Best Hand Dryers in India
Wouldn’t it be great if a simple act of drying hands after washing can prevent cutting down of trees, reduce global warming, and save our environment? A hand dryer makes it possible.
An automatic hand dryer does away with the need for using paper towels or tissue papers. Thus, it contributes to the saving of trees and helps in maintaining our planet greener and sustainable.
It provides a fast and efficient way of drying your hands. As it uses warmer air for drying the hands, it also sanitizes them.
It helps in maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the washroom with its non-touch and contact-less functionality.
7 Best Hand Dryers In India
Types of Hand Dryers
To provide the best to its customers, manufacturers have some options and substitutes available for every product. When it comes to hand dryers, three types are available
- The HANDS – UNDER dryer
- The HANDS – IN dryer
- The V – SHAPED BLADE hand dryer
The Hands Under Dryer
As the name suggests, these dryers work by placing the hands under the dryer.
The design and features of hands under dryers are such that when a person places his hands under the dryer, it has automatic sensors that start to function as soon as it senses the hands.
The traditional dryers had buttons that a person had to press while using. This type of dryer blows hot air in a downward direction.
A person has to move his hands alternately in ‘palm – up, palm – down’ position to catch the last few drops of water left before leaving the place.
You should make sure not to rub hands under the dryer as it promotes the spread of bacteria.
The Hands – in Dryer
The hands in dryer is the latest invention available. This type of dryer is considered to be user-friendly and effective in the market.
In this type of hand dryer, the air is blown from both sides of the jet, so you don’t have to turn your hands over while drying them.
The motion sensor will not go off even when you move your hands back and forth or up and down. Also, the dryer’s position is such that you can watch your hands getting dry from above.
Most hands in dryers have special features such as lights and timers, which helps to know when you should withdraw your hands from the dryer.
The V – Shaped Blade Hand Dryer
When you use this type of dryer, you have to make sure that you put your hands under the dryer in the shape and direction of the blades to get your hands dried properly.
You may find these dryers similar to the underhand dryers because these too blow air in a single direction and thus you have to move your palm in an upward and backward direction.
How Do You Select the Right Hand-Dryer?
The paper towels or napkins used for wiping wet hands are most customers’ choices. Only a few might know the advantages of having hand dryers.
They seem to be costly, but if you think practically, they are one time investments, unlike the paper napkins which can be used only once and then need to be thrown away.
Paper napkins might cost you more, need to be bought frequently, and are not good for the environment, leading to littering.
The following points are to be considered when you plan to buy a hand dryer :
When it comes to being energy-efficient, high-speed dryers perform much better than other traditional options. One benefit of the automatic hand dryers is that they are designed in such a way that they are on only when in use.
Automatic hand dryers are the most commonly opted choice of today as they provide less consumption of energy.
Competitors in the market claim to provide eco-friendly products and are designed especially for the less consumption of energy.
Also, the hand dryers which do not use a heating element will consume less energy. They blow out air directly without heating it.
No matter what type of product you buy, make sure that you are saving your money and contributing towards maintaining a cleaner environment.
Even the smallest step counts in supporting the world to be a better place to live in.
Functionality or power is indirectly related to speed. It is not always necessary that a dryer that offers more efficacy would use more energy.
These dryers dry hands in no time and indeed add up to the low cost of energy. A product that uses high power offers results more instantly than the others.
While comparing the hand dryers, speed is the most important aspect. Bathrooms provide relaxation, but it is not necessarily a place where a person wants to spend his precious time.
People would not be willing to wait for more than 20 seconds to dry their hands in front of the dryer. There are many products available at affordable prices that provide quick results.
It must be understood that any machine that has been designed to blow out air is going to make a loud noise. It has been observed that most of the traditional products using less power are quieter than the advanced ones.
One thing that is to be looked after in such cases is that the dryers should be placed at places where noise would not be an issue of concern.
This depends on the places where the hand dryers are to be used. A school wouldn’t require the same durability level compared to that of a working office or movie theatres and malls.
When it comes to using the product for rough use, a dryer that withstands heavier usage can be bought to have the best experience.
Most of the hand dryers are sturdy nowadays, but some hold up better than others.
Almost every quality hand dryer assured comes with a warranty. You should choose a product that offers a higher period of warranty.
Germs are an issue of concern as they bring diseases.
Automatic dryers are the best in maintaining hygiene as no button is to be touched for usage. This reduces the effect of the spread of bacteria.
To ensure that the air blown on palms is sanitized and free from bacteria, most hand dryers use HEPA filters.
During product installation, every firm or individual should follow the guidelines to use the product. Read the guidelines properly and make sure you are following them to avoid any mishaps.
Everyone should be able to access the hand dryer comfortably whether it is a child, elderly, or a disabled person. Keep this in mind while setting up your hand dryer.
Although the design is not a very important factor while buying a hand dryer, a good design will make a good impression on your visitors and customers.
Price is one of the important factors while buying a hand dryer.
This depends on what kind of hand dryer you want to offer to your visitors or use at your home. If you are looking for a basic model, you should go with the lower cost one as it is affordable and easy to use.
If the hand dryers are to be used in places like hotels or offices, then those with higher costs would be worth buying. It is important to know where the hand dryer will be used.
If your usage is light and is around 200-500 dries per day, you should consider a low-cost hand dryer, but you might have to buy a high-cost hand dryer if you will need it for heavy usage.
If you want to have more benefits, you can go with the other costlier ones that offer infrared sensors, automatic dryers, and products that provide quick results while surviving for a longer run.
Top 7 Best Hand Dryers In India
1. Allextreme Hand Dryer
The Allextreme hand dryer automatic sensor has got multiple benefits in a single machine. It is an advanced, modern, and ideal hand hygiene appliance with superb durability and easy installation and operations.
This product is specially designed to consume less time and provide the best results.
- The product releases warm air automatically when a person places his hands below the dryer
- Weighs around 1.5 kg
- It can be mounted on the wall
- Product size: 28.6 x 18 x 5 cms
- Designed to be used in bathrooms and restrooms
- It has got a shockproof strengthened casing
- It also has the easiest operations and installation
- Takes only up to 5-10 seconds to dry
- Based on no-touch operations
- Noise generated is minimal
- No negative points were observed so far
2. Dolphy Hand Dryer
The Dolphy automatic jet hand dryer is super fast in nature and provides excellent results. It can be installed in colleges, malls, theatres, and offices.
It protects hands against environmental bacteria through its special antibacterial feature. It has an electric shock safeguard that provides you resistance against shocks.
- Automatic jet hand dryer voltage: 220V(50Hz-60Hz)
- Rated power: 1000W
- Dry hands time: 5-9 Sec
- Airspeed : >95m/s
- Water splash proof: Ipx1
- Electric-shock safeguard
- Blowing rate: 100m/s
- Blowing Volume: 90m3/h
- Motor speed : 25000r/min
- Material: ABS
- Antibacterial treatment feature helps to have clean and sanitary hands throughout the day
- Good design & easy installation help you from the beginning
- Drying time is very quick
- Touch-free infrared activation
- Can be quite loud when being used
3. Zesta Air Hand Dryer
Zesta automatic warm air hand dryer is an innovative gadget that ensures efficient and quick hand drying. It is designed to suit the modern lifestyle.
It has a higher rated power usage of 2000 watts. It saves electricity consumption by automatically shutting off once the user removes his/her hands.
- It employs an infra-red sensor for detecting the user’s hands. It features electrical and temperature sensors for enhanced safety
- It is easy to mount on the wall and it provides long-lasting usage
- It has an operating voltage of 220 – 240V AC with 50Hz frequency and 1850 watts power
- It provides warm airspeed output of 103 m/s and a noise level of 82dba at 1 meter
- It has an air output temperature of 25 degrees celsius and an ambient temperature of 20 degrees celsius.
- It comes with 2800 rpm, dual ball bearings, and brush type motor
- It provides effective thermal protection with an auto-resetting thermostat that turns the unit off
- It comes with a 350W heater element and sensor range of 100 mm
- It features infrared automatic and self-adjusting circuit operation
- It takes 60 seconds to auto-shutoff. It provides class 11 double insulated isolation
- It provides hygienic touch-free operation
- It is designed for drying excess water from your hands quickly
- It comes with a noise absorption module that reduces the noise level effectively
- It is constructed from burn-proof ABS plastic
- It features a stylish and ergonomic design that boosts the look of your bathroom
- No negative points were observed so far.
4. Excel Hand Dryer
The Excel Xlerator series is the first high-speed hand dryer launched in the market and high quality. This is the USA made product which is backed by a 5-year extreme warranty.
It also has an ECO model available for the consumers. This is the second generation of this dryer. The product is thermally protected, and gentle heat is provided through a long-life NiChrome heating element.
- It takes less than 10 secs to dry hands
- Adjustable speed and heat control
- HEPA Filtration System has proven to remove 99.97% of potentially present bacteria
- High-speed dryer
- Sensor-based dryer
- 35-second safety shut off in case of sensor tampering or malfunction
- Suitable in kitchens, offices, bathrooms and all sorts of public places
- Eco-friendly handsfree machine
- Saves electrical consumption
5. Delacrox Hand Dryer
The Dealcrox automatic hand dryer machine can help you save space for extra paper napkins and towels while travelling and reduce the efforts needed in washing them.
The automatic features make it smart as well as convenient to use. It has been created with a single goal in mind – ‘to make the smart life easier’.
- Power consumption is about 1800 W
- The voltage varies up to 200 – 240 V, 50 Hz
- Induction distance is about 5 mm – 20 mm
- Easy installation and operation helps in easy accessibility
- Wind temperature ranges to 65ºC ± 15ºC
- Powerful enough to dry your hands within 20 seconds
- Sensor sensitivity
- Long-life design
- Does not come with a warranty
6. Dolphy Hand Dryer
To dry hands in the best possible way and maintain hygiene, the Dolphy unique design hand dryer is a good product. The product is designed uniquely with its attractive blue LED lights.
Also, one cannot miss the two waves feature of it. Affordable and easily accessible to use, this machine can be used everywhere – hotels, offices, hospitals, malls, etc.
- Consists of both – hot wave and cold waves for drying
- Rated power is 1800 w
- Voltage : 220V (50Hz-60Hz)
- Takes up to 15 – 18 sec to dry
- Unique design with blue LED light
- Sensor operated machine
- Made of ABS material
- Easy to access
- Touchless device
- Water splash proof
- The material of the hand dryer could be better
7. Dolphy Jet Hand Dryer
Small and compact dryers that can be used at places where there is less load. For large places, Dolphy automatic jet dryer is a good product to go for.
Its super-fast drying technology doesn’t consume a lot of time for the consumers and thus is made for large-scale purposes.
- Made from the sturdy ABS material
- Power consumption is: 1450 W
- Induction distance of the product is 5 mm – 20 mm
- The speed of airflow is 80 m/s
- Temperature varies from 65 ± 15°C
- The blowing volume of the jet dryer is 150m³/h
- The motor speed of the product is 27000r/min
- The product is water splash-proof, IPX1
- Effective and quick-drying within 12 seconds
- Unique design
- Can be mounted on the wall
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does an automatic hand dryer take to dry hands?
An average automatic hand dryer takes about 20 to 25 seconds to dry hands.
However, with the latest and advanced technology, many high-end hand drying machines can do the job in around 10 to 15 seconds.
2. What is the average life of a hand dryer?
Average hand dryers should last between seven to ten years. The ones that are made with sturdier materials can last longer.
3. Are all hand dryers noisy?
The high end and high-speed hand dryers come with the latest technology, which reduces the noise level but will still make a little bit of noise.
4. Are hand dryers really safe to use?
Yes, the certified and approved dryers are safe to use.
They come with the best quality filters that kill the microbes and bacteria. You can use hand dryers at schools, offices, cafes’, malls, or other commercial places.
Serving as an eco-friendly and efficient alternative to tissues and towels, hand dryers have become hugely popular.
They require a one-time investment and provides long-lasting usage for years, unlike paper towels required to be disposed of after every use. They do not contribute to litter or waste in the washroom like paper tissues or towels.
Considering the numerous benefits of hand dryers, it’s time you should embrace this futuristic technology and make your bid for maintaining a greener planet.