Best Pet Toys In India – Product reviews and Types
Pets are arguably your best buddies. Like your babies, they too need toys for recreational activities. Playing with your pets using the pet toys deepens your bonding with them and serves to meet their emotional nourishment.
The interactive pet toys help them to kill boredom and fight anxiety when you are away. Like humans, your pets also need emotional comfort when they feel nervous. These toys help your pets to deal with their nervousness.
Most pet toys are designed to satisfy their urge to chew. These help the pets to channelize their excess energy by way of physical exercises and stay fit. Playing with toys makes your pets happy and keeps them engaged in fun and entertainment for hours.
Top 9 Pet Toys In India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Corn grain squeaky
Best Chew Toy for Puppy
Ideal cat toy
How toys help your pets
Your pet may feel lonely when you’re away from home. Toys come to their rescue by providing great companionship to them. We have seen various types of toys available in the market; every toy has its feature.
- Chewable toys aids in improving your pet’s oral health by strengthening teeth and gums. Also, it builds up good jaws.
- Puzzle toys help to develop the intelligence of your pets.
- Training toys help in improving patience, thinking capability, etc.
- Toys also help in relaxing stress and anxiety. While playing outdoor, your pet improves their muscular strength.
- Apart from providing good exercise toys also help in providing fun and entertainment.
Benefits of providing a toy to your pet
- By providing a toy to your pet, it helps them to stay active by eliminating boredom
- Also, toys provide them with good physical and mental exercise
- It creates good bonding between the owner and the pet
- Some of the toys make your pet’s teeth stronger, making it a part of their dental care.
- Toys also improve the confidence of your pet
- It helps them to improve thinking ability
Safety tips for pet toys
- Always opt for a non-toxic toy.
- If you provide your pet, a rope toy, then keep an eye on them, ensuring that they do not swallow or tear the toy
- Never provide destructible toys
- Toys with bells and squeak are easy to swallow. So, never leave them unattended with such kind of toys
- A stuffed toy can cause more harm if it is torn apart. Avoid toys that are stuffed with beads
- Always provide your pet with a toy as per their age
- Toys must be made from durable material
Types of pet toys
Any toy that keeps your pet occupied comes under this category. A simple ball is also an active toy. Your pet must use his or her energy to play with the toy.
Chewable ropes are also considered active toys. Active toys help in avoiding boredom and making your pet occupied by using physical energy.
Distraction toys are used to distract your pet from chewing your furniture, shoes, curtains etc. They make them occupied both mentally and physically.
Toys like treat toys, squeaky toys helps greatly in distracting your pets from chewing or destroying things. Also, they help to keep your pet busy from not disturbing you. Moreover, distraction toys can also keep your pets occupied even when they are alone.
Generally, a toy with plush stuffing or a toy made with fabric is considered as comfort toys. They do not cause any harm to your pet. These kinds of toys are soft and provide great comfort to them while playing.
Moreover, these toys also used as nap-toys. Some pets also feel sleepy with such toys. Comfort toys may also act as a small pillow for your pet.
Interactive toys aids in mental stimulation by preventing boredom. They help your pet to know their skills and thinking capacity. Interactive toys also help to establish an excellent bond between the owner and the pet.
A tug-of-war rope toy is a great interactive toy. Also, few puzzle toys come under this category.
Toys that are made from harmless materials, durable yet chewable, fall under the chewable toy category. These toys aid in reducing the pain when your pet lose their baby teeth and get permanent teeth.
Also, a chewable toy provides great gum exercise and teeth exercise.
Few chewable toys also remove plaque and tartar by killing bacteria inside the mouth. Moreover, chewable toys are strong, and they also sometimes provide good dental care. However, they must be often cleaned.
Training toys aids in improving skills, improves patience, thinking capability, and stables emotion control. They are used only for training your pets or for new pets — toys like discs, ball, tunnel toy and much more.
Training toy helps in knowing what to chew and what not to chew. Moreover, training toys also help develop interaction between a pet and owner and help establish a great bond.
Stimulating toys are also considered self-amusement toys. They are made of highly durable quality. Stimulating toys can also be used even when the toy is alone.
Your pet gets easily attracted to these kinds of toys. Your cat easily gets attracted to a toy with catnip on it, for example, a catnip scratch post.
Wand toys must be used only for pets that do not get irritated while wanding. Generally, a wand toy is helpful for cats. It improves the hunting skills and allows the cat to jump from one end to the end by making muscular strong.
Wand toys usually consist of a wand, a string attached to feather or feathers. They also help in developing a good bond between the owner and a pet.
Puzzle toys are used to develop the intelligence of your pet. There are different levels of puzzle toys. Consider choosing as per your pet’s intelligence.
Usually, they improve great thinking capacity. Puzzle toys are also known as treat dispersion toys or enrichment toys. Your pet will find a treat while playing with this puzzle toy.
Puzzle toys also bring great excitement to your pet, and they look forward to finding out the treat.
As the name suggests, these are made at your home at your convenience. A homemade toy can be made from any material like cotton cloth, cardboard, or simply a container with a lid.
The only point to be noted is they must be safe, non-tearable. Their main purpose is to provide your pet with fun and entertainment.
Buying Guide For Pet Toys In India
One will look after several things while buying a pet toy. Here, we have given a few important points to be considered before buying a pet toy. However, toys that are harmless and safe to use must be chosen for your pet.
Ease of Cleaning
You wouldn’t want dirty toys to lie around your home. Hence, the pet toys you purchase should be easy to clean. They should be washed by rinsing with water and soap for your convenience.
This maintains the hygiene of your home and ensures the health of your family.
Ensure that the toy you buy for your pet is suitable for him or her to play with. A puppy or a small breed dog will find it inconvenient to play with a huge toy. Hence, when purchasing a toy, it is essential to check its size.
It must be given the top priority while buying the toy. Always consider lab-certified pet toys as they are harmless and safe to use. Toys that have stuffings of small metal balls are not considered a safe toy to offer a pet.
Toys that are considered not so safe or have harmful chemicals in the preparation must be avoided strictly.
Size and shape
It is an important point to be considered while buying the toys for your pets. Size and shape of the toy must not harm your pet. Also, the size must not be small such that it fits in the mouth easily and cause harm.
While coming to the shape, it should be convenient for your pets to hold it properly, and it should not contain hard spikes.
Your pet toys must be made from high-quality material such that it lasts for a long period. Chewable toys are designed to withstand aggressive chewers.
Toys made from cotton must be of high-quality material used to ensure that they are not torn apart easily.
Now many toys are available in the market that provides squeak sound. Ensure that sound of the toy does not irritate your toy and stop them from playing with it.
The echo-sounder must also not be located in a place where your pet can find it easily and swallow them accidentally.
Moreover, few pets became arrogant with such squeak sounds. Stop to provide that kind of toy to your pet if they are allergic.
It is not always that all pet toys are made from safe and chemical-free materials. Cross-check for a toy that has no harming materials used in the preparation of the toy.
Toys made from materials like harmless plastic, high-quality plastic, healthy fibre are safe to use.
Also, ensure the toys if an aggressive pet chews it hard or tries to destroy them, then it should not get damaged easily.
Providing your pet with a toy used only for playing purpose is not only the criteria you are looking for. You need a toy that improves skills in your pets while providing fun and entertainment.
Hence, any creative toy that improves your pet’s skills is a good sign for both pet and owner. Choosing creative toys like puzzle toys, treat toys, tunnel toys will develop your pet thinking capacity and skills.
Any toxic toy is harmful to your pet. Many pet toys state that they are toxic-free but still may cause directly or indirectly harm to your pet.
Nontoxic toys will have certification or any seal mentioning ‘nontoxic toy’. If you are using any pet toy and have no clue whether it is toxic or not in such cases, look if your pet shows any signs of toxicity.
1. Super Dog Spiked Rubber Dog Ball
The Spiked rubber ball is the product of Lal pet products. The company was established in the year 1982. Their products include grooming products, toys, eatables, beds & apparels, accessories and much more.
Super Dog spiked ball is an excellent bouncing back ball with soft and harmless spikes. Also, the ball has a light and glows when it hits a hard surface. Moreover, the spike ball is safe to chew as it is made from the hard rubber.
- The ball is suitable for all kinds of breeds
- It is made of untearable hard rubber
- Also, it is a longlasting product
- Ball surface comes with soft, harmless spikes
- Also, the spikes help to massage gums, teeth. If ever the dog chews the ball
- Quality of the ball is good
- It bounces well
- Light of the ball is not irritating
- It is hard to tear for puppies
- Keep this ball away from hard-bitters and aggressive dogs
2. Pet Needs Durable Knotted Small Puppy Toys
Pet Needs is a leading pet toys brand that manufactures and supplies a wide range of pet toys, including chewable toys of puppies. These chewable toys are designed to provide good oral stimulation, strengthen the biting force, and teeth cleaning for your pets.
It is an excellent combo of pet toys by Pet Needs that includes 3 durable knotted small puppy toys suitable for chewing, biting, and teeth cleaning activities for pets.
- These pet toys are prepared from soft, durable, and 100% safe cotton material
- Your pets can safely play with these toys as these are made up of non-toxic cotton that cannot obstruct the intestinal tract if accidentally ingested
- These toys release separation anxiety among your pets by killing their boredom and loneliness when you are not around
- As these toys keep your puppies engaged, these help in preventing harm to your home furnishings and other facilities
- These toys are ideally suitable for cleaning and protecting the teeth of the puppies
- These toys reduce plaque build-up, prevent gum disease, and clean massage gums/teeth for ensuring clean and healthy teeth in puppies
- These toys work great in keeping your small puppies entertained and occupied
- These are not recommended for dogs that possess adult teeth. The manageable size makes these toys ideal for only small and mini breeds to chew
- The package comprises only 3 multi-coloured and woven toys
- You can enjoy the ideal playing time with your pets using these toys
- These toys keep your puppy happy by providing him with lots of chewing, biting, and playing time
- These toys serve as the best gift item for your small puppies.
- Large dogs can easily tear it apart
3. The Dogs Company Natural Rubber Dog Bone Chew Toy
Dogs company is a renowned pet products company committed to providing reliable products for pets that help them lead a happier, longer, and healthier life. Its interactive rubber toys provide great comfort for pets when the owner is not nearby.
The natural rubber dog bone is a chew toy by the Pets Company that helps fight anxiety and boredom. It improves the mental health and playfulness of the dogs while boosting their natural instinct for showing exemplary behaviour.
- It is a safe and non-toxic rubber chew toy for dogs that is prepared using hard natural rubber. This makes it a 100% safe toy for your pets
- It is a durable and long-lasting chew toy that is designed to entertain your dogs for hours
- It is crafted from hands by twining high-quality cotton & polyester threads. It involves robust knotting for providing enhanced strength, durability, and protection
- It features spikes or soft grooves on the surface that provides robust dental cleaning by massaging the gums, controlling the plaque and tartar build-up, and cleaning the gums
- This rubber toy provides you great opportunity to enjoy awesome entertainment and fun-filled time together with your dogs
- This chew toy is ideally suitable for both outdoor as well as indoor playing and training
- This toy works great in satisfying the instinctual chewing requirements of dogs
- It is an ideal chew toy for strengthening the bonding between owner and dogs
- This chew toy helps in reducing anxiety in your dogs and prevents them from chewing on your personal belongings, furniture, and other facilities
- It keeps your dogs busy for hours by satisfying their natural urge to chew when you are not around
- It is ideally suitable for small and medium-sized dog breeds only
- It is an environment-friendly, safe, and bite-resistant toy that does not lose colour easily
- It is a perfect toy for dogs for engaging them in exuberant play and vigorous exercises
- Playing with this toy allows your dogs to release their excess energy, and this helps in preventing destruction to your shoes, furniture, and household items
- These toys work best for aggressive chewers as it assists in deterring bad chewing behaviour
- It is a versatile rubber chew toy for dogs that can be used for playing tug of war, training, fetching, and enjoying general fun activities
- It features thick and tight knots for satisfying the natural urge of dogs to chew
- It is an indestructible toy that serves as an ideal alternative to the squeaky or plush toys that get easily damaged within a few minutes.
- This toy smells of rubber
4. Nina Ottosson Outward Hound Dog Puzzle
Nina Ottosson is an age-old toy company. They design the toys most innovatively. Also, their toys ensure to provide good physical and mental strength.
Moreover, they prevent boredom and provide fun entertainment. Their products include puzzle toys, interactive toys, and games of wood.
The level 2 dog puzzle toy is the product of Nina Ottosson. The puzzle toy helps in improving mental stability, developing problem-solving skills. Also, on solving this toy, it helps in finding out the treat.
- The puzzle toy has seven treat compartments and fourteen moving pieces, which help in finding out the treat
- It is a Level 2 game and ideal for teaching problem-solving skills to your dog
- Apart from learning, feeding will be interactive and fun-filled
- Moreover, the puzzle toy is easy to clean. Simply rinse with soapy water and clean water
- Also, your pet gets stimulated mentally
- This puzzle toy is ideal if your dog enjoys treat-games
- Well-designed and sturdy product
- Ideal for distracting your dogs
- Durable puzzle toy
- Adult dogs will find it too easy to solve
5. Petlicious & More Dog Squeaky Rugby Ball Toy
Dog Squeaky Rugby Ball Toy is the product of Petlicious & More. Petlicious & More is an Indian company with pet food & accessories, boarding facility, pet adoption & fostering, Puppy Sale & Purchase categories.
Their products are designed in an innovative way to match your pet’s requirements. It includes a rugby ball, dog chew hard interactive bone, leather dog leash and much more.
The dog squeaky rugby ball has the surface with corn grain and an echo-sounder inside the ball. Also, the ball surface has good elasticity and is soft.
- The product claims that it comes with a collar tag
- Though the rugby ball looks hard, it is not hard and is made from a soft material which is unbreakable or untearable
- It is made from a flexible material which has good elasticity
- Your pet gets attracted to the toy and reduces boredom
- The ball has inbuilt echo sounder which sends out squeak on pressing the ball or chewing the ball hard
- Latex material is used in making the ball which has good bite-resistance capability
- The corn grain design aids in cleaning the teeth perfectly
- Your pet stops chewing due to echo-sounder
- The ball is comfortable to play
- The quality of the toy is durable
- The quality of the whistle can be improved
- The size of the ball is quite small
6. Pet Needs Rubber Chew Toys
This is a combo of 5 chew toys made using durable, non-toxic rubber. They are suitable for puppies, small and mini breeds. The cute and multi-coloured toys enable a fun-filled interactive play.
Moreover, they are safe for your little friend to play with and are easy to clean.
- It is a combo of 5 chew toys
- The toys are made using non-toxic rubber
- Suitable for puppies, mini and small breed dogs
- Multi-coloured toys keep your puppy engaged
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Cute design easily draws your puppy’s attention
- It is safe and durable
- Allows interactive play
- Not suitable for adult dogs
7. Cat Scratching Board Pad Toy
Cat scratching board toy is from The DDS store. The curved, wavy board helps your cat to play, relaxing. The board is well-designed and convenient to use.
Cats like the scratching boards or posts, as they usually have scratching curtains, furniture, and toys. This scratching board will save you from the cat’s usual scratching habit.
- The toy satisfies usual cat scratching habit
- Scratchboard is made of durable corrugated paper
- The unique wavy design allows the cats to scratch instead of tearing it easily
- Also, your kittens can stretch and play on it
- The scratch toy comes with catnip to attract the cats easily
- Keeps your cat busy
- Cat gets attracted easily to the provided catnip
- Simple and well-designed
- It is easy to clean and convenient to use
- It will not last long if your cat is a hard scratcher
8. Foodie Puppies Wooden Dumbbell Training Toy for Dog
Foodie Puppies improve pet lives by them with health and well-being products. They provide quality and excellent products. All their products have good user ratings. They include cotton ropes, chains, steel bowls, puzzles and much more.
The wooden dumbbell is harmless and made from softwood, and ideal for training the pets who are recovering. Also, these dumbbells are not glued and can withstand all kinds of tossings.
- The toy is made from solid wood
- Ideal for keeping your puppies active and energetic
- This wooden dumbbell is not glued
- It can withstand tossing
- It is safe if your puppy chews the dumbbell
- The toy is durable and harmless
- It can be used to train the puppies after recovery from ill-health
- It is perfectly shaped and sturdy
- The toy is only suitable for puppies and not to be used for dogs
- It is not suitable for aggressive puppies
9. Futurekart Black and Blue Feline Cruiser Pet Folding Tunnel
Feline Cruiser folding tunnel is the product of Futurekart. They are committed to providing standard customer service. Their category of products includes baby, pet, decoration, etc.
The folding tunnel is ideal for both cats and dogs. It keeps them engaged with the fun-filled activity. The material used is safe to use and is a cloth made. So, easily washable. Moreover, it is portable, so it does not occupy space much.
- The toy is designed for both cats and dogs
- It is used for training your pet
- The folding tunnel is made from cloth with a black bottom and has a blue edge that highlights the tunnel
- All aged cats can use this toy
- It has three ways and creates a fun space to play
- The tunnel can be collapsed with the support of the existing spring coil when not in use
- If you have multiple pets at your home, the folding tunnel provides them with great excitement. They can hide, play, and also rest
- Easy cleaning and washing
- Your pet will be occupied using the toy
- The folding tunnel is easy to carry and hence can also be used while travelling
- Adult dogs or larger breed dogs cannot use this toy
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is an interactive pet toy worth it?
Interactive toys help in stimulating your pet’s mind while ensuring a fun-filled playtime. These toys develop your pet’s skills. They also aid in the establishment of an excellent bond between you and your pet. Hence, an interactive toy like a rope is worth it.
2. What toys can I leave my dog alone with?
Dogs can be left alone with chew toys, squeaky toys, treat toys, and others. A few examples of these types of toys are:
- Petlicious & More Dog Squeaky Rugby Ball Toy
- Cat Scratching Board Pad Toy
- Super Dog Spiked Rubber Dog Ball
3. What things are to be considered before buying a pet toy?
Consider three major points to be considered while buying a pet toy
- Size and shape of the toy must not harm your pet
- It is made from harmless material
- The toy must not break on chewing
4. Does every pet need a toy?
Yes, every pet needs a toy, at least the affordable ones. Toys provide them with fun and entertainment, exercise, stimulation, improve problem-solving skills, hunting skills. Also, toys make them both physically and mentally strong.
5. How to choose a toy for your pet?
It will be a difficult task, yet we simplify here by providing a few points.
The first and foremost point to be checked is, what type of toy your pet loves. Outdoor games or indoor games, based on it, choose a few toys.
If you find your pet intelligent, then choose puzzle toys. If your pet likes to play with sounds, then choose toys like a squeaky ball that provides sound. On top of all, pets only like toys that entertain them and increase their thinking capacity.
7. How to clean the toys?
Unless and until a toy is infused with catnip, the procedure for cleaning the toys is the same.
First of all, take the toy under running water. Then wash them with mild natural detergent or cleaning agent. Finally, wash the toy with lukewarm water.
Pet toys are essential for ensuring the sound mental and physical health of your pets. These toys help them to stay active by running and jumping around. The interactive chew toys are designed to meet their teething and chewing needs perfectly.
The pet toys provide effective means of entertainment for your pet buddies. These serve as emotional partners for your pets to comfort them in times of their loneliness. You can use these toys for training your pets and developing their reflexes.
By giving your pets these toys, you can avoid damage to your cushions, furniture, curtains, or other household things. Gift your pets some high-quality toys and show that you care for them. They will reciprocate your love and feelings in abundance.