Best Gaming Laptops
Gaming has taken a whole new level in recent years, and this tech-savvy generation is asking for the best technology available in the market.
From power to performance you name it! These Gaming laptops have it.
Some are lightweights, some are hard to carry but has the best specs available.
With so many options available in the market, we tend to make skeptic decisions especially when it comes to the size of the screen or with those mind-boggling specifications and end up regretting.
Here we are going to help you out with buyers guide as well as detailed specifications for the best option available for the gaming laptops.
Also, let’s not forget that budget is also important when it comes to buying Gaming laptops. We do have to keep an eye for the best and reasonable product in the market. While going through this article you will come across the types of gaming laptops along with buying guide which will help in further decision making. We also mentioned top 7 best selling gaming laptops along with there specification which would help you to make a better choice.
Top 8 Best Selling Gaming Laptops
Types of Gaming Laptops
High-End gaming Laptops:
It mainly Consists of system displays of 17-18 inches of the vivid high-end graphical requirement
Graphics of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or higher with 4k UHD display, which is designed and configured for heavy gaming standards.
Laptops like Alienware 17R4 and Razor Blade 4, etc, are some of the major contenders in this segment.
Top-Notch Facilities for gaming are being provided for a smooth gaming experience.
These Laptops are a bit expensive and are large in size, mainly because of the requirement at this level needs to have a vivid clarity.
Casual Gaming laptops:
This is totally different from the high-end gaming Laptops, as casual gaming laptops are for gamers but also for those who are workaholics as well.
These are comparatively less expensive and are of 15-inch or so whereas High-end gaming laptops are 17-18 -inch laptops.
Casual Gaming laptops can be easier to carry and with up to 3-4 hours of standby, laptops like Dell Inspiron 7000, compatible with most of the games with 1080p resolution and HD graphics for the pure gaming experience.
Ultra-thin and portable laptops:
These Laptops come with so many benefits in an economical way, and it provides all the necessary tools which a gaming laptop needs to have.
Better power, battery back-ups or even compatibility, with slim and sleek designs, portable laptops are easy to carry and can be used for different purposes as it does support hard-core gaming experience.
For instance, it can easily run GTA 5 with an ace and lag-free experience. With the battery back up of 4-7 hours, it is worth investing money in for people who are always on the go and loves to play games as well.
GAMING LAPTOPS BUYERS GUIDE
Before buying any gaming laptop a person should check-up on some detailed pieces of information such as:
Gaming laptops are expensive, so before buying do research and buy what fits your requirement, nowadays people can choose and set a price range for selecting gaming laptops as it does come at lower range, mid-range and high-end gaming laptops prices. Prices may vary due to the region you’re ordering from.
Always take a guarantee or insurance card with it, just in case if it crashes or you drop it by mistake, which would probably lead to extra payments.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is the battery life, how long does it work without the charger plugged-in, for having a gaming session without interruption.
Graphics card mainly required and is important for gaming purpose, although all gaming laptops need to have a high-end graphics card to perform to the fullest without any lag or any other issues. We basically have some choices and for uttermost clarity here are two types of GPU which we can use for your Laptops.
Gaming laptop needs to have a Graphics card for better graphics as well as for performance. Integrated Graphics card is likely to be used for the casual gaming experience, which requires less power, whereas with a Dedicated graphics card it is easy to run games that are far more preferable for gaming users. Here is some information about the two graphics card:
- Integrated Graphics Card: Are likely to come with the motherboard and share RAM with CPU, which in the process reduces the total amount of RAM available. Integrated Graphics card is not for gaming purpose and also is cheaper than Dedicated Graphics cards. Although the Integrated Graphics card does help to play some of the games with low requirements, yet it is not recommended for heavy gamers or games.
- CircleDedicated Graphics Card: A Dedicated Graphics card has its own independent source of video memory. Nvidia is probably one of the best picks, which can run games in 4K HD as well as on 1080p. It has the ability to run high-definition vivid HD graphics, whether it is videos or heavy high-impact games.
NVIDIA, which offers a wide range of settings as it depends on your choice as mainstream users use Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 for games like witchers 3 etc and GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050i, which helps in making graphics smoother and framerates gets ace for playing Battlefield 1 etc. Just to have a better performance with the latest gaming experience.
Processors are mainly known as the brains of a laptop/computer, which helps in functioning the whole system, it makes a huge impact when it comes to gaming, we all want to play as many HD games as possible without any lag problems.
So, if pricing is not an issue then you can always opt for Intel i7 processors, which are made for 4k HD gaming with tremendous performance.
And if you are looking for the budget as well as performance then you can go for Intel i5, which can run most of the games in 1080p without any problems.
The majority of the games these days ask for the 8GB RAM, which suffices for no lagging issues and to have multiple applications running without any disturbance at once.
But as for an open suggestion, if you’re into video editing or stream your games, it is a good option to go for 12GB or 16GB RAM as the additional cost may require.
It is surely up to you to decide whether to go for HDD(Hard Disk Drive) or SDD(Solid-State Drive) as both are cost-effective, whereas nowadays games may take 40-60GB space, so, it is recommended to have SSD, which also provide for ace in loading games as well as is way safer than HDD because HDD could get damaged easily.
SDDs helps in boosting file-transferring speed and hence gives a boost to games to load faster. SSDs are expensive and people who prefer hardcore gaming experience tend to buy it. If SSDs are way beyond your reach then purchasing a 1TB hard disk can suffice some of your needs.
HDDs, however, is slower in every context, on the other hand, you can have both, and stay on your budget by having 256-500GB SSD, for your gaming storage and also using 1TB or more HDD for storing data. This way you can stay within your budget.
The display is always preferred and is mostly related to the fact on how do you want to use a Laptop, 13inch laptops are basically for portability, which can be easily carried weights around 3-4KG maximum. For example Alienware 13
15inch laptops are the most preferable for people who tend to play high-end games and carry it not very often as the size of these laptops is kind of heavy and large in size. For instance Dell Inspiron 7000.
Comes down to the big league 17-inch monsters, used by people who are into serious gaming, which provided top-notch gaming with much better processing power than any other range of laptops. For instance Alienware 17.
8 Best Selling Gaming Laptops
1. MSI Gaming GL63 Laptop –
A perfect product for those who are looking for a gaming laptop. MSI Gaming GL63 Laptop is a 9th Gen gaming Laptop which comes with Intel Core i5-9300H 9th Gen processor, Quad-Core, up to 4.0 GHz making the working of the laptop efficient and fast. The backlit keyboard and the anti-glare screen allows you to work in both the conditions(Light & Dark). Let us have a look at the other features of this laptop.
- This gaming laptop is fast and efficient in its working because of the Intel Core i5-9300H 9th Gen processor, Quad-Core, up to 4.0 GHz.
- It is pre-loaded with the Windows 10, Home, 64Bit operating system, which comes with lifetime validity.
- The view quality of the laptop is elegant because of its 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 60HZ Wideview. It is an anti-glare screen, so you need not have to be worried even if you are playing in a lighted condition.
- It has an 8GB DDR4 RAM & 512GB storage.
- It comes with multiple pre-installed apps. The apps include MSI BurnRecovery, MSI Battery Calibration, MSI Help Desk, Norton Internet Security (trail 60days), Norton Studio (Metro) (permanently free), Nvidia GeForce Experience, Microsoft Office 2016 (trial 30 days), True Color 2.0, Nahimic 3, Dragon Center.
- Enjoy a high-viewing experience with this laptop while gaming or even while watching movies as it comes with a 4GB Graphics Card.
- It does not compromise with its storage capacity as it has a 512 GB storage.
- Even while you are playing in a dark room, it is not a problem at all as it has a backlit keyboard.
- It also comes with a 2-year MSI Carry-in warranty covering all manufacturing defects under it.
- The keyboard gets dirty quickly with your fingerprints.
2. Alienware 17 R4 –
This beast from Dell gives the luxury of ultimate Gaming experience, with such specifications and made just for those Hard-core gaming fans.
Alienware has been at the top of the table in Gaming Laptops as it can run any particular game because of the specification. At this huge price range, this truly is worth your money if you are into hardcore gaming.
Alienware Comes with a solid 17.3-inch, with Anti-glare 300-nits display.
- 17.3-Inch display
- 2.4GHz Turbo boost which can be upgraded up to 4.1 GHz with Turbo Boost
- Intel i7 Processor
- Circle16GB DDR4, 2400MHz; up to 32GB
- Circle8GB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060
- Meticulously Designed to deliver a knockout performance
- Pro Level High-performance Gaming
- Calibrate your controls. Personalize space for each and every game without interfering with other activities.
- CheckAlienware TactX keyboard, n-key rollover supported, enabling over 108-key commands for maximum actions per minute.
- CheckVR-ready system
- CheckFlamboyant design
- Obnoxious loud cooling fans
- Battery dies faster
3. HP Omen –
Stylish and Sleek, HP Omen is the king when it comes to size and power, as this Laptop has been giving a lot of competition to the competitors because of the pricing. It is the best at its range, which is worth it for intermediate gamers and has the power to play full HD action-packed games such as GTA 5, Witchcraft, etc.
Weighing around 5 pounds, this laptop is easy to carry and looks stunning with Red LED Keyboard.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti(4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Operating System Windows 10
- Intel i7 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Circle15.6-Inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit 1920 x 1080
- Circle1 TB HDD storage with 128 GB SSD storage
- Circle16 GB(2 x 8 GB) DDR4
- CircleUSB 3.1 Type-C
- CircleDragon Red Backlit Full Island-style Keyboard with Numeric keypad(Special Highlight WASD Keys)
- CircleDimensions (HxWxD) and Weight: 0.98 x 15.30 x 10.85 inches | Weight: 2.6 kgs
- CirclePorts: 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 3 USB 3.1, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45, 1 headphone/microphone combo, 1 Mini DisplayPort
- Reasonable Price in terms of Gaming Laptops
- Lag-free gaming Experience
- Portable and Easy to carry
- CheckGaming perfected – The NVIDIA™ GeForce® GTX 10 Series delivers the ultimate PC gaming experience.
- External Ethernet dongle is required
- Exclamation TriangleBattery life is terrible
- Exclamation TriangleHeating issues ( Sometimes)
4. MSI Dominator pro GT62VR 7R –
The Name says it all ” Dominator, “this laptop has dominated its competitors in various tests.
MSI Dominator has the latest technologies with quad-core processors with 16GB DDR4 RAM, 4k video content and gaming experience along with VR(Virtual Reality)
- 3.6 GHz Intel i7 processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
- 15.6 inch UHD 3840×2160, IPS level panel, 100% Adobe RGB (Optional)
- CircleCooler Boost technology
- CircleWindows 10
- Circle16GB DDR4 RAM
- Circle1TB 7200rpm hard drive
- Circle2kg laptop
- Pricing is quite good compared to its competition
- Gsync screen with the huge screen
- Lightning-fast transferring speed
- CheckUSB 3.1 Gen 2
- check the X Boost function from MSI technology supports faster storage access speed.
- CheckTrue Color Technology for increased color contrast and greater image detail
- CheckThis is the ultimate gaming experience, fueled by the fastest performance, most advanced gaming technologies, and the best gaming ecosystem.
- CheckIPS level display with a higher gamut of 72% NTSC color range takes image clarity to a whole new level with higher pixel resolution.
- CheckMultitask with upto 3 Monitors.
- Battery back-up is average.
5. Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming –
With up to 8 hours of battery life in one go! this laptop outruns every other lavish company and its none other than Dell. As a Gamer, you cannot ask for anything better than this, along with the NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics card which is also In-built. Dell has given us a masterpiece.
- CPU: Intel Core i7 upto 3.8 G Hz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- Massive DDR4, which is from 8GB-16GB variation(price range vary)
- Circle15.6-inch screen with FHD, Anti-glare LED-backlit
- CircleDual drives 256GB SSD – WITH 1TB HDD
- Circle720p Video HD webcam
- Circle2.76kg laptop
- Have Decent looks with great features for both gamers as well as for working enthusiasts.
- Graphics are top-notch with upgraded technology
- No Show-off with great development and minimalist design
- Except the speaker and voice clarity could have been more improvised with such specs.
- Exclamation TriangleBatterylife, as promised, is a question mark?
6. Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501VI –
World’s slimmest laptop and weights only 2.25kgThis laptop is sleek and has the power of hulk. It is all four in one, in my opinion, it has Power, extremely slim, expensive and at the same time has the best audio system. So, the question arises. Is it worth it? Let’s check some of the specs. Asus ROG comes with the NVIDIA Max-Q initiative, which makes it extremely thin and gives it an ultra-portable look.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics with Max-Q design
- Core i7-7700HQ
- 16GB DDR4
- CircleWith only of 16.9-17.9mm thick and lightweight 2.3kg makes it super portable.
- CircleActive Aerodynamic System
- CircleWorks both for Work as well as for gaming purpose
- Effective cooling system
- Vivid Gaming Experience
- Upgradable RAM and SSD which makes it faster in the process
- CheckExcellent and Elegant design and handy to use on a daily basis
- Terrible battery back-up
- Exclamation TriangleWay too expensive
- Exclamation TriangleThe cooling system sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t
- Exclamation TriangleThe positioning of the keyboard and mouse pad is a disappointment.
7. Acer Nitro AN515-51 –
Powerful and for the people who find peace in the gaming warzone. The “helious ” has set a benchmark when it comes to fellow competitors in Gaming. With stunning 4K traditional Gaming with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti which gives a Desktop Level Performance and 1TB hard disk is all that a gamer wants for stunning peaceful gaming.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti for Desktop Level Performance
- 128 GB SSD for Reduced Boot Up Time and in Game Loading
- Optimized Dolby Audio Premium Sound Enhancement
- CircleDual Fan Cooling with Metal AeroBlade 3D
- CircleUpgradable SSD Upto 512 GB
- CircleIntel Core i7 Processor (7th Gen)
- Circle8 GB DDR4 RAM
- Circle64 bit Windows 10 Operating System
- Circle1 TB HDD|128 GB SSD
- Circle15.6 inch Display
- CircleWeight – 2.7 kg
- Future Tech advancement
- Dual fan cooling system
- Ultimate lag-free Gaming Experience
- Not sufficient battery life
- Exclamation TriangleMakes a lot of cooling fan sound
- Exclamation TriangleHeavy
8. Razor Blade Pro –
Razor has been making ” GOD ” like laptops, whether it could do your simple work or is it about the 4K Ultra High definition content. That’s the reason they are the Mavericks when it comes to ultra-slim, portable and mind-bending Laptops. It looks simple yet Elegant. With 17.3- Inch display comes a brilliant display of power, but it is just a beginning. Let’s talk about the specs.
- Comes with ultra-thin 0.88 and screen of 17.3- Inch with 4K UHD tech
- Processor i7 with 2.9GHz
- 32GB dual-channel memory DDR4, 2667MHz
- CircleNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X VRAM
- CircleWindows 10
- Circle1TB SSD RAID 0 2x 512GB PCIe M.2 , also comes in 2TB 2x1TB PCIe M.2
- CircleAnd Weights only of 3.49KG which is slightly less heavy than its predators.
- Outstanding 4K HD display
- Durable Keyboard
- Customizing keyboard lights
- CheckThe newest version of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
- Very Expensive
- Exclamation TriangleGets warm/Hot easily probably due to the massive amount of Gaming
- Exclamation TriangleOdd placing for the mouse-pad
- Exclamation TriangleServices provided by the Company is sloppy
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Laptops are suitable for gaming?
Some of the laptops which are suitable for gaming are Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501VI & Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming.
2. How much RAM do I need for gaming?
8 GB is the minimum requirement of RAM for a gaming laptop. With an 8 GB RAM, your PC would be capable of running most of the games without hindrance though some concession in terms of graphics would probably be required. For today’s generation, 16 GB is the optimum requirement for a gaming laptop.
3. How long do gaming laptops last?
If you take proper care of your laptop, it can last for at least five years or more, even up to 10 years.
Gaming laptops are basically investments, which we like to use for a long-run and as the competition is higher and demand for these Gaming laptops has also been increasing, People are willing to spend such amount for these gadgets, so if you have a low-budget and wants to buy a gaming laptop, I would strongly recommend you Dell Inspiron 7000 because of its efficiency and is comparatively cheaper than those high-end gaming laptops.
If you’re into Gaming and has been an expert or who really wants to join the league of experts, we would definitely recommend High-end Gaming Laptops, which gives the utmost feels of 4k UHD satisfaction, Alienware 17 and Razor Blade Pro, are the two, Top-notch contenders, which gives the best gaming experience if you have a solid budget.