9 Best Therabands
They say, “Good things come in small packages”. A theraband or resistance band thoroughly justifies this statement.
Acquiring toned musculature does not necessitate sweating out too hard with sophisticated gym equipment for long periods. You can achieve high levels of fitness by using some simple and convenient to use fitness tools from the comfort of your home.
A theraband is one such fitness equipment that enables you to carry your gym in your pocket. It looks simple, yet it provides intensive and effective workout sessions. You can perform a wide range of exercises for various muscle groups using a resistance band.
You can easily integrate these resistance bands with your other workout routines such as pilates, yoga, aerobics, etc for achieving comprehensive and efficient workouts.
In this review, you will read about the different theraband exercises you can perform, benefits of using Therabands, the different types available, features of the band, a detailed buying guide and top 9 recommendations.
Top 9 Therabands in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Non-Latex Rubber
Best for Injury Rehab
Best for Heavy Workouts
Best for the Aged
Strong and Reliable
Best for Tight Budget
Best Eco-friendly Latex
Best for Sportsmen
Types of Exercises
The different types of exercises you can perform
Before going into the practical aspect of using a theraband, five things need to be put into place. After doing these five things, you can now use the theraband for either upper body exercises or lower body exercises.
The five things are;
- Ensure you get the service of a personal instructor
- Maintain a balanced posture while performing an exercise
- Pick the best theraband on the market
- Secure the band in a safer place
- Maintain the quality of your band
On how it works for upper body exercises;
This is an essential exercise for the proper positioning of the arms’ shoulders and muscles (triceps).
It involves placing the mid-point of the resistance band against a heavy object.
Then squatting or bending on one knee while facing the opposite direction from the object.
Then stretch the arms above the head in a position where both palms are placed in similar directions.
This is an exercise basically for the chest and muscles of the arms (biceps).
It involves standing in an upright position with the rear side facing the anchored part of the theraband and the band’s mid-point against a sturdy object.
After that position the arms at a 90 degrees angle in relation to the elbow while the fists are directly in front of the chest.
Then, take a step until the impact is felt from the band and lean in a position where one leg is plunged before the other.
Release arms and restore till you are satisfied.
This exercise works on all parts of the upper body, and it requires the positioning of the band to a static object or side planks.
Then press the body down with the forearm in a 90 degrees angle with the elbow and head positioned comfortably.
For lower body exercises;
- Side Step Shuffle: A workout specifically designed for the legs and internal & external part of the thighs.
This exercise involves you tying the ends of the bands together and placing each side at the ankles.
Slowly stretch far apart until an excellent resistance is felt from the band. Repeat till when satisfied and avoid changing position.
2. Knee Balance: This is mainly designed for the front part of the legs, thighs, and abs. In this exercise, all you have to do is simple.
Ensure one foot is placed under one end of the resistance band and the other above one end of the band.
Raise slowly till knees are placed in the hip position and slowly return, raising the other leg simultaneously.
3. Bridge & Kick: Specially designed for the leg, rear end and thighs. It affects the shoulder muscles.
To perform this exercise; you need to lie on the back, bend knees at an angle 90 degrees, with the body in a bridge position and slowly kicking out the legs until resistance is felt.
Repeat several times.
Advantages of Using a Theraband
There are advantages to using a theraband because they are somewhat crucial for our day-to-day life. Whether you work long hours or not, a theraband is an ideal choice to relieve you of stress and keep you fitted.
Other advantages include;
- Exercises the body: Therabands work on all parts of the entire body; hence, exercising the body keeps one fit for other activities.
- Adds variety to workouts: If you are bored with your usual workout routine, you can make use of therabands because it adds variety to them, making them fun.
- Rehabilitation of injuries: For anyone who has gone through a physical tragedy or experience causing injuries, they are instrumental in the rehabilitation process.
- Relieves stress and pain from the joints and muscles: After a long day at work, exercising with a resistance band keeps you relaxed.
- Improves balance, flexibility, and stability: This is important for dancers and acrobats in improving their stance and flexibility.
- Enhances a healthy lifestyle: As you improve your health with a balanced diet, it is important to perform exercises, and therabands come in handy.
- Lightweight can be used anywhere, anytime: It has been designed in a portable way, making it easy to be carried and used anywhere.
Features of Therabands
Several brands and types of Therabands have different features that enhance customer selection. These features include:
Type of Body Massage
It is always easy to buy resistance bands; however, it takes extra effort to get the best from many selections. Therefore, you must understand the purpose of why you are buying a type of band before doing anything.
One of the things you should check is: what type is good for your body? For instance, for upper body exercises, there are bands specially designed for them.
The material for therabands, regardless of the brand, is either latex or non-latex rubber. The quality of these two types of rubber determines the degree of elasticity and durability.
This feature classifies them into the various selections and ultimately affects their price.
Some therabands come with handles for grip and support. They help to maintain proper balance and can be used for other purposes.
Some therabands come with consecutive loops, which is an important feature to enhance effectiveness. It is available in different forms.
Types of Therabands
There are several types of therabands concerning their sizes, elasticity, price, colour, and even brand. They are also designed for various purposes like professional use or as beginners’ choice, and they are available in different materials and prices.
Professional Latex Resistance Bands
This is a theraband made of a topnotch quality latex rubber and designed solely for upper and lower body exercises.
This training tool can be used anywhere and only recommended for professionals because of its design and structure. It comes with handles and a better alternative to dumbbells used in workouts.
Non-Latex CLX Resistance Loops
This is a multipurpose resistance band that is rather elastic in quality and non-latex rubber-like material. This consecutive loop has an incredible grip, which is a top feature and enhances resistance when stretched.
This is also a good upper and lower body workout tool.
Professional Non-Latex Resistance Bands
Another theraband of good quality has several uses, including injury rehabilitation, improving health status, and maintaining athletic performance.
It is also lightweight (easy to use anywhere) and made of a non-latex rubber material. This type of theraband often comes with a manual.
Also, an exceptional type of theraband can be used for various purposes, especially self-massage. It is rigid in design with a firm handle to enhance performance but only requires an amount of pressure being exerted.
CLX Wall Station
For anyone who is into strength training or other complex exercises, CLX Wall Station is often advised.
This theraband offers a form of rehabilitation for the body whereby it is mounted in a static position and allows the user to control in movement.
Buying Guide: What you should consider
One could be having problems with picking a type of theraband from a wide variety of options, so the best solution is to consider the buying guide below. This buying guide contains factors that should be considered in picking an ideal type for a specific purpose;
It is often important to consider the type of rubber, i.e. latex or non-latex before picking or choosing a type of theraband on any market. The quality of rubber sometimes determines the level of efficiency and resistance of a theraband.
Hence, you should go for one that offers the kind of pressure or resistance required for your kind of exercise.
The length of the theraband is quite important as it determines the kind of exercise you will be performing. For simple exercises, you may choose to use a theraband with a short length.
However, you can use a CLX wall station theraband with a long length for complex or strenuous exercises.
The quality of a theraband solely depends on its elasticity. Elasticity is the degree of flexibility of an elastic material. Therabands are elastic objects, and to use them effectively, their elasticity must be topnotch.
Anyone who would love to use resistance bands for a wide range of purposes, getting a versatile band will be quite helpful.
A versatile band can do most of the work of many combined specially designed bands which may be cost-effective. Sometimes, they are improved with outstanding features that may not be found in a regular band.
Lastly, this isn’t necessarily a factor, but it goes a long way for colour-selective individuals. There is always a wide range of theraband colours from red, blue, yellow, and green.
If you pick any type based on their colour, ensure the performance is topnotch about elasticity, flexibility, length, and rubber type.
1. Boldfit Resistance Bands
Boldfit resistance bands are high-quality fitness bands that feature mini-loop style and provide various tension levels. These are multi-coloured resistance bands that add zing and vibrancy to your fitness sessions.
These resistance bands are prepared from high-performance rubber that provides enhanced elasticity and improved stretchability for long-lasting usage. You can easily carry these resistance bands with you wherever you go and thus never miss out on your workout.
- Boldfit mini loop resistance bands are prepared from 100% latex
- These resistance bands feature 5 different resistance strength or tension levels including the x-light band (2-3 kgs), the light band(7-10 kgs), the medium band (10-12 kgs), the heavy band (13-15 kgs), and the X-heavy band (18-20 kgs)
- With these resistance bands, you can take your workouts to the next higher level. These provide an excellent workout for your muscles like the way weightlifting does
- These loop resistance bands are useful for a wide range of workouts for exercising different muscle groups including arms, legs, chest, glutes, and abdomen
- These are multi-functional fitness equipment that is ideal for stretching, physical therapy, strength training, and home fitness
- These resistance bands provide gradual progress and are suitable for both beginners and seasoned fitness professionals
- When you stretch the bands, the muscles contract to generate the force required for stabilisation and maintain desired control in particular postures
- These loop resistance bands are designed for providing effective workouts for increasing the effectiveness of your exercises
- The texture and thickness of the bands make it durable for long-lasting usage
- By spending only 15-20 minutes daily with these resistance bands, you can make consistent progress for achieving robust fitness
- It is an ideal set of resistance bands for daily exercises
- It comes with a big carry pouch that comfortably keeps all the bands together. It can be easily carried into your pocket
- No negative points were observed so far
2. Tdas Resistance Bands
Tdas is one brand that manufactures great products, and luckily, one of them is Tdas Resistance bands used to maintain great body fitness, especially for the legs and arms.
It is also a good choice for people who are into sports or would love physical therapy, weight loss, or injury rehabilitation. The material for the band is pure latex, which is very durable and strong to use.
Also, it offers maximum comfort, easy to carry around, versatile in use, and sweat-resistant. Furthermore, both beginners and experts can use this resistance band with the various body weights available.
These body weights are linked with their colours, such as red for lightweight, green for, medium weight; and black for heavyweight.
- Single loop band with two tension levels
- Fine durable 100% latex material for long-lasting strength
- Soft, comfortable texture
- Can be used by anyone, i.e. both beginners and experts of different weights
- Material is soft on the skin and made of latex which enhances flexibility and stretching
- The band is thermoplastic elastomer-free
- Easy to carry around and presented as a gift on occasions
- Highly durable and well-packaged
- Versatile and can be used for a wide range of purposes such as injury rehab, fitness, body shaping, etc
- Quite affordable compared to other types
- Maintenance is very high
3. AmazonBasics 4-Piece Resistance Bands
This is a one-of-a-kind resistance band because it has four loop bands effective on body parts during exercises.
For instance, body parts such as the ankles, knees, wrists, etc. are wrapped by this band to enhance physical therapy, injury rehabilitation, and mobility. It is versatile and useful for various fitness therapies recommended by a physiotherapist.
The structure is an object solely made of rubber, 25 cm in length and 5 cm in width. It has perfect quality, which makes it highly durable and flexible to use.
Due to its outstanding flexibility, it can be stretched a few more inches than usual without breaking, and this makes it an ideal choice for heavy workouts and exercises.
Furthermore, the four bands are worthy of appraisal because they have different levels of resistance, suitable for all kinds of things. These resistance levels are divided into light, medium, heavy, and super-heavy.
Lastly, the total package of the theraband is entirely lightweight, which means it can be carried around without stress.
- Four pieces of band
- Comes with a carry pouch for easy carrying
- Supports physical therapy, fitness training, injury rehabilitation, and strength building
- Material is made of durable rubber
- Bands are divided into four levels of resistance with colours; light (yellow), medium (red), dense (green) and super-heavy (blue)
- Band length of 25 cm and bandwidth of 5 cm
- Great for heavy exercises
- Stretches beyond what is expected
- Highly durable and easy to carry around
- Useful for beginners
- Price is cheap
- Breaks when overstretched
4. Theraband Band
This 6 ft. theraband is also a non-latex material with a soft material that offers ultimate durability and good quality.
The design of this product is so that it can support instability, train, and strengthen the muscle but only usable by the aged. It restores the user to a good state of health and promotes balance in all day-to-day activities.
It can also be used to enhance proper sitting, making you comfortable and free. This resistance band can be used anywhere and anytime, such as when at work or when travelling by any mode of transport because it is lightweight.
For people with latex allergies, this is a latex-free theraband zero or no effect on the body; hence, you can get it if you want.
It is well-packaged with a pleasant smell and free from talcum powder, which may affect some users. Lastly, few upper and lower body exercises can be done with this band, and there is a division of bands to different colours.
- Latex-free and suitable for latex-allergic individuals
- Synthetic fibre material
- Useful in correcting postural defects
- Suitable for upper and lower body exercises
- Improves strength and fitness level
- Beginner-friendly and ideal for professionals too with its colour-coded progressive system
- Portable and comfortable to use
- Suitable mainly by the aged
- Highly durable with topnotch quality
- Relatively expensive to purchase
5. Strauss Resistance Bands
These bands are designed to meet the requirements of those people who do not have space around them to set up machines for a gym and need to develop core muscle strength. As they are made up of natural rubber latex, they are strong and reliable.
Let us look at all the features of this product.
- The theraband is made up of natural latex rubber, which is durable and is very reliable. The strength of this band is something which makes the product more reliable
- You can use this band at home during the workout, in school, or at the gym
- They are useful to develop muscles in your body and improve core strength and muscle tone
- It comes in three colours which are designed to meet the needs of different body parts
- The medium, heavy, and light band included in this package meets all the requirements of users
- The bands are small and compact, which saves a lot of space while not in use. It can be carried along with you in your bag, making it portable and easy to carry
- These are heavy-duty bands which are designed to meet the requirements of all the users. With use, they get more flexible, so you need not have to fear about them getting broken
- It has a good lifespan
- Different resistance levels are possible by combining all of them
- It provides value for money
- Can break after some time of using
6. Sahni Sports Resistance Bands
Sahni Sports Exercise Resistance band by name is simply one that focuses mainly on sports and then, other workouts. It is a 1.5 M resistance band made of latex rubber material and is available in 3 levels of resistance; heavy, medium and light.
Furthermore, you can use physical therapy exercises, body fitness, injury rehab, chair workouts, yoga, pilates, etc.
You don’t necessarily have to carry this theraband about even though it is portable, but it has been designed solely for domestic use and nothing else. In general, it can be used by anyone, i.e. both beginners and experts (standard size).
- 1.5 M resistance band with a medium thickness
- Portable with three levels of resistance
- Made of latex rubber and has a green colour
- Can be used for all kinds of domestic workout such as yoga, pilates, etc.
- Usable by both beginners and experts
- Very cheap to buy on the market
- Three levels of resistance to pick from
- Size is standard, and the design is good
- Poor maintenance and flexibility
- Only available in one colour
7. Fitlastics Resistance Band
Fitlastics is professional because of how it has been designed to support many exercises.
It is a mini band with maximum support for lower body exercises involving parts like legs, knees, hips, and few upper body exercises with body parts like arms, shoulders, etc.
Furthermore, the resistance band supports domestic activities such as yoga, cross-fits, and with its flexibility, great performance is guaranteed.
Many physiotherapists recommend this band because of its unparalleled quality and features. If you are a lady and looking for a good band to buy for squats and glutes, this is an ideal choice.
The band set consists of 4 resistance levels, including light-medium, heavy, and super-heavy resistance with weights 2-10 kgs, 10-15 kgs, 15-18 kgs, and 18-20 kgs respectively.
- 12 inches by 2 inches resistance band
- Four different resistance levels with weights
- Sweat resistance material
- Quite affordable and superb in quality
- Great flexibility for exercises
- Usable by both men and women
- Good for weight loss and supports injury rehab
- Includes a travel bag for convenience
- Supports strength training
- Approved by physical therapists
- Small in size
8. Tdas Theraband Resistance Bands
Tdas is a 100% natural rubber 1.5-meter band that can be used for several exercises with three resistance levels, i.e. medium, heavy, and super-heavy exercises.
For instance, medium resistance on 4-11 kgs, heavy resistance on 11-20 kgs, and extra heavy on 20-34 kgs. It can be used for several purposes; hence, it is versatile with unlimited uses.
Regardless of the type of workout, you are dealing with, Tdas theraband is ideal for anyone. It is good for strength training, injury rehabilitation (especially the arms and legs), yoga, etc.
It has excellent material which, when placed on the skin, it gives a smooth feel. It is also sweat-resistant and exceptional in quality.
- Three resistance levels with selected body weights
- Latex rubber material
- Soft bands
- Thermoplastic elastomer-free
- Very affordable to purchase
- Portable and easy to carry around
- An ideal choice for weight loss, physical therapy, body shaping, etc
- Poor maintenance
- Snaps easily if stretched too much
9. Kamachi Rubber Tube
For all sports lovers, if there is a type of theraband you should get, it should be Kamachi 2 Rope Rubber Toning Tube. This product manufactured by Kamachi has good quality, and it is one of the best on the market.
It is commonly available in grey colour and made of rubber material. It comes at a low price than other types, making it one of the best customer’s choices.
Furthermore, if you would like to stay fit on all sides as a sportsman, i.e. upper and lower body, the product is a good pick because it keeps the user in shape.
However, it can also be used for other purposes aside improving upper and lower body parts. It consists of a rope in the form of a tube and two handles for grip and support. It is a suitable replacement for dumbbells during workouts.
- Grey coloured tube
- Two handles for grip and hold
- Latex rubber material
- Sleek design and great elasticity
- Very easy to use and carry around
- Great for upper and lower body exercises
- Suitable for various fitness training
- A cool alternative for dumbbells used for muscular exercises
- Very cheap, versatile and flexible
- Design is lovely, and the texture is soft on the skin
- Suitable mostly for experts
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What ways can you store and clean a theraband?
Therabands are highly sensitive to sunlight because of the material’s nature, which affects direct exposure to sunlight and high temperatures. Therefore, store away from sunlight and clean with chlorinated water and tap water after use.
If you have a situation where the band feels sticky, ensure you rinse with mild soap and dust using talcum powder to prevent loss in quality.
2. What is the maximum length of a theraband?
There are various lengths of therabands, and the choice depends on the length of the limb, i.e. forelimb and hind limb, you are using for the exercise.
However, the standard or common length is between 0.7-1.0 m, and the highest length you will find for a theraband is 5 feet or 1.3 m.
3. What is the significance of the different type of colours for a resistance band?
Many people may not know this, but there are different levels of resistance for a theraband. These eight levels are represented by colours, including tan, yellow, red, green, blue, black, silver, and gold.
It is important to know that blue has the strongest resistance while theraband gold has the least and is unavailable in resistive tubing.
4. How durable are therabands?
The level of durability of a theraband depends on the brand that manufactured it. Most of them come with a warranty that directly shows how long a user can use it without losing its optimum quality.
For instance, a theraband can last for as long as two years if used appropriately (at least once or twice per week).
5. What can make a band break?
Bands are simply elastic in which pressure can be exerted. A band can also break just like any elastic material when there is too much force on it. Over time and use, it undergoes constant wear and tears until it breaks completely.
However, it is crucial to take good care and ensure the band’s appropriate use to avoid unnecessary injuries.
6. Can resistance bands burn fat?
Yes. If you add resistance training for 3-5 days a week with your regular exercises, it can improve your metabolic rate.
Muscles can burn more calories than fat, so by doing the resistance exercises, you develop more lean muscles, which burns calories and reduces weight.
7. What do the different colours of a theraband mean?
The different colours of a theraband signify the different resistance they provide and at which body part they target.
These are made of varying thickness and strength based on the quality of latex used in making it. As you stretch and lengthen the band itself, it offers resistance.
- Yellow – offers thin-resistance – affects shoulders and shin
- Red – offers light-resistance – affects biceps and triceps.
- Green – offers medium-resistance – affects legs, chest & back
- Blue – offers heavy-resistance – affects legs, chest & back
- Black – offers X-Heavy-resistance – affects legs, chest & back
Whether you would like to do stretching exercises, physical therapy, strength training, or simple home fitness workouts a resistance band is your ideal choice for a fitter and healthier physique.
The resistance bands are hugely popular among sportspersons and fitness freaks as they provide the flexibility for performing stretching exercises and strength training almost anywhere.
The resistance bands help you to make gradual progress with varying tension levels. By spending only 15-20 minutes daily, you can observe consistent progress toward your fitness goals. It’s a rewarding investment for acquiring toned and curvaceous body frames.