Best 4k Cameras
4K resolution, also called 4K, means that the video resolution is 4000 x 2000 pixels and in simplified terms, it is known as Ultra HD. This feature is now available in most of the digital appliances like 4K TV or cameras.
Particularly in the camera, if a camera has 4K clarity, then one will receive an image which is sharper than any standard camera. It will give Ultra HD quality results, which is an added advantage.
In common man’s term, these cameras are of superior quality and will provide professional quality results as well. So investing in a 4K camera will be advantageous in many ways.
It is not a common thing for ordinary people to invest in a 4K camera, but the ones that do they know how amazing this can be. It is mostly used by professionals who use it for work, but anybody can use it.
The HD quality is excellent, but 4K is even better, and having pictures of such quality is excellent. 4k cameras are slowly becoming popular and are hitting the market by storm. These cameras are ideal for professional as well as casual use.
In this guide, you will find the different types of 4K cameras, different factors to consider before buying a 4k camera, answers to frequently asked questions and a list of 8 best 4K cameras in India.
8 Best 4K Cameras
Types of 4K Cameras
There are so many cameras in the market, and choosing among them can be quite a difficult task. Even under 4K cameras, there are various types available, and one can choose among them depending on the requirement.
The most commonly used 4k cameras and very popular as well. These cameras are small in size, lightweight because there is no mirror and optical viewfinder components. Mirrorless Cameras are very easy to carry around. These are excellent for both still shots as well as 4K video recording. They have interchangeable lenses and give excellent results.
They are very commonly used cameras in recent times and a favorite of any professional photographer. This camera is amazing as it gives great results with high accuracy and depth. The newer cameras also allow video recording and not just still shots, and the quality is incomparable. DSLR cameras offer interchangeable lenses which will enable maximum accuracy when capturing stills or filming video.
With advancing technology, even smartphones are offering 4K quality, still shots, and recording. The high-end smartphones give excellent results with accurate detailing. If you don’t want to invest in a camera, then you can invest in a smartphone which will serve both the purposes.
Drone cameras are quite popular as they can be used to shoot in places which is tough for any man to do. But these drone cameras can not only shoot from difficult places but also shoot and record in 4K quality, which is a great feature.
4K Camera Buyer’s Guide
A few things to keep in mind before buying a 4K camera.
The camera should have enhanced features like an anti-distortion fast shutter speed that will allow you to take beautiful images with less distortion. The maximum aperture will also allow you to click pictures even in the brightest of setting.
Go for a camera that can take continuous shots at a fast speed and also capable of a slow-motion 4 K movie so that you never miss out on any important detail. A water-resistant feature is an added plus point as it helps you shoot underwater or even in the rain.
Ease of use:
The camera should have a tiltable LCD screen so that you can easily click the impossible low-angle and overhead shots. This feature makes it easy for you to take precise shots, even in the most challenging situations.
Also, a control ring on the lens helps in manually setting the aperture, shutter speed, and other essential features of the camera. Many cameras also come with one-touch remote controls which help you control the operations of your camera even from a distance.
The camera should be useful and precise in taking challenging shots. It should be able to capture fast-moving shots without any camera shake or motion blur. The high megapixel of the camera along with fast autofocus will help you in taking these shots continuously at a super-fast speed. The effective megapixels and AF system will also help you record 4 K movies in outstanding quality.
The camera should be easily connected to your smartphone and other devices. So, the camera must be compatible with WiFi. The WiFi connectivity allows you to transfer images, videos, and more to the NFC enabled Android devices using a supported mobile app. It should also be compatible with the QR code so that you can connect the camera to any other device.
Always choose a size as per your convenience. However, a bulky and heavy camera will be difficult to carry around. Hence, try going for a compact size camera that is easily portable so that you can shoot in even the most remote locations without having to carry much load.
Setting a budget is extremely important. There are many cameras available with different price tags, but choosing among them depends from person to person. Generally, the expensive ones are really good in most of the aspects, but if you are a beginner, then you can start by using a budget camera.
These cameras are generally used for professional purposes like shooting or clicking high-quality pictures but can also be bought otherwise. Some may buy it for clicking photos in general or to keep memories or buy them to use it completely for professional use.
Camera Lens is an important thing in any camera. A good lens will give better quality results than average cameras and lenses. The lens is the most crucial feature that determines how good the camera is. It can make the picture ten times better if the lens is of good quality.
It is an essential thing in any electronic device. A good battery will ensure better performance and can be used for a long time as well. If the camera has a good battery life, then it can run for a longer time, which means that it can be used for a longer time as well.
A camera with remote control is much easier to handle than any other camera since it becomes portable and can be used in a much better way. A remote control ensures better control and can come in handy during times of use.
The waterproof camera can be used in many situations and can be universally used. If it is waterproof, then it can be used underwater or shoots involving water. Being water-resistant can be useful in many ways and can be used in several other ways and not just limit to normal uses.
1. Sony Compact DSC-RX100M5A Digital 4 K Camera
The model comes with a 3-inch display that can be tilted up to 180 degrees so that you can easily make the impossible low-angle and over headshots. It can easily be connected to both NFC and non-NFC enabled devices because of its WiFi and QR code compatibility.
This camera also comes with a control ring around the lens so that you can manually adjust the aperture and shutter speed settings as per your requirement. The lens comes with an anti-reflection coating so that you can capture images even in brightness without flare and ghost. Hence, this is the ideal choice for any photographer, be it a professional or someone who simply loves photography.
- Features a 3 inch LCD screen.
- The screen can be tilted to 180 degrees for taking selfies and low-angle shots.
- Has a cutting edge AF system, combined with 0.05 seconds 3 AF speed, comprehensive coverage with 315 phase-detection AF points.
- Optical sensor type: 1.0 type CMOS image sensor with a DRAM chip having a resolution is 20.1 Mp.
- Lens type: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* F1.8-2.8 lens with a diameter of 24-70 mm.
- Comes with a 4 K movie recording feature with full pixel readout.
- Can record slow-motion movies and videos at speed up to 960 fps.
- Supports WiFi allowing you to connect to an NFC enabled Android device by installing the Play Memories mobile app.
- Anti-Distortion shutter speed: up to 1/32000 seconds.
- A control ring surrounds the lens for manually controlling the shutter speed, aperture, and more.
- The auto-focus is improved because of its AF system.
- Allows you to take up to 150 continuous shots at a speed of 24 fps.
- The Zeiss T coating on lens reduces flare and ghost, allowing you to capture beautiful background images without camera shake and reduced motion blur.
- The compact size makes it easy to carry.
- Fast shutter speed reduces distortion of the image and enables you to capture images even in the most bright settings.
- The QR code compatibility enables you to connect the easily with non-NFC smartphones.
- No negative points were seen so far.
2. SJ6 Legend
This is a great option to consider in the area of 4K cameras. It has amazing features with a great lens that will help you to capture the perfect shot. It is waterproof and hence can be used anywhere in any extensive weather conditions to make the best out of the situation. It is sturdy and well built and will make a good purchase.
- It has a Wideangle: 166°
- It is of the Panasonic series
- It has HD support
- It is waterproof
- It supports WiFi
- The memory is expandable up to 128 GB
- It has a display screen
- A remote controller can control it as well
- It has an electronic image stabilization feature
- The lens can be adjusted for a comfortable capture
- It supports high definition in 4k@24fps interpolation
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAH
- 2.0? LCD touchscreen
- It has a lens that can be adjusted according to light
- Gyro Stabilization
- Waterproof touch backdoor which is waterproof up to 3 meters.
- Mic compatibility makes 100% sure that the audio level will be strong enough to accompany your coveted video footage.
- Distortion Correction allows shooting wide-angle videos and photos without the bulging look. There is no need for a 3rd party software editor to post-process.
- There is no night shot function
- No Bluetooth support
3. DJI OSMO 4K 12MP Camera
Another one in this list and one of the best. It has a great camera that is capable of capturing amazing shots. It is compact and small in size, which makes it extremely handy to use. It is a US-based product and has great reviews as well. It can be used for different purposes, like clicking or making videos.
- It can be used to record 4K (4096 x 2160) video at 24 or 25P
- It can capture exceptional raw still photos
- Gimbal controls can handle it
- It is small and compact
- It can also be used in the manual mode for personalized clicks
- It has a built-in microphone as well
- 6-hour standby time
- 1 hour of video shooting
- Fully stabilized 4K, 12MP camera optimized for ground use
- Slow-motion and audio recording
- Tripod-free long exposures
- Remote camera control
- Secure grip
- The battery only lasts an hour
- European plugin with no external adapter
4. Sunco Ambarella 4k Camera
A great camera in the category of 4K cameras which is capable of recording high-quality videos that will be much superior to other mediocre cameras. It supports WiFi, which is another added advantage and makes this camera a great choice.
- It supports WiFi
- It has a great lens
- The 170-degree wide-angle lens
- It can be used for recording videos as well
- It can be used for professional-level photography
- It can be used for action-based video or photography
- It is easy to use and carry
- It is small in size and lightweight
- 2.0’’ Full HD Screen
- Electronic Image stabilization
- Optional Remote Control
- 4k*30FPS Ultra HD video quality gives you a real world
- It has a wide-angle lens
- 60 meters depth waterproof case with WIFI
- In low light, the photographs come out quite blurry, unless the subject is still.
- Average battery life
5. YI 4K Action Camera
This is another one in this list of 4K cameras, and this is an impressive camera. It has all the essential features that make it a great camera. It comes with an additional selfie stick which can enter in handy to click instant pictures. It can be used to click and capture photos and videos in full HD. It is small in size and lightweight, which makes it easy and convenient to carry.
- It records incomplete HD quality
- It has a 160° wide-angle lens with F28 aperture
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It has an LCD screen for previewing
- It is compact and lightweight
- It has built-in Bluetooth
- It has a remote controller to click instant photos
- It has Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) to guarantee ultra-clear and stable, high-resolution video and photo even in low light conditions
- The added selfie stick is very handy for clicking instant photos
- Built with the new generation Ambarella A9SE75 chip, Sony IMX377 image sensor, and seven layers of all glass lenses.
- Records 4K/30fps at 100mbps, 4x the quality of 1080p.
- It has a remote control and a selfie stick which can be handy for users
- Seven layers of all glass optical lenses combined with F2.8 large aperture increases light intake to capture crisp and detailed footage.
- 2.19? Gorilla Glass LCD screen, resists scratches and daily impact and is viewable from a 160°angle.
- No mounts and waterproof casing comes along
- Underwater use is a little difficult
6. Procus Rush
Procus rush is a great 4K camera as well that has many great features which makes it a great choice for anyone looking to purchase one. It is waterproof, and hence, actions are not limited. It can be used to click and record high-quality pictures and videos. It is ideal for professional works as well.
- It is a 4K Ultra HD Action Camera
- It has got a curved mount which is ideal for shooting on the go
- It is a waterproof camera and is ideal for any water-related shoots
- It comes with many accessories which can be used in different ways
- It has built-in WiFi and HDMI support
- It comes with two batteries and a carry pouch as well
- It clicks and records everything in 4K quality
- It has WiFi and HDMI support
- Procus Rush FULL PACK includes 23 Accessories
- 4K @30fps videos with 16MP photos for incredible photos, which is four times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- 100 Feet(30m) waterproof camera.
- It has an average battery life
- Stabilization is poor
- Sometimes Overheating issue
7. V-CAM Sports Action Camera 4k
This 4K camera is a great product and ideal for beginners as well as professionals. It comes with many spectacular features. You can use it to record the events of your everyday life or something special and all of this in HD quality. It is waterproof, which makes it pretty much universal and can be used easily anywhere. It comes with many accessories that will enhance your shooting and recording experience.
- It can be used for high-speed shooting in HD quality
- It has built-in WiFi
- It is wireless which means it can be controlled easily from phones
- It is fast and does not slow down or lag
- It has an LCD screen that allows a quick preview
- It has a 170-degree wide-angle fish-eye lens
- It can Time Lapse, Burst Shot, and Loop Recording features
- It is equipped with IP68 waterproof case, durable waterproof to 100 feet
- It is compatible with android and IOS devices
- High-Speed Shooting & Definition: Up to 60fps recording frames rate make a big difference when others only go up to 30fps, which enable crisp, clean image and video capture of fast-moving objects.
- Wireless Control which helps in viewing the live images online in minutes.
- 2-inch LCD Display allows you to Live preview.
- 170-degree wide-angle fish-eye lens won’t miss any of the action going on in front of you.
- IP68 waterproof case makes it waterproof to 100 Feet.
- It has an average battery life
8. Romax Action Camera
Another amazing camera in the list which has terrific features and makes a great 4K camera. It is waterproof and can be used in a variety of places to capture the best moments. It has a 30-megapixel camera which makes sure that you get the perfect shot and also in HD quality, which has perfection and detailing.
- It has a 30 Megapixels camera which enables 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Loop recording and time-lapse recording can be done using this
- It is waterproof
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It has Image Stabilization feature as well
- It is made to record in extreme conditions as well
- It has a remote controller which makes handling the camera super easy
- It is compatible with IOS and android devices
- It is compatible with IOS and android devices
- 30 Megapixels 4K Ultra HD Video Recording
- Underwater resistant Up to 30 meters.
- A 170-degree ultra-wide-angle lens can capture everything that you desire
- Support the external MIC
- 1500 mah Battery
- It has an average battery life
- Mic quality is not at par
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are 4k cameras?
A 4 K camera ensures superior and professional quality ultra HD images. The camera produces a super sharp, detailed image that has enhanced clarity. It has a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels which is more than any standard camera.
2. Is 4 k better than HD and 1080p?
A camera having a standard HD 1080 p does not produce an image quality as high as a 4 K camera. 4 K resolution is considered to be Ultra HD with a resolution four time more than that of a standard HD camera of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Hence, a 4 K resolution is better than HD and 1080 p as there is a considerable difference between clarity and quality of the image.
3. Who needs a 4 k camera?
Any individual who loves photography needs a 4 K camera to take the perfect shots. However, 4 K cameras are mostly used by professionals for capturing images and recording movies or videos in an Ultra HD quality. Thus, if you are someone who loves the art of photography, you should invest in a 4 K camera as it will not let you down.
The above mentioned 4K cameras are really amazing and serve the purpose of the users. It can be used by any beginner as well as a professional photographer or cameraman. All of them are high-quality cameras, but their prices differ. One can choose any of the cameras mentioned above as per needs and requirements. A 4K camera can give amazing results both in videos as well as still shots.
Most of the cameras are waterproof, which means it can be used to shoot or record underwater life and things.
Hence all the cameras mentioned above are highly recommended and will make a great purchase no matter what.