10 Best Therabands
There are many ways you can perform exercises, and one of them is using a Theraband which is lightweight and effective.
In simple terms, a Theraband also called a resistance band made of latex material or rather tube-shaped specifically designed for physical workouts and simple muscular exercises. It does not require much stress and can be used briefly before an activity. There are other options such as exercise ball, ab bench, and even pull-up bars if you want to have a more intense workout.
This workout tool is used by athletes and requires certain body positions before being put into use. Body positions include; a balanced posture, adequate training, and warming up and lastly, stretching at certain angles before using the Theraband. One will enjoy a good state of health and would be able to perform day-to-day activities with this simple training tool.
We have listed the information you require to make the right purchase like the different theraband exercises you can perform, benefits of using Therabands, the different types available, features of the band, a detailed buying guide and top 10 recommendations.
Top 10 Therabands
Best Non-Latex Rubber
Best for Injury Rehab
Best for Heavy Workouts
Best for the Aged
Best for Domestic Use
Best for Tight Budget
Best Eco-friendly Latex
Best for Sportsmen
Best for Latex Allergies
Types of Exercises
The different types of exercises you can perform
Before going into the practical aspect of using a Theraband, five things need to be put into place. After doing these five things, you can now use the Theraband for either upper body exercises or lower body exercises.
The five things are;
- Ensure you get the service of a personal instructor
- Maintain a balanced posture while performing an exercise
- Pick the best Theraband on the market
- Secure the band in a safer place
- Maintain the quality of your band
On how it works for upper body exercises;
- Overhead Extensions: This is an essential exercise for proper positioning of the shoulders and muscles of the arms (triceps). It involves placing the mid-point of the resistance band against a heavy object. Then Squatting or bending on one knee while facing the opposite direction from the object. Then Stretch the arms above the head in a position where both palms are placed in similar directions.
- Chest Exposure: This is an exercise basically for the chest and muscles of the arms (biceps). It involves standing in an upright position with the rear side facing the anchored part of the Theraband and the mid-point of the band against a sturdy object. After, position the arms at a 90 degrees angle in relation to the elbow while the fists are directly in front of the chest. Then, take a step until the impact is felt from the band and lean in a position where one leg is plunged before the other. Release arms and restore till you are satisfied.
- Static pulldown: This exercise works on all part of the upper body, and it requires the positioning of the band to a static object or side planks. Then press body downward with the forearm in a 90 degrees angle with the elbow and head positioned comfortably.
For lower body exercises;
- Side Step Shuffle: A workout specifically designed for the legs and internal & external part of the thighs. This exercise involves you tying the ends of the bands together and placing each side at the ankles. Slowly stretch far apart until an excellent resistance is felt from the band. Repeat till when satisfied and avoid changing position.
- Knee Balance: This is mainly designed for the front part of the legs, thighs, and abs. In this exercise, all you have to do is simple.
Ensure one foot is placed under one end of the resistance band and the other above one end of the band. Raise slowly till knees are placed in hip position and slowly return, raising the other leg simultaneously.
- Bridge & Kick: Specially designed for the leg, rear end and thighs. It affects the shoulder muscles. To perform this exercise; you need to lie on the back, bend knees at an angle 90 degrees, with the body in a bridge position and slowly kicking out the legs until resistance is felt. Repeat several times.
Advantages of Using a Theraband
There are advantages with using a Theraband because they are somewhat crucial for our day-to-day life. Regardless of whether you work long hours or not, a Theraband is an ideal choice to relieve you of stress and keep you fitted.
Other advantages include;
- Exercises the body: Therabands work on all parts of the entire body; hence, exercising the body keeps one fit for other activities.
- Adds variety to workouts: If you are bored with your usual workout routine, you can make use of Therabands because it adds variety to them, making them fun.
- Rehabilitation of injuries: For anyone who has gone through a physical tragedy or experience causing injuries, they are very useful in the rehabilitation process.
- Relieves stress and pain from the joints and muscles: After a long day at work, exercising with a resistance band keeps you relaxed.
- Improves balance, flexibility, and stability: This is important for dancers and acrobats in improving their stance and flexibility.
- Enhances a healthy lifestyle: As you improve your health with a balanced diet, it is important to perform exercises, and Therabands come in handy.
Lightweight and can be used anywhere, anytime: It has been designed in a portable way in which makes it easy to be carried and used anywhere.
Features of Therabands
Several brands and types of Therabands have different features which enhance customer selection. These features include;
Type of Body Massage
It is always easy to buy resistance bands; however, it takes extra effort to get the best from many selections. Therefore, you must understand the purpose of why you are buying a type of band before doing anything. One of the things you should check is: what type is good for your kind of body massage? For instance, for upper body exercises, there are bands specially designed for them.
The material for Therabands, regardless of the brand, is either Latex or Non-latex rubber. The quality of these two types of rubber determines the degree of elasticity and durability. This feature classifies them into the various selection and ultimately affects their price.
Some Therabands come with handles for grip and support. They help to maintain proper balance and can be used for other purposes.
Some Therabands come with consecutive loops, which is an important feature to enhance effectiveness. It is available in different forms.
Types of Therabands
There are several types of Therabands concerning their sizes, elasticity, price, color, and even brand. They are also designed for various purposes; some for professional use and another as beginners’ choice and they are available in different materials and prices.
Professional Latex Resistance Bands
This is a Theraband which is made of a topnotch quality latex rubber and designed solely for upper and lower body exercises. This training tool can be used anywhere and only recommended for professionals because of its design and structure. It comes with handles and a better alternative to dumbbells used in workouts.
Non-Latex CLX Resistance Loops
This is a multipurpose resistance band which is rather elastic in quality and non-latex rubber-like material. This consecutive loop has an incredible grip, which is a top feature and enhances resistance when stretched. This is also a good upper and lower body workout tool.
Professional Non-Latex Resistance Bands
Another Theraband of good quality which has several uses including; injury rehabilitation, improving health status, and maintaining athletic performance. It is also lightweight (easy to use anywhere) and made of a non-latex rubber material. This type of Theraband often comes with a manual.
Also, an exceptional type of Theraband that can be used for a wide range of purposes, especially self-massage. It is rigid in design with a firm handle to enhance performance but only requires an amount of pressure being exerted.
CLX Wall Station
For anyone who is into strength training or other complex exercises, CLX Wall Station is often advised. This Theraband offers a form of rehabilitation for the body; whereby, it is mounted in a static position and allows the user to control in movement.
Buying Guide: What you should consider?
One could be having problems with picking a type of Theraband from a wide variety of options; the best solution is to consider the buying guide below. This buying guide contains factors that should be considered in picking an ideal type for a specific purpose;
Often, it is important to consider the type of rubber, i.e. latex or non-latex before picking or choosing a type of Theraband on any market. The quality of rubber sometimes determines the level of efficiency and resistance of a Theraband. Hence, you should go for one that offers the kind of pressure or resistance required for your kind of exercise.
The length of Theraband is quite important, such that, it determines the kind of exercise you will be performing. For simple exercises, you may choose to use a Theraband with a short length. However, you can make use of a CLX Wall Station Theraband with a long length for complex or strenuous exercises.
The quality of a Theraband solely depends on its elasticity. Elasticity is the degree of flexibility of an elastic material. Therabands are elastic objects, and to use them effectively, their elasticity must be topnotch.
Anyone who would love to use resistance bands for a wide range of purposes, getting a versatile band will be quite helpful. A versatile band can do most of the work of many combined specially designed bands which may be cost-effective at the end. Sometimes, they are improved with outstanding features which may not be found in a regular band.
Lastly, this isn’t necessarily a factor, but it goes a long way for color-selective individuals. There is always a wide range of thera band colors from red to blue to yellow, and to green. If you will be picking any type based on their color, ensure the performance is topnotch about elasticity, flexibility, length, and rubber type.
1. Theraband Resistance Exercise Band – Best Non-Latex Rubber
Theraband Exercise Band is a high resistance non-latex rubber exercise band which is extremely heavy in function and has several levels of resistance. These levels of resistance are represented by the degree of thickness of the band, and it has a unit measurement of 5ft. in length and 5” in width. It is very easy to carry around and requires a good level of maintenance to ensure durability.
This band can be used for quite several exercises and mostly useful for both upper and lower body exercises. The price is not something you should be worried about because, unlike many other types of resistance bands, it is affordable and a great value for money. Lastly, in design, the band has a color range showing resistance with a topnotch quality in general.
Theraband manufactured this product, and the package contains the Exercise band, Instruction and Guide Manual.
- Latex-Free Exercise Band
- 5ft. And 5 inches length and width of band, available in different sizes till 15 feet.
- For help on how to use, a guide manual has been made available
- Quite affordable compared to other types
- Resistance levels for identification
- Superheavy with high thickness
- Highly durable, portable and flexible material
- Versatility is topnotch with limitless uses
- Strong and stretches well
- Provides both positive and negative pressure on the muscles and joints
- Improves strength and keeps the body in a good position, i.e. corrects bad body posture
- Requires proper maintenance
- Loses elasticity on prolonged use.
2. Tdas Resistance Bands – Best for Injury Rehab
Tdas is one brand that manufactures great products, and luckily, one of them is Tdas Resistance bands used to maintain great body fitness, especially for the legs and arms. It is also a good choice for people who are into sports or would love physical therapy, weight loss, or injury rehabilitation. The material for the band is pure latex, which is very durable and strong to use.
Also, it offers maximum comfort, easy to carry around, versatile in use, and sweat-resistant. Furthermore, both beginners and experts can make use of this resistance band about the various body weights available.
These body weights are ultimately linked with their colors, such as Red for Lightweight; Green for Medium weight; and Black for Heavyweight.
- Single loop band with two tension levels
- Fine durable 100% latex material for long-lasting strength
- Soft, comfortable texture
- Can be used by anyone, i.e. both beginners and experts of different weights
- Material is soft on the skin and made of latex which enhances flexibility and stretching
- The band is Thermoplastic Elastomer-free
- Easy to carry around and presented as a gift on occasions
- Highly durable and well-packaged
- Versatile and can be used for a wide range of purposes such as injury rehab, fitness, body shaping, etc.
- Quite affordable compared to other types
- Maintenance is very high
3. AmazonBasics 4-Piece Resistance Bands – Best for Heavy Workouts
This is a one-of-a-kind resistance band because it has four pieces of loop bands which are effective on body parts during exercises. For instance, body parts such as the ankles, knees, wrists, etc. are wrapped by this band to enhance physical therapy, injury rehabilitation, and an increase in mobility. It is versatile and useful for various fitness therapies recommended by a physiotherapist.
Looking at the structure, it is an object solely made of rubber, which is 25 cm in length and 5 cm in width. It has a perfect quality, which makes it highly durable and flexible to use. Due to its outstanding flexibility, it can be stretched a few more inches than usual without breaking, and this makes it an ideal choice for heavy workouts and exercises.
Furthermore, the four bands are worthy of appraisal because they have different levels of resistance, which is suitable for all kind of things. These resistance levels are divided into; light, medium, heavy, and super-heavy. Lastly, the total package of the Theraband is entirely lightweight; which means it can be carried around without stress.
- Four pieces of band
- Comes with a carry pouch for easy carrying
- Supports physical therapy, fitness training, injury rehabilitation, and strength building
- Material is made of durable rubber
- Bands are divided into four levels of resistance with colors; light (Yellow), medium (Red), dense (green) and super-heavy (blue)
- Band length of 25 cm and Bandwidth of 5 cm
- Great for heavy exercises
- Stretches beyond what is expected
- Highly durable and easy to carry around
- Useful for beginners
- Price is cheap
- Breaks when overstretched
4. Theraband Band – Best for the Aged
This 6 ft. Theraband is also a non-latex material with a soft material which offers ultimate durability and has a good quality. The design of this product is in such a way that it can support instability, train, and strengthen the muscle but only usable by the aged. It restores user to a good state of health and promotes balance in all day-to-day activities.
It can also be used to enhance proper sitting, making you comfortable and free. This resistance band can be used anywhere and anytime, such as when at work or when traveling by any mode of transport because it is lightweight. For people with latex allergies, this is a latex-free Theraband zero or no effect on the body; hence, you can get it if you want.
It is well-packaged with pleasant smell and free from talcum powder which may have reactions on some users. Lastly, few upper and lower body exercises can be done with this band, and there is a division of bands to different colors, namely; Yellow, Red, and Green, which is suitable for beginners.
- Latex-free and suitable for latex-allergic individuals
- Synthetic Fiber Material
- Useful in correcting postural defects
- Suitable for upper and lower body exercises
- Improves strength and fitness level
- Beginner-friendly and ideal for professionals too with its color-coded progressive system
- Portable and comfortable to use
- Suitable mainly by the aged
- Highly durable with topnotch quality
- Relatively expensive to purchase
5. Hale Resistance Bands – Best for Domestic Use
With five sets of bands, this Theraband is a 12 inches resistance band that can be used for a lot of exercises and correction. It is an excellent choice for dancers and works for knee raises with different colors of resistance. It also works for all kinds of fitness level, muscle toning, physical therapy, and strengthening of the joints and muscles.
On an outlook, each one of the resistance bands in Hale Resistance Exercise Loops is made of natural latex. It makes it odor-free and does not require talcum powder for maintenance. In fact, natural latex improves its strength and makes it suitable for heavy activities or workouts. This is a great choice for every home if needed to have a Theraband for domestic purposes.
Also, for anyone participating in Yoga and other therapeutic body exercises like cross-fits, this product is also effective and ensures high performance. Some characteristics of the Theraband, such as being lightweight, versatile, durable, and compact body, makes it wonderful for all the purposes aforementioned.
- Different thera band colors in resistance
- Five sets of 12” Band
- Compact/sturdy design and portable body
- Made of 100% natural rubber
- Odor-free and no talcum powder
- Good for domestic purposes including Yoga and Cross-fits
- Very easy to carry around due to its portable size
- Available in different resistance and band colors
- Versatile and performs excellently well
- Ideal for people suffering from back, leg and knee injuries
- Natural rubber increases its strength above average
- Quite expensive to buy
- Breaks easily if stressed.
6. Sahni Sports 1.5M Resistance Bands – Best for Tight Budget
Sahni Sports Exercise Resistance band by name is simply one that focuses mainly on Sports and then, other workouts. It is a 1.5 M resistance band made of latex rubber material and is available in 3 levels of resistance; heavy, medium and light. However, it is available only in Green color, and it is very cheap, which makes it a good choice if you are on a tight budget.
Furthermore, some exercises you can use this product for include; physical therapy, body fitness, injury rehab, chair workouts, Yoga, Pilates, etc. You don’t necessarily have to carry this Theraband about even though it is portable; it has been designed solely for domestic use and nothing else. In general, it can be used by anyone, i.e. both beginners and experts (standard size).
- 1.5 M resistance band with a medium thickness
- Portable with three levels of resistance
- Made of latex rubber and has a Green color
- Can be used for all kinds of domestic workout such as Yoga, Pilates, etc.
- Usable by both beginners and experts
- Very cheap to buy on the market
- Three levels of resistance to pick from
- Size is standard, and the design is good
- Poor maintenance and flexibility
7. Fitlastics Resistance Band – Best Quality
Fitlastics is professional because of how it has been designed to support many exercises. It is a mini band with maximum support for lower body exercises involving parts like legs, knees, hips, and few upper body exercises with body parts like arms, shoulders, etc. It comes as a complete set, which makes it one of the best products in the world of Therabands.
Furthermore, the resistance band supports domestic activities such as Yoga, Cross-fits, and with its flexibility, great performance is guaranteed. Many physiotherapists recommend this band because of its unparalleled quality and features. If you are a lady and you are looking for the best products to buy for squats and glutes, this is an ideal choice.
Lastly, the band set consists of 4 resistance levels, which includes; Light Medium, Heavy, and Super-heavy resistance with weights 5-20 lbs., 20-35 lbs., 35-40lbs., and 40-45 lbs, respectively.
- 12 inches by 2 inches resistance band
- Four different resistance levels with weights
- Travel Bag
- Sweat resistance material
- Quite affordable and superb in quality
- Great flexibility for exercises
- Usable by both men and women
- Good for weight loss and supports injury rehab.
- Includes a travel bag for convenience
- Supports strength training
- Approved by physical therapists
- Small in size
8. Tdas Theraband Resistance Bands – Best Eco-friendly Latex
Tdas is a 100% natural rubber 1.5-meter band which can be used for several exercises with three resistance levels, i.e. Medium, Heavy, and Super-heavy. For instance, medium resistance on 10-25lbs., heavy resistance on 24-45 lbs, and extra heavy on 45-75 lbs., about body weight. It can be used for several purposes; hence, it is versatile with unlimited uses.
Regardless of the type of workout, you are dealing with, Tdas Theraband is an ideal choice for anyone. It is good for strength training, injury rehabilitation (especially the arms and legs), Yoga, etc. It has an excellent material which, when placed on the skin, it gives a smooth feel. It is also sweat-resistant and exceptional in quality.
- Three resistance levels with selected body weights
- Latex rubber material
- Soft bands
- Thermoplastic Elastomer-free
- Very affordable to purchase
- Portable and easy to carry around
- An ideal choice for weight loss, physical therapy, body shaping, etc.
- Versatile and durable over a long period
- Topnotch quality and stretches perfectly
- Poor maintenance
9. Kamachi Rubber Tube – Best for Sportsmen
For all lovers of sport, if there is a type of Theraband you should get, it should be Kamachi 2 Rope Rubber Toning Tube. This product manufactured by Kamachi has good quality, and it is one of the best on the market. It is commonly available in Grey color and made of rubber material. It comes at a low price than other types, and that makes it one of the best customer’s choice.
Furthermore, if you would like to stay fit on all sides as a sportsman, i.e. upper and lower body, the product is a good pick because it keeps the user in shape. However, it can also be used for other purposes aside improving upper and lower body parts. It consists of a rope in the form of a tube and two handles which is for grip and support. It is a suitable replacement for dumbbells during workouts.
- Grey colored tube
- Two handles for grip and hold
- Latex rubber material
- Sleek design and great elasticity
- Very easy to use and carry around
- Great for upper and lower body exercises
- Suitable for various fitness training
- Cool alternative for dumbbells used for muscular exercises
- Very cheap, versatile and flexible
- Design is lovely, and the texture is soft on the skin
- Suitable mostly for experts
10. Theraband Resistance Bands – Best for Latex Allergies
The band stretches to a good length and is suitable for many exercises that involve the muscles. The strength of the band lies in the level of flexibility of the material, and this happens naturally.
Workouts with this band are often practical, and it is good for the upper and lower body exercises with the rehabilitation of muscles. For each band in the package, there is a resistance level with measurements; Blue (the strongest resistance) requires 5.8 to 8.5 lbs., Black (with medium resistance) requires 7.3 to 10.2 lbs, and Silver (the least resistance) requires 10.2 to 15.3 lbs.
In general, Theraband is a manufacturer with an outstanding reputation in producing resistance bands with quality. They are always known to produce durable products with great features for performance.
- Non-latex rubber good for allergic and sensitive people
- Three resistance levels ranging from Blue to Silver
- Soft texture
- Portable and very easy to carry around
- Flexibility increases naturally
- Great for upper and lower body exercises, as well as muscle rehab
- Advanced features
- Durability is top-notch, and the texture is great
- Very expensive
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What ways can you store and clean a Theraband?
Therabands are highly sensitive to sunlight because of the nature of the material, which affects direct exposure to sunlight and high temperatures. Therefore, store away from sunlight and clean with chlorinated water and tap water after use. Also, if you have a situation where the band feels sticky, ensure you rinse with mild soap and dust using talcum powder to prevent loss in quality.
2. What is the maximum length of a Theraband?
There are various lengths of Therabands and choice depends on the length of the limb, i.e. forelimb and hind limb, you are using for the exercise. However, the standard or common length is between 0.7-1.0 m, and the highest length you will find for a Theraband is 5 feet or 1.3 m.
3. What is the significance of the different type of colors for a Resistance Band?
Many people may not know this, but there are different levels of resistance for a Theraband. These eight levels are represented by colors, which include; Tan, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Black, Silver, and Gold, which are evident in popular brands.
It is important to know that Blue has the strongest resistance while theraband Gold has the least and is unavailable in resistive tubing.
4. How durable are Therabands?
The level of durability of a Theraband depends on the brand that manufactured it. Most of them come with a warranty which directly shows how long a user can make use of it without losing its optimum quality. For instance, a Theraband can last for as long as two years if used appropriately (at least once or twice per week).
5. What can make a band break?
Bands are simply elastic in which pressure can be exerted. A band can also break just like any elastic material when there is too much force on it. Over time and use, it undergoes constant wear and tears until it breaks completely.
However, it is crucial to take good care and ensure the appropriate use of the band to avoid unnecessary injuries that may result.
6. What kind of Theraband is useful for dancers?
Therabands are very useful to dancers just like anyone performing activities that require stretching. A band that requires a dancer placing his or her foot into the band is great to strengthen the feet. The two types of Therabands that are not often used are CLX Wall Station and Roller Massager.
7. What is the best Theraband one can buy?
Getting the best Theraband requires a lot and consideration to a lot of factors. There are also a few brands that produce the best ones; however, the best types you can get on the market have been reviewed and compared above. You can pick any out of the ten above that fits into your budget and great for your kind of exercise.
Having compared and reviewed the best Therabands, it is evident that good things do not come easy and it takes a lot to find the best out of many. The top 10 resistance bands above have been considered based on so many factors including; flexibility, elasticity, durability, resistance levels, measurements, design, etc. before being reviewed.
From above, we know that the basic color codes have a special effect on our understanding of how Therabands work, i.e. Blue for super-high resistance, Black for high resistance, etc. These Therabands have a lot to contribute to our everyday lives because they keep us fit and correct different body defects easily without visiting the hospital.
- We choose the Theraband Latex Free Resistance Exercise Band because it is top-rated and effective for all kind of exercises.
- We choose Tdas Theraband Resistance Bands because of the quality of its material, performance, and convenience in use.
- We choose AmazonBasics 4-Piece Exercise and Resistance Loop Bands because it is simple and a good value for money.
In conclusion, it is pertinent for you to make proper findings before you go ahead to buy a resistance band. We have helped the possible way we can to ensure you have a smooth and easy shopping for Therabands. Pick something that fits into your budget and works perfectly for the kind of exercise you want.