Best 10 Car Chargers
Imagine yourself on a dark, deserted highway zooming past the milestones in your car, and suddenly you realize that your smartphone has run out of battery. Within a moment, you would feel a chill run down your spine.
A car charger comes in handy in such emergency scenarios as it allows you to charge your smartphone, tablet, laptop, mp3 player, or any other compatible battery-operated device.
Considering our excessive dependency on these devices, a car charger is something you can’t do without. With a car charger, you can stay connected no matter where you drive.
You won’t miss your work, calls, movies, songs, or any social media notifications. Here you will find the different types of car chargers, benefits of having one, a comprehensive buyers guide, and a few FAQs.
Top 10 Best Car Chargers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Smart IC Charging Technology
Best Overall Pick
Compact & Sturdy Build
Best Overall Pick
Best 2 in 1
Intelligent Charging Circuitry
Best 3 in 1
What is a car charger?
Simply put, a car charger is a device that plugs into the vehicle’s accessory port and features a USB powered port from which certain electrical gadgets can charge.
It is used to charge day-to-day gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, music players, and other devices in your vehicle.
So, if you are the type that spends a significant amount of time in the car or frequently heads out for road trips, a reliable car charger is a must-have companion.
With such a product, you can forget about your devices shutting down when driving in the middle of nowhere.
Benefits of Car Chargers
If you spend a significant part of your time in the car driving around running errands, a car charger can always power your devices hassle-free.
Think about those awkward moments when you forgot to switch on the socket after leaving your phone on the charger when heading to bed.
A car charger comes to the rescue when you have to leave for a road trip the next morning with no hassle at all.
Handy during emergencies
Ever had your phone switch off when you least expect? Whether you are far away in the wild or right in the middle of the highway with no possibility of stopping, such a little device can keep your phone charged.
Once you have one in the car, you can quickly recharge dwindling power levels and keep your talking.
Makes long drives tolerable
Whether you are using your phone for music or relying on it for directions, you will not need to worry about the battery with a car charger.
This will keep yourself entertained and connected to the rest of the world in case of emergencies or just for entertainment.
Types of Car Charges
Wired/ USB car chargers
As the name suggests, this type utilizes a USB cable for charging connection. The charger specifically features either one or multiple USB ports from which the charging cable is plugged in.
Wired USB car chargers are by far the most popular and are known for their versatility. They can be used to charge wide-ranging devices with the same level of efficiency.
Wireless car chargers
These are relatively recent arrivals and use wireless charging platforms. They are a little sophisticated and flashy and tend to cost more.
What to consider when buying a car charger
As already hinted above, not all car chargers you’ll come across in the market are the same. Each model has different features hence offer varying performance in distinct circumstances of use.
To help you filter through your options for the best product, here are some factors you’ll need to have in mind when out shopping:-
Power output/Amps rating
Perhaps the number one thing that should cross your mind is the amperage output that the charger can deliver. Car chargers come rated to charge at varying speeds say 1.0A, 2.1A, or even 2.4A.
A reliable pick should provide commensurate power output that matches the capacity of the devices you will charge.
That way, you can power the battery of your gadgets much faster hence save charge time.
Car chargers are made of different material combinations. From variants of plastic to metals the variety is quite wide. The nature of the material, to some extent, determines how the product will withstand day to day wear and tear.
In this regard, go for something with a decent quality build that is scratch resistant, helps dissipate heat, and boasts of a generally sturdy build.
Another essential consideration is the built-in capability to function on your car and type of device. It makes no sense to acquire a product that won’t accommodate your phone or worse plug into your car’s accessory port.
For instance, if you own Android devices, look for a model that works with that line of gadgets.
The same way, owners of Apple products should prefer a car charger that is compatible with their devices.
Otherwise, you can opt for universal models that work without any restriction.
Number of ports
Depending on the level of need, your pick should have the requisite capacity to keep your gadget(s) charging. For instance, if you will only need to charge a smartphone, a single port may be good enough.
However, if you may need to plug in several devices simultaneously, most of the time going for a product equipped with two ports or more is more advisable.
Perhaps you’ll also need to consider the number of people who may use the car charger on a road trip or any other time.
You don’t want to risk damaging your gadgets or even your car in the charging process. Built-in safety features are, by all means, crucial in a car charger.
To ensure no serious issues arise during use, look out for a product equipped with the ability to prevent overcharging, overcurrent, overheating, over-voltage, and any other safety concerns.
Perhaps the presence of certification by statutory or reputable safety standards agencies should help you decide.
A good car charger should also be designed to offer optimal charging speed while guaranteeing safety.
Therefore, in your quest for the most ideal, lookout for advanced charging technology, the market can offer.
Also, ensure the charger is designed to vary charging depending on every device’s rating undercharge automatically.
For car chargers that use charging cables, be sure to find one that is tailored to provide a pain-free use experience.
Crucial aspects you need to check in this regard include the length, strength, and flexibility, or even the ease of connection. To top it all, the cable should be optimized to deliver an optimal charging rate.
To allow you to recover the optimal value for money spent, you should go for something usable of multiple devices.
Avoid a car charger model that works on for mobile phones alone. Instead opt for something that can charge with the same level of efficiency, smartphones, tablets, cameras, and so on.
While these are not a must, there are extra features worth considering as well.
First, look for a car charger that has a lightweight and compact build. That way, you can avoid having something bulky and domineering sticking out your car’s dashboard.
Similarly, consider having a subtle light indicator for giving visual confirmation of charging connection and when the battery becomes full.
However, the light should not be too strong to a level that it becomes a distraction.
With everything else in mind, the price will come between you and the charger of choice.
Although you should never compromise desirable features or components for a lower price, you shouldn’t be fooled that a higher price translates to premium quality.
In everything, strike a balance between the value you’ll reap and the amount you pay.
1. Boat Car Charger
Looking for a dual-port charger that delivers up to four times of normal charging speed? If yes, go for the Boat Rapid Car Charger.
This charger boasts of leading-edge Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 technology, and you can’t get any better charging efficiency from alternatives of its kind.
The Boat rapid charger is tailored to offer a flexible charging experience with two handy USB ports.
It offers 100 per cent safety guarantees, including overcharging, overheating, excess current, and taking every risk into account with in-built safeguards.
One of the most impressive aspects of this charger is its smart IC, optimum smart charging technology. This guarantees optimal performance for both Apple and non-Qualcomm quick charge compatible devices.
- Features Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 technology that ensures up to four-time fast charging speed for all compatible gadgets
- It is optimized to function with all USB and type C powered gadgets allowing more flexible use.
- Features reliable built-in safeguards to offer charging devices sufficient protection
- Comes with a soft jacket heavy-duty braided micro USB cable making it ready for use
- Offers efficient and fast charging rate
- Full range compatibility with USB powered devices
- Convenient size and design
- Reliable in-built safeguards
- Comes complete with a durable cable
- According to its size, it could have more ports
2. Ptron Car Charger
Ptron bullet pro is a 36-watt power car charger that provides quick and safe charging performance. It is a high-performance car charger that has passed the rigorous test by USB compliance standard.
It allows you to charge up to 3 devices simultaneously. It features Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 technology that provides up to 80% faster charging of QC3.0 enabled smartphones.
This best car mobile charger in the market in India provides up to 4 times faster charging than standard chargers via micro USB cable or USB C cable.
- It is equipped with 2 USB ports, 36w device output, and 1 Type C port for simultaneously charging smartphones or tablets
- It comes with a built-in smart IC chip that provides robust protection for you and your devices. This smart chip employs automatic protection technology and supplies intelligent current matching
- It provides lightning-fast charging of USB-C compatible devices through its built-in USB type C ports including Apple MacBook, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 6P 5X, LG, iPad Pro 2018, etc
- It is designed for showing extensive compatibility with USB-B and USB-C powered devices such as smartphones, cameras, tablets, mp3 players, etc
- It comes with a quick charge 3.0 port that provides 3.5A charging speed while its other 2 ports together provide 3.5A charging speed
- It comes with 6 months manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- It provides smart and safe charging with effective protection against high-temperature, overcharges, short-circuits, surge current, over current, and surge voltage
- It features a durable, compact, and lightweight design (32 gms) that makes it easy to carry in your suitcase, purse, or pocket.
- It is a universal car charger that can be used in almost any four-wheeler including a car, sports car, jeep, truck, mini-bus, SUV, etc
- No negative points were observed so far.
3. AT&T Car Charger
This three in one USB car charger is another great pick that brings nothing but the flexibility to typical on the go charging needs.
With its three output ports, you’ll enjoy the versatility of powering various devices while on the road.
Like most trusted products, AT&T CC52 will not overcharge, create a short circuit, or deliver overloaded output. Although it is small-sized, it boasts a super compact build to withstand typical wear and tear influences.
AT&T’s innovative technology guarantees the delivery of efficient charge to keep you connected wherever you go.
- Features three USB ports of which two are 2.1A rated and one 1.0A enabling optimal and simultaneous charging of up to three mobile devices
- Comes with built-in safeguards to ensure the protection of devices from overheating, overcharging, and excess current
- Boasts of a Smart IC chip that caters for intelligent communication
- Comes in a compact and lightweight design making it ideal for travel and portability
- Features a non-destructive blue LED power indicator that helps to confirm the connection status while minimizing visual distraction
- Equipped with the ability to stop charging at the full battery charge
- Compatible with wide-ranging USB powered devices such as Apple, Samsung, and Android smartphones and tablets
- Small, compact, and powerful
- Automatic full-charge stoppage
- Optimal compatibility
- Fast charging car charger
- Reliable built-in safeguards
- Universal compatibility
- No Cons were Observed
4. iVoltaa Car Charger
When it comes to the super compact and durable quality compact charger, very few alternatives come close to the iVoltaa dual-port metal car charger.
With an aluminium hybrid casing, this car charger is built to guarantee a long life in use. It comes in a compact size and offers efficient functionality like any other options of its class.
Given its dimensions, it stand0 as a reliable companion that can be conveniently carried in the car, plugged into the designated port with appearing bulky and overbearing.
The external build appears sleek, offering a special aesthetic edge that will add some face-value appeal to the car’s interior.
- Has dimensions measuring 6.2 by 2.5 by 2.5 cms making it conveniently ultra-slim
- Features a super-compact aluminium hybrid casing making it a portable and a highly durable pick
- Features with two 2.4A rated USB charging ports providing a total of the output of 4.8 Amps and allow charging of up to two devices simultaneously at a full charging speed
- Designed to be compatible with 24w car charger adapter allowing it to provide sufficient power while staying usable on a 12/24 volt standard input car accessory port
- Comes equipped with Intellicharge technology enabling the fastest possible charge of up to 2.4A on each charging port
- Boasts of complete protection thanks to a premium circuitry with in-built high temperature, overcharging, and short circuit protection which essentially guarantees 100 per cent safe charging experience
- Equipped with electromagnetic shielding capability allowing superior audio performance while charging music playing devices
- Has the capacity to adjust voltage output automatically depending on a device’s rating for a uniform charging rate
- Dual charging capability
- Complete safety guarantee
- Efficient and fast charging technology
- Impressive build quality
- Offers powerful performance on the road
- Stylish and good looking finish
- Universal compatibility
5. Mi Car Charger
A decent quality charger supporting charging in standard cars, the Mi Basic car charger is a good bet for your money for several reasons.
First, it features two distinct USB ports allowing charging of two devices with the same efficiency level. It means charging modern-day devices couldn’t be any easier.
Secondly, it is designed with Qualcomm 3.0 quick charge technology which ensures it shines in delivering power on to your devices.
It shines with a minimalist compact and lightweight design that makes it non-imposing on the car dashboard.
Perhaps the icing on the cake, is the blue LED lighting that not only gives it an aesthetic appeal but allows visibility of the charger and its ports, especially when driving in the dark.
- Features Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 technology to ensure a delivery speedy charge for contemporary USB chargeable devices
- Comes with two distinct USB ports to allow charging of up to two devices at the same time
- Boasts of a stylish blue LED ring
- Features an advanced chipset four-layer protection including overcurrent protection, short circuit protection, output overvoltage protection, and high-temperature protection that allows fast charging while optimizing safety
- Comes in a compact and lightweight design to ensure ease of portability
- Universally compatible with a rating of 12V/24V
- Delivers fast charging
- Compact and lightweight
- Advanced chipset ensures high safety standards
- Universally compatible
- Works in all standard cars
- Decent build quality
- Constant in-out plugging may cause scratches on the body
6. Amazonbasics Car Charger
The Amazonbasics brand needs no introduction when it comes to decent quality and reliable day to day accessories. Designed to work for Android and Apple devices alike, you can’t possibly ask for more from a 4.0 amp USB car charger.
Ideally, it comes as an excellent pick for mobile phones, tablets, among other contemporary devices thanks to its nearly all universal compatibility.
This USB car charger adaptor has a built-in safety system that guarantees protection from overload, short circuit, power surge, and more. With you’ll have no problem charging anything from a smartphone to other pieces of everyday mobile electronics.
- Features dual 20 watts USB ports rated to charge up to two devices such as phones and tablets at the same time
- Boast of near-universal compatibility allowing charging of devices such as iPhone 7 Plus / 7 / 6s Plus / 6s / 6 Plus / Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus / iPad Pro / iPad Air / Air 2 / iPad mini / LG, Nexus, HTC among others
- Features a reliable built-in safety system
- Equipped with a discrete and non-distracting LED light indicator to give visual confirmation of connection
- Lightweight and compact design to allow hassle-free portability
- Offers a reliable way to keep portable devices powered
- Handy dual-port design
- Efficient, quick charge technology
- Safe high-speed charging
- Compatible with wide-ranging devices
- Easily plugs in-car accessory port
- Doesn’t come with a charging cable
7. Philips Car Charger
Whether you are heading out for a road trip or running errands around, this car charger by Phillips can help you keep your mobile devices flowing with power.
Designed to enable fast charging for smartphones, tablets, music players, and cameras among other contemporary mobile devices, the manufacturer has kept all the modern car charging needs in mind.
Once plugged into the car’s accessory port, it automatically varies the current that flows depending on the device’s rating. It is one of the smallest chargers you’ll find in the market, make no mistake.
It delivers quite efficiently thanks to an intelligent circuitry designed to optimize charging while protecting your device and the charging system from overcharging.
- Boasts of an efficient circuitry with multiple built-in safeguards that guarantee fast charging
- Protects from over-current, over-voltage, overheating, over-charging, and short-circuiting
- Features powerful dual USB output port that can support charging of high power-consuming devices
- Designed to safely and automatically adjust the voltage output from the vehicle thus any device connected charges at a uniform rate
- Compatible with multiple devices brands including iPad, iPhone, iPod, Nook, LG, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Kindle, and more
- Multiple built-in safeguards
- Small and compact
- Elegantly designed
- Comes with the user manual
- Delivers fast charge irrespective of voltage variations
- Package doesn’t include a USB cable
8. Amkette Car Charger
If you are looking for a reliable car charger that delivers fast charge over three ports in one unit, the Amkette Power Pro could be the perfect fit.
Manufactured with mobile devices car charging needs in mind, it delivers up to four times charging speed for all Qualcomm compatible devices.
What makes it tick all the right boxes is the ability to deliver on the job without causing damage to the charging devices or the car charging system.
Thanks to its built-in advanced chipset design, you’ll face no risks of overcharging, overheating or short circuit problems.
The Amkette Power Pro 3 boasts of well-thought-out SmartFLUX technology that ensures automatic adjustment of optimum charging speed under different circumstances.
Overall, this car charger is quite versatile and can save your device from shutting down on those long road trips.
- Equipped with efficient Qualcomm quick charge technology
- Features USB ports which can charge up to three devices at the same time delivering a total of 33 watts output for charging wide-ranging devices
- Features an advanced chipset design with three layers of safety to ensure protection
- Boasts of a unique SmartFLUX technology that ensures automatic adjustment of maximum charging speed in line with a device’s power uptake rating
- Charges Qualcomm compatible devices supporting Quick Charge 2.0 and 3.0, adaptive fast charge, Turbocharge
- Comes with a Quick Charge 3.0 + braided Micro USB cable making it a complete package for ready use
- Made of sturdy and high-quality materials to guarantee a long life in use
- Delivers enough power for all manner of devices
- Automatic speed charging
- Includes a robust, high-quality USB cable
- Reliable charging speed options
- Doesn’t support Dash and Warp charge
9. Ambrane Car Charger
The Ambrane ACC-74-M is designed to provide delightful functionality for frequent road trip fanatics.
At face value, it is an instant attraction with a sleek soft-touch and textured finish combination. But that is just the surface.
Diving a little deeper, you will appreciate its compact size and lightweight built that allows pain-free handling.
Beyond that, you’ll love the fact that it is universally compatible. So with it, you don’t have to carry different car chargers for every USB charging device you own.
To sum it all up, Ambrane ACC-74-M is designed to deliver just the right amount of power to keep all your devices running.
- Boasts of universal compatibility hence can charge all USB powered gadgets and can work in all vehicles with a standard accessory port
- Features a compact and lightweight design to allow convenient in-vehicle use
- Fast charging capability to ensure it provides a consistent and optimal amount of power required to charge any compatible device
- Has a Smart dual port with a maximum output of 2.4A allowing charging of two gadgets simultaneously
- Fast charging
- Universal compatibility
- Sleek and stylish
- Small compact size with rugged body
- Comes with the free micro USB cable
- Flexible charging options
- May stop working after a few months of use
10. Tagg Car Charger
The Tagg Roadster Smart Car Charger will leave you proud of your purchasing instincts when on the road for extended periods.
Three words best summarise its capabilities and features- fast, smart, and durable.
First, it boasts of compact design thanks to state of the art materials used in its construction.
In effect, it can endure cold and hot temperatures as well as low and high pressure. Most of all, the build can withstand accidental drops’ shock, allowing the user to enjoy extended periods of use.
As if that is not enough, the manufacturer took safety considerations seriously. While it boasts of fast charging ability, it keeps your connected devices safe from overheating, and excess current.
- Boasts of uncompromising safety standards with multiple built-in protective capabilities to ensure overheating, overcharging, excess current, and the likes remain no threat
- Features fast and adaptive charging technology to ensure optimal and variable charging for all compatible gadgets
- Has a compact design with premium-grade construction to guarantee long-life in use
- Features exclusive Qualcomm 3.0 certified charging technology allowing delivery of the fastest possible USB charging experience
- Universal compatibility hence can charge varying versions of phones and tablets among other mobile devices
- Features the reliable Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 technology which promises up to four times more efficient charging rate
- Boasts of the Smart IC technology that enables the delivery of current depending on the device rating
- Automatic and variable smart charging capability
- Flexible compatibility
- Efficient and fast charging
- Minimalistic and sleek design
- Impressive quality build
- High endurance
- Complete safety guarantee
- Costs a little more than alternatives to its class
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many amps should a car charger be?
Car chargers come rated at different Amperage levels say 1.0A, 2.1A, and so on.
Ideally, the most suitable charger should have an Amp rating that matches the uptake of devices one intends to use.
It is important because it determines the charging rate. It means having the perfect match which will save you from waiting to have your gadget charged.
2. Is it okay to charge the phone in the car?
Yes. It is alright to charge a phone from the designated car accessory charging port.
However, you must ensure that only the right charger is used to avoid any unpleasant situations.
Obviously, you can’t compare charging anything in the car with electricity but the convenience it brings to replenishing battery power makes it good enough.
3. Does a charger with a higher Amps rating charge faster?
No. Usually, how fast a gadget can charge depends on its in-built charge circuit capacity and not the charger.
The best way to optimize the charging time is by using a compatible charger.
4. What is a wireless car charger?
In the simplest terms, this refers to a charger that transmits power without a physical connection like a wire or cable. So, in place of plugging in a USB charging cable, a charging platform is used.
5. What is a USB car charger?
As the name suggests, this type of car charger utilizes the standard USB design for charging.
The device comes with typical USB ports and uses a cable to connect to different electrical devices. USB car chargers are quite popular for their flexibility and almost universal compatibility.
6. What is the best car charger to buy?
Like with most products in the market, there is never a one cut fit for all. By and large, personal preferences usually make the final determination. For instance, while one person will go for multiple ports, another person will be fine with a single port. The same way, a buyer with a massive budget, would most likely go the high-end route while another with a tight budget will be restricted to affordable options no matter the features.
7. What should one look for in an in-car charger?
Depending on individual needs, there are several factors one should consider before putting their money on a specific product.
Keep in mind the amps rating, compatibility, ease of connectivity, price, and most importantly, safety features.
While it may not be possible to find everything in one model, a balance of all the vital considerations should suffice.
8. Is wireless car charging safe?
Yes. Generally speaking, car chargers have to meet set industry safety standards before releasing into the market. It means when used correctly, wireless car charging is as safe as wired cable charging.
9. How much should I spend on a car charger?
The question of how much to part way with in exchange for a car charger boils down to two things.
First is your budget. Secondly, the features you prefer will decide your price range.
Of course, the more you spend, the better quality you are likely to get. But, for a start, you can consider going affordable and scale up over time.
Otherwise, ensure what you pay gives you the performance that you need.
A car charger is your reliable traveling companion if you spend a considerable amount of time in your car. Our top three car chargers are the Ptron car charger, Boat car charger and The AT & T car charger.
Whether you love to go for long drives or your work entails lots of traveling, a car charger gives you a breather of life like an oxygen cylinder.
Our ever-increasing desire to stay connected 24 by 7 sees us spending a major chunk of our time on digital devices like laptops, tablets, or smartphones. Thus, a car charger has become an absolute necessity for every car traveler.