Best Vlogging Camera
Vlogging has gained so much popularity today that camera manufacturers have started making cameras, especially for that purpose. Whether you want to create your personal journal, start a Youtube channel or stay in touch with our family, a vlogging camera eases your job.
But if you want to reach out to many audiences and want your vlog to have a professional feel, then you need a good and quality camera.
You do not need a big camera because it should be as compact as possible so that you can carry the camera easily as you make your vlog. With this article, you can find the best vlogging camera for yourself that suits all the requirements.
Top 9 Vlogging Cameras
Outdoor Vlogging Camera
Outdoor Vlogging Camera
Vlogging Camera for everyday activities
Vlogging Camera for crisp video
Touchscreen Digital Camera
Deep Underwater Camera
Sleek Camera for Vlogging
Dynamic Vlogging Camera
Simple and user friendly Camera
Types of Vlogging Camera
There are no major classifications of vlogging cameras and most of the classification you find is based on their uses and features. The classification of vlogging cameras can be based on:
Touchscreen Vlogging Camera
Touchscreen vlogging cameras are one of the easiest and stylish vlogging cameras you will find online. They contain less button and most times just one button which has many functions.
They are very easy to use and contains more useful features which are suitable for amateurs.
Remote Control Vlogging Camera
These are cameras that can be controlled remotely from a distance and they make it easy for your vlogging activities. They are different types of remote controls panel for these cameras, some have wrist remote control panels, and some have remote control pads and so on.
Underwater Vlogging Camera
There are specific cameras designed to go underwater without causing damages to the camera.
These cameras are usually IPX4 or IPX5 certified and can capture clear images underwater and do not require a protective casing for the camera.
The Features to Look For in Vlogging Camera
We have so many cameras online, but not all of them may be suitable for blogging. However, there are some specific features a camera should possess so they will be adequate to carry out the task of vlogging.
Now, here are some of the features we should take note of in choosing a camera for our vlogging exercise.
The resolution of the camera
The resolution of the camera will determine the quality of images that will be produced from the camera.
The resolution does not necessarily have to be too high but moderate enough to produce quality images for the viewing pleasure of your viewers.
At least a resolution of 8 megapixels will carry out the task effectively although you can go higher than this resolution. Note that you do not have to spend a fortune based on you want a high-resolution camera as a moderate one will be OK.
Can be able to capture video
You should always check that the camera you are going to buy should be able to record videos. You should note that not all cameras support video recording, and some are just for taking pictures.
Aside from checking if the camera support recording, ensure that the recording is of high quality and support at least HD recording. A clear Video recording is important to get the audience engaged in your vlog.
In most cases, some people run their vlogging by themselves, including video production. It will be a considerable task running back and forth to hit play, pause, or stop button.
So it will be best to go for a camera with the ability to be controlled remotely.
Some certain cameras can be controlled with a smartphone connected to the camera with Bluetooth devices.
Stay in front of the camera as the main focus while you hit the play button and get your vlogging on the way as you can as well pause and stop the recording right from where you are standing.
Editing features of the camera
You should check out the features of the camera, such as those that you can use to edit images and videos. Some of these cameras come with pre-installed effects that you can use to edit your images and make them top quality.
With these features, you do not have to bother about editing your work before putting them online. You will save more time with these features present, and in most cases, they are easier to use than using the computer system to edit your work.
Share your videos online.
You want to grow your audience by sharing your vlog to as many social media channels as possible, and you can do this by posting regularly on social media. The task of sharing your vlog on your favorite social media platform can be made easier with cameras that are connected to your smartphone.
Some cameras can share images and video as they are recorded on your camera. These are done with the aid of software, for example, the Snapbridge installed on the smartphone.
As soon as you finish recording and editing your video, you can post it directly on your social media platforms from your smartphone as you keep your audiences updated on the latest vlog content.
Connectivity of the camera
Your camera should either have a Bluetooth connection, near field connection or a Wi-Fi connection so you can easily connect with other devices. A camera that has two or three of them is a good option as it will easily be compatible with most devices for sharing videos.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection is prevalent with modern devices, and a camera that has either or both of them will connect with most devices. The presence of these devices will make it easy and faster in sharing your videos primarily online.
Compatibility of the camera
During vlogging, they might be some cases where you have to move your camera around, and this will require you to carry the camera. If the camera is too heavy, it will make the task more difficult, especially if you do not have a crew working with you.
You should endeavor to put the weight of the camera into consideration and make sure it is very portable for you to handle and carry. These cameras usually come along with a bag where you can package all the equipment of the camera, including the camera for easy movement.
The space available for storage should be considered as you will need enough space to save your works on the camera. The cameras you will find online come with memory cards to store your works, and the sizes of the memory cards vary from 8GB to 32GB.
The more the storage space, the more works you can store on your camera as you will not have to lose many files deleting some files for space
Ease of use
The camera you will use in running your vlog should be easy to use, especially if you do not have a crew to work with you in the production.
A simple camera will require you to point and shoot without any other unnecessary settings required. And with this simple camera, you have to set the timing to start recording as you stand in front of the camera
The lens of the camera
There are different types of lens and they have their capacity as well as a range of images the lens can capture.
While the lens of some cameras can be changed, others are fixed and cannot be changed and you have to put these into consideration when choosing the type of camera to camera to buy
The battery life of the camera
The battery life of the camera is a very important feature to consider especially if you intend to capture images and video outdoors. A vlogger that showcase outdoor activities will require a battery that can last longer than normal battery.
The Sensor of the camera
The sensor is a sensitive part of the camera that will determine the quality of images that you can capture. The bigger the sensor the more quality image you will get and you should notice that the one with the bigger sensor is more expensive than the one with a smaller sensor.
The purpose of buying the camera
The purpose of buying the camera will be another factor to consider in buying a camera. If you want to use the camera underwater, then you must go for a camera with waterproof features that will prevent the camera from getting damaged.
Stabilization is essential to provide a clear and quality image as this will prevent blur image from unsteady handling of the camera. Some cameras have features that ensure that the image is captured clearly regardless of how unbalanced you may be positioned.
Vlogging requires a camera that comes with a microphone or has a place where an external microphone can be inserted. Without a microphone, there will be no sound effect which will reduce the quality and effect of the video.
8 Best Vlogging Camera
1. CANON Power Shot G7X Mark II
If you are looking for a camera that is suitable for vlogging, Canon Power Shot G7X Mark II would be the best option. It has an excellent video recording capability that would enhance your traveling and vlogging.
With its 8fps continuous shooting, you would never miss a moment of capturing anything. Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- It comes with an all-new DIGIC 7 Imaging Processor, which makes the running of this camera very smooth and efficient.
- It enhances the look at low light conditions as well and enables a more natural depiction of contrast in backlit scenes.
- The AutoFocus has a better tracking performance allowing you to capture essential subjects.
- 20.1 Megapixel and 1.0-inch type CMOS sensors are equipped with this camera.
- It has a 3.0-inch touch screen, which could be rotated easily.
- It has different shooting modes such as “Panning,” “Time-lapse movie,” and “Short Clip (Movie), which makes it easy for those who do not have much knowledge about different techniques.
- It allows you to click distant objects, as well. Thanks to its 4.2x Optical Zoom 24 – 100mm
- To manage all the settings of this camera, it has a 3.0-inch tilt-type touchscreen, which can be rotated 180° upwards, 45° downwards.
- It is an ideal option for traveling because of its sleek and compact body design.
- Never miss a moment if you have this camera with you because of its eight fps continuous shooting.
- It allows you to record HD videos 1080/60p.
- To increase the connectivity, it is Wifi + NFC enabled.
- No negative points were observed
2. Noise Play SE Sports and Action Camera – Outdoor Vlogging Camera
Check out this special edition of Noise Play series for your enjoyable vlogging experience. The camera is so tough that you can use it on any environmental conditions like in the rain, underwater or in a dusty environment.
Capture your outdoor experience and easily share them with Wi-Fi to your smartphone so you can easily share online. You can go deep in the water with this camera because of the water resistant ability as you capture your quality time underwater.
With the remote control, you control the camera from anywhere you are and create quality vlogging content by yourself.
- You will enjoy an excellent video of 4K 30fps quality as you record your vlog.
- The camera has a remote control that you can use to control the action from anywhere you are standing.
- You can capture a broader view with its 170-degree lens.
- The screen size is 2 inches, and the product dimension is 5.9 x 4.1 x 2.1 cm.
- Take clear and crisp images with its 16-megapixel lens.
- There is enough space to store your work with 60GB external memory card available.
- The maximum shutter speed is 120 while the minimum shutter speed is 20.
- The battery can last up to two and a half hours of use.
- The material used in making the camera is plastic.
- The camera is waterproof, and you can film underwater.
- It also comes with a cycle mount.
- There is a mic you can attach to the camera when filming for good sound quality.
- The camera is easy to use for vlogging with the remote control through which you can control the camera.
- You can take your vlogging anywhere with this camera as it is durable and water resistant. You can film underwater up to 30 meters with this camera
- The camera is light in weight and easy to handle; you can also swim with it while under water.
- The mic that comes with the package ensures excellent sound quality when recording.
- There are no major cons with the camera except that the video quality is not that impressive.
3. Process Rush Action Camera – Vlogging Camera for everyday activities
The Process Rush 2.0 has everything that you will require for your everyday activities, and the manufacturer has thought of everything.
You can take this camera on all your adventure and capture quality moments as you scuba dive, bike riding, mountain climbing, road walk, and even capture home activities with your kids.
The camera is easy to use as simple as plug and play with its remote control for convenience. You have complete accessories with this camera and with the bags that come along with it; you can carry every single accessory easily.
It is the perfect camera to record your everyday activities and share with your audiences. Keep all your lovely moments in memory forever with clear and quality images.
- You can capture professional photos with its 4K 30fps capacity to produce high definition video.
- The resolution is impressive with its 16 MP camera.
- It comes with a bicycle bracket to mount the camera on your bicycle and capture your riding adventure on video.
- The camera is waterproof along with the camera bag to keep your items secure as you dive underwater.
- A unique wireless wrist remote control that gives you access to the camera to perform lots of function while recording.
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi that you can connect easily with your phones or tablet.
- It is compatible with Android and IOS devices.
- It has a mic for sound production.
- It comes with two batteries for long-lasting recording.
- It is easy to control with the wrist remote control as you can control the recording, play, and pause as well as use effects with this camera.
- The camera bag is sturdy and can carry all the accessories that come along with the camera.
- You can connect with your phones as you download the app on your phones or tablet for accessible communication.
- You can go as deep as 30m underwater with this camera as your capture crisp and clear images.
- There is no autofocus on the camera, which makes it difficult to use.
- The software used for connecting with your phone or tablet does not connect as effectively as it is supposed.
- The quality of the external mic is poor and not as effective in production as it is supposed.
4. SJCam SJ4000 Action Camera – Vlogging Camera for crisp video
You can provide your audiences with crisp and clear video while you capture all details with the 170-degree lens capturing every angle of view. You can go underwater with this camera as it has a waterproof casing for you to capture every quality moments.
With this camera, you do not need much editing with the quality of 1080p video quality. The camera catches every detail as you have to upload without much editing and thus saving much time.
You can upload your vlog easily with the use of Wi-Fi, which is one of the smoothest ways of sharing images.
The camera comes with a USB cord that you can use to transfer images and also use this cord to charge your battery.
- The product comes with a water-resistant casing as you can go as deep as 30m under water.
- The screen size is 2 inches, and the product dimension is 23.2 x 16 x 6.2 cm.
- The camera support Wi-Fi connectivity with a phone and other mobile devices.
- High definition feature for recording and replaying videos.
- The camera supports storage of up to 32 GB
- The camera can be connected through a USB to a computer, and it can also charge the camera.
- Windows phone is the operating system of the camera.
- You will capture good quality images with 12 MP sensors.
- The camera is affordable and for those that cannot afford the much expensive product.
- It is easy to transfer files and data with the use of a Wi-Fi connection.
- It can capture quality videos underwater as far as 30 below water.
- The housing of the camera is sturdy.
- The audio playback of the camera is low in quality.
- The battery is not as sturdy as it should.
5. GoPro Hero7 Camera – Touchscreen Digital Camera
You can take your blogging to a whole new level with the GoPro Hero7 as you live stream your activities directly to your audiences. The GoPro camera is sturdy and easy to handle as you can take it anywhere regardless of the environment.
You can take the camera underwater without any casing and it is also reliable in rugged terrain as you capture high-quality images and videos.
The touch screen camera is easy to use so it is suitable for amateur looking to share their quality time online.
- You can share your images directly to your Instagram page.
- There is a gimbal-like stabilization which give room for shaking to produce clear images.
- The screen size is 1.95 inches and the product dimension is 6.2 x 4.4 x 3.2 cm.
- The camera is rugged and waterproof as you can use it up to 10m below water level.
- There is face and scene detection features in this camera.
- You can share images directly to your audiences online.
- The camera has a aspect ratio of 4:3 and optical zoom of 1x
- You get very close to the action with the touch zoom features of the camera.
- You can live stream your video directly to your audiences with the GoPro apps.
- The camera is easy to handle as it is light in weight and you can use it in any environment.
- The camera is stylish and makes you stands out.
- The battery life of the camera is a disappointment and should be improved on with subsequent version.
- There is a lag in time when playing video on the camera.
6. AKASO EK7000SL Action Camera – Deep Underwater Camera
You can go as deep as you want with this AKASO Brave 4 camera a d enjoy crisp and clear recording. With this camera, you can go as deep as 100m as you recording superb underwater scenes with its high-quality sensor.
One of the unique features of this camera is the ability to adjust the angle of the lens to capture a wider angle or restrict the angle of the camera. The camera comes with Wi-Fi connectivity and HDMI to connect it to television or your camera.
Get steady recording with the stabilizing feature of the camera to prevent shaking and distortion of the recording process.
- You can connect the camera to external devices using HDMI and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Take the camera as low as 100ft below water and enjoy quality recording.
- The screen size is 2 inches, and the product dimension is 5.9 x 4 x 2.3 cm
- The product includes a rechargeable battery you can use to boost battery power.
- The optimal sensor resolution is 20 megapixels.
- The maximum display resolution is 1080p high definition.
- It has a digital zoom of 5 XS.
- You have an optional view angle, and you can adjust it to 100,120 or 170 degrees.
- You can go further down the water up to 100 feet and still expect clear images and videos.
- You can zoom to capture clear and crisp images and video with this action camera.
- You have two batteries with this device for long-lasting use of the camera.
- Bright and vivid videos even deep inside the water.
- The camera has no focus point, so you have to do the focusing manually.
- The quality of the product is not durable.
7. YI 4K Sports and Action Video Camera – Sleek Camera for Vlogging
This action video camera takes your vlogging experience to a whole new level with the best quality of video you can think. The camera records in high definition 4K30, 1080p to ensure that you capture clear recording of your experience.
The camera is expensive, but it is worth the money as you will enjoy good quality when you purchase it.
The mic is one of the unique properties of the camera as you can pick out the slightest sound and do not have to miss anything. The Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection are of the latest version and thus ensure that the devices perform transfer very fast.
- The camera comes with a rechargeable battery, which can last up to two hours.
- The camera is made up of durable and hard resistant gorilla glass as its LCD.
- The camera produces a 4k video with 30 fps, which will provide quality production.
- The Bluetooth devices are the high speed of 5GHz/2.4 GHz and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The camera is easy and light to handle as it weighs just 95.3g.
- The maximum resolution of the camera is 12 MP for quality images.
- The camera is a touch screen, which makes it easy to use.
- The camera provides value for money.
- You will enjoy good video quality with this camera.
- The lens type is a 155-degree wide view to capture all angles.
- The LCD screen is 2.2 inches
- The battery life of the camera is not impressive.
- There is no port for using an external microphone
8. Sony Alpha A6000L Camera – Dynamic Vlogging Camera
This is one of the most portable cameras for Vlogging you can find only from a top brand and with durable material. The Sony camera is easy to use with high autofocus and speed and ensure you capture even the fastest moving objects.
The camera is excellent for outdoor activities as you capture your expedition and share them with less stress using Wi-Fi or NFC. With just a touch, you can easily share your experience online with your audiences easily.
- The camera has one-touch sharing with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
- The screen size is 3 inches with the product dimension of 4.5 x 12 x 6.7 cm.
- It has image stabilization and optical zoom is 10x.
- High sensitivity range with ISO 100-25600.
- The video is sharp and crisp with high definition coverage.
- The camera can be mounted.
- The camera is lightweight and easy to handle with just one hand.
- You can easily share your images online with just a touch.
- The remote control gives you the freedom to move around and capture images.
- The battery life of the camera can be improved for long-lasting use.
- The resolution of the camera is low.
9. YI Discovery 4K Action Camera – Simple and user friendly Camera
Take your vlogging to a new level for beginners with this YI Discovery 4K action camera. The design of the camera with its one button action camera and remote control makes it easy for you as a one-person crew to create your blog.
The YI camera is easy to use just like using the smartphone and you can easily share and download with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
The sleek camera covers a wide range of views as you aim not to miss any details out of the view, and you can choose from the 8 shooting mode for your recording.
The camera has a waterproof case that allows you to capture images underwater up to 40 meters below water.
- You will enjoy ultra HD resolution with 4K/20fps, 1080p/60 fps, and high-resolution production.
- The one button design is simple and easy to use especially for beginners.
- The camera has 8 shooting modes such as loop and time-lapse, burst mode, countdown mode, and so on.
- The camera uses a built-in Wi-Fi, which makes it easy to share using the YI app on your smartphone.
- The camera is waterproof and can be used 40 meters below water.
- The screen size is 2 inches, and the product dimension is 6.5 x 4.2 x 2.9 cm.
- The device’s interface is a touchscreen with a single button.
- The maximum resolution is 8 MP and the optical resolution of 8 MP.
- The angle lens offers a 150-degree view.
- The camera is user-friendly and easy to use for beginners to capture and share a lovely adventure on the go.
- The angle lens is wide and ensures that you capture a wide point of view.
- You can download and delete pictures and videos using a very fast Wi-Fi connection.
- The camera is durable and made up of good quality material.
- The camera weighs 68g, and it is easy to handle.
- The sound quality of the camera is poor and should be improved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I buy for vlogging?
Some essential things which you should buy for vlogging are:
2. Which is the best vlogger camera for beginners?
There are so many vlogger cameras and as a beginner, your first decision is to search for the camera that will be easy to use. The YI Discovery 4K camera is the most suitable for beginners with its simpler and user-friendly design.
There is just one button for control on the camera, and you have a wrist remote control you can use to control the camera for some distance away from the camera.
3. How can I use a camera underwater if it is not waterproof?
If you want to make use of the camera underwater, then it is only advisable that you choose a waterproof camera and check the depth suitability of the camera.
However, if you have a camera that is not waterproof, then you should use a waterproof case on the camera. The case will protect the camera as you use it to capture your adventure under the water.
4. What camera should I buy online with a long-lasting battery for my expedition?
You should go for a camera that the battery can last up to one and a half hours when fully charged. This will give you enough time to capture all the task of the expedition.
You can also carry a replaceable battery as most cameras come along with an extra battery for this purpose or those cameras that can be charged easily with a USB plug-in cord.
The Noise Play SE Sports and Action Camera is the best choice for a camera with a battery that lasts for long. When fully charged, the camera can record up to two hours of recording your activities.
Another suitable option is EK7000SL Wi-Fi Ultra HD Waterproof Sports Action Camera (Sage/Silver), which can last up to 90 minutes when fully charged.
5. As a vlogger with no crew, what kind of camera should I select to be able to carry out my vlogging activities?
There are some certain features you should look out for to achieve the production of your vlog by yourself. It is suitable that the camera should be able to stand on the amount and should be easy to control.
A time-lapse feature is a unique feature that one should search for so you can set the timing to start and end recording. However, the best feature to look for is that the camera has a remote control that you can use to control the camera from a distance while you record your activities
Some of the cameras with remote control are Noise Play SE Sports and Action Camera, Process Rush 2.0 16MP 4K HD Action Camera and GoPro Hero (2018) Action Camera.
6. Why should I opt for an action camera for my vlogging when smartphones have good camera quality?
As we can see from the features discussed, smartphones are limited to what they can offer to vlogger. Although the quality of their camera is very impressive, they may not be able to provide high-quality videos like 4K or high definition video.
These smartphones are not designed to produce high definition and videos without distortion in high speed, such as in a bike.
But, the vlogger cameras have some features such as stabilization, remote control features, and others that make it effective for vlogging.
7. How easy is it to share images on video on social media platforms with your vlogging camera?
Before buying a camera for your vlogging activities, one has to check out the features that will enable them to share their images and videos to their audiences. The ease of sharing the video is very important, and that is why vloggers look for features for connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI or USB cord.
A camera that has more than one of them is an advantage as sharing will be easy with the camera. However, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection is very important for it to be compatible with many mobile devices.
Another option one should look for is for special Apps which are compatible with certain brands that you can download on your smartphone and can share images and video directly with the camera.
In such cases, the images and videos will automatically upload on the smartphone as you can edit and delete quickly with the use of the smartphone.
These devices can also be used to control the camera remotely, which is another unique feature of these cameras to make the production of videos easier.
Vlogging is on the increase, and it has become a way in which company and brand promote their business. The financial reward of vlogging had also increased since there has been awareness in using it to promote brand and businesses.
Thus, the quality of video used for vlogging need to be improved to meet up with the challenges in the business.
With this in mind, the camera used in the production of videos has been given top priority. This article has helped in selecting some of the best vlogging cameras that you can use to produce top quality videos.
The cameras can be used on almost every type of condition, and you can easily edit and transfer these images with your smartphone.
Check out the features of these cameras as the advantages and disadvantages of these cameras so you can easily choose the one that fits your demands and need.