Best Squash Shoes – Reviews & Buyers Guide
Squash is a swift game and what helps you keep up the pace of the game than a good pair of squash shoes!
This game can prove to be extremely strenuous for your feet. Thus to win the game with the proper support of one’s shoe is the goal you have to achieve. This can only be done when your feet are at peace and not swollen or injured or cramped.
To keep your feet comfortable and your mind focused solely on your game-play, you need the perfect pair of shoes. Just like any other sports shoes, squash shoes have different some unique features which are best suitable for playing squash.
I’m sure you have several questions concerning how one can find that one win perfect pair which will fit them the best.
Are you confused which brand to purchase? Or
Which ones will be perfect for your feet as well as your pocket? Or
Which ones will also prove to be extremely durable and long-lasting?
All these questions are natural to pop up in your mind.
But worry not, because we have created the perfect guide for you to pick the pair of shoes which takes care of your game, comfort level as well as your budget.
We have provided a detailed description showcasing all the features of the shoe. We have also given an insight based on our personal experience, mentioning whether the shoe is worthy of its price or not. Based on the level you are at, you can pick which shoe will be most useful for the corresponding level.
We guarantee that this study will help you make an informed decision. The first step, however, is to follow the basic mantra: To practice any sport the right way, you need the right equipment!
Top 8 Best Squash Shoes
A potential buyer must keep in mind the following points and then make the purchase.
Players should feel comfortable at the most, to improve their game and shoes play a significant role in that. Try your shoes before the actual game, so that, your feet get used to it. Your shoes should not be too tight or too loose, or else you would develop sore or ankle issues.
Always have a budget while buying shoes. There are wide ranges of products available in the market, and each of them differs in their features. So, try to buy shoes according to your budget.
Your skill level is significant while buying shoes. As different shoes are designed for a different level of games.
Sole of the shoe
The unique, major, and most important quality of squash shoes is their sole. The sole has to be made out of a specific gum rubber which helps in maximizing the grip while you’re running.
The shoes must also feature a non-marking sole since you are not allowed to leave any marks on the court. This is the first and the foremost feature to keep track of while purchasing the shoe.
You have to make it a point to pick up shoes which fit you perfectly. It shouldn’t be tense at all. If your feet feel even slightly cramped, you shouldn’t make the purchase. While playing squash, a lot of running takes place, and thus if the shoes are not the exact size, it causes strain on your legs.
While playing, your feet swell, and tight shoes then cause discomfort. Make sure your toes have enough breathing space in there. Another important aspect is your ankles. If you have slightly plump ankles purchasing cushy shoes aren’t an option; since they stop the blood flow from reaching your ankles. In case you have thin ankles, make sure you don’t get a bigger size because it’ll loosen your grip causing you to fall.
When you are in the purchasing process, you want to make sure that the shoes you’re buying are going to be long-lasting.
Firstly you must examine the product well to make sure you aren’t purchasing a defective product.
Secondly, you must also check the warranty of the product. Avoid buying products without any warranty period.
Weight is also a very crucial thing to be taken into consideration while picking the right shoe. Try on the pair of shoes walk around a little bit to check if you are comfortable with the weight. Sometimes due to excessive cushioning, the shoes tend to become slightly heavy. Thus you need to make sure you can handle the weight.
8 Best Squash Shoes
1. ASICS Men’s Shoes
ASICS brings into the market their all-new product, which is best suitable for indoor games such as squash and badminton. The design and color of the product are unique, which look super cool.
The comfort and softness is something which this product provides. Let us have a look at the other features of this product.
- The product has been designed for using in Squash games as well as other indoor games such as Badminton. The versatile product is a good buy for users.
- The material which is used to make it is synthetic which provides extreme comfort and softness even if you are wearing it all day.
- The closure-type is lace up.
- The design and color look super cool on your feet.
- It is designed for users who love to play indoor sports.
- It is not recommendable for someone with flat feet.
2. Adidas Quick force 3.1
Adidas is a well-known brand in the Sports and Fitness industry. The new Adidas QuickForce 3.1 will help you ace the game again and make you look charismatic while doing it.
- The Adidas Quickforce 3.1 comes in at just 295 grams, which make it extremely light and provides comfort without being overweight.
- The sole is made out of rubber which ensures a firm nonslip grip which gives you an edge in any game.
- The shoe has an inner mesh lining, albeit being lightweight makes it one of the most comfortable shoes which guarantee long hours of play without any fatigue.
- The shoes provide a flashy and fashionable red appearance while playing while not being too distracting.
- The shoes have a synthetic upper material which allows for easy cleaning.
- The shoes have a three-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- The shoes are available in a variety of sizes to best suit the needs of the consumer.
- These shoes have an upper material made of a scratch-resistant material which eliminates minor wear and tears while also maintaining the stylish look
- The shoes can be easily cleaned with a bad quality brush or a damp cloth.
- The shoes, although brilliant and stylish but are pricey.
- These are not practical for most beginners.
3. Puma Veloz Indoor III
These quirky shoes from Puma are third on our list. These shoes are best suited for intermediate or advanced players.
- These shoes have an upper material made of mesh and textile.
- These shoes are not as lightweight as the Quickforce but still manage to maintain an almost equal amount of comfort.
- Unlike others, these shoes are made of extremely comfortable memory foam insoles which mold according to the player’s foot.
- While these shoes may not be the cheapest, they offer features and comfort similar to the higher priced shoes at a much lower price and prove to be a brilliant alternative if you don’t want to spend too much money.
- These shoes are also available in a different colored variant called Puma Veloz Indoor III Multi-Color Indoor Court Shoes.
- The upper material provides the breathing of the mesh and the luxurious feeling of textile.
- Maintains a fairly good comfort level.
- The memory foam insoles ensure that the shoes are extremely comfortable by moderately distributing the weight of the cushions and confirming the grip again.
- These are available in various sizes.
- Not very light-weight.
- The only drawback of the Puma Veloz Indoor III is that it is available in very few sizes.
4. Nivia Badminton Flash Shoes
These shoes have a very traditional sports shoes look, which is maintained by the brand Nivia.
- The Nivia badminton flash shoes are a great pair of non-marking rubber-soled shoes for beginners.
- These shoes are made of mesh and PVC synthetic leather to imitate quality and comfort or real leather.
- These shoes offer very little to almost no comfort, but it can barely be an argument for a product at its price point.
- They come in at a very low price.
- The mesh lining provides adequate breathing space for your toes.
- These shoes come in lots of sizes and two different colors.
- Very little comfort level.
- Does not give the feel of leather.
5. Yonex SHB 34EX Badminton Shoes
These shoes have a flashy color combination. However, Yonex is a very popular brand in the shoe industry.
- These shoes are made out of the special Yonex power cushion.
- These shoes have a varying price, but the caveat is that the price varies according to the size of the shoe.
- These shoes also have substandard quality materials such as P.U leather which tries to maintain the feel of leather, but it is cheaper and lacks the durability and longevity of real leather.
- The midsoles are made of ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) and are again of substandard quality. This material choice may make the shoes lighter, but over time, they lose their cushioning.
- The outsoles are made of rubber to ensure a firm grip.
- These shoes are available in a variety of sizes.
- Power cushion is shock absorbent and transfers the energy absorbed back for effortless movement.
- These shoes are extremely light in weight.
- Has a good grip.
- Offers a variety of sizes.
- Works wonders for people with tiny feet.
- These shoes have substandard quality materials.
- Not very suitable for people with wide feet.
6. Puma Men’s Gavetto Sala
These cool and color-coordinated shoes by Puma prove to be a great buy.
- The Puma Gavetto Sala is a premium offering from Puma.
- These shoes are available in a variety of sizes and colors.
- These shoes have a 90-day warranty against manufacturing defects.
- These shoes are made of synthetic material all around, ensuring comfort and durability.
- They have to be into shoe boxes, or even bags will do. This protects the shoes from wear and tear.
- Make sure you clean them regularly so that they do not pick up any stains.
- These shoes have a 3-month warranty.
- They hold the prestige that comes with the brand Puma.
- They are extremely attractive.
- Available in various sizes.
- They are expensive.
- Can only be cleaned with a damp but clean cloth.
- The shape of the shoe starts changing if it’s not allowed to deodorize.
7. Asics Gel-Upcourt Badminton Shoes
Asics is a Japanese company who’s been known for its production of sports shoes for centuries. These ones do live up to the goodwill the brand has created.
- The Asics Gel Upcourt shoes are a great alternative to their more expensive counterparts while offering almost equal performance and comfort.
- These shoes have an outsole made of gum rubber.
- This shoe has an upper part made of mesh and synthetic leather.
- These shoes are extremely light coming in at just 300 grams they are barely heavier than the Adidas Quickforce and hence provide the same amount of comfort at a lower price.
- These shoes are available in one color and four sizes.
- These shoes use Rear and forefoot technology.
- These provide a brilliant grip while remaining non-marking.
- The upper lining gives these shoes enhanced breathing space, albeit the feel and comfort of synthetic leather.
- These are light in weight.
- The Rearfoot technology ensures that your feet stay comfortable and the shoes remain shocked resistant.
- These shoes do not offer a variety of sizes.
- They are also available in one color.
8. Yonex Comfort Indoor Court Shoes
Another quirky looking product developed by Yonex, which are well suited for people who love shoes which have a bold color.
- This product is moderately priced. It’s not very expensive, but it’s not cheap either.
- Like most Yonex products, it offers shock absorption.
- It also recovers the compression in an agile manner.
- It has rubber soles, which are also non-marking.
- They are not very heavy in terms of weight.
- It has high resilience.
- It offers the exact worth of money.
- It’s available in a variety of colors.
- It makes sure that due to its high resilience, the insoles can retain their shape for as long as possible.
- These shoes can be used by beginners as well as players on the intermediate level.
- It’s not very cheap.
- The prices vary based on the color and size you choose.
- It is not very durable.
- Does not offer any warranty.
- These shoes have a narrow fit, and hence, they are not suitable for people with wide feet
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should the squash shoes be replaced?
This depends on the frequency in which you are using your squash shoes. For a player that plays for 3-4 times a week has to get his shoes replaced every six months for giving out better performance and grip.
2. What are the other alternatives for squash shoes?
Instead of buying squash shoes, you can have other alternatives for buying shoes of any other indoor games, such as handball, volleyball, badminton. The movement produced during these games is almost the same. Running shoes are not at all recommended as a replacement for squash shoes as in the longer run; it will cause ankle issues.
3. How to take care of squash shoes?
Squash shoes should be tried and worn only at the courts made for playing squash. These are made up of synthetic material, and the shows do not get worn out easily. Buy, if you play squash for 3-4 times a week, you have to get them replaced after six months.
4. Are badminton and squash shoes the same?
Yes, badminton and squash players have the same type of movement in the game, and hence, the shoes are the same.
5. Which are the best squash shoes for knees?
The best squash shoe is Asics Shoes.
Out of all the 8 shoes in this roundup, the Adidas Quickforce, Puma Veloz III and Yonex Comfort Advanced White Indoor Court Shoes are our best choice. Also, buy shoes that provide you utmost comfort while playing as you need to concentrate on the game and not on the shoes. Hope this article helped you find the best fit for yourself.