9 Best Baby Teethers
Your cutie-pie’s heartwarming smiles give way to painful cries when he/she undergoes the teething phase. Your excitement at the appearance of the first tooth in your baby subsidizes quickly to see them in pain. That’s where the baby teethers come into play.
A baby teether brings back smiles on your baby’s face and thus keeps you delighted. Your baby feels relieved from the pain when he/she chews or bites on the teether. It is an excellent baby’s essential that soothe baby’s aching gums effectively.
The baby teethers come in various shapes and types. These feature attractive colours and designs for pleasing the babies. The teethers serve as the best toys for your babies at such an early age.
In this review you will read about the different types of teethers, benefits, things you need to consider before purchasing one, frequently asked questions a few tips that will help you handle your baby properly during the teething period and the best 9 Top rated baby teethers.
9 Best Baby Teethers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Silicone Teether for Babies
Best Plastic Teether
Best for Baby’s Gum Development
BPA-free Safe Product
Teether and a Toy
Best Silicone Teething Toy
Best Durability Feature
Best When Traveling
Benefits of Using Baby Teethers
Teethers help kids to feel less pain during the teething period. They make the entire process easier for you and your kids as well.
When your baby applies a little pressure on a teether, his gums feel much better and comfortable.
Keeps kids engaged
Suckling comes naturally for infants, and whenever they come across something that they can suck, they get happy and fully engaged in sucking.
Give them a teether, and you’ll have all the time you need to carry out different tasks around the house.
A teether will help your baby a lot, especially when in stressful conditions such as during an injection. Some Kids also find it difficult to settle during sleep time always get comfortable when given a teether.
Prevents kids from putting foreign things in the mouth
During the teething process, your baby will always want to bite on something and thus take anything they can lift with their tiny hands to their mouth.
Your baby will remain safe from using anything they come across with a teether since some can harm their mouth or even choke them.
A teether will also prevent your baby from sucking on her thumb or fingers, as this ends up being a bad habit.
Helps kids to develop excellent motor skills
A teether will enable your baby to develop motor skills when lifting and placing it in their mouth from time to time. With a teether, your baby’s fingers will get firm and gain the ability to grasp things on their own.
It will also enhance their eye-hand coordination.
Consider the following safety tips;
- Never leave your baby unsupervised when using a teether.
- You also have to ensure that you get your baby a teether that they can grip, hold, and put it in the mouth safely.
- Avoid using items not meant to be teethers, as teethers for your baby.
- Toys with small parts that can break in your baby’s mouth and choke them should never get within their reach.
- Always verify that the teether is safe for your baby’s use before putting it in her mouth.
- It should be BPA free and made from non-toxic paint.
- Avoid buying used teethers at all costs. Most used teethers get scratches that can harbour bacteria, exposing your baby to health risks.
Types of Baby Teethers
Silicone baby teethers
Silicone rubbers are the best and safest choice for babies.
They are non-toxic, allergy-free, and BPA free. These teethers are hypoallergenic and guarantee your baby of safety at all times.
They also eliminate the choking dangers since they are a one-piece of chewy, soft, soothing toys.
Silicone teethers are odourless, and you can also clean and refrigerate them with ease to enhance soothing. With them, there’s hardly the growth of mould in the teether.
They come in different forms, lightweight and easy to carry and keep.
These teethers are made from latex and considered a safe choice for babies as well. It’s easy for your little one to chew on them, and they also last for a long time.
The only set back of using rubber teethers is that they tend to cause latex allergies to some kids.
When selecting plastic teethers for your baby, ensure that you get the BPA free ones.
While doing so, remember that some may claim to be toxic-free but still contain toxins. Plastic teethers come in different shapes and designs, giving a variety to choose from for your baby.
These teethers are made from softwood and help your baby go through the painful process with many comforts. They are very safe for infants since most are non-toxic.
Chewing on these wooden baby teethers alleviates not only pain but also strengthens your baby’s gums.
When selecting a wooden teether for your baby, ensure that the edges come rounded off since you don’t want your baby to suffer from mouth injuries.
In the past, clean cotton cloth with knots at the end worked perfectly as teethers. The practice continues even today with the only difference being that they come in better variations.
Fabric teethers can double up as teethers and soft toys at the same time. The only drawback of these teethers is that they need proper maintenance since you have to keep them clean and dry at all times.
Liquid filled teethers
These teethers can come filled with either water or gel. Water filled ones make it easier for your baby to bite and relieve pain from the aching gums. They help settle the irritation and are a favourite to all kids.
Instead of water, a non-toxic gel gets filled in the teething ring for gel-filled ones, making it easier to chew on. You have to keep a keen eye on your baby if using this teether since her sharp tooth may puncture it making the gel to flow out,
If possible, avoid using these teethers since should your baby break them, and the water or gel gets out, it might choke them. The gel may even be contaminated, exposing your little one to diseases.
The following are the things you need to look out for when purchasing teethers for your baby.
You need to consider the material used for making the teether before you purchase it for your baby. There are plenty of teethers to consider, including silicone ones, plastic, rubber, wooden, or fabric made teethers.
Go for ones you feel will work for your baby and ensure that they are 100% safe for your baby’s use.
If possible, get a teether that comes with an attached clip. The clip makes it easier to clip the toy on your baby’s dress. With the clip, your baby will always have the teether with them. It will also reduce the chances of teether getting soiled.
The size of a teether matters a lot. You need to get a thin teether for a four-month baby, one that they hold, lift and bite with ease if you get a bigger one, it won’t work for them.
Older babies require bigger teethers as they can hold them with ease. If you give your 13 months old a thin teether, they will most likely get bored with it after a short time.
Easy to hold
Always select a teether that your baby can grasp with ease at all times. Such a teether will most probably have grips to enable your baby to hold it better.
If your baby can hold a toy, they’ll fall in love with it and always want to have it in their mouth.
Consider the weight of a teether before purchasing one for your little tot. Always go for a lightweight one since you don’t want your baby to give up on it.
Some toys give out squeaky sounds when kids bite on them, keeping your little one engaged. They also entertain babies who always look forward to using them. If you get irritated even by the slightest of noise, avoid these teethers.
Content filled in it
If going for liquid-filled teethers, always consider the type of liquid used. Most come filled with purified water or cooling gels that make your baby’s teething process easier.
Constant chewing can make holes in the teether exposing your baby to these liquids. They might ingest some of the liquid and thus the need to know the type of content used before paying for the teether.
The safety of your baby should always remain paramount. Since you don’t want to expose your baby to any health issues, you have to ensure that the teether you purchase is safe for them to use.
You can’t buy a teether with rough edges or one with small parts that can break when in your baby’s mouth. Keep your baby safe at all times.
The teether should also be free of toxins and BPA-free since you don’t want to expose your baby to chemicals.
Easy to clean
Since the teether will be going into your baby’s mouth, you need to ensure that you get one that you can wash and sterilize with ease.
Most silicone, rubber, wooden and plastic teethers are easy to clean and thus a better choice if you can get a safe dishwasher one, the better. Fabric teethers, which get dirty with ease, might give you a difficult time when cleaning them.
Always consider your budget when going for anything. Ask yourself whether you want to spend the amount on the price tag for that teether.
If it’s okay with you, then go for it. If you feel that the price is too much for you, you can always select one that suits your budget. Even when choosing cheap baby teethers, always go for the quality.
Top 9 Baby Teethers
1. Infantso Baby Teether
Infantso baby teether is a ring-shaped teether that is prepared from high-quality and food-grade silicone. It helps relieve the pain in your baby’s gums for ensuring a pleasurable and comfortable teething phase.
It comes in an attractive ring and is ergonomically designed for helping your babies to maintain easy grip. It is a safe and hygienic teether that instantly delights your babies.
- It is prepared from premium-quality silicone that stays firm and durable during chewing or biting by babies
- It is a BPA-free and non-toxic teether that is completely safe for your babies
- It comes with soft bumps and nubs that provide ultimate soothing for the aching delicate gums of your babies
- It has multi-sensory textures that help in relieving gum pain and provide robust oral stimulation
- It is an ergonomically designed teether that features the perfect shape and size for providing an easy grip for the little hands of the babies
- It is suitable for infants who are aged 2 months and older
- It measures 8.1 x 7.1 x 2 centimetres in dimensions and it weighs only 20 grams
- It features grooves and bumps for providing gentle rubbing on the baby’s gums without causing any harm to the soft oral cavity of babies
- Using this baby teether helps the babies in improving their motor skills and enhances their fingers’ flexibility that makes it easy for holding the teether toy
- It comes in a bright colour that instantly grabs the attention of babies and keeps them engaged for hours
- It features a ringing handgrip that makes it easy for babies to hold the teether and insert it in their mouth by themselves
- No negative points were observed.
2. Mee Mee Teether
If looking for a teether with the best shape that will enable your baby to get a firm grip at all times, this teether will work for you. It comes in a unique shape that allows your baby to hold it with ease. It also comes in attractive colours to attract your baby’s attention.
The teether has a soft textured surface that helps massage your baby’s gums when teething and easing the pain. It comes with rounded edges that are smooth and provide your baby with all the comfort they deserve.
This teether for babies provides kids with the requisite amount of stimulation for your baby’s gum development. It has non-toxic colourants assuring you of your baby’s safety at all times.
You can clean it with ease and easy to sterilize, store, and carry around when travelling.
- Comes in a specially designed shape enabling your baby to hold it with ease
- Light in weight and therefore easy for your baby to hold
- Has a soft textured surface that provides perfect oral stimulation
- Contains non-toxic colourants and therefore very safe for your baby to use
- Easy to grasp and hold
- Comes in a pop colour that attracts kids
- Easy to use, clean and sterilize
- Has a soft textured surface that soothes your baby’s gums
- Comes out when chewing
- It is smaller than expected
3. Funskool Teether
The teether comes in a specific design to help keep your baby engaged at all times. It introduces your kids to different textures, shapes, and sounds at the same time.
This teether will surely give your baby the best time ever. Made from high-grade plastic, the teether will help your baby get instant relief during the teething period. It is comfortable to hold and also safe for your baby’s use.
You won’t have to worry about your baby’s mouth getting hurt as it comes with smooth edges. The teether will help your baby develop excellent motor skills as well as perfect eye and hand coordination. It also helps your little one to develop a sense of touch.
Precise movements of this teether create specific sounds enabling your baby to learn the basics of cause and effect. Due to its lightweight, you can carry it everywhere when travelling with your baby.
- Made from high-quality child-safe plastic and therefore long-lasting
- Makes precise movements enabling your little one to learn all the basics of cause and effect
- Designed to keep your baby engaged at all times
- Introduces kids to different shapes, textures, and sounds
- Small and perfect for kids
- High-quality and comes in vibrant colours
- Relieves gum irritations
- Helps your baby to develop excellent motor skills
- A little difficult for kids to chew
4. Maxbell Teether
This teether acts like a toothbrush as well and thus very economical. It’s made from non-toxic and non-allergic silicone and, therefore, the best for your baby.
It is also BPA, latex, and phthalates free and thus very safe for your baby’s use. The teether comes with handles that enable your baby to grasp and take it into their mouth with ease.
It is also bendable and thus easy for your baby to use. With it, your little will develop excellent hand, eye, and mouth coordination.
You can cool the teether in the refrigerator or freezer for enhanced soothing. The brush comes with soft silicone bristles that help remove food particles from your baby’s mouth and cleaning existing teeth and her gums.
With this toothbrush, your baby will develop good oral hygiene habits early and learn to do them even without your presence in the future. It is easy to wash and dishwasher safe.
Get your baby this teether, and help them relieve their gums from pain and keep their mouth clean at the same time.
- Multipurpose since it acts both as a toothbrush and a teether
- Made from 100% silicone and therefore incredibly soft and bendable
- Refrigerator and freezer safe for enhanced cooling and soothing effects
- Banana peels handles makes it easy for your baby to hold
- Dishwasher friendly and thus easy to clean
- Made from silicone and therefore easy for your baby to bite
- Free from toxic materials and thus safe for your baby to use
- Easy to hold and use
- Bristles start falling after sometime
5. Baybee Teether
For all those babies who still have the habit of crying and being cranky and have the tendency to bite their fingers, Baybee Molar Teeth Soother is one of the best options for them.
The easy grip and lightweight product help your child grasp, lift, and develop their motor skills. It is a BPA-free product which makes it safe for kids to use.
- The product is EN certified, which is one of the most stringent safety standards defined by European standards for kids and toddlers’ safety. Every minute detail has been taken care of for your baby’s safety
- The soft-textured surface of this teether would make your kids love chewing, which will eventually massage and soothe their gums
- It comes in a variety of colours for both boys and girls
- To produce a chilling effect on the gums of your kids, it can also be refrigerated as it is refrigerator-friendly
- The massage on their gums will make them happy and provide them with instant relief
- The product is easy to be cleaned and maintained. You can easily use the dishwasher for your teethers or sterilize it with just water
- The perfect shape of the teether will let them easily fit inside, and it is also big enough, which would prevent it from causing choking or gagging
- The product is lightweight and provides an easy grip for them to grasp, lift, and develop their motor skills
- The teether size is too big for a teething child
6. Green Toys Teether
Green Toys brand is known for its baby toys. It offers a great variety from planes to trains to the car. They also make toys for 6-7 month babies. One such toy is this twist teether toy. It has dual functionality, which is of a toy and a teether.
- Product dimensions are 19.05 x 16.76 x 1.52 cm
- Easy to hold with its twisted design
- Perfect size making it easy for kids to hold it and chew on it
- The teether also has few danglers that distract kids from crying
- Made out of safe quality
- Kids respond to this teether well because of its colour and design
7. Kidzvilla Teether
Nothing will make your baby happier than using this silicone teether during her teething period. It is entirely made of silicone and very soft, reliable, and durable to use.
Your baby will chew on it for long hours but still retain its original shape. Your little one will have an easy time putting it in their mouth since it comes with a comfortable grip.
It has a soft textured surface that massages kids’ guns, relieving them of pain. Every bite on this teether brings a cooling effect to your baby’s delicate mouth.
This teether is 100% non-toxic and BPA-free and, therefore, safe for your baby’s use. It also comes in attractive colours to attract your baby’s attention. The product is multifunctional and can be used both as a teether and a toy to keep your baby busy.
You can clean the teether with ease and also sterilize it for your baby’s hygiene. Due to its soft nature, it’ll never hurt your baby’s mouth.
- Has a soft textured surface that helps in massaging kids’ gums
- Made from non-toxic and BPA-free silicone material and therefore safe for your baby
- Comes in beautiful colours to attract your baby’s attention
- Has a comfortable grip that makes it easy for your baby to hold
- Soft and doesn’t hurt your baby
- Can easily be sterilized by boiling
- Keeps your baby engaged for long
- Soothes baby’s gums relieving them of pain
- Thick and therefore makes it difficult for infants to bite
8. Dakos Teether
Are you in search of a teether that your baby will use for a long time? Dakos baby teether will work best for you and your little one. It is made from baby-friendly material and doesn’t break with ease. It is also eco-friendly and therefore one of the best teethers you can find in the Indian market today.
The soft silicone material makes the teether easy for your baby to chew. Its smooth texture helps to soothe your baby’s aching gums providing her with instant relief.
It comes in perfect shape to fit your baby’s smallmouth. It is also big enough to prevent your baby from choking. The teether is super lightweight and therefore, easy for your baby to grasp and lift it into their mouth.
It helps your baby to develop excellent motor skills as well as eye-hand coordination. If your baby is crying and looking for a bite, give them this corn to calm down.
The teether comes in beautiful colours that will make your baby fall in love with it. The teether’s ears, legs, and horns come in just the right size for your baby to hold. It is easy to clean since it’s dishwasher safe. You can also sterilize it with hot water.
- Super lightweight enabling your baby to grasp it with ease
- Comes in the right shape to fit your baby’s mouth
- Big enough to prevent your baby from choking
- Made from durable and eco-friendly silicone material
- Comes in an attractive design that makes it fun for kids
- Soft and easy to hold
- Doesn’t break with ease and therefore durable
- Easy to clean and sterilize
- Comes in a smaller size than expected
9. Kacool Teether
If looking for a unique teether, especially if your baby likes to suck on their thumb, this is the teether to go for. It is made from food-grade silicone, and FDA approved for safety. Your baby can, therefore, use it without you having to worry about their health.
It comes in a unique design, crinkle sound, and pain-relieving texture. The teether will stimulate learning to help your baby acquire the best growing up experience.
It will also help your baby grow teeth happily as it will relieve pain from their sore gums. The teether will also protect your baby from self-scratching and irritating their skin and lessen your baby’s chances of suffering from blisters associated with thumb scratching.
It will soothe your baby’s gums, making her happy at all times. The mittens come with an adjustable velcro strap that keeps them on your baby’s hands all the time preventing them from falling on the ground.
It comes with a soft, breathable fabric that absorbs all drool. It is also easy to clean and dry since all you need to do is put it into the water and dryer.
- Comes in a unique design to help your baby go through a pain-free teething experience
- Made from food-grade silicone and FDA approved for your baby’s safety
- Comes with an adjustable velcro strap that helps to keep it in position at all times
- Has soft and breathable fabric that absorbs all drool and also makes it easy to clean
- Easy to clean
- Keeps your baby’s hands clean
- Smooth and durable
- Effectively relieves pain from kids’ sore gums
- A little pricey
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I tell that my baby is teething?
You will tell that your baby is teething if their gums get swollen and sensitive or when you see a tooth below their gums.
Drooling, irritability, fussiness, refusing to eat, trouble when sleeping, and trying to bite or suck on everything are also indicators that your baby is teething.
Should you notice several symptoms, there is a very high chance that your baby is teething. However, you need to be cautious since it could be something else altogether.
2. When should I give my baby teether?
Whenever your babies have the habit of crying and being cranky and have the tendency to bite their fingers, you should use the baby teether.
3. Are teething rings safe to use?
It would help if you looked while buying products such as teethers, which is used to make it. Always go for BPA-free products that have some certification, which ensures safety for your kids.
4. Are teethers safe for babies to use?
Yes. Teethers help to soothe your baby’s gums and keeping her comfortable during the teething period. Since kids suck on them, potential chemicals are alarming and, therefore, the need to select the best.
Avoid plastics if possible, and also avoid freezing teethers as they can get hard and bruise your baby’s gums. To ensure that your baby remains safe when using a teether, select those without small pieces as well.
5. How long do babies need teethers?
Your baby will require a teether throughout the teething period, which mostly ends when she becomes six months old. Some kids will, however, use them until they get 13 months old.
6. How do I get my teething baby to sleep?
To help your teething baby feel more comfortable to sleep, give them a cold but not frozen teething ring to chew on. You can also try to rub her gums with a wet gauze pad or a clean finger.
7. How long does teething pain last after the last tooth appears?
The first tooth can appear at any time between 3 to 15 months, with an average of four to seven months. For most babies, if teething causes symptoms, it’s usually four days before the tooth comes in and three days after the tooth appears.
8. Does breastfeeding soothe teething?
No. Breastfeeding will only help soothe your baby, who is in pain or unhappy. When it comes to teething, you may not achieve much by breastfeeding your baby. Remember that teething kids mostly like to chew and bite on things.
Only teething toys can help soothe your baby’s sore gums during this period.
9. Will teething stop my baby from eating?
Yes. The pain will make your baby stop eating. However, as long as your little one takes fluids, refusing to eat shouldn’t become of great concern since it’s okay for babies to eat less during teething.
The only thing you need to do is keep offering them food since they’ll start eating again once the pain is gone.
10. Can I boil baby teething products?
Yes, you can. Boiling is one way of sterilizing your baby’s teethers. By sterilizing them, you’ll be protecting your baby from disease-causing bacteria.
All you need to do is bring a pot of water to a boil and let the teethers boil for a few minutes.
11. How many teethers do I need to purchase for my baby?
Try an assortment of different types since your baby may hate some. You don’t want to purchase one teether that your baby ends hating it. You need more teethers so that you’ll always have another one to replace it if one gets misplaced.
For a start, try having at least five teething toys for your baby, to begin with.
A baby teether is easily one of the best things you can get for your babies during their teething phase. It provides excellent relief from pain and exerts soothing action. It promotes healthy gum and teeth development in babies.
Using a baby teether also stimulates motor skills and enhances hand-eye coordination in babies. The babies learn to hold and maintain a firm grip while chewing the teether. These teethers are designed to be safe for your babies.
You can pick the best teether for your baby from a wide range of popular teethers including silicone teether, rubber teether, cloth teether, a wooden teether, and liquid-filled teether.
Get a high-quality baby teether that promises countless moments of joyous smiles and heartening experiences for your babies.