10 Best Dry Irons in India
Ironing your clothes is an essential task as it’ll make you look neat. Wrinkle-free fabrics are a sign of neatness and dedication as well. For you to iron your clothes, you need a quality iron box that will help you carry out the process with ease and deliver excellent results.
Dry irons are very popular and common in most households today. You might think that choosing one is an easy task but wait until you go out looking for one.
There are many types of irons like steam irons, travel irons from different brands that come with various features, advantages, and disadvantages, mechanisms, among other things. Not knowing this means that you can quickly end up with a product that won’t fulfill your requirements at all.
A dry iron doesn’t produce steam and requires you to move it on the fabric multiple times to ease out wrinkles. Most dry irons are light in weight and come in a compact size, meaning that you can carry them along if traveling for a vacation.
We’ve come up with this list to help you select one. We’ve researched thoroughly and come up with top 10 best dry irons in India, and all you’ll have to do is go through the list. You will also learn the few tips to iron correctly, benefits of using the iron and also get solutions to some common problems you might come across when ironing your clothes. We have also answered some frequently asked questions to help you make the right decision.
Top 10 Best Dry Irons
Best Temperature Control Settings
Best Easy To Use The Feature
Best Safety Feature
Best Budget Dry Iron
Best Lightweight Feature
Most Affordable Dry Iron
Best Ergonomic Feature
Benefits of Using a Dry Iron
Dry irons come in a smaller size when compared to steam irons. You’ll. Therefore, you can carry them when traveling as they are less bulky. You can also store them in small spaces as they don’t take too much space.
Dry irons are also lighter when compared to steam irons. If you have a lot of clothes that you need to iron frequently, you’ll realize that you don’t need a heavy iron as it can be quite tiring.
When it comes to maintenance, dry irons don’t require a lot of that. Depending on your iron’s soleplate, you may need to clean it once in a while to protect it from scratches.
Dry irons always come at a pocket-friendly price. They are much cheaper when compared to steam irons.
The following tips and guidelines will make you ironing go smoothly at all times:
- The first thing to do is ensure that your ironing board is flat before you place your garment on top. It should also be tightly wrapped with a quality cover without the slightest bump or dent. This will help prevent your clothes from getting creases.
- Check the soleplate and ensure that it is thoroughly clean before you start ironing. Always test run it on a rug to confirm that it is clean. To remove dirt, put baking soda and water on it and then wipe it off with a damp cloth.
- Ensure that you inspect your clothes for stains before you begin ironing them as well. You need to know that applying heat on stains makes it quite difficult to clean them as heat pushes the stain further into the fabric.
- Always check the correct temperature for your garments to avoid burning them.
- Do not press pocket outlets into your clothing. Always turn the pockets inside out before ironing over the area.
- To cut your ironing time, put an aluminum foil under the ironing board cover. The foil helps by reflecting the heat so that you’re ironing your fabrics from both sides.
- Start with the clothes needing the lowest temperature to those that require the highest.
- To prevent wrinkles on the ironed parts, keep moving them away from you.
- For a perfect fit, always place your ironing board cover on the board when it’s still wet and let it dry in place.
- Always iron double thickness fabrics on the inside first and then the outside
- Iron collars, cuffs and hems on the wrong side first to prevent them from puckering
- Acrylic knits tend to stretch out of shape if moved when wet and warm. To prevent this from happening, press each section dry and ensure that I have cooled down completely before moving it on the ironing board.
- When it comes to pressing a wrinkle corduroy, spray some water with a spray bottle until it gets damp and then quickly move it along your palm.
- Always insert a rolled-up towel in sleeves to press them without leaving creases if you don’t have a sleeve board. It is also easy to make a sleeve board by using a cardboard tube and covering it with soft fabric.
- If you want to remove wrinkles from a tie, just insert a piece of cardboard cut precisely to fit its inside. After that, cover the tie with cheesecloth and press it lightly with your iron.
- If not careful enough, you can flatten your embroidery or eyelets when ironing. To prevent that from happening, press them face down on a thick towel.
- Hold pleats in place with paper clips whenever you iron such a garment. Ensure that the clips do not snag the fabric especially if it has a loose weave
Common Dry Irons Problems and Their Solutions
Like any other electronic appliance, there are lots of problems that can come up with dry irons. The following are the most common ones and their possible solutions.
Dry Iron, Not Heating Enough
The most common of dry iron problems is not heating sufficiently. This could be due to wrong thermostat settings, issues with the power switch, issues with electronic connections, among others.
To resolve this problem, you need to check whether you’ve all the connections properly, all by the user manual. If the thermostat gets set at the wrong temperature, a lower one, in this case, your iron may not heat enough.
To solve the problem, turn the thermostat to a reasonably higher setting. You can also try charging the heating node to see whether the heat will increase.
Dry Iron Not Working
If your dry iron isn’t working, check the power cord first. Where the cord is damaged or broken, it could be enough reason why the iron box isn’t working at all.
You can also try changing the iron’s plug into another outlet to verify whether the issue is with the iron’s outlet. Another reason could be wrong iron settings, for instance, auto-off settings or limescale deposits on the soleplate among others.
The soleplate of a dry iron can get dirty after a prolonged period of usage, something that can then interfere with its overall performance.
To prevent this from happening, clean, and maintain your iron’s soleplate regularly. Remove all the particles you find on the soleplate and then dampen a cloth, put salt on it and then rub it on the bottom of the iron to remove stains and marks.
You can also remove any burn marks by sprinkling some oven cleaner and then leaving it for some time before you wash it with cold water.
Iron Sticking to Clothes
Due to constant usage, some fabrics might become stiff and burn, leading to a burnt soleplate. What results afterward is that fabric will keep on getting stuck on the soleplate, making it difficult to iron your clothes.
To clean the soleplate, make a paste of a tablespoon of water, and two tablespoons baking soda and then apply it on the soleplate. It will wipe your iron clean.
The following are the things you need to consider before purchasing a dry iron box for your household.
Iron boxes consume much power when compared to other appliances in your home. The good thing is that today, technology has developed so much that some models come with lower power consumption than others.
When going for a dry iron box, always take more than one product and compare the features before settling for one. This way, you can get one with the lowest power consumption.
Type of Soleplate
A soleplate is an integral part of a dry iron and can be either nonstick, aluminum, titanium, cast iron or ceramic. The most efficient soleplate to go for is ceramic and then nonstick. Even though aluminum sole plates can prove to be efficient for some time, the efficiency decreases over time, and the fabrics will start sticking on it.
Ceramic and nonstick and titanium sole plates are also very easy to clean.
Auto Shut off and Variable Temperature Control
Do not buy a dry iron that comes without an auto shut off, and the variable temperature control features. When ironing different fabrics, you’ll find that you need to use different temperatures on each. That is only possible if the iron box has the temperature control knob.
On the other hand, once the temperature of the fabric is attained, the device should stop the heating process, and thus it’s essential to have the auto shut off feature with it.
The weight of the iron matters a lot. Consider the type of fabrics you have when looking at the weight of dry iron. For example, a material like cotton requires much pressure than other fabrics, and thus a weighty iron box will work best on it. A heavy iron box also covers a greater pressing area.
Another thing you need to put into consideration as far as the weight of the iron is concerned is the frequency of ironing. If you usually iron lots of clothes from time to time, a heavy iron will only hurt your wrist. The perfect weight of a dry iron will depend on your fabrics and frequency of use.
Nothing matches the ease of use like a cordless rechargeable iron. However, if taking one with a cord, ensure that you go for one with the longest cord you can find for ease of use and maneuverability. If possible, it should be a 360-degree swivel cord to help you move the iron box effortlessly in every direction.
Ease of Use
Of what use will a dry iron be if it gives you difficulties every time you want to use it. Ensure that you get a device that you can use with ease at all times. For instance, it’s cord shouldn’t tangle when in use. An easy to use iron box will also heat up fast and help save you time.
Ensure that you get an iron box with the most comfortable handle as possible. It acts as the interface between you and the iron and thus the need to get a smooth one that isn’t too wide for a comfortable grip.
When going for any item, the most crucial factor you have to consider is how durable the product is. The same case applies when it comes to dry irons. Durability should never get compromised since after all; you’ll be spending your hard-earned money on the item in question.
Some brands are so popular, making it easy for people to select an appliance from them without batting an eyelid. They have built an excellent reputation with time and therefore really trusted. When going for a dry iron, however. Do not overlook anything. Always consider the features even if it comes from a famous brand. It’s the only way you’ll tell whether it suits you and whether the features have been compromised or not.
Never buy a dry iron without checking on the warranty period. You need to know that the higher the warranty period, the higher the quality of the product in question. Some people even purchase items without checking on whether they come with a warranty or not.
When going for dry iron, always consider your budget first and then ask yourself whether you are willing to spend the indicated amount on it. If you find that it is within your range, go ahead and get. If not, you can go for a lower-priced one but ensure that you still do not compromise on quality.
1. Bajaj Dx7 1000 Watt Dry Iron – Our Pick
We begin our list with this lightweight and easy to use Bajaj dry iron. It will make your best choice now that it comes with exclusive and modern features you’d fall for. First of all, it comes with a nonstick golden color soleplate that glides smoothly on all fabrics removing all the wrinkles and creases.
The product also comes in a cool touch body and a comfy hand grip to help you iron your clothes with ease. This is also made possible by the fact that the iron is light in weight and with a 360-degree swivel cord that helps you to move it effortlessly in your direction of choice.
It comes with a dual indicator system for added safety and convenience. When in operation, a red light gleams when the soleplate gets heated and when the desired temperature is reached, it glows in green. You’ll, therefore, never burn your fabrics when using this dry iron.
The iron also comes with multiple temperature settings that enable you to customize it according to the fabric type. It also has a safety thermal fuse that helps to break the circuit in case of thermal overloading. This fuse helps to reduce electric shock and injuries that come as a result of overheating.
- Comes in a compact design and thus easy to carry along when traveling
- Has a thermal fuse for safety
- Has a nonstick golden soleplate that facilitates easy gliding on all fabrics
- Comes with a two years’ warranty
- Extremely lightweight and easy to use
- Safe to use due to the presence of the thermal fuse
- Easy to clean with low maintenance requirements
- Excellent quality
- Heats up too fast
- Too light and thus requires one to put pressure on it for excellent results
2. Nova Plus Amaze Ni-10 1100 Watt Dry Iron – Best Temperature Control Settings
Nova Plus Amaze Dry Iron is a budget-friendly iron that will not only leave your clothes neat but also ensure that you remain safe throughout the process. It’s powered by an efficient 1100 Dura power quick technology that makes it heat fast and also distributes the heat uniformly across the soleplate.
With this dry iron, expect to get excellent results at all times as it comes with a triple coated nonstick soleplate that moves quickly on all types of fabrics. The soleplate helps in powerful and faster removal of stubborn creases.
The product also features a temperature adjustment dial that helps in adjusting to the temperature levels of different fabrics. It has a comfortable grip handle that makes ironing much easier as it gets easier to handle.
It is light in weight and comes with a 360 swivel cord, just the first product on the list. You, therefore, get the chance to iron your clothes from any direction until you get the desired results. The dry iron comes with a one-year warranty.
- Comes with a temperature adjustment dial that helps to set the temperature of different fabrics
- Has a triple coated soleplate that allows easy movement on all fabrics
- Comes with a comfortable grip handle and thus easy to use
- Has a pointed tip that makes it easy to reach the button area as well as under the collar
- Quick to heat up and therefore fast
- Comes in a standard size, not too small or big
- Has an easy to hold the handle
- Comes in a sleek and lightweight design
- It can be too small for some people
- Plastic material quality could be better
3. Orpat Oei 187 1200 Watt Dry Iron – Best Soleplate
If looking for a user-friendly electric dry iron, this iron from Orpat is a sure bet. It makes ironing clothes at home such an easy task, and you’ll fall in love with it. It comes in an ergonomic design, simple and extremely light in weight.
It has German grade nonstick coated soleplate that glides perfectly on fabrics making them neat within minutes. The soleplate minimizes the hassle of tugging, snagging and sticking while maximizing ironing efficiency. The soleplate cast in technology facilitates faster and uniform heating.
The iron has an easy to use thermostat control dial as well that helps you to quickly and accurately adjust the temperature to suit different fabrics.
It is also equipped with an indicator lamp that informs you when it has reached the preset temperature and is ready to use. With this iron, you can even reach the tricky folds of the clothes because of its curved nature.
- Comes with a thermostat fuse for variable temperature control
- Has a shockproof plastic body that makes ironing a pleasant experience
- Has a silk braided 180-degree swivel cord that enhances easy movement
- Comes with a power indicator that alerts you when a preset temperature is reached
- Lightweight and straightforward with instant heating
- Ergonomic design that makes it easy to use
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Heats up with ease
- Consumes a lot of power
- Not effective on heavy fabrics like cotton due to its lightweight
4. Havell’s D’zire 1000 Watt Dry Iron – Best Easy To Use The Feature
Here comes a unique and beautiful dry iron from Havell’s that you’ll want to have in your home the moment you come across it. It’s American Heritage original golden nonstick coating makes it easy to iron your fabrics now because it glides smoothly on all.
It comes with a comfortable grip fabric selector knob that enables you to select the temperature of a given fabric to get the desired results. Its 360-degree swivel cord makes it easy for you to iron your clothes from all directions and with a lot of ease.
The pilot light indicator on the handle of this iron is easily visible, enabling you to tell whether the iron has heated up or not. After heating up, the indicator will switch off, meaning that the iron has reached the highest heating point.
The iron’s aerodynamic design helps the user to glide along with all fabrics with ease. Its comfortable grip enables you to iron your clothes for a long time.
- Comes with an American Heritage nonstick coated soleplate
- Has an easy grip fabric selector knob that enables you to select the temperature of a given fabric
- Comes with a light indicator knob that helps tell when the iron is heated up
- Comes in beautiful colors and thus appealing to the eyes
- Easy to use thanks to its fine grip
- Has a shockproof body and therefore safe to use
- Reasonably priced
- Takes a lot of time to heat
5. Syska Sdi-09 1000 Watt Ezio Dry Iron – Best Safety Feature
You can list all dry irons that come at an affordable price and fail to list this Iron box from SYSKA. It comes with a two-layer DuPont Teflon coating soleplate for effective and smooth ironing process. With it, you’ll always look forward to making your clothes creases-free.
Just like most products mentioned on the list, the device comes with an overheat safety feature and a multi-fabric select that enables you to select the right temperature for a specific fabric to avoid burning. Its 360-degree swivel cord ensures that you carry out the practice with ease and without consuming a lot of time.
The iron also comes with a temperature control knob that helps you set the temperature you want to use when ironing a particular piece of cloth.
The user manual that comes with the product makes it easy for beginners to use it with ease. It comes with a two years’ warranty and thus worth giving a try.
- Has a temperature control knob that helps you to select the appropriate temperature for a specific fabric.
- Has a two-layer DuPont Teflon coating soleplate that makes ironing easy and quick
- The light indicator tells you when the device reaches its maximum heating point.
- Easy to use and clean thanks to the coated soleplate
- Enables you to regulate the temperature to prevent burning
- Handy and lightweight
- Nominal power consumption
- Heats up too fast and might burn your fabric if not careful
6. Rico Heavy Weight Iron Box For Press 1000w Dry Iron – Our Pick
Are you looking for a high-class heavyweight dry iron? Try this heavy-duty iron from Rico, and you’ll probably have the most comfortable days when ironing your clothes. It has a deluxe metal cover and a smooth body that gives it a classy and attractive appearance.
This iron box comes with the Japanese Quick Heat Technology that is by far much better (3 times stronger) than nonstick coating for smooth and fast ironing. This device will iron your jeans and hard linen fabrics with a lot of ease.
It comes with a unique feature that helps to adjust the temperature as per fabric, double protection with thermostat, and fuse overheat protection. You are therefore assured of safety when using the iron and hence no need to worry.
This product comes with a fabric guide that helps you to set the temperature per your fabric. Its shockproof body, safety thermal fuse, and automatic shut off feature enhance safety when using the dry iron.
- Uses quick heat technology for fast and smooth ironing
- Its deluxe metal cover gives it a classy and attractive appearance
- Comes with multiple temperature settings for different fabrics
- Has a shockproof body and thus safe to use
- Heavy duty and thus removes the toughest of creases
- Has an auto shut off feature for extra safety
- Comes in a sleek and attractive design
- Neither too heavy or light
- The cord gets tangled easily
- Flimsy temperature adjustment switch
7. Philips Gc090 750w Dry Iron – Best Budget Dry Iron
This affordable Philips dry iron will make your clothes look neat, crisp, and well pressed. It operates with 750 watts and thus heats up with ease for quick and effective ironing. With it, every part of your clothes will be attended to now that it has a precision tip that reaches even the tricky areas like around the buttons.
The iron box comes with a finished coated soleplate that ensures smooth gliding. Fabrics will never stick on it as well and thus very useful. It is light in weight and will never cause additional stress to your wrists.
It comes with a powerful light indicator that shows when the temperature has reached its maximum and a thermal fuse for safety reasons. The temperature control dial it comes with enables you to set the temperature to suit the fabric you want to iron.
This Philips iron box comes with a 180-degree swivel cord that helps you to iron your clothes with ease and from different directions. It also comes with a user manual to help beginners use it comfortably to avoid accidents.
- Comes with multiple temperature settings that make ironing easier
- Has linished coated soleplate that makes it glide smoothly on all fabrics
- Compact and light thus easy to use and carry around
- Has 180-degree swivel cord for ease of ironing
- Heats up with ease
- Great with cotton clothes as well
- Lightweight and easy to use
- It is too light that it needs added pressure for it to work on tough creases.
8. Usha Ei 1602 100-watt Lightweight Dry Iron – Best Lightweight Feature
If looking for a unique and attractive dry iron for your household, you can never go wrong with this iron box from Usha. It comes in beautiful colors and will give your clothes a neat and crisp look at any day. It doesn’t require installation and thus the easiest product to use in your household.
It comes with a nonstick PTF coated soleplate that makes it easy for you to glide it on your clothes for a neat look. It’s designed uniquely, making it possible for you to iron your clothes in those tricky areas that were almost impossible to before, like under the buttons.
This dry iron comes with a light indicator and a thermal fuse for overheating protection. It also comes with a 360-degree swivel cord that ensures fuss-free handling and operates under a voltage of 240V consuming 1000 Watt of power.
The dry iron is very light in weight, easy to use, and carry around when traveling. It also comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Has non stick PTF soleplate for efficiency
- Consumes 1000-watt power operating at a voltage of 240V
- Comes with a thermal fuse for overheating protection
- Has a cool touch body and thus very comfy to use
- Portable and easy to use
- Sturdy and comes in a beautiful design
- Distribute heat evenly for easy ironing
- Joint at the handle makes it inconvenient to hold
- Too sharp and can tear your clothes
- Gets too hot
9. Morphy Richards Daisy 1000 Watt Dry Iron – Most Affordable Dry Iron
Are you looking for a dry iron box that you can use with ease, lightweight and attractive at the same time? If so, give this iron box from Morphy Richards a try, and you might never regret. It comes in an aesthetically crafted plastic body and will help you keep your clothes neat at all times.
It has an American nonstick coated soleplate that makes it effective and durable since it is built to last. It retains heat for an extended period and will thus making things a lot easier for you when ironing your fabrics. It also comes with a temperature control fuse that enables you to iron with ease as well.
It also comes with easy to understand temperature settings and therefore, safe for you to use. It comes in an attractive design with a powerful performance at the same time since it gives creaseless finish with you not having to try too much.
It has a very lengthy cord, a feature that makes it the best to use when ironing your clothes as you won’t hurt or stress your wrist. You can use it from any corner of your home without having to change from one plug to another. It is also very safe to use.
- Comes in a unique floral design that contributes to the elegant look in your home
- Has a dial knob that helps you to adjust the temperature with different fabrics
- Has a neon indicator that tells you when the iron box has heated
- Has an American Heritage nonstick soleplate
- Continues to heat for a long time
- Enough cable length thus easy to use without straining your wrist
- Very handy and easy to use
- Thermostat not up to the mark
- Low-quality soleplate
10. Eveready D1230 750 Watt Iron – Best Ergonomic Feature
Last on our list is this dry iron box from Eveready that comes in a unique design and powerful performance. It comes with a nonstick soleplate that makes the whole ironing process quite easy and safe for your clothes.
Just like all the products on the list, it comes with a power light indicator that makes it easy for you to tell when it is correctly heated up. It comes with a 360-degree swivel cord that helps you iron with ease and from any direction. Beginners will also have an easy time when using the iron box for the first time now that it comes with a user manual.
- Has a lightweight plastic body and therefore easy to carry around when traveling
- Has a nonstick coated soleplate that glides smoothly on fabrics
- It is light in weight and consumes 750 Watt when in use
- It is also ISI approved for safety and efficiency and therefore safe to use for your home.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Comes at an affordable price
- High-quality and effective
- Safe to use
- Has a small handle
- Short cord
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need water when using a dry iron?
You don’t need water at all when using a dry iron, especially if the clothes you intend to iron doesn’t have tough creases. Sometimes, however, you’ll have to spray some water on tough clothes like jeans if you want to achieve the best results.
2. Which is the best soleplate for ironing?
The best soleplate will depend on your needs. For instance, if you iron once a week or less frequently, and the garments are usually cotton shirts, denim, etc, a stainless steel soleplate will work best for you.
On the other hand, if you iron more than once in a week and mostly synthetic fiber clothes like polyester, go for ceramic soleplates. If looking for a lightweight and rugged iron that will suit all fabrics and also last long, go for irons with titanium sole plates.
All dry irons on this list work perfect and will most probably never disappoint you. You’ll always look neat and presentable every time you step out. All you need to do is select one that you feel that will work well for you. Our top three picks include Bajaj DX7 1000 Watt Dry Iron, Nova Plus Amaze NI-10 1100 Watt Dry Iron and Rico Heavy Weight Iron Box for Press 1000W Dry Iron.
Nova Plus Amaze comes at an affordable price but still has all the features you expect to get in any highly-priced iron box from a famous brand. It is user-friendly and will help you carry out the process with ease. Rico Heavy Weight Iron Box, although a little pricey will leave your clothes perfectly neat with a single swipe. It will help you to iron tough fabric with a lot of ease.
Select your best iron box now and have an easy time ironing your fabrics at all times.