Best Dog Hair Trimmer
The heartwarming cuteness of your canines sparks your parenting love for them. Their childish innocence compels you to treat them as your babies. Trimming your dogs’ hair is one such way of reciprocating their unconditional love and loyalty for you.
You would enjoy trimming your dogs’ hair by using high-quality hair trimmer. It provides neat and stylish looks for your pet-buddies. The latest dog hair trimmers are equipped with specific blades that ensure perfect hair styling for various types of dog hair.
Ensuring that your pet dog is well looked after and provided with all different types of is your utmost priority as a dog owner.
Like humans, dogs also need to have well maintained physical health and appearance. Thus, grooming your dog is equally as important as grooming yourself.
There are several grooming products available like shampoo, soaps, conditioners,, nail clippers, toothpaste, and hair trimmer.
A trimmer for a dog is similar to the human when it comes to function. Both of these appliances are used to trim the hair to provide a neat appearance. However, you cannot use a human hair trimmer on your dog since your canine friend’s coat is very different from human hair.
Thus, the dog trimmers are designed with specific blade types to be able to get through the different layers of dog hair with ease.
You can read about the different types of blades mentioned along with types of trimmers available, the importance of dog hair trimmer, and how to safely use a dog trimmer. We also provide a comprehensive buyer’s guide and FAQ’s, followed by the detailed review of the top 8 dog hair trimmers along with the links to purchase them on Amazon.
Top 8 Dog Hair Trimmers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
The Best Plug-In Trimmer
Best Rechargeable Trimmer
The Quick Charging Trimmer
The Best Grooming Experience For Your Pet
The Long-Lasting Clipper
Best Electric Clippers Cutter
Best Electric Clippers Cutter
Importance of Dog Hair Trimmers
A dog hair trimmer is an essential pet essential which should be possessed by every dog owner. It is a handy grooming tool that helps you trim your dog’s hair, especially for those with long hair. The trimmer provides your dog with a neat appearance.Moreover, proper grooming reduces the possibilities of fleas and ticks infestation. This keeps your canine friend more comfortable, clean, and happy.
Having a dog hair trimmer at home allows you to trim your dog’s hair on your own. This prevents you from having to spend money to schedule your dog’s grooming session with a professional groomer.
Moreover, these trimmers are explicitly designed for trimming the different layers of a dog’s long hair. The powerful tool thus conveniently allows trimming your pet’s hair as the blades pass through the coat very easily.
Hence, it is always advised to go for a dog trimmer and not a human hair trimmer, unless the dog is a short hair breed.
How to safely use dog trimmer
Start with bathing first. While bathing, play with your pet, as this will keep them calm later during the trimming process.
Brush it out
After bathing, brush or comb out the pet’s coat. If you have a pet with curly or long hair, brushing will set the hair straight, and it will be trimmed easily.
Cut out any mats
Brushing will let you know if your pet has any tangled hair or mats in the coat. Cut them manually with scissors that will allow you to use the trimmer smoothly.
Know the breed
Research the trimming process according to the breed of your dog. It will also give an insight on the technique and which special parts need to be cleaned.
Go slow/Give breaks
Always start slow. Play with your pet before starting the trimming process. Take small breaks in the process.
Clear the eye area
If your pet has long or curly hair, it is necessary to clear the eye area so that they can see without any irritation or objection.
Clear the ear area
Another area that needs to be trimmed is the ear. Make sure to trim the hair near the ear area so that the long hair does not irritate the pet.
Clear any area where things can accumulate
Pets play around all day that may lead to the accumulation of particles in the hair coat. Few of the areas that need to be cleaned and trimmed the hair around the face, chin area, leg hair as well. All these places collect things while playing or eating, making it unhygienic for the pets.
Types of Dog Hair Trimmer
Rechargeable Hair Trimmers
These are also referred to as Cordless dog clippers as they operate on battery such as a lithium battery. These are long-lasting and have to be recharged whenever the battery gets exhausted. However, it can be annoying when the battery gets over in the middle of your dog’s trimming session.
These trimmers are used by amateurs as well as professionals. They can be used anywhere and anytime as long as the battery is full. It allows you to groom your dog in its own space.
Plug-in Hair Trimmer
These trimmers are also referred to as corded dog trimmers as they come with a long cord that has to be plugged in into the electrical socket. They are available in many variations and prices.
Unlike rechargeable trimmers, you don’t have to worry about its charge getting over in the middle of your dog’s trimming session as it works on a constant power source.
However, it cannot be used anywhere since you need a power socket present.
Type of Blades of the hair trimmer
Fine Tooth Blades are also known as Finishing Blades. They usually work best for cutting the hair of small fluffy breeds whose coats are regularly trimmed. It does not work well for matted hair or a thick coat as the fine tooth blade cannot cut through thick layers of hair.
This blade can cut through matted or layered hair. It provides a finished cut to your dog. The blade keeps the layers intact for a neat and tidy appearance. Skip tooth blades are used to cut hair effectively before washing your dog.
These blades are wider than the regular type of blades. It is most commonly used for larger breed dogs for a faster cut. However, they usually don’t fit the standard trimmers, and their size is denoted with a number followed by a W.
Do not buy a product that has too much weight. It would be uncomfortable for the dog as well as you to trim the hair.
A low maintenance dog trimmer is preferable. Buy a product that does not need much maintenance work such as oiling the parts.
Buy a trimmer that does not heat up too fast, or you might have to take a lot of breaks.
Rechargeable or cordless trimmers allow you to trim your dog’s hair at any location of your convenience while a plug-in or cord trimmer requires a wall with a plug point.
If your dog is one who likes spending time in isolation, it is better to go for a rechargeable trimmer as it allows you to groom your dog in its own space.
Moreover, the cord of the trimmer might come in your way, making the trimming process difficult.
The trimmer should have an ergonomic design. The handle should have a rubber covering on the sides. This ensures a comfortable grip, which allows you to trim your canine friend’s coat with ease.
It should also come with easy push switch controls that ensure a smooth operation of the trimmer.
A trimmer with an LCD that notifies you about the charging and usage along with a convenient thumb lever that adjusts the taper and texture without changing the blade are two important features to look for.
The blade material plays a significant role in every hair trimmer. Most blades are made of stainless steel or ceramic infused with titanium, chrome, carbon or silver.
You can choose an Ultra-edge blade, which is a stainless steel blade infused with carbon, it offers a harder cutting surface with a long life.
The Ceramic-edge blade remains sharp for a long time and also prevents heating of the blade which might burn your dog while the Show-Edge blade ensures a smooth finish to your dog’s coat.
The precision motor should ensure low noise below 50 decibels and low vibration. This prevents your dog from getting scared during haircuts.
Moreover, your dog will be able to easily adapt to the sound of the working trimmer, which will overall enhance the grooming experience.
The speed of a hair trimmer is the ease with which the trimmer glides through the coat of your dog in one second. You can choose between a Single Speed Trimmer and a Variable Speed Trimmer.
The single-speed prevents the heating of the blade while the variable speed ensures a finished professional outcome.
If you have a dog with matted hair or a thick undercoat, go for a trimmer that comes with a powerful motor with fast speed. This ensures that the trimmer cuts through the hair easily as well as quickly.
A hair trimmer is something that will be required throughout your dog’s life. So it is important that you go for a durable trimmer to prevent having to keep buying a new one.
The blade should be made of stainless steel or ceramic so that it is rust or wear-resistant. This keeps it sharp for a long time.
1. Surker Hair Trimmer For Pets – The Best Plug-In Trimmer
The Surker Hair Trimmer is one of the best plug-in hair trimmers on this list. It comes with four comb attachments of different sizes and an adjustable stainless steel durable blade that can very easily cut dog hair of varying lengths.
The push switch and ergonomic design of this powerful heavy-duty trimmer ensure comfortable and easy operation. It has a reasonable price for a great quality product.
- It is a powerful heavy-duty corded or plug-in trimmer.
- It comes with four replaceable comb attachments of the following sizes- 3 mm, 6 mm, 10 mm, 13 mm.
- It uses a stainless steel stationary blade.
- The trimmer has a convenient thumb lever that adjusts the taper and texture without changing the blade.
- It has a push-type switch for easy operation.
- The trimmer has an ergonomic design that ensures a firm grip and comfortable use.
- The blade can be adjusted easily, allowing you to cut dog hair of variable length.
- The corded trimmer can be used continuously.
- The stainless steel blade offers wear-resistance making it more durable.
- The blade gets hot very fast.
2. Petology Automatic Pet Hair Trimmer – Best Rechargeable Trimmer
Petology is an online store founded in 2011. It deals with the production of custom grooming products that aim in improving the quality of the lives of pet dogs.
The Petology Pet Hair trimmer is a rechargeable trimmer that comes with a one-set grooming kit to meet all the grooming requirements of your dog. The dog trimmer is our number one choice as it is ideal for use at home as well as in a professional salon.
It is an easy to operate hair trimmer which ensures that your dog gets a neat and tidy appearance after a safe cutting. Moreover, the motor makes low noise and vibration. This prevents your dog from getting scared and running away.
- It is a rechargeable and cordless hair trimmer.
- It can be used for 60-70 minutes on a charge of 5 hours.
- Comes with a good quality titanium blade with a ceramic comb.
- It comes with 5 Degree fine-tuning functions from 0.8 mm to 2 mm.
- The set includes- the white trimmer, two rechargeable lithium batteries, a power adapter, four combs, a cleaning brush, and a user manual.
- The guide combs are detachable and have a 3-6-9-12 mm adjusting.
- The hair-trimmer is user-friendly, easy to operate and safe for you and your pet.
- The powerful motor generates low noise and vibration that does not scare the dog.
- The titanium blade is sharp and durable.
- The lithium-ion battery has no memory effect which allows you to charge half of the battery and use it without any negative effect.
- It ensures that the best neat and tidy hair result after cutting.
- It has a long charging time with very low overall running time.
3. Codos Professional Grooming Cipper – The Quick Charging Trimmer
The Codos Hair Trimmer is a rechargeable trimmer that can be used at home and professional salons. This dog trimmer has a fast charging time of only 2 hours.
The adjustable combs are safe, easy, and comfortable to use. Moreover, this cordless trimmer ensures low noise and vibration that does not scare your dog. It has quick and precise cutting action.
- Codos dog hair trimmer is cordless or rechargeable hair trimmer.
- It has four adjustable trimming modes- 1.0 mm/0.3 mm/1.6 mm/1.9 mm.
- It has two attachment guide combs- thinning-out(3 mm/6 mm/9 mm/12 mm) and skin-friendly contour-following combs.
- It comes with a high-quality stainless steel fixed blade and a ceramic moving blade.
- The trimmer can be used for 2.5 hours after a quick charging time of 2 hours.
- It has an LCD to notify you about the using and charging status.
- It has an adjusting lock key to set the trimming modes.
- The model comes with a charger and a cleaning brush.
- The precision motor ensures low noise and vibration that helps your dog feel at ease so that he/she is not afraid of haircuts.
- The blades are sharp so that it can be used for a long time and they are detachable for easy changing or cleaning.
- It ensures quick and precise cutting that does not hurt your dog.
- The lithium battery comes with over-charge protection.
- The adjustable clipping comb is capable of clipping hair of different lengths.
- The built-in battery ensures exceptional flexibility and maneuverability.
- No negative points found so far.
4. Medicative Electric Pet Hair Trimmer – The Best Grooming Experience For Your Pet
This cordless trimmer from Mediactive ensures a whisper-quiet operation that makes grooming a pleasant and no-stress experience for your dog.
It has an ergonomic design with adjustable titanium blades that can adjust the haircut length accordingly. It is safe and comfortable and ensures a skin-friendly grooming experience.
- It is a cordless and rechargeable hair trimmer.
- The charging time is four hours, which sustains a usage of 60 minutes.
- It comes with an acute-angle blade along with a ceramic movable blade.
- The titanium blade can be adjusted from 0. 8 mm – 2 mm.
- It comes with 3-6-9-12 mm level limiting combs.
- The ergonomic design makes grooming easy for even the hard to reach areas.
- It ensures a safe and comfortable grooming experience.
- The haircut length can be adjusted accordingly with the adjustable titanium blades.
- The battery gets exhausted very quickly.
5. Bonve Pet Hair Clippers Trimmer – Best Design
The Bonve Pet cordless clipper uses 2200 mAh lithium-ion batteries to operate. The clipper comes with titanium and a ceramic blade that allows you to cut the hair of your pet be it a cat or dog of varying length.
This clipper comes with an ergonomic design that ensures a comfortable and easy grip that allows you to trim your pet’s hair conveniently. It is a bit expensive but worth the price.
- It is a cordless or rechargeable hair trimmer.
- It comes with an adjustable ceramic mobile blade ranging from 0.8 mm to 2 mm.
- It has a speed fine-tuning knob for the blade.
- The trimmer set also comes with sharp scissors and durable comb.
- It has a professional copper axis motor.
- The rechargeable batteries are 2200 mAh Li-ion batteries.
- The gentle push switch makes the mode of operation very easy.
- The ergonomic design ensures an easy and comfortable grip.
- The motor causes low vibration and noise below 50 db.
- It can be used for dogs and cats with both long or short hair.
- The product is quite expensive.
6. Codos Rechargeable Trimmer– The Long-Lasting Clipper
The Codos Grooming Clipper is a rechargeable trimmer that can charge up in 1.5 hours and work continuously for 120 minutes. The trimmer comes with a fixed stainless steel blade and ceramic moving blades that can be removed to ensure smooth cleaning.
Moreover, these blades remain sharp for a long period while ensuring an excellent cutting performance for your dog.
- It is a cordless or rechargeable hair trimmer.
- The charging time is 1.5 hours.
- It can work continuously for 120 minutes on a single charge.
- The LED display notifies you about the use and charging.
- The trimmer comes with a stainless steel fixed blade and ceramic moving blade.
- The kit comprises of the trimmer, charger, a three mm/6 mm Comb, nine mm/12 mm Comb, a cleaning brush, and a Lecythus.
- They come with two built-in batteries of type: NI-CD 1.2 V 600 mAh.
- The blades are detachable, making it easier to remove and clean.
- It makes very little noise preventing your dog from getting scared.
- The blades remain sharp for a long time and ensure an excellent cutting performance.
- The anti-rubber grips on both sides help you to grip it easily while cutting the hair of your dog.
- The cutting mechanism could be better.
7. Aysis Professional Pet Hair Trimmer
Aysis pet hair trimmer is a professional and automatic rechargeable hair trimmer that delivers a quiet and comfortable trimming experience for your canines. It comes with a powerful motor that delivers smooth and quiet trimming with effective noise reduction up to 50dB.
This pet hair trimmer ensures that your pet remains calm and doesn’t get startled while trimming. It features a unique blade design that provides safety for your pets against any accidental hurting.
It features an anti-slip and comfortable handle that reduces wrist fatigue during a long trimming period. Its slim and lightweight design fits comfortably in your hands. Its anti-slip housing provides a secure grip for efficient trimming.
- It is a comprehensive hair trimming set that includes a 5-level adjustable blade length and 4 attachment combs.
- It comes with a stainless steel comb that smoothens the long and thick hair of your pet.
- It features stainless steel scissors that can be used for imparting tidy looks after clipping or cutting long and thick hair before clipping.
- This trimming set features left oblique and right oblique attachment and detachable combs in the range of 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm.
- It offers cordless operations after charging so that you can use your hands freely without worrying about any pesky cable.
- It comes with 6 comb guides and adjustable blades that are designed for suiting the breed and styles of various dogs with long and thick hair like Havana, German Shepherds, etc.
- This pet hair trimmer has a professional anti-wear copper-axis motor and a titanium blade that is combined with a movable ceramic blade for providing efficient and smooth trimming
- It features 5-speed fine-tuning knob for the blade from 0.8 mm to 2 mm that provides neat, professional, and perfectly trimmed hairstyles
- It has a gentle push switch that offers effortless maneuvering. It comes with a charging indicator light that indicates the status of charging.
- It features high-performance, environmental-friendly, and rechargeable batteries that provide 70 minutes of operation time on a full charge. These batteries take 3-4 hours for charging completely.
- It provides ultra-quiet trimming with noise levels less than 50dB. This ensures easier grooming as pets won’t get scared or annoyed with the sounds.
- It comes with a detachable and cleanable blade that is easy to install and remove.
- It is suitable for all types of dog breeds with various types of hair including long, thick, fine, curly, matted, and short hair without any pulls.
- It provides exceptional cutting and trimming performance with flexibility for grooming all pets.
- It features a titanium acute-angle blade that combines with a ceramic movable blade for safe and smooth trimming of the fur without any snags. This ensures smooth and convenient clipping of the hair even in case of thick furs.
- The batteries drain out pretty quickly.
8. COROID Professional Rechargeable Pet Hair Trimmer
Coroid pet hair trimmer is a durable and automatic rechargeable hair trimmer that is designed for providing professional-grade and comfortable trimming for your pets.
It comes with an advanced 2-speed switch including a low-high speed design for supporting heavy grinding. It reduces the risk of hurting the pets or clipping the laws too short.
It features a powerful motor that produces less noise up to 50dB for noise-free trimming or grinding. It also produces fewer vibrations so that your pets won’t get scared. This pet nail grinder has 3 ports that are suitable for clipping nails of different sizes.
- It is a robust hair trimming set that comprises 4 attachment combs.
- It comes with sharp and high-quality titanium blades along with a ceramic comb.
- It features high-performance rechargeable batteries that take 5 hours for complete charging and provide 60-70 minutes of trimming or grinding operation.
- It comes with a cordless design that makes it easy to use in different angles around your pet’s body.
- It features user-friendly, adjustable, and detachable combs in the range of 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm.
- It has 5 degrees fine-tuning knob for blade functions that range from 0.8 mm to 2 mm for ensuring perfectly trimmed and neat hair cutting or nail clipping.
- It comes with an anti-wear copper axis motor that provides heavy-duty and efficient trimming.
- You can check the status of charging with its charging indicator light.
- It features a gentle push switch for convenient On/Off functionality. When you press the power button for long, it switches on/Off the trimmer.
- The speed of the trimmer can be adjusted using the short press where the blue light indicates high speed and the green light indicates low speed.
- It provides quieter trimming operations with noise levels < 50dB. Moreover, it produces fewer vibrations so that pets don’t get annoyed or scared away.
- It comes with easy-to-clean and removable blades that provides easy installation and removal as and when required.
- It can be used for various types of dog hair including long, short, matted, thick, fine, curly hair, etc.
- No negative points were observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between dog clippers and human trimmers?
There is only a slight difference between dog clippers and human clippers, though both of them serve for the same purpose. The razor and blades used in human trimmers cut only short surface hair.
The blades are arranged closer in human clippers which will jam the tool if used on pets as they have thick surface hair. Dog clippers are made up of heavy metals and are designed to remove thick hair surface.
2. How can I groom my dog?
One should follow these methods to groom their pets while grooming, making them less uncomfortable.
- Gather all your grooming materials together. Comb your dog first with a comb.
- Praise your dogs while you are combing them.
- Give the dogs proper breaks while grooming, which makes them feel comfortable.
- Trim the hair using the clippers if you wish to.
- Clear the dog’s eyes and clean the dog’s ears.
3. How often should dogs get groomed?
It depends mostly on the breed of your pet, length of the hair, and coat type. Ideally, it is good to groom your pets once a month.
As a dog owner, it’s your responsibility to take care of their grooming and you can do so effortlessly with a hair trimmer. It is an excellent hair grooming tool that assists in maintaining dogs’ hygiene and appearance, with minimal efforts and enhanced efficiency.
These dog hair trimmers have various types of blades such as fine-tooth blades, skip-tooth blades, wide blades, etc. A well-designed dog hair trimmer not only saves your time but also keeps your dogs delighted.
If you are looking for a rechargeable trimmer go for our number one choice- Petology Automatic Rechargeable Pet Hair Trimmer. On the other hand, The Surker Hair Trimmer For Pets is the ideal choice if you are looking for a Plug-in hair trimmer. We hope this article helps!