Best Fitness Bands with Heart Rate Monitor
Keeping a track of your fitness periodically helps a lot in achieving your fitness goals. It helps you to fine-tune your fitness-regime and make the necessary changes in your diet and exercise pattern.
There is no easier and better way to track your fitness than using a fitness band. It provides a detailed analysis of your body movements including acceleration, duration, patterns, frequency, and intensity of your movement throughout the day.
These fitness bands are equipped with powerful motion sensors that help in tracking various fitness-related metrics such as monitoring heart rate, kilometers walked, sleeping pattern, calorie consumption, etc.
Best Fitness Bands in India
Fitness Band Buyer’s Guide
One such invention is the fitness band that is used to keep track of one’s fitness and physical activities and how it affects one’s body. Many brands have come up with fitness bands that have amazing features to keep track of our daily activities.
You might have all the machines for weight loss, but if you don’t track your results, then it’s of no use.
Many brands are launching their fitness bands, and choosing among them can be a difficult task.
These bands have many promising features that can make a lot of difference in your daily life and can positively affect your life.
In today’s world, we need constant motivation to keep ourselves healthy, and these fitness bands can make that happen.
Before purchasing a fitness band, consider your target and aim, because choosing the right fitness tracker for your goals can fast-track your objectives.
Here is a guide to finding the best band for your lifestyle, budget, fitness or goal, and sense of fashion.
Things to consider before buying a fitness band include:
Good battery life is a must so you can use it for long periods without having to charge frequently. So make sure to check the battery life of the band on a single charge.
Among other essential features, a fitness band should be waterproof.
We tend to sweat a lot while working out, so it should not damage the band. Waterproof ability also allows us to use it in rain or while swimming.
This feature will help you keep track of notifications on your smartphone so you do not miss an important mail or a message.
A fitness band should have sensors that give you an accurate reading of various parameters related to your workout. These sensors record every activity to help you analyze your health and thus helping you to keep yourself healthy.
An ideal fitness band should have a sleek design and should also be light, which will make it comfortable and convenient to wear.
There are several styles of fitness trackers. They may be worn on the wrist, used as a necklace, or pinned to clothing, but the most popular style is the wrist fitness band.
If you’re not ready to constantly wear this device on your wrist, you can choose other options.
Nowadays, manufacturers are more concerned about the style, that’s why you may find some of these devices looking great and flashy with customized and changeable bands, while others are of low profile look.
Keep in mind that the style you choose must be comfortable while sleeping.
Those with small wrists will surely be uncomfortable with bulky trackers, so choose a style that will give you maximum comfort always.
One of the most important features to consider in a fitness band is the display. The more sophisticated trackers use numbers, words, or symbols to display their output, while others may show information through an LED display.
When you use a smart device to synchronize data, the band’s compatible application will archive, interpret, and analyze the information. There are several specifications and options when it has to do with the tracker’s display.
- Side buttons
- Visibility in different light conditions
- Touch sensitivity
- Screen size
- Color options
It’s also important to choose a tracker with a simple interface because while some may come with a smooth learning process, others are too complicated and not worth it.
Before making a final decision on its purchase, ensure that the device is compatible with your smartphone or computer because some fitness trackers can only synchronize with Android, others with Apple iOS devices or Windows.
Fitness trackers use algorithms and sensors to detect all your activities. The fitness trackers provide accurate data but not as much as the heart rate monitor used by the doctors that is strapped on the chest of a person.
There are several features of a fitness band, including sleep tracking, activity tracking, and heart rate monitoring. These features determine your decision to purchase a fitness tracker, so it is important first to establish the key feature that you need in the device.
Other considerations are data and metrics, which are important for people who need them for health improvement, training, or sleep activity.
Identifying the particular features you need in the device will help you make your decision quickly.
1. Honor Band 4
Honor Band 4 is the newest addition to the market in the range of fitness bands with a heartbeat rate tracker.
It comes with an ocean of features such as TrueSleep scientific monitoring feature that keeps track of your sleeping hours, collects the data, and analyzes it.
It identifies and provides solutions for your common sleeping disorders.
- The band has a clip design that gives a firm grip while wearing it. It comes with a 0.95 inch AMOLED screen that helps you to perform various activities.
- It comes with a True Sleep scientific monitoring feature that keeps the status of your sleep hours, collects the data, and then analyzes it. It is capable of identifying and providing solutions for your common sleep problems.
- The 5ATM water-resistant feature makes it 50-meter water-resistant.
- TruSeen feature allows 24-hour heart monitoring and provides warnings when the rate drops.
- One of the most significant advantages of this product is the long standby time. It works for about 17 days and also saves time on a normal charge.
- The band has a touch screen that allows you to adjust the settings easily. Now you can easily adjust the brightness of the screen.
- It has a dynamic and vivid display.
- It is beneficial during swimming as it senses swimming postures. The 6-axis sensor recognizes the main stroke, such as freestyle, breaststroke, butterfly, backstroke.
- A versatile product that could be used in multiple sports activities such as walking, cycling, swimming, and training.
- It performs various activities such as counting steps, speed, distance, number of turns, calories burnt, etc.
- The glass display is prone to damage easily. It is advisable to put a screen protector.
2. Mi Smart Band 5
Mi Smart Band 5 is an advanced fitness band that comes bundled with various robust features such as personal activity intelligence (PAI) and numerous professional sports modes.
It has a larger 2.79cm (1.1”) full-touch AMOLED screen that displays everything bigger, better, and brighter on one screen.
- It features a powerful battery that lasts longer up to 2 weeks on a single charge. On a power savings mode, it provides up to 3 weeks of battery life.
- It provides hassle-free magnetic charging that starts charging in a snap
- It comes with 11 professional sports modes including yoga tracking, pool swimming, power walking, treadmill, outdoor running, outdoor cycling, indoor cycling, elliptical, rowing machine, jump rope, and freestyle workout.
- Mi Smart band 5 features PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) that serves as a single matrix for tracking all your fitness-related activities. The calculation of the personal vitality index is done by using vital data points such as age, gender, heart-rate, etc.
- This fitness band provides 24-hour sleep monitoring including naps and REM (rapid eye movement) sleep tracking.
- It also offers 24-hour heart rate monitoring.
- It is equipped with the latest women’s health tracking system that records the ovulation phases and menstrual cycle and provides useful reminders in advance.
- It provides guided breathing exercises for lowering your stress levels.
- It can be set with a MiFit App that provides all your tracked health data on your smartphone anytime.
- It helps you to manage your stress by keeping track of your stress levels.
- It features an improved heart rate sensor for enhanced accuracy.
- This fitness band comes bundled with lots of smart features like managing your calls, controlling music, locating your phone, receiving app notifications, idle alerts, checking the weather, setting alarms, etc.
- With this fitness band, you can show off your style by choosing a watch face that matches your style perfectly from a collection of unlimited watch faces.
- Lack of SPO2 feature and scratch-resistant glass.
3. MEVOFIT Bold HR Fitness Band
MevoFit Bold HR Fitness Band is a complete fitness tracker packed with several important features for monitoring fitness parameters, and keeping records of distance and steps covered, calories burnt, heart rate monitoring, and sleep tracking.
The built-in optical sensor tracks the heart rate round the clock, which makes it possible for workloads to be maximized. You can wear it while sleeping to monitor your sleep quality.
The MevoFit Bold HR fitness band comes with a touchscreen, which displays call and SMS notifications, alarm clock, unique clock faces, social notifications, reminders, and temperature automatic synchronization.
This fitness band is most suitable for sports enthusiasts, and it is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- It has a full HD 0.96 inch OLED touchscreen and a smart light sensor to adjust the brightness of the screen automatically, thereby offering the best visual output.
- It is designed for sports and athletes professionals.
- It keeps track of all activities, including running, steps, calories burnt, distance, and active minutes.
- It monitors the sleep quality to track your sleep level automatically for analysis and recommendations.
- There are seven types of sports to choose from which include: soccer, running, basketball, badminton, tennis, cycling, and table tennis, but cycling, running, and ball sports are selected automatically.
- It comes with a USB dongle that could be used to charge the tracker on the computer/laptop’s USB port.
- It supports weather forecasting and displays the current status of the weather on the screen.
- Has a smart design.
- Long-lasting battery life up to 8 to 10 days when fully charged.
- Steady heart rate monitoring.
- Complete water resistant(IP 67).
- With the two types of customized dial on it, you can change the display at any time to your preferred choice.
- Gives accurate data on heart rate, steps covered, and calories burnt.
- No swimming function.
- No proper synchronization.
4. Mi Band 3
The Mi Band 3 features a large OLED touch-sensitive display to give you more vision at a glance. By simply lifting your wrist, you can read messages, view and reject calls, and tap an embedded button for heart rate and steps.
The advanced pedometer algorithm in this tracker filters out movements that are not necessary and measures the rate of heartbeat more accurately.
With the preinstalled motion sensor, the Mi Band 3 detects exactly when your workout begins, so that you don’t need to inform it before you start.
This tracker by Xiaomi is highly sophisticated, and it’s built to carry your unique identity by unlocking instantly when you are close to your compatible Android device or smartphone.
- It comes with a heart rate monitor, advanced step tracking, and sleep quality analysis.
- Phone locator feature – Rings your phone when misplaced.
- It has 0.78-inch OLED touch-sensitive display.
- The automatic phone unlock feature for Android when you go close to your phone.
- 20-days battery life with one full charge.
- It has a weather forecast feature.
- Notification and call alerts.
- Get idle alerts – The band vibrates and reminds you of taking a walk.
- It is compatible with iOS 7.0 and above, Android 4.4, Bluetooth 4.0 or above.
- It is designed elegantly that make it suit all your outfits.
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters.
- Perfect fit.
- The screen cannot be seen clearly visible under the sun.
- Doesn’t support iOS.
5. Samsung Galaxy Fit2 Smart Band
Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 smart band is equipped with lots of useful and advanced features that are aimed at making your lives easier, better, and healthier.
It is designed to provide better visibility with its beautiful 3D glasses. It helps you to maintain your rhythm and speed while you are moving.
- It features a 1.1” wide full-color AMOLED display and sleek design that provides you all the information with just a quick glance on its screen.
- It has a unique groove on the strap that prevents sweat gathering and takes your comfort to the next higher level.
- It offers water-resistance up to the depth of 50 m with 5ATM certification.
- It is designed for auto-workout tracking that automatically detects 6+ different workouts such as running and walking; for tracking calories-burned, pace, heart-rate, time-spent, etc.
- It comes with a long-lasting battery life of up to 21 days on a single charge. It tracks all your activity during your workouts.
- Whether you are doing dynamic workouts, ellipticals, or rowing at the gym, this fitness band can track your workouts effortlessly.
- You can express your unique style by choosing from 70 different downloadable watch faces and pick the one that suits your style.
- Its slimmer and comfortable design ensures that you can easily wear it all day long.
- It has a tough build to match your active lifestyle.
- You can easily do your fitness workouts while wearing this fitness band.
- It can be worn throughout the day for actively tracking day-time activities and consistently monitoring sleep quality over time.
- You can also set this fitness band with the Samsung health app for automatically tracking your stress levels and take positive steps like breathing exercises for managing it.
- Galaxy Fit2 is designed for seamless pairing with your Galaxy smartphone for enjoying various useful features.
- You can check notifications and access fast responses from your wrist. It lets you control the music on your mobile app without picking your phone.
- Lack of SPO2 tracking feature.
6. Mi Band 2
This one comes from MI, a very popular brand, which has gained popularity in the last couple of years. T
his fitness band comes with many below mentioned features that make it a great buy. If you are planning to buy one, then you must consider this one.
- It has an OLED display and also comes with a touch panel.
- It is both a fitness tracker as well as a watch.
- It can track our heartbeats.
- It also tracks our sleeping cycle.
- It calculates calories burned.
- It monitors our daily activities.
- It tracks the number of kilometers walked.
- It has an amazing battery life that can last up to 20 days.
- It also comes with an aluminum case which is anti-sweat.
- It is water-resistant.
- It has a great battery backup.
- It does not have a built-in GPS.
7. Honor Band A2
A very popular brand right now in the world of tech gadgets, Honor has stepped up the game further by coming up with the fitness band series.
This one, in particular, is one of the top-rated fitness bands and has many amazing features that make it a great buy.
- It comes with a large OLED screen for better user experience.
- It has a multi-touch screen which means that you can use all the functions easily.
- It continuously tracks the heartbeat rate.
- It can save from injuries by giving reminders regarding fast heartbeats rate.
- It has the call and messages reminder feature.
- It keeps track of your fitness all day and all night long.
- It displays workout data to give us a better understanding of our health.
- It comes with a sleep monitoring feature that tracks our sleeping cycle for better sleeping patterns and also has a smart alarm clock.
- It comes with Bluetooth and is compatible with most Android and IOS devices.
- It can be connected to health apps for better usage.
- It is sweatproof and waterproof.
- The battery can last up to 9 days, and it has a magnetic charging process.
- The design is extremely lightweight which makes it comfortable to wear.
- The brand could have made it more user-friendly.
8. Huawei ERS-B19 Band 2 Classic Activity Tracker
Another one in the league of fitness bands is the Huawei fitness band that is amazing with its loaded features and technology. This one is a great buy, and you will definitely not regret purchasing this one.
- It keeps track of heartbeats and daily activities as well.
- It keeps a check on the calories burnt and distance covered.
- It can support activities like running, swimming.
- It checks sleep patterns and collects the data.
- It has alarm notifications for better and regular sleep.
- It gives notifications such as incoming calls, SMS, etc.
- It is waterproof and is an extremely comfortable wear.
- It has a built-in GPS system that helps you keep a more accurate check on the number of kilometers walked.
- It has a built-in GPS system.
- It is waterproof.
- It has an average battery life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best fitness band under 3000?
2. What are the best fitness watches for large wrists?
The best fitness watch for the large wrist is Fitbit Charge 2 Wireless Activity Tracker.
3. What are the best fitness trackers for small wrists?
The best fitness tracker for small wrists is Honor Band 4.
4. Which fitness tracker has the most accurate heart rate monitor?
The best fitness trackers which have the most accurate heart rate monitor are Mi Band 5 and Samsung Galaxy Fit2 Smart Band. It tracks the heart rate continuously.
5. What are fitness trackers used for?
Fitness trackers are devices used for monitoring, tracking, and measuring activities related to fitness, which include heartbeat, distance walked, sleep quality, calories burned.
6. Are fitness bands accurate?
Yes, most fitness bands can accurately monitor and measure your heart rate and keep track of the calories burned.
7. Do fitness trackers determine blood pressure?
Yes, fitness bands are capable of measuring blood pressure with a built-in monitor.
8. How does a fitness band monitor heart rate?
Fitness band uses a technology known as pulse oximetry to monitor heart rate by allowing infrared light to penetrate the surface of the skin looking for changes in blood color or appearance.
So, the blood oxygenation is represented by these colors, which increases the heartbeat.
Fitness bands come bundled with many smart features that are aimed to make our lives easy and better. They come with a wide range of fitness or workout modes for tracking different types of exercises including running, walking, etc.
Right from helping us to stick to our fitness routine to managing our stress levels or monitoring our sleep cycle, these bands serve as our ideal health companion. These bands enable us to access some smartphone functions from our wrist.
Check out our reviewed fitness bands and choose the one that optimally serves your needs and comes within your budget.
Out of the above-mentioned fitness bands, the Honor Band 4 is one of the good high-end products, whereas if you don’t want to spend much, MI Band 5 fits your need.