10 Best Baby Monitors
Parenting comes with its own set of challenges. One of them is maintaining a constant vigil on your cutie-pies when they are sleeping or playing alone.
Even though you try your best to remain with your babies 24/7, it’s not always possible due to your work commitments at home or outside. This keeps your heart pounding until your little one is in front of your eyes again.
A baby monitor is designed to provide you peace of mind by ensuring your babies’ efficient and constant monitoring. Thus, you can always have a look at your baby, sleeping in another room, or playing around as you continue with your chores.
10 Best Baby Monitors in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
The Most Advanced Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor
Best Dual Baby Monitor
Best Long-range Baby Monitor
Best Budget-Friendly Baby Monitor
Best Interchangeable Lens Technology
Best Baby Monitor App
Best Portable Baby Monitor
The Best Wifi Baby Camera Monitor
Best Baby Monitor For Twins
Best All In One Baby Data Tracking Monitor
Safety Precaution in Using a Baby Monitor
While using a baby monitor there are some safety precautions to keep in mind to ensure safety for your baby. Here are some tips to remember
Avoid placing the monitor on/in the baby’s crib
Safety is always the first thing to keep in mind for your little one. Do no place the baby monitor on the crib but instead a few feet away.
If you place it in or on the baby’s crib, there are chances that the baby monitor may fall or your baby can get hurt from it.
Keep power plug away
Keep all power plugs several feet away from the baby’s crib to avoid any type of accident. The cords should be far away from your little one so there is no way of them getting to the wires.
Adult supervision is the best
Know that a baby monitor does not in any way replace adult supervision. No matter how technologically advanced a baby monitor is, it can never replace the ears and eyes of a parent or a caregiver.
Motion monitors are often not SIDS ( Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) safe. While it might be susceptible to a baby’s movement and breathing patterns, it is not SIDS aware.
Types of Baby Monitors
Different types of baby monitors abound in the market for one to choose from. The different types of baby monitors come with some variations. Here are some baby monitors to choose from.
Baby Sound Monitors
These are the most commonly used baby monitors in the Indian market. These baby monitors come in both analogue and digital models.
They come with a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter picks up a sound/image coming from the baby’s room or nursery and then passes it over to the mom or caregiver’s receiver.
With this, the parents will know when the baby is crying or is awake from a nap. These monitors are usually portable and often come with more than one receiver.
Baby Video Monitors
Having just sound in a baby monitor is not always enough. You wish to see how your child is doing through visuals.
With baby video monitors, a camera and a transmitter are enabled to the monitor. The camera and the microphone transmits the images and sound from the baby’s crib to the receiver.
Most baby video monitors are usually portable and handheld devices with a black and white or coloured screen.
Another version of these products comes with a portable display that can be carried around the house.
Advanced models of the video monitors come with the ability to stream videos online to enable parents to watch the kids from any internet-connected computer.
You can also use them to monitor your babies while they are playing in another room. They allow one to zoom in on the camera to get a clear picture.
The digital baby monitors are fully encrypted for transmission. With this encryption, sounds from your baby’s room cannot be easily picked up by other receivers.
These products are often more expensive than analogue monitors due to their advanced security and added sound quality.
Analogue Baby Monitors
These types of monitors are inexpensive and can easily be found online and offline. Analogue baby monitors use 900 MHz or 49 MHz frequency and function more like a radio channel.
It comes with different channels; therefore, one can change to a clearer frequency. Some newer analogue monitors use the 2.4 GHz frequency that helps to reduce interference.
The drawback to the analogue monitors is that someone can hear your baby cry or you might even hear your neighbour’s child crying in the middle of the night on the device.
Wearable Baby Monitors
These baby monitors give you the satisfaction and confidence that your baby is safe and comfortable.
A wearable baby monitor is clipped into the baby’s diaper and vibrates when no movement is detected after 20 seconds.
An alarm also goes off after five more seconds of no detection of any activity from the baby. This monitor is wireless and comes with no sensor pads.
Wireless Network Monitors
These types of baby monitors are connected to existing wireless devices in your house. It allows one to make use of the phone, tablets, and the computer as the receivers.
Most of these monitors send a notification to the user’s devices when a change in movement or noise is noticed.
Baby Motion Monitors
The baby motion or movement monitors are advanced transmitters. They don’t transmit the baby’s movement or sound but show if the baby has not moved in 20 seconds.
These types of monitors are wireless, and a sensor is placed under the baby’s mattress in other to determine the difference between the baby’s breathing and other movements made by the baby after 20 seconds.
Since babies are known to move several times while sleeping, an alarm goes off to the receiver, if the child does not move for more than the required time.
Other types of motion monitors transmit sounds that allow parents to listen to their child’s cry and breathing, especially if they are unwell.
Buying Guide for Baby Monitor
Different types of baby monitors are available in the market. Most come with different add-ons that make them stand out. Some of the features to look out for include:
- Sound activation
One of the primary things to look out for when buying a baby monitor is determining the ease in activating the sound.
Some baby monitors tend to activate their sound when they sense the air conditioner or other ambient noise.
Go for baby monitors that pick up the baby’s sound, cry, movement or breath as they are the better ones.
- Add-on features
Most new baby monitors come with some fantastic add-ons that make them more effective.
Some of these features can turn on a sound to soothe the baby back to sleep or adjust and control the room temperature.
- DECT technology
With the help of DECT technology, parents get a very clear sound from the monitor to the handset. It makes use of a low-frequency band that is just for voice-only communication.
Baby monitors with DECT technology are the best since you can select from different frequency channels. With this option, you can easily pick up the best and clear signal that is available.
- Light-up sound indicator
Baby monitors with a light-up sound indicator enable one to monitor the baby’s noise level visually. This feature can be functional even when the sound of the handset is muted or low.
- Rechargeable batteries
Baby monitors with a rechargeable battery is a great feature to look out for.
Since most parents tend to keep the baby’s monitor and handsets always on, it is important to select a model that can be plugged in and also charged.
- Video and sound interference filters
One other important factor to look out for when buying a baby monitor is how clear the video image and sound are. The brighter and clearer the monitor is, the better the visibility.
Go for a monitor with a sound activation feature that will help filter out those background and white noises.
- Multiple portable handset receivers
Some handset variants are so portable that one can move around with them from one room to another room. Some other models come with an extra set of handsets that can be used in other rooms.
- Night vision technology
When buying a digital video monitor, it is important to go for products that come with night vision technology. It is important when babies are sleeping at night that the video display is clear.
Some other models also allow you to control the brightness of the screen.
- Wireless encryption
Security is important in anything that we do and especially when it comes to your little one. With the wireless encryption, you are sure that no one can easily tap into your monitor’s feed and follow up on what is happening in your house.
- Display quality/screen size
Most baby video monitors come with larger screens and higher resolutions. This offers a clearer view. Others come with more portable screens that are smaller and can be viewed on your phone app.
- Two-way communication
Another important option to look out for when purchasing a baby monitor is the two-way talk. This popular feature allows one to speak and sing lullabies back to the baby over the monitor.
How far can the baby monitor be kept from the handset is also very important. There is no point in getting one with only a small distance capacity.
- Battery life
It is important to determine the battery life of the monitor. How long can the screen be kept on before the need to plug it in or recharge or change the battery?
Some cameras can be mounted on the wall, while others can be carried along and even travelled with.
Here is the list of the top baby monitors that you can go for.
1. Kodak Baby Monitor
Kodak Cherish Video Baby Monitor C520 is a smart baby monitor that provides the highest quality images and videos.
This ensures that you never miss a moment of your baby’s activity and keeps an eye on your little ones for enhanced safety. This baby video monitor by Kodak has been tested and approved by parents from across the world.
It gives you peace of mind and comfortable sleep at night as you can always check if your baby is enjoying sound sleep or needs your help.
It features a parent unit that helps you to view your baby’s activities while you are away for work. It comes with a Kodak smart home app that allows you to master the challenges of maintaining a perfect work-life balance.
- It features a large parent unit of 5 inches width that enables you to always remain in the moment and enjoy live videos of your babies anytime. It offers permanent access to your baby’s room through its parent unit.
- It supports 720p remote video streaming that ensures seamless transmission of HD videos.
- It provides a bird’s-eye view of everything happening in your baby’s room.
- It features split-screen functionality that allows you to keep an eye on two separate places in your home.
- With this baby’s monitor, you can avail secure access through your smartphone.
- It provides long-range and Wi-fi connectivity.
- It comes with a high-resolution camera that offers remote zoom functionality.
- It provides high-definition night vision to see your baby’s movements in the crib clearly.
- It features a user-friendly design and can be easily set-up within no time.
- You can record your baby’s videos on an SD card and avail cloud recording through your smartphone app.
- It comes equipped with 9 comforting lullabies that you can play remotely from your smartphone or parent unit for ensuring your babies fall asleep peacefully.
- It supports a two-way talk feature that enables you to interact with your babies.
- With Kodak smart home app, you can receive notifications of any sound or motions in your baby’s room. This helps you attend to your baby if he or she is crying, moving around, or needing your help.
- No negative points observed so far
2. Serene Life Baby Monitor – Best Dual Baby Monitor
The Serene Life wireless baby monitor is a portable child home monitoring devices. It has a dual system with a 2-inch digital colour screen.
This baby monitor comes with some great features that make it stand out. It is a dual monitor that works like a thermostat and a sleep device.
It gives a reliable, convenient, and secure built-in microphone speaker. With its two-way communication, you can easily speak back to your baby, and it also extends the wireless range.
The Serene Life monitor is user-friendly as it controls interface night vision.
With its built-in musical lullabies, your baby will soon be back to sleep as you monitor them from the different rooms in the house.
- Extended wireless range
- Comes with USB wall power adapters
- A wireless operation range of up to 850 ft
- A built-in rechargeable battery of Li-Po 750mah
- Built-in microphone speaker
- Temperature monitoring button
- With its built-in thermometer, one can easily know the room temperature where the baby is sleeping
- An outstanding video and picture quality 0.3 MP image processor
- It is intuitive in its navigation when different cameras are being used
- Very easy to use and mount
- Its sleep tracker and sensor helps you to improve on your baby’s sleep
- Its additional features like moonlight soother, VOX and lullabies help to keep the baby comfortable
- Its remote trigger musical melodies allow you to activate the lullabies from your room easily
- It is convenient and very reliable
- The battery life could be longer
- No option to reduce the sound from the settings
3. Hello Baby Baby Monitor
The Hello Baby remote wireless baby monitor is a very attractive device that stands out among its competitors.
It comes with a long-lasting battery life of 12 hours while on power-saving mode (VOX) and 8 hours when the screen is full blast.
The VOX mode is the power saving mode with sound enabled. It comes with a super clear video sound and a night vision that comes in black and white.
The baby monitor is 2.4 GHz connected, and this helps to prevent the issue of signal dropouts.
The central product unit is paired with four cameras configured to monitor the different angles and directions.
This makes it very reliable to make use of at any point in time. The hello baby remote video monitor can analyze the baby’s room temperature to ascertain if it is too cold or hot.
One great feature of this product is its plug and play features – this requires no setup to use. The LED on the receiver comes with a feature that blinks to indicate that the baby is crying.
- Lullabies playing option
- The screen-off audio-only mode
- Optical pan and tilt
- Comes with a 2X digital zoom
- Sound activated LED indicator
- It comes with eight levels of alarms
- It has an impressive 360-degree viewing option
- It is designed in a way that it is easy and light weighted – for easy carrying
- Its sensor room temperature monitoring ability enables parents to know if the room is hot or cold
- It comes with an option that allows two people in the room to communicate
- Its 2X night vision and zoom modes
- It is very reliable and secure from interference
- No warranty
- It functions with lithium-ion batteries only
4. Facelake Baby Monitor – Best Budget-Friendly Baby Monitor
The Facelake FL602 video baby monitor is a 2-way talkback system that enables one to communicate and talk back to the baby.
The monitor comes with a temperature monitoring sensor that determines the nature of the environment. It comes with eight built-in lullabies, making it a good baby sound monitor that helps in soothing the baby.
It has an automatic night vision and a night vision distance of 15 FT (5m). This long-range baby monitor also has the option of multiple language support (English/French/Spanish/Italian/German).
Colour LCD and a long battery life of 8 hours when in VOX mode. With Facelake, you can keep an eye on your baby all night long since it won’t be requiring battery charging for the monitor for the whole night while on VOX mode.
- Comes with one monitor and one camera
- Has a power adapter
- It comes with a user manual
- It has a transmission power of 17dBm Spread Spectrum: AFH & TDMA
- It comes with a CMOS DC image sensor
- It uses a Li-polymer / 400mAh, 3.7V Battery
- Has resolution support of 220 X 176
- Comes with a power supply support of 5V/500mA
- It has eight lullabies built-in that helps in soothing the baby back to sleep
- With its night vision capacity, one can know what is happening with the baby all night long
- It is very portable and light-weighted
- It has a wireless connectivity
- Long battery life and also rechargeable
- Fully secured from connectivity disruption
- Battery life could be better
5. Infant Optics Baby Monitor –Best Interchangeable Lens Technology
The Infant Optics DXR-8 baby monitor is a great screen monitor with outstanding picture quality. It comes as a one-piece product as it requires just having the app in your smartphone for it to function.
This Infant Optical comes with the capacity to swivel the camera around. This saves space and time of setting up different cameras to get other angles of the room.
It comes with the ability to be zoomed in and out and easily controlled from the monitor.
With its interchangeable optical lens, one can customize a different viewing angle and also zoom. The camera comes with instant playback, it is lag-free, and the 3.5” screen allows it not to hog up your phone screen.
The infant optics DXR-8 boast great security and privacy since sound and video don’t pass through the internet.
The product also has a long battery life (12 hours audio-only mode and 8 hours with live screen).
- Has an interchangeable optical lens
- Has a remote tilt/pan/zoom
- Plug and play feature
- It comes with an expandable camera with scan mode
- Requires 1 Lithium-ion battery
- Has an item weight of 907 g
- Has a product dimension of 49 X 34 X 16.5 cm
- Comes with an alarm function
- Comes with a secure 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmission
- The product comes with great screen quality and a zoom feature
- Has a strong video quality
- The camera of infant optical is easily controlled from the monitor
- The screen can be shut off at night leaving just the sound
- Portable and sleek designed
- The first baby monitor that comes with interchangeable lens technology
- The DXR-8 monitor unit can be charged from laptops or any USB outlets
- Charging port issue
- The signal’s range could be better
6. iBaby Monitor The Most Advanced Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor
The iBaby Monitor M6S 1080p HD is a smart digital wi-fi baby monitor. It connects with WI-FI using Android and iOS devices.
It comes with a full clear video resolution since it is an HD device. Its night vision comes with near-invisible infrared LEDs.
This allows you to see the baby clearer at night. With the iBaby monitor, your baby can now enjoy thousands of calming lullabies, stories, and other educational built-in audio.
The smart digital baby monitor also prides itself with recording videos, snap pictures, measuring humidity and temperature, and a grow-up timeline.
- Two-way communication
- Instant smart alert
- Free cloud storage
- Unique MFI connection
- Enables routers DHCP SRV and SSID broadcasting (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz)
- 1100 tilt movement
- It comes with a monitor base, sensor, and power adapter
- It stands out due to its unlimited user access to the video feed
- The monitor comes with a full option for privacy settings
- Easy to set up in less than 60 seconds
- One can keep an eye on the whole family in up to 4 rooms at once
- Good WI-FI connection is required
7. Snuza Pico Baby Monitor – Best Portable Baby Monitor
The Snuza Pico baby monitor is one of its kind. It is a wearable device that can be attached to the baby’s diapers, and it is smaller than other Snuza products.
This monitor vibrates after every 15 seconds if the baby does not move. This is done to raise your baby to resume its abdominal movements.
An alarm follows after another 5 seconds if the abdominal movement does not occur.
It also monitors all the parameters such as the baby’s body temperature abdominal movement rate, fall detection when the baby falls, and baby body position.
The Snuza Pico also has the option to pick up other external movements when the baby is co-sleeping.
- Real-time view of temperature abdominal movement rate, fall detection when the baby falls, and changes position
- Comes with no cords, wires or sensor pad
- Has a vibration stimulus
- Has no external power
- Very portable and attachable
- Comes with a 1-year warranty (Excluding the battery)
- Helps to monitor the inactivity of a baby and is good for premature babies
- Can’t be used when the child is in motion or in a car
8. Philips Baby Monitor – The Best Wifi Baby Camera Monitor
The Philips Avent Dect baby monitor helps you to stay connected to your baby the whole day. Philips Avent Dect baby monitor is one of the most popular baby monitors used by parents in India.
This monitor comes with a long operating time as the battery lifespan is strong. Another feature that makes it stand out is its high range warning that tells you when you are moving far from the monitor.
It also comes with a 5 sound level indicator that can be used even if the parent unit is on mute. It consists of DECT technology that keeps the monitor secure from interference from other transmitting devices.
- It comes with a variable volume control
- 300-meter range capacity
- Five sound-activated LEDs
- Outlet or battery-powered
- The parent unit uses 1.5-volt R6 AA alkaline non-rechargeable batteries
- Can also use a 1.2-volt R6 AA rechargeable batteries
- The Philip Avent Dect baby monitor gives you the peace of mind that you desire through its reliable signal and high-security level
- It has a very clear vision and picture quality
- Comes with two supply sources with a very durable and reliable battery
- Gives users the option to adjust the volume of the monitor and receiver to their liking
- Picks up static sound
9. Babysense Baby Monitor – Best Baby Monitor For Twins
The Baby Sense Video baby monitor comes with two cameras with an LCD. This allows one to monitor two rooms or two cameras in one particular room. This can easily be done by pressing the OK button to switch over.
The monitor comes in a 2.4-inch high-quality colour LCD. It is enhanced with a 2.4GHz FHSS Technology that prevents interference during streaming and a very clear digital sound and video.
It comes with two-way communication to help comfort and soothe your baby with the tone of your voice.
It also comes with a room temperature monitoring sensor, auto infrared night vision, low and high-temperature alerts; sound activation LED indicator, Eco mode voice activation, and alarm time setting.
It comes with other options such as Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), 2x Digital Zoom, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Digital Image Pan/Tilt option, Auto Scan View, Lullabies and Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options.
- Comes with an ECO Mode Voice Activation
- Comes with an alarm/timer setting
- Comes with a low battery warning
- A 2.4 inch HD colour LCD
- Comes with built-in lullabies
- Auto Infrared Night Vision
- Three power adapter
- It requires 1 lithium polymer battery
- It comes with the ability to adjust the brightness and volume of the monitor
- Fully secured connection due to its 2.4GHz digital wireless audio & video transmission
- Multi-Camera expandability – Up to 4 cameras
- The infrared night vision ability helps to detect dim or low light automatically
- It is a bit expensive
10. Evoz Baby Monitor – Best All In One Baby Data Tracking Monitor
The Evoz glow Wi-Fi monitor is an encompassing baby app and camera. It allows you to look after your child while he/she is asleep. You can watch the child from anywhere due to the unlimited range of the baby monitor.
The smart product feature helps it distinguish a crying baby from other sounds in noisy environments.
It is stylishly designed so that the modular magnetic base allows one to place the camera anywhere in the nursery easily.
The Evoz sensor alert system notifies one when the child cries based on the parents’ or caregivers’ setting. Option to view the child when they cry is also available.
The monitor app is also designed in such a way that it can automatically collect and store data.
Parents can also use it to record and keep track of the baby’s feedings, sleep, diaper change, humidity, temperature, and other significant milestones.
- An HD wide-angle camera lens and IR LEDs
- Ability to capture images and videos of the baby
- Password protected
- Supports Android and iOS devices
- Parented alert technology
- Built-in lullabies
- Infrared LEDs and clear night vision
- Two-way talk system
- It comes with an integrated advice system from an expert like Kim West LCSW-C, The Sleep Lady.
- Comes with an easy to assembly and clear HD video since it can be placed anywhere in the room
- Its cry detection algorithms distinguish other noise from the baby’s cry. This helps to keep you relax from other confusing sounds
- This Wireless WI-Fi monitor allows one to watch and listen to the baby anywhere on the Android or iOS-enabled devices.
- It comes with sharing data easily with doctors, family members, and friends with raw data and graphical format export feature.
- The Evoz baby monitor is also a good device that keeps track of the baby’s sleeping schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need a monitor?
The baby monitor is important when one needs to do other chores far from the baby. It saves you the time of checking on the baby on and off again. It gives you some relaxation time while doing your other things.
2. Which is the best type of monitor?
The best type of baby monitors for you is Kodak Cherish Baby Monitor, Serene Life Baby Monitor and Hello Baby Baby Monitor.
3. How can I secure myself from prying neighbours and hackers?
Wi-Fi enabled baby monitors are an excellent choice for range and portability – but it is easy to hack except update the firewalls periodically.
Digital monitors with a 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless transmission is fully encrypted and safe from hackers.
4. Can I connect the baby monitor with my smartphone?
It all depends on the type of baby monitor that you have. For a baby monitor with a Wi-Fi connection, it can easily be connected to a smartphone.
5. Can several people view the streaming at once?
Yes. Most types of monitors come with the option that allows others permission to stream at the same time. This requires one to give the passcode to the person to view or hear the sound.
6. Is it possible for me to talk to my baby from the parent’s device?
Yes. It is possible with the talk-back option that is available on most baby monitors. Touch and hold the microphone icon that is on the receiver. The sound depends on the built-in speaker.
7. Why can I only hear a loud noise instead of my baby?
Audio problems often cause this as a result of faulty microphone calibration from the sender’s side. This shows that the microphone sensitivity is set too high.
To solve this, adjust the microphone button by following the instructions stated in the manual.
8. How does End-to-end encryption work?
End-to-end encryption is used to encrypt all audio and video data transmitted. It uses a secure AES-256 key that would be generated from the encrypted password that was entered.
This helps to protect your privacy. Don’t use simple passwords like “12345678” name of your baby or other trivial passwords? The longer the encrypted password, the more secure it will be.
9. Why do I hear an echo on the receiver?
Echoes often occur when a receiver device is placed too close to the senders. You must place the devices far from each other or in a separate room.
Baby monitors make your life comfortable and ensure your baby’s optimal safety while you are not nearby. They help you to take timely action in the event of any unfortunate incident that happens to your baby when he is sleeping or playing alone.
The baby monitors come equipped with advanced features like HD videos or app-enabled videos that provide live coverage of your baby’s room. They are a great tool that helps you with a perfect work-life balance and provide improved parenting experiences.