Best Steam Irons For Wrinkle Free Attire
Wearing a perfectly ironed dress makes up an essential part of your grooming. When you stepped out in neatly iron clothes, it oozes professionalism, style, and substance. It instantly creates a positive impression on others and reflects your persona.
A pair of the well-ironed dress perfectly complements your personal grooming. It makes you feel confident from within and gets you readily accepted in social circles. The ironed clothes make you presentable while giving interviews or making official presentations.
Considering the importance of ironing in our daily life, the steam iron serves as one of the best ironing alternatives as it uses steam for ensuring premium quality ironing. It helps in removing every little wrinkle on your dress effortlessly.
Top 14 Best Steam Irons in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Buyer’s Guide When Choosing a Steam Iron
Steam vents are an important feature to consider while buying the steam iron. There are many steam irons available in the market that have a different number of vents and different diameter of vents.
If there is an increase in the number of vents, steam iron works efficiently.
This feature works perfectly when you have difficulty in ironing a fabric. When you press a button, the steam iron delivers blasts of steam. Steam burst is also known as steam jet or steam shot.
Type of the water tank
There are plenty of steam irons are available in the market that has a removable water tank or non-removable water-tank facility. In a non- removable water tank, water must be filled directly, and there might be chances of short circuits.
While the removable water tank provides you with the flexibility of filling the water tank by removing it and the chances of short circuit is quite less.
Spray mist is the special feature provided in the steam irons. They help in spraying the water on the fabrics while ironing. This aids in decreasing creases efficiently.
Suitability on fabric
There are so many fabrics available in the market, with some of these fabrics more delicate than others. To meet the needs of various fabrics, steam irons come in different specifications.
Some steam irons are designed for use on ‘delicate fabrics’ while others have a more specific fabric on which they can be used on (beads, sequins, etc.). You must select a steam iron, which is excellent for use on the fabrics you own.
Depending on how you intend to use the iron, the weight of the iron is an important factor. For users who wish to carry the iron along when traveling, a lightweight iron is the best option.
You should also consider how much weight you can conveniently work with for an extended period.
Over an extended period of use, there is a noticeable build-up of limescale in an iron. This build-up will interfere with the steam production in the iron.
Although a built-in limescale filter is usually available in most irons, it is not available in all. Checking any iron, you intend to buy for this filter can be very helpful.
A lot of steam irons usually have a wattage specification, but most people don’t know the importance of this specification. A high wattage rating on an iron implies that the iron will be able to heat up faster.
On a steam iron, this higher wattage provides both a higher and faster steam production.
A steam iron providing over 1800 wattage is often an excellent choice. Such steam irons not only offer a faster heat-up time, but they also remove wrinkles on thick fabrics with ease.
Automatic shutoff feature
This is a safety feature that cannot be overlooked when selecting a steam iron. There are situations where it will be necessary to leave the iron to attend to other issues.
The main problem here is that it is common to leave while the iron is still ON.
To prevent any accident or damage to your clothes, irons now come with an automatic shutoff feature. This feature is usually triggered when the iron is left in a stationary position for an extended period.
When selecting a steam iron, it is crucial you consider both the length of the cord and the type. The length is an essential factor to consider if you do not want any restriction on the movement of the iron when in use.
The type of cord can be a swivel cord, a retractable cord, or a plain cord.
The swivel cord rotates in various directions at the point where it attaches to the iron. This offers excellent maneuverability.
A retractable cord extends outward when it is required for use and retracts inward to provide an easy means of storage. Making it a great option as a portable iron while traveling
Steam Settings & Temperature Adjustment
It should have proper steam settings. The garment has to be ironed well with proper steam; only then will one be able to get rid of any unwanted wrinkles or creases.
The temperature also should be taken into consideration. It must be adjustable.
The temperature must be set according to the fabric, to save it from burning due to excessive heat.
Whichever product you purchase, you must make it a point to check all of its functions and then decide whether or not it serves your purpose well, and is it worth the money you are spending.
You must test the durability, warranty period, etc. to confirm its longevity.
It is essential to check the safety measures of the product since it heats up very quickly. Especially if a child is to make use of it, it must be fully safe to operate.
All its instructions must be studied well enough. It should not have any electric flaws or defective parts.
Thus examining helps in the occurrence of any accidents and keeps you well and safe as well.
This is one of the most important features of the iron. If the iron sticks to the fabric while ironing, it will tear the material or end up in burning it, perhaps.
Thus, it has to be made sure that the soleplate has a non-stick coating to keep the clothes from sticking to the soleplate and make sure that they are efficiently ironed. You don’t need any ironing board as steam iron can work vertically as well.
Top 14 Best Steam Iron
1. AGARO – 33395 Shine Iron with Steam
Agaro Shine Iron is an efficient ironing machine that efficiently removes creases from your clothes. It removes all wrinkles and operates conveniently.
This ironing machine comes with steam, spray and dry functions which help in choosing the desired feature for the clothes. The non-stick plate helps in the smooth gliding of the appliance over the clothes.
- It has a power efficiency of 2200 watts
- 270 ml water tank helps in producing continuous steam
- It operates on 3 types of functions – spray, steam or dry
- Adjustable control knob helps in setting temperature as per your requirements
- Non-stick coating on the soleplate enables smooth gliding operation with less friction
- Removes wrinkles in a few minutes
- Maintains temperature evenly
- Provides protection from overheating and prevents fabric damage
- An easy-grip handle is provided
- Quality could have been better
2. AGARO Edge Steam Iron
Steam iron is a must if you are a student or a working professional, Agaro understands that and brings you wide range of steam irons.
The Agaro edge steam iron comes with a 1200 watts power and 0.5 grams of seam per spray. The iron has an inbuilt thermostat, which prevents overheating and keeps your fabric safe.
The iron has a nonstick plate that enables smooth and easy glide over the clothes.
- The iron has a 360-degree swivel cord and an easy-grip handle for effortless ironing.
- The ergonomically designed handle and soft grip of the iron make lifting and working very easy.
- A nonstick coat plate enables you to iron a variety of fabrics.
- The temperature control knob lets you set different temperatures depending upon the fabric.
- The variable steam function in this iron lets you control the amount of steam released. Hence you do not end up damaging soft fabric with high steam.
- The iron has a huge 200 ml water tank, which requires less refilling.
- It is designed with a precision tip that irons even the toughest ends of the fabric.
- You can also use the iron for spraying and drying.
- Its compact size is ideal for traveling.
- Looks classy and is lightweight.
- It comes with two years of manufacturer warranty.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. T-fal FV4017 Ultraglide
This iron is a lot more than its visual appeal. It has a durable non-stick, scratch-resistant soleplate which prevents damage to the fabric and minimizes costs of replacement or repairs.
It has an easy glide over different fabric types, and the ergonomic design offers excellent ease of use.nbf rf
- The iron has an ergonomic design with the steam trigger on the underside of the handle for easy access while ironing.
- The power rating of the iron is 1700-watts.
- There is an aluminum layer in the iron, which ensures even distribution of heat and steam.
- No spitting or leaks when the iron is on a low-temperature setting with the anti-drip feature.
- The auto-shutoff feature allows users to leave the iron for extended periods without any risk of damage.
- It has blinking lights to indicate when the preset temperature has been achieved.
- The powerful burst of steam from the iron is effective against the most challenging wrinkles.
- The non-stick enameled durilium ceramic soleplate is non-stick and scratch-resistant.
- It has a 50% increase in steam production with a fast heat up time.
- An automatic shutoff feature.
- A large water tank which is easy to refill.
- It is scratch-resistant.
- The iron releases steam at 80g/min on the burst steam setting.
- A steam trigger is available on the iron.
- It glides over various types of fabric with ease.
- There is a burst steam mode.
- There is no sound signal when the required temperature is reached.
- It is necessary to leave room in the water tank while refilling to prevent leakage.
4. Prestige Cordless Magic Steam Iron –
Pressure cookware, pressure cookers, cookware, cook-tops, and chimneys, other appliances & tools are the categorized products of Prestige. Over the past five decades, TTK Prestige Limited is providing India’s largest kitchen and household appliances.
They provide innovative, safe, durable products.
The ISI certified cordless steam iron has 1200 watts power. It has a shock-proof handle and non-stick coated soleplate while steam burst mode, water spray facility, adjustable thermostat control are few important features available.
- The product is ISI certified.
- The steam iron has a power of 1200 watts.
- Cordless steam iron has a non-stick coated plate.
- It has a water spray facility, steam burst mode, and adjustable thermostat control.
- Moreover, the steam iron has a shock-proof handle.
- Easy to use and good quality.
- Being cordless lets the user use it anywhere anytime, providing the ultimate convenience.
- No negative points observed so far.
5. Easehold Soleplate Steam Iron 1150W
Soleplate steam iron from ease-hold is a 2 in 1, vertical and horizontal iron, providing you comfort while using it. The user can use it with or without water, depending on the type of fabric.
It has more steam holes for faster and easier ironing. It comes in a whole package, which includes a silicone pad, brush, and a user manual for convenience.
It is a perfect home steamer that gets hot quickly and does the job well.
- Offers a comfortable, convenient handle.
- It is made out of stainless steel soleplate nozzles that can spray 30-190 high temperature of steam.
- The product weighs 1.24 kilograms.
- Dimensions are 29.2 x 8.3 x 10.3 cm
- It comes with an easy-fill water tank, 130 ml removable tank.
- The anti-drip system prevents water from leaking.
- A game-changer as it offers both horizontal and vertical ironing.
- Size is smaller than regular steam irons.
- Does not have temperature control.
6. Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron
The Super Glide lives up to its name with its sleek design and form. It comes in a unique color with a strong set of features.
Morphy Richards is one of the most reliable brands in the market, and this product has proved to be substantial competition for all of its other competitors. It is completely worth your money.
- The unique feature of the iron is that it comes with an extra-large water tank of 350ml.
- It also offers the variable steam control option.
- It has 11gm of continuous steam.
- The brand Morphy Richards has come up with powerful steam shots – 150gm/min.
- It is used basically for vertical ironing.
- It has the feature of self-cleaning with anti-calc function.
- The soleplate is coated with a premium ceramic.
- It also has an extra-large soleplate in its class for faster ironing.
- The iron also comes with an extra-long 360-degree swivel cord for easy movement.
- The fine water spray helps in removing heavy creases.
- The iron comes with 46 steam holes.
- It comes with a 2000 wattage.
- The operating voltage is 230 volts.
- The extra-large water tank helps to refill the tank quickly even when it is on.
- The steam can also be controlled based on the material.
- The 11gm/m continuous steam takes care of the unreasonable ones.
- The clothes are well ironed with the massive 150g turbo shot.
- It comes with the self-cleaning function.
- The ceramic coated soleplate makes sure the iron glides through the fabric and also ensures longevity.
- The extra-large soleplate ensures quick ironing.
- The long swivel cord gives the iron easy movement.
- The 46 steam holes help in the steady and uniform release of steam.
- The ISI has approved its safety standards.
- The tank starts leaking if it is not left to heat up first before using it.
- It has to be kept horizontally when storing.
7. Black & Decker Steam Iron –
Black+Decker is an age-old 100 plus years company, which offers a wide range of products like power tools, home cleaning, small appliances, batteries, and accessories.
The 2400 watts steam iron comes with an auto shut off feature. Self-clean, anti-drip, temperature, and steam control, spray are the few best features available in this iron.
It comes with a large water tank capacity and has ceramic coated soleplate.
- It has 2400 watts power.
- Steam iron comes with a self-clean function and auto shut off.
- It is suitable for all types of fabric and has a vertical steam option.
- Also, the water storage tank capacity is 380ml.
- For even heat distribution it has ceramic coated soleplate.
- Also, the steam iron has a steam bursting function and spray function.
- Temperature and steam control is provided to suit for various fabrics.
- Anti-drip function prevents water from dripping on fabric.
- The special feature of safety cut-off. The machine switches off automatically after 30 sec if it is not used.
- Easy to use.
- The vertical steam option lets the user use this product on the go.
- The water leaks sometimes.
8. iBELL Steam Iron Box with Adjustable Thermostatic Control
iBELL steam iron is a high-quality 1250 watts steam iron that features adjustable thermostatic control. It provides uniform steam distribution through its steam vents on the soleplate. This easily removes the difficult creases and results in crisp-looking clothes quickly.
It features a Teflon soleplate that facilitates smooth gliding on all types of fabric. It prevents the fabric from sticking and getting torn due to excessive heat. This iron avoids accidental burns and runs smoothly on the surface.
- It features 23 steam vents on the soleplate that provides even distribution of steam in strong bursts.
- It comes with a powerful water spray system that ensures to flattening of difficult creases from button areas and seams.
- It is a 1250 watts steam iron box that provides fast heating for quick ironing.
- It boasts a 360-degree swivel cord that provides free movement for moving the iron smoothly in every direction.
- It features an adjustable thermostatic control and it comes with a shock-proof body.
- It has a steam regulating knob, spraying nozzle, and water steam/spray button for ensuring efficient steam bursts.
- It comes with a translucent water tank that can store up to 200 ml of water. Due to the high storage capacity of the water tank, this steam iron helps in prolonged water sprays and steam bursts during long ironing sessions.
- It measures 11.5 x 9.5 x 24 cm in dimensions and it weighs only 855 grams.
- It comes with a 1-year standard warranty on the product from the date of purchase and two years additional warranty on free registration.
- This assists in flattening out difficult creases for providing high-quality pressed quality. It leaves your dresses crisply ironed and brand new quickly.
- It flattens out the fabric effortlessly as the water spray on creases considerably loosens the hard and tough creases.
- It comes in attractive white and red color that looks attractive.
- Its 360-degree free movement of swivel cord effectively checks the possibility of tangled wires.
- It provides smooth ironing by keeping your hands and wrist free from stress.
- It comes with spray and a clean function for ensuring neat and tidy ironing.
- It is not suitable for ironing thick cotton fabrics.
9. Philips GC1010 1200-Watt
This new product by Philips is quite a stunner in the market. It comes with great features and ensures that your clothes are crease-free and clean.
The reputation of the brand name Philips is maintained with this product.
- It comes with a finished soleplate.
- The soleplate is also incredibly sleek and offers better heating.
- It provides a continuous stream of 15 gram/min.
- The new Philips iron comes with a vented design to support the uniform flow of steam.
- The temperature can be adjusted.
- It has a wattage of 1200 watts.
- The operating voltage of the iron is 220 volts.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- It thus ensures durability.
- The Calc clean makes sure that there is no scale build up in your iron.
- The temperature of the iron can be adjusted based on the fabric.
- The iron is lightweight.
- The iron has a thin soleplate, which can generate more heat and not protect the fabric at the same time.
- The iron has a very safe operating voltage.
- It is slightly expensive.
- The iron must be left to heat up before using, or else it will leak.
10. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
The Bajaj Majesty is the best suited for a moderate budget. This product brings the prestige that comes with the brand name of Bajaj, which is known for its home appliances.
- It has a thin non-stick coated soleplate.
- The Bajaj iron uses water spray for stubborn wrinkles that do not come out easily.
- It has a steam output of 8.5 grams/minute.
- It comes with a unique variable steam control.
- One of the best features it has is that it is self-clean.
- It has a wattage of 1250 watts.
- It has an operating voltage of 230 volts.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The thin, non-stick soleplate makes sure that the fabric does not stick to the iron.
- The 8.5 grams/minute output makes sure that the product delivers better.
- The steam control automatically matches the steam needed for the material.
- It has a good, stable wattage.
- It is not very expensive.
- The iron must be heated up before using it to make it work efficiently.
- The iron must also be placed horizontally when it is not in use.
11. Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron
This product is one of the best sellers in the market when it comes to irons. It’s a product made by Philips, which is a highly well-known brand, and it is not only not known because of its brand name.
It’s known for the kind of performance it delivers.
- The water tank can be emptied quickly.
- It also comes with a fine spray.
- It has a continuous steam output of up to 13 g/min.
- It also comes with an aluminum soleplate.
- It comes with a 1440 wattage.
- The product dimensions are 11.5 x 26.1 x 13.6 cm.
- It weighs 1.1kg.
- It has a 1.8m power cord.
- It has a self-clean voltage of 240 V.
- The water tank can be filled easily and quickly.
- The fine spray helps in moistening the fabric in an even manner.
- The aluminum soleplate makes sure that the iron smoothly glides over the fabric and does not cause any harm to it.
- It comes with a two year warranty period.
- It is the heaviest product in the category.
- The product has to be kept in a horizontal position.
12. Maharaja Whiteline Aqua 1300-Watt Steam iron
The Maharaja Whiteline comes in aqua, sea blue color. This product is not very well-known for its brand in the market.
But it is still a good product and will fit in your budget well enough. It is a recommended product, particularly as it has very good durability to offer.
- It comes with a non-stick soleplate.
- It also has a continuous steam output throughout.
- It is incredibly easy and fast to fill.
- It has variable steam settings and vertical ironing.
- It comes with a good 40gm steam boost.
- The steam rate is 0-12gm/min.
- The water tank has a 170ml capacity.
- The most necessary feature of the auto switches off is enabled in the iron.
- The wattage is 1300 watts.
- The operating voltage is 240 volts.
- The product dimensions are 29.1 x 15 x 12.1 cm.
- It weighs 658 g.
- Comes with an induction light.
- The non-stick soleplate makes sure that the fabric is pressed correctly without it sticking to the iron.
- It has the safety mark of the ISI.
- It comes with a two year warranty period.
- It can be switched from steam to dry.
- It is not very expensive.
- It is not very heavy.
- The temperature can be adjusted based on the fabric so that maximum wear and tear can be prevented.
- It has good durability.
- The iron must be kept horizontal while it is not in use.
13. Usha Steam Iron (3515) 1500-Watt
USHA is a very popular brand in the market when irons are concerned. This product, in particular, has proven to one of the best ones in the category and offers complete removal of wrinkles with a comfortable grip.
It is the easiest and most efficient product that helps the homemaker from slaving it out on the iron board.
- This comes with a powerful steam output of up to 17GM/Min.
- It has a very comfortable grip handle.
- It has a Poly Teflon coated non-stick plate.
- It has a setting to shut off the overheat.
- It comes with an extra-long, 1.9m cord.
- It comes with a self-cleaning function.
- It has a wattage of 1500 watts.
- The iron comes with a measuring cup, an instruction manual, and a warranty card, all-inclusive.
- It has 19 steam vents and that too with six fabric settings.
- It comes with a 210 ml water tank.
- It also comes with a thermostat dial, which has high accuracy.
- It has water beaker.
- It has a 360-degree swivel cord.
- The self-cleaning function makes sure that the iron lasts longer.
- It has a two year warranty period.
- It has a powerful vertical, and horizontal steam burst to get rid of all the wrinkles and creases.
- The overheat setting prevents all kinds of accidents.
- The 210 ml water tank makes sure that you can iron at a constant pace without any interruptions.
- The thermostat helps in setting the temperature based on the material.
- The powerful fine mist spray makes sure that all those tiny wrinkles are also gotten rid of.
- The long cord helps in giving a better reach.
- It heats quickly.
- It has a modern and stylish look to it.
- The iron has to be kept in a horizontal position when it is not in use.
- There has to be a gap while filling the water tank to prevent leakage.
14. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Havells is an old brand that has been around for a while now, and they’ve come up with a well-made model. It has an old, vintage design to it, but it does its job just as well as a strong, sturdy iron.
This one provides perfect steam settings and makes sure that there aren’t creases left to spoil your garment.
- It comes with dry as well as steam ironing.
- It also comes with a vertical burst of steam.
- It has a 230ml water tank capacity.
- It has a non-stick coated soleplate.
- The thermostat can be adjusted.
- The overheat safety protection circuit is enabled in the iron.
- It also has a 15g per minute steam.
- It has a 1250 wattage.
- It weighs 1 kg.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The dry and steam lead to easy and quick ironing.
- The non-stick soleplate makes sure that the fabric does not stick to the iron.
- All accidents caused due to excessive heating can be avoided due to the overheat protection circuit.
- The temperature can also be adjusted based on the material in use.
- It is heavy as compared to the other irons.
- It has to be kept horizontal while not in use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean steam irons?
Clean the sole plate using a wet cotton cloth and rub it carefully, ensuring your rubbing does not create any scratches. Wipe the steam iron with a soft damp cloth and allow it to dry.
If you want to clean the water tank, add a spoon of vinegar in the water tank. Allow it to heat, then remove the water by switching off.
2. Does stream iron leak?
Yes, there might be the chances of leakage only if the tank is completely full. Also, when you press the steam button when the iron is not heated properly.
3. Steam iron vs. dry iron?
Steam irons are best in handling the wrinkled clothes or creases fabrics instead of dry irons. There may be chances that your dry irons may damage your fabrics.
4. Can we use steam iron as dry iron?
Yes, you can. Remove the water from your steam iron completely and make the settings like changing the control to DRY/STEAM as provided. Also, you can keep the control to MIN. Now, allow it to preheat then iron it.
5. How much does a steam iron weigh?
The steam iron may weigh between 2 to 4 pounds. If you face difficulty in lifting, then you can choose lightweight steam irons.
6. What is the proper way to store the steam iron?
The iron should be placed in a vertical position in a safe and dry spot. It is necessary to empty the water tank before storage.
7. Why is it necessary to empty the water tank?
This is to prevent particles and impurities from staying too long. In areas with hard water, the performance of the steam iron can be significantly affected.
8. What is the self-cleaning feature on a steam iron?
This is a process that ensures the optimum performance of the steam iron by cleansing the steam chamber and vents to eliminate minerals, which may clog the iron.
Follow the steps below for the self-clean function:
- With the iron unplugged, fill the water tank to the maximum.
- Position the steam control on dry and the thermostat control on the maximum.
- Place the iron in a vertical position on its heel rest and allow it to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Now unplug the iron and hold it over a sink.
- With the soleplate facing downwards toward the sink, set the control to self-clean or press and hold the self-clean button depending on the design of the iron.
- The iron begins to eject a mixture of hot steam and impurities through the holes on the soleplate.
- Do this until the water in the tank is empty and let the iron cool down.
- Clean the soleplate to remove any impurities clogging the holes.
For areas with hard water, self-cleaning should be performed frequently, while others can be once in two weeks.
9. What is an anti-scale filter in my iron?
This is another name for a limescale filter. This filter will vary in its effectiveness based on the water hardness of the location where it is in use.
10. What is a vertical steam function?
This is a function that allows the use of the iron in a vertical position. It is an excellent function for treating hanging curtains, hanging clothes, etc.
11. I have heard a lot about steam generators, how is it different from a steam iron?
A steam generator is suitable for people who do a lot of ironing. This can be for commercial purposes.
A higher steam rate and a larger water tank are features which separate steam generators from steam irons.
12. Is distilled water a good option for my steam iron?
No. Distilled water reduces the performance of the iron and may also cause damages.
13. What type of water should I use?
Just use tap water in refilling the water tank of your steam iron. It is essential you avoid the use of scented, additives, or starch ironing water with your steam iron.
14. How do I clean the soleplate?
Use a damp cloth to wipe the surface of the soleplate. Do not use solvent, chemical cleaners, or abrasives when cleaning.
A steam iron assists you in doing the high-performance stress-press on your dresses. It enables you to dress professionally quickly anytime and anywhere. It ensures you always moved out of your house in neat, tidy, and wrinkles-free attire.
The steam iron effectively removes the wrinkles as compared to other irons as the steam moistens the clothes’ fibers and keeps them intact in their place for longer periods. This makes it easy to iron the clothes.
With a steam iron, you get professional-grade ironing comparable to that of laundry or dry-cleaning press. Get a high-quality steam iron that ensures your smartly ironed dresses make a loud style statement and enable you to ‘make some noise’ with your fashion sense.