Best Ropes Toys
Dogs are very playful animals who love to play games as a pass time. Thus, Pet Toys such as chew bones, plush toys, frisbee, balls etc. are very important pet essentials to provide your canine friend with. Dogs are like children that have their favorites when it comes to toys.
So what is a rope toy? A rope is a string of cotton fiber or any other non-toxic and safe material coiled together to form a rope. It is a form of a chew toy which keeps your dog’s mind diverted for hours while preventing boredom. There are different types of rope toys to choose from.
This article provides insight regarding the types of ropes and the importance of ropes. The comprehensive buyer’s guide lists the features and factors to be considered before purchasing a rope toy for your loyal companion. This is followed by the detailed review of our top eight ropes along with the links to buy them on Amazon. You can also find the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this article.
Top 10 Ropes
Best Tug-of-War Rope Toy
Best Ball Rope Toy
Best Teething Rope Toy
Best Chewing and Tugging Ball Rope Toy
Best Chew Rope
The Durable Double Use Rope Toy
Best small size breeds
Importance of Rope Toys
A rope toy is one of the best tools that help you have a fun interactive session with your dog. They are soft and flexible woven or twisted cotton ropes that can keep your dog entertained for hours even when you are not away. It reduces separation anxiety which makes your dog do just fine without you for a couple of hours.
Dog Rope toys are designed to include balls or bones attached to the end of it which makes it more of an attractive and fun toy for your canine friend. These are durable which allows your dog to keep it as a priced possession. Moreover, it keeps your dog and his/her mind active while chewing or playing with it.
It allows you to develop a strong bond with your loyal companion as it is portable and can be taken to a park to have a fun game of tug of war with the long knotted ropes. The ropes are comfortable to chew on which in turn helps cleaning your pet’s teeth. It also helps in correcting his/her chewing behavior while also preventing your dog from biting people.
This is the perfect toy to get for your dog. It is has a fun and colorful design that makes it even more appealing. Every dog should be gifted with this great product. The next section will help you purchase the ideal rope toy for your canine friend.
Types of Ropes
Chew Bone Ropes
These ropes are designed especially to chew and to play. They are made using cotton or any other environmentally friendly material that allows your dog to chew on it conveniently for hours. It is very useful for cleaning teeth, decreasing separation anxiety and promotes a proper chewing behavior for dogs that love to chew.
This is designed to include a rope which comes with a ball in the end which is also made of similar cotton material. This allows your dog to chew on it for hours and strengthens the bond between you both. It is similar to a chew rope the only difference is that it is shaped like a ball.
The ropes are twisted to be shaped like a ball. This allows your dog always to have an active mind since it will constantly be trying to figure out a way to open up the ball.
This is a rope made of coiled cotton or any other soft non-toxic fiber. However, it consists of knots tied in between. You can find such pet toys online easily and are perfect for playing fetch or tug of war with your dog on a playful day at the park.
It helps you strengthen the bond between you and your pet. The number of knots can range anywhere between 2-5. These ropes are also referred to as tug of war style ropes because the knots on the rope allow you and your dog to get a firm grip while pulling from both ends.
Buyer’s Guide For Rope Toys
There are different types of rope toys available in the market. The main types are knotted ropes,ball ropes and Chew bone ropes. All of these ropes are meant for interactive play and chewing purposes. However, if you are looking for a rope that will allow you to play a game of tug-of-war with your pooch go for a knotted rope. The extra knots increases the duration of the playtime.
You can also go for a ball rope that allows tugging, chewing as well as tossing. This keeps your dog active for hours figuring ways to open up the ball. On the other hand, chew bone ropes are designed mainly for the purpose of chewing and playing fetch with your dog. Certain ropes are also shaped in a way that might resemble a giraffe or carrot.
Safety of your dog should be your number one priority. Thus, ensure that the rope you buy is environment-friendly and safe to play or chew on. For this, it is important to make sure that the rope is free of any toxic plastic or rubber material that is harmful to your dog. Moreover, it should be soft that enables your dog to chew on it comfortably without hurting its gum or teeth.
The rope toy you buy should be soft and durable which allows your dog to chew on it for hours even in your absence. This helps in redirecting bad biting behavior and promotes proper chewing behavior so that you can prevent unwanted chewing of your valuable things at home. Chewing also helps in keeping your dog’s mind active while he/she releases frustration.
This also helps your dog against separation anxiety. A chew-able rope ensures that you can keep your dog alone at home for hours and still return to a neat and tidy place. It also satisfies his/her instinctual needs.
The features of a product are what defines it. This is the reason why you should check the features of the rope before you make a purchase. Go through the following features before making a choice:
The size of the rope is an important feature. Always check the length of the rope before buying it. If you plan on playing tug-of-war with your dog go for a rope with a long length of 21-22 inches. A longer and light-weight rope is more beneficial.
For a rope that comes with a ball be sure to know its diameter. If you have a small breed dog go for a smaller diameter which will allow your dog to chew or catch it much more conveniently.
The material of the rope is another feature which matters a lot. Ensure that the rope you buy is made using 100% natural made cotton fiber that is twisted and weaved together. It should be free from toxic plastic or rubber materials which make it safe for your dog to chew on. The cotton fabric makes the rope much more sturdy and soft that ensures keeping the teeth clean while massaging the gums.
The cotton material ropes are much more sturdy and strong. The cotton fiber should be twisted tightly and weaved in so that it does not get frayed easily. Ensure that the rope is made of good quality materials and can withstand the sharpest teeth.
1. Foodie Puppies Cotton Durable Dog Chew Rope Toy – Our Choice
The Foodie Puppies Rope Toy for dog is the number one choice when it comes to a chew toy. It has a fun, colorful design with the ideal shape that allows your dog to chew, toss and play with it for hours even in your absence. It burns the excess energy of your canine friend which in turn gives you a clean and tidy home.
It is one of the safest and most durable rope since it is made with 100% cotton fiber with no toxic plastic and rubber material. Moreover, chewing on this toy ensures clean teeth, massage of the gums and better chewing behavior. This is a must have for every dog!
- This rope toy is made using 100% cotton fabric.
- The shape of the toy makes it perfect to chew, toss and play.
- It has a fun and colorful design.
- It has two knots one on each end.
- It is an environment-friendly product that is easily washable.
- The rope toy is safe and durable.
- It helps in strengthening the bond between you and your pet dog.
- Your dog will be busy playing and chewing on this rope toy for hours even in your absence, hence decreasing separation anxiety.
- It does not contain any toxic plastic or rubber parts making it safe to play and chew.
- It helps cleaning teeth and ensures proper chewing behavior.
- A user did not like the color since it varied from that shown in the image.
2. PetSutra 3 Knot Rope Toys – Best Tug-of-War Rope Toy
This Rope toy from PetSutra is a 21-inch long rope toy that comes with 3 knots and a very colorful design that prevents you from losing it. It is a perfect tool to build a strong relationship with your canine companion by playing outdoor games with it such as tug-of-war and fetch.
This product is suitable for all dog breeds. It has a knotted and twisted design that is built using a durable cotton material that makes it sturdy preventing it from getting frayed easily. Chewing on this soft and durable toy helps in cleaning your pet’s teeth and preventing dental diseases.
- It is a 51 cm long triple knotted rope toy.
- Made with tightly twisted and durable cotton yarn.
- The rope has a brightly colored design.
- The strong and light-weight design makes it suitable for all dog breeds from bulldogs, spaniels, labradors, setters and golden retrievers to beagles and Pomeranians.
- It is safe to play with since the cotton fiber used is free from chemicals and plastics.
- It prevents unwanted chewing of things in your house as your dog will be busy with this new toy.
- The knotted and twisted design combined with the cotton material makes it durable as it can withstand the puppy teeth without fraying or ripping.
- The interactive toy helps in bonding and exercising with a game of tug-of-war.
- Chewing on this soft rope toy keeps your dog’s teeth clean and prevents dental diseases.
- The colorful design prevents the rope toy from getting lost.
- As per a user, this rope toy is a bit hard for puppies to chew on.
3. Pets Empire Dog Chew Ball Rope Toy – Best Ball Rope Toy
Pets Empire offers the best accessories for pets. The Pets Empire Ball Rope Toy is the best chew ball rope toy to get for your canine friend. It is safe and practical to use while ensuring that your dog is kept well entertained for hours. This helps your pet in exercising strength and releasing frustration.
It is made using cotton fiber that makes it easy to chew which in turn massages your dog’s gums and helps to keep the teeth clean. This toy also allows tugging that gives you a workout along with your loyal companion.
- This product contains one cotton rope and a cotton ball.
- The length of the rope is 8 inches while the diameter of the ball is 3 inches.
- It is made using natural cotton fiber with no chemicals or plastic making it safe for chewing.
- It has a catchy appearance with a blue and white color making it easy on the eye.
- It is addictive for dogs allowing them to release frustration and exercise strength.
- The rope is hard wearing and strong enough to withstand the sharpest of teeth.
- Easy to use and can be washed easily using a machine.
- It is the perfect soft chew toy that massages your dog’s gums and keeps the teeth clean.
- According to a user, the ball loosened quite easily.
4. Pets Empire Interactive and Chewing Cotton Rope Toys – Best Teething Rope Toy
The Pets Empire Interactive and Chewing Rope Toy are made using 100% cotton fiber that is made into solid knots and flexible weaves to resemble a giraffe. The vibrant yellow color makes it more appealing and attractive to your dog which in turn keeps him/her busy for hours even in your absence.
This easy and safe to use rope toy is suitable for small and medium breed dogs. They are especially useful for young dogs that are teething as its design helps in massaging the gums while chewing.
- This rope toy is designed and shaped to resemble a giraffe.
- It comes with a length of 13.7-inches and a width of 7.03-inch.
- The toy comes in a vibrant and attractive yellow color.
- It is made with 100% cotton fiber that is knotted and weaved.
- It uses a non-toxic dye.
- This is the best chew rope toy to gift puppies and small to medium breed dogs.
- It is safe to use and easy to clean by washing in the machine.
- The flexible weaves and solid knots of the rope massage your dog’s gums while cleaning the teeth in every chew.
- Helps in redirecting bad biting behavior and promotes proper chewing behavior.
- It relieves anxiety and also fulfills physiological needs such as exercising and developing the jaw.
- It helps in teething for younger dogs.
- It is not suitable for violent and large dogs.
5. PetSutra Dog Rope Toy – Best Chewing and Tugging Ball Rope Toy
The PetSutra Dog Ball Rope is the best toy for tugging, chewing as well as self-play. It is safe to play with because it is free from non-toxic materials. This toy helps your dog in exercising and being entertained for hours. It allows you to enjoy each others company by tugging and also playing fetch. You can leave your furry friend at home alone with this rope toy to return to a neat and tidy home.
- It is heavy duty and 100% safe pet rope and ball combo.
- Made using natural cotton fiber that is highly twisted designed for daily play.
- The length of the rope is 38 cm while the diameter is 9 cm.
- It is suitable for all dog breeds.
- Safe to use as it is free of chemicals and plastics.
- The rope is brightly colored and easy to find.
- It is the perfect toy for tug-of-war, chewing, and self-play.
- The rope is durable and will not fray easily.
- The knotting of rope helps in flossing gums while keeping teeth clean.
- It is a fun toy that helps you and your dog workout together.
- It prevents unnecessary chewing and destruction of valuable things at home.
- Ensures stimulation, exercise, and entertainment for the whole family.
- Few of the users have stated that nylon threads were included in the rope, making it less durable.
6. Petlicious & More Multicolor Cotton Rope Toy– Best Chew Rope
The Petilicious and More Rope toy is a multi-colored chew toy that is ideal for all large breed dogs because of its long length and sturdy build. The rope is designed especially to chew so that your dog is kept busy and active even in your absence. It prevents him/her from feeling sad or lonely.
This product is also beneficial for teething puppies as the soft cotton fiber helps in massaging the gums. It also prevents biting and improves chewing behavior. This also helps in training sessions.
- It is made using 100% cotton fiber that is twisted tightly to form a rope.
- The length of the rope is 22 inches.
- Can be washed easily in a machine.
- It has a fun colorful design making it more appealing.
- Ideal for Maxi, Large and giant breed dogs.
- It is designed for chewing, tossing and interactive play.
- An environmental friendly product that is free from toxic materials.
- It is safe to chew and play.
- Prevents separation anxiety when your dog is alone at home.
- Keeps your dog active.
- Chewing of rope ensures massaging of gum and cleaning of the teeth.
- Redirects bad biting behavior and promotes proper chewing behavior.
- It is a bit expensive.
7. Goofy Tails 3 Knot Cotton Rope Dog Toy – The Durable Double Use Rope Toy
The Goofy Tails Rope toy is a fun colorful rope that has 3 knots which helps to increase the playtime of your pooch. You can enjoy a game of tug-of-war with your pet or let him/her enjoy chewing and playing with it alone. It has a dual use which allows interactive play while also maintaining the dental hygiene of your dog. It is safe, durable and comes with a natural rubber key chain.
- It is a cotton rope that comes with a natural rubber key chain.
- Made of good quality materials like non-toxic TPR rubbers and durable cotton.
- It has a fun and colorful design.
- It is shaped like a bone and has 3 knots in it.
- The key chain is made of natural rubber that nontoxic and bites resistant.
- This product is also available in small to large sizes of 2 to 3 knots.
- The rope is non-invasive and non-irritating to sensitive mouths and gums.
- Ideal for interactive play, chewing alone and relaxing anxiety.
- The extra knot helps in increasing the play duration.
- Helps to maintain dental hygiene.
- It is tougher and more durable than other cotton chews.
- No such cons were mentioned.
8. Pets Empire Puppy Chew Toys Carrot Durable Braided Rope – Best small size breeds
Pet Empire company is known for its dedication towards keeping the pets happy. One such product from them is Carrot durable braided rope. This rope toy is for both dogs and cats. Its smaller in size making it best option for smaller breeds or puppies and kittens. With its attractive design and bright colors, your pet is going to love it and all the valuable things at home will be saved .
- Made out of 100% pure cotton, making it a safe option for pets.
- Suitable for small size breeds has the rope size is small.
- Visually appealing design and has bright colors so it attracts the pet.
- Helps with the chewing needs of the pets.
- Smaller in size making it easy to carry.
- Even puppies can use it for their teething problem.
- Helps with tartar collection in teeth and chewing behavior.
- Since it is small in size, larger size pet breeds might tear it apart easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should get ropes?
You should get ropes if you have a dog that loves to chew on things. It is also useful for training your dog to redirect its behaviors. Ropes should also be used for interactive playing between you and your dog. This allows you both to build a stronger bond and also workout together.
2. Why do dogs need to chew?
Chewing is an instinctual urge of a dog. Thus, rope toys help your dog in satisfying their psychological needs. It also prevents your dog from chewing on the valuable things at home. Hence keeping your home neat and tidy. Chewing also helps in teething especially for puppies.
3. What are the dental benefits of ropes?
Ropes are helpful in maintaining your dog’s dental hygiene. Chewing on the rope removes tartar build-up and plaque keeping your dog’s teeth clean. Moreover, it helps to massage your pet’s gums. This makes it very helpful for puppies that are teething.
4. What is the best material for a rope?
The rope should be made without any toxic plastic or rubber material. The best material for a rope is a 100% natural made cotton fiber since it is very safe for your dog to chew on. It is also soft which does not hurt the gums or teeth and also ensures a strong, sturdy and long-lasting build.
5. Why are there knots on the rope?
Knots on a long rope to make it much more suitable for your dog and you to play a game of tug-of-war or fetch. It also increases the duration of playtime of your canine friend. Thus, an extra knot on the rope keeps your dog entertained for a long time while ensuring his/her brain is kept active.
Ropes are great toys for interactive play, self-play, training as well as chewing. They are one of the most useful toys that have several advantages. It is the perfect gift to present your dog with. The fun and colorful design make it a very appealing toy for your canine companion.
We come to the end of the article with the hope that you can make the right purchase after reading this article. The buyer’s guide provides all the necessary factors to consider before purchasing the rope toy for your dog. This is followed by a detailed review of the top seven rope toys available on Amazon.
If you are looking for the perfect chew bone rope toy for your pet- The Foodie Puppies Cotton Durable Dog Chew Rope Toy is a must-have. You can also go for the PetSutra 3 Knot Rope Toy if you wish to bond with your pet dog over a game of tug-of-war.