergonomically shaped pillow not only allows you to sleep better but also prevents orthopaedic health issues on your spine, back and shoulders.
It also reduces the cases of acid reflux, snoring, common colds, among others. If suffering from a sprained knee or ankle, this pillow will come in handy.
- Filled with a medical-grade high resilience foam and therefore comfortable
- Supports the lower back and shoulders to promote a better sleep position
- It is ergonomically shaped to improve your sleep posture.
- Hard enough but still soft for you to rest on
- Protects the user from orthopaedic health-related issues
- Elevates your upper body for maximum comfort
- Made from high-quality foam thus durable
- Steep and takes some time to get used to
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to place a pillow between the legs when pregnant?
Placing a pillow between your legs helps to prevent sciatic nerve pain. The pillow also supports your upper knees every time you sleep on your side, enabling you to sleep comfortably.
2. Do I need to wash my pillow?
Yes, you’ll have to wash your pillow since it’ll get dirty over time. Keep in mind the manufacturer’s instructions while doing so. In most cases, you’ll get the instructions on a tag attached to your pillow.
3. Can a pregnancy pillow prevent me from rolling on my back?
Yes. A pregnancy pillow will always keep you safe from rolling on your back.
All you need to do is place a wedge pillow under your back or go for a pillow that supports your full body, one that runs along the backside of your body.
4. Why does my neck hurt after using a pregnancy pillow?
If your neck hurts, it merely means that your pillow is too thick or not offering proper support. Always ensure that your neck aligns with the spine.
If it’s too low or high, it’ll inflict pain on your neck and shoulders.
5. Can I use my pregnancy pillow when breastfeeding my baby?
Yes. Most pregnancy pillows are flexible and thus can be used while breastfeeding your little one. Avoid using a wedge pillow as it isn’t an ideal shape for nursing.
6. How do I tell that a pillow is safe for me to use?
All you need to do is get a pillow that fits you well. It should conform to your body and be hypoallergenic if possible.
Also, ensure that it is not made of materials that contain phthalates and other harsh chemicals if you don’t want to suffer from allergic reactions.
7. When should I start using a pregnancy pillow?
When to start solely depends on you. There’s no set time that one should start using the pillows, the moment you begin experiencing discomforts, that’s the time you need to start using one.
However, some doctors advise you to start using one 20 weeks into your pregnancy when you start sleeping on your side.
8. Can a pregnancy pillow ease heartburn?
Yes. A pregnancy pillow will prevent you from suffering from heartburn as it props your torso up, keeping acids out of the oesophagus. If suffering from heartburn from time to time, get yourself a wedge pillow.
It is the best for this function.
9. Can I use a regular pillow?
You can use regular pillows during your pregnancy, but then, you’ll have to get several of them in your bed, which isn’t quite convenient. You’ll have to keep on repositioning them every night, which can be quite tiring.
If possible, go instead for a pregnancy pillow that comes specifically designed for that purpose to avoid all the trouble.
10. Which is the best pillow to use?
A full-body pillow is an ideal choice but it often depends on your ailments. For example, a wedge pillow will not function in the same as a full body pillow. The same case applies to an inflatable one.
Therefore, you need to identify whatever is causing your discomfort if you are looking forward to getting the best. Please don’t go for a pillow because your friend selected it; she might be suffering from a different problem altogether.
The pregnancy pillows provide comfortable sleep during pregnancy that you don’t get from normal pillows. These pillows are stuffed with soft and adjustable fill material that ensures superior cushioning and enhanced comfort.
These pregnancy pillows come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. They are ergonomically and innovatively designed pillows that ensure perfect back, neck, and spine alignment.
They provide snugly fitting and awesome support for the complete body. These pillows work wonders for your sleep in every sleeping posture, including sleeping sideways or on your back. They are your trusted sleeping companion during pregnancy.