10 Best Wireless Earbuds
‘’One thing good about music when it hits you, you feel no pain’’ – Bob Marley
Music has become one of the most versatile forms of entertainment for people of all ages. It is a stress buster, mood lifter and overall it is felt in the form of a beat. One of the essential accessories for listening to music is headphones.
There are various types of headphones like Bluetooth earbuds, on-ear earphones, in-ear headphones, and over-ear earphones, however, currently, the ones gaining popularity are wireless earbuds.
Ever wanted to listen to music or talk to someone as fast as possible but those pesky wires keep getting tangled and going all over the place? Well with wireless earbud those problems are far gone. There is a reason why these earbuds are called ‘wireless’; it is because these are almost or completely devoid of wires.
This brings us to the topic- Types of wireless earbuds which is elaborated further in the article. We also provide insight into the working of wireless earbuds while the buyers’ guide explains all the factors to be remembered while making a purchase. We have also reviewed the top ten best wireless earbuds available in Amazon along with their links.
Top 10 Wireless Earbuds
Best Wireless Earbuds for Workout
Best Deep Boosted Bass
For Personalized Music
Value for Price
Charging Case for Convenience
Largest Battery Life
The Compact and Lightweight Design
Working Of Wireless Earbuds
Wireless earbuds are any such earbuds that can be connected to a smartphone, TV, computer or laptop without any physical connection between the wire and the device. They use Bluetooth to work by using a low power radio signal to digitally transfer sound. They have the same range as of a TV remote, but their high portability makes it suitable for a walk around listening.
However, being a radio technology, a constant line of sight is not required to listen to music. For listening to music, the earbuds must be put into the ears and activated, usually with a button press. The receiver then comes online and begins transmitting the radio waves. The Bluetooth receiver on the other device must be manually activated, and they both have to be connected. Now the customer can use the earbuds as he would normally.
A major disadvantage is that the earphones do not come with huge batteries and must be charged constantly for use. Normal wireless earbuds can be charged as a smartphone may be charged as it comes with an inbuilt micro USB slot. True wireless earbuds, however, come with a charging port and must be placed in it to charge.
Types Of Wireless Earbuds
These are very popular, and they work very similarly to normal earbuds except there is no physical connection between the phone and the earbuds. A receiver is present in the wire through which the data is transmitted through the drivers. They do have a wire between the earbuds to connect them which makes them different from true wireless earbuds.
They are normally cheaper than true wireless earbuds. These earphones can be of the piston type, bullet type or in-ear type.
True Wireless Earbuds
The true wireless earbuds are as the name suggests, truly wireless as they have no connecting piece of wire between them. They simply consist of the drivers and are the costliest.
The Bluetooth receiver is present in the drivers themselves. They are the most convenient as they are extremely portable and easy to use.
Buyer’s Guide For Wireless Earbuds
Firstly it is necessary to decide between the two types of wireless earbuds – Wireless earbuds and Truly wireless earbuds. They both offer a comfortable fit and a great sound quality. However, true wireless is lightweight and are more expensive than only wireless earbuds. Thus, choose as per your preference.
Battery Standby/Music Time
Wireless earbuds use Lithium-ion batteries that are rechargeable. Thus, go for a product whose battery has a high standby with a single charge. This ensures you have longer music or talk time with a single charge. A music time of 8-9 hours is preferable.
A noise cancellation feature enables you to enjoy your music without disturbances from the surroundings. This feature blocks out all the outside noise while you listen to music or when you are in an essential call without having to blast the sound. This is very convenient and also saves your eardrums.
The wireless earbuds operate using Bluetooth connections. Go for a Bluetooth version that is compatible with your smartphone or any other device. The connection should be strong and should work correctly even at a range of 30 m. This allows you to roam freely and enjoy your music.
The earbuds you purchase should have the snuggest fit. Ensure that they come with three sizes of earbuds (small, medium, large) so that you can choose the one with the most comfortable fit.
The earbuds should stay in place and not come off. This allows you to use them easily even while running or intense workouts in the gyms.
Design and Controls
Go for a lightweight and compact design so that they are comfortable to wear and also easy to carry around. They should be stylish and also lightweight enough to not feel it even when wearing them on your ears.
Go for earbuds that come with controls such as power off, volume controls and answering or rejecting calls which allow easy operation with just a touch of the button.
Certain wireless earphones also have voice commands that enable you to gain assistance from Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant without having to take out your phones from the pocket. This is an added advantage which is a must-have!
Go for a wireless earphone that comes with IP-X4 or IP-X7 sweat/splash-proof protection.This keeps your earbuds well protected from sweat during an intense workout, training and also rain. So sweat-proof earbuds increase the durability of the accessory while also making them gym friendly.
Go for a brand like Skullcandy, Bose, Boat Rockerz, etc. These brands come with a guarantee on their earbud models. The minimum warranty should be one year. This allows you to listen to your favorite tracks without having to worry about purchasing a new one.
Price is another important factor for any product. True wireless earbuds are much more expensive than just wireless earbuds. While certain brands like Bose come in a range of 10k-15k but are completely worth their price. Wireless earbuds are available in all prices however for a good model try to go for a higher price.
Go for an earphone that offers a good stereo sound quality with a base sound. The sound coming from both the earbuds should be in synchronization without any distortion. Thus, check the quality of sound before you purchase the product.
1. CrossBeats Wave Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Earphones For Mobile With Mic And Carry Case – Our Choice
Crossbeats has a wide range of great wireless earphones. The Cross beats Wave is a true HD wireless earbud that uses a V4.1+EDR Bluetooth version in a range of 10 m.
Moreover, it also provides a comfortable fit that allows you to wear the earbuds the entire day comfortably. It comes with a built-in mic and a cord clip to adjust the wire. These cool features make it our number one choice.
- It is a true HD wireless earbud that operates using the Bluetooth version V4.1+EDR.
- The earbuds have the longest music times of 8 hours and a standby up to 240 hours with a single charge.
- The operating range is 10 m.
- It comes with a CVC6.0 noise reduction feature with IPX-7 waterproof protection.
- It has a built-in battery of 120 mAH with a charging time of 1.5 hours.
- Crossbeats Wave comes with a 12 months replacement warranty ensuring a risk-free purchase.
- It is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices.
- The earphones provide an adjustable, comfortable fit, and it comes with a choice of ear tips between small, medium or large sizes.
- It has a superior noise reduction feature with expandable foam ear-tips that block all outside noise which allows you to listen to your music or important call without having to blast the sound. This saves your eardrums.
- The built-in microphone allows you to have control over answering calls, sound, pause and forward/reverse music.
- It comes with accessories like a carry case for easy portable storage and a cord clip that can shorten the wire to fit your back neck or head.
- The noise reduction feature is not up to the mark.
2. Tagg Inferno, Wireless Bluetooth Earphone With Mic + Carry Case – Best Wireless Earbuds for Workout
The Tagg Inferno allows you to enjoy guitar solos, treble and strong bass like you’re listening to them live. The wireless earphone uses a Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology along with AptX and cutting-edge components.
It has a sweat and splash proof design making it an ideal choice for daily commuters or gym enthusiasts. It is comfortable, durable and also stylish making it one of our top recommendations.
- Tagg Inferno is a Wireless earphone that comes with a Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology, AptX, and cutting-edge components.
- It comes with the CVC 6.0 Noise cancellation technology for a better listening experience.
- The efficient and convenient earbuds allow you to enjoy an enriched listening experience without the interference of noise from the surrounding.
- The wireless earphones have an in-built Lithium-ion battery of 100 mAH which provides a music time of 7 hours with a standby time of up to 180 hours.
- The battery provides a talk time of 8-9 hrs.
- The In-ear headphones come with an IPX4 Sweat/Dust/Splash Resistant design.
- It comes with a 12-month replacement warranty.
- It is compatible and ensures fast pairing with all Bluetooth enabled devices.
- The in-ear headphones have a comfortable, durable and ergonomic designthat ensures that it always stays in place even while running, jogging or while working out at the gym.
- The built-in microphone along with the noise cancellation feature allows you to have hands free phone conversations along with skype or video conference calls.
- The nano-coating technology protects the earbuds from sweat while working out.
- A user experienced a disturbance in the connection and sound during long phone calls.
3. boAt Rockerz 255 Sports Bluetooth Wireless Earphone with Immersive Stereo Sound and Hands Free Mic – Best Deep Boosted Bass
The boat is a popular lifestyle brand that deals with electronics like speakers, headphones, earphones, etc. It is the best choice for those who love bass music. It provides deep boosted bass in HD sound quality.
The earbuds operate using the latest 4.1 Bluetooth technology that is compatible with all iOS and Android devices. The model is also available in three color options- Active Black, Neon and Raging Red that add to the overall look.
- The Boat Rockers wireless earphones are powered by Qualcomm CSR8635 Chipset that provides high functionality to the model.
- It operates using the latest 4.1 Bluetooth technology.
- The Li-polymer battery of 110 mAH requires 10 minutes of charge to offer you 45 minutes of play time. The battery can last up to 6 hours
- It has an IPX-4 rating waterproof feature that protects your earphones from sweat or rain.
- It comes with three color options – Active Black, Neon and Raging Red.
- It is compatible with all iOS and Android devices.
- The earphone comes with a one-year replacement warranty.
- These earphones have a lightweight, ergonomic design with a comfortable fit that is made of premium materials offering both style and sturdiness to the model.
- It has free access and inline controls that allow you to toggle the volume, skip tracks, attend calls, and activate Siri, Google Now or Cortana voice-controlled Smartphone assistants.
- It comes with a hands-free mic that allows you to stay edgy with voice commands and have phone conversations as well.
- It provides a powerful HD sound with deep boosted bass.
- It does not come with a pouch or carrying case.
- The sound quality during phone calls is not up to the mark.
4. Jabra Elite Active 65t Alexa Enabled True Wireless Sports Earbuds with Charging Case – For Personalized Music
Jabra provides you with a range of personal and professional sound solutions that offer a better listening experience. The Jabra Elite 65t is a true wireless, lightweight earbud that is designed for music, calls, and sport. It uses the 5.0 Bluetooth version and comes with an IP56 sweat and dust proof feature.
It can also gain assistance from Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant using its voice command feature. The best feature of this earbud is that you can personalize your music using the equalizer via the Jabra Sound+ App.
- The Jabra Elite 65t is a true wireless earphone that operates using 5.0 version Bluetooth.
- It is designed specifically for music, calls, and sport.
- It has a four technology microphone.
- The battery can charge in 15 minutes to give 1.5 hours battery life.
- It comes with an accelerometer and IP56 protection against sweat and dust.
- The Jabra Elite 65t comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- It has the power to last up to 8 hours providing you uninterrupted music for a day.
- The product has the best fit along with the flexible memory wire neckband that remembers its shape and contours to your neck.
- You can personalize your music using the equalizer via the Jabra Sound+ App.
- Can be connected to 2 devices simultaneously. It has good range and good noise cancellation technique
- You have easy access to Siri, Alexa and Google assistant using the voice command of this earphone.
- It is very expensive compared to other wireless earphones.
- Some users complained about the white noise in the background
5. Bose Sound Sport Free Truly Wireless Sport Earphone – Value for Price
Bose is a leading brand of consumer electronics including sound systems, home, and audio systems along with accessories such as earphones and headphones. These earbuds from Bose come with sweat as well as weather resistance ensuring its durability.
They offer the best sound quality and comfort. Moreover, you do not have to worry about losing your earbuds because of the Bose connect App’s “find My buds” feature and the magnetized case which keeps them together.
- It is a true wireless earphone from Bose with easy Bluetooth pairing.
- The earphones are sweat and weather resistant as it is made of water-repellent mesh with an IPX4 rating.
- It comes with three lithium-ion batteries with 5-hour battery life and a charging time of 2 hours.
- The Audio-video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 can be improved with the Firmware update.
- It has three color variations for you to choose from- Black, Bright Orange, and Midnight Blue/Citron.
- The Bose earbuds come with a one year warranty.
- You can track lost earbuds with the Bose connect App’s “find My buds” feature.
- The earbuds offer a comfortable and secure fit as it comes with three size options to choose from (Small, medium and large).
- It ensures total freedom of movement along with packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful.
- The noise cancellation feature is good.
- It comes with a magnetized case that keeps your earbuds protected and holds them in place, and while it sits inside the case, it also charges up.
- It ensures easy to control that allows you to take calls, play or pause tracks, control the volume and access your phone’s Siri or Google assistant.
- As per a user review, the left and right earbuds do not synchronize properly.
- Some complained about the durability
6. OnePlus Bullets Wireless Earphones – Magnetic Control
OnePlus Bullets comes with a magnetic control feature that allows you to turn off the music automatically by clipping the bullets together and play the music by simply separating them.
This makes it very convenient during traveling or working out in the gyms. It provides a smooth performance when paired with OnePlus 6T however it works well with other devices as well.
- The OnePlus Bullet is a Wireless earphone that provides smooth performance when paired with OnePlus 6T.
- It comes with a magnetic control feature.
- The earphone is constructed with aluminum alloy with a stretch resistant cable that connects the earphone.
- It uses a Lithium-ion battery that provides 5 hours of sound with just 10 minutes charge.
- The earphones come with 3 Fins, 1 USB charging cable, a storage bag, User manual, Safety, and Warranty card.
- It has a one year warranty.
- The perfectly weighted aluminum alloy construction keeps your earphones in place even when working out.
- The magnetic control allows you to turn off the music automatically by clipping the bullets together and play the music by simply separating them.
- You can access Google assistant conveniently using these earphones without having to take out the phone from your pocket.
- It provides clear sound on the move along with convenient switching between calls, music and Google assistant.
- As per a user reviews the earphones do not provide bass sound.
- Noise cancellation feature is not up to the mark.
7. Noise Shots X5 Truly Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Earphones – Charging Case for Convenience
The Noise Shot X5 is truly a wireless earphone that allows you to enjoy high-quality music. It comes with a charging case battery of 2200 mAH which makes charging an easy option.This also prevents you from losing either one of the earbuds. The battery has a standby time of 180 hours which provides 4 hours of music or talk time on a single charge.
- This is a Truly Wireless Earphone that operates using the 5.0 Bluetooth version.
- It is compatible with all Bluetooth versions as well.
- It comes with 4-hour music or talks time with a single charge.
- The battery has a standby time of 180 hours.
- It comes with three sets of high-quality soft silicone earbuds.
- The earbuds are splash proof IPX5.
- It has a charging case battery of 2200 mAH.
- The earbud has a one-year manufacturing warranty.
- The earbuds have an ergonomic design that offers comfort and ensures that they stay in the ears without falling off.
- You can use your voice to get assistance from Siri and Google Assistant.
- The splash-proof feature allows you to work out peacefully without having to worry about damage from sweat.
- It comes with A2DP support that transfers music with little distortion, and Digital Signal Processor allows tuning for you to enjoy high-quality music.
- As per a user review, there were complaints of distortion while listening to music at a high volume.
8. Skullcandy Inkd Wireless in Ear with Mic – Largest Range
The Skullcandy INKD is a wireless earphone that has an 8-hour Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. One-third of it is comprised of its flexible battery. It is extremely good as it comes with a large 30 feet Bluetooth range and it has a 2-year warranty. The earbuds come with a built-in mic and remote. These are the reasons why the Skullcandy INKD has a spot on our list
- It is a wireless earphone that comes with a 30 feet Bluetooth range.
- It comes with an 8 hours Lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The earbuds come with a built-in mic and remote.
- It has a flexible collar that can pack up to one-third of its size.
- You manage your calls and music on these Bluetooth earbuds with the built-in mic and remote and also track and control volume.
- The noise isolating fit enhances the clear audio of all the music types.
- The flexible collar enables quick and convenient storage in pockets and bag.
- No such cons were mentioned.
9. Sony – C400 Wireless Behind-Neck in Ear Headphone Black – Largest Battery Life
The Sony C400 is a wireless earphone that operates on a Bluetooth 4.2 version. These earphones have a Near Field Communication(NFC) and Bluetooth technology that operates with a one-touch for instant connectivity. With a charge of 4.5 hours, the device can be used for 20 hours of battery life or music and talk time. It even comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- The charging time is 4.5 hours
- It is designed with a neckband for comfort.
- It consists of easy operation buttons to play, stop or skip through tracks and adjust the volume.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- It has a comfortable and lightweight design with a neckband that allows you to wear them for the entire day while ensuring the earbuds stay in place.
- The neckband comes with a vibrating feature that notifies you when there is a call.
- You can activate your smartphone’s voice assistant features or make hands-free calls.
- The cable is stored conveniently preventing tangles with the cable adjuster and stopper.
- The Bluetooth connectivity is not up to the mark.
10. Chevron Wireless Bluetooth V4.2 Earphones with Deep Bass Stereo Sound – The Compact and Lightweight Design
These truly wireless earbuds provide you with a deep bass sound using the Bluetooth version 4.2. It is designed to have the snuggest fit so that it remains in your ears comfortably without coming off. Moreover, these are compact making it very easy to carry around and are lightweight making you forget that you have them on. These features along with the noise cancellation take you to a world where you can enjoy music while forgetting your surroundings.
- The truly wireless earbuds are stereo headsets that operate using Bluetooth with the version 4.2.
- It is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows.
- It has a Bluetooth connectivity range of 33 feet.
- The earbuds are IP-X4 sweat proof and have high-fidelity sound.
- The CVC 6.0 noise cancellation technology ensures that perfect sound is provided.
- The single earphone provides 7-hour playtime/120 hours while the second earphones provide 4-hour playtime/120 hours standby on a single charge.
- It has the snuggest fit with a built-in microphone.
- They are compact and lightweight which makes you forget you have them on.
- The multi-functional button allows easy operation and controls (power on, power off, answering a call, ending a call, rejecting a call) with just a single button.
- It has a stable and ergonomic design that ensures that the earbuds remain in place even during workouts.
- The earbuds lose synchronization while playing as per a user.
Earphones have become a very important part of an individuals life. The wireless earphones allow you to enjoy music while relaxing, traveling, and also during workout sessions in gyms. There is a wide range of wireless earphones available in the market which makes it confusing for the buyer to choose from. This article hopes to help every buyer for making the right purchase.
Here we come to an end of the article. Follow the buyers guide before choosing one of the top ten recommendations provided by us. We have reviewed all the ten products and come to the conclusion that Crossbeats Wave wireless earphones are a must have. You can also choose any of the remaining 9 and purchase them from the links provided.