Best Baby Hammocks
If you have a fussy baby, one that gives you a lot of difficulties when you want him to nap for some time, get him a hammock and see how deep she is going to sleep. Most kids like hammocks and will fall asleep in one with a lot of ease.
A toddler hammock will enable your baby to sleep on his back which is the best sleeping position for kids, especially those who can’t turn on their own. It will help him enjoy all the benefits that come along with it and also give him an extended mother’s womb experience.
When lying in a hammock, your baby will be in a position to see all that is happening around them unlike in cribs where they can’t see anything. Hammocks help in soothing kids and can be used anywhere. You can even use them in clinics as they offer kids a warm and comfortable environment to relax.
There are a lot of reasons as to why you might decide to get a hammock for your little one. It might be for your baby’s relaxation purposes, enable you to have some free time on your own, run a few errands around the house among others. The problem, however, is that getting one for your loved one from the market isn’t such an easy task.
There are a variety of baby hammocks in the Indian Market today that come with different features, at different prices and different qualities as well. This guide will help you to get the best for your kid. In this guide, we will get to know about the types, the benefits of using one, buying guide, learn a few safety tips, frequently asked questions and the top 10 best baby hammocks available in the market for your baby.
Top 10 Baby Hammocks
Best fabric feature
Best safety feature
Best durability feature
Best wooden stand hammock
Best portability feature
Best affordable hammock
Safe Choice for babies
Best breathability feature
Benefits of using a baby hammock
Gives the baby a womb-like experience
Baby hammocks are a safe and effective option for kids. With it, your baby will enjoy a cradled environment, one that feels just like being in the womb. This feeling will provide your baby with a sense of security and enable them to sleep deeply and peacefully.
Helps in distributing your baby’s weight evenly
A hammock will help to spread the weight of your baby evenly relieving him from pain on the muscles and joints. You, therefore, have to ensure that you get a properly designed hammock if you want to achieve this as it helps reduce the risk of flat head.
Helps baby to sleep with ease
Hammocks help kids to sleep with ease and with their heads slightly elevated. If your baby suffers from chronic reflux, they’ll highly benefit from using it. It will also keep your baby sleeping on the back which is the safest position to sleep in.
A hammock swings your baby back to sleep with ease.
Should your baby wake up, a gentle swing on a hammock will send her back to sleep? As she grows older and starts to wiggle on her own, getting back to sleep will even get much easier since she’ll settle herself back to sleep.
Best for kids with special needs
If you have a very restless baby or one with colic, infant reflux or a short napper, a hammock will help you a great deal. Your baby will sleep peacefully and comfortably at all times as it provides kids with a soothing effect and thus the best.
Lightweight and take less space
When going for a hammock, you won’t have to worry about the size of your room or that you don’t have storage space due to its huge size. Hammocks are light in weight and also small in size. Most come in foldable designs and even with storage bags. You’ll get the chance to carry it with you if traveling with your kid.
Safety Tips for baby hammocks
- Lullaby hammocks are placed in high places for them to be effective. You, however, need to avoid putting them in very high places. You do not want your baby to come into harm’s way should an accident happen.
- Pay proper attention to the system of securing the hammock. Ensure that the harnesses are adjustable and that the springs are firm enough to hold your baby in position at all times.
- The hammock should have a security lock to ensure that your baby doesn’t let himself out. Some hammocks come with a mesh cover with a zipper on top which is also a better option.
- You also need to ensure the hammock has a recline lock system. The system will make it possible for you to leave the hammock standing firmly in the destined position without the worry that it might topple down.
- Always ensure that you have a good view of your baby when resting in the hammock. Check regularly to ensure that he remains on his back.
- Only use the hammock if your baby is in the correct weight limit.
- At no time should you add pillows, blankets or any other beddings. Such items can make your baby suffer from suffocation. It might even cause death.
- Ensure that the frame is strong enough to support the weight of your baby. Also, check that the fabric is strong enough as well.
- Go for a hammock with either soft cotton or linen fabric as these are easy to remove and wash.
- Always ensure that you suspend the hammock from a place that is secure and well balanced. Check the fastenings from time to time since the constant swaying may loosen the attachment points.
- Read all safety instructions and act on them.
Types of baby hammocks
Traditional Indian cloth hammocks
With this hammock cradle for baby, a hook is hung in the ceiling and used to suspend a cloth. The cloth is usually a cotton sari around 5 meters in length. To use this hammock, you won’t require a special stand. You’ll also get the chance to adjust its height per your needs.
You can hang the hammock just over your bed as this will make it easy for you to watch over your baby and also have quick access to her, especially at night.
Hammocks with four-legged stands
These hammocks have a horizontal stand that connects the stand’s legs. The rod helps in suspending the cloth hammock. Some of these hammocks come with a string that helps in swinging the baby if they can’t wiggle on their own.
The cloth hugs the baby giving him the cozy feeling, one that he can only enjoy in his mother’s arms or laps.
Baby crib hammocks
These are cloth hammocks that come with a safety bed. It comes with straps that you tie on the edges of the bed. They come in a specific design that mimics the comfort your baby when in the womb.
When going for this type of hammock, ensure that the straps are firm enough to support the weight of your baby. Also, go for hammocks that fit well in the safety bed.
One downside of baby crib hammocks is that most provide inadequate support to kids and pose a risk of suffocation as they lack a strong material at the base.
Crotchet Baby hammocks
These are merely hammocks made from crocheting. They come in various designs and very strong to hold your baby safely. These are best used in warmer climates since they have enough room for breathing keeping your baby cool.
The following are the things to look out for when purchasing a hammock for your baby.
The weight of your baby
Different baby hammocks come with varying capacities of weight. You, therefore, have to ensure that the one you get for your baby can hold her weight comfortably and safely at all times. You also do not want to get a hammock that your baby outgrows after a short time of use.
How will safe your baby be in a hammock? Will, she be at, the risk of falling from it? You need to get the answer to these question before you get one for your little one. Always know that nothing will ever come first before the safety of your baby.
You need to consider the material used to make the hammock first if you want the best for your little one. Go for one made from natural fibers to ensure that your baby gets a safe breathing environment at all times.
Get one with a firm mattress that will provide enough to support your baby while still providing a natural cradle. A firm mattress will enable your baby to sleep in the best sleeping positions and keep him safe from breathing difficulties.
To get the right fit, ensure that you purchase the mattress together with the hammock.
Go for a hammock that comes in a design that allows your kid to sleep comfortably on his back. Such a design keeps the baby safe from cot death. The design should make it impossible for the kid to roll on his tummy.
Springs and clips used
Hammocks get suspended in the air and to do so; you’ll need springs and clips as they are safer to use and also make the work much more manageable. Different brands used different clips and springs in the hanging mechanism of baby hammocks. Before you purchase them, ensure that you test their strength and also ensure that they are suitably covered to avoid injury.
Sometimes, you’ll find yourself traveling with your baby and thus the need to get a portable baby hammock that you can carry along with ease. Go for one that you can assemble and disassemble with ease. Also, ensure that you get a lightweight hammock and avoid the big ones.
Perfect support base
Ensure that you get your baby a hammock with a strong support base. The safety of your baby will always come first and thus the need to ensure that nothing compromises it. If it comes with a frame, check well to ascertain its strength before you pay for it. Also, ensure that it has rubber grips to hold it firmly.
Anytime you set your feet in the market in search of an item; you need to ensure that you end up with one that lasts for the longest time possible. Getting a durable hammock will save you the trouble of going for shopping sprees from time to time. The hammock can also be passed on to other siblings.
Before purchasing the hammock, consider your budget. Ask yourself whether you have to spend a certain amount on it. If on the better side of your budget, go ahead and get it for your little one. If on a tight one, don’t spend too much cash one item when you can still get another one from another brand that will operate quite as well.
1. Younique Baby Cradle Swing/Baby Jhula – Our pick
This hammock will help your newborn to relax and sleep comfortably at all times. It has a comfy bed attached inside and a mosquito net to protect her from mosquito bites. The hammock cradle for baby will help your fussy baby to calm down and give time to relax as you watch her sleep.
The hammock has soft safe and skin friendly fabric suitable for superior comfort. The fabric is 100% non-protruding fibers, unlike other cradles that come with stinging fabrics. The material makes it easy to wash and dry irrespective of changes in the climatic conditions.
It comes with a hood that helps in supporting your baby’s head and keeping him warm as well. The hammock comes designed in such a way that it holds your baby and reduce any risk of choking that mostly happen in traditional cradles.
This hammock will work best on kids from birth up to 18 months old. It comes with a strong spring set that will hold your baby securely at all times.
- Has a comfortable bed that will help your baby to relax comfortably and fall into a deep sleep with ease.
- The hammock has soft fibers for superior comfort.
- Comes with a hood that helps in supporting the baby’s head and giving him warmth as well.
- Comes with a mosquito net in a bid to protect your baby safe from mosquito and bug bites.
- Comfortable for the baby
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Protects kids from mosquito bites
- Has very high-quality fabric thus durable
- Bottom filled with a synthetic cushion that makes it hot leaving the baby sweaty.
2. Orange and Orchid Baby Cradle Swing – Best fabric feature
This hammock has a high-quality fabric that will support your baby’s weight for a long time without wearing out. It comes in a beautiful design and will always make your baby comfortable and also enable him to sleep with ease.
The soft cotton fabric makes it easy for you to hand wash and dry. It comes with an attached bed that makes kids sleep deeply. It is designed keeping in mind the comfort of your baby in mind and thus one of the best hammocks that you can ever find in the market.
The hammock can hold a maximum weight capacity of 12kgs and thus suitable to kids within the age limit of 0 to 12 months. It is very light in weight, foldable and therefore easy to carry when traveling with your baby.
- The hammock has a high-quality fabric that makes it long lasting
- Designed in a unique way to keep your baby comfortable and safe at all times
- Best for newborns and infants since it has a weight limit of 12kgs
- Lightweight and therefore easy to carry
- Has a perfect material and color
- Comfortable and helpful to kids
- Lasts for a long time
- Easy to hand wash
- Kid’s do not use the hammock for long as they outgrow it with ease
- You need a rod to hang it
- Steel hook not up to the mark
3. Kidzy King Baby Hammock – Sturdy Design
If looking for the safest hammock for your little tot, Kidzy King Baby Hammock has your back. It is India’s safest as it comes with all safety measures. It’s stable and secure and will, therefore, hold your baby in position at all times without putting her into accident risks.
The hammock comes with a mattress that helps in giving your baby all the comfort they deserve to keep her comfortable. It also comes with a mosquito net that protects kids from mosquito and insect bites. Your baby will have a restful sleep thanks to this hammock.
It comes with the right, sturdy springs that are strong enough to hold the weight of your baby. The cloth fabric is 100% pure cotton and thus very durable. It also has a high-quality mattress cover and therefore easy to clean and dry.
The hammock contains an opening at the top and the front that will keep your baby safe from suffocation and strangulation. The sides have a netted fabric that allows ventilation of fresh air for your baby to breathe.
The hammock is suitable for kids from birth up to when they attain the age of three years. Get it for your baby and help them sleep peacefully and with a lot of ease.
- Has a strong spring set that holds the weight of your baby comfortably.
- The hammocks fabric is 100% cotton and thus durable and easy to wash and dry.
- Comes with a waterproof bag that helps to carry it when traveling with your baby.
- Has a strong and stable stand that holds kids safely and in position at all times.
- Very light in weight and therefore portable
- Very durable since it comes from the high-quality fabric
- Holds your baby in position safely at all times
- Enables your baby to breathe with ease due to the clear ventilation
- Some parents complained that the bed was too curvy
4. Dyrect Deals Indian Style Semi-Folding Stainless Steel Baby Cradle – Best safety feature
This cradle is very compact and cozy for your baby. Should you decide to go for it, you’ll enable your baby to relax and get a great view of all what is happening around him at all times. You can set it up with ease, even without the use of any tools.
The cradle is easy to fold and requires very little storage space. You’ll carry it along with your baby with ease to any destination. It has a carrying capacity of 20kgs and thus useful to kids within a weight range of 0 to 18 months.
The cradle comes with good rubber grips that hold the frame in position preventing it from falling over with your baby. It has sturdy steel pipes that will help in supporting the full weight of your little one. To save your baby from mosquito bites, it comes with a mosquito net.
- Has sturdy still pipes that support the weight of your baby protecting her from accidents.
- The cradle has a carrying capacity of 20kg and therefore suitable for newborns and infants.
- Comes with a mosquito net that protects baby from mosquito bites
- Has perfect rubber grips that hold it in position at all times.
- Sturdy to support the weight of your baby
- Easy to install
- Light in weight but strong enough to hold the weight of your baby
- Easy to fold and store
- The steel rod makes a lot of noise
- Not ergonomic
- Requires additional cushioning for comfort
5. A to Z Hub Baby Boy and Girl Portable Folding Swing Cradle – Best durability feature
This Indian Ghodiyu baby cradle will keep your baby comfortable at all times. The hammock is entirely safe and will, as a result, protect your baby from breathing problems and cases of a flat head syndrome.
The cradle works well for kids of both genders and will, therefore, work for your baby. It helps your kid to develop healthy sleeping habits and also enables him to sleep comfortably and with a lot of ease. With it, your baby will never give you a difficult time on her nap time.
You can assemble and disassemble the cradle with ease, even without the use of tools. It is light in weight, portable and easy to carry in your car when traveling with your baby. It doesn’t take too much space and therefore very easy to store.
The cradle comes with four pieces of vacuum rubber bands that hold it in position at all times. The frames of the stand are also sturdy enough and will therefore not tip over with your little one risking injuries.
The product comes with a one-year warranty that covers the spare parts of the frame structure. You’ll get all the necessary replacements at no fee during the warranty period.
- Comes with four pieces of vacuum runner bands that help by holding the frame in position.
- Has a design that fits both boys and girls
- Comes with a one-year warranty that covers all spare parts of the frame.
- Has high-quality fabric that makes it durable.
- Easy to carry when moving with your baby
- Helps the baby to sleep for long hours
- Has a sturdy steel frame that makes it durable
- Easy to set up
- Rubber stands wear off with ease
- Cloth quality not up to the mark
6. CuddlyCoo Baby Hammock/Cradle with Stand– Best wooden stand hammock
This unique baby hammock will help your baby get a relaxed sleep whether during the day or even at night. It hugs the baby giving him the exact feeling he used to in his mother’s womb. When sleeping in it, your baby will never suffer from colic or flat head syndrome.
The hammock has a wooden stand made from durable pinewood. It will hold your baby in position enabling you to relax or carry around house chores with ease. It will work best for households without ceilings or those that have high ceilings.
The hammock comes with a mosquito net that keeps your baby safe from bites all day long. It encompasses the goodness that only a hammock can bring along. You carry it with a lot of ease due to its lightweight nature. It is also easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Has a robust wooden stand that holds your baby’s weight with ease.
- Comes with a robust and breathable mesh that provides enough aeration to your baby.
- Works best for households without ceiling hooks
- Hammock cloth made from high-quality fabric thus durable
- Easy to install in any place and stand
- Comes with a mosquito net that protects your baby from mosquito bites
- The poly mesh material provides your baby with adequate breathability
- Has an easy to wash and dry fabric
7. Baby’s Cotton Khoya Travelling Swing with Mosquito Net – Best portability feature
This hammock is the perfect combination of simplicity and safety. It comes in a traditional design that helps in holding kids within the range of 0 to 16 months. You won’t require tools to set it up due to its simple design.
The hammock’s upholstery comes in attractive colors and prints and thus an ideal option for your baby. It is durable and comes with securely fixed sides that make it easy to hang up. The hammock is easy to fold and also very compact for kids.
The compact design of the hammock makes it very easy for you to carry it along when traveling with your baby. It has a carrying capacity of 20kgs and thus very useful for both newborns and toddlers.
It comes with a mosquito net that helps in keeping kids safe from mosquito bites at all times. Its design will work best for kids of both genders and therefore useful for everyone. It also requires a small storage space.
- Has durable fabric and comes with securely fixed sides
- Comes in a perfect traditional design perfect for kids
- Very compact and therefore easy to carry when traveling
- Requires you to use no tools when setting up
- Comes in attractive colors and prints perfect for kids
- Very useful when traveling with your baby
- Effective for both boys and girls
- Has a high weight carrying capacity
- Small in size
- Stitching not up to the mark
8. Hay Baby P.H Baby Cotton Cradle Swing with Mosquito Net – Best affordable hammock
This cradle is very convenient and very easy to use. It has a mosquito net cover that allows fresh air to your baby while protecting him from insects and mosquitoes at the same time. It has a carrying weight capacity of 20kgs and thus the best for kids at the age of between 0-18 months.
It’s made from cotton fabric and thus more effective and durable than those from ordinary polyester. It also has an additional cool inner that keeps kids comfortable at all times. Your baby won’t suffer from too much heat, a problem that would happen if she was to get placed in a heavily cushioned hammock.
The cradle has strongly stitched hooks for the safety of your kids. Whether indoors or outdoors, your baby will enjoy its comfort since you can fold and carry it anywhere with ease. It contains iron wires at the edges that keep it stable.
- Has a mosquito net that allows air in while keeping your baby safe from mosquito bites at the same time.
- Comes with a durable cotton cloth that holds kids securely when relaxing or sleeping.
- Has strongly attached hooks for the safety of your baby
- Has iron wire at the edges that make it more stable
- Great quality and sturdy
- Large in size
- Excellent color and shine
- Comes at an affordable price
- No rings attached
- Requires you to get a separate stand
9. INDISWAN Stainless Steel Indian Style Ghodiyu – Safe Choice for babies
If looking for a hammock that will withstand the weight of your baby and keep him safe from injuries from accidents, this is the hammock for you. You can also assemble it with ease without the help of a professional or tools.
The hammock consists of a frame kit, cloth canopy, and a carry bag and thus a complete set. The frame has stainless steel pipes with resistance to corrosion and rust. You will, therefore, use it for a very long time.
It is light enough, about 7kgs and therefore easy to carry even when traveling via air. It will also fit in the trunk of your car and enable your baby to enjoy a relaxed sleep outdoors. It will help your baby to develop healthy sleeping habits
With just a little motion, the cradle will swing your baby rocking him to sleep. It will help your baby to avoid flat head syndrome, avoid colic and also improve digestion.
- Comes with four pieces of vacuum rubber pads that prevent the frames from toppling over.
- Has stainless steel frame pipes, durable and robust enough to hold your baby in position at all times.
- Comes with a carry bag that makes it easy to carry when traveling.
- Has a high-quality cloth canopy that doesn’t wear out with ease.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Requires no tools to set up
- Contains sturdy corrosion-free frames thus durable
- Keeps kids healthy and safe
10. Rareeram Babynest Cradle with Bed Pillow and Mosquito Net – Best breathability feature
This cradle comes in a simple design that makes it easy to install and use. It comes with a durable and robust hanger that helps in suspending your baby in the air without risking him to injuries that can occur from a fall.
It comes with a bed-like platform that gives your baby a comfortable place to relax and sleep. It also comes with a pillow for extra comfort. It will hold your baby correctly and prevent him from suffering from choking.
It has a soft and breathable fabric that makes kids feel comfortable and safe. With it, your baby will get a deep, relaxed sleep. The netted texture enables a great airflow allowing your baby to enjoy all the comfort.
The cradle has a maximum weight carrying capacity of 10kgs and therefore best for newborns. You can fold it with ease when traveling and consequently the best for your little one.
- Comes with a sturdy hanger that helps in holding your kid safely.
- Has a soft bed-like platform that helps kids to sleep comfortably
- The cradle has a netted texture that ensures an excellent airflow keeping your baby cool.
- The cradle comes with a pillow for extra comfort.
- Has fine fabric and color
- Soft and comfortable for newborns
- Comes at an affordable price
- Easy to wash and carry
- Pillow not attached and thus dangerous for your kid as it can strangle them
- Only good for kids with small weight
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I buy a second-hand hammock for my baby?
You can purchase a second-hand hammock but when doing so, check the clips and springs for effectiveness and durability. You also need to check on the fabric for wear and tear and even the stitching to ensure that it’s strong enough. Remember that your baby will always remain suspended in the air when using the hammock and thus the need for his safety assurance.
If you have concerns about the hammock, go for a new one since you can always get one at an affordable price. Never risk the safety of your baby.
2. Will my baby remain safe in a hammock?
Your baby will always be safe in the hammock, but you have to keep a sharp eye on him at all times. To be assured of his safety at all times, ensure that you get a hammock with a capacity that fits your kid. Never leave him unattended as even the slightest of accidents can cause severe injuries on your baby’s delicate body.
3. How long can my baby sleep in a hammock?
Hammocks are best suited for kids within the age limit of 0 to 12 months. After this age, most kids outgrow their hammocks which becomes risky for them to use. After 12 months, kids start getting playful and might even try to get out of the hammock yet they can barely control their fragile body.
4. Can I leave my baby to sleep in the hammock at night?
Although some parents leave their kids to sleep in hammocks overnight, this isn’t safe at all. You will outrightly be risking the safety of your baby a great deal. Remember that when using a hammock, you have to monitor your baby carefully. Will you do so while sleeping as well? If possible, avoid leaving him in it at night.
5. What should I do if my fussy baby doesn’t want to sleep in a hammock?
Sleeping in a hammock is not a must. You, therefore, shouldn’t force your little one to sleep in one if your baby doesn’t want to. To avoid such instances, always train your baby o use it when still a newborn. This way, you’ll never experience such problems in the future
Our top three picks in this lullaby hammock reviews are the Younique Baby Cradle Swing/Baby Jhula positioned first in the review, Orange and Orchid Cotton Baby Cradle/Baby Jhula Swing with Mosquito Net and Spring Set ranked second, and the Kidzy King Baby Hammock ranked in the third position.
Kidzy King Baby Hammock, though pricey, has all the features you would want your baby hammock to have. It will hold your baby securely and help him fall asleep with ease. It will give your baby all the comfort and also protect her from strangulation and suffocation due to the opening at the top. Younique Baby Cradle, on the other hand, comes at a reasonable price, keeps your baby protected from mosquitoes and bugs, Has the softest of fibers and also prevents your baby from choking in his sleep. The INDISWAN Stainless Steel Ghodiyu is a modern-day replica of the traditional Indian hammock which is steel corrosion-free and rust-free as well. You will use it to rock your baby, give him a pro-longed mother’s womb experience and above all, help him relax at all times.
This guide contains the best baby hammock amazon you can find in the Indian Market today. Now that you can’t purchase all of them go through them and select one that you feel will help your baby to sleep with ease. Follow all the safety tips listed as well as the instructions that will come with the hammock and give your baby the best childhood experience ever.