Best Selling Car Reverse Camera
Reverse parking is one of the toughest parts for drivers parking a car, especially in cramped places. It becomes difficult for the driver to spot small living things while parking and they unknowingly end up hitting them.
Small animals like kittens, puppies, squirrels usually suffer due to reserve parking. Later on, drivers regret on their deeds. For this purpose, a car reverse camera sensor was developed.
It is a device that picturizes the reversing slot with a camera and display them on the rearview mirror or the separate LCD or LED display provided along with the camera.
The idea is conceived from the parking sensor, which gives an alert signal whenever an obstacle is faced. The parking sensor system was improvised to a car rearview camera which was first developed by Buick Centurion in 1956.
The below article provides complete guidelines with the list of best car rearview cameras available in the Indian market. Types of rearview cameras allow you to make a choice.
We also provided buyers guide for car rearview camera in detail, which will help in making buying decisions.
Best Car Reverse Camera
Types of Car Reverse Parking Cameras
As we discussed in the introduction, the car rearview cameras attained its improvisations, and it is divided into various types based on its method of mountings. There are three types of car rearview cameras:
- Surface Mounted
- Flush Mounted
- License Mounted
Surface Mounted Cameras
These cameras are mounted on a flat surface of the vehicle by focusing them high up. By doing so, they provide a perfect view and an excellent depth perception.
These features make this type of camera to be more efficient, and that’s why they are chosen for larger vehicles so they would produce a better picture with a broader angle.
Flush Mounted Cameras
Flush mounted cameras can be installed in any hole that is present in the backside of the vehicle so that they produce a nice and clean image. Though they provide a clear picture, it is not possible for these types of rearview cameras to give a more in-depth view as the surface mounted camera unit.
License Mounted Cameras
It is usually mounted on an existing license plate hole which may not require drilling of new holes to mount the camera. Thus they can be installed easily.
The camera is placed depending on the placement of the license plate in the car
Car Reverse Camera Buyers Guide
Before buying any rearview camera buyers should consider the following factors and opt for the best one as per there needs.
Easy to Install
The rearview camera should be easy to install for anyone so that you can fit it comfortably anywhere in your vehicle, be it a car or a truck.
It should be fitted easily on the license plate, back window, or any other location using a long cable connection.
Video Image Quality
The image or quality of the video should be of a high resolution of 480 pixels so that you can view the rear of your car with clarity even during the night.
It should come with a wide viewing angle of 17 degrees so that you can view the surroundings even from the sides of the screen. Some cameras also come with a parking guide to help you park your car.
Field of view
The view of a camera is determined by its image sensor, size, type, and focal length of the lens. It should provide a better performance in low light and wider field views.
The average field view should be 120 deg, and the minimum field view is 90 deg. It should also contain mirror image capability, i.e. it should be able to flip the image on the screen so that it makes it easy for the driver to reverse the car.
Types of monitor
In these modern days, LCD or LED screens are used for all displays so our camera displays. TFT-LCD screens can be placed on the dashboard easily.
The size of the screen depends on the personal choice of the customer.
The most commonly used image sensor is CCD or CMOS sensors.
These sensors convert light to signal either analog, i.e. CCD or digital, i.e. CMOS. CMOS sensor draws less power; however, CCD provides a higher quality video, and better adapted to handle fluctuating light scenarios. But CCD sensors are more expensive.
Infrared night vision
The infrared LED light camera gives pictures in total darkness. It provides visibility for about 20-30 feet.
It is advised not to buy a rearview camera without an infrared night vision.
The rearview system connected to the reverse light of the vehicle should automatically switch on when the car goes to reverse gear.
This also accounts to be one of the most important features of the rearview camera because the driver cannot go in search of the external control at emergency times.
Weather camera and connections
The camera should be able to resist various weather conditions such as sun, rain, snow, storm, etc. This is one of the important features that should be considered by the customers
Many products can be designated as the best one and are reachable to the Indian customers. Let’s check out a few them in detail here.
11 Best Car Reverse Camera
1. DYTESA BLACK HD CCD CAR REARVIEW CAMERA
Car reverse cameras are very important to have on the car to avoid any accidents while reversing. DYTesa understands that and offers multiple ranges of car cameras.
The DYTesa car rearview camera comes inbuilt with multiple functions that assist you in reverse parking. The compact size camera weighs only 200 grams and has a modern chic design.
- The camera has a color CCD image sensor with upgraded Color CCD Chip PC7070K that alerts you when you reach a particular distance.
- It displays high definition pictures with a resolution of 728*582 and has a 170-degree rotating angle.
- It is IP67 waterproof. Hence it can function in any weather.
- The camera can be used on various vehicles like car, truck, RV, mini-van whos rated voltage is under 12V.
- It supports night vision and the NTSC TV system. Hence the camera is useful for reverse parking as well as parking.
- The camera is made of metal and has a wire length of 6 meters.
- The camera has a sturdy build.
- Vision quality in both day and night time are high standards.
- Distance sensing works perfectly.
- It does not come with a display LED. You have to buy a separate screen.
2. CarEmpire Super Mini HD Car Reverse Parking Camera
The Super Mini reverse parking camera from CarEmpire is one of the smallest car cameras with a width of 16.5mm only. It comes with a wide-angle view of 170 degrees and is also waterproof.
The build quality of this camera at such a low price range is decent and gets the job done.
It has a night vision mode and makes parking safer for you. This is a decent brand, and the product is durable and sturdy.
It is an all-weather HD camera for your car that is shockproof and provides you with a crystal clear view.
- This camera is the smallest and thinnest with a width of 16.5mm and is very discreet as well.
- This HD camera is connected directly to the battery of the vehicle, and it turns on as soon as you start the car and put it into reverse gear. At that time, it starts showing the video on display placed in front of you.
- This camera will cover a wide angle of 170 degrees for you to park correctly. Camera reversing guard line feature comes portable, temperature resistant, shockproof, etc.
- This is an all-weather camera for your car parking purposes. This is IP68 certified waterproof, dustproof, and also can operate properly from -20 degrees celsius to 60 degrees Celsius temperature.
- This anti-shock reverse camera comes with a resolution of 728×628, which is enough for you to understand.
- The shutter speed can go as high as 1/80 sec. The internal lens (2.8mm) comes with an angle of 120 degrees to 170 degrees (1.8mm).
- The night vision mode works with the help of a low aperture of F1.8 and 0.2Lux with no LED.
- The power consumption of this reverse camera is very low – 300mA only.
- The lens becomes dusty, and the videos become blurry.
3. Auto Snap Reverse Parking Assistance Camera Combo
This combo pack of reverse parking camera comes with a 4.3inch LCD monitor along with the camera and necessary cables to connect them.
This is an ideal choice of reverse camera for your car, so you can park the car in pitch dark situations with the help of its Night vision mode powered by 8 LED lights to illuminate the video and make it visible.
This is a mid-range reverse parking camera with the decent build quality and installing this device is very easy, and also it is very user-friendly to operate.
- This combo pack comes in different sizes which have upgraded specifications. This one is a medium-sized parking camera that will fit properly on any side of your number plate.
- It is a very durable and sturdy product that will last long due to its tough exterior body that has been made with high-quality plastic.
- This comes with all the needed accessories such as two power cables, 1 6 meter length video cable, one monitor, and one hole saw. Install the camera in its place and use these accessories to use it.
- This reverse parking camera will provide you with 720P HD videos with a resolution of (1280×720).
- This comes with a Night vision mode, so when it’s completely dark, with the help of 8 LED lights, this camera will show you crystal clear video so you can park your car properly.
- The 4.3-inch backlight full-colour display is where the video shows captured by the parking camera.
- This is directly connected to the car’s battery, and it turns on automatically when you put your car into reverse gear. The camera stars capturing the video, and it displays on the LCD monitor.
- It is very easy to operate and easier to install.
- The power consumption of this camera is only 12 watts. It is very energy-efficient.
- The durability of this camera is not very good
4. Starvin Car Rear View Reverse Parking Camera with HD Night Vision (8 LED)
This Car Rear View Reverse camera from Starvin is the ideal option for adverse weather conditions because of its ip67 waterproof rating and shockproof design that ensures a clear view even in a storm or heavy rainy conditions.
The wide viewing angle of 170 degrees and the 8 LED lighting ensure a colored HD image with a clear visual display of a real-time image.
- The night vision reverse camera comes with ir8 LED.
- It has ip67 waterproof rating and shockproof design.
- Power supply: DC 9 V – 15 V.
- The angle of the lens is 170 degrees.
- Pixel resolution: 656 x 492 ensures HD colored image with the clear video quality.
- It is easy to install and universal as it can be fitted in all cars or trucks.
- The wired back-up camera provides continuous and real-time image even in adverse weather conditions.
- It has multi-purpose use as a backup camera, side view camera, front view camera, and surveillance is a hidden security camera.
- The clarity of the video could be better.
5. Fabtec Car 7 HD LCD Screen with USB & Memory Card Support with Night-Vision Rear View Reverse Parking HD Camera
This product comes with a rear night vision camera and a 7 inch LCD touch screen that allows you to view everything even in the pitch dark. The camera is easy to fit in all vehicles where the backup camera is connected to the monitor with an RCA video input.
You can drive safe easily during the night while the remote control and touch screen ensure faster access to the on and off operation while parking the car.
- The rearview camera features LED bright lights to provide realistic night vision images.
- Comes with a 7 inch LCD touch screen with remote control.
- Can be fitted in all vehicles including trucks, SUVs, and cars.
- The backup security camera can be connected to the monitor with an RCA Video Input.
- Video format: AVI, MP4 in 480 pixels.
- Comes with built-in speakers, USB and SD card support.
- Lens: 2.8 mm, Diameter: 18.5 mm.
- Ensures easy and safe driving during the night.
- Comes with an ultra-fast response and minimum delay in switching it on and off.
- It is waterproof and shock resistant.
- Display quality is not up to the mark.
- Does not support Bluetooth.3
6. Woodman 8 LED Car Rear View Camera with Night Vision
The Woodman car rearview camera comes with 8 LED bright lights so that you can efficiently view everything that is behind you clearly with its high resolution.
The wide viewing angle, on the other hand, helps those with a blind spot. This night view rear camera ensures one of the best quality images than any other camera in the market.
- Comes with eight bright LED lights so that you can see everything behind your car at night even at a distance.
- Has a built-in 3089 chip for a clear video image.
- It has a 420 TV line resolution.
- Supports NTSC TV system.
- This is a waterproof camera.
- Comes with distance parking guideline.
- It has multi-purpose use.
- Ensures clear video quality, which is much better than the other cameras in the market.
- The wide 170-degree lens angle works well with a blind spot.
- Easy to install and can be fitted anywhere in your car or truck.
- The viewing angle is not wide enough.
7. Sound Boss Car Rearview Camera
This is one of the best moving product in the Indian market. It posses all the necessary features that should be present in every car reverse camera.
Sound Boss is Full HD rearview camera which provides jam-free pictures even in adverse weather.
Sound Boss supports infrared night vision sensor which provides clear vision in the darkness. This camera is IP67 waterproof which never gets fogged and can be used in stormy or rainy days
- It produces jam-free, sensitive pictures.
- The pictures have an HD resolution.
- It is highly resistant to adverse weather condition.
- It has an infrared night sensor with 8IR LED which produces a comfortable, realistic image and a better performance in dark space. This assures a safe reversing in darkness.
- This has a wide-angle camera that provides a wider view of the reversing space.
- This system is provided with a waterproof and shockproof system.
- This gives reversing guideline path.
- This system provides full HD car rearview camera with infrared night vision.
- Its IP67 graded waterproof and shockproof camera
- Accurate distance scale line for proper parking.
- Very quick and easy installation.
- Automatic switching of the car reverse camera is missing; it requires an external switching system.
8. FABTEC LED Night Vision
Fabtec LED camera iv very easy to install. It is the one which suits all vehicle types.
You can mount Fabtec rearview camera to car’s license plate area, back window, or any other suitable place. It supports CCD image sensor and provides a wide-angle view of 170 degrees.
- This is a universal camera which can be used in trucks, SUVs and all cars.
- The resolution of the pictures is HD.
- This system is highly resistant to weather.
- Fabtec is IP67 graded waterproof and shockproof vehicle rearview camera.
- It provides infrared night vision that provides a clear view of the reversing path in darkness.
- It can be easily mounted on the handle of car rear hood.
- The lens angle is about 135-170 degree.
- The display system is NTSC/PAL, and it has 420 TV lines.
- This system is very easy to operate and enhances safer parking.
- This system produces HD pictures which help in viewing the reversing slot.
- Durable glass lens surrounded by 8 LEDs
- Shockproof and waterproof IP67 graded design
- Sometimes gives grainy and pixelated video output.
9. Amicikart 8 LED Night Vision Reverse Parking Camera
Reverse parking is always a challenge for one and all. Especially during night time or in crowded areas, it is very challenging.
Amicikart Night vision reverse parking camera helps you to park your vehicle easily, safely, and speedily.
Having 120-degree wide angle which gives a clear view of backspace. This reverse parking camera is supported by 8 LEDs, which facilitates the clear night vision.
Also, this camera is waterproof, which will make you worry less during rainy and foggy nights. Its always good to mount the camera on the rear hood of the vehicle.
- The system produces pictures of HD resolution.
- Clear night vision with 8 LED system that provides visibility in complete darkness.
- The viewing angle is about 120 degrees wide.
- This system is completely resistant to various weather conditions such as rain, storm, wind, etc.
- Waterproof Camera system
- This system has the most important infrared night vision that helps in the reversing of the car in complete darkness.
- This system produces HD pictures that provide a clear view of the reversing path.
- The viewing angle in this system is not too wide which makes the reverse view path to be narrow and results in a poor reversing system.
10. Volga Parking Assistance Car Reverse Camera
Volga reverse camera is highly used in the Indian market. With the usage of this, you can avoid accidents and major incidents. It’s a package of 8 LED light camera, Camera Monitor, Car rearview camera.
It can be used in multiple vehicles like car, truck, SUV, and so on, and it is must have a system for vehicle safety.
- It has a CCD image sensor to produce a better picture on the screen.
- This provides a wider view angle that provides a better view of the reversing path.
- Waterproof system
- 8 LED night vision that gives a reliable and sensitive picture in complete darkness.
- Vehicle Monitor supports NTSC Video system with a 4.3-inch display.
- Can help avoids incidents and accidents abrasion well 9. 8 LED Lights camera package includes 1 x 4.3 Car Monitor 1 x car rear view camera 1 x 6m cable 2 x Screw 1 x Product Manual 1x Drill
- Resistant to adverse weather conditions.
- Ease of Installation
- Robust screen support
- Night Vision is poor
11. UniqOutlet Rear View Backup Camera
UniqOutlet backup camera has built-in best 3089 HD chip which provides a clear good quality video image. The installation of this camera is completely at ease.
It has a 170-degree wide view angle, which gives a clear view of the background. 8 LED lights provide good night vision. The camera is graded as IP68 waterproof and shockproof. It is one of the great must-have accessories for the car.
Above all, it is multifunctional and universal, can be used for a variety of vehicles.
This system is universal because it is fit for all cars and trucks. In this, the camera is mounted on the cars license plate.it is multi-functional and can be used for a variety of vehicles.
- It provides infrared night vision with eight bright LED system that improves the performance of the system even in complete darkness.
- It has a 170-degree wide lens angle that provides a great vision for larger distance.
- Use CCD sensor having a picture resolution of 628*586 pixel.
- Built in with high-quality chip to provide a very clear video image.
- It can be used as a backup camera, front view camera, side view camera, surveillance is the hidden security camera, etc
- Easy installation on any make of cars or trucks
- It is IP68 graded waterproof and shockproof and works in all adverse conditions
- Night vision is not clear
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is a reverse camera fitted?
You can easily fit a rearview camera on your truck or car by mounting it directly on the car window or license plate by drilling a hole of the required size in the preferred location.
The camera is then connected to the monitor using the RCA cable and the monitor cable.
2. Do car reverse camera work at night?
Night vision reverse cameras come with LED bright lights so that you can view the back of your car even in the pitch dark. This ensures easy and safe driving even at night.
3. Do car cameras record all the time?
Dashboard cameras are designed to record continuously when they are powered. On the other hand, you will have to set up the record time for other cameras after turning it on.
4. How does the rearview camera work?
The car when reversed switches on the rearview camera to record the surroundings behind your car and display it on the screen. Thus, you get to see what is behind you so that you can drive safely.
Most cameras also have parking guides so that you know the distance between your car and any object behind you.
Car reverse camera allows you to drive safely. They are the perfect partner for reversing the car.
The car rear view camera is the one that is attached to the rear of the car or vehicle that aids the reversing action of the car. The pictured image is horizontally flipped so that the output is the mirror image of the original image as the driver and the camera faces the opposite direction.
Thus this flipped image appears as an original image on the screen and will not leave driver confused about the sides.
Car Reverse Camera generally uses a wide angle lens or a fisheye lens to provide a greater angle view. The lens must be pointed to a downward angle to view the potential image on the ground.
The best car rear view camera uses servo mechanics that allows the driver to pan and tilt remotely.
The system is also attached with additional built-in audio intercoms for communicating with the spotter outside. The good reverse camera has infrared night vision that allows the driver to see the reversing path even in complete darkness reliably.