Best Android Tablets in Market
Want a device to stay on track with office work? Along with features like smooth gaming experience, word processing, media exchange, internet, apps, multitasking, etc. all on a large screen?
An Android Tablet serves them all. They are much like smartphones, with an attractive user interface, Android operating system, smooth processing, and many exciting features. Many reputed organizations provide their employees with Tablets to let them keep up witth the work from their home itself.
When it comes to Tablets, the market has many options, some of them being the Apple iPad series and Microsoft’s Surface Tablets. Both of these options are splendid, but they are high-end products. Tabs are similar, provide most of the needed facilities and reliable hardware at lower costs. That is the reason why android tablets are revolutionizing the Tablet market, and people tend to be interested in getting a Tablet instead of an Apple or Microsoft option.
Every tablet is not good enough for every purpose; they are manufactured by keeping some buyer in mind, to provide what the buyer is seeking. For example, a Tab may be perfect for gaming and multimedia but may lack some features which a working professional seeks for.
Top 7 Android Tablets in Market
Types of Android Tablets
There are three main types of Android tablets:
Tablets for proper use:
These tablets are used extensively for official purposes. They have great connectivity options along with long battery life.
These tabs have excellent Graphic capabilities along with proper display and powerful Processing to give the best gaming experience.
These tablets have great audio and video capabilities along with an excellent display and good camera to give the best music, video, and photo experience.
Android Tablets Buyer’s Guide
Any buyer must keep in mind the following specifications of best tabs in India before buying it.
RAM is an abbreviation for Random Access Memory. It is responsible for the Tablet’s capacity to do Multitasking efficiently. Multitasking is essential in a Tablet as a user may need to use various apps, one at a time without closing the other apps. An Android Tablet must have functional multitasking capacity so that all active applications which the user needs, keep working in the background when he/she is working on another app. A RAM of 1 GB is considered average, and that of 2 GB or higher is deemed to be suitable for an Android tablet.
GPU is an abbreviation for Graphics Processing Unit. It is responsible for producing good quality video and graphics. A buyer who wants a tablet for Multimedia and Gaming purposes must consider getting a tablet with an excellent GPU. Some of the best GPUs are those of NVIDIA, Qualcomm and ARM. But one must check for the latest versions of the GPUs to get the best user experience.
The Processor in tablets is a very crucial specification as it determines how fast the processing in your tablet would be. A Dual-Core processor is considered average nowadays. A Quad-core or Octa-core processor with at least 1.4 GHz frequency is considered good for a Tablet.
The buyer can decide the screen size according to the requirement, but there are various factors related to the touchscreen which need to be considered by the buyer. They are pixel density, type of touchscreen, and resolution.
A pixel density of 300 pixels per inch or PPI is considered good.
A TFT capacitive touchscreen is considered average while an IPS or an AMOLED touchscreen is considered excellent. Lastly, the Resolution of the screen is not a very important aspect as compared to others, but the resolution of the screen must be good enough to display high-quality media and graphics.
The camera is essential for buyers who love taking clicks everywhere or shooting videos. For this purpose, the tablet must have a good camera. A camera of 5 Megapixels or higher is considered to be useful in a tablet.
The buyer must consider the connectivity options of the tablet before buying it. According to the current trends, a tablet needs to have Bluetooth 3.0 or higher, and WiFi is a must. Cellular connectivity is also necessary. It must have options to connect it with a computer like a USB 2.0 or 3.0, a port for connecting a headphone like the 3.5mm jack, USB On the Go feature to connect a pen drive or an external keyboard and other accessories.
The tablet must sport a long battery life. For this, it needs a higher rating battery. But if the battery is large, the charging time will be more. So the battery and its charging time must be balanced so that it takes lesser time to charge and runs for an extended period. A battery of 5000 mAh or higher is considered decent in a tablet. If the tablet comes with a high current rated charger of 1.5 Amperes or higher, that’s even better.
The memory capacity of the Tablet determines how much content, let it be media or applications, can be stored in the tablet. Android tablets come with an inbuilt memory capacity of 8 GB, 16 GB, 32GB, and 64GB as well. Some tablets come with expandable memory up to 128 GB or more, apart from the internal memory. The buyer must consider the memory capacity of the tablet and compare it with the memory capacity needed for the data that the buyer would like to store in the tablet. The internal memory of 32 GB and expandable memory up to 64 GB is advisable.
Weight of the tablet has much to do with the comfort of using it. The recommended weight of a tablet is in the range of 350-550 grams.
Body and Durability:
A tablet must have a sleek design, and its body must be durable enough to survive minor damaging forces. An Aluminium metal body is highly recommended as it serves the purpose without adding much to the weight of the tablet.
Define the purpose of buying the tablet:
Identify the basic need of the tablet and then buy a tablet suitable for that need.
There are tablets which act as a mini version of a laptop. You may require a tablet as it is portable and provides all the functions as a laptop. Or you may need the tablet for entertainment purpose like gaming, browsing, watching videos as well. Some tablets come with a SIM card slot which will allow you to call from the device. There are tablets available in the market which may serve such needs collectively or separately.
Up-gradation of the Operating System:
Many apps and functions are launched every day in the store. Many new apps won’t work on the older versions of the operating system. Make sure you buy the tablets which allow you to upgrade the OS from time to time
Tablets are used by people from various age groups with different interests. Keep in mind the age and type of users. Though everyone can use the usual tablet, few tablets are designed specifically for kids with features that provide immense parental control; for instance, letting you block access to specific age-inappropriate sites and apps and creating multiple user profiles, etc.
Top 7 Android Tablets in Market
1. Fusion5 4G LTE Tablet 9.6 inch
Fusion5 is focused on manufacturing electronic goods like tablets, laptops, mobiles, Smartwatches, etc. The company believes in providing seamless electronic experience from their range of products for all the age group. Fusion5’s core focus has been in developing tablets which serve every customer segment and has an affordable price range. Fusion5 has a presence in Great Britain, the USA, India, France, Denmark, Spain, and Italy.
- The Fusion 5 tablet has enhanced the In-Plane switching (IPS) capacitive-touch-screen display, which ensures that the images are of a naturally saturated high-quality. The liquid crystal’s capacity to shift horizontally makes multi- angle-viewing enjoyable.
- The O.S is Android Version Oreo 8.1 with 1.3 GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (64-bit).
- The display panel is thin, and the resolution is 1280*800 in HD.
- The tablet has a dual camera; the front camera is 2MP convenient for the video calling, and the rear is 8MP.
- Supports WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS connections; the tablet comes with Quad-Core and A53 Processor.
- The lithium-polymer battery with 5000mAh and the wide display where all AVI, MKV, MWV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, FLV and WAV video formats, MJPEG, JPEG, JPG, GIF, BMP, and PNG image formats are supported ensures you a non-stop enjoyable visual experience.
- This tablet is a combination of a phone and a personal computer; you can make calls on it as well as perform functions which are similar to a laptop.
- Comes with two 4G SIM slots. Therefore, it does not always need to be connected to Wi-Fi.
- Various entertainment apps, like Prime, Netflix, and high-end games.
- Tablet’s back panel is layered with a scratch-resistance coating which keeps it unaffected from the everyday wear and tear.
- The touch of the tablet is soft and smooth
- Affordable, yet gives numerous features at such a low cost.
- Twelve months warranty and has a committed service center.
- The storage of 32 GB with expandable 128GB is fantastic. However, the RAM is 2GB
- The tablet is slightly heavy.
- Although image quality is good, the brightness needs an improvement.
2. Lenovo Tab4 10 Tablet
Headquartered in China, Lenovo is a global technology company which designs, develops, manufactures, and sells personal computers, tablet, Computers, smartphones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices. The Lenovo Tab 4 10 A Tablet is designed for every kind of a person in the family. It is a classic family tablet produced for household sharing. Tab 4 10 has presented the customer with optional packs to transform the tablet into dedicated kid’s tablets or efficiency tablets.
- The tab 4 10 offers full-bodied performance due to its 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon processors of up to 1.4 GHz.
- In Lenovo Tab 4 10 A multiple users can open their accounts for customized space.
- The tablet can turn into a-
- Workhorse Productivity Tablet – Convert your Tab 4 10 into a productive device with a Productivity Pack. This optional accessory pack incorporates the built-in productivity interface that has a taskbar, instant app switching, support for multiple windows, split-screen, and optimization for keyboard processes.
- Kid’s friendly Tablet: You have the liberty to choose this package if you are buying this tablet for your child/children. The kid’s pack is integrated with a secured kid’s account, which holds the latest curated kid’s content. The browsers open only whitelisted websites. A shock-resistant bumper, a blue-light screen filter, and fun stickers are also included in the package.
- The 8.5 mm in thickness and 506 grams makes it ultra-slim plus light outline offers an exceptionally sleek design.
- Its high definition screen is with 1280 x 800 resolutions on the IPS display.
- Dolby Atmos turns the Tab 4 10 into a mobile entertainment system with headphones or with the built-in dual-stereo front-facing speakers. Audio flows around, and you experience rich and powerful sounds from all directions.
- The battery life is wonderful. When fully charged, you can get up to twelve hours of usage with full brightness.
- The software update interval is good.
- There are not many pre-installed apps. The pre-installed ones can be uninstalled.
- The device comes with LTE for internet only.
- You can restrict your child’s usage by setting the daily limit of the usage with the help of scheduling tools.
- It doesn’t support for making calls and has no earpiece for calls. But if you are a Jio user, then you can install Jio4GVoice app to make and receive calls with the help of earphones.
- No brightness sensor which increases or decreases the brightness according to the time of the day.
- The display is average.
3. iBall Slide Nimble 4GF Tablet
Best IT World (India) Pvt. Ltd. Known as iBall is an Indian consumer electronics firm headquartered in Mumbai. iBall imports computer peripherals, smartphones, and tablets from original equipment manufacturers. The company sells electronics in 27 product categories. The iBall Slide Nimble 4GF Tablet is one of the most straightforward intuitive interfaces powered by Android and designed to look trendy. iBall Slide Nimble 4GF brings in multimedia of experience which is Better, brighter, and faster for your comfort.
- The 8-inch tablet is powered with Android 6.0, Quad-Core processor, 3GB RAM and resolution of 1280×800
- The Mira vision technology improves the visual class and provides a vibrant experience even in the sunlight.
- Nimble 4GF has a dual SIM slot that will allow calls only on the VoLTE network.
- The battery has a capacity of 4300mAh with power-saving mode thanks to the high energy-saving chip. On a full charge, the battery can give you video playing for up to six to seven hours.
- The camera is 5MP on the rear and 2MP on the front; it comes in an autofocus feature.
- In Nimble 4GF tablet, other than just English the system can be operated in nine different regional languages of India. And twenty-one regional languages are instilled for keypad writing
- Another unique feature includes the ‘Talkback Accessibility’ which can help the visually challenged users to interact with their device.
- This tablet serves every purpose of a tablet at an incredibly a low-cost range.
- Multi-tasking feature
- It is one of the few devices which runs on a 3GB RAM at such a low price.
- The aesthetic appeal of the slim rose gold design is highly desirable.
- Flip-to-mute feature for the times when you’re busy in places like meeting rooms to even look at the phone for the incoming call.
- The resolution of the videos and images is a bit weak as compared to other tablets.
- The volume of the speakers is a little low.
- The screen seems to be delicate for rough users.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 inch
Samsung is a South Korea based Tech giant known for manufacturing some of the best phones and tablets until date. The pioneering existence of Samsung in the smartphone and tablet market is unquestionable. Millions acknowledge the remarkable build quality and smooth user experience of Samsung devices. The Galaxy Tab S3 is known to be one of the thinnest Tablets available in the Tablet market. It comes with an S pen which can be used to write on the screen and many more uses.
- Aluminum Frame for enhanced durability.
- 9.7 inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen provides a great user experience.
- Comes with the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
- Quad-core processor for enhanced processing speed.
- 32 GB internal memory and expandable up to 256 GB.
- 4GB RAM for enhanced multitasking.
- 13 Megapixel Primary Camera with face detection and LED Flash and 5 Megapixel Secondary Camera.
- WiFi-enabled and Bluetooth v4.2.
- USB 3.1 reversible connector.
- Front-mounted Fingerprint Sensor for enhanced security.
- 6000 mAh battery for long battery life.
- Low weight and thin design.
- Long battery life.
- Very good for office purposes.
- Large Screen.
- Expensive for the provided features.
- Water-resistance is absent.
5. HTC Nexus 9 (WiFi)
In 2014, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC and Google came together and gave birth to this beauty in the form of a tablet under Google’s Nexus tablet series. It was praised and said to be one of the best tablets ever made. With stunning looks and super-fast processing coupled with a great display and NVIDIA’s Tegra K1 chipset and Kepler DX1 GPU which is truly ideal for rigorous gaming, the HTC Google Nexus 9 is a total package.
- 8.9 inch IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen.
- The pixel density of nearly 281 pixels per inch.
- Screen protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop, upgradable to Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system.
- 16 GB internal memory and 2 GB RAM.
- 8 Megapixel primary camera with LED flash, autofocus and face detection, and 1.6 Megapixel secondary camera.
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 chipset with 2.3 GHz Dual-core Denver processor.
- Kepler DX1 GPU.
- WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 enabled.
- NFC enabled.
- Micro-USB v2.0 is available.
- Non-removable 6700 mAh battery.
- Very nice rear camera.
- Great processing speed.
- Crisp and mesmerizing display.
- Front faced dual speakers provide the best gaming and music environment.
- Brushed metal body provides enhanced durability.
- No expandable memory.
- No cellular connectivity.
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 T-385 (2017)
One of the latest tablets by Samsung, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) is one of the most value for money Android tablets ever made. Costing just Rs. 17,990, this tablet sports most of the features required for all uses, inside it. If you are low on budget and need an all-rounder, this is the option for you.
- Weighs less than 400 grams.
- The aluminum body makes it durable.
- 8 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Comes with Android 7.1 Nougat Operating system.
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Processor.
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable up to 256 GB.
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and 5 Megapixel front camera.
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Micro USB 2.0 port is available.
- Non-removable 5000 mAh battery.
- Metal back provides good durability.
- Good camera quality for such an affordable tablet.
- The display has good contrast and colors look great.
- Exceptional battery life for the price.
- Lags while playing graphics capability demanding games.
- The screen is not fully laminated.
- Resolution is low for an 8-inch tablet.
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 T-355Y
Everybody knows that Samsung has owned the smartphone market for a whole decade now. It is nothing different in the case of Android tablets. Samsung is a pioneer in tablets too. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 T-355Y is the fourth entrant from Samsung in this list. It was the predecessor of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) and is also an affordable smartphone, but it is still one of the best to be found in the Indian market.
- 8.0 inch TFT Capacitive touchscreen.
- Comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Equipped with a 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor.
- 32 GB Internal Memory and 2 GB RAM.
- 5.0 Megapixel primary camera and a 2.0 Megapixel secondary camera.
- WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 enabled.
- MicroUSB v2.0 available.
- Expandable memory up to 256 GB.
- Non-removable 4200 mAh battery.
- Good battery backup.
- The design and build quality are very good.
- Inferior Display.
- The rear camera is decent, but the front camera is not.
- It is affordable, but still, the features don’t justify the cost as they should.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an android tablet?
Android tablet is a small-sized laptop that runs on Google’s Android operating system. As Google designs it, therefore the Google’s cloud-based applications are incorporated in the Android tablet; for instance, the emails are exchanged by Gmail by default.
2. What is the dissimilarity in Ipads and Android Tablets?
Ipads run on the IOS operating system, while Android tablets run on Android-based on Linux. The apps market is significantly different in them.
3. Can you make calls on every tablet?
No. Only the tablet that comes with 4G LTE and/or VoLTE SIM slots can make calls.
In the large list of Android tablets, Fusion5 4G LTE seems to be the best in all-round performance. All the tablets mentioned above have been listed according to their all-round performance. There are many other tablets in the international market like Huawei Mediapad M3, the Google Pixel C, the NVIDIA Shield K1 (best gaming tablet available) and many more, which are very good. But they haven’t been listed here as they have either not been launched in India or they are not better than the ones listed above.
If money is not the concern for a buyer and he/she wants the best all-round performance, then Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is the best option. But if money is the concern and the buyer needs a value for money, medium-range tablet, then the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 LTE T-385 (2017) is the best option in the Indian Tablet market. If the buyer needs a tablet only for multimedia uses at a low price, then the Lenovo Tab4 10 Tablet would be the best option to go with.