5 Best Activity Tables
Activity tables are essential learning tools required by every child during their growing age. These are designed as tables including several activities, toys, lights, sound effects, and colorful shapes. The elements ensure your baby with fun-filled playtime.
You can introduce your baby with an activity table from the age of 6 months. There is a number of benefits associated with this tool which we shall discuss in the following section of the article. We also provide a comprehensive buyer’s guide explaining all the essential factors which should be considered before making a purchase.
You can check out the detailed reviews of the top 5 activity tables available on Amazon. We also provide an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you gain more insight regarding the topic.
5 Best Activity Tables
Benefits of Activity Tables
Keeps your child entertained
The lights, sound effects, and other activities attract the attention of your baby. They keep your child entertained for a long time. Hence, you can complete your daily chores while your baby is engaged.
Helps in the development of motor skills
The activities of the table will require your baby to make movements. These movements strengthen the muscles of your little one. Activity tables ensure interactive play which helps in the development of fine and gross motor skills. Hence, it aids in the overall physical development.
Enhances your baby’s cognitive skills
The learning activities of the table will keep your child busy. They strengthen your child’s thinking, logical reasoning, learning, and reading capabilities. Hence, activity tables enhance your baby’s cognitive skills and help in his or her mental development.
Helps in learning
The learning content of the table teaches your child about alphabets, counting, shapes, and colors. Certain activity tables are bilingual. They introduce your baby to entry-level Spanish words.
Stimulates auditory and visual senses
The light and sound features of the table stimulate the visual and auditory senses of your child. It also comes with shapes and textures that stimulate the sense of touch and feel.
Check the minimum age recommendation of the activity table before making a purchase. The activities and toys of the learning table should be according to your child’s age. You can opt for an activity table that allows you to change the learning content as per your baby’s age. This will allow the activity table to grow along with your child.
You can also look for a table with extendable or removable legs. The legs can be attached once your baby learns to stand on his own.
The activity table should have a colorful, cute, and child-friendly design. Opt for a model that comes with a trapezoidal structural design. It ensures the stability and sturdiness of the activity center. Also, it should include patterns, textures, and fun-filled animal or cartoon toys.
The material of the activity table is another important factor that needs to be considered. Go for a learning table which is made using non-toxic premium quality plastic. This makes the product safe for your baby, and it also ensures its durability.
The safety of your baby should be your topmost priority. You must choose an activity table that is tested and meets all the safety standards. Ensure that the product comes with no sharp edges that would cause injuries to your little one. Also, it should be constructed using non-toxic material.
The activity table should be designed to include several fun-filled activities. These activities will help in enhancing your child’s mental and cognitive skills. The activities will also help in the development of his or her motor skills.
Ensure that the number of activities is sufficient. Also, they should be age-appropriate. Interesting and fun-filled activities will provide fun playtime. Moreover, they help in keeping your child engaged so that you can carry out your tasks.
Sound and Light Features
Ensure that you check the sound and light features of the activity table. It should be able to produce cheerful sounds, classical melodies, soothing tunes, and phrases. Also, the lighting feature should be by the sound effects. These features will stimulate your baby’s senses and will attract his or her attention.
The legs of the activity table should be strong and firm. You wouldn’t want them to break within a few days of purchase. Also, the sturdy legs will prevent the activity table from wobbling or toppling over during use. This is also an important safety feature that needs to be considered before purchase.
Top 5 Best Activity Tables
1. Techhark Multi-Functional Activity Table
The multi-functional activity table from Techhark includes several fun-filled activities that will keep your child engaged for a long time. These activities help in the learning process and the development of motor skills.
It comes with three piano models. In the first model, all the keys can be played like a piano. The big keys play color pronunciations while the small keys play music in the second mode. On the other hand, the big keys play numbers in the third model.
Hence, apart from being entertained, your child also gains knowledge about numbers and colors. This activity center is safe to use for children in the age group of 1 to 3 years.
- This is a multi-functional activity table weighing 3.3 kg.
- Dimensions: 44 x 38 x 47 cm.
- It comes with three piano models.
- The activity table includes fun elements like a movable train, number and multi-color blocks, active ring, doll, and car turntables, stretch out back worm, etc.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 1 to 3 years.
- It is made using high-grade plastic material.
- Helps in the development of fine and gross motor skills.
- It can make a conversation and play music.
- Provides your baby with fun-filled playtime.
- The number block enables your baby to learn about numbers, calculations, and color.
- It is safe to use.
- No height adjustment feature.
- The legs should be sturdier.
2. Little’s Musical Activity Table
The Little’s Musical Activity Table is Amazon’s choice. It is a light-weight multi-functional learning toy featuring extendable legs. Hence, it can be used in your baby’s cot, or you can convert it into an activity table.
This activity table includes sound and lighting effects that stimulate the senses of your baby. The features also manage to attract the attention of your child for a long time while creating self-awareness. The activities help in the development of motor skills and in building the self-confidence of your little one.
- The musical activity table weighs 989 grams.
- Dimensions: 37.4 x 8.2 x 27 cm.
- Suitable for babies in the age group of 12 months and above.
- The table includes a day and night cylindrical film, a musical flap book, a dinosaur, etc.
- It comes with extendable legs.
- It is made using non-toxic plastic material.
- Light-weight and easily portable.
- The sound and light effects attract the attention of your child.
- The safety of the product is tested.
- It can be used with a cot.
- Encourages your child to learn about daily concepts.
- The size is very small.
3. Baybee Learning Activity Table
The Babybee Learning Activity Center features a scientific trapezoidal design that ensures stability and sturdiness to the product. It is made using high-quality, durable material.
The activity table is the perfect learning tool, suitable for the growing years of your baby. It comes with sturdy removable legs that can be assembled when your child can stand. The legs can also be removed to enable your baby to sit and play.
The musical and lighting features of the table keep your baby entertained for a long time. Moreover, it includes fun animal and cartoon toys to provide him or her with a fun-filled playtime.
- The multi-functional learning table weighs 3 kg.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 6 months and above.
- The legs can be assembled or removed.
- It lights up and plays music, classical melodies, and cheerful songs.
- Includes seven multi-colored balls that can be stored in the legs.
- The table features colorful buttons and baby toys like cartoons, animals, etc.
- It has a scientific trapezoidal structure design.
- It is made using high-quality material.
- It can be tied on the bed for your kid to play with.
- The sturdy design enables your baby to stand and balance.
- It is hand-portable and can be easily carried by little kids.
- The colorful buttons, music, and lights will attract your child’s attention.
- It can be used during the growing age of your baby.
- Highly durable.
- Easy to assemble.
- It is a bit expensive.
4. GoAppuGo Musical Learning Activity Table
The GoAppuGo Musical activity table enables your child to play in sitting or standing positions. It includes a rotating monkey with a car that rides around it according to the rhythm of the melody. In fact, it comes with ten different fun-filled activities that will keep your baby entertained.
The model features a piano with various modes. It plays interesting sounds with lights that enhance the senses of your baby. Also, the activities help in the development of your baby’s fine and gross motor skills.
It is made using premium quality plastic. Hence, it comes with a good quality build. The GoAppuGo activity table is a great option for children in the age group of 1 to 3 years. It also encourages him or her to interact and express.
- Weight of this activity table is 3.5 kg.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 1 to 3 years.
- It is made using premium quality plastic.
- It comes with a piano featuring different modes.
- The activity table features a mobile steering wheel with horn, colorful shape sorters, the frog with fun beads, a car, flipbook with pages, and a rotating monkey.
- Includes lights and plays interesting sounds.
- Allows your baby to play in a sitting or standing position.
- Encourages your baby to interact.
- It helps in the development of motor skills.
- It has good build quality.
- Includes more than ten different activities.
- The volume of the sound was very low.
5. Fisher-Price Learning Activity Table
The Fisher-Price “Around The Town” Learning Activity Table includes four favorite visiting spots, namely market, home, zoo, and farm. The learning table helps in the overall development of children in the age group of 6 to 36 months.
It comes with lights and sounds to stimulate the senses of your child. It introduces your baby to colors, alphabets, numbers, opposites, and even Spanish words. You can also choose the level of learning so that the content changes according to your child’s age. This is the perfect learning and playing tool that will grow along with your little one.
- Weight of the product: 2.79 kg.
- Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 38 cm.
- Includes four favorite spots for your baby to visit: market, zoo, home, and farm.
- It comes with nine lights and 120+ songs, tunes and phrases.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 6 to 36 months.
- Features an interactive phone for role-playing.
- Allows play in sitting or standing positions.
- The three smart stages allow you to change the learning content as your baby grows.
- Teaches your child numbers, colors, alphabets, early Spanish words, counting, and opposites.
- It helps in the overall development of your child.
- It should be sturdier.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an activity table?
An activity table is a learning table made using non-toxic, high-quality plastic. It comprises of sounds, lights, learning activities, and toys. These fun elements ensure a fun-filled playtime to your little one. It also teaches your child about alphabets, numbers, shapes, etc.
2. Are activity tables good for babies?
Activity tables serve as comfortable and safe playing and learning spot for your child. They keep your baby engaged so that you get time off for your chores. Activity tables also manage to help in the overall physical and mental development of your child.
3. What age is an activity table suitable for?
Activity tables are usually designed for children in the age group of 6 months to 3 years. However, certain activity tables come with removable legs that enable you to use them with infants. The legs can be assembled once the baby reaches the age where he or she can stand alone
You can also change the learning content of the table to meet the age requirement. These activity tables grow along with your child.
4. What is the best activity table for a baby?
The best activity tables for a baby (minimum age requirement six months) are:
- Baybee Learning Activity Table
- Fisher-Price Learning Activity Table
Activity tables introduce your baby to interactive play. It comes with several benefits that make it a suitable gift idea for children. This article makes the task of choosing an activity table convenient for first-time buyers.
We have provided a comprehensive guide explaining all the essential factors to consider before purchase. The detailed reviews of the top 5 activity tables will help you make a choice accordingly. You can go to the Baybee Learning Activity Table if your child is in the age group of 6 months and above.
Another suitable option is the Techhark Multi-Functional Activity Table. It is designed for 1-3 year-old kids. We now come to the end of this article. We hope this article helps you in making the ideal purchase.