Best Billing Machine – Speedy and Efficient Bill Generation
In this fast and speedy progressive world, no one likes to wait in the long queues for billing purposes. With the digital impact and innovation, Billing Machines have been invented to cut short those queues and save time. Every small or large store or commercial business requires receipts for which billing machines are essential. The improvised billing machines are incorporated with automatic and advanced settings which help in speedy and efficient bill generations.
This article will provide every information you need to purchase the right billing machine for your business. We have mentioned the benefits of billing machine, its type available in the market, a comprehensive buying guide to help you and last but not the least our top 8 bill machine.
8 Best Billing Machines
Benefits of Billing machine:
Billing machines are used in a wide range of purposes such as collection, distributions, billing, and ticketing. It can be used in a restaurant, parking lot, toll booths, small shops, etc. Printing receipt or any bill of sale is done with minimum efforts with billing machine.
Billing machines prevents any error that generally occurs in social work. Once the required information is fed into the system, it prints the same, without having to put efforts in each new bill.
Billing machines can be easily connected to the computer, cash drawers, a barcode scanner. Newer models have wifi enabling feature that connects with the internet. Devices also have the USB port to communicate with cell phones, pc or laptop, which help in getting things done faster.
Supports plastic money
Billing machines allow swiping of credit and debit card. With newer rules and promotion of using plastic money, this machine helps businesses and customers with day-to-day purchase activities.
With a printing speed of 200mm/sec billing machine make the billing process faster, which is good for business as well as customers since they won’t have to wait for the bill.
Optional External printer
Few billing machine models offer external printer feature so it can be connected to any available printer nearby. The user can use their printer if they wish for a better print.
Types of Billing Machines
Electronic billing machines
The machines which can be moved from place to place are of this kind. The handheld machines or the bus ticketing machines are examples of this kind.
Bus ticketing machine
Card swipe machine
Billing Machine Buyer’s Guide
Almost all the billing machines come with a display bar for displaying the amount entered. This bar will help in displaying product details, keeping a look on the amount subtracted or added to the bill while the bill gets processed in the machine, showing error messages, etc. Hence, having a display bar on the billing machine is helpful as well as essential.
The number of sale items that can be stored at a time is also very essential. This requires a memory slot in the billing machines, especially for the automatic machines. Hence, for large and relevant businesses to carry on, billing machines need a memory slot with adequate memory space.
The keypad varies from machine to machine. Some of them have buttons to press while some of them have a touch display. A check must be kept on the buttons which helps to enter amount details for the bills.
Count on bills
For increasing the machine’s efficiency and sometimes for security purposes, the number of invoices printed under a minute should be taken into account. The more the frequency, the better is the efficiency of the billing machine.
8 Best Billing Machines
1. Epson TM-T82II
Epson offers multiple billing machines to choose from. This model from Epson is designed in such a way that installation, use, and its maintenance is easy. It has a USB port and offers parallel POS printer making it hassle-free for you to handle and process it.
- It Offers print speed of maximum 200mm per sec.
- Product height is 20 cm, width is 40 cm and weighs 1.7 kg
- Its dimensions are 49.3 x 40 x 30 cm.
- The printer can be operated on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, virtual port driver, OPOS, OPOS for .NET, and Java.
- Adopter, power cable, interface cable, wall hanging bracket, and rubber feet are included.
- Offers auto-cutter feature, with a lifespan of 1.5 million cuts.
- Printer lifespan is of 15 million lines.
- The machine can be mounted horizontally as well as vertically, adjusting to available space.
- With wall mount given it can be easily installed.
- It has a waterproof power switch cover.
- This machine does not have a LAN port.
2. Everycom EC-58 58mm USB Direct Thermal Printer
EC58BLK from everycom has a direct USB port for faster functioning, making your daily business work faster. With low power consumption and low operating cost, this model is a practical choice.
- Offers fast printing speed of 120 mm per sec for both text and graphics.
- Supports scanning of 1d, 2d barcode.
- Supports Windows XP / 7/ 8/ 10/ Linux android / ios (SDK Need To Be Integrated )
- It is compatible with Epson ESC/pos and supports ESC / pos print instruction mode
- The machine is compatible with Android as well as IOS
- Allows using the machine while it’s charging with its built-in power supply.
- Allows using the machine while it’s charging with its built-in power supply.
- Can download the logo and its printing.
- The machine weighs only 0.75 kg makes it super lightweight.
- Line spaces can be adjusted as per the user’s requirement.
- Bluetooth connectivity has issues.
- Not suitable for the Android device.
- No auto-cutter feature on the machine.
3. WEP BP-85T Standalone Restaurant Billing Machine
The WEP BP-85T Standalone Billing Machine serves its applications at bakeries, restaurants, coffee shops, vending machines, canteens and likewise places. Its provisions for tax calculations and PC connectivity make it an attractive one to opt for.
- Product dimensions are 22.9*14*12.7 cm
- The product weighs 3 kg
- The material of the product is ABS plastic
- Product requires a power supply of 8.8 V D.C. and 2.6 A
- Has storage of 2000 entries
- PC connectivity is allowed
- Connectable to a bar-code scanner
- The printing method of the bill is thermal line printing
- The printing speed of the machine is 40 mm/sec
- Maximum diameter of paper roll size is 75 mm
- The machine is equipped with sensors for paper out and cover open
- The machine covers a 6-month onsite swap type warranty
- The billing machine has the capability of tax and discount calculation, which reduces labor.
- PC connectivity is not mandatory.
- The keypad on the machine can be used to feed the item into the machine manually.
- The strict limit of 2000 entries might be a shortage for some purposes.
4. Casio PCR-T 500 Electronic Cash Register
A stylish look with the great functional feature is the Casio PCR-T 500 Electronic Cash Register. Its large display makes it stand out and draw attention among the lot.
- Dimensions of the product are 14.10*13*8 inches
- The product weighs 6.5 kg
- Product has a 10-line LCD
- The machine is provided with a raised keyboard having 25 department keys
- Up to 3000 PLU’s are available
- A 2*2 built-in popup customer display is provided
- An SD card slot is available for program backup/reload
- Paper load thermal printer prints the bills
- A small cash drawer for four bill/8 coins is supplied
- 2 AA batteries are required for the machine
- The display is tilt-able for better viewing.
- The department keys allotted to the machine can be used to preset prices or enter prices manually, allowing the retailer to categorize their entry inputs.
- The functions of the machine might seem challenging to operate without the guidelines.
- A track on the usage of batteries needs to be kept as it does not run on the power supply.
5. Aisworld Electronic Cash Register Machine
The Aisworld Electronic Cash Register Machine has a very wide and detailed keypad for a better utilization of the machine and can also make entries for about 7000 products. Hence, this product is a good option for trade businesses including the number of goods to deal with.
- Product dimension is 372*342*238 mm
- It is equipped with the main display of 128*64 LCD & customer display of 8 digits LED
- Keyboard has 81 multi-functional keys
- The machine can add up to 7000 products
- High-speed thermal printing is supported
- The printing speed of the device is 90 mm/sec
- Specification of the print paper is 57*50 mm thermal paper
- Product has a UV lamp with a currency detector
- A cash drawer is equipped with the product
- A USB port is given to connect the bar-code scanner, printer or other peripherals
- The machine can communicate with PC and manage database
- A 1-year manufacturer warranty is on the product
- The machine can print different types of reports including day, month, purchase & sales, canceled bills, and wise stock report.
- This product also has the software which supports the reprint of the last receipt.
- The product does not run on batteries, which might be a problem during power cuts.
6. TVS E PT-262 Cash Register
The company Analog Comtech Pvt. Ltd. has come up with their billing machine TVS E PT-262 to work under the most challenging terrains. For the Indian retailers who prefer an electronic register instead of a personal computer, this machine is the perfect option.
- Dimensions of the product are 355*231*120 mm
- Weight of the product is 2 kg
- The product consumes a power supply of 7V, 2 Amps or SMPS power supply of 6V
- A 3.2 Ah rechargeable battery is also supported but is optional
- Printing of bills is done with the built-in 1*57 mm thermal printer
- Maximum printer speed is 50 mm/sec
- Up to 2000 PLUs and 40 departments are available
- A raised and membrane keyboard is supplied
- The manual has 25 function keys, six hotkeys and termination keys
- Operator and customer display is of 6+8 alphanumeric LCD
- The machine can be connected to RS-232 & PS2 for barcode, PC, scale, drawer
- Easy to install and has no installation hassles
- Product has zero maintenance with low servicing costs
- A 1-year product warranty is available on the product
- The non-stop billing ability of the machine gives it the tags for effective and efficient usage.
- The machine can work for 24*7 as it can work both on the battery as well as a power supply.
- A limit on the entry for 2000 items might be a shortage for a few business places dealing with more goods.
7. 3000 Table Top Cash Register (LCD Screen)
The Pixel DP Cash Register is widely used in restaurants, hotels, fast food outlets, and all kinds of trade business places. It comes loaded with features, which makes it very useful and cost-effective.
- Product has a height of 19 cm, the width of 30 cm and a depth of 19 cm
- The product weighs 6000 gm
- It falls in the category of tabletop machines
- The processor of the machine is TwinPOS
- Product material is of plastic
- An LCD screen of 10 cm is provided for display
- An A.C. power source of 30 W is required
- Printer type of the machine is thermal
- The machine has a port type of USB
- Paper width for bills is 8 cm
- Machine is provided with price levels, currency and memory settings
- The product covers a 1-year company domestic warranty
- A locking facility is embedded in this machine.
- The provision of inbuilt memory saves the effort of supplying the machine with external memory space.
- A pen-drive, a thermal paper roll, and a cable are supplied with the product.
- The warranty of the product is limited to manufacturing defects only.
- The product does not come with a rechargeable battery, which makes it difficult to handle during a shortage of power supply.
8. Softland India Limited Hand Held Billing Machine
A rugged, lightweight, and suitable for rough environment billing machine is the Softland India Limited Hand Held Billing Machine. It falls under the category of handheld machines and is widely used as bus ticketing machines. Its features like thermal printing, SMS facilities, and embedded GPRS module makes it a preferable one.
- Dimensions of the product are 24*4*7.5 cm
- Weight of the product is 500 to 600 gm (depends on printer & battery)
- The processor of the machine is ARM 7 series
- The operating system of the machine is SIL OS
- A 128*64 graphical LCD with backlight is provided
- Product has a 32 Col,2” thermal printer
- Paper roll size has to be 56 mm in width,33 mm in diameter &14.5m in length
- A 30 key keypad with alphanumeric and tactile is provided
- Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are required for the machine
- The machine has a program memory of 512 kb flash and data memory of 8MB
- PC interface of the machine includes USB port and GPRS
- Windows 11 is supported as the host system
- Machine has the features of a GPRS module and SMS
- A 1-year warranty is provided on the product from the day of dispatch
- A 6-months warranty is provided on battery and printer
- Online support is provided for easy and convenient installation and training of the machine.
- The master and user password protection feature of this machine helps to maintain secrecy.
- The PC side utility of the product helps the owner with easy access and operation on the machine.
- The warranty does not cover damages due to mishandling or on the USB cables and other consumables.
With the advent of technology, more efficient and advanced billing machines are being developed, which will make the whole buying experience a lot easier. Every trading business be it a small retail shop, a world-famous restaurant, or a factory, a billing machine is essential for keeping the smooth flow of work intact.