13 Best Power Banks
Smartphones and other electronic devices like Bluetooth headsets, digital cameras, fitness bands, and more have become a part of our daily lives. They are so important that a lot of individuals can’t achieve their daily goals without some of these devices.
So what happens if you get stuck in a place where you can’t recharge your device?
This is why portable power banks have become very important. They are able to supply power to recharge your devices wherever you are. What’s more? You can slip it into your back pocket or your bag meaning it is a portable power bank. The benefit of the best power bank is that if you have a cell phone under 15000 or with less battery power, power banks come in handy.
If you finally decide you want to get the best power bank, how do you go about it?
We will go into detail about everything you need to know about power banks in this article like what is a power bank, how does it work, the different types, benefits of using a power bank, a comprehensive buying guide and the top 11 best power banks in India. We have also answered the frequently asked questions that people have in their minds to help them make an informed purchase.
Our Top 13 Power Banks
Compatible to multiple device
Multi USB output
Best for Quick Charge functionality
Our pick from low-range
Our pick for Slim form factor
Our pick from the Mid-range
Best multipurpose feature
Best for portability
What Is a Power Bank?
How Does It Work?
A power bank functions in a very simple manner.
On the inside of the power bank, it contains batteries that are connected to a Printed Circuit Board (PCB). The battery is a Lithium battery which can be either a Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer. The Lithium-Ion batteries cost much lower to manufacture but do not age very well. On the other hand, Lithium-Polymer batteries are more expensive to manufacture but do not face the same aging issues.
The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) is responsible for all the internal functions of the power bank. It is the component of the power bank which prevents the overload of the battery and also regulates the voltage of the power bank. It also connects a Micro USB to the battery to recharge it and a USB Output to supply power to the device to be charged. When you connect a device to the power bank, this is the component that identifies the specifications of the device and supplies the required power output.
Recharging the power bank
Just like your Smartphone needs to recharge, you also need to recharge your power bank after use. Power banks usually have a dedicated input port through which users can charge the battery. In most cases, it is a Micro USB port. In addition to the port, LED indicators will also be available on the power bank to indicate when it is charging.
Benefits of using a power bank
Charge multiple devices at the same time
Most individuals now use multiple devices to keep up with their daily tasks. These devices can include a Smartphone, tablet, and laptop. You may find yourself in a situation where all your devices run out of power at very close intervals and you need to recharge. If you are in a location you are not too familiar with or you simply don’t want to move to the nearest socket, you can simply connect all your devices to a power bank to recharge. This is only possible with high capacity power banks.
Some are solar powered
The option of having a powerbank that you can recharge using sunlight will appeal to a lot of individuals who go on hikes or camping trips. During these activities, it can near impossible to find a spot to recharge your devices. Since you will be outdoors most of the time, it still gives you a good opportunity to recharge your powerbank. Having a power bank that will always have power without any electrical outlet to connect still gives the opportunity to recharge your devices regardless.
An extra power source to have on hand
The portability of power banks makes them a very important part of our lives. It doesn’t matter if you prefer to slip it into your back pocket or your bag; there is a perfect size for your needs.
A power bank for your needs
Power banks come in lots of options so users are able to choose one that is a perfect match for their daily needs. You have the option to choose between a lightweight, heavyweight, high capacity, and low capacity power bank. Other specialized options include those with a quick charge feature, USB Type C connectivity, multiple ports, rugged build, built-in cables, and more.
They are affordable
Regardless of the capacity of a power bank, it is usually available at a very affordable price. The power banks which come at prices that are a bit higher than others will usually have some unique features. This can be a USB Type C port, quick charge feature, a solar panel, etc.
As a means of safety
Smartphones now occupy a large part of our lives. They are also one of the few devices through which we can secure our safety. A quick call to the police can be the difference between life and death for many individuals. But what happens if you have no power on your Smartphone to make the call?
This is why power banks are very important to have on you.
Types of Power Bank
Low capacity power banks
As the name implies, these are power banks that offer a low capacity. Despite the low capacity of these power banks, they are still very popular among lots of users due to their portability. In comparison to power banks of higher capacity, these are much smaller, lightweight, and easier to carry around.
These power banks are also referred to as Mini Power Banks. The first type is those that use Polymer batteries while the second type uses Ion batteries. The Mini power banks which make use of a Polymer battery are slim and have a weight which is almost the same as a Smartphone. Mini power banks that make use of Ion batteries are usually short with a cylindrical shape.
Most of the common low capacity power banks usually offer enough power to charge a Smartphone once or twice at maximum.
High capacity power banks
Despite their large weight and size of these power banks, they also come with a lot of additional features like DC output ports which you can use in charging laptops, USB Type C ports, and Quick charge functionality.
Power banks with built-in cables
The main reason for purchasing a power bank is to be able to charge your device anywhere you are. Sometimes, this may be impossible. The main reason for this is the unavailability of a USB cable. Although you may have your power bank in hand, you will be unable to use it without a USB cable. This is why improvements in the design of power banks now include a built-in cable.
Power banks with built-in cables also vary with a few having one built-in cable, some with two, and others that have a built-in cable and an additional USB port. The power banks with two built-in cables usually have one for use with Android devices while the other is compatible with Apple devices.
You may also find a power bank with a built-in AC power bank. This allows easy conversion into a USB wall charger when necessary.
Solar Power banks
Simply put, these are power banks which produce energy from sunlight. Where do they find the most useful? They are of most use on a hiking trip or camping activity. These are situations where you cannot expect to find a power outlet to recharge your devices. On such occasions, a solar power bank can save you a lot of trouble.
Most of these power banks with solar functionality do not rely solely on solar as the primary power source. It is also important you purchase such power banks if you live in an area where you get a lot of sunlight.
Rugged power banks
There are lots of problems with any portable device. One of such problems is the likelihood that it will get damaged from a fall. This also applies to your power bank. This is why there are special types of power banks built to withstand conditions which other normal power banks will not.
A lot of these power banks are shockproof while most also offer a waterproof quality. The waterproof feature of most is only applicable when they are not in use as the ports will need to be covered.
These are more useful in areas where users are more likely to drop their devices such as on a hiking trip or when going camping.
Quick charge power banks
These are power banks with quick charge functionality. The most common quick charge power banks usually offer one of the following:
- TI MaxCharge
- OPPO VOOC Flash Charge
- Qualcomm Quick Charge
- USB 3.1 PD
- MTK Pump Express
When you connect any compatible device to power banks offering quick charge functionality, you can recharge your devices up to three times faster. Of all the quick charge solutions available, the Qualcomm Quick Charge is the fastest.
Smart Power Banks
These power banks recharge your devices in a safe, fast, easy, and smart way. These power banks offer easy charging since the ports all feature smart tech so you don’t have to overuse a single port. It offers a fast recharge by automatically adjusting the output to meet the voltage settings of the device. Your device is also safe from over-current, short-circuit, and over-charging. As a smart device, it recognizes the compatible devices.
Major Features You Should Consider Before Making a Purchase
Size and shape
Size and shape of the power bank really matter while buying a power bank. As we know that the power bank is available in different size and shape. Ensure that it perfectly fits as per your requirement. Weirdly designed power banks may trouble to carry. If you are carrying your power bank daily, then it must be with perfect size by fitting in your pockets.
The power bank which you are looking for must be certified. There are few certifications like MFi, UL, and ETL provided to manufacturers. A certified power bank is considered as safer. MFi is made for iPhone/iPod/iPad, and when your power bank has this, it means it is compatible with Apple devices and is trusted one.
Similarly, UL is a global independent safety science company, and their products are verified, tested. ETL is issued by Intertek, and it says that the product is tested one.
Your power bank cables must be of high-quality for fast charging. Also, superior quality cables avoid over-heating. To charge the power bank you need USB to micro USB cable.
LED torchlight, LED display, waterproof and sweatproof power banks are being available in the market. Additionally, we have a few power banks that are capable of reading out the charging percentage.
The capacity of a power bank is the most important feature that determines if it is the right option for you. It is possible to get a general idea of the power bank capacity through the mAh rating. The mAh is the measurement of capacity which is a milliAmpere hour. In general, a high mAh rating implies a high power bank capacity.
Power banks available in low capacity can include units with 1,000mAh and 2,000mAh ratings. You can get a 5,000mAh power bank for the medium capacity and over 20,000mAh for high capacities.
One feature of power banks which have become very vital is the LED indicator. The design of the LED indicators on power banks may vary but the function still remains the same. On most power banks, there are usually four LED indicators with each indicator representing 25% of the power bank battery level. The display schemes of the indicators usually have a specific meaning. The common schemes are as follows:
- Solid: Another device is connected to the power bank and is being charged. It can also simply be displaying the battery level after the power button is pressed
- Blinking: A blinking LED usually indicates that the power bank is being charged. If the last LED is blinking without the power bank being plugged in, it is an indication that the battery is low
- Off: Power bank is in a dormant state
If three LEDs are on at the same time, then the battery level is around 75%. Two LEDs represent 50% and one LED represents 25%.
To ensure that the battery in the power bank is operating at optimum conditions, there is a temperature sensor in the power bank. The temperature sensor acts as a safety device which causes the power bank to go off if the circuit temperature is not within the standard range of operation. With lithium batteries, if the temperature is too low, the charging rate will be slow. If the temperature is too high, it can result in thermal runaway. This thermal runaway can cause battery fire or lead to a battery explosion.
A temperature sensor working in an electronic control circuitry ensures that the correct voltage is used in charging the battery. This improves the life cycle and performance of the battery.
This is a feature which determines how long a power bank will last. Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer batteries are usually affected by various factors like high temperature, aging, and cycling. These are factors which will affect the battery life. These batteries have a cycle life which is usually about 500 cycles. High currents, high temperature, and Depth of Discharge affect battery life.
The Depth of Discharge simply implies that a partial charge or partial discharge will have the ability to prolong the battery life by reducing the stress on the battery. Controlling the depth of discharge can effectively increase the battery life.To store a battery, the storage should be cool and dry as heat will degrade the battery. It is also important to store the battery between 60-80% since they lose charge cycle when stored at 0% or 100%. The recommended storage voltage is 3.6V.
When storing a battery for long periods, it is important you charge every 3-6 months. This is to replenish the lost charge over the months.
Although capacity is a vital factor, the portability of the power bank also plays an important role. Since this is one of the main reasons why users opt for this product, then all most power banks have a portable design.
In most cases, the high capacity power banks usually come in a larger size. Nonetheless, they remain portable despite not offering a lightweight quality.
USB port availability
Modern power banks come in various designs with features to cater for the needs of the users. Since most users often have more than a single device which they intend to recharge, power banks now come with multiple USB ports. This provides a simultaneous charging feature on the power bank. This is quite common with power packs which have a high capacity.
This is another important factor to consider when selecting a power bank. No one wants to sit around too long waiting for their device to recharge. This is why it is important to learn some of the common differences between a basic and advanced model. The basic model is much slower and features USB ports which deliver 1A power output. The advanced models often deliver a power of 2A and above.
Another way to influence the charging speed of your device is to select a power bank with a fast charge feature. One of such is the Qualcomm Quick Charges 2.0 which provides very fast charging. It is important you choose a power bank with a fast charging feature which is supported by your device.
Our Top 13 Power Banks
1. Ambrane 20000mAh Lithium Polymer Power Bank
Ambrane Pvt Ltd is an Indian electronics company known for its quality products. This is a newly found company with 5+ years of experience. They manufacture earphones, headphones, speakers, power banks, etc.
This is a 20,000mAh power bank from Ambrane at an affordable price range. The built quality is sturdy and looks good. This device is lightweight, making it portable and supports many types of cables. You can charge two devices at the same time and it comes with high quality 9 layer protection. Let’s talk about it in detail to know more.
- This is a 20,000mAh polymer battery that can charge iPhone 8 – 6 Times, Samsung J7 – 4.6 Times, MI Redmi 6A – 4.6 Times, Vivo V3 – 5.4 Times when the device is fully charged.
- This is a very lightweight device so you can carry around with ease. It weighs around 370 grams which are almost next to nothing.
- The exterior is built with ABS plastic material that makes it very long-lasting as well as gives it a premium finish too. The outer body is sturdy and is scratch resistant.
- Touching the feather button lets you see the battery percentage of the power bank.
- This pocket-friendly power bank comes with dual USB output which means you can charge two devices now at the same time using this power bank. The charging speed will be the same for both devices and also saves you a lot of time.
- This comes with nine layer protection that includes – temperature resistance, reset mechanism, PTC protective circuit, overcharge protection, short circuit protection, incorrect insertion protection, output overcurrent protection, input overvoltage protection, output overvoltage protection.
- This has LED indicators to let you notify when this device is charged, and also comes equipped with a feather touch button.
- This advanced power bank also has dual input options – Micro USB/Type C ports. No more carrying around two separate cables to charge your phone.
- It takes around 12 hours to charge.
2. URBN 10000 mAh Li-Polymer Power Bank
URBN is an Indian company that delivers one of the best products. It is a new age brand that believes in quality regardless of the price. They manufacture headphones, earphones, speakers, and power banks too.
This 10,000mAh power bank is a pocket-friendly device that supports fast charge and comes with BIS certification as well. The slim body makes it look stylish, and the features of this product are unmatchable. It is lightweight and easy to carry while travelling.
- This compact-sized device is very lightweight and portable. It’s 9cm long and 6.3cm wide and weighs around 180 gram only.
- This power bank from Urban comes with BIS certification which means it is tested and proven to be safe and secure to use and also to carry it around while traveling. You can board flights as well if you are carrying this.
- There are LED indicators placed on the front of the power bank to notify you when it is done charging and stuff like that
- This is a 10,000mAh capacity power bank that can charge lots of devices at one full charge. You can charge an iPhone X for 2.5 times, iPhone 8 for 3.5 times, Samsung S9 Plus 2 times, and iPad Mini for 1.5 times respectively.
- This device supports fast charging on both ends. This means the phones you plug into it and the power bank itself will be charged at lightening speeds saving lots of time.
- It comes equipped with dual inputs so you can charge two devices at the same time without waiting.
- This device comes with four layer protection at this price, and those are – Protection from output overvoltage, protection from short circuit, protection from input overvoltage, and protection from output overcurrent. These will keep your power bank and phones safe while operating.
- There were no major or minor cons found on this product
3. Syska Power MAX 100 – Charging protection
Syska Power MAX power bank is the product of SSK group. It was started in 1989, and SSK (Shree Sant Kipra Appliances Pvt Ltd) group has a wide range of high-quality products. List of their products includes power banks, chargers & cables, wearables, wires & cables, irons, extension cords, and much more.
Syska presents Power Max 100 that is highly efficient compared to other power banks. Now, you can charge two devices simultaneously using 2 USB ports. The IC protection avoids over discharging and over-charging. Also, it avoids a short circuit.
- It meets the Bureau of Indian Standards that ensure safety.
- It has special protection feature of overcharging and discharging
- Multiple ports are provided
- It comes with an advanced current shunt
- The power bank has 10000 mAH Li-Polymer battery
- It has prolonged battery life
- Weighs only 181 grams
- Pocket-friendly easy to use
- It can be carried even while traveling in flight
- Quality of the product is good
- No negative points were observed.
4. Portronics Indo 10D POR-235 – Compatible to multiple devices
Portronics are into power banks, portable speakers, wireless headset, wireless stereo, adapters & chargers, much more. They are leading gadgets brand in India and are serving from the past 10 plus years. Also, the company looks to provide innovative and best quality products.
The power bank comes with on/off switch and has a digital display. It has two input charging options. The device is compatible with iPhone, OnePlus, and Mi. Also, Indo 10D has an anti-skid grip and gloss finish. Moreover, the power bank has superior quality Lithium polymer cells.
- It has dual input charging options one is TYPE C and Micro USB
- The power bank comes with a digital display that displays the status of charging
- It is built using Lithium Polymer cells of high quality
- It is designed with compact in size and has a gloss finish and anti-skid grip
- The power bank can easily be carried in the pockets
- It is compatible with iPhone, Tablets, headphones, cameras & iPods
- Overall performance is good
- Compact in size
- It has a digital display for better visibility.
- Poor battery life
5. Zinq Technologies Z20KP Power Bank – Multi USB output
Zinq Technologies provides products like dual port mobile charger, power banks, audio speakers, earphones, and much more. They provide superior quality products, and the products are trusted ones.
Z20KP is highly compatible with many devices, and it takes 6 hours to charge fully. It comes with an LED indicator that helps to know the power level charging. Also, it has an LED torch, two USB output, and micro USB input. Moreover, the power bank supports fast charging protocols such as AFC, FCP, SFCP, USB C DRP, apple, and Samsung.
- It has 20000 mAH lithium-polymer battery
- It comes with 3 USB ports, LED charging indicator, micro USB input, intelligent chipset and LED torch
- Dual charging technology allows simultaneous charging
- The power bank is capable of charging IOS iPhone 2.4 times, Mi phone 2.2 times and iPhone two hours
- The product comes with a user guide, power bank, and micro USB cable
- Built quality is good
- The product is light and compact
- After a few days of usage, it does not charge properly.
6. Mi 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2 – Our Pick
If you are a fan of a high-quality smartphone with beautiful designs, then you will know a lot about Mi. The company has expanded its reach into the power bank sector to ensure that all its customers can recharge their devices anywhere, and anytime. The anti-slip and anti-scratch qualities of this power bank Mi are just a few of the many excellent features it possesses.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 for fast charging compatible devices
- Low power charging for low power devices like fitness bands and Bluetooth headsets
- Designed with a PC+ABS material with a perforated exterior for anti-slip and scratch resistant qualities
- An intelligent power output feature makes it compatible with various devices
- It has dual USB ports with an output of 5V/3.6A when charging devices using both ports
- At 358g, the power bank offers a lightweight quality
- It provides 9-layer circuit protection which improves efficiency and safety
- The power bank comes with a six months warranty
- High capacity Lithium-Polymer battery offering 20,000mAh
- Double pressing the power button on this device will switch it to a low power charging mode which is suitable for low power devices like fitness bands and Bluetooth devices
- It has the capability of charging certain USB Type C laptops
- Many users have appreciated its quick charging
- It can charge your cell phone 7-8 times before giving up
- The power bank uses a Lithium-Polymer battery which offers more durability and efficiency with an estimated 93% conversion rate
- It only functions with the Quick Charge feature when charging using a single port
- The warranty period is very short
7. Duracell PB10050 5002732 10050mAH Lithium Ion Powerbank – Best for Quick Charge functionality
Duracell is one of the most popular companies producing high-quality batteries around the world. The expectations remain very high as the company goes into the manufacture of power banks. The power bank still retains the unique black and gold tone of the company while offering very high efficiency of 91.12%.
- 2.4 amps output and input provide up to 2x faster charge speed for Smartphone with up to 30% in 20 minutes
- It uses a lithium-ion battery with 10050mAh capacity
- 4 LEDs to indicate the battery level of the power bank when in use and recharging
- Dual USB ports allow simultaneous recharge of devices
- It is flight-approved making it safe for carrying in your luggage while traveling
- Dual charge technology allows users to charge the power bank while charging their device
- It comes in the unique black and gold color of Duracell batteries
- It has a three years manufacturer’s warranty
- The power bank has a very sturdy and compact build offering excellent durability
- Most users have appreciated its fast charging feature
- The recharging speed of your device, when connected to the power bank, is 2x faster than a regular 5V wall socket
- The ten safety features include a flame retardant case, under temperature operation, cable loop protection, short circuit protection, dual safety circuits, and more.
- Comes without a power adapter
8. Intex IT-PB11K 11000mAH Power Bank – Our pick from low-range
A popular power bank company producing quality products. The power bank Intex is a culmination of beauty, portability, and functionality. These qualities make it one of the best on the market. An LED flashlight brightens up your way in the dark and also comes with 3 USB ports for multiple device charging.
- It features two 5V/2.1A output ports for charging Smartphones and a single 5V/1A output port for smaller devices like fitness bands and headsets
- Supports charging of three devices simultaneously using the 3 USB output ports available
- The exterior material of the power bank is plastic
- It has a Lithium-Ion battery with a near cylindrical form factor
- There is a 1-year warranty on the device
- It has a small power button on close to the LED indicators which also controls the LED flashlight
- The power bank comes with a USB cable for recharging
- It has a light weight of 280g and measures 142x 63x26mm
- Quick charging
- The power bank comes at a very affordable price
- Many users have appreciated its durability
- Addition of a built-in flashlight makes the power bank a more versatile purchase
- Battery level is indicated by 4 LED lights with each LED representing 25%
- The USB cable is short
- The conversion rate is poor
9. Czar Matrix Slim Pocket size 10000 MAh Power Bank – Our pick for Slim form factor
If you are looking for a power bank that is slim and highly portable, then the CzaR Matrix Slim Pocket size power bank is the best option you can choose. It can charge two devices simultaneously and also it does not take a lot of time to recharge its battery.
- It has a rectangular, slim form factor with a thickness of 15mm
- Provides a 10,000mAh capacity with a lightweight of 210g
- There is a 1-year warranty on the power bank
- Dual output ports support simultaneous charging of two devices
- Compatible with various devices including Samsung, LG, iPhone, Lenovo, Oppo, Mi, and more
- LED battery display with 25% intervals on the readings
- It uses Lithium-polymer batteries enclosed in a carbon fiber casing
- The power bank recharges in a short time – around 6 hours due to the 2A input port
- Very handy design
- Value for money
- It is lightweight and has a very slim form factor making it an excellent choice for portability
- Using both output ports at the same time will result in a combined output of 2.1A
- The durability of the power bank is questionable
10. Lenovo CA1BX0CC4A640A Lithium-Ion Power Bank – Our pick from the Mid-range
Lenovo remains one of the leading technology companies around the world, and the company keeps reiterating why we love them. The power bank has a high-quality exterior design, a high conversion rate, and various color options for customers to form. It comes with a 1-year warranty in case of any defect.
- 5V/2.0A Micro USB input port to charge the power bank
- 4 LED indicators to show the battery level of the device
- 2 USB 5V/2.1A output ports for charging multiple devices simultaneously
- 13,000mAh capacity with a high conversion rate
- It has a rectangular form factor
- It has a weight of approximately 400g which is a bit heavy
- The exterior is made from a high-grade matte plastic
- There is a 1-year warranty on the power bank
- It is available in 3 different color options
- The power bank will power on automatically when a device is connected and power off as soon as the device is disconnected or fully charged
- The power bank requires about 7 hours for a full recharge with the LED lights blinking during the process
- It can charge a device while the power bank is recharging
- Can charge multiple devices in a single charge
- The power bank is quite heavy, so not suggested for travel
11. Portronics Litehouse POR-629 Magnetic LED Lamp – Best multipurpose feature
The versatility of this power bank is a key reason why it stands out. It provides users with a high-intensity LED light for use on camping trips or for hiking in addition to the option to recharge your devices. The magnets on the body make it easy to stick the device to any metallic surface for easy use.
- Magnets on the body of the device to stick to any metallic surface
- A bright LED light with three intensity levels
- It has an ultra-compact design with dimensions of 216mm by 40mm
- Offers excellent portability with a lightweight of 176g
- It has a cylindrical form factor with a Lithium-Ion battery
- It is a low capacity power bank offering 4,400mAh battery capacity
- A screw base to support connection to a photo-light stand
- It requires about 5 hours for a full charge
- The LED can change to a red, green, or blue light while it is blinking by pressing the power button
- The power bank is an excellent dual-purpose device as it offers both the features of a power bank and also offers a very bright light
- Blinking LED light function when you long press the power button with up to four colors
- Includes a strap to put around the wrist to avoid damage from a fall
- Comes with an LED light for safety during an emergency
- It has only a single 1A output which will provide a slow charging function on your device
- The capacity is quite small and requires 5 hours to charge for 7 hours operation
12. Pebble PICO 10000mAH Power Bank – Best for portability
One of the popular power bank manufacturing companies in India, the company prides itself in the production of high-quality power banks which offer great durability. Although the power bank comes in a small, palm-sized design, it still retains the fantastic 10-way circuit protection to assure users of safety.
- LED digital display of 25% intervals to show the battery level and when you need to recharge
- Provides excellent portability with its compact, palm-sized design
- Slim form factor with a thickness of 2cm, 10cm length and 6.7cm width
- Large 10,000mAh capacity in a small enclosure
- Charge two devices with the Dual USB output
- Compatible with all devices using the auto-detect feature for the best charge speed
- 10-way circuit protection for long-lasting power bank and protection of connected devices
- High input of 2A for fast recharge of batteries
- It is lightweight
- Unique pebble design that is compact
- Handy and useful utility
- The power bank has a very compact design making it a good option for traveling or simply slipping into your pockets
- It is safe to operate and carry around with the 10-way circuit protection feature
- The USB cable that comes with the power bank is of low quality and very short
- The battery life is very low
13. Syska X110 11000mAH Power Bank – Best Durability
Syska offers its users a lot more than just power banks. They also produce high-quality speakers, earphones, Bluetooth headsets, and more. The main advantage of their products is that they are mostly rechargeable using the power banks from the company. This power bank Syska is compatible with various USB-powered devices to ensure you don’t miss out.
- A power on/off button
- A blue LED indicator to show the power bank battery level
- Two USB output ports which have specifications of 1A and 2.1A
- 6 months warranty from the manufacturer
- It has an ABS housing material available in various color combinations
- Compatible with a wide range of devices including MP3 players, Smartphones, Mini speakers, digital cameras, and more
- The power bank can be recharged using a car charger, wall charger, or by connecting to a laptop
- High-quality ABS housing material to protect the inner components of the power bank from damage
- Know your battery status by reading the 4 LED indicators on the side of the power bank
- Safety features such as protection from over-discharging and over-charging
- Many users have appreciated its superior quality built
- Users can get only about 7,800mAh out of the specified 11,000mAh capacity
- Takes a lot of time to charge
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is power bank safe to use?
If you are using a trusted power bank, then it is safer to use. Also, the power bank must be certified one. When you are charging your phone battery, there must not be any flow of current from the battery to the power bank. A simple diode helps to do this, and thus, power banks are safe to use.
2. Do power Banks ruin your phone?
Usually, power banks provide electrical energy to your mobile to charge. Power banks must be used only in the necessity, but many do charging their mobile phones from power banks instead of from the wall socket even when there is the availability to do so.
If they are incompatible with each other or if the signal provided is not strong, then there might be a chance of the mobile battery getting damaged.
3. Are power banks allowed on flights?
Yes, power banks are allowed in flight, and they must be carried in hand luggage instead of carrier luggage. However, few power banks need approval to be carried in flight.
4. What does mAH number indicate?
mAH- milliampere hour shows the energy charge that a battery holds. The larger capacity the power bank holds, the greater it can deliver. Suppose, if a battery has 1000mAH it indicates that it can deliver a thousand milliamperes per hour. After that, the device needs to be charged again.
5. Should I get a power bank regardless of the manufacturer?
No. This is not the safest way to purchase a power bank. There are certain companies that do a lot better when manufacturing power banks. Most of such companies use a high-quality battery in the design of the power bank, add safety features to the device, and also design the power bank with the right output voltage and specifications to match your Smartphone.
You should perform thorough research on the manufacturer of the power bank you intend to purchase. This is the best way to identify a power bank which will be safe for use.
6. What is the estimated life of a power bank?
The life of a power bank will depend on the type of battery and the capacity of the power bank. The lithium-Ion and lithium-Polymer batteries usually have an estimated life between 300 and 500 charge cycles. Smaller capacity power banks usually have a shorter life than a high capacity power bank. This is because smaller power banks discharge the battery on a daily basis and require recharge more often than the high capacity power banks available.
7. Can I use any power bank to charge a laptop?
No, you can’t. According to the design specifications of most power banks, they have a 5V USB output. This output is much lower than the laptop requirement which can range from 16V to 20V. Power banks which provide the output power to charge a laptop are limited.
8. How long will it take to recharge a power bank?
The first factor that determines how long a power bank will take to charge is the capacity. The small capacity power banks require a short time to charge while the high capacity power banks require a longer time. Another factor is the design of the power bank. Power banks which are designed to include a voltage input rather than just a USB for recharging will charge much faster. Such power banks can be connected directly to an electric outlet.
9. I own a 3,300mAh Smartphone; will I get three full charges out of a 10,000mAh power bank?
This is a common error most individuals make when buying power banks. The 10,000mAh on a power bank is usually the manufacturers rating. The true output will differ in most cases. You will often hear another term which is the conversion rate. On most high-quality power bank, the conversion rate is between 85-90%. This is used to determine the true output of a power bank.
10. In addition to the conversion rate, what other factors can determine the number of charges I will get out of a power bank?
The phone battery health is another important factor. The phone battery health reduces as the battery gets older. A new battery offers the strongest battery health, but this reduces with each charge cycle.
11. Can I store my power bank when it is fully discharged?
No. This will damage the power bank battery. Storing a power bank in its fully discharged state will make it difficult for the battery to hold a charge for a long period. In some cases, a memory effect may also be noticed in the battery.
12. What is the difference between a Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer battery?
The capacity is the main difference between these two types of batteries. Lithium-Polymer batteries offer users a larger mAh capacity while the Lithium-Ion batteries offer a much smaller capacity. Due to the difference in capacity, Lithium-Ion batteries are much cheaper than the Lithium-Polymer batteries.
13. Is the input current of a power bank important?
Yes. This is especially true for power banks which have a high capacity. Such power banks require a long time to recharge. A high current input will increase the recharge speed of the power bank. On most power banks, the input current can vary from 0.8 Ampere to 1.5 Ampere. When purchasing a high capacity power bank, look for one with a high current input for the best performance.
14. Is it true that some power packs can explode?
This is true only with brand-less power packs. Lack of safety features like over-charging protection, temperature protection, or short circuit, can lead to unsafe working conditions of a power bank. Although such power banks are usually much cheaper, it is better to avoid them.
There are so many power banks available in the market, and it can be so tempting to grab any cheap product you find. This is not advisable as you may damage not only your electronic device but also cause injury to yourself.
You can get some very affordable power banks inclusive of all the necessary safety features from well-known companies
If you are still having difficulties picking a power bank to suit your needs, you can go for the SYSKA Power MAX 100
. This is our pick for the best because it offers some great features including two output ports, average power capacity, LED indicators, and it comes from a company which is known all over the world.
If you are shopping on a tight budget, then the Portronics Indo 10D POR-235 offers great quality at a very affordable price.