Best Selling Fax Machines
“So the whole war is because we can’t talk to each other.” Someone quoted this in a different decade altogether.
Communication has always found a way in the human culture which made it the most vital feature in our lives. Right from the start, since the stone-age, humans have been communicating by different means.
From an early age to the current modern age, the means of communication has changed though the purpose of it, that is, fulfilling their needs, have remained the same. Without communication, we are just individual souls, walking through the may air, staring and hoping for glimpses of expectations.
The human milestone has reached the 21st century. With the advancement of technologies, many means of communication are introduced in today’s world.
Fax machines are by far, the most important means of communication in the business world. The forerunner of today’s fax machine was invented back in 1924.
It is a communication system which sends/receives images, documents via a telephone line. It has made working in the business field easier.
There are different types of fax machines available in today’s market such as brother fax machines, Panasonic cordless fax machines, laser fax machines, inkjet fax machines and much more.
Top 6 Best Fax Machines
What are the uses of fax machines?
- Fax machines make communication easier by sending or receiving the data quickly. It serves as the best and quickest alternative to sending documents via postal services.
- The documents that require a signature can be securely sent via fax without the involvement of a third party.
- It is said that fax is known to be the “lowest common denominator” in the business communication world, that is, it is the most widely used platform in the business world.
- You can easily trace the fax document and check if a given document has been successfully sent or received via fax.
- Fax machines have been given a law expressing that no third party can intercept the documents between the sender company and the receiver company.
- It is by far the most established and famous means of communication.
- The fax machine has an additional function. It can also be used as a photocopier. This saves you the additional funds of buying a photocopier.
Types of Fax Machines
Laser Fax machine
The laser fax machines are similar to people who multitask, that is, they have multiple functions.
They are widely used in big companies and businesses as they replace a lot of devices. They are massive performers as they are faster and more efficient than all the other fax machines in the market.
The old thermal transfer printouts could be scraped off or rubbed off. Hence, they were replaced with laser printers which assured a clear print quality of text and images.
These multifunctional laser fax machines are very popular in the business communication world as they are cost efficient.
Although, they are expensive but they do save a lot of money as it lowers the phone usage as well as lowers the rate of the prints. For the big shot companies that need to send out documents, images every minute, this is the ideal fax machine.
Fax Copy Machine
This is another type of fax machines. This is a two-way machine.
It acts as a photocopier as well as a fax machine. It is an efficient machine for companies who have a massive input into making copies as well as fax.
The rates of a fax copy machine vary according to the different models available. Different models have different available inbuilt printers in them.
The fax copy machine can have thermal transfer or inkjet or even the laser printer. The laser printer, as mentioned earlier is more expensive. The thermal transfer printer is used in most of the fax copy machines.
This fax copy machine is ideal for homes and small offices. It has other different features such as Caller ID, automatic paper feeder, quick scan and much more.
Plain Paper Fax Machine
Plain Paper Fax machines are the combination of a scanner, a printer, and a fax machine.
The print quality of these fax machines is extremely high, unlike the print quality in the fax machines using thermal transfer printer.
They are the modern type of fax machines and hence, they are very efficient. The combination of the scanner, printer, and the fax machine makes it multi-functional.
Since the Plain Paper Fax Machine is a modern type of fax machine, it uses laser or inkjet printers to give the best-printed outputs.
It is known for its efficiency and thus, it is used in high-end companies where documents have to be sent and received almost every minute.
It works systematically without crashing and is cost effective.
Portable Fax Machines
Like these machines are coded to be multi-functional, humans also have a tendency to multitask on a daily basis. In a busy world of today, portable fax machines are very useful.
It is ideal for the home offices where multitasking is top on the list. The basic model consists of a phone and a copier.
However, Portable Fax Machines are not meant for heavy-duty use because they tend to crash if overloaded.
Thus, Portable Fax machines come with the additional benefits of portability and multitasking that is not present in the basic Fax Machines.
Printer Fax Machines
The Printer Fax machines are one of the oldest and the most widely used fax machines. With evolving technology, users have developed different needs that have to be satisfied by introducing new products. The printer fax machines are available in both old and new format.
The old printer fax machines use the old thermal transfer printer. Since the progress in technology, many new models are available and the thermal transfer printer is discouraged as it could be easily scraped off or rubbed off.
The new printer fax machines use either inkjet or laser printers.
The inkjet printer fax machines are encouraged in environments which have extensive use of the fax machines as it has a clearer quality than the old printers and also they can print in color. They are more efficient as well as costlier than the old thermal transfer printers.
The laser printer fax machines are the costliest. It is ideal for heavy-duty environment and does not crash under overload. It gives best quality printed output on plain paper. It speeds up the printing process and hence, it is proved to be efficient.
Phone Fax Machines
Even though, with the new upcoming models of fax machines having multi-function parts, some users still prefer the basic model of a fax machine which involves the phone.
They are small in size and hence, they can be easily installed in a small space. It gives the benefit of having the phone and the fax in the same place.
It is ideal for basic users who need to send/receive fax only limited number of times. It is the cheapest model for fax machines and hence, an efficient one for a basic user.
There are a few things a buyer must keep in mind before purchasing the product.
A portable fax machine is much preferred if you are on frequent business trips. You can carry the device to your meeting and business trips and fax all the required information from any corner of the world. Many fax machines are available in the market with this feature.
It is an important feature to be considered, and each model design will define its speed. We have models available in the market that can send a fax 20 seconds per page and also few machines with speed of 2 sec per page. However, choose the machine based on the speed with which you want to fax.
Size matters based on the space you are providing for your fax machine. Choose big sized fax machines if the room provided for the fax machine is big. If your office space is small, then pick for small size fax machines.
Fax machine print quality is measured in terms of dots per inch. A higher-end dots per inch fax machine provides you with better reading capability. While lower-end models cannot offer a better reading option with poor printing quality.
The price of the fax machines vary depending on the features it is provided with. Also, speed considerations play a significant role in deciding the price factor. However, fax machines that are with high-quality and good technology will cost you higher. If you are using a fax machine for business purpose, then choose high-quality machines, and they cost more instead of a home purpose fax machine.
A fax machine can be based either on wire technology or wireless technology. Pick the machine based on your requirement.
Each model comes with different designing features. A stand-alone fax machine can only send and receive a fax while much modern fax machine can also scan, print, and do multi-functions.
Page tray capacity
If the fax machine is used more or if your business needs frequent send and receive fax than opt for large page tray capacity.
The inkjet printers are less expensive and give a clear text and image output. They are a good choice if you receive or send less than 30 faxes a day.
They have a comparatively low speed than the laser printers but higher than the old thermal printers.
The laser printer has an outstanding speed but is very expensive. They give a high-quality image and you should go for it if this is your top priority.
They work wonders under overloading also. It is quite reliable as it has less requirement and more output.
If you need heavy duty usage of fax machines, then you should definitely go for a laser technology printer.
They are the cheapest and oldest form of fax machines. They are absolutely inexpensive but they are noisy and their output is of mediocre quality.
You should go for this type of fax machine if you want 5-6 faxes per day.
- When you shortlist your list of fax machines to be bought, you should also research the cost of the toner/ink of your printer. If you buy an inexpensive printer whose toner costs a lot, then you may go in loss.
- Many of the modern fax machines come with additional parts like a photocopier or a scanner. Choose your machine in accordance to the requirement of the additionals.
- Research the faxing speed of the machine. The more the speed, the more expensive is the machine. But the cost gets compensated as the phone charges are reduced with high speed.
- The fax machines save the document received or sent according to the setup. If you want to save huge amounts of data, then you should choose the machine with higher memory.
- Finally, the fax machines come under the electronics category. So you should know the brand prestige of the machine and its history. You should also check for guarantee and warranty and then choose.
1. HP M477fdw Laserjet Pro
The Hewlett-Packard Company is an American multinational company. HP is a highly recognized brand for its electronic products.
The HP color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw is a complete package as it can print, scan, copy, fax, email, all in one. For the cherry on the top, it is also wireless.
This product is extremely efficient as its toner gives high yield and is not that expensive.
Hence, in the long run, it proves to be a good choice. It has both black/white and color printer which makes it a complete package.
It also has security aspects like LDAP authentication.
- Print speed- 27 ppm
- Laser print technology
- Display- 10.9 cm intuitive touchscreen Colour Graphic Display
- Mobile printing capability available
- Wireless capability available
- USB 2.0 Port
- Compatible with numerous OS
- Maximum output capacity- 150 sheets
- 2 multipurpose trays
- Automatic document feeder capacity- 50 sheets
- Fax transmission speed- 33.6 kbps
- Dimensions- 426 x 652 x 414 mm 15
- Weight: 23.2 KGS
- Colour and Black/white Printer
- LaserJet technology
- 2+1extra Multi-purpose tray
- Compatible with numerable OS
- Fax Memory is only up to 400 pages.
- Maximum output capacity is considerably low. So, it is suitable for home offices or small companies.
2. Brother FAX-2840 High Speed Mono Laser Fax
The excellent masterpiece by Brother Industries is the Brother FAX-2840 High-Speed Mono Laser Fax Machine which is an absolute value for every last penny you spent on it.
It gives you high-quality laser output. It has a telephone and you can use it for calls, fax, prints which make it a multifunction device.
There is high capacity replacement toner available for this machine which keeps your operating cost low.
- Laser technology
- 250 sheet paper capacity
- 33.6k bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Compact size
- High capacity replacement toner available
- Broadcasting message option
- 20-page automatic document feeder
- High definition output
- B/W laser technology
- 16 MB memory
- Weight- 9 KG
- Dimensions- 37.1 x 37.3 x 31 cm
- Compact size
- High-end output
- 250 sheet paper capacity
- Only B/W utility available.
3. Brother FAX575 Thermal Transfer Personal Plain Paper Fax
Brother Industries makes yet another appearance into the top 10 fax machines. This is evidently because it always succeeds to impress with its value.
It has maintained its reputation by never failing to impress the public with its products.
The brother FAX 575 is ideal for offices. It’s out of the world speed and efficiency makes it a good deal.
- Ribbon Transfer Technology
- ADF- 10 sheets
- 50 sheet Input Capacity
- Telephone handset available
- Caller ID available
- Multi-copying available
- 1-year warranty
- B/W faxing
- Weight- 5 LBS
- Dimensions- 11.9?x10.5?x13.4?
- Time saving
- Telephone handset and caller Id available
- Multi-copying available
- Only 50 sheet input capacity
- 512 Kb standard memory. (Comparatively less)
4. Generic Black and White Fax Machine
The product is from Samsung company, and it has ink-jet monochrome. Easy to use dial numbers. It is made of high-quality plastic material. This fax machine prints high-quality documents and images for personal as well as professional use. Due to its compact size, this fax machine can fit in small space in your workplace as well as house.
- Generic black and a white fax machine has the print technology of ink-jet monochrome
- It supports the operating system MS Windows 98, MS Window 2000, MS Windows XP, MS Windows ME
- Has unique features likeDistinctive Ring Pattern Detection (DRPD) and transmit verification report
- Can be operated in multiple languages for easy- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch
- One-touch dialing – 10 stations, Speed dialing – 80 stations.
- The overall quality of the fax printer is good and durable
- Offers 14.4Kbps high speed faxing
- Offers max Copying Resolution of up to 600 x 300 dpi for clear, readable prints
- Can make 50 copies in a go.
- Can only do Black printing
5. Canon i-SENSYS FAX L170
Another masterpiece from Canon is the Canon Fax-L170.
It has a monochrome printing utility but it is inexpensive and very efficient.
It provides a great deal in terms of multi-functionality. It provides a copier, a handset, printer, fax machine.
Its printing speed is up to 18 ppm.
Canon has worked wonders over reducing the warm-up time for the first print and Canon Fax L170 has proved to be their perfect solution.
This fax machine will make your life easier, as it has almost no maintenance cost and can be easily maintained too.
- Monochrome utility
- Multi-function device
- Warm up time- 14 seconds or less
- Print speed- 18-19 ppm
- Memory capacity- 600 pages
- Auto document feeder- 30 pages
- Low toner needs
- Recommended for heavy duty use
- 5-Line LCD Display available
- Weight- 8.8 KGS
- Dimensions- 372 x 303 x 303mm
- Reduced warm-up time
- Memory capacity as high as 600 pages
- Memory- 64 Mb only
6. Canon FAXPHONE L190 Monochrome Laser Fax
If speed and quality are the two things you’re looking for, then Canon FAX PHONE L190 won’t disappoint you.
It has the modern laser technology which gives your crisp output. It is a multi-function device with a printer, fax machine, and a copier.
- Laser technology
- 512 Sheets Memory capacity
- Monochrome utility
- Dimensions- 18.6? x 17.5? x 14.1?
- Weight- 31.3 lLBS
- 100 sheet Paper output
- Laser technology
- 3.1-year warranty
- Only monochrome utility available.
- Only 126 MB memory available.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does a wireless fax machine work?
You can fax wireless from a smartphone, Tablet, Laptop over a WiFi network. The fax machine and the device from which you are faxing, both must be in WiFi connectivity. Also, there are fax machines which can send and receive fax vis GSM or CDMA cellular network wirelessly.
2. Benefits of using a fax machine?
Fax machines are inexpensive machines that can send messages throughout the globe quickly. You can easily acquire hard copies. Though via e-mail also you can acquire hard copies but using fax machine printing of the hard copy will be done automatically. Also, fax machines are simple to install. Moreover, now, available fax machines are wireless. So, more convenient to use.
If Faxing is the most important part of the office and faxes are sent and received at very instant, then the HP Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw is recommended for you as it is ideal for heavy-duty use.
If you need a fax machine at your home-office or a small office and budget is a restraint then, Brother FAX-575 is recommended. It ensures quality and is user-friendly as well.