Nikon is a Japanese company headquartered in Tokyo. The company specializes in a wide range of optical products including but not limited to cameras and associated accessories, spotting scopes, binoculars, and ophthalmic lenses.
When people decide to go for a semi-professional camera or a professional camera, they certainly have Nikon in their list of shortlisted brands.
How Does Nikon Fair As A Camera Brand?
Nikon has more than a hundred years of history under its belt. This company was founded in 1917. The name became popular among the common people only after the company launched its digital cameras.
Today, however, the Nikon is listed as one of the top three camera brands in India. Its presence in India is growing stronger every year posing a heavy competition to the other global brands in the industry.
The brand tries to set itself apart from the rest of the competition on several accounts.
- Available in various price ranges to meet the needs of a diverse range of customers.
- All the lenses are compatible even with the older Nikon cameras
- Good range of lenses to meet diverse shooting requirements
- Well thought out features
- Simplified user interface for entry-level users
- Feels compact in the hand
- Well-designed in terms of camera control accessibility
- Crisp picture quality
- These cameras come with reliable batteries with long battery life essential for professional photography as well as entry-level photography
- Works well even in low lighting conditions
- Cameras available for beginners as well as for professional photographers
- New features continually added to the latest cameras
- Very good service network in India
Nikon as one of the oldest brands in the optical instruments industry has come a long way in impressing its global customers and in particular the Indian market.
The company has managed to set itself apart in the industry through its quality. Today, the Nikon camera is a prestige symbol among the photographers. The brand’s USP clearly revolves around quality.
Even when the sales of cameras slumped with the advent of mobile cameras, Nikon managed to enjoy decent sales. It is because the company continued to innovate and offer new features, which only a digital camera could offer.
Moreover, Nikon also continued to rework on its pricing making its USP stand out – Excellent Features and Affordable Pricing.
Nikon continues to be a leading camera brand in India. In order to woo more customers from entry-level users and mid-range users, the brand has to make even more aggressive efforts.
The competition level is high and adaptive strategies are essential for Nikon to penetrate the entry-level market.
If you want to move from your smartphone camera to the real deal and want to enjoy the feel of using a good camera, then Nikon cameras will certainly offer you the best experience.