Best Waterproof Earphones
Headphones are commonly used audio accessories these days, and mostly all generations use it. It’s a unique way to listen without causing any disturbance to surroundings and also keeping oneself entertained. From the days of walk-man till today, headphones have evolved tremendously.
In today’s world, headphones are the most common accessory. Some use it for listening to music while others use it to talk, and some use it for doing both. Some of us need headphones for running, swimming, or climbing. But an average headphone won’t be able to do that since the water, dust and other harsh things will damage it.
So, keeping these things in mind waterproof headphones were introduced, and since then, there has been no looking back. Waterproof headphones are designed to give you the ultimate experience by letting you use it under any weather conditions with ease and comfort.
In this guide, you will find out what are the various types of headphones, Various factors to consider before buying a waterproof headphone along with the list of 11 best waterproof bluetooth earphones India available in the market.
Top 11 Best Waterproof Earphones
Types Of Headphones
Wired or Wireless
It is essential to consider this feature as there are both the kinds available and preferences differ as well.
Headphone fit :
Some earphones have earbuds to fit in the ears, which is the most common type.
Over the ear headphones
These are designed to go over the ears to give a comfortable fit
On the ear headphones
These are designed in a way that they go on the ear while you listen to music
Not all the headphones have the noise-canceling feature, and you have to know this before buying one.
Microphone based Earphones
Most of the headphones may have microphones, which is an important feature.
Waterproof Headphones Buyer’s Guide
Go for a headphone that comes with touch control options like volume, pause, and play for call and music. This ensures extra convenience to the user. Also, hands-free calling is another vital function as it is very helpful for answering calls even during workouts.
The headphones should come with earbuds or hooks that offer a secure fit and are comfortable to the ears. It should not hurt your ears even after long hours of use. Moreover, going for a wireless headphone saves you the hassle of constantly having to sort out the wires while running, swimming, or during workout sessions.
One has to set a budget before buying any waterproof headphone. There is a range of headphones available in the market, and hence setting a budget is vital to find the desired one.
Purpose of purchase
People usually buy headphones for entertainment purposes but investing in a waterproof headphone can be a little different. Some might buy it without any definite purpose while others may buy it to use during gym or while swimming. So the goal has to be clear before purchasing.
Wired or wireless
Some headphones are wired, and some may be wireless, and it is crucial to decide which one fulfills the demands of the user. Wireless earphones are much more convenient to use, and they do not create any problems for the user. They have Bluetooth and can be connected to mobile phones and can be used easily.
A bud seal is an essential criterion in choosing headphones. They ensure a better hearing experience. They fit better in the ears and do not fall off unlike other earphones, and hence it becomes comfortable for the user to listen wearing the bud sealed earphones.
A few earphones have the noise cancellation feature, which is extremely useful. This cancels out all the additional noise, which gives the user a better listening experience without any hassles. But not all the earphones offer this fantastic feature. This also plays a significant part in the price of the headset as they differ according to this aspect.
The wireless earphones have a built-in battery which differs from brand to brand, and that is a great advantage. This is an essential feature since it will help the user to enjoy music for a more extended period.
Most of the earphones are generally lightweight, and that is an crucial aspect to be considered before buying any headsets. If it is heavy, then it will become uncomfortable to wear and carry around. Lightweight earphones are super easy to wear and be comfortable in them. They do not lack any features and are all-round products.
An earphone’s strength is an essential factor to be kept in mind. Most of the brands offer great products, and hence, they are durable and last for a long time and thus giving full value for money.
There are many waterproof headphones in the market, but not all of them are the same, they differ according to their technicalities.
Firstly, grades IPX7 and IPX8 that applies to the range of waterproofing, which varies according to the depths of water. Most of the earphones are graded IPX7, which means that it offers 1m depth for 30 mins. Others are graded IPX8, which implies to 2m depth for 1 hour.
IPX Rating Chart
It is also essential to keep in mind that some waterproof earphones means that they can only resist sweat and rain. They are not made to last underwater or swimming session while some offer both.
The sound quality of any earphone is an essential factor and something that cannot be compromised with. With the perfect combination of bass and treble, a headset offers us the best sound quality. If the sound quality is poor, then the whole purpose of buying the earphone can be a waste.
Top 11 Best Waterproof Headphones
1. Boult Audio ProBass Wireless Earphones
The Boult In-ear waterproof headphones ensure an HD Surround sound listening experience even in the shower, while swimming or during intense workout sessions.
The silicone loops provide a snug fit for added comfort while the built-in mic enables hands-free calling. It also comes with a noise cancellation feature so that you can completely disconnect from the surrounding and enjoy listening to music in your own space.
- These are in-ear headphones.
- Ensures wireless connectivity within a 10-meter range.
- IPX7 waterproof rating.
- Built-in mic for hands-free calling.
- Controls: answer, reject calls, play, pause, forward and rewind music.
- Comes with built-in micro-woofers and is enhanced with Neodymium technology.
- Comes with flexible silicone ear loops.
- The battery ensures 10-12 hours of run time and standby time of 2 days.
- Powered by Qualcomm’s CSR 8635 Bluetooth Chipset along with CVC Audio Tech and 5 Band Equalizer.
- Compatible with iOS, PCs, laptops, tablets, Smart TVs and Bluetooth enables smartphones.
- Ideal for swimming, dancing in the rain, workout and shower.
- The ear loops provide a comfortable and snug fit.
- Provides HD audio enhanced with extra bass and 3 D surround sound.
- Voice command allows you to give instructions to Siri and Google assistant.
- Ergonomic design with passive noise cancellation feature.
- The connectivity was not good.
2. CrossBeats Wave Waterproof Wireless Earphones
This headphone is a certified waterproof product and is loaded with all the features that you may be looking for in a headphone. You can wear it with ease because of its superb fit and its lightweight, and so you won’t feel any discomfort at all. This will make a good purchase for anyone who plans on buying a waterproof headphone. It has great sound quality as well, which makes it a fantastic headphone.
- It has HD sound quality which gives superior audio output
- It has a super comfortable fit
- It has a noise reduction feature that cuts out unnecessary sounds
- It has a battery life of 9 hours with 2 hours charging
- It has a built-in microphone that can be used to answer calls
- Incredible True HD Sound quality
- Super Comfortable and secure fit
- IPX7 WATERPROOF and SWEAT-PROOF Bluetooth earbuds feel great to wear and will never fall out.
- Superior Noise Reduction
- Longest playtime up to 9 hours in one charge.
- Control over calls and talk
- Poor Servicing
- Noise Reduction is not so good
3. TAGG Inferno 2.0 Wireless Sports Bluetooth
This headphone is from the house of Tagg and is a great product as well. It has incredible features that make it an efficient headphone. It has a comfortable and stylish fit. It can be used in the toughest of situations, and it will deliver maximum output. It is wireless, which is a bonus considering how messy wired headphones are. This one is uniquely designed as well and will sit perfectly inside the ears, and it also has excellent sound output.
- It gives full HD sound output
- The battery can last up to 7 hours of music playtime and 180 hrs of standby time.
- It has a comfortable and ergonomic design that keeps the headphone in place even while running or jogging
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It is lightweight and hence its a great fit in the ears
- It is wireless and hence no mess
- IPX7 rated water resistance
- Comes with full call control
- Longer Listening: 100 mAH in-built rechargeable lithium-Ion battery provides up to 7 hours of music playtime and 180 hrs of standby time.
- TAGG provides 12 months hassle-free warranty to ensure the enjoyment of your purchase.
- Distance covered through Bluetooth not more than 20ft
- Noise Cancellation is not so good
4. Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
Bose is an international company and has an excellent reputation in the area of speakers and headphones. This headphone right here is one of their masterpieces and is a great product. It is wireless and thus no worry of the cords getting tangled to each other. It has fantastic features and can be used under any weather conditions. This headphone will make a great buy.
- It can be paired with other devices using Bluetooth and NFC
- It has a great stay hear tips which keep the headphones in place even during intense workouts
- It has up to 6 hours of battery life per charge
- It is sweat and water-resistant
- It has an inline microphone and remote which can be used to take calls or give voice commands
- It has advanced speakers that drown noisy surroundings for optimum enjoyment of songs and also to receive calls
- The sound that Stays True to your Music
- Easy Wireless Connection
- Improved StayHear+ Tips
- Inline Mic and Remote
- No Noise cancellation feature
- Battery life could have been better
5. JBL Endurance Jump
The best feature of this IPX7 rated durable waterproof in-ear headphone is it power hook that ensures a secure fit which keeps it from coming off while running or working out. The hook also automatically shuts the power on or off when you put on or take them off. Moreover, it also ensures fast charge and easy control of calls or music with its one-touch remote function.
- Type: In-ear headphones.
- Comes with a powerful hook that can automatically switch on and off the power when you put on or take off the earphones.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth.
- Features a wireless neckband and twist-lock ear tips.
- Battery life and playback time of 8 hours.
- Comes with touch controls, including play, pause, and volume.
- It has IPX7 waterproof protection.
- Available colors: black, blue, red, yellow, teal.
- Ten minutes of charge can ensure 1 hour of use.
- Durable and built to last in all weather conditions.
- Touch controls allow you to manage calls and music with extra convenience.
- Ensures hands-free calling, making it ideal for workout sessions.
- As per a user, the treble sound is too sharp, and high volume hurts the ear.
6. Sony NW-WS413 Walkman
Sony is not an unknown brand to any of us, and hence, this headphone is a fantastic product as well. It is waterproof and perfect to be carried during intense workouts or a quick swim. It has a great battery life, and hence you can use without any hassles. It has an internal memory as well, which can be used to store songs and therefore no requirement for any external device for that matter.
- It has a 4GB capacity
- It has a high-speed USB connection
- It is an all in one design for handsfree workouts
- It has playback as well as display settings
- It has a high-performance music player
- It has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- It works completely fine even in salty water
- It can be worn comfortably during workouts and also has a comfortable fit
- It has swimming earbuds that can be used while swimming
- It can handle almost any weather conditions from -5 to 45 degrees Celsius
- A 3 mins charge can give a battery life up to 60 minutes
- It protects itself from sand and dust
- It has an Ambient Sound Mode which helps one to hear sounds from the surroundings even while listening to music
- Ambient Sound Mode
- It can withstand dust, sand, and almost any weather condition
- Wrap-Around Headband for Free Movement
- Quick Charge, 12-Hour Battery
- Waterproof Even in Salt Water
- It has an average battery life
7. Panasonic RP-BTS50-K 3D Flex Sport Clip In-Ear
This headphone is from the house of Panasonic and is a fantastic product. It has a stylish design which can also be worn with ease.
It can withstand any weather conditions and hence can be used anywhere without any doubts. It has a great sound output system, too, which is an ultimate requirement for any headphone. It is a great product and would make a great purchase as well.
- It is retractable, compact and lightweight
- It is compatible with most of the smartphones
- It has deep clear sound with powerful bass
- It has a rugged, waterproof shield
- The earbuds and a few other parts are also washable
- It has a rechargeable battery with up to 6 hours of playback
- The Bluetooth can stay connected to the device up to a distance of 33 ft.
- It has the 3D flex feature which allows the headphone to take shape according to ears
- The headphone stays in place even during intense workouts and activities
- Stays in place for high impact activity with Quick-Fit adjuster
- Deep, clear sound with powerful bass
- Completely washable, IPX5 graded
- 3D flex sport clip design molds to your ear
- It has an average battery life
- It is an expensive product
8. Zipbuds 26 Wireless Sport In-Ear Headphones
This is another excellent headphone which has some amazing features that cannot be ignored. It is superbly designed to give the ultimate comfort during intense workouts or jogging. It is wireless, and hence, it does not become messy during usage. It fits in your ears comfortably to give you the best experience.
- It has audiophile technology that gives you the best audio experience that is unmatched
- It provides HD quality sound
- It has 144 custom-fit designs that will make it extremely comfortable to wear
- It has a super-powerful battery that can last up to 15 hours with a minimum charging time
- It can withstand any weather conditions and is completely sweat and waterproof
- It has a feather-light design and hence is exceptionally comfortable
- It has Bluetooth and thus can be connected with most of the smartphones
- Audiophile sound with builtin subwoofer
- Distortion-free HD sound at any volume
- Up to 15 hours of play/talk time + 400 hrs on standby
- It is an expensive headphone
- Forward/Back control missing
9. ZAAP (USA) Aqua Gear Bluetooth Waterproof Headphones
This is a USA based company that has given great audio devices, and this is one of them. It is a great waterproof headphone that has many features, which makes it a good purchase. It is made to withstand any weather conditions and also sweat during your intense workout sessions. It is nicely designed to give a comfortable fit while you wear them and work at the same time.
- It is 100% waterproof and can efficiently work under any weather conditions
- It has high fidelity sound and will give a superior sound output
- It can be connected to phones with the help of Bluetooth and can work even from 33 meters away
- It has an inbuilt microphone that helps during calls
- It has a battery life of up to 10 hours
- It has a design that fits every ear to give the ultimate comfort
- It has a single button that has multiple functions which makes it simple and easy
- It is compatible with both android and IOS devices
- It stays in place even during intense workouts
- IPX5 Rated Waterproof headphones with Nano X Coating for better protection.
- High Fidelity sound output
- Incredible playtime up to 10 hours in one charge
- Multifunctional button
- One cannot swim while putting on this headphone.
- Bad customer care service
10. Plantronics Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones
This headphone is from the brand Plantronics, and they have quite a few right products in the market. This one is one such amazing headphone with great features. It can be used in harsh conditions, and it will not fail to give results. It has a personal coaching app that can help one during workouts to get a fitter body. It has a fantastic sound output, which is excellent too.
- It is a stable and comfortable product
- It has long-lasting stability during workouts
- It is sweat and waterproof
- It can be accessed through an app that allows you to access 12 workouts
- It has behind the ear design for ultimate comfort
- It has a flexible neckband
- It is wireless and hence no mess
- It has an excellent sound output
- It has a waterproof design that meets the IP57 rating
- It has the app that can be used for personalized workouts
- Sweatproof Nano-coating
- Waterproof design that meets the IP57 rating
- It has an average battery life
- Not recommended for large neck people as its too small from ear to ear.
11. Philips ActionFit SHQ1200PP/28 in-Ear Headphones
The last one is from Philips, and we all are well aware of how good their devices are. These headphones are one of them, and they are loaded with features. It is a robust headphone and can withstand any rough weather. Although it is wired, which can be a little messy but still it is a decent headphone. It has a stylish design and bold colors, which makes it an attractive headphone as well.
- It is designed in a way which makes it feather light
- It is perfect to be your gym companion
- It completely sweats and rain resistant
- The sound output is excellent with HD quality
- It has a sturdy structure
- It has three buds to choose from for better fit in the ears
- It has a high sound output
- Sturdy headphones guarantee powerful bass and optimal fit
- Not advisable to use while swimming
- Quality is a bit inferior
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you swim with headphones?
The headphones should be in-ear headphones which ensure a comfortable and se.cure fit while swimming underwater. This prevents the headphones from slipping off underwater. So, in order to swim with headphones, ensure that the earbuds are not loose and fit perfectly.
2. How to clean waterproof headphone?
If the earbuds are clogged with dust or dirt, use an old dry toothbrush to brush them off. You can also use a cloth with a small amount of soap water mixture to clean them. However, ensure that the soap is not too much as it may leave residue while too much water may cause damage.
3. Are wired earbuds waterproof?
Not all wired headphones are waterproof. The wired headphones that come with an IPX7 rating are resistant to water and can withstand sweat and rain.
4. Do Bluetooth headphones work under water?
Certain Bluetooth headphones are designed to be used underwater for a specific continuous time duration. Others are only resistant to water and sweat.
5. Can you swim with waterproof earphones?
Headphones that come with an IPX7 waterproof rating are resistant against water or sweat. Such headphones can be used to swim, workout, shower or dance in the rain with.
6. How do waterproof earphones work?
Waterproof earphones may be wired or wireless. The earbuds fit into the ears to form a tight seal so that the air inside the ears does not have any interference. This ensures a clear sound quality without any distortion. They come with an IPX7 waterproof rating that protects it against water or rain.
7. Do we get noise cancellation feature in waterproof earphones?
Yes, we do get noise cancellation feature in waterproof earphones allowing you to immerse yourself into the world of music without any interference from the surroundings.
All of the products mentioned above will make a great purchase. They have amazing features and are perfectly designed for comfortable use without any hassles. It is important to remember that these headphones are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, and hence, they are perfect for daily wear too. Most of these headphones have incredible sound output, and thus, one does not have to compromise with the audio quality.
The headphones mentioned above are technologically highly advanced, and hence, they make a great audio device. It is important to remember why you want to invest in waterproof headphones, although we have the normal ones available in the market as well. If you are into swimming or running or want to use your headphones even when it’s raining, then you should look out for good waterproof headphones.
The headphones mentioned above are all from reputed brands, and so the quality will be unbeatable. If you are someone looking for sturdy and good quality waterproof headphones, then these are the best. They are of high-quality materials and come with a good warranty period. So if you intend to invest in one of these Waterproof Headphones, then the list mentioned above is for you.