Olympus is a hundred year old Japanese optical instruments company. This is a premium brand, but it offers everything from entry-level point and shoot cameras that cost less than 7.5K to high-end cameras that only top-range professionals could afford.
How Does Olympus Fair As A Camera Brand?
Olympus enjoys very fair visibility in the country. Over the years, the brand has earned a significant level of popularity. As the price point is very attractive to the entry-level users, the brand has a huge customer base for this segment of buyers.
Its popularity under this category is only growing stronger year after year. This does not mean the brand does not attract high-end customers. It certainly has a very good standing in the industry among professional photographers too. Let us consider some of the plus points of this brand.
- Very attractive pricing
- Very simple interface with easy to use features for the entry-level users
- Highly dependable quality – made to last a lifetime
- Good design and excellent finish that feels good in the hand
- Ergonomically designed easy accessibility to the camera controls
- Offers a good range of models for professional photographers too
- Comes in compact designs for the travelers
- Decent quality LCD display in the models where it features a display
- Less noisy mirrorless models are available
- Very good battery performance
- Easy availability of compatible lenses
- Has excellent resale value
- Good service network across the country
Olympus as a brand has focused very much on making its pricing very attractive for the Indian customers. We could see that the brand has done well in terms of attracting entry-level customers with its pricing strategy.
At the same time, the brand has also ensured that the quality is not compromised or else it would not have been possible to enjoy a very high level of customer loyalty that it enjoys today. The brand is known for its quality too.
In order to attract professionals, the brand has also focused equally on high-end models offering exceptional quality and speed.
These two factors are highly valued by the professionals and the brand has sensed the pulse of its target audience when it comes to the expectations of the professional photographers.
Olympus is preferred by the top-professionals as the camera can work seamlessly even in extreme outdoor conditions.
Olympus as a global brand continues to create a huge buzz in the industry with its exclusive range of cameras. It does not matter whether you are interested in buying a point and shoot camera or a high-end digital SLR camera, Olympus has got you covered.
You will be able to find something that best fits your requirements regardless of the type of camera that you are interested in buying.
If you are a traveler and if you are looking for a compact camera with all the latest features at the most reasonable prices, then Olympus is the brand you should be considering. All your requirements will be effectively met by this brand.