6 Best Washing Machines Under INR 15000
Washing machines have made our household chores easier. This home appliance washes laundry efficiently and effectively within a short time duration. It prevents you from manually scrubbing and washing clothes, saving you time and energy.
The machine proves to be a life-saver in our busy lives. There are different types of washing machines available in the market today. However, choosing a budget-friendly model that is reliable and offers the best features will be cumbersome. This article will help in simplifying your task as we have done all the research for you.
The following section of this article provides the types of washing machines under INR 15000 along with the features to expect in a washing machine under INR 15000. The comprehensive buyer’s guide explains all the factors to be considered before making a purchase. We have also reviewed the top 6 washing machines under INR 15000. There is an FAQ section towards the end of this article for better understanding.
6 Best Washing Machines under INR 15000
Best Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
Safe to Use
6th Sense Smart Technology
Robust and Rust-Free
Features to Expect In Washing Machines under INR 15000
The built-in memory feature of a washing machine is useful during power-cuts. It remembers the exact position to stop and restarts the operation from the same position once the power is back. It saves you the hassle of having to reset the washing machine.
The lint collector is designed to collect the lint, fiber, and other particles that come out of the clothes during the wash process. It prevents these fibers from clogging the pipes of the washing machine. The lint collectors are removable and easy to clean.
The number of wash programs in washing machines differs from model to model. The three main wash programs are: regular, heavy, and delicate. There are washing machines which may have 6-12 wash programs.
The higher number of cycles will enable you to effectively wash any type of clothes irrespective of the fabric and thickness. You will have to set it according to the kind of clothes you intend to wash.
This feature washes away the residual soap which may remain even after the spin cycle. This is done by the even sprinkling of water on all the clothes.
The clothes after spinning in the tub will be dry, clean, and soap-free. Many models also feature a special vent that prevents the detergent and water from returning to the wash drum.
The air-dry feature will help in drying your clothes 40% faster than the normal method of drying clothes. It uses fresh air circulation inside the tub during the spinning cycle. The air reduces the moisture level in the wash drum and helps in drying clothes faster.
The digital display with LED lights notifies you of the wash process. It helps in the easy operation of the washing machine.
A washing machine with an overload protection feature will automatically detect when the load exceeds the limit. It protects the machine from damage.
The scrubber will efficiently and effectively clean your clothes. A washing machine that comes with a collar scrubber manages to remove stain and dirt from the cuffs, collars and difficult areas of the clothes. It saves your time and energy by preventing you from scrubbing clothes manually for hours.
It soaks the clothes and scrubs them continuously for a few minutes. This helps in the easy removal of dirt and stains from the clothes. It also detects imbalances in the load and evens the distribution of the clothes inside the tub for superior performance.
Types of Washing Machines under INR 15000
There are two types of fully automatic washing machines available in the market: Top-load and front-load washing machines. You will only get a top-load model under INR 15000.
Fully-automatic top-loading washing machines have an automatic wash cycle. It requires no manual intervention and manages to clean clothes efficiently and effectively in a short time.
A fully-automatic washing machine is much more expensive compared to a semi-automatic model. However, the fully-automatic top-load models are more cost-efficient than front load washing machines.
Semi-automatic machines are always top-load. They require manual intervention during the wash cycle. This allows you to monitor the operation of the cycle closely.
It is considered as a reasonable option to go for as it is cheaper than a fully automatic washing machine. A semi-automatic washing machine consumes less power, saving costs on electricity bills. It also saves water since it does not require a continuous supply of water during the wash process.
The rotational speed of the washing machine should be between 1300-1500 RPM. A higher rotational speed is always preferred since it determines the speed of the spin cycle. A faster spin cycle will dry the clothes at a much faster pace.
The capacity of the machine is a primary factor which needs to be considered before purchase. The capacity of the washing machine depends on the number of members in your family. The suitable capacity for a family of 4 members is 7 kg.
Type of Washing Machine
You will easily get a semi-automatic or a fully automatic washing machine under INR 15000. However, you will only get a top load washing machine in this price range. Front-load washing machines are available in prices over 20,000 rupees.
A fully automatic washing machine is more efficient and easy to use as the cycle is complete. A semi-automatic washing machine will require you to move the wet clothes to the other tub for spin dry. Choose the type based on your preference.
This is something to look out for in a semi-automatic washing machine. The multi-utility tray helps in sorting out the wet and dry clothes.
The three main wash features which you should look for in a washing machine are: normal, delicate, and heavy. There are washing machines that feature up to 15 wash programs. These washing machines are capable of effectively cleaning clothes of any thickness or fabric after selecting the wash program accordingly.
Water and Time-Saving Features
Washing machines are meant for efficient cleaning of all your dirty laundry. It is important to check for water and time-saving features such as built-in scrubbers and collar scrubbers.
The collar scrubber saves you the hassle of having to scrub clothes for the removal of tough stains manually. It effectively removes the dirt from collars, cuffs and other difficult areas of the clothes. Another essential feature is the roller jet pulsator. The technology ensures faster rotation and better friction, giving you the best washing experience.
Check the dimensions of the washing machine. It should have a compact size so that it does not take up much space. It must easily fit into the desired corner of your home. Ensure you measure the space available and then make a decision of which washing machine you should go with.
Brands like Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, and BPL provide reliable washing machines under INR 15000. They also offer a good warranty period and after-sales service. Ensure that the product comes with a comprehensive warranty of 2 years. The motor should also have a warranty of up to 5 years.
1. Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine – Our Pick
The excellent features and brand reliability of this Samsung washing machine make it our number one recommendation. The imperial silver model features an LED panel display along with a tempered scratch-resistant glass door. It is durable and easy to operate.
- Type: fully-automatic top-loading washing machine.
- It has a capacity of 6.2 kg.
- Six cycles- blanket, eco tub clean, normal, delicate, soak plus normal and quick wash.
- The child lock feature prevents children from modifying the controls and keys.
- Comes with a stainless steel drum featuring diamond-shaped ridges and a unique soft curl design.
- Tempered see-through glass door type- resistant to damage and scratches, which makes it long-lasting.
- The model comes with a magic filter that traps lint, fluff, and other particles that come out of the clothes.
- Five water levels- enable you to adjust the levels of water as per your need.
- It comes with air turbo and auto-restart features.
- Two years of comprehensive warranty.
- Ensures enhanced cleaning of clothes with even distribution of detergent and effective rinsing.
- The magic filter is detachable and easy to clean.
- The top loader washer is kept fresh by the eco tub clean course.
- The small water exit holes in the drum prevent the clothes from getting trapped and damaged.
- Clothes get tangled inside the drum.
- High operation time.
2. LG 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Best Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
This is one of the best semi-automatic top load washing machines on the list. It is suitable for a family of 3-4 members because of its maximum capacity of 6.5 kg. The roller jet pulsator ensures the best washing experience with its high rotational speed of 1300 RPM. It also comes with a collar scrubber for time saving and energy-efficient cleaning of clothes.
- Type: semi-automatic top loading washing machine.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 795 x 470 x 975 mm.
- Capacity: 6.5 kg (suitable for 3-4 members).
- Maximum rotational speed: 1300 RPM.
- Three wash programs depending on the type of fabric: gentle, normal, and strong.
- It comes with a lint collector for collecting all the fabric that comes out of the clothes.
- Collar scrubber: scrubs the collar and cuffs of your clothes.
- Spin shower: it washes away the residual soap after the spin cycle.
- Rat Away Technology: it has a 3 mm plastic cover with a rat repellent chemical.
- Air Dry feature will dry your clothes up to 40% faster.
- Two years of comprehensive warranty.
- The roller jet pulsator ensures maximum rotation and better friction for the best washing experience.
- Lint collector prevents fiber from sticking to the pipes eliminating the concern of clogged water pipes.
- Collar scrubber cleans your clothes efficiently while saving your effort and time
- Quality of the plastic body was poor and not durable.
3. Whirlpool 7 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Safe to Use
The Whirlpool 7 kg semi-automatic washing machine comes with a waterproof and shock-proof panel. It also comes with a special vent that prevents the detergent and water from flowing back into the washtub. The best feature of this washing machine is the super soak technology. It soaks and scrubs clothes continuously for 25 minutes for the easy removal of dirt.
- Type: semi-automatic lop load washing machine.
- Capacity: 7 kg (suitable for 3-4 members).
- Comes with a powerful 340-watt wash motor.
- Three wash programs: normal, delicate, and heavy.
- Maximum rotational speed: 1450 RPM.
- Lint Collector: collects lint and fiber that comes out of the clothes during the wash process.
- In-built scrubber: helps in efficient and effective washing of clothes.
- Super soak technology: the washing machine will soak and scrub the clothes continuously for 25 minutes for easy removal of dirt.
- Features a multi-utility tray to sort dry clothes.
- Two years warranty on the product and five years on the motor.
- Safe to use: it comes with a waterproof and shock-proof panel.
- The large washtub of 66 L can easily remove dirt and wash clothes using the highest volume of water.
- The in-built memory feature is useful in case of power-cuts. It starts the operation of the washing machine from the same position it stopped.
- It is designed to include a special vent that prevents the detergent and water from flowing back into the washtub.
- The machine makes noise during operation.
- High power consumption.
4. Whirlpool 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – 6th Sense Smart Technology
The Whirlpool 6.5 kg fully-automatic front load washing machine features the 6th sense of smart technology. It senses the load and takes in the required amount of water. It also recommends the amount of detergent accordingly and stops the operation in case of low voltage. The washing machine adapts to hard water for maintaining the color and softness of the clothes.
- Type: fully-automatic front load.
- Capacity: 6.5 kg.
- Power consumption: 360 Watt.
- Eight wash programs: normal, delicate, heavy, whites, rinse spin, speedy, aqua store, and spin only.
- ZPF technology: it helps in filling the tub 50% faster, especially in case of low water pressure.
- The express wash feature reduces the wash time of less soiled clothes by 30%.
- 6th sense smart technology: it senses the load, takes in water, and recommends detergent accordingly.
- Spa wash system: the drum is designed to include 50% lesser holes than an ordinary tub.
- Features a three spring-loaded power scrub technology for the removal of the toughest dirt from clothes.
- Hard washer wash: adapts to washing with hard water for maintaining the softness and color of clothes.
- Warranty: 2 years on product and motor.
- The ZPF technology ensures a perfect wash even in low water pressure.
- Its eight wash programs allow you to wash clothes of any thickness and fabric effectively.
- The spa wash system reduces the amount of lint generated from clothes and ensures a smooth wash.
- Easy to operate with the help of three simple buttons.
- The washing machine saves time, energy, and detergent.
- It consumes a lot of water.
- Does not come with a filter.
5. BPL 6.5 Kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Robust and Rust-Free
The BPL semi-automatic top load washing machine features a robust rust-free high-quality plastic body that is durable. The powerful motor of the machine ensures the efficient and effective cleaning of clothes.
It comes with a soak feature that corrects imbalances and removes dirt easily. The washing machine has a high rotational speed and an air dryer feature for drying clothes comparatively faster.
- Type: semi-automatic top loading washing machine.
- Capacity: 6.5 kg.
- Maximum rotational speed: 1400 RPM.
- Noise level for wash and spin: 60 DB.
- Power consumption: 300 watts.
- Two wash programs: normal and heavy.
- It has a robust plastic body with a transparent top.
- Collar scrubber: it removes stains and dirt from cuffs, collars and difficult areas of the clothes.
- Soak Mode: Evenly distributes the clothes out inside the drum after detecting imbalances.
- Spin shower: sprinkles even and sufficient water in the garments for the removal of residual foam, soap, and detergent.
- Comes with a one year comprehensive warranty on product and motor.
- It has a powerful motor which can manage any wash load.
- Has a rust-free and durable body.
- The air-dry feature manages to dry the clothes faster.
- Motor speed is low.
6. BPL 7.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Auto-Imbalance Feature
The BPL fully-automatic washing machine comes with a maximum capacity of 7.2 kg. The model optimizes the wash time, water intake, rinse performance, and water temperature, providing you the best wash results.
It also has an auto imbalance feature that detects an imbalance in the load and evens it out accordingly for enhanced cleaning.
- Type: fully-automatic top load washing machine.
- Capacity: 7.2 kg.
- Power consumption: 350 watts.
- Rotational speed: 1000 RPM.
- It comes with eight wash programs.
- Digital display provides all the information about the functions.
- Automatic imbalance correction feature senses imbalances in the wash load.
- It comes with an auto shut down feature.
- Allows you to select from four different water loads.
- Diamond cut stainless steel tub is resistant to stains, rust, and odor.
- One year comprehensive warranty.
- The wash programs ensure quick and accessible cleaning of different types of fabrics.
- The stainless steel tub is tough and highly durable.
- Logic control: Optimizes water intake, wash time, water temperature, and rinse performance to obtain the best wash results.
- There is a lot of noise during the spin cycle.
- The rotational speed is lower compared to the other models in the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the top brands that offer washing machines under INR 15000?
The brands that offer washing machines under INR 15000 are as follows:
2. Which washing machine is better? Semi or fully automatic?
Both have their own sets of pros and cons. A fully automatic washing machine is more compact in size and will occupy comparatively lesser space than a semi-automatic. It requires no manual intervention, unlike semi-automatic washing machines, which require you to put the wet clothes into the dryer.
However, a fully automatic washing machine consumes more power than a semi-automatic. It is also costlier than the latter.
3. Does a washing machine save water?
Newer washing machine models are said to consume less amount of water and electricity. Also, the consumption of water for the washing process depends on the capacity of the wash drum.
Semi-automatic washing machines do not require a continuous supply of water. Hence, they save more water compared to full-automatic models.
Washing machines have indeed made washing clothes more convenient. It saves both your time and energy. The comprehensive buyer’s guide provided in this article will help you find the ideal washing machine under INR 15000, for your home. You will get two types of washing machines to choose from in this price range i.e. semi-automatic top load and fully automatic top load.
We have reviewed the top 6 washing machines under INR 15000. You can opt for our number one recommendation namely, Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine. It is the best fully automatic washing machine on the list.
The LG 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine is the best choice for a semi-automatic washing machine. We now come to the end of this article. We hope you find what you are looking for in this budget.