Best Point and Shoot Cameras
Different types of camera exist in the market, and the point and shoot types are the ones that have been seen as a tool for beginner photographers. But with the increase in innovation, changes are now taking place with these types of cameras.
As the name implies, a point and shoot camera are designed in a way that is easy to use. The photographer or user needs to point the camera and press the shutter button. This type of camera had been the most popular type of camera in the past decades, but with the advent of smartphones, they have been relegated to the background.
The point and shoot cameras can either be automatic, comes with more advanced options, bigger and with different shooting settings and modes.
But it is important not to be deceived that a smartphone can do everything a point and shoot camera can do, most especially the advanced models. Some of these advanced options that still make the point and shoot camera peculiar are the larger sensors, better image stabilization, and optical zoom lenses, more powerful performance in burst shooting, adjustable settings, and modes and autofocusing.
The best choice for a point and shoot camera mostly depends on users’ expectations and budgets. But it is necessary to go for ones with 1in, full-frame sensors, APS-C as well as those with better focal length lenses.
In this article, you will find out the difference between the point and shoot cameras and mirrorless cameras. You will also find out the best brands in the camera. We have also provided a few factors to consider while buying a point and shoot camera and a few FAQs.
In the end, you will find the list of 11 best points a shoot camera.
Top 11 Point and Shoot Cameras
Best for Vacation & Picnics
Most Portable Camera
Best For Beginners
Best For Beginners
Best for Newbies & Professionals
Best Camera with an Image Processor
Best Viewfinder Camera
Best for Micro Photograph
Best For Adventure & Everyday use
High Sensitive Sensor
High resolution camera
Difference Between Point and Shoot Cameras and Mirrorless Cameras
Some differences exist between the points and shoot cameras and the mirrorless cameras. In deciding on which to choose, there are some factors to consider before making a final decision on the one to go for. In selecting between the two, the following differences exist.
One of the major differences between both is the issue of size and weight. The point and shoot camera is known to be compact and can often fit into one’s pocket. This point and shoot cameras come with a lens that retracts back easily, leading to a decrease in its thickness.
While the mirrorless camera is big and thick when compared to the point and shoot cameras. The lens of these mirrorless cameras does not retract back when shut off.
For those that need a camera for general photographing and is seeking for something portable, then the point and shoot should be the ideal choice. While those who want a better and clearer image and don’t care about size and portability, then the mirrorless camera should be selected.
Ease in setting
In respect to simplicity in setting, point, and shoot are mostly for beginners. This camera incorporates some auto modes, unlike the mirrorless that may require some setting adjustments. Mirrorless cameras come with a few advanced functions and settings which may be difficult for beginners.
Another major difference between the point and shoot camera and the mirrorless camera is the lens changing feature. Point and shoot cameras do not require regular cleaning since they are no opening for the dust to go in.
On the other hand, the mirrorless camera needs proper cleaning often. And since dust reduces precision and picture quality, cleaning will be inevitable. Check out best camera cleaning gear to protect your camera and maintain a long life.
This is another feature that is different from each other. Point and shoot cameras come with a smaller sensor in comparison to the mirrorless cameras. Although the point and shoot camera come with smaller sensor sizes, it is important to note that it still produces quality images and videos.
This is a major point of consideration for the purchase of either a point and shoot camera and a mirrorless camera. Most times, the amount of the most advanced point and shoot camera equates the price of a beginner mirrorless camera.
Point and shoot camera as we stated before is suitable for learners and beginners who are not so familiar with photography while the mirrorless camera is ideal or best for people that are seeking to switch to DSLR from the use of a compact camera.
Top Point and Shoot Camera Manufacturers in the Market
The camera market is filled with numerous manufacturers of good and quality cameras. Among these manufacturers of this camera are top-rated brands that make a very strong and compact point and shoot cameras. This includes
This is one of the leading manufacturers of imaging products across the globe. It is a known brand in India as it has carved a niche in the heart of users. Nikon’s point and shoot cameras offer its users great quality with other unique features that come with it. The camera is also known to be lightweight
This is another popular name in the market. This is the markets of some of the best point and shoot cameras in the market. Canon point and shoot cameras offer different functionalities and excellent image quality.
Samsung is reputed to be one of the brands that offer the best kind of digital cameras. Samsung model of point and shoot camera is affordable and ultra-compact digital. This gives users high-resolution shots ideal for any photographer.
This is one of the most famous companies in the world that offers digital camera services. There are involved in the manufacturing of cameras for all photographers such as newbie, amateur, and professionals.
Fuji point and shoot camera come with lots of features which includes larger sensors, cutting edge technology and fixed prime lenses.
The Olympus brand also offers a huge range of amazing features that is ideal for both beginners and professionals. It comes with a stylish design and a great build for great image quality.
Important Terminology and Buying Guide for a Point and Shoot Camera
One major confusion most users of camera face in general and those that purchase the point and shoot camera, in particular, is understanding some technical jargon or terms used in the market. Some of these important terminologies include
This is one of the popular terms that people are looking forward to buying a camera often hear. Megapixels is used as a measure of the resolution in the camera. These pixels are measured in a million, and the higher resolution of an image can be measured from the number of pixels.
Cameras that come with higher megapixels means a better image suitable for enlarging and editing but can also mean larger file sizes. Check out 4k Camera to get the best ultra HD cameras.
The viewfinder in a point and shoot camera allows users to view the frame while composing an image. This is important when one is taking a picture under a bright light.
This is another term often used when buying a digital camera. It is a feature that comes with the lens. It allows users to magnify the focal length. Point and shoot cameras that come with this feature (optical zoom) work better than those with digital zoom.
The LED screen allows the user to compose the image and also allows one to view playback or the many settings. It is important to go for one with a large 3-inch screen to give you an increased brightness for all outdoor shooting and accurate colors.
Point and shoot cameras come with different modes. It is necessary to check the modes it comes with. Some of these modes include daylight, portrait, night landscape, museum, night portrait, sports, landscape, and others.
When it comes to image stabilization, it is necessary to know how good it can withstand a jack while the picture is being taken. With the image stabilization, you are sure of getting sharper images while in low lighted conditions
This is another feature to consider and also to understand its importance. With the face recognition features, one can recognize an individual face automatically even before the picture is taken.
With smile recognition, the camera can recognize a smile in a face and take the picture even before shooting.
Wireless connectivity is another important feature to consider when purchasing a point and shoot camera. This feature allows your camera to connect to mobile devices easily through its Wi-Fi connectivity.
Most point and shoot camera comes with a rechargeable battery. Others run on AA batteries. It is necessary to determine the one that suits you best when buying one
The memory card serves as a means of storing images after taking the shoot. Most new point and shoot cameras come with SD cards or SDHC cards and can be read with the help of an external card reader.
Factors considered in the selection of reviewed products
In making our selection, some factors were considered, which influenced our selection. Some of these factors include
Value for money
This is one of the major factors that influenced our choice. Our selection was mostly based on a budget of an average photographer wishing to get the best satisfaction from the buy. If you have a low budget, you can read our best cameras under 10,000 article. Here you will find all the features you will get in a camera under budget.
Ease of use
One other factor that influenced our selection was the ease of use. We need products that everyone can easily make use of such as using a smartphone.
Added functionality also influenced the selections of the point and shoot cameras that we chose. This camera needs to have the same features as offered by smartphones and even more.
This is another factor we considered in our selection. All the cameras we selected are intended to give the users some touch of fun while in use.
Best Point and Shoot Camera
It is important to note that all the point and shoot cameras reviewed here might not be the latest models – some might be of a few years, but that will not mean that they are not nice. Here we are looking at some popular brands that are worth every penny you spend on it.
11 Best Point and Shoot Cameras
1. Nikon Coolpix Point & Shoot Camera – Best for Vacation & Picnics
The Nikon Coolpix is a great product for those seeking to get a nice point and shoot experience. The camera comes with incredible shooting capabilities and makes the image look like it was shot by a pro. With the 16.0MP, it allows you to shoot videos and movies in a 1080/60p and also with the magic of a stereo sound.
The camera is designed in a way that it reduces the camera shakes when you are shooting the image and video with the zoom control button that is seen on the sides of the camera.
Also, the camera comes with shooting scene options like a cityscape, star trail, and sunset mode. It also comes with the time-lapse movie function that will help to select the interval needed in the movie automatically.
- The camera comes with a strong and high shooting capabilities
- It also comes with a 2000 millimeters optical zoom.
- The camera comes with a super ED lens to reduce chromatic aberration.
- It comes with an Expeed C2 image processing capability.
- It comes with a 921k-dot 3-inch vari-angle that gives one control over the angle shots.
- It comes with a built-in eye sensor that automatically switches from the monitor shooting to the viewfinder mode.
- It can track location information such as distance between buildings, latitude and longitude, landmarks at higher speed and the accuracy with GLONASS, GPS, and QZSS support.
- It has an item weight of 898 g
- It has product dimensions of 10.3 x 13.7 x 14 cm
- It requires a 1 Lithium-ion batteries
- Other features that the camera comes with includes a charge and go – EN-EL23 battery that helps to charge up quickly to deliver 360 shots per charge, it also comes with the ability to shutter button and fire off up to 7 continuous shots per second and ability to freeze action in its tracks.
- It comes with a 16 GB Card and camera case.
- A video capture resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Ability to easily connect one’s devices with the Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- It comes with a mode and command dials for ease of use.
- It has an image stabilization ability
- It has an 83X optical zoom
- An impressive 16.1 megapixels
- The weight is relatively much like a DSLR camera
2. Sony DSC Cyber Shot Point & Shoot Camera – Most Portable Camera
This is one other trendy brand in the Indian market. It is reputed for its super HAD CCD sensor that comes with a 20.1 effective megapixels. The camera is fully equipped with a sweeping panorama, grand auto and picture effect
It comes with a Rechargeable battery, Multi USB Cable, AC Adaptor, Wrist Strap, and a User Manual ). The camera screen size is 2.7 inches. The camera Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens gives an accurate and realistic photo with its steady optical shot for blur-free images.
It comes with an integrated play memory software that enables one to transfer images and video to one’s smartphone easily and computer for viewing and editing.
- It comes with a super HAD CCD sensor
- The point and shoot camera comes with a 20.1 megapixels
- It comes with a sweeping panorama which gives an intelligent auto and image effect
- It has an item weight of 118 g
- A product dimensions of 5.3 x 2.3 x 9.3 cm
- It requires 1 Lithium-ion battery
- 9. The camera also comes with an image stabilization features
- The camera comes with a video capture resolution of 1280 x 720
- It has a digital viewfinder type
- It has a Min Focal length of 32 Millimeters
- 15. It comes with a picture effect mode that can quickly transform ordinary pictures to artistic images.
- It comes with a built-in advanced flash feature to fully control the ISO sensitivity
- The camera is easy to carry around
- The great features it comes with makes it stand out
- One other advantage of this camera is the steady optical shot that gives out a clearer image.
- Ease of transferring the images on the go.
- It comes with an intelligent Auto that focuses on items and motion detection and scene recognition features.
- It has an optical zoom of 8X and digital zoom of 32 X
- The memory has just 8 GB unlike the 16 GB stated
- The image display is not that clear when viewing from the camera
3. Canon IXUS 185 Digital Camera
The Canon IXUS 185 20 megapixels digital camera comes with 8x optical zoom. It is suitable for people who like capturing sharp and high-resolution images in a breeze as it has a DIGIC 4+ image processor. The camera has a digital IS that makes shooting almost shake-free even at high zoom lengths, giving you clear and vivid quality images.
The in-built advanced technology detects optimal settings on its own, thus making it easy to operate by simply pointing and shooting. The camera is an all in one package since it features a variety of fun shooting modes like fish-eye effect, miniature effect, toy camera effect, monochrome, super vivid, poster effect, firework, and long shutter enabling you to add fun and exciting twists to your videos.
The device has a built-in flash with Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off flash modes and has a continuous shooting speed of 2.2 shots per second. The shutter speed range per second is 15 – 1/2000 and sensor size is 1/2.3?. The camera comes with a Digital (Digital IS mode) image stabilizer and has an effective ISO of 100-1600.
- Along with 8x zoom, the camera offers an additional 16x zoom.
- AF modes available are One-Shot AF, servo AF
- The date stamp feature lets you activate the date and time with just one click.
- The camera is very convenient to carry due to its pocket size.
- The camera weighs 431 g and has dimensions 2.4 x 9.5 x 5.7 cm making it lightweight and portable.
- The camera comes with a memory card and a carry case.
- The camera functions on 1 Lithium-Ion battery and can be connected through a USB slot.
- The device gives several metering modes like Evaluative, Center-weighted average, and spot.
- The camera comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The camera captures great pictures in daylight, and autofocus is good.
- Good build quality and compact.
- Ideal for capturing macro shots and HD video recording.
- Not a good choice for low light photography.
4. Canon PowerShot SX430B Camera – Best For Beginners
The Canon PowerShot is a classy digital camera that is suitable for all lovers of point and shoot cameras. It is a digital camera that comes with 45x optical zoom and a 16 GB of memory. This allows the user the opportunity to shoot and store tons of images in the camera.
With this advanced digital point and shoot camera, users can capture impressive close-ups. It also comes with an ergonomic grip that allows for better handling. The camera can be used for recording videos and for a stable image.
- The camera comes with an intelligent IS
- The Canon point and shoot camera comes with a 90x Zoom plus
- It comes with a 20.0 megapixels sensor
- The camera has a Wi-Fi and NFC feature for ease of sharing images on social media
- It comes with an item weight of 830 g
- It comes with package dimensions of 19.6 x 16.4 x 15.2 cm
- It requires 1 Lithium-ion battery
- The package comes with a memory card and camera bag
- A perfect product for beginners
- The product is straightforward to use
- The battery life is great
- Picture quality is not so great in low light condition
5. Nikon Coolpix B500 16MP Point and Shoot Camera – Best for Newbies & Professionals
The Nikon Coolpix B500 is another point and shoot camera that is suitable for newbies and professionals. The camera comes with a 16MP camera and a 40x optical zoom.
One beautiful thing about this model of camera is that it supports different languages which include Arabic, Bulgarian, Bengali, Czech, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, French, Finnish, and many more.
- It comes with an image sensor of 1/2 to 3 inches type CMOS
- The product comes with a monitor size of 7.5 cm (3 inches) diagonal
- It comes with a monitor resolution which is approximately 921k-dot wide
- It has a 40x Optical Zoom magnification
- The camera comes with a lens shift and an electronic VR
- The camera comes with approximately 16.76 million pixels
- The camera has still image file formats
- It comes with an MP4 (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC stereo)
- It has a 16-megapixel COOLPIX B500
- It comes with a new multiple exposure lightening
- The B500 comes with a comfortable grip to shoot that helps in enhancing stability.
- It comes with a built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth low energy (BLE) in other to maintain a constant connection between the camera and the app
- It comes with an intelligent autofocus
- It is designed in a way that one can take up to 600 shots on a four regular AA alkaline batteries
- It comes with a memory capacity of 20 MB
- Some included components are camera Strap, LC-CP31 Lens Cap (with cord), LR6/L40 (AA-size) Alkaline Batteries x4 (The included batteries are for trial use only), UC-E16 USB Cable, and Main Unit
- The camera comes with a max shutter speed of 1/4000 and the main shutter speed of 1/1500
- The camera is easy to use as it requires one to point and shoot
- The camera is so designed in a way that the Lens-shift vibration (VR) counteracts even the smallest shake and movement for clearer and sharper photos
- One other advantage of this camera is the self-timer and autofocus
- Another advantage of this camera is the 5-level brightness adjustment feature
- It also comes with a Hi-Speed USB connector
- The camera supports a direct print option
- No negative points seen so far.
6. CANON Power Shot Camera – Best Camera with an Image Processor
The Canon power shot is a stylishly designed point and shoot camera that is lightweight. This compact camera comes with a punch with its unique 20.1 megapixel and a 1.0 inch-type sensor.
It also comes with a DIGIC 7 image processor. This makes the camera a good companion for all occasions, such as casual and formal outing.
- The camera has a 1.0-inch type 20.2 megapixel CMOS sensor
- The camera is compatible with an MP4 movie shooting
- It has a 3x optical zoom (28-84mm)
- It comes with a 3.0 type touch panel LCD Screen
- The camera comes with an Auto-level function
- Easy to control with configure settings on touch panel LCD screen or the control ring near the lens
- Wi-Fi and NFC compatible makes it convenient to share a picture at the touch of a button.
- It comes in a sleek and stylish design
- It comes with a slip-proof grip on both side of the camera
- The memory capacity is a bit low (8GB) when compared to other models that come with 16GB.
7. Leica V Lux Typ 114 Camera – Best Viewfinder Camera
The Leica 18197 V-Lux camera is an excellent view-finder camera that is suitable for use in any lighting conditions. It comes with great features that set it apart from other point and shoot cameras in the market.
It comes with an integrated high resolution which is OLED electronic viewfinder and a faster high-speed AF
- The camera requires a 1 Lithium-ion battery which is also included in the package
- The camera package comes with a battery, camera body, and charger cable
- It has an optical zoom of 16 X
- It comes with a one-inch sensor with a 20 MP resolution.
- The image shuttle app that the camera comes with allows users to control the various functions via tablets or smartphones.
- The camera can shoot either in JPEG or RAW
- The camera covers every photographic situation which includes standard, wide-angle and telephoto photography and other macro close-ups
- It comes with more reliable autofocus.
- The camera comes with a high definition video format that is four times the resolution of a full HD
- It comes in a reasonable budget
- The lens enables sharp and detailed exposure even for distant objects
- It has a fantastic picture quality suitable for professionals
- The camera comes with a still picture and video camera in one
- The camera does not come with a self-timer
8. Sony Cybershot Digital Camera – Best for Micro Photograph
This Sony Cybershot is a 20.4 MP digital camera for a steady point and shoots images. It comes with a full HD video recording with its steady optical shot.
This camera comes with a 50X optical zoom with a Zeiss Lens.
The camera comes with DSLR creative modes, which include (P/A/S/M). It has 100x clear image zoom and 20.4 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and also a BIONZ X image processor.
- The camera comes with an electronic viewfinder with a 100 percent field coverage
- This Sony point and shoot camera comes with a Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- It comes with a lock-on AF for it to enhance picture quality
- It comes with an electronic viewfinder that allows you to click like a pro
- The camera comes with an in-built picture effect for an enhance shooting.
- An easy to control and an ergonomic grip for an easy to reach and control buttons
- a lithium battery is needed
- The included components are rechargeable Battery NP-BX1, Shoulder Strap, AC Adaptor – UB10C/UB10D, Shoe cap, Micro USB Cable, Lens Cap, AC Power Cord, and a User Manual
- It has a screen size of 3 inches and an LCD type
- The camera comes with image stabilization.
- The camera comes with built-in flash modes, self-timer, autofocus, and a redeye reduction
- This camera is suitable for clearer pictures
- It comes with a wide zoom that ranges from 35 MM to 1200 MM.
- A good stabilization for both hands held shots and still image
- It comes with a good flash for low light operation
- It comes with a Dail control which makes it easy for one to operate
- The Tilt LCD helps the user in the handling of the camera
- 1. The battery can last just for 3 to 5 hours maximum
- The camera LCD is not rotatable
- It does not come with an external microphone jack
9. Nikon COOLPIX W300 Waterproof Digital Camera – Best For Adventure & Everyday use
The Nikon COOLPIX W300 is a waterproof digital camera. It comes in a sleek design. This point and shoot camera come with innovative features. This includes beautiful designs and some apt multimedia imaging ability.
This Nikon camera is designed for adventure and everyday use. It is also waterproof for depths of up to 100? as well as shockproof for a fall of up to 7.9? high.
- It comes with an SDHC removable memory
- Other additional feature that the camera comes with includes 6.0 pixels, 1/2 -3 in. type CMOS pixels
- The camera integrates SnapBridge wireless connectivity
- It comes with a built-in GPS for geotagging imagery in camera
- It comes with a resolution of 16 MP BSI CMOS sensor for both still images and video
- Ability to shoot continuously for seven fps
- It comes with the capacity to record video at UHD 4K/30p
- It has a 5x optical zoom lens
- The following components come with the camera (camera strap, an EN-EL12 rechargeable Li-ion battery, a UC-E21 USB cable brush, and EH-73P adapter
- It comes with an electronic VR and lens shift for image stabilization
- It comes with a dedicated video button for easy controlling
- The camera comes with different scene modes
- One other advantage of this camera is the GPS, the depth gauge, compass, and snappy response that it comes with.
- The ability to attach filters, use in low light and RAW mode is limited
10. PANASONIC LUMIX 4K Point and Shoot Camera – High Sensitive Sensor
The Panasonic Lumix ZS100 4K is a lovely point and shoot camera. It is suitable for those on vacation and sightseeing. It is an innovative combination of both modern and traditional camera enthusiasts. It comes with the visual performance of a large one sensor, and it also comes with an advanced optical LEICA DC lens for added performance.
With its well-crafted design, the traditionalist will love the hands-on camera manual as it gives a feel of a lens-mounted control ring and a thumb wheel. It’s also an excellent choice for this traditionalist due to their familiarity with cameras with an eye-level electronic viewfinder.
While also, the modern enthusiast will also love the camera as a result of its flexibility, its Wi-Fi mobile controllability, and a 4K video capability and 4K Photo modes.
- A large 1.20 Megapixel sensor that delivers a brighter and more colorful photos
- The camera comes with 1 Lithium-ion battery and 10x (20-250mm) LEICA DC Lens
- The camera optical zoom has a wide F/2.8-5.9 aperture for background defocus effects
- The camera has a 4K Ultra video recording feature and a touch-enabled LCD to give the user a wider and pleasant experience
- It has a video resolution of up to 3840 x 2160 pixels
- A product dimensions of 4.3 x 11.2 x 6.4 cm
- Raw-format images which can be easily developed with adjustments for color space setting (AdobeRGB/sRGB)
- It is designed in a way that it gives a better display in low light than the small sensor camera
- The flash of this camera is excellent
- It comes with a standard micro-USB cable for connectivity
- Another pro of this camera is that it comes with a touchscreen
- The lens is not as great as the GX8 Micro-Four-Thirds camera that is removable
- The autofocus is not so great
- It does not come with a flash hot shoe
11. GR Digital Compact Camera – High resolution camera
The GR III digital compact camera is a high-end camera that harmonizes high-quality images with high-resolution images. It comes with a responsive snapshot ability. It is designed in a way that is lightweight and compact. This makes it an excellent choice for even professional photographers.
This latest compact camera is designed with some components which include an image sensor, a lens, and an imaging engine. It also incorporates a larger APS-C sized CMOS image sensor.
- It comes with approximately 24.24 megapixels that give high-resolution images
- It allows for a quick and responsive shooting
- It uses a 1 Lithium-ion batteries
- It has an AV port hardware interface
- The camera comes with a max shutter speed of 1/4000 seconds, a Min Shutter speed of 30 seconds and Min Aperture of 16 Millimeters
- It also comes with a Min Focal length of 28 Millimeters
- It comes with a contrasting type AF and a phase detection type AF to ensure precision and a high-speed focusing
- A 3 air gapless capacitive touch LCD screen
- There is an improvement from the past model
- It comes with a developed shake reduction features
- It comes with a full HD movie recording of 1920 x 1080 pixels, a wireless LAN option for easy pairing to Smartphones and tablets computers
- The battery life is not so great
- The camera video quality is of low-quality
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which point and shoot camera is best in low light?
PANASONIC LUMIX 4K Point and Shoot Camera is the best point and shoot camera for low light photography since it comes with a large 1-inch 20.1 megapixel MOS sensor for color, detail, and clarity that gives you perfect low light photographs.
2. What is the best Canon PowerShot camera?
Canon PowerShot SX430B Camera is the best camera as this digital camera comes with a 45x optical zoom with an additional 90x zoom plus and 16 GB memory. The camera also features Wi-Fi and NFC features for effortless sharing.
3. What type of point and shoot camera should I buy?
We might not be able to give you a comprehensive answer to this question since there are different models of this camera in the market. But it is important to know the reason why you are buying one and tailor the purchase to it.
Some users seek to become a professional, and this will require a more digital type of point and shoot camera while others seek a camera that they can use to take images of a favorable occasion.
4. What brand of point and shoot camera is suitable for me?
Base on the review, it is ideal for sticking with the known brands in the market. With brands such as Canon, Fuji, Nikon, and Samsung, one can never go wrong. This is a known brand that offers good quality to buyers.
5. What should be my budget?
This is one of the most important questions one should ask before deciding to purchase a point and shoot camera. Price eliminates other considerations, and this should be given a good thought. Different point and shoot camera come at different prices, and the reason why you want to use the camera can also affect the price you may be willing to pay for it.
6. Why do I want a camera?
There are different reasons why people purchase a camera as different camera models are seen in the India market. In deciding on this, it is necessary to know what you want to photograph as no camera is perfect for every occasion.
It is necessary to figure out what is critical for the type of images one will love to take. For example, if you are looking for a landscape or wedding image – a dynamic range would be what is important to you while for wildlife, fast autofocus and a crop sensor are important.
7. What control do I need in my point and shoot camera?
Some people love simplicity. There needs a camera that they can point and shoot. While others require a sophisticated model of the point and shoot camera that they can manipulate its settings, manual controls, and other manipulation. It boils down to what a user wants when making a selection.
8. What is important in printing an image?
In those days of a film camera, the only way one can see the picture is to print it out. Recently, things are changing as most persons snap pictures to put on social media.
For those seeking for pictures to put on social media, then any type of camera should be great, but if you are in need to print the photos, then you need to be a bit selective in your selection.
For those that require printing, a camera with a larger sensor size and resolution is more important.
9. Which feature is important in making a selection?
Most camera enthusiast believes that the more megapixels a camera has, the better its images will be. But that is not just the consideration as the camera sensor size is another important thing to consider.
Under perfect conditions, a point and shoot camera will a better and larger sensor will take a better camera than a smaller sensor.
10. How can I know if a product is ok?
It is good to buy online to gauge the satisfaction of past users. It is necessary to read through the past reviews of users and to check the specification of the product before buying.
This review has been able to examine some new models of a point and shoot camera that is suitable for both traditionalist and modern enthusiasts. Like we stated initially, it is necessary to go through the product features and also understand the reason why you are purchasing before you commit.
From our review, we recommend the Canon PowerShot SX430B and the Nikon Coolpix B500 16MP Point and Shoot Camera due to its flexibility and ease of use as our ideal point and shoot camera for newbies and professionals.