The 9 Best 11.6 inch Laptops in India
Laptops have become one of the essential gadgets for every person of every age group in the modern world. This has been mainly due to the versatility that it offers. Laptops are used for a variety of purposes like office work, entertainment, gaming, etc.
However, The most significant advantage that a laptop provides over other computers is its portability. They can be carried to any part of the world, at any time, in just a laptop backpack. Laptops also come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and configurations.
Size is one of the significant factors while buying a laptop. If you are the one who travels a lot for office purpose or the one who likes to take your laptop to places, an everyday 11.5-inch laptop will be good for you. So choosing the best affordable laptop that fits your needs perfectly is no easy task. Here is an article with most selling laptops in India that might make it easier.
Have you ever wonder how laptops work so efficiently? Here are more reasons why laptops are needed? If you are in need of a laptop and planning on buying one here are few types of 11-inch laptops along with FAQ’s and the buyers’ guide. We have also mentioned Our 9 best 11-inch laptop India that you can choose from.
Top 9 Best 11.6 Inch Laptops
180 Degree Hinge Design
Clear Visual Touchscreen Display
Best 11.6 inch Laptop
Best device for Multimedia
Best battery life
Best Laptop Under Budget
11.6-inch Laptop with the best display
Thinnest 11.6 inch laptops
How Laptops Work
Due to their very compact size, you might be thinking how can every component found on a desktop, fit into that small frame of a laptop. This is one question which naturally comes into the mind of every user.
However, laptops and desktops have more in common than what you might think. Hardware and the software found on both is almost the same and the hardware only varies in positioning. So the main difference between the two is the fit of the components.
The CPU in desktop/laptops includes primarily the motherboard, video card, hard-drive and a range of ports used for external connections. The other components of the computer that is the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc draw out connections through the CPU.
This is again basically what happens in a laptop too, but all the connections through cables and wires are done internally rather than externally.
The components mentioned above are so compactly packed that, the biggest Laptops are smaller than the most compact desktops. Since laptops are built like that, it means that they have to dissipate heat a lot better and conserve more energy in the process.
The microprocessor is considered as the CPU for a laptop. As the name suggests, it is way smaller than a traditional desktop CPU. However, the difference in performance is not a big issue as both are very competent in giving adequate firepower for the functioning of the computer. The microprocessor also produces a lot of heat, which is controlled in a lot of ways.
One of the main ways to decrease heat is to reduce the voltage and clock speed of the microprocessor. On paper, this does hurt the performance, but modern laptops have ways to make up for it. The other major way of reducing heat is based on the spot optimization of the performance when required.
This means that if the laptop isn’t being used for a particularly intensive task, the performance is reduced to conserve energy. Some other minor ways of reducing heat are by using heatsinks, fans, heat pipes, and even coolants.
The other main aspects of a laptop are the screen and battery. Laptops have been largely possible to produce due to the advent of LCD and LED display screens. Even batteries used on laptops are designed to conserve space and reduce heat. Modern day laptops use Li-ion batteries which can be charged randomly, don’t overheat and are light in weight.
Using all these shortcuts, a laptop can compete and even be better than some desktops.
Why Small Laptops Are Needed
Small size laptops are the latest fad in the computer industry, and many people are adopting them for a variety of reasons. Here are some reasons why small screen laptops are becoming popular.
In the modern globalized world, most professionals in the corporate setting are global citizens, meaning that they frequently travel to a host of nations due to work. During all this travel, all their work-related documents, their multimedia, games, books etc are stored on a laptop.
To carry big laptops around the world becomes a bit hectic even for the strongest people. So, small laptops with the same performance and features are the need of the hour.The other reason why people buy small laptops is the bigger battery life they get from smaller laptops.
According to a modern research by a popular gadget and technology magazine, the average screen-on time of the most popular 15-inch laptops in the market is around 6 hours but the average screen on time for the best laptops under 13 inch is about 8 hours.
The screen on time also goes up to 10 hours for the 11-inch laptops. So people who can tolerate the smaller screens for a boost in battery with the same kind of performance should buy 11-inch laptops.
Types of 11-inch Laptops
Ultrabooks are the most recent type of laptops that have come into the fray.
The term “Ultrabook” was coined by the big chip making firm, Intel to market their new Huron River platform.
These laptops were modest in specifications, but the design and compactness were what impressed people. Ultrabooks have come a long way after that and are now considered one of the high-end series of laptops out there in the market these days.
The ultrabooks have the sleekness and compactness of the netbooks while having hardware that can give the high-end desktops a run for their money. The ultrabooks almost always come under 2.5 kg, making it a very viable option for travelers, minimalists, etc. Nowadays, most well-known manufacturers have an ultrabook line in their portfolio to cater to a particular section of users.
Netbooks are a slightly older type of laptop compared to the ultrabooks, having been introduced in 2007. They were bought in to provide a basic version of the laptop at a very affordable price, as laptops were pretty uncommon and expensive back then. As other laptops became cheaper and cheaper, netbooks faded out and the final nail in the coffin was laid by the launch of the Apple Ipad and the tablet revolution.
However, netbooks were brought back from the dead by the launch of Google’s Chromebook line of netbooks.
For a majority of users, speed and performance is not the main thing that they look for while buying a laptop. Some users need a seamless experience while browsing the net, playing videos, running basic office apps to get work done, etc. Such users can consider buying netbooks. They should be aware that these laptops cannot run heavy games, do video editing, etc.
These are the most common types of laptops found these days. They are also the middle ground when it comes to computers, as most of them are not high-end machines like the ultrabooks or as slow and incompetent as the netbooks.
They are also the type in which a variety of laptops are there as they can vary a lot regarding features and specifications. They are also quite bulky and heavy to carry around, so not generally preferred by people who move around a lot.
The form factor of the traditional laptop is fading away with an increase in time. Only very low-end laptops these days come with bulky hardware and screens with big bezels. So we can safely say that 10 years from now, all laptops will have a form factor very similar and even better than the present day ultrabooks
Laptop Buyer’s Guide
The laptop you purchase should have a thin and stylish design. Go for a compact and light-weight model so that you can easily travel around with it. The laptop should have a good build and a durable design so that it lasts long. There are also certain models that come with hinges so that you can place it flat on a table to share content with friends.
The most important factor to consider while buying a laptop definitely has to be the screen size. The screen size also majorly affects the price of the laptop.
If you watch multimedia, edit videos or images, then you will definitely need a big screen.
However, if you want portability or battery life, a small screen should be preferred.
The RAM is the second most important thing to consider when buying a laptop as it has the most dominant effect on the performance of the laptop.
Generally, more the RAM, better will be the performance and more will be the price. Gamers and power users should always look out for the RAM of a laptop.
Storage is also one of the main aspects of a laptop. It dictates how much stuff you can store on your laptop without the aid of external storage devices. Irrespective of the type of laptop, storage should always be the priority and should always be as high as possible for the price range.
The battery is perhaps up there as the most significant deciding factor along with screen and RAM. This is because the battery decides how long you can use a laptop before it shuts down.
Along with the capacity, users should also keep an eye on charging time to determine how fast it charges.
The operating system dictates the user experience of the laptop and hence is really important.
The most popular OS’s at present for laptops are Windows and Mac OS. Windows control the majority of the OS market with Mac OS being restricted to Apple devices.
The other OS’s in the fray are Linux and Chrome OS for the Chromebooks by google
Build quality also plays a vital role in the experience that a consumer has with the laptop. It is also important to make the laptop durable and damage.
Some companies are known to offer better quality than others but also demand a premium price in return of that. Apple, Dell, Samsung, LG, and HP provide the best in class build quality.
CPU, as we all know is the brain of the computer and plays the most prominent role in determining the performance of the laptop.
AMD and Intel are the leading processor producers in the game right now with Apple producing their chipsets for their Mac line of laptops. Before buying, every consumer has to google a laptop’s processor to find out if it has any issues.
A touchscreen is one feature that is slowly gaining ground in the laptop game. It provides a different twist to functionality and makes usage really easy. Sometimes, it can even replace the traditional mouse. 2 in 1 laptop are the most common type of touchscreen laptops
Gaming on a laptop is a reality these days and gives you portability that traditional gaming consoles can’t. However, not all laptops can be used for high-end gaming as the lower end laptops can’t handle the intense graphics.
Hence, to support all the latest games, a graphics card becomes a necessity. In some laptops, you can even insert a graphics card after purchase.
Warranty is very important because your laptop may break down anytime under various circumstances, to protect yourself from all that hassle, make sure that you buy a laptop with the comprehensive warranty to cover all situations. Most manufacturers offer 1-3 year warranties.
Along with all the aspects mentioned above, you need to keep in mind some extra features like OLED displays to give you the best viewing experience possible. Front cameras to enable video chatting and infrared cameras to allow secure logins.
9 Best 11.6 Inch Laptops
1. Asus E203 E203MAH-FD005T – 180 Degree Hinge Design
The Asus E203 is a suitable choice for those on the go because of its compact and light-weight design. The Windows 10 OS makes it compatible with most software and peripherals. A unique feature of this model is the durable 180-degree hinge design that enables you to place it flat on the table for sharing content. Moreover, the long battery life of 10 hours and fast charging along with the large hard disk capacity of 500 GB makes it an ideal buy.
- Powered by 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron N4000 processor.
- The model weight: 1.20 Kg.
- The 11.6-inch display ensures a maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
- Comes with an Intel UHD Graphics 600 co-processor.
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- Offers a battery life of up to 10 hours.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Offers compatibility with a wide range of software and peripherals.
- Features a 180-degree hinge that allows you to place it flat on the table in order to share content with friends.
- Compact and light-weight design suitable for anywhere use.
- Large hard disk capacity of 500 GB so there is huge storage for the user.
- The durable hinge design has undergone 20,000 cycles of open and close tests.
- Loading of programs and applications were slow becuase of the less RAM.
2. HP Stream Laptop – Powerful Performance
This HP laptop ensures a powerful performance with fast and smooth web browsing to enhance your productivity. The stylish and thin model also features a light-weight design making it a portable option to consider going for. The long battery life of 12 hours 30 minutes will always keep you on the go. It also comes with 1 TB storage free along with access to 60 minutes of Skype per month for a year.
- The 11.6 HD sva anti-glare WLED backlit display ensures a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
- Powered by 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron dual-core processor with a burst frequency of 2.6 GHz and 4 Mb cache.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Hard disk size: 32 GB.
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- Graphics Processor: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600.
- Connectivity Ports: USB 3.1, USB 2.0, 1 headphone/microphone, 1 micro SD media card reader.
- Thin, stylish, and light-weight design since it weighs only 1.17 Kg
- Enhanced streaming, fast downloads, and web browsing.
- Comes with Bluetooth/WiFi compatibility for faster connectivity.
- Hard disk size could be more.
3. Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11E (3rd Generation) – Clear Visual Touchscreen Display
Lenovo, a Chinese multi-national technology company, has come forward with a wide range of laptop models to suit the requirements of its consumers. The Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11 E 3rd Generation is an ideal option for those who wish to watch movies or play games with enhanced clarity. The model is perfect for multi-tasking, and its high hard disk size of 128 GB ensures a smooth and fast performance without any lag.
- Powered by 1.6 GHz Intel N3150 Quad-Core Processor.
- Features an 11.6 Inch IPS LED-backlit touchscreen display.
- Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels.
- The model weighs 4 pounds.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Hard drive: 128 GB.
- Comes with 2 2.0 USB ports.
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- Built-in 802.11ac allowing you to connect wirelessly to WiFi or hotspot or connect to a broadband router via wired Ethernet.
- Graphics Co-Processor: Intel HD Graphics.
- The average battery life of 12 hours.
- Allows you to multi-task with its 4 GB RAM.
- High hard disk size of 128 GB ensures smooth and fast performance.
- Enables you to watch movies and play games with immense clarity.
- It is very expensive.
4. HP Pavilion X360 – Best 11.6 inch Laptop
HP is a brand that is known across the world for its products related to the computing world. Many of the products in its portfolio are the some of the best in their respective price categories and the X360 also follows suit. It is the best 11.6-inch laptop that your money can buy you at present.
This is mostly because of the spectacular specifications sheet that it comes with. This is 11.6 inch laptop with i3 generation.
- Convertible hybrid laptop with a 360 degree hinge to rotate the screen, the way you want
- Comes with an 11.6 inch HD screen, which means the resolution is 1366*768 pixels
- The Hp laptop comes pre-loaded with the latest Windows 10 operating system to enable the users to have a good user interface
- The processor is the powerful 2.7Ghz Intel i3-7130 7th gen processor, which is one of the better processors found in the 11.6 inches sized laptops today
- The graphics card on the laptop is the Intel 620 HD graphics, which is suitable for the range but not very powerful
- The RAM of the device is a capable 4GB, and since it is DDR4, it can handle multi-tasking better
- The laptop comes with a 1 TB hard disk pre-installed for storage, which is enough for almost all type of users in the current market
- The hard disk interface is the latest eSATA, to enable file storage and access it
- The weight of the laptop is a meager 1.39 KG, making it highly portable
- Connectivity options include WLAN, Wi-Fi and the latest Bluetooth 4.0
- Consists of 3 USB ports, 1 HDMI and one audio input-output port
- The power consumption is rated at 37 watts
- 2 Li-ion cells with 100 grams weight each provide the battery capacity
- Very portable and well-built design to give very good durability
- The 360-degree hinge does make a big difference in user experience
- A fairly capable processor is included, and 4 GB of RAM is enough for most multi-tasking users
- The 1 TB hard drive is enough in today’s scenario for all kinds of storage
- A good number of ports available to improve accessibility
- A bit costly when compared to other 11.6 Inch laptops on this list
- At this price point, HP should have given a Full-HD display
5. Lenovo Yoga 300 – Best device for Multimedia
Lenovo is a company that is flying high at the moment. It has a range of devices across all price ranges, and some of the products that it offers have class-leading specifications and features. The Lenovo laptop’s yoga series is known for their high portability and flexibility that it gives to its users.
The Yoga series is itself very expansive and covers a range of prices.
This particular model that is the Yoga 300 is a combined PC as well as the laptop, which means it is a 2-in-1 laptop like a few others on this list.
Here are some features that you would want to know
- Along with being one of the thinnest and sleekest devices on this list, the Lenovo Yoga 300 is known for the flexibility that it offers. It can be turned 360 degrees in any direction
- The screen is the standard 11.6 HD panel with a resolution of 1366*768 pixels
- The processor is the Intel Pentium clocked at a speed of 2.16 GHz
- The RAM available on this device is the DDR3 Version of 4 GB
- The internal storage or the hard disk storage available is around 500 GB, which is quite ok, but not the best for the price
- The hard disk technology used here is the unique Hybrid type
- Comes with integrated Intel graphics card as standard
- The device comes preloaded with Window 10 operating system for a smooth user interface
- The battery is quite large and gives an average battery life of up to 8 hours on a single charge
- In spite of the sleekness, the device weighs in at a hefty 2.1 Kg
- Just like the Iball I360, it has four modes, laptop, tablet, tent and table
- The device comes with Dolby integrated speakers
- The all-around flexibility offered by the device is matched by none
- The Dolby speakers along with the HD screen make the experience of watching multimedia very pleasant and better than most 11.6-inch devices
- The battery back up of 8 hours is good for such a device
- The touchscreen adds more functionality
- The Pentium processor is very old and should not be used on devices with this high price
- The DDR3 RAM is again disappointing from a performance point of view
6. Dell Latitude 3180 Celeron – Best battery life
This is the second product on this list from Dell and shows how well the company is doing in the computing business. The Latitude 3180 is a device that is positioned by Dell at the entry level for the 11.6-inch laptops.
The features of this device are also quite better than most in the price range, but it has not got a big USP that makes it stand out from the crowd of laptops available at this price. Due to this fact, it is lower on this list in spite of the specifications. Here are some other features that you as a consumer need to be aware of.
- The device is predominantly made of plastic, and hence the look and feel of the device is not that good as other devices in the same range
- The display size and resolution is the same 11.6 inches with an HD display of 1366*768 pixels
- The device has an Intel Celeron processor with a clock speed of 1.1 GHz and it is a single core chip
- The RAM of the device is 4GB with DDR3 technology
- The internal storage of the device is roughly 128 GB. This is also the hard disk of the computer
- The Hard Disk uses SATA technology which is the latest
- The device comes preloaded with Windows 10 like most modern laptops
- Intel HD graphics come preinstalled with every Celeron processor
- It consumes a whopping 45 watts of power
- The weight of the single battery is 100 grams
- The device supports WLAN, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- The battery life of the computer is perfect for 10 hours
- The RAM of the device is a respectable 4 GB, which should be able to handle multitasking well for the most part
- Dell is a very reliable brand, and brand conscious people can happily buy it
- Dell service centers are widely available all over India
- The battery life of this device is excellent for the price range
- The processor is very slow and has just a single core, which is almost unacceptable at this price point
- The DDR3 RAM technology is quite outdated
- The power consumption of the device is quite high
7. Micromax Canvas Lapbook – Best Laptop Under Budget
Micromax is one brand which is not known for their laptops at all, but this is a product that is king of laptops under 10000 rupees price point. It is most definitely aimed at first-time laptop users who want to have an experience of using a laptop.Students and office goers who want it to do basic tasks with ease will be happy that they can get such an experience at such a small price. As you would expect, the specifications are not going to blow anyone away but the makers didn’t want to create a product that would do.Here are some features of the category leader
- The laptop has a sleek and slim design like most 11.6 inch laptops but to give that at this price is the icing on the cake
- The screen is again 11.6 inches in size and is an HD panel like most others
- The laptop is powered by an Intel Z3735F processor which has a clock speed of 1.3 GHz
- The RAM capacity of the laptop is 2 GB as most would have expected at this price
- The RAM technology used is the old DDR3 type
- The battery backup claimed by the manufacturer is a whopping 11 hours
- The laptop even has an Intel Gen 7 graphics card present under the hood
- The product comes pre-loaded with the latest Windows 10 home OS to give users the newest experience possible
- The laptop weighs just 1.3 KG
- The power consumed by the laptop is just around 24 watts
- The weight of the Li-ion batteries is only 19 grams, and there are four batteries present
- Micromax has produced incredible value for money products
- The design adopted by the manufacturer is very slim and sleek
- Incredibly lightweight and easy to carry around
- The battery backup given by this laptop is one of the best on any laptop and not just in its category
- Micromax service centers are not widely available everywhere
- The processor is only a single core
8. Iball CompBook i360 FHD – 11.6-inch Laptop with the best display
The first product on this list from the house of Iball is the i360. Iball is not market leaders but does release disruptive products from time to time.
The company mainly focuses on the budget segment, that is laptops under 20000 rupees. The company has established itself in that niche and has a lot of products that are winners in the same category.
The i360-FHD is one of the best and most selling laptops from their broad portfolio of laptops. As the name suggests, the screen can be rotated 360 degrees like the first product on this list. There are also a few more features that you as a consumer need to be aware of. Here they are.
- The product looks and feels superb due to the excellent build qualityand design.
- The laptop comes with an 11.6-inch screen, and the resolution is 1920*1080 pixels, which means it has a Full-HD display
- It has an RDS3T(Robust Double Spindle 360° Technology), which means it can be used in 4 modes, that is laptop, tent, tablet, and table
- It is run by an Intel Atom Z3800 dual-core chipset with a clock speed of 1.92 GHz
- The Laptop has a RAM capacity of 2 GB and is of the old DDR3 technology
- The internal memory of the laptop is just around 32 GB, which is not enough in today’s world
- The hard disk is of SSD type
- The laptop runs Windows 10 OS out of the box for a smooth user interface
- There are 3 Li-ion batteries present under the hood
- A full HD display at this price point is an unbelievable deal, and no laptop even double this price offers the same
- The design and build quality is one of the best for any laptop on this list
- A battery backup of 6 hours with an FHD display is great
- Can be folded in all directions and used in 4 modes
- Other than the display, the different specifications are not the best in class
9. RDP Thinbook 1130 EC1 – Thinnest 11.6 inch laptops
The last product on this list is the RDP 1130 EC1. We can be quite sure that most people reading this would never have heard of a brand called RDP. But they do exist, and this is one of their best selling and highest rated products. It is in the same price bracket as the Micromax Canvas Lapbook and the Iball I-360 and has almost a similar line of specifications and features.
Sadly, just like the previous product, it doesn’t have any big USP that it can boast of. However, it is a viable alternative to the laptops mentioned above. Here is a list of its features and specifications.
- The thin book comes with the same 11.6 inch HD display like all other displays on this list
- The design makes it extremely thin to look at and hence the name
- The whole body is made of plastic so don’t count on it to be sturdy
- The laptop comes with an Intel Quadcore processor that even higher priced laptops don’t have. The clock speed is 1.9 GHz
- The RAM provided is 2 GB and of the DDR3 type. This is acceptable for the price
- The internal storage of the device is 32 GB which is again acceptable for the price
- The hard disk employs the latest SATA interface
- It comes preloaded with Intel integrated graphics
- The battery life claimed by the company is a very good 10.5 hours per charge
- Comes pre-installed with Windows 10 home edition
- Very good specifications sheet for the price it is offered at
- The battery life is one of the best for any laptop on this list
- SATA implementation by the company is an excellent step at this price point
- Very thin at almost all points of the laptop
- The quad-core processor at this price is splendid
- Plastic build, so it won’t be that sturdy
- RDP is not at all a popular brand
- Service center availability is very tough
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many years should a laptop last?
Most laptops last for approximately 3 years. However, it may last longer if you take proper care of it.
2. What is the difference between a laptop and a Chromebook?
A laptop and a Chromebook is similar in features. Both of them are ideal for performing tasks of a computer at any location because of their portable design. The only difference is the Operating System as Chromebooks come with their own Chrome Operating System.
3. What are the best laptop brands?
Some of the best laptop brands that offer the best build, design, performance, and specifications are- Dell, Asus, Lenovo, HP, Acer, Microsoft, etc. to name a few.
4. How do I take care of my Laptop?
There are a few steps and measure you need to take in order to take proper care of your laptop:
- Don’t use it continuously for too long as it heats up the system.
- Keep the OS updated.
- Free up space in the hard drive so that it does not crash.
- Avoid spilling water or food on it.
- Keep the keyboard and screen clean.
- install Antivirus software.
5. How to choose the correct screen size laptop?
The best range of laptop sizes to choose from include 12.5-14 inches. If you require a size smaller for traveling the 11.6-inch laptop would also be a great choice. You can go for bigger screen sizes if you do not need it to travel with.
So that was the article on the best 11.6-inch laptops available in India as of today.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that one needs to keep in mind before making a sound decision. Hope this article has helped you in making those decisions easier. To make it even more simple, if you are willing to spend a lot then the HP X360 is the way to go, if you are on a budget, then the Asus makes sense, and if you are on an even tighter budget, then the Micromax Canvas Lapbook will be your best bet.