Best Baby Food Steamers In India
It’s no brainer that your baby needs a healthy, well-balanced, and properly-cooked diet that is packed with all the essential nutrients.
While it’s hard to get time and resources to prepare the evenly steamed food for your babies; a baby food steamer does the job for you.
A baby food steamer steams or cooks the vegetables or meat thoroughly while retaining its vitamins, proteins, and other vital nutrients.
This food steamer-processed food is nutritious and healthy, and it boosts the growth and development of your babies.
It is an easy-to-use appliance that provides a quick and efficient way of preparing a healthy diet for your babies. It’s your reliable cooking companion that ensures your babies stay in pink of health and develop holistically.
Top 7 Baby Food Steamers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
4 in 1
4 in 1
The Safest and Smartest Food Processor
The Easy To Use Food Steamer
The Budget-Friendly Food Steamer
Best Multi-Functional Food processor
Benefits of Using a Baby Food Steamer
Baby Food Steamers are a lifesaver for all new parents, especially those who are busy. Steaming food in food steamers is the best way of cooking vegetables, fruits, or any other food item for your infant or toddler.
It ensures that the food is cooked evenly and thoroughly while retaining all its essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Thus, the food steamed in a food steamer proves to be a well balanced and healthy diet for your child. This promotes the overall growth and development of your child.
Food, when boiled, usually loses all the cooking juices and other minerals. However, the food steamer collects all the juices so that all the flavours remain intact. This ensures that the cooked food is tasty and loved by your little one.
Moreover, the food is steamed very easily and quickly by placing the food item in the basket, adding water, and then switching on the steamer.
Most steamers come in the form of a food processor that also has a blending feature. You can also defrost and reheat cold-stored baby food in the steamers using its defrosting feature.
The juices collected after steaming the food is combined into the blending process so that it is blended into a puree with a consistency suitable to your child’s age requirement.
Baby Food Steamer Buyer’s Guide
We will now explain the factors you need to consider before purchasing a baby food steamer:
It should be easy to carry your food processor along with you if you have babies. So, buy a handy and easy-to-store product.
Easy to clean
After using it, the cleaning of the steamer should not be too hectic. Dishwasher-safe products are preferred.
The product should have safety features such as auto-shut off features and child lock as well. The buckle-safety lock will prevent the processor from running if it is not installed correctly.
The material used for making food steamers and blenders should be durable so that it lasts long. Ensure the steamer’s material is that it is dishwasher and sterilizer safe if you even want to sterilize it.
Moreover, all the food processor parts, especially those in contact with the food, should be made using food-grade safe material of plastic or stainless steel that is BPA, lead, and phthalate-free.
This ensures the safety of your child.
Auto-Shut Off and Anti-Dry Detection Feature
Go for a product that comes with an auto shut off and an anti-dry detection feature. These are essential safety features that prevent any unwanted accidents and damage to the product.
The anti-dry detection feature causes heat generation in case the water added for the steaming is too less. The auto-shutoff feature will automatically switch off the appliance to prevent any problem.
Ensure that the size of the bowl or jar of the steamer and blender is enough to hold the required quantity of food for your child. Thus, check the capacity so that it can hold food up to four cups for your convenience.
Suitable Age Requirement
The age requirement also plays an important factor while purchasing a food steamer cum blender. The consistency and texture of the food differ according to the age of your child.
Hence, it is essential to check the minimum age requirement if it is 5 – 6 months or 1-2 years.
The food processor will then prepare the food in a smooth, pureed, or chunk like consistency according to your child’s preference.
The cord should be made using a good quality durable material to transfer power efficiently and prevent any defect or damage.
The wire length should be long enough to easily reach the power source without having to move the appliance too much.
This allows you to store the product according to your preference away from the power socket. You can also go for a cordless food processor if you wish to be free of the hassle of managing the long cords.
It gives your kitchen a more neat look. Moreover, these food steamer cum blenders are easy to move around from place to place as needed by you.
Steaming Basket Type
The steaming basket should have a slit-like design to provide steamed food in the consistency and texture required by your child.
Moreover, ensure that the basket is removable to be safe and easy to clean and maintain.
Transparency of Steaming Bowl or Jar
The steaming bowl or jar should be made of glass or transparent material. This allows you to view the entire food-making process, including the steaming, blending, or defrosting.
It ensures easy monitoring of the food’s consistency and texture, so that is as per your toddler’s requirement.
Easy to Clean
The model should have a fewer number of parts and a removable steaming basket. These parts should also be dishwasher safe so that you can clean them with ease.
You can also go for a product that comes with an auto-clean function that adds to a busy parent’s convenience. It automatically cleans the stirring cup or steaming jar once the food is removed from it.
The steamer should come with a water tank that makes it easy to fill water for steaming the food. This allows you to fill the required amount of water without having to create a mess in your kitchen.
7 Best Baby Food Steamer
1. Philips Avent Steamer
Philips, one of the world’s largest electronic companies, has introduced many healthcare appliances like the Philips Advent combined steamer and blender.
This product is a lifesaver, especially for busy parents as it can steam any food item while retaining its texture and nutrients.
The steamed food can then be blended into fine purees according to your child’s development stage by merely turning over the jar and pushing a button.
Moreover, it has fewer parts that save you the hassle of spending a lot of time cleaning and maintaining. The BPA free material makes it safe for your child.
Thus, these great features make this steamer cum blender is a great pick.
- This is a steamer and blender for baby food
- It includes a spatula, recipe booklet, and a measuring cup
- The capacity of the steamer for solid is 800 and for liquid is 450 ml
- It comes with a cord having a length of 70 cm
- The ingredients are first steamed and then blended into a fine puree
- It comes with a 2-year guarantee against all electrical defects
- Suitable for steaming fruits, meat, vegetables, and preparing finger food and sauces
- It comes with a bowl detection feature and a safety lock system for the lid
- Retains the taste, cooking liquid, and nutrients of the steamed food
- It has a compact design that makes storage convenient
- You can easily fill in water into the steamer without creating a mess
- It has a few parts which make it simple to clean especially for busy parents
- You can choose the texture and thickness of the food based on your child’s development stages including six months, one year, or 2 years
- The product may stop working after a while
2. Baybee Food Processor with Steamer
Baybee smart baby food processor comes packed with the functionality of steamer & grinder. It is a multi-functional baby food processor that provides steam heating, stirring and constant temperature preservation.
This baby food processor is suitable for cooking all types of vegetables, fruits, and meats. You can also heat milk and keep it warm with this food processor. Moreover, it can also self-sterilize milk.
- This multi-functional food processor is packed with 4 powerful functions in one compact design. It is ideally suitable for busy parents so that they can steam, re-heat, blend, and defrost healthy baby food within no time
- It employs imitation fresh technology that serves to retain the food nutrition for ensuring vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are not lost due to heat
- It provides evenly heated and cooked food from top to bottom streaming
- It comes with innovative one-handed controls so that you can easily manoeuvre it while holding your baby
- It features quiet motor functioning so that you can easily cook your food without spreading noise
- It is prepared from high-quality food-grade stainless steel and features nano-coating that provides enhanced durability
- The water tank lid is prepared from stainless steel for enhanced security
- It has a standard precision prep blade that provides fast and effortless chopping of a variety of food items like vegetables, nuts, fruits, etc; with a simple press of a button
- The package comprises a steaming basket, spatula, measuring cup, recipe booklet, mixing lid, warranty card, and a user manual
- It comes with an automatic power-off system that helps you to save energy
- It’s a great tool for making purees for small babies
- It features a safe blade that provides safe working power for completely grinding the food
- It is BPA-free, Lead-free, and phthalate-free food steamer that is safe for your babies
- It has a straight airway that provides easy cleaning
- It’s a multi-function system that is suitable for stewing, warming, grinding, and thawing
- It provides easy operation with its blending button and an adjustable timer
- No negative points were observed
3. Minne QOOC Baby Food Maker
Minne QOOC Baby Food Maker is made up of materials which are risk-free for your babies. It is easy to operate and maintain the food processor.
Now you can replace your traditional ways of using conventional rice cookers for cooking food for your babies. Let us have a look at the other features of this product.
- It is a 4-in-1 food processor that can adapt to different stages of your baby
- For babies 0f 4 to 6 months, you can prepare compotes, soups, and purees
- For babies of 6-9 months, you can make purees with small texture
- For babies of 9-12 months, prepare food with texture and for toddles, prepare mini-meals
- The processor is made up of Tritan BPA, lead and Phthalate free materials that are safe for your babies and you need not worry about any health issues
- Along with that, it has blenders which are made up of food-grade stainless steel, and the nano-coating which comes along it makes it one of the most preferable and safe options
- The package includes measuring cup, steaming cup, mixing cover, spatula, and cleaning brush
- The auto-shutoff safety feature automatically turns off the processor if the water reservoir is dry, which prevents any damage to the product
- The safety-buckle locks ensure that if the machine is not installed correctly, it will not start working
- To preserve the nutrition of the food, the processor is 360-degree evenly heated
- It is effortless to operate this product and efficiently prepares food for your babies
- The mixing sometimes leaves behind a big chunk of food
4. Kiddale Baby Food Processor
This is a 5-in-1 food processor from Kiddale capable of steaming, chopping, stirring, disinfecting, and defrosting with the smart LED panel’s touch.
This appliance saves time and prepares tasty steamed food and purees with intact nutrients for your baby, keeping in mind their preference for taste and consistency.
It is also one of the safest products since it is made of food-grade safe material and comes with safety features, including auto shut off, anti-dry protection, and a security locking feature.
- It comes with a smart, intelligent touch control panel type
- The parts of the food processor which come in contact with the baby food is made from food-grade safe materials
- It has a stirring cup made from Tritan material that is BPA, lead, and phthalate-free
- The steaming basket has a split design to provide food consistency as per your baby’s requirement
- It comes with a steaming button that can be used to increase or decrease the steaming process
- It has a stirring function that transforms the food into a puree
- Suitable for making different styles of purees including spinach, potato, carrot, banana, orange, etc
- It comes with a security locking feature which prevents it from working if the stirring cup is not placed correctly
- It comes with a one year warranty
- Steams vegetables and fruits while making them germ-free and soft
- It has a disinfect special button that sterilizes the container with steam before use
- The disinfect button can also be used to sterilize your baby’s bottle, spoon, nipple, teething, etc
- It has an auto button that allows the processor to start and stop automatically
- The auto clean button automatically cleans the basket and stirring the cup once the food is removed
- The water tank makes water easy to fill
- The large opening ensures easy cleaning of the food processor
- It has approved standard certifications making it safe to use
- The auto-shutoff feature and anti-dry protection will cause heat generation in case the water level is short so that it switches off the processor
- Does not grind as efficiently as it should
5. Brezza Baby Food Maker
Baby Brezza is a known brand that deals with all kinds of baby products like bottles, nipples, feeding bottle sterilizer and baby food makers.
This product is an excellent product from the brand that prepares a nutritious, well-textured, and delicious meal for your infant by steaming and then blending fruits, vegetables, or meat.
It has a large 4 cup capacity that can make enough food for your child. This product is easy to use because of its LED Back-lit panel.
- This is a steamer and blender for baby food
- Comes with a clear glass jar in which food is steamed and blended
- It has a four-cup capacity
- Suitable for steaming or blending fruits, meat and vegetables
- Ideal for babies with a minimum age of 5 months
- Comes with a knob that will blend the food while you keep pressing it down
- It prepares organic food for infants and toddlers with retained nutrients
- The panel with LED backlight makes it easy to understand the working of the product
- You can program the food processor in a way that will automatically blend the food after steaming
- The lid stains easily and is difficult to remove
6. LuvLap Steamer Blender
This is a reasonable option for a steamer cum blender that will save time and prepare a healthy nutritious meal for your little one.
It comes with a transparent jar that allows you to see the working and food-making process to figure out the food’s right consistency.
Moreover, it is also safe for your child as it is made using a BPA free material. Thus, if you are looking for a good steamer cum blender at an affordable price, this would be an ideal option.
- This is a 2-in-1 multi-functional steamer and blender that prepares baby food with the needed consistency
- Includes the main unit with a detachable blending bar, a removable steaming basket, a top lid, and a spatula
- Comes with a transparent jar for easy viewing of the food-making process
- Made from BPA free material
- It has a one year warranty
- It has an auto shut off feature that shuts off the processor automatically once the steaming is done
- It is a 100% natural and chemical-free process
- The light indicators ensure precise and easy operation
- Prepares healthy meals for your child in an easy and fast manner
- Retains all the nutrients and water that might be lost during the steaming process
- May leak after some time
- Not very durable
7. Beaba Baby Steam Cooker and Blender
This 4-in-1 food processor model from Beaba ensures healthy cooking of a delicious meal for your young toddler.
It comes with a manual cyclone effect blade that can blend the steamed food into a smooth, pureed, or a chunk like consistency based on your child’s age requirement.
The model is also capable of defrosting and reheating the cold food in the same steamer. Thus, this is an ideal choice for a multi-functional food processor.
- This is a 4-in-1 food processor that steams, blends, defrosts and reheats
- Comes with a bowl capacity of 1.1 litres
- The steaming basket is removable
- The product comes with a spatula, a blending lid, and a recipe booklet
- Made using BPA, lead, and phthalate-free material
- Suitable for a child having a minimum age of 6 months
- Has a 2 years warranty
- It provides a well-textured meal by collecting all the cooking juices that are rich in nutrients and minerals after steaming and combining it while blending
- The manual cyclone-effect blade ensures tailored mixing for providing food consistency as per your child’s age requirement
- It can steam the food quickly in just 15 minutes while retaining the nutrients and flavours
- It is dishwasher safe
- Easily portable
- You can defrost and then reheat the cold baby food in this steamer
- It is expensive
- Does not work well after a few months
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you need a food processor for baby food?
Yes. Your babies might not be able to consume food that you eat every day and thus, need something in liquid consistency. Therefore, a food processor serves that purpose.
2. Does food steamer get more nutrition then steaming it on the stove?
Yes. Food, when steam cooked over a stove, loses its nutrition and cooking juices because of evaporation.
Hence, the food obtained is tasteless and lacks the essential minerals and vitamins required for your child’s growth and development. This issue is solved with the help of the food steamer.
Food steamer evenly cooks the vegetables, meat, fish, etc. in a fast manner while retaining all the essential minerals and nutrients.
It also collects all the cooking juices so that you are left with a balanced, healthy, and flavorful meal for your little one.
3. Is a steamer better than a manual masher?
A manual masher requires manual labour, and it does not provide baby food with the right consistency and texture.
On the other hand, food steamers are more convenient as they steam food with just a button’s push. It steams food much more quickly and efficiently while retaining the essential nutrients.
The juices collected are then combined into the blending process that provides a flavourful puree in the consistency of your child’s age requirement, which is not possible in a manual masher.
4. How much water is needed to be put in the food while the food is steaming?
It is important to know the right amount of water needed for the overall steaming process. Too little or too much water can affect the entire cooking process.
Most steamers come with an instruction manual which lets you know the required water content for different food steaming items.
Moreover, it also provides the amount of water required for obtaining the consistency needed by your child. It comes with a water tank that makes it easy to add water without creating a mess in the kitchen.
A baby food steamer answers your child’s needs for healthy and nutritious meals. It is an easy-to-operate cooking appliance that brings innovations in your cooking so that you churn out a well-balanced diet daily for your little wonders.
Some food steamers also blend the food so that your food retains its flavour and taste. They are ideally suitable for babies who are starting on solid food. They provide excellent liquid consistency to the food so that babies can easily consume it.