8 Best Wireless HDMI Video Transmitter
Wireless HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) transmitter is an interface which transmits the high-quality signals in an uncompressed format. Wireless HDMI transmitter is a solution to the problem of cables running in the house. Now, it will be easier to connect your TV using wireless HDMI. Wireless video transmitters. HDMI is easy to carry.
The video signals sent from one device to the other have high definition signals and there will be no delay in transmission. Based on the number of features provided by an HDMI transmitter it is considered as the best HDMI video transmitter. Many HDMI video transmitter works well until and unless there are no obstacles in the path.
The most important feature of HDMI video wireless transmitter is stream range. Also, the HDMI transmitter you are using must compatible with devices. Wireless HDMI provides overall quality improvement and hassle-free setup. Do you know what are streaming devices and where you can use them?
This article will help you make the right purchase with all the information you need like, how it works, why you should get one, the different types of streaming technology available online, and how to set up. Not just this, also check out the buying guide to know the essential features of the HDMI transmitter and our top recommendations. along with a few FAQs
Top 8 Best HDMI Transmitters
How wireless HDMI works?
The HDMI kits have both transmitter and receiver. The transmitter is connected to the source using HDMI cable and receiver is connected to playback device using cables. The signals transmission between them is wireless.
The transmitter sends a high-quality signal to the receiver wireless and the quality of the picture or video obtained is HD. Some HDMI kits offer a feature to connect two or more devices to an HDMI receiver. In that case, it will be difficult to transmit signals through obstacles. Also, make sure that the transmission of signals happens in a secure network. Radio signals are based for transmission in wireless HDMI.
In simple words, HDMI works on both transmitter and receiver. Transmitter sends the stream of data signal wirelessly and the receiver receives the signals and streams them to the TV.
The functionality of the transmitter
- Transmitter connects to a source device like a Blu-ray player, media player, gaming console, laptop, set-top-box.
- The key functionality of the transmitter is to transmit the signals from the source to receiver wireless
The functionality of the receiver kit
- The receiver connects to Television
- The key functionality of the receiver is to receive the signals from the source wireless and display it on TVs. In average, the receiver can receive the signals up to 100 feet without any errors.
Reasons to choose wireless HDMI transmitter
Easy installation and setup
Wireless HDMI transmitter is easy to install and easy to set up. Also, the transmission of the signals is good and uninterrupted. The setup can be done within minutes.
Yes, one of the main reasons to choose HDMI transmitter is because they are wireless. It avoids unnecessary running of cables across the workplace or home so that you place clean, no more wire clutter.
The signals sent will be perfect, and the video signals received are uncompressed. The data received or transmitted is in HD format, and hence, the picture quality and the video quality will be amazing in HD format.
No lengthy cables required for connection
If you want to connect projector or TV from one room to another, then no additional cables are required. Messy wires hanging around our home is ruled out. The wireless HDMI transmitter kits need only minimum cable connection line like connecting the receiver to TV.
The weight of the transmitter
The transmitters are easy to carry and do not weigh much. Moreover, wireless HDMI transmitters are portable. They can be carried anywhere needed if you want to use in your office for presentation purpose you can use them to connect to projectors easily
What are the streaming devices? Where can you use this product?
The streaming devices or streaming media players are the devices that connect home theatre or TV to the internet by allowing to stream the music, photos and other online services. To use this streaming media player one must have HDTV.
In the streaming media, the signals are sent over the internet and immediately played. Moreover, they are not required to be stored in a device. Also, the media sends a continuous stream of data. Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Google chrome cast are the best streaming devices.
The devices can be used for both commercial and home purposes. Commercially they can be used for advertisements, menus, bookings, education, etc. Professionally they can be used in a conference, projector connections, multi-screen displays, etc. Finally, for home, they can be used for an entertainment purpose.
Who should get wireless HDMI video transmitter?
Wireless HDMI is best for the people who want to remove messy wires around there homes or offices.
Also, for them who want to have shared screens or monitors.
Additionally, wireless HDMI is best if you want to see the TV from remote locations. For example, if your source is in the living room and you want to see the TV in the bedroom, then it is possible with wireless HDMI without signals drop.
At the top of all, it is considered best for those who want an excellent quality of HD video and HD audio.
It is best if you want to connect multiple TV to a single source and receive signals simultaneously. For example, you can connect one media player to 6 televisions at a time.
Moreover, wireless HDMI is best for conferences where you can quickly show the powerpoint presentation from the source point.
Last but not least, if you hate the buffers, then wireless HDMI is the solution.
How to setup HDMI transmitter?
To set up you will need both wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver kit and usually, the kits come with both transmitter and receiver. The process for connecting an HDMI port to different devices like Blu-ray players, DVRs, and another media is the same. Turn the power off of the devices before connecting them. Moreover, every HDMI transmitter kit will have a separate user manual and instructions to be followed. However, the basic connections will be the same. The transmitter should be connected to the source part and receiver at output devices. Below mentioned are the common steps to be followed:
- First and foremost, power off the TVs and HDMI adapter which you want to establish a connection.
- Next, plug in the source device to wireless HDMI transmitter using HDMI cable.
- Then connect TVs to your HDMI receiver. You can connect two or more TVs as per your requirement.
- Turn the power on of all the devices including HDMI transmitter, receiver, TVs.
- Finally, setup TV input with TV remote control.
- Use your HDMI transmitter remote control for operating
Types of Streaming Technology
Wireless Home Digital Interface (WHDI)
WHDI enables wireless connectivity for any devices like Blu-ray player, computers, televisions, and audio recorders. Also, it can deliver uncompressed high-quality digital video. Moreover, they support different types of audio and video formats. It’s operating frequency is 5 GHz.However, the range is 30 meters, and latency is less than a millisecond.
It is also known as UltraGig. WirelessHD is a standard for wireless transmission of HD video content for devices used in communication, entertainment, office, and home activities. They operate in different frequency bandwidths. Also, they have low latency and supports 1080p. Moreover, the installation of home theatre is more simplified with the wireless HD.
Intel Wireless Display technology enables streaming photos, music, apps, videos from compatible devices. Also, it supports video quality of 1080p and low latency. Using these widgets, you can simultaneously perform different functions like checking emails on the laptop and streaming movies or music on television.
Wireless Gigabyte Alliance is a competitor to wireless HD in few applications. Also, it transmits signals in the same frequency WiHD transmits. Signals are transmitted in 60 GHz band. Defines high-performance wireless implementations
What are the things to be known before buying an HDMI video transmitter?
We can find different technologies for different HDMI video transmitter. Choosing the best from our choice is all the difference it makes. Based on the availability of different HDMI video transmitter, mentioning a few points to be checked before buying the product to ensure you have the best one according to your needs
Easy to carry?
Your wireless HDMI transmitter should weigh less such that it is portable and all the connections are made easy.
The wireless transmitter is going to send and receive audio and video signals wireless. Moreover, the transmitter should search for low interface frequency channel. So, no other disturbances enter into the signal while transmitting.
The strength of signal transmission
Transmitting low interface channel is good, but it will not be possible if HDMI transmitter is not good. So, one must buy a top quality HDMI transmitter for strong signal transmission. Additionally, the HDMI transmitter must be able to transmit the signals from the walls.However, we find very few HDMI transmitters that are unobstructed.
The range of the device
Checking the range of the device is the most essential thing in wireless HDMI kit. A range is a distance covered between transmitter and receiver without any signal loss. If your requirement is such that your transmitter is on one floor and receiver is on another floor then range of the distance should be good enough to cover everything. Ensure that your HDMI transmitter covers at least half of your home even if does not have very large range.
Good resolution and video quality
Apart from the good transmission of signals, the video quality should be excellent. Also, during setup make sure there are no obstacles in the path of signal transmission. Even though the signal has transmitted the quality of the video and the resolution of the video may sometimes effect due to obstacles. This problem may be seen in a 5GHz band instead of 2.4Ghz. Hence, the right distance for connectivity is a must.
Transmission Frequency and its impact
Greater frequency has good audio and video quality; the lesser frequency will result in poor audio and video quality. To get high definition wireless video transmission, the frequency must be excellent. Also, you may obtain a faster transmission rate with increase in frequency, but sometimes the range of coverage may be altered.
Impact of Obstruction
` during transmission. During set up, one has to check the frequency band used and also, what kind of obstructions will lose the connectivity. Obstacles like walls and ceiling play a major role in connectivity. So, you need to check the HDMI transmitter used can transmit the signals through the walls and ceiling.
Does the HDMI transmitter you are buying follow a wireless technology? You do not need any cables running across from source to destination. Radio waves are used in wireless technology to transmit the information. Moreover, information is transmitted without using cables. Before buying the HDMI transmitter check for wireless technology used in it like HDbit, GigaXtreme.
Transmission of data
The most important part of wireless HDMI is data transmission. Currently, we are using different transmission are being used like wifi, wireless HD, WHDI. All have a different operational frequency, and also different devices can transmit the signals at different distances, and also through obstacles. Based on the requirement of data transmission choose the best quality HDMI transmitter.
We know that HDMI kits have inputs and outputs for transmission. Additionally few HDMI kits have ports to connect headphones, USB ports, and mini USB ports.
Better choose a wireless HDMI transmitter that provides you with balanced energy consumption. As energy consumption is more important, do not buy an HDMI transmitter that consumes lots of energy for transmitting signals.
Lagging is a great problem with many wired and wireless transmission, especially in gaming. Lagging is observed when we have obstacles in wireless transmission and cables in wired transmission. So, to avoid this many manufacturers are offering lag-free wireless HDMI transmission.
Compressed/ Uncompressed transmission
It is all about the quality of the video. If a product is offering compressed transmission means the good can be bought for a lower price, but you have to compromise on the video quality. Uncompressed transmission allows a greater quality of the video.
It is the major factor affecting the delivery of the video or audio. Latency is the time taken to process the signal. Around one minute or less than one minute is called normal.Because no one likes seeing the video with a lot of buffering.
This is the most important part as you are investing a good amount in HDMI transmitter and the device should come with a warranty. It may happen that suddenly your device stops working within a week from buying so in that situations warranty helps you a lot.
Installation and setup should be easy. As simple installation helps to avoid unnecessary errors caused during installation. Installation of wireless HDMI is easy, and many follow a simple plug-and-play system. Simply connect HDMI transmitter to set-to-box and HDMI receiver to Television.
Size of the device
You don’t need a device which occupies a lot of space in your room. A good HDMI kit can easily fit in any place and also must be portable. Such devices will weigh less and sometimes even lesser than a mobile phone. Hence, choose a device that fits in your working space properly.
1. Nyrius HD 1080p HDMI Video Transmitter – Our Choice
Nyrius has a wide range of products. This device transmits uncompressed signals and also products can be availed at an affordable price. They follow the latest wireless technology and provide HD quality. Additionally, the installation and set up of the device is easy simple plug-and-play.
- Provides zero latency and the signals can be passed through walls and ceilings easily.
- It has Giga Xtreme wireless technology.
- Also, it has internal antennas with high performance. So, need not worry that antennas get damaged.
- It has 3D compatibility.
- Also, the weight of the device is 1.36 Kg.
- Supporting devices includes a cable box, Bluray player, gaming console, satellite, PC, Mac, laptop.
- It provides wireless transmission up to 100ft of true 1080p.
- Supports video resolution of 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p.
- It has a transmission frequency of 5.1 to 5.9 GHz.
- Nyrius Aries wireless HDMI can be availed at affordable price
- Works flawlessly
- Perfect choice for gaming
- It has easy installation and set-up process to avoid ambiguity
- No lagging
- Portable receiver easy to mount on the wall or can even be hidden
- A few users complained of it getting disconnected and losing sound often.
2. J-Tech Digital HDbitT Series Wireless HDMI Extender – Easy Installation
J-Tech digital uses the latest technology and has high-performance products. Also, they are focused on providing high-quality products and they never compromise on the quality.
This wireless HDMI transmitter has good video streaming 4K/30Hz. The wireless HDMI transmitter does not require and line-of-sight placement. Signals can quickly be passed through walls.
- They follow the latest technology, and the signals can be extended up to 200m wirelessly
- It has the best video quality and supports 1080p full HD with Infra Red signal transmission
- The sound of J-Tech digital HDbit can be controlled from farther distances. The device has 20 to 60 KHz wide Infra Red remote control extension.
- It has a special feature of broadcasting the wireless signals to 2 wireless TVs.
- The product comes with one year of warranty and lifetime free technical support. So, if you face any technical issues, you can contact them immediately.
- Also, the weight of the device is less and is 1.61kg. So, it is easy to carry around
- It has the HDbit wireless technology.
- Supporting devices include Blu-ray players, DVR / Set-top boxes, DVD players and computers.
- Finally, the HDMI transmitter supports full HD including 1080p @ 60/50HZ, 1080I @ 60/50HZ, 720P @ 60/50HZ, 576P @ 60/50HZ, 576I @ 50HZ, 480P @ 60HZ, 480I @ 60HZ.
- Dual antenna
- 0.3 to 0.5 second latency time
- Easy installation
- Good coverage area
- Ables to deliver great sound and video output
- Price is bit high
- Some users complained about its IR forwarding.
3. Hollyland Mars 300 Dual HDMI Video Transmitter – Good Battery life
A long lasting battery life, uninterrupted video transmission, 300-degree line of sight video transmission and many more such features come along with Hollyland Mars 300 Dual HDMI Video Transmitter & Receiver Set.
Designed in such a way that it allows crisp transmission without the interference of any wi-fi signals or microwave radiation. Let us look at them.
- To transmit uninterrupted viewing experience of 1080p videos, this product can be the most efficient option available in the market.
- With a line of sight of 300-degree, you need not worry about any distortion in signals to interrupt your view.
- To view the videos on an onboard or another monitor, this device allows you to do so with the help of HDMI loop-out on the transmitter.
- One of the most significant advantages of this HDMI video transmitter is the dual HDMI outputs on the receiver.
- You can provide power to this device using an L-series type battery or 6-16VDC input.
- Along with an NP-F550, it gives a crisp transmission.
- The battery life is perfect.
- No such cons mentioned.
4. OREI Wireless HDMI Transmitter – Built-in IR Remote Control Extension
OREI has a wide range of audio/ video products. Their products are based on the premium technology, and all are high-quality. OREI wireless HDMI transmitter comes with a single antenna and good signal transmission. The OREI wireless transmitter has a stable performance and provides a long distance high definition transmission.
- Signals can be extended up to 200m wirelessly.
- Devices can be controlled remotely with the help of built-in IR remote control extensions.
- Unrestricted compatibility.
- 20 to 60 KHz wide frequency Infra Red control.
- Minimal latency is 0.3 to 0.5 seconds is found.
- The performance of this transmission is stable, a clear image is obtained, and long-distance high-definition transmission is seen.
- The weight of the device is 1.81 Kg.
- Additionally, it supports 1080p @ 60/50HZ, 1080i @ 60/50HZ, 720P @ 60/50HZ, 576P/576i, 480P/480i.
- The device has a one-year warranty.
- It is considered best for home use
- Premium HD technology is provided, i.e., high quality of video, and audio signals are received and transmitted
- No breakage in signals perfect transmission and receiving
- Less power consumption
- Some users noticed flickering, but then got the issues solved
5. gofanco Wireless HDMI Transmitter – Wide Range of Channel Selection
Gofanco has a good collection of products including adapters, splitters, extenders, cables, converters, USB dock, multiport dock and many more.
Gofanco wireless HDMI transmitter has a dual antenna which improves the quality and transmission of signals. It also has a feature of choosing ten wireless channels. The product weighs 281 grams.
- Wireless audio/video signals can be transmitted up to 165 feet.
- Operating frequency is 5 GHz.
- Provides a wide range of selection of wireless channels preventing signal interference.
- Also, it has a feature of selecting ten wireless channels.
- Simultaneous broadcasting of topology combination up to 2 transmitters.
- Supports video resolution of 60Hz @ 1080.
- Latency is less than 200msec.
- Cutting-edge technology is used, and the performance is best.
- Also, the device does not require any batteries.
- The devices compatible includes computer PCs, Blu-ray players, HDMI displays, monitors, and HDTVs.
- The transmitter and receiver connects within seconds
- Provides easy installation and instructions
- Minimizes RFI noise interference
- A remote controller is provided for easy use
- Excellent picture quality
- The weight of the product is more compared to other products
- Some users experienced delayed audio
6. Optoma WHD200 Wireless HDMI 1.4a Transmitter – Amazing Display Quality
Optoma is leading in projectors. They mainly focus on the quality of the product. Moreover, this product gives good wireless streaming. Also, the device pairs perfectly with the projector. IT requires 2 AAA batteries to work and has internal antennas.
- It provides an easy plug and plays installation and setup.
- Moreover, the weight of the product is 1.09 kg.
- Saves a lot of time as it takes less than 2-minute set-up.
- Also, uncompressed transmission up to 100 ft is obtained.
- Wireless streaming of 1080p full HD 3D content.
- Additionally, 2 HDMI devices can be connected to the transmitter.
- Surround sound is supported up to 5.1.
- It has 4.9 to 5.9 GHz operating frequency.
- It requires 2 AAA batteries.
- Also, it has internal antennas and a single USB port.
- The device comes with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Supports connection to Satellite Receiver, Cable Receiver, Playstation Game Consoles, Xbox Game Consoles, Tablet, Laptop, Ultrabook, Windows Computers and Mac Computers to your Optoma Projector, HDTV or HDMI enabled Monitor.
- HDMI 1.4a transmitter can be availed at affordable price
- Amazing HD resolution and color quality
- It has the latency of less than 1msec
- No signal drop or no problem in transmission and receiving
- Perfect display
- Some users found problems connecting the transmitter and receiver.
7. IOGEAR Long Range Wireless HDMI Matrix PRO – Multicast
Iogear is into audio-video products, mobile accessories, keyboard, Mac, PC and chrome book, and networking. The device is capable of transmitting signals simultaneously to different displays.
It is ideal with commercial, home, classroom, and office environment. Additionally, the device can be controlled with remote control from a remote location.
- The weight of the device is 522 grams
- Also, uncompressed transmission of data up to 200 feet is seen
- Provides with easy switching facility in between 5 sources
- Simultaneously transmit content up to remote locations
- Streamless wireless transmission of data
- Supporting devices includes DVR / cable boxes, media streaming devices such as Apple TV and media servers, Blu-ray / DVD players, computers /laptops, game consoles
- The device can be used for both commercial and home applications.
- Remote is designed in such a way that a separate button is provided for each matrix’s function
- EDID management makes a better resolution with all the displays
- 720p is the default EDID resolution setting
- Provides the best performance
- The transmitter and receiver connect instantly
- A clear view of the pictures are obtained
- Remote control is provided along with the device
- Simple set up, simply plug and play
- Good signal strength
- Some user experience flashing green screen sometimes
8. PEERLESS-AV HDS-WHDI100 PeerAir(TM) Wireless HDMI – Ideal For Gaming
PeerAir has a wide range of collection of products including ceiling mounts, accessories, projector mounts, table mounts, video wall solution, wireless solution and many more. The device provides wireless streaming and simultaneous display. Also, it only takes a few minutes to install. This is the perfect device if you are a gamer because it has zero latency.
- Wirelessly 3D content is available up to 100ft
- The content can be shared on two televisions
- Zero latency for instant gaming response
- The device is able streaming of full HD with 1080p
- Also, the weight of the product is 454 grams
- Supports USB devices like keyboards, mouse and game controllers
- The device has enhanced IR for compatibility with all set-top-boxes
- IR frequency range is 20KHz to 60KHz
- Additionally, allows signal transmission through ceilings, walls for multi-room streaming
- Peerless-AV HDs creates own network and does not interfere in available home WiFi network
- Connects up to 2 HDMI devices like a set-top box, Blu-ray player, gaming console, etc.
- Provides an easy plug and play setup
- It easily connects two HDMI devices
- Many users have appreciated its longevity
- The product is available at an affordable price
- Signals transmit easily through walls
- No lagging
- Some users experienced signal dropping after using with the HDS-APMR1 which tucks
- The device lags when 3D support is enabled, as experienced by a user.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can 4K HDMI cable be?
HDMI cables suffer distortion in signals if they are too long. You will not find any cable longer than 50 feet long. The ideal length for a 4K HDMI cable is 25 feet long.
2. Is it able to connect HDMI wirelessly?
Yes, you can connect HDMI wirelessly. Instead of the long and jumbled HDMI cable, you can use a transmitter and receiver at either end to connect it wirelessly.
3. How does a wireless HDMI extender work?
As technology is getting advanced every day, we could see a large number of changes in gadgets and electronic equipment. The HDMI transfer allows you to transfer information from one electronic device to the other. HDMI extender helps to increase the distance to which the data has to be transferred. The HDMI signals must not be distorted, and hence, the extender helps to move the messages to a larger distance.
4. How do I connect my TV to cable box wirelessly?
It is effortless to connect your TV to the cable box wirelessly. Just follow these simple steps.
- First of all, power off your cable box and then plug one end of the HDMI cable behind the cable box. Take your transmitter, and you will find a port where it says, HDMI Input. Now plug the other end into that.
- Now take the receiver and another HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cable behind the TV and the other end to the receiver where it says, “Out-to-TV.”Take the power adapter and plug the receiver into it.
- Now turn your TV on and change the input to HDMI port. Wait for the light to become green.
Now, if you have reached this part of the article means you are clear what all the things to be considered before buying the HDMI transmitter. How HDMI transmitter works and also, how to set up the HDMI transmitter.
Additionally, we have mentioned the best HDMI transmitters available in the market based on their frequency, range, video quality, warranty period, etc. J-Tech Digital HDMI bit is considered as the best pick among the top 10.
As it has the great video quality, dual broadcasting, good sound controlling option and the most important point lifetime support.