Best Gaming Laptops
A robust gaming laptop is engineered for providing the thrilling and immersive experiences of high-octane, realistic, and intensive gaming. It combines the processing power of next-generation processors and dedicated graphics cards for providing fast responses and high-definition visuals.
You no longer require a powerful desktop computer for gaming, as laptops are capable of doing it. This makes the gaming industry far more accessible to a very wide range of gamers.
A highly efficient gaming laptop gives you a competitive edge over others and helps in maximizing your gaming performances. It helps you to boost your gaming skills and provide smooth and efficient control. It supports heavy-duty graphics and provides smooth multitasking.
While going through this article you will come across the types of gaming laptops along with buying guide which will help in further decision making. We have reviewed the top 9 best selling gaming laptops along with their specifications which would help you to make a better choice.
Top 9 Best Selling Gaming Laptops in India
GAMING LAPTOPS BUYERS GUIDE
Before buying any gaming laptop, you should check-up on some factors like:
Gaming laptops are expensive so before buying, identify your needs and the specifications you need. Then look for a laptop that matches those needs in your decided budget. This will help you from overspending.
A warranty will save you from extra expenses in case there are some problems with your laptop in the future.
You should be always plugged in while gaming, to ensure maximum power delivery. However, if you are going to be using the laptop for other purposes like watching movies, shows, working on documents or studying, battery life is something you should look at.
Graphics card is the must have component for any gaming laptop. It delivers better graphics as well as performance.
Integrated Graphics card is likely to be used for the casual gaming experience, which requires less power, whereas with a Dedicated graphics card, it is easy to run games making it far more preferable for gaming users.
- Integrated Graphics Card: They are likely to come with the motherboard and share RAM with CPU, which reduces the total amount of RAM available for processing the actual game. Integrated Graphics card is not suitable for heavy gaming but can run some low-end games.
- Dedicated Graphics Card: A dedicated graphics card has its own independent source of video memory. Nvidia is probably one of the best picks, which can run games in 4K HD as well as on 1080p. It has the ability to run high-definition vivid HD graphics, whether it is videos or heavy high-impact games.
Graphics cards are mainly developed by two companies: AMD and NVidia. Both are quite competent with their cards but AMD come at a cheaper price, while NVidia cards deliver better performance. It is necessary to have a good GPU for graphics intensive games like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption II, Watchdogs, Call of Duty, etc.
Processors are the brains of a laptop/computer, which helps in functioning the whole system, it makes a huge impact when it comes to gaming, as it determines how fast it can deliver the graphics to the screen.
Again, you have two options to choose from: Intel and AMD. While Intel has dominated the chip market for years, AMD is upcoming and catching up fast.
Gaming is mostly dependent on the GPU, but you need a mid to high-end CPU to make sure that it does not bottleneck the GPU performance.
However, if you plan on playing CPU intensive games that require multiple threads (Civilization VI, Cities Skylines or any simulation game), you need to have the best CPU in your gaming arsenal.
The majority of the games require 8GB RAM, for no lagging issues and to have multiple applications running without any stuttering.
If you intend to run top of the line games at the highest graphics, you may want to consider getting 16 GB RAM,
SSD and HDD are the two types of drives you can go for. HDD is the traditional storage option that can be found on all computers. SSD is anew technology that can significantly boost load times for operating systems, but are quite costlier.
A good choice is to go for dual storage: HDD to store all your files and media, and the operating system can be loaded on the SSD for faster start up times. This way, you can have the advantage of having SSD without going way out of your budget.
If you are looking to play a specific game that has a lot of loading screens (like Skyrim or Batman Arkham Series), installing them on the SSD will also improve their loading times.
This is entirely dependent on your personal preference. 13 inch laptops offer good portability and can be carried around with ease. Though it may not provide the best gaming experience.
15inch laptops are the most preferable for people who tend to play high-end games and carry it not very often as the size of these laptops is kind of heavy and large in size..
The come the big league 17-inch monsters, used by people who are into serious gaming. The large screen allows you to have a fully immersive gaming experience.
9 Best Selling Gaming Laptops
1. MSI Gaming GL63 Laptop
This is a perfect product for those who are looking for a gaming laptop. MSI Gaming GL63 Laptop is a 9th Gen gaming laptop which comes with Intel Core i5-9300H3332p, Quad-Core, up to 4.0 GHz.
This makes the laptop efficient and fast. The backlit keyboard and the anti-glare screen allows you to work in bright conditions. Let us have a look at the other features of this laptop.
- It is pre-loaded with the Windows 10, Home, 64Bit operating system, which comes with lifetime validity.
- It has a 15.6-inch Gull HD (1920 x 1080) display with 60HZ refresh rate and Wideview technology ensures that the screen is visible from all angles.
- It has an 8GB DDR4 RAM & 512GB storage.
- It comes with multiple pre-installed apps. The apps include MSI BurnRecovery, MSI Battery Calibration, MSI Help Desk, Norton Internet Security (trail 60days), Norton Studio (Metro) (permanently free), Nvidia GeForce Experience, Microsoft Office 2016 (trial 30 days), True Color 2.0, Nahimic and Dragon Center.
- Enjoy a good viewing experience with this laptop while gaming or even while watching movies.
- The laptop has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB graphics card.
- It does not compromise with its storage capacity with 512 GB storage.
- Even while you are playing in a dark room, it is not a problem as it has a backlit keyboard.
- It also comes with a 2-year MSI Carry-in warranty covering all manufacturing defects.
- The keyboard gets dirty with your fingerprints.
2. Alienware 17 R4
Alienware is a brand that specializes in the manufacture of high-end gaming laptops. They can run any game on the planet with the highest settings, making it worth the heavy price tag. Let us look at the features of this model.
- 17.3-Inch display.
- 2.4 GHz clock speed up to 4.1 GHz with Turbo Boost.
- 7th generation Intel i7 processor.
- 16GB DDR4, 2400MHz, expandable up to 32GB.
- 8GB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060.
- Professional level high-performance gaming.
- Calibrate your controls. Personalize space for each and every game without interfering with other activities.
- Alienware TactX keyboard, n-key rollover supported, enabling over 108-key commands for maximum actions per minute.
- VR-ready system.
- Flamboyant design.
- Obnoxiously loud cooling fans.
3. HP Omen
Stylish and sleek, HP Omen is the king when it comes to power, with competitive pricing. Weighing around 5 pounds, this laptop is easy to carry and looks stunning with a red LED keyboard.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated).
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- Intel i7 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores).
- 15.6-Inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit 1920 x 1080.
- 1 TB HDD storage with 128 GB SSD storage.
- 16 GB(2 x 8 GB) DDR4
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- Dimensions: 0.98 x 15.30 x 10.85 inches.
- Weight: 2.6 kgs.
- Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 3 USB 3.1, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45, 1 headphone/microphone combo, 1 mini display port.
- Reasonable price in terms of gaming laptops.
- Lag-free gaming experience.
- Portable and easy to carry.
- Gaming perfected – The NVIDIA™ GeForce® GTX 10 Series delivers the ultimate PC gaming experience.
- Overheating issues.
4. MSI Dominator pro GT62VR 7R
MSI Dominator has the latest components with quad-core processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM, 4k capability and gaming experience along with VR(Virtual Reality) support.
- 3.6 GHz Intel i7 processor.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5 video memory.
- 15.6 inch UHD 3840×2160 resolution IPS panel.
- Cooler Boost technology for quick dissipation of heat.
- Windows 10 operating system.
- 16GB DDR4 RAM.
- 1TB 7200rpm hard drive.
- Weight: 2 kg.
- Pricing is quite good compared to its competition.
- Gsync screen to prevent frame tearing while playing.
- Lightning-fast transfer speed.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2.
- The X Boost function from MSI technology supports faster storage access speed.
- True Color Technology for increased color contrast and greater image detail.
- This is the ultimate gaming experience, fueled by the fastest performance, most advanced gaming technologies, and the best gaming ecosystem.
- IPS level display with a higher gamut of 72% NTSC color range takes image clarity to a whole new level with higher pixel resolution.
- Battery back-up is average.
5. Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming
- CPU: Intel Core i7 with boost speed of up to 3.8 G Hz.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory.
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM, expandable to 16 GB.
- 15.6-inch screen with FHD, anti-glare LED-backlit.
- Dual storage: 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD.
- 720p video HD webcam.
- Weight: 2.76kg.
- has decent looks with great features for both gamers as well as for working enthusiasts.
- Graphics are top-notch with upgraded technology.
- Great development and minimalist design.
- Speaker and audio clarity could be better.
6. Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501VI
Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers), as the name suggests, is built exclusively while keeping gamers in mind. This is a thin and sleek laptop, but do not let the looks fool you, as it packs a lot of power under the hood. Let us look at some of the features.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics with Max-Q design.
- Core i7-7700 processor.
- 16GB DDR4 RAM.
- It is only 16.9-17.9mm thick and lightweight at 2.3kg, making it super portable.
- Aerodynamic system for better ventilation.
- Effective cooling system.
- Vivid gaming experience.
- Upgradable RAM and SSD to improve it in the future.
- Elegant design and handy to use on a daily basis.
- Positioning of keyboard is uncomfortable.
7. Acer Nitro AN515-51
Powerful and for the people who find peace in the gaming warzone. The “helious ” has set a benchmark when it comes to fellow competitors in Gaming. With stunning 4K traditional Gaming with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti which gives a Desktop Level Performance and 1TB hard disk is all that a gamer wants for stunning peaceful gaming.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti for desktop level performance.
- 128 GB SSD for reduced boot up time and in game loading.
- Optimized Dolby audio premium sound enhancement.
- Dual Fan Cooling with metal aeroBlade 3D.
- Upgradable SSD upto 512 GB.
- Intel Core i7 Processor (7th Gen).
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM.
- 64 bit Windows 10 operating system.
- 1 TB HD and 128 GB SSD storage.
- 15.6 inch display.
- Weight – 2.7 kg.
- Dual fan cooling system.
- Ultimate lag-free gaming experience.
- The fans can be quite noisy.
8. Razor Blade Pro
The tagline of Razor: “For the gamers, by the gamers”, tells you everything you need to know about their products. Their laptops are built to consistently tilt the competition in your favor.
It delivers excellent performance in a very thin form factor. It is equipped with an overlocked 7th Gen Intel Core i7 Quad-Core processor for lag-free performance.
- eatures ultra-thin bezels and with a 17.3 inch screen and 4K UHD capability.
- 32GB dual-channel DDR4 memory.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X VRAM.
- Windows 10 operating system.
- 1TB SSD storage.
- Outstanding 4K HD display.
- G-Sync touch display.
- Durable k000eyboard.
- Customizable keyboard lights.
- The newest version of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080.
- Very heavy, not recommended for people who travel a lot.
9. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
Acer Predator Helios 300 is an advanced gaming laptop that combines the power of the 10th Gen intel core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics. It provides exceptionally clear and crisp gameplay with a lightning-fast response time.
It promises entertainment and realistic gaming performances with its surround sound system. You can control its functions with the Killer control center 2.0, Killer ethernet E2600 plus wireless AX 1650i components.
It supports DirectX 12 ultimate which is the latest standard for next-generation gaming and prepares you for graphically intensive and advanced gaming with mesh shaders, variable-rate shading, ray-tracing, etc.
- It features a 15.6 inches, (1920X 1080) resolution, IPS panel, FHD display with 300nit brightness, widescreen, 72% NTSC display, and LED-backlit functionality.
- This gaming laptop is designed for delivering improved professional gaming performances. It provides clear visuals with smoother motions, reduced blurs, and zero ghosting due to its
- 144Hz refresh rate screen.
- It is powered by a 10th generation intel-core i7-9750H processor that has 6 cores and a turbo max speed of 5 GHz.
- It comes with 4th Gen Aeroblade 3D fan technology that helps to boost the performance and keep the heat down.
- It is equipped with a dedicated and overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card with a 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM for fast loading and execution of gaming applications.
- It supports with PredatorSense mobile app that provides total control over your gaming laptop such as a home menu, overclock, fan control, lightning, monitoring, etc.
- Its data storage capacity comprises 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- The keyboard features a PredatorSense key and a turbo button for overclocking the processing components.
- It supports fast and strong Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- It comes with DTZ X ultra that delivers real-world sounds during gaming for experiencing a high-end 360-degree surround sound system.
- This gaming laptop enables you to hit close to 140 FPS that is ideal for the high-end games
- Its 3ms overdrive response time perfectly matches 144Hz refresh rate for delivering immersive, detailed, and high-definition visuals
- It is pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS that ensures faster booting and gives access to user-friendly Windows features
- Delivers high-end graphical and gaming performances
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card provides advanced functionality like artificial intelligence, real-time ray tracing, and programmable shading.
- It comes with a 4 zone RGB backlit keyboard that ensures flawless gaming even during dim-light scenarios.
- Battery life is not up to the mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Laptops are suitable for gaming?
Any laptop with a dedicated graphics card is capable of running games.
2. How much RAM do I need for gaming?
8 GB is the minimum requirement of RAM for a gaming laptop. With an 8 GB RAM, your PC would be capable of running most of the games without hindrance, though some concession in terms of graphics would probably be required.
3. How long do gaming laptops last?
If you take proper care of your laptop, it can last for at least five years or more.
The gaming laptops are equipped with revolutionary architecture and employ advanced technology such as artificial intelligence for providing blazing-fast and exceptional gaming display. These laptops offer exceptional HD display and surround sound system.
Being a gamer, you would want a reliable gaming companion that ensures ultra-fast processing and can easily handle high-end gaming demands. A powerful gaming laptop can make a significant difference between winning and losing in gaming competitions.
If you have a low-budget and want to buy a gaming laptop, we would strongly recommend you Dell Inspiron 7000 because of its efficiency and comparatively cost.