Best Squash Shoes – Reviews & Buyers Guide
Squash is a swift game and what helps you keep up the pace of the game than a good pair of squash shoes!
This game can prove to be extremely strenuous for your feet. Thus to win the game with the proper support of one’s shoe is the goal you have to achieve. This can only be done when your feet are at peace and not swollen or injured or cramped.
To keep your feet comfortable and your mind focused solely on your game-play, you need the perfect pair of shoes. Just like any other sports shoes, squash shoes have different some unique features which are best suitable for playing squash.
I’m sure you have several questions concerning how one can find that one win perfect pair which will fit them the best.
Are you confused which brand to purchase? Or
Which ones will be perfect for your feet as well as your pocket? Or
Which ones will also prove to be extremely durable and long-lasting?
All these questions are natural to pop up in your mind.
But worry not, because we have created the perfect guide for you to pick the pair of shoes which takes care of your game, comfort level as well as your budget.
We have provided a detailed description showcasing all the features of the shoe. We have also given an insight based on our personal experience, mentioning whether the shoe is worthy of its price or not. Based on the level you are at, you can pick which shoe will be most useful for the corresponding level.
We guarantee that this study will help you make an informed decision. The first step, however, is to follow the basic mantra: To practice any sport the right way, you need the right equipment!
In this article, you will find the comprehensive buyers guide along with the list of 10 best squash shoes and a few FAQs
Table Of Contents
- 1 SQUASH SHOES BUYER’S GUIDE
- 2 Top 10 Squash Shoes available in India (For men)
- 2.1 1. AsicsGel-Blade 5 White
- 2.2 2. AdidasQuickforce 3.1
- 2.3 3. Puma Veloz Green
- 2.4 4. Adidas Torus II
- 2.5 5. Yonex SHB 34EX Badminton Shoes
- 2.6 6. Nivia Badminton Flash Shoes
- 2.7 7. Puma Men’s Multisport Court Shoes
- 2.8 8. Asics Gel-Upcourt Badminton Shoes (White)
- 2.9 9. Yonex Comfort Indoor Court Shoes
- 2.10 10. Yonex SRCP Badminton shoes
- 3 Conclusion
SQUASH SHOES BUYER’S GUIDE
A potential buyer must keep in mind the following points and then make the purchase.
- Sole of the shoe
The unique, major, and most important quality of squash shoes is their sole. The sole has to be made out of a specific gum rubber which helps in maximizing the grip while you’re running.
The shoes must also feature a non-marking sole since you are not allowed to leave any marks on the court. This is the first and the foremost feature to keep track of while purchasing the shoe.
You have to make it a point to pick up shoes which fit you perfectly. It shouldn’t be tense at all. If your feet feel even slightly cramped, you shouldn’t make the purchase. While playing squash, a lot of running takes place, and thus if the shoes are not the exact size, it causes strain on your legs.
While playing, your feet swell, and tight shoes then cause discomfort. Make sure your toes have enough breathing space in there. Another important aspect is your ankles. If you have slightly plump ankles purchasing cushy shoes aren’t an option; since they stop the blood flow from reaching your ankles. In case you have thin ankles, make sure you don’t get a bigger size because it’ll loosen your grip causing you to fall.
When you are in the purchasing process, you want to make sure that the shoes you’re buying are going to be long-lasting.
Firstly you must examine the product well to make sure you aren’t purchasing a defective product.
Secondly, you must also check the warranty of the product. Avoid buying products without any warranty period.
Weight is also a very crucial thing to be taken into consideration while picking the right shoe. Try on the pair of shoes walk around a little bit to check if you are comfortable with the weight. Sometimes due to excessive cushioning, the shoes tend to become slightly heavy. Thus you need to make sure you can handle the weight.
Top 10 Squash Shoes available in India (For men)
1. AsicsGel-Blade 5 White
This is one of the best shoe available in India. It is an expensive product, but it has very attractive features.
- These are extremely light in weight.
- They offer the perfect comfort level.
- Your feet do not swell much in this shoe.
- They have the appropriate rubber sole as well, which makes sure you leave no marks on the court.
- They have a Mesh inner lining.
- The best part is that they have a 6 Month Warranty against manufacturing defect.
- They are available only in white color.
- It’s a low ankle shoe.
- It is round-shaped in the front, which makes it more comfortable.
- The upper material is made out of synthetic material.
- It has Amazing grip.
- The cushions are well-sized and put into making you feel comfortable.
- It looks very attractive once worn.
- Available in several sizes.
- It’s long-lasting and durable.
- It has a 6-month warranty, but only if there is a manufacturing defect.
- It is a pretty expensive shoe.
- It can be cleaned only with a wet cloth.
2. AdidasQuickforce 3.1
Adidas is a well-known brand in the Sports and Fitness industry. The new Adidas QuickForce 3.1 will help you ace the game again and make you look charismatic while doing it.
- The Adidas Quickforce 3.1 comes in at just 295 grams, which make it extremely light and provides comfort without being overweight.
- The sole is made out of rubber which ensures a firm nonslip grip which gives you an edge in any game.
- The shoe has an inner mesh lining, albeit being lightweight makes it one of the most comfortable shoes which guarantee long hours of play without any fatigue.
- The shoes provide a flashy and fashionable red appearance while playing while not being too distracting.
- The shoes have a synthetic upper material which allows for easy cleaning.
- The shoes have a three-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- The shoes are available in a variety of sizes to best suit the needs of the consumer.
- These shoes have an upper material made of a scratch-resistant material which eliminates minor wear and tears while also maintaining the stylish look
- The shoes can be easily cleaned with a bad quality brush or a damp cloth.
- The shoes, although brilliant and stylish but are pricey.
- These are not practical for most beginners.
3. Puma Veloz Green
These quirky neon green shoes from Puma are third on our list. These shoes are best suited for intermediate or advanced players.
- These shoes have an upper material made of mesh and textile.
- These shoes are not as lightweight as the Quickforce but still manage to maintain an almost equal amount of comfort.
- Unlike others, these shoes are made of extremely comfortable memory foam insoles which mold according to the player’s foot.
- While these shoes may not be the cheapest, they offer features and comfort similar to the higher priced shoes at a much lower price and prove to be a brilliant alternative if you don’t want to spend too much money.
- These shoes are also available in a different colored variant called Puma Veloz Indoor III Multi-Color Indoor Court Shoes.
- The upper material provides the breathing of the mesh and the luxurious feeling of textile.
- Maintains a fairly good comfort level.
- The memory foam insoles ensure that the shoes are extremely comfortable by moderately distributing the weight of the cushions and confirming the grip again.
- These are available in various sizes.
- Not very light-weight.
- The only drawback of the Puma Veloz Indoor III Multi-Color Indoor Court Shoes(available in a different color) is that it is available in very few sizes.
4. Adidas Torus II
The Adidas Torus II is available in 2 colors. They maintain a great grip and look equally great as well.
- The Adidas Torus II coming in at almost 390 grams are the heaviest shoes in this category. They are very well known and are made for basic beginners.
- Many users have reported several incidents of sprains and hair cracks; hence, these shoes are not advised for intense sessions.
- These shoes are not as pricey as the Asics gel blade and the Adidas Quickforce, but they are still expensive.
- These shoes have a three-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They can easily be cleaned by a Bad quality brush or damp cloth.
- Their rubber soles can provide a brilliant grip.
- These shoes have a mesh lining.
- Make sure not to use any polish on this product.
- They have a 3-month warranty.
- They can be easily cleaned with a bad quality brush or a damp cloth.
- These shoes also offer a brilliant grip.
- Their mesh lining ensures comfort and maximum breathing space.
- They are also available in a different color.
- They are not manufactured to facilitate severe game sessions.
- They have a slightly tight forefoot area which renders them unsuitable for any long time play without severe fatigue.
- They are heavy-weighted.
- They are an expensive pair.
5. Yonex SHB 34EX Badminton Shoes
These shoes have a flashy color combination. However, Yonex is a very popular brand in the shoe industry.
- These shoes are made out of the special Yonex power cushion.
- These shoes have a varying price, but the caveat is that the price varies according to the size of the shoe.
- These shoes also have substandard quality materials such as P.U leather which tries to maintain the feel of leather, but it is cheaper and lacks the durability and longevity of real leather.
- The midsoles are made of ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) and are again of substandard quality. This material choice may make the shoes lighter, but over time, they lose their cushioning.
- The outsoles are made of rubber to ensure a firm grip.
- These shoes are available in a variety of sizes.
- Power cushion is shock absorbent and transfers the energy absorbed back for effortless movement.
- These shoes are extremely light in weight.
- Has a good grip.
- Offers a variety of sizes.
- Works wonders for people with tiny feet.
- These shoes have substandard quality materials.
- Not very suitable for people with wide feet.
- The Nivia badminton flash shoes are a great pair of non-marking rubber-soled shoes for beginners.
- These shoes are made of mesh and PVC synthetic leather to imitate quality and comfort or real leather.
- These shoes offer very little to almost no comfort, but it can barely be an argument for a product at its price point.
- They come in at a very low price.
- The mesh lining provides adequate breathing space for your toes.
- These shoes come in lots of sizes and two different colors.
- Very little comfort level.
- Does not give the feel of leather.
7. Puma Men’s Multisport Court Shoes
These cool and color-coordinated shoes by Puma prove to be a great buy.
- The Puma Gavetto Sala is a premium offering from Puma.
- These shoes are available in a variety of sizes and colors.
- These shoes have a 90-day warranty against manufacturing defects.
- These shoes are made of synthetic material all around, ensuring comfort and durability.
- They have to be into shoe boxes, or even bags will do. This protects the shoes from wear and tear.
- Make sure you clean them regularly so that they do not pick up any stains.
- These shoes have a 3-month warranty.
- They hold the prestige that comes with the brand Puma.
- They are extremely attractive.
- Available in various sizes.
- They are expensive.
- Can only be cleaned with a damp but clean cloth.
- The shape of the shoe starts changing if it’s not allowed to deodorize.
Asics is a Japanese company who’s been known for its production of sports shoes for centuries. These ones do live up to the goodwill the brand has created.
- The Asics Gel Upcourt shoes are a great alternative to their more expensive counterparts while offering almost equal performance and comfort.
- These shoes have an outsole made of gum rubber.
- This shoe has an upper part made of mesh and synthetic leather.
- These shoes are extremely light coming in at just 300 grams they are barely heavier than the Adidas Quickforce and hence provide the same amount of comfort at a lower price.
- These shoes are available in one color and four sizes.
- These shoes use Rear and forefoot technology.
- These provide a brilliant grip while remaining non-marking.
- The upper lining gives these shoes enhanced breathing space, albeit the feel and comfort of synthetic leather.
- These are light in weight.
- The Rearfoot technology ensures that your feet stay comfortable and the shoes remain shocked resistant.
- These shoes do not offer a variety of sizes.
- They are also available in one color.
- It has an upper lining of mesh and textile.
- It has a rubber, non-marking sole.
- Does not offer a lot of variety with respect to size and color.
- Has a strong Power cushion.
- It is expensive as compared to the other products.
- This majorly supports advanced level players.
- The mesh lining provides good breathing space.
- Maintains a good grip.
- The Power cushion helps in the free and comfortable movement of the legs.
- It has an option for payment in EMI.
- It is very expensive.
- It is not the best fit for beginners.
- It’s available only in limited sizes.
10. Yonex SRCP Badminton shoes
Another quirky looking product developed by Yonex, which are well suited for people who love shoes which have a bold color.
- This product is moderately priced. It’s not very expensive, but it’s not cheap either.
- Like most Yonex products, it offers shock absorption.
- It also recovers the compression in an agile manner.
- It has rubber soles, which are also non-marking.
- They are not very heavy in terms of weight.
- It has high resilience.
- It offers the exact worth of money.
- It’s available in a variety of colors.
- It makes sure that due to its high resilience, the insoles can retain their shape for as long as possible.
- These shoes can be used by beginners as well as players on the intermediate level.
- It’s not very cheap.
- The prices vary based on the color and size you choose.
- It is not very durable.
- Does not offer any warranty.
- These shoes have a narrow fit, and hence, they are not suitable for people with wide feet.
Out of all the ten shoes in this roundup, the Adidas Quickforce, Asics Gelblade 7 and the Yonex Comfort Advanced White Indoor Court Shoes are the most expensive shoes.
Now coming to the mid-range category the main competitors are the Puma Veloz Green ( Multicolour), the Adidas Torus II, the Yonex SBH 34, the Puma Gavetto Sala, the Asics Gel – Upcourt and the Yonex SRCP Comfort.
The low range only has one shoe that is the Nivia badminton flash shoes and although they provide very little comfort at a very low price point and hence are suggested only for beginners who are not willing to shell out too much money on the product.
More Buyer Guides and Reviews