Best Billing Machine – Speedy and Efficient Bill Generation
Billing machines have become an essential part of most of the shops and stores. With the digital revolution and increasing amount of shoppers, shopkeepers are practically finding it tough to manage everything.
Therefore, billing machines are the first choice of many.
Every small or large store or commercial business requires receipts for which billing machines are essential. The improvised billing machines are incorporated with automatic and advanced settings, which help in speedy and efficient bill generations.
This article will provide every information you need to purchase the right billing machine for your business. We have mentioned the benefits of the billing machine, its type available in the market, a comprehensive buying guide to help you, and, last but not least, our top 9 bill machine.
9 Best Billing Machines in India
Benefits of Billing machine:
Billing machines are used in a wide range of purposes such as collection, distributions, billing, and ticketing. It can be used in a restaurant, parking lot, toll booths, small shops, etc.
Printing receipt or any bill of sale is done with minimum efforts with the billing machine.
Billing machines prevents any error that generally occurs in social work. Once the required information is fed into the system, it prints the same, without having to put the effort in each new bill.
Billing machines can be easily connected to the computer, cash drawers, a barcode scanner. Newer models have wifi enabling feature that connects with the internet.
Devices also have the USB port to communicate with cell phones, pc or laptop, which help in getting things done faster.
Supports plastic money
Billing machines allow swiping of credit and debit card. With newer rules and promotion of using plastic money, this machine helps businesses and customers with day-to-day purchase activities.
With a printing speed of 200mm/sec billing machine make the billing process faster, which is good for business as well as customers since they won’t have to wait for the bill.
Optional External printer
Few billing machine models offer external printer feature so it can be connected to any available printer nearby. The user can use their printer if they wish for a better print.
Types of Billing Machines
Electronic billing machines
These are the most common and general ones among the lot nowadays. These machines run on batteries, have a display bar, and are portable.
The machines which can be moved from place to place are of this kind. The handheld machines or the bus ticketing machines are examples of this kind.
As the name suggests, the billing machines that are portable and can be hand-held fall under this category. Also, these machines are usually electronic.
They have a compact design and a longer functional life than the others.
Bus ticketing machine
These machines are portable and handheld. A keypad and a display bar are provided which shows the amount of the ticket.
They are manufactured as a manual machine or an automatic one.
These machines come with software and algorithms inbuilt in it to add up the taxes and deduct the rebates automatically. No additional manual instructions are required for such type of machines.
These are the most efficient and speedy machines among the lot.
The POS or the Point of Sale section is a technology widely used in supermarkets these days to keep track on the sales of goods. This system uses bar-code technology to perform tasks like review sales or prepare the next fresh lot of products that need to be replaced with the sold-out ones.
Card swipe machine
Billing Machine Buyer’s Guide
Almost all the billing machines come with a display bar for displaying the amount entered. This bar will help in displaying product details, keeping a look on the amount subtracted or added to the bill while the bill gets processed in the machine, showing error messages, etc.
Hence, having a display bar on the billing machine is helpful as well as essential.
The number of sale items that can be stored at a time is also very essential. This requires a memory slot in the billing machines, especially for the automatic machines.
Hence, for large and relevant businesses to carry on, billing machines need a memory slot with adequate memory space.
The keypad varies from machine to machine. Some of them have buttons to press while some of them have a touch display. A check must be kept on the buttons which helps to enter the number of details for the bills.
Count on bills
For increasing the machine’s efficiency and sometimes for security purposes, the number of invoices printed under a minute should be taken into account. The more the frequency, the better is the efficiency of the billing machine.
9 Best Billing Machines
1. Casio DR-140R-WE Printing Calculator
Casio is known for its watches and calculators. With evolving technology, they were able to manufacture smart calculators or printing calculators. With its help, you can calculate and print at the same time.
The Casio DR-140R-WE is the world’s first printing calculator. It has a front luminous display panel. This next-generation DR printing calculator saves time and is easy to use.
- It improves work efficiency. The print calculator has a reprint function through which you can print multiple copies of the bill after printing once.
- It also allows you to print the calculation history later in print off mode.
- The change function allows easy calculation of payment amount.
- It has helpful functions like item counter and averages, cost, sell, margin calculations.
- The calculator has 4key independent memory.
- The calculator prints 3.5 line-per-second printing and has 2-color printing.
- It has sturdy plastic keys.
- The calculator saves money as you don’t need to buy separate bill printer.
- It is an all purpose calculator that gives you various features like mark up/down, tax calculations, total and grand total calculation, regular percent, line printing, tax calculation and key rollover.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Xprinter XP P300 Thermal Printer
Thermal printer makes it really efficient to print out bills on daily basis, it allows you to serve the customer better without wasting their time.
The Xprinter XP 300 is a mobile size printer and comes with a cam shell design for easy media loading. It is very simple to use and carry. The machine saves time and money and improves customer service.
- The machine supports the cash drawer interface.
- It comes with 6 months replacement warranty.
- The machine can be connected through Bluetooth and USB.
- It supports ESC and POS programming language.
- It has a 2000 mAh rechargeable battery.
- The machine can be connected to Android and IOS devices.
- Them machine ha 7 hours standby time and is designed with sleep mode to conserve battery.
- Economical and ideal for small businesses.
- Prints bills very fast and operates at very low noise.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Wep India BP JOY Billing Printer
Wep India BP JOY Billing Printer comes under the retail billing printer category. BP has more than 80000 installations and is growing at a fast pace.
It provides fast billing speed with thermal printing technology and helps in tallying which saves calculating time.
It can be used by all retail shops including bakeries, hotels, restaurants, fast food chains, kirana shops, vending machine chains and others.
- It prints a size of 2 inches
- This machine prints up to 1000 bills a day
- It has a storage capacity for up to700 items
- It is a standalone billing printer that works without PC
- This machine provides fast billing with its Thermal Printing Technology
- It helps save calculating time by tallying
- No negative points observed
4. JT Xprinter Thermal Barcode and Receipt Printer
The JT XP350B 80 mm printer by JT is the 2 in 1 direct thermal barcode and receipt printer. The printer operates at a speed of 152mm per second and supports 2M DRAM, Flash Memory, and Windows 7/8/10 OS.
The printer also comes with a USB interface for a quick and easy printing solution and has printer drivers and barcode label making software.
The printer lets you print your receipts hassle-free, which is specifically designed to print barcode stickers or labels. The stickers can be easily peeled off automatically without any uneven cuts and tears, thus making it a viable option for all industries.
The printer supports USB, Serial, and LAN interfaces that can be used in Windows and Linux operating systems to manage the coding system. The gap auto-detection and the black mark sensor is completely adjustable from side to side.
- It is a heavy-duty barcode and receipt printer with a weight of 1.59 kg, 22 × 15 × 15.7 cm dimensions, and 203DPI resolution.
- The product comes with printer drivers and barcode label making software BARTENDER.
- It comes with a high-speed printing of 5 inches/sec.
- The printer supports all kinds of label printing software.
- You can store your files in the printer through BMP, PCX, BAS download file storage.
- The printer gives 350B print effect. And he labels tear-off automatically.
- It works on a direct thermal resolution 203DPI method of printing.
- It comes with a six months warranty.
- The user-friendly clamshell allows you to easily load the paper by opening the cover and dropping the labels into the media bay.
- The printer has a photoelectric sensor through which it can auto-detect the presence or absence of paper.
- It supports PDF417, OR CODE, and data matrix 2D printing.
- It is embedded with internet default IP with 100 MB ethernet interface connection and data transfer efficiency.
- The printer has thermal sensitive resistance and has a compact design.
- No negative points were observed.
5. Epson TM-T82II
Epson offers multiple billing machines to choose from. This model from Epson is designed in such a way that installation, use, and its maintenance is easy.
It has a USB port and offers parallel POS printer making it hassle-free for you to handle and process it.
- It offers a print speed of a maximum of 200mm per sec.
- Product height is 20 cm, width is 40 cm and weighs 1.7 kg
- Its dimensions are 49.3 x 40 x 30 cm.
- The printer can be operated on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, virtual port driver, OPOS, OPOS for .NET, and Java.
- Adopter, power cable, interface cable, wall hanging bracket, and rubber feet are included.
- Offers auto-cutter feature, with a lifespan of 1.5 million cuts.
- Printer lifespan is of 15 million lines.
- The machine can be mounted horizontally as well as vertically, adjusting to available space.
- With wall mount given it can be easily installed.
- It has a waterproof power switch cover.
- This machine does not have a LAN port.
6. Everycom EC-58 58mm USB Direct Thermal Printer
EC58BLK from everycom has a direct USB port for faster functioning, making your daily business work faster. With low power consumption and low operating cost, this model is a practical choice.
- Offers fast printing speed of 120 mm per sec for both text and graphics.
- Supports scanning of 1d, 2d barcode.
- Supports Windows XP / 7/ 8/ 10/ Linux android / ios (SDK Need To Be Integrated )
- It is compatible with Epson ESC/pos and supports ESC / pos print instruction mode
- The machine is compatible with Android as well as IOS
- Allows using the machine while it’s charging with its built-in power supply.
- Allows using the machine while it’s charging with its built-in power supply.
- Can download the logo and its printing.
- The machine weighs only 0.75 kg makes it super lightweight.
- Line spaces can be adjusted as per the user’s requirement.
- Not suitable for the Android device.
- No auto-cutter feature on the machine.
7. Casio PCR-T 500 Electronic Cash Register
A stylish look with the great functional feature is the Casio PCR-T 500 Electronic Cash Register. Its large display makes it stand out and draw attention among the lot.
- Dimensions of the product are 14.10*13*8 inches
- The product weighs 6.5 kg
- Product has a 10-line LCD
- The machine is provided with a raised keyboard having 25 department keys
- Up to 3000 PLU’s are available
- A 2*2 built-in popup customer display is provided
- An SD card slot is available for program backup/reload
- Paper load thermal printer prints the bills
- A small cash drawer for four bill/8 coins is supplied
- 2 AA batteries are required for the machine
- The display is tilt-able for better viewing.
- The department keys allotted to the machine can be used to preset prices or enter prices manually, allowing the retailer to categorize their entry inputs.
- The functions of the machine might seem challenging to operate without the guidelines.
- A track on the usage of batteries needs to be kept as it does not run on the power supply.
8. Aisworld Electronic Cash Register Machine
The Aisworld Electronic Cash Register Machine has a very wide and detailed keypad for a better utilization of the machine and can also make entries for about 7000 products. Hence, this product is a good option for trade businesses including the number of goods to deal with.
- Product dimension is 372*342*238 mm
- It is equipped with the main display of 128*64 LCD & customer display of 8 digits LED
- Keyboard has 81 multi-functional keys
- The machine can add up to 7000 products
- High-speed thermal printing is supported
- The printing speed of the device is 90 mm/sec
- Specification of the print paper is 57*50 mm thermal paper
- Product has a UV lamp with a currency detector
- A cash drawer is equipped with the product
- A USB port is given to connect the bar-code scanner, printer or other peripherals
- The machine can communicate with PC and manage database
- A 1-year manufacturer warranty is on the product
- The machine can print different types of reports including day, month, purchase & sales, canceled bills, and wise stock report.
- This product also has the software which supports the reprint of the last receipt.
- The product does not run on batteries, which might be a problem during power cuts.
9. TVS E PT-262 Cash Register
The company Analog Comtech Pvt. Ltd. has come up with their billing machine TVS E PT-262 to work under the most challenging terrains. For the Indian retailers who prefer an electronic register instead of a personal computer, this machine is the perfect option.
- Dimensions of the product are 355*231*120 mm
- Weight of the product is 2 kg
- The product consumes a power supply of 7V, 2 Amps or SMPS power supply of 6V
- A 3.2 Ah rechargeable battery is also supported but is optional
- Printing of bills is done with the built-in 1*57 mm thermal printer
- Maximum printer speed is 50 mm/sec
- Up to 2000 PLUs and 40 departments are available
- A raised and membrane keyboard is supplied
- The manual has 25 function keys, six hotkeys and termination keys
- Product has zero maintenance with low servicing costs
- A 1-year product warranty is available on the product
- The non-stop billing ability of the machine gives it the tags for effective and efficient usage.
- The machine can work for 24*7 as it can work both on the battery as well as a power supply.
- Operator and customer display is of 6+8 alphanumeric LCD
- The machine can be connected to RS-232 & PS2 for barcode, PC, scale, drawer
- Easy to install and has no installation hassles
- A limit on the entry for 2000 items might be a shortage for a few business places dealing with more goods.
With the advent of technology, more efficient and advanced billing machines are being developed, which will make the whole buying experience a lot easier.
Every trading business be it a small retail shop, a world-famous restaurant, or a factory, a billing machine is essential for keeping the smooth flow of work intact.