Best Hand Dryers in India
By now, we all know the importance of washing hands. Along with washing hands frequently, drying them is also essential.
A paper towel or tissue is a common way for drying our hands, however, the invention of hand dryers have changed the game.
It is a perfect substitute for tissues and towels. They are cost-effective in long years and also helps in saving the trees used for producing paper towels.
Hand dryers can save up to 15 billion trees every year. With climate change, this type of technology is much needed for our existence.
In this article, you will find the different types of hand dryers available, the benefits of hand dryers, how to install a hand dryer.
8 Best Hand Dryers In India
TYPES OF HAND DRYERS
To provide the best to its customers, the manufacturers have some options and substitutes available for every product. When it comes to hand dryers, it has three types available under its category. They are :
- The ‘HANDS – UNDER‘ dryer
- The ‘HANDS – IN‘ dryer
- The ‘V – SHAPED BLADE‘ hand dryer
THE ‘HANDS UNDER ‘ DRYER
As the name suggests, these dryers work by placing the hands under the dryer.
The design and features of hands under dryers are such that when a person places his hands under the dryer, it has automatic sensors that start to function as soon as it senses the hands beneath it.
The traditional dryers had buttons that a person had to press while using. This type of dryer blows hot air in a downward direction.
So a person has to move his hands alternately in ‘palm – up, palm – down’ position to catch the last few drops of water left before leaving the place.
One should make sure not to rub hands under the dryer as it promotes the spread of bacteria.
THE ‘HANDS – IN ‘ DRYER
The ‘HANDS – IN ‘ dryer is the latest invention. This type of dryer is considered to be user-friendly and effective in the market.
One may not find them to be intuitive at the beginning, but don’t lose hope so early as this would be the product you might want to have later.
In this type of hand dryer, the air is blown from both the sides of the jet.
So a person doesn’t have to turn his hands over while drying them. The one motion sensor would not turn off even when you move your hands back and forth or up and down.
Also, the position of the dryer is such that you can watch your hands getting dry from above.
Most of the ‘hands in’ dryers have special features such as lights and timers which helps to know the time where you should withdraw your hands from the dryer.
THE ‘V – SHAPED BLADE ‘ HAND DRYER
The V-shaped air jets on the dryer seem to point in the outward position, and hence people develop thinking that the water will blowback on their hands. But the process is the exact opposite.
To let the water droplets out of the dryer, it is designed such that the blades blow air out directly.
When you use this type of dryer, you have to make sure that you put your hands under the dryer in the shape and direction of the blades so that you get your hands dried appropriately.
In that way, much of your palm portion will be exposed to the dryer and the process would be faster.
You may find these dryers similar to the ‘ underhand ‘ dryers because these too blow air in a single direction and thus you have to move your palm in an upward and backward direction.
HOW DO YOU SELECT THE RIGHT HAND-DRYER FOR YOU?
The paper towels or napkins that are used for wiping the hands-off after washing them is the choice of most of the customers. But only a few might know the advantages of having hand dryers.
They seem to be costly, but if seen practically, they are one time investments, unlike the paper napkins which can be used only one time and then needs to be thrown away.
Paper napkins might cost you more, needs to be bought frequently, and also is not good for the environment as it also promotes litter in most of the cases.
If you are providing your customers with only one option then now its time to change the old methods and invest in something good, it is time to save your hard-earned money and reduce the production of wastes on a large scale.
Following points are to be considered when you plan to buy a hand dryer :
Price is one of the important factors while buying a hand dryer. Hand dryers price varies from around Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 60,000.
This depends on what kind of hand dryer you want to offer to your visitors or use at your home.
If you are looking for a basic model, then you should go with the one with lower costs as it would be affordable and easy to use in the kitchen.
If the hand dryers are to be used in places like hotels or the offices, then the ones with higher costs would be worth buying.
Know what is the usage of the hand dryer. If your usage is light that is something around 200-500 dries per day than you should consider low-cost hand dryers, but if you have heavy usage, you might have to buy high-cost hand dryers.
But again, you should keep in mind that high-cost hand dryer does not necessarily mean that they have low running cost.
The models that cost you low would get the task done but cannot offer anything extra.
If you want to have more benefits, then you can go with the other costlier ones that offer infrared sensors, automatic dryers and the product that provides quick results along with being able to survive for a longer run.
Hence, in most of the cases, the more you pay, the more are the benefits.
When it comes to being energy-efficient, high-speed dryers perform much better than other traditional options.
One benefit of the auto hand dryers is that they are designed such that they are on only when in use and thus, this helps to save much of the energy.
Automatic hand dryers are the most commonly opted choice of today as they provide less consumption of energy.
Competitors in the market claim to provide products that are eco-friendly and are designed especially for the less consumption of energy.
Also, the hand dryers which do not use the heating element will consume less energy. They blow out the air directly without heating it.
No matter what type of product you buy or for which purpose you use it, the one thing you will always be sure of is that you are saving your money as well as contributing towards maintaining a cleaner environment.
Even the smallest step counts in supporting the world to be a greener place to live.
Functionality or Power is indirectly related to speed. It is not always necessary that a dryer that offers more efficacy would use more energy.
These dryers dry the hands in no time and indeed add up to cost low on energy.
Most of the hand dryers using high energy produce a loud noise, but it happens to be that most of the customers enjoyed that 10 seconds of loud noise too.
A product that uses high power offers results more instantly than the others.
While comparing the hand dryers, speed is the most looked after aspect for an individual. Bathrooms do provide relaxation, but it is not a place where a person wants to spend his precious time.
People would not be willing to wait for more than 20 seconds in front of the dryer, drying their hands.
It would not make a lot of difference between 10 and 40 seconds in a lot of contexts, but it is counted mostly when it comes to getting out of the bathrooms.
There are many products available between affordable prices that provide quicker results.
It must be understood that any machine that has been designed to blow out air is going to make a loud noise.
It has been observed that most of the traditional products using less power are quieter than the expensive ones.
One thing that is to be looked after in such cases is that the dryers should be placed in such places where noise would not be an issue of concern.
Some machines have higher-end adjustable motors so that the power can be turned down for quieter performances.
There is no such technology designed yet that provides efficient working with lesser noise.
Noise can be neglected at some point in time when it comes to having a product with a higher speed.
This depends on the places where the hand dryers are to be used. A school wouldn’t require the same level of durability as compared to that of a working office or movie theatres and malls.
When it comes to using the product for rough use, then a dryer withstands to make heavier usage can be bought to have the best.
Most of the hand dryers are sturdy nowadays, but some hold up better than others. Almost every quality assured product comes with a warranty.
So you should choose a product that offers a higher period of warranty.
Germs are an issue of concern as they bring diseases. Most of the germs often attack in the bathrooms and al such related places.
We are taught to wash our hands before eating, to wash off all the bacteria that might get into the stomach while eating. Hence, hygiene is a major part of looking into consideration.
Automatic dryers are the best in maintaining hygiene as no button is to be touched for usage.
This reduces the effect of the spread of bacteria. To ensure that the air blown on palms is sanitized and free from bacteria, most of the hand dryers make use of the HEPA filters.
Food joints should be making a note of this point very carefully as more number of people would come to eat meals in a hygienic lace rather than the other options.
During the installation of the product, every firm or individual should follow the guidelines to use the product.
The product should be placed a little higher so that a blind would not bump into it when it is about the commercial hand dryers, which are placed low on the ground and need not be worried about.
All should have access to a hand dryer. Everyone, children, older people as well as disabled ones should be able to use hand dryers.
Although the design is not a very important factor while buying a hand dryer, a good design will make a good impression on your visitors and customers.
Top 8 Best Hand Dryers In India
1. AllExtreme Automatic Hand Dryer
The All Extreme Hand dryer automatic sensor has got multiple benefits in a single machine. It is the kind of product you would be looking for in-hand dryers.
It is a very advanced, modern, and ideal hand hygiene appliance and equipment among any other product features with superb durability and easy installation and operations.
This product is specially designed to consume less time and provide the best results.
- The product releases warm air automatically when a person places his hands below the dryer.
- Infrared sensors in the dryer help to detect the hands below the dryer.
- Voltage is 200 – 240 V
- It can be mounted on the wall.
- It has got a US plug type.
- Product size: 9.36 x 8.97 x 9.36 inch
- Designed to be used in bathrooms, Restrooms, and toilets.
- It has got a shockproof strengthened casing with low noise pollution.
- It also has the easiest operations and installation.
- Takes only up to 5-10 seconds to dry
- Based on no-touch operations
- Noise generated is minimal
- The fan of the dryer may not work at times.
- Comes with a US plug, but that can be overcome by using a three-pin socket.
2. Dolphy Automatic Jet Hand Dryer
The DOLPHY AUTOMATIC JET HAND DRYERS are super fast in nature and provide very good results. These can be installed in colleges, malls, theatres, and Offices.
It provides protection towards the environmental bacteria through its special antibacterial feature. It has an electric shock safeguard that provides you resistance against electric shocks.
- Automatic Jet hand Dryer Voltage: 220V(50Hz-60Hz)
- Rated power: 1000W
- Dry hands time: 5-9 Sec
- Warranty: 12 months
- Airspeed : >95m/s
- Water splash proof: Ipx1
- Current: 4A
- Electric-shock safeguard
- Blowing rate: 100m/s
- Blowing Volume: 90m3/h
- Motor speed : 25000r/min
- Dimensions : W248 x D165 x H470MM
- Material: ABS material
- Antibacterial Treatment feature helps to have clean and sanitary hands throughout the day.
- Legerity design & easy installation helps you from the beginning.
- Quickly drying helps to reduce time.
- Ultra speedy dry time.
- Touch-free infrared activation.
- Does not take noise pollution into consideration.
3. Excel XLERATOR XL-BW Hand Dryer
The XLERATOR series is the first high-speed hand dryer launched in the market and along with high quality is continuing its leadership position.
This is the USA made product which is backed by a 5-year extreme warranty. Once you buy it, you would realize that there is no other product like it.
It also has an ECO model available for the consumers. This is the second generation of this dryer.
The product is thermally protected, and gentle heat is provided through a long-life NiChrome heating element.
- Excellent performance, It takes less than * secs to dry hands.
- Adjustable speed and low sound
- 208-277 Volt 50/60 Hz
- You can Adjust speed – high, Medium, low and off
- HEPA Filtration System has proven to remove 99.97% of potentially present bacteria
- Environment-friendly saves money and time.
- High-speed dryer
- Sensor-based dryer
- 35 second safety shut off in case of sensor tampering or malfunction
- Suitable in kitchens, offices, bathrooms and all sorts of public places
- Eco-friendly handsfree machine
- Saves 85% of electrical consumption
- Does not mention curbing noise pollution
- Very costly
4. Delacrox New Automatic Hand Dryer Machine
Hand dryers are usually kept hanging on the walls of our offices, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. But what if you can carry a hand dryer along with you to the place you travel. Wouldn’t it be great?
If you are wondering whether it is possible or not, then let me inform you, yes! it is indeed possible with the Dealcrox New And Best Quality Automatic Hand Dryer Machine.
This machine can help you save the space for extra paper napkins and towels while traveling and reduce the efforts needed in washing them.
The automatic features make it smart as well as convenient to use. It has been created with a single goal in mind – ‘TO MAKE THE SMART LIFE EASIER.’
- Power consumption is about 1800 W
- Voltage varies up to 200 – 240 V, 50 Hz
- Induction Distance is about 5 mm – 20 mm
- Easy installation and operation helps in easy accessibility
- Wind Temperature ranges to 65ºC ± 15ºC
- Powerful enough to dry your hands within 20 to 30 seconds
- Saves more than 70% of energy than other conventional dryers.
- Sensor sensitivity
- Long life design
- Cannot be used in busy working places
- Suitable only for household or small cafes
5. Pivalo Automatic Hand Dryer
The PIVALO AUTOMATIC HAND DRYER is specially designed for easy accessibility and longer durability. Regarding performance, the product makes it up to the mark. The features are designed for huge longevity.
The product can be helpful to you if you are looking for a hand dryer in the least affordable budget.
- Available in white color
- Made from ABS material
- Power Supply varies from 200-240V 50HZ
- Rated Power is 1800W
- Air Temperature lies between 60±15
- Wind Speed approximately is 15m/sec
- Induction Distance is 120mm
- Delay Time can take up to 5 sec
- Product Size: 270 X 280 X 260mm
- Huge in terms of longevity
- Great Performance and maintains hygiene
- Made especially for Quick installation and easy to access
- Consists of a whisper-like operation
- The material isn’t up to the desired requirements
- May get affected by water as it isn’t waterproof
6. Dolphy Black Automatic Hand Dryer
To dry the hands in the best possible way and to maintain hygiene, The Dolphy Unique Design Hand Dryer is the best product.
The product is designed uniquely with its attractive blue LED lights. Also one cannot miss the two waves feature of it.
Affordable and easily accessible to use, this machine can be used everywhere – Hotels, Offices, Hospitals, Malls, etc.
- Consists of both – hot wave and cold waves for drying.
- Rated power is of 1800 w
- Voltage : 220V (50Hz-60Hz)
- Takes up to 15 – 18 sec to dry
- Unique design with blue LED light
- Sensor operated machine
- Made of the ABS material
- Easy to access
- Contains both the waves
- Quick actions
- Touchless device
- Water splash proof
- Produces loud noise while functioning
- Compact design
- Cheap quality plastic material
7. Spartan Two Waves Automatic Hand Dryer
Nobody would love to spend a lot of their time in the washroom areas drying their hands under the dryers. Thus, Spartan hand dryer range has come up with the fastest technology that dries your hands within a fraction of seconds.
The product is designed specially to help sanitize your hands in the least possible time and in the least possible noise produced.
- Automatic on / off features
- Voltage consists of 220V (50Hz-60Hz)
- Rated Power: 1800 W.
- The current required is 4A.
- Electric-shock safeguard.
- Blowing Rate is of 100m/s.
- Blowing Volume is 90m3/h.
- Motor Speed goes up to 2000r/min.
- The installation type is – Wall mounted.
- Time taken to dry the hands is 10s dry hands.
- AirSpeed ranges to greater than 15m/s.
- Water splash proof product
- Dimensions of the product are 248 x 230 x 250 mm.
- Material: ABS plastic material
- The high-speed feature helps to dry your hands within seconds
- Ideal for hospitals where loud noise is prohibited
- Affordable price to buy
- High-speed functioning
- Rust free
- Wear and tear-free
- Consists of a low noise system
- Energy efficient
- Doesn’t ensure the complete removal of germs
- One wave drying feature
8. Dolphy High-Speed Jet Automatic Hand Dryer- White
The compact driers cannot satisfy in crowded and busy areas. They are good for small scale purposes. Dolphy automatic jet dryer is the best product for such purposes.
Its super-fast drying technology doesn’t consume a lot of time of the consumers and thus is made for large-scale purposes.
- Two Waves ( Cold & Hot Waves ) Technology
- Made from the ABS material
- Power consumption is: 1450 W
- The voltage required is 220 V ( 50Hz – 60Hz )
- Induction Distance of the product is 5 mm – 20 mm
- The speed of airflow is 80 m/s
- Temperature varies from 65 ± 15°C
- Blowing volume of the jet dryer is 150m³/h
- Current flow required is 3 – 7A
- Motor speed of the product is 27000r/min
- The product is water splash-proof, IPX1
- Takes about 10-12 Seconds of drying time
- Effective drying
- Eco-friendly in nature
- Two waves technology
- Unique design
- Can be mounted on the wall
- The jet dryer produces a lot of noise
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any risk while using a hand dryer?
If the hand dryer is not automatic, it can be hygienic as it is touched by other users. It is advisable to go for automatic hand dryers that work from a distance without people touching it.
2. How long does an automatic hand dryer takes to dry hands?
An average automatic hand dryer takes about 40 – 45 seconds to effectively dry the hands. However, with the latest and advanced technology, many high-end hand drying machines can do the job in around 10 to 15 seconds.
3. What is the average life of a hand dryer?
Average hand dryers last between seven to ten years.
4. Do all hand dryers are noisy?
The high end and high-speed hand dryers come with the latest technology which reduces the noise level.
5. Are hand dryers really safe to use?
Yes, the certified and approved dryers are really safe to use. They come with the best quality filters that kill the microbes and bacterias.
You can use hand dryers at schools, offices, cafes’, malls, or any other commercial places.
Therefore, hand dryers prove to be an efficient way of cleaning and drying the hands in the best possible manner. It also proves to be a very cost-effective, eco-friendly and efficient technology to have along.
If you want to buy a hand dryer for heavy traffic areas like malls or any other public place, I would suggest you buy a Dolphy Automatic Jet Hand Dryer.
These dryers may fit entirely into your budget and help you save your time and efforts. Easy to access and maintain, one can’t miss out on these products.