Best 4k Cameras
A 4K camera simply means a camera with 4,000 pixels of width for its footage. Such cameras have a clear and clean picture quality. These cameras are the best for professional photographers and those who are studying photography.
4K or UltraHD cameras contain four times as many pixels as 1080p / FullHD resolution. Since thee cameras provide you with better images, they have gained a lot of popularity and are more often opted for.
Your videos ill also have better picture quality, and you can easily view them on larger displays without worrying that the quality will be reduced.
7 Best 4K Cameras in India
Types of 4K Cameras
There are so many cameras in the market, and choosing among them can be quite a difficult task. Even under 4K cameras, there are various types available, and one can choose among them depending on the requirement.
These are the most commonly used 4k cameras and very popular as well. These cameras are small in size, lightweight because there is no mirror and optical viewfinder components. Mirrorless Cameras are very easy to carry around.
They are very commonly used cameras in recent times and a favourite of any professional photographer. This camera is amazing as it gives great results with high accuracy and depth.
The newer cameras also allow video recording and not just still shots, and the quality is incomparable. DSLR cameras offer interchangeable lenses, which will enable maximum accuracy when capturing stills or filming a video.
With advancing technology, even smartphones are offering 4K quality, still shots, and recording. The high-end smartphones give excellent results with accurate detailing.
If you don’t want to invest in a camera, you can invest in a smartphone to serve both the purposes.
Drone cameras are quite popular as they can be used to shoot in places, which is tough for any man. These drone cameras can shoot from difficult places and shoot and record in 4K quality, which is a great feature.
4K Camera Buyer’s Guide
A few things to keep in mind before buying a 4K camera.
The camera should have enhanced features like an anti-distortion fast shutter speed that will allow you to take beautiful images with less distortion. The maximum aperture will also allow you to click pictures even in the brightest of settings.
Go for a camera that can take continuous shots at a fast speed and also capable of a slow-motion 4 K movie so that you never miss out on any important detail.
A water-resistant feature is an added plus point as it helps you shoot underwater or even in the rain.
Ease of use
The camera should have a tiltable LCD screen so that you can easily click the impossible low-angle and overhead shots. This feature makes it easy for you to take precise shots, even in the most challenging situations.
Also, a control ring on the lens helps manually set the aperture, shutter speed, and other essential features of the camera.
Many cameras also come with one-touch remote controls, which help you control the operations of your camera even from a distance.
The camera should be useful and precise in taking challenging shots. It should be able to capture fast-moving shots without any camera shake or motion blur.
The high megapixel of the camera and fast autofocus will help you take these shots continuously at a super-fast speed.
The effective megapixels and AF system will also help you record 4 K movies in outstanding quality.
The camera should be easily connected to your smartphone and other devices. So, the camera must be compatible with WiFi. The WiFi connectivity allows you to transfer images, videos, and more to the NFC enabled Android devices using a supported mobile app.
It should also be compatible with the QR code so that you can connect the camera to any other device.
Always choose a camera according to your convenience. However, a bulky and heavy camera will be difficult to carry around.
Hence, try going for a compact size camera that is easily portable so that you can shoot in even the most remote locations without having to carry much load.
Setting a budget is extremely important. There are many cameras available with different price tags, but choosing among them depends from person to person.
Generally, the expensive ones are really good in most aspects, but if you are a beginner, you can start by using a budget camera.
These cameras are generally used for professional purposes like shooting or clicking high-quality pictures but can also be bought otherwise. Some may buy it for clicking photos in general or to keep memories or buy them completely for professional use.
The camera lens is an important thing in any camera. A good lens will give better quality results than average cameras and lenses. The lens is the most crucial feature that determines how good the camera is.
It can make the picture ten times better if the lens is of good quality.
It is an essential thing in any electronic device. A good battery will ensure better performance and can be used for a long time as well. If the camera has a good battery life, then it can run for a longer time, which means that it can be used for a longer time as well.
A camera with remote control is much easier to handle than any other camera since it becomes portable and can be used in a much better way. A remote control ensures better control and can come in handy during times of use.
The waterproof camera can be used in many situations and can be universally used. If it is waterproof, then it can be used underwater or shoots involving water.
Being water-resistant can be useful in many ways and can be used in several ways and not just limit to normal uses.
7 Best 4K Cameras
1. Sony 4 K Camera
The model comes with a 3-inch display that can be tilted up to 180 degrees so that you can easily make the impossible low-angle and over headshots.
It can easily be connected to both NFC and non-NFC enabled devices because of its WiFi and QR code compatibility.
This camera also comes with a control ring around the lens so that you can manually adjust the aperture and shutter speed settings as per your requirement.
The lens comes with an anti-reflection coating so that you can capture images even in brightness without flare and ghosts.
Hence, this is the ideal choice for any photographer, be it a professional or someone who simply loves photography.
- Features a 3 inch LCD screen
- The screen can be tilted to 180 degrees for taking selfies and low-angle shots
- Has a cutting edge AF system, combined with 0.05 seconds 3 AF speed, comprehensive coverage with 315 phase-detection AF points
- Optical sensor type: 1.0 type CMOS image sensor with a DRAM chip having a resolution is 20.1 Mp
- Lens type: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* F1.8-2.8 lens with a diameter of 24-70 mm
- Comes with a 4 K movie recording feature with full pixel readout
- Can record slow-motion movies and videos at speed up to 960 fps
- Supports WiFi allowing you to connect to an NFC enabled Android device by installing the Play Memories mobile app
- Anti-Distortion shutter speed: up to 1/32000 seconds
- A control ring surrounds the lens for manually controlling the shutter speed, aperture, and more
- The auto-focus is improved because of its AF system
- It allows you to take up to 150 continuous shots at a speed of 24 fps
- The Zeiss T coating on lens reduces flare and ghost, allowing you to capture beautiful background images without camera shake and reduced motion blur
- The compact size makes it easy to carry
- Fast shutter speed reduces distortion of the image and enables you to capture images even in the most bright settings
- The QR code compatibility enables you to connect easily with non-NFC smartphones
- No negative points were observed so far.
2. Noise Play SE 4K Camera
The Noise SE is a 4 K sports and action camera with waterproof housing, making it possible for you to use it 30 meters underwater. It has a wide-angle lens of 170 º which enables you to explore the horizons to the fullest.
Also, it comes with a wireless remote control that will help you take the perfect still shots with just a press of the button. Moreover, you can shoot the best detailed life-like videos for up to 150 minutes on a single charge.
- It allows you to capture images and explore the horizons with its super-wide-angle 170 º lens
- Photo resolution: 16 MP
- Digital storage capacity: 64 GB
- Comes with 120 FPS slow motion and burst mode
- Nature can be shot with the time-lapse mode
- Features a rugged body that is suitable for use 30 meters underwater
- Comes with wireless remote control
- It comes with 13 accessories, including straps, mounts, waterproof housing, and more
- It requires a 1050 mAh battery and has an average battery life of 2.5 hours
- Can withstand bumps and scratches so can be easily carried on a trip
- Waterproof housing for the use of up to 30 meters underwater
- The wireless remote control makes starting or pausing a video and taking still pictures conveniently with the touch of a button
- Comes with accessories that users won’t have to purchase separately
- The video quality could be better
3. Procus 4K HD
This 4K camera has a 16 MP camera and is waterproof. It captures great high-quality videos and images. It supports HDMI and WIFI and you can then view all your files on your phone.
Comes with several items like wire cable, cleaning cloth, back clip, communicator and more. Let’s take a look at the features of this camera.
- Consists of the latest chipset for better quality
- Waterproof up to 30 m
- 140-degree wide-angle lens
- 1050 mAh battery
- Comes with a manual, lens cloth and USB cable
- It can capture at 16MP and 30 frames per second
- Built-in Wifi
- Comes with a waterproof case
- Supports a number of different languages
- It looks smart, sleek and attractive
- Battery life is good at about 2 hours
- Quality could be better
4. YI 4K Action Camera
This is another one in this list of 4K cameras, and this is an impressive camera. It has all the essential features that make it a great camera.
It comes with an additional selfie stick that can enter in handy to click instant pictures. It can be used to click and capture photos and videos in full HD. It is small in size and lightweight, which makes it easy and convenient to carry.
- It records incomplete HD quality
- It has a 160° wide-angle lens with F28 aperture
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It has an LCD screen for previewing
- It is compact and lightweight
- It has built-in Bluetooth
- It has a remote controller to click instant photos
- It has Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) to guarantee ultra-clear and stable, high-resolution video and photo even in low light conditions
- The added selfie stick is very handy for clicking instant photos
- Built with the new generation Ambarella A9SE75 chip, Sony IMX377 image sensor, and seven layers of all glass lenses
- Records 4K/30fps at 100mbps, 4x the quality of 1080p
- It has a remote control and a selfie stick, which can be handy for users
- Seven layers of all glass optical lenses combined with F2.8 large aperture increases light intake to capture crisp and detailed footage
- 2.19″ Gorilla Glass LCD screen resists scratches and daily impact and is viewable from a 160°angle
- No mounts and waterproof casing comes along
- Underwater use is a little difficult
5. Procus Rush
Procus rush is a great 4K camera as well that has many great features, which makes it a great choice for anyone looking to purchase one.
It is waterproof, and hence, actions are not limited. It can be used to click and record high-quality pictures and videos. It is ideal for professional works as well.
- It is a 4K Ultra HD Action Camera
- It has got a curved mount which is ideal for shooting on the go
- It is a waterproof camera and is ideal for any water-related shoots
- It comes with many accessories which can be used in different ways
- It has built-in WiFi and HDMI support
- It comes with two batteries and a carry pouch as well
- It clicks and records everything in 4K quality
- It has WiFi and HDMI support
- Procus Rush FULL PACK includes 23 accessories
- 4K @30fps videos with 16MP photos for incredible photos, which is four times the resolution of traditional HD cameras
- 100 Feet(30m) waterproof camera
- It has an average battery life
- Stabilization is poor
6. V-CAM Camera 4k
This 4K camera is a great product and ideal for beginners as well as professionals. It comes with many spectacular features. You can use it to record the events of your everyday life or something special and all of this in HD quality.
It is waterproof, which makes it pretty much universal and can be used easily anywhere. It comes with many accessories that will enhance your shooting and recording experience.
- It can be used for high-speed shooting in HD quality
- It has built-in WiFi
- It is wireless, which means it can be controlled easily from phones
- It is fast and does not slow down or lag
- It has an LCD screen that allows a quick preview
- It has a 170-degree wide-angle fish-eye lens
- It has Time Lapse, Burst Shot, and Loop Recording features
- It is equipped with IP68 waterproof case, durable waterproof to 100 feet
- It is compatible with android and IOS devices
- High-Speed Shooting & Definition: Up to 60fps recording frames rate make a big difference when others only go up to 30fps, which enable crisp, clean image and video capture of fast-moving objects
- Wireless Control which helps in viewing the live images online in minutes
- 2-inch LCD Display allows you to live preview
- 170-degree wide-angle fish-eye lens won’t miss any of the action going on in front of you
- IP68 waterproof case makes it waterproof to 100 feet
- It has an average battery life
7. Romax Action Camera
Another amazing camera on the list which has terrific features and makes a great 4K camera. It is waterproof and can be used in a variety of places to capture the best moments.
It has a 30-megapixel camera, which makes sure that you get the perfect shot and also in HD quality, which has perfection and detailing.
- It has a 30 megapixels camera which enables 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Loop recording and time-lapse recording can be done using this
- It is waterproof
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It has Image Stabilization feature as well
- It is made to record in extreme conditions as well
- It has a remote controller which makes handling the camera super easy
- It is compatible with IOS and android devices
- It is compatible with IOS and android devices
- 30 Megapixels 4K Ultra HD Video Recording
- Underwater resistant up to 30 meters
- A 170-degree ultra-wide-angle lens can capture everything that you desire
- Support the external MIC
- 1500 mah Battery
- It has an average battery life
- Mic quality is not at par
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are 4k cameras?
A 4 K camera ensures superior and professional quality ultra HD images. The camera produces a super sharp, detailed image that has enhanced clarity. It has a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels, which is more than any standard camera.
2. Is 4 k better than HD and 1080p?
A camera having a standard HD 1080 p does not produce an image quality as high as a 4 K camera. 4 K resolution is considered to be Ultra HD with a resolution four times more than that of a standard HD camera of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Hence, a 4 K resolution is better than HD and 1080 p as there is a considerable difference between clarity and quality of the image.
3. Who needs a 4 k camera?
Any individual who loves photography needs a 4 K camera to take the perfect shots. However, professionals mostly use 4 K cameras are mostly used by professionals for capturing images and record movies or videos in an Ultra HD quality.
Thus, if you love the art of photography, you should invest in a 4 K camera as it will not let you down.
4. Is 4 K camera better than 1080 p?
Yes. A 4 K camera has a resolution four times higher than 1080 p video. A 4 K camera has a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels while a 1080 p camera consists of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Hence, the 4 K camera is better since it provides a more detailed and life-like visual quality than the 1080 p.
5. Can the human eye see a 4k resolution?
No. According to experts, even though the number of pixels is increased four times compared to the standard HD quality, the human eye cannot perceive the difference.
6. What does a 4k camera mean?
A 4 K camera means that the camera has a resolution of 4,096 x 2,160 pixels. This ensures a sharper and detailed picture quality with a life-like visual experience. It has a resolution four times that of the standard resolution.
7. How many megapixels is 4 K?
4K, in terms of resolution, is 4,096 x 2,160 pixels. Hence, it is about 8.5 megapixels.
4K cameras have gained a lot of popularity and are a good choice for any photograph lover to go for. All of these cameras will give you good quality performance and will allow you to shoot good videos as well.
Our top picks are
Buy any 4K camera from this ist and experience the fun of taking good photos and videos that you and everyone else will love to look at. Remember to take proper care of your camera to ensure that it lasts for a long time.