7 Best Bluetooth Speakers
Whether you are going for a refreshing expedition or travelling long-distance for work, a mini Bluetooth speaker serves as your inseparable musical companion.
What sets these Bluetooth speakers apart is their compact design and sturdy built. A portable Bluetooth speaker provides immersive musical moments with exceptional sound clarity.
These speakers are designed for providing uninterrupted music on-the-go. You can keep your hands-free for other activities while listening to your favourite tracks.
Top 7 Bluetooth Speakers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Battery Life
Latest Bluetooth Version
Stable Wireless Connection
Ease of use
What is a Travel Speaker?
Travel speakers are an advanced version of traditional speakers that uses Bluetooth sound for its connection.
These devices are wireless, so there are no additional wires. They are portable so that they can be travelled along with you wherever you go.
They are sturdy and can be used in any environment. Thanks to its design, it could easily work in any place. Some of them are even water-resistant; there is no risk of falling in the water or a pool.
Advantages of using Portable Speakers
Low Power Consumption
Bluetooth speakers consume very little power compared to those traditional speakers. Most of them also run on AA batteries.
These speakers need to be charged only once and can stay for 1-2 days depending upon its battery life.
One of the greatest advantages of using Bluetooth speakers is that it can be ported anywhere you want to take it.
Whether you are inside your house or outside if you feel listening to music just carry it along with you.
Get rid of cumbersome cables
Since this device is wireless, you need not worry about the cumbersome cables whenever you wish to carry it.
There is as such no installation for using Bluetooth speakers with good bass. You need to have a device that is Bluetooth operated.
Just switch on your speakers and pair the device. You are ready to use your speakers.
Perfect for Outdoor use
If you plan to go out for a camp or a trip, you can carry them along with you because it is a perfect way to make you relaxed and calm.
It is measured in Herts, and the range lies between 100-20000 Hertz. Wider the rage is, the better is the ability of the speakers to present audio as it was intended.
However, the range of this frequency is not the only factor that determines the quality of audio received. It also varies from person to person.
The Bluetooth version also plays a crucial role in determining the quality of your sound. Bluetooth 4 and above should be preferred as it works on a low energy profile, to improve the battery life.
Bluetooth 5 is the latest standard connection that the new devices are equipped with. It has improved transmission and data transfer.
The size of the driver is a crucial factor in deciding the size of your speakers. Usually, 40mm drivers are the best to start with. Larger the size of the driver, larger would be the size of your speaker.
Placing the driver and the number of drivers installed also determines the quality of your sound system.
Mostly, drivers are placed facing upward or downward, but, nowadays, we have devices with twin driver setup for better sound quality.
Apart from the wireless connection, your speakers must also be equipped with an alternate method of connecting with your device and playing.
A portable speaker with USB input lets you connect the AUX cable. A microphone is also a must if you want to use the speakers for receiving calls as well.
Having a USB cable is a boon for speakers as it is easy to be carried and is not like the cumbersome wires for charging.
Most of the speakers also come with a micro-USB cable that helps you charge it using power banks.
Where will you use the speaker
You should have a clear picture in your mind to where to use it. If you wish to use it in water terrain, you must always choose a waterproof speaker.
Nowadays, there are many speakers which have a lot of features coming along with it, such as smart speakers which can respond to our voice too.
Other features may include such as companion app support which helps you to manage your speaker by connecting multiple speakers, check the battery usage of it, and update your speaker’s firmware.
The primary use of a travel speaker is listening to music even while travelling. So, the speaker must produce a rich and high-quality sound.
Ensure that there is no interference in the wireless connection so that the sound obtained is crystal clear. If you wish to enjoy loud music, portable speakers with bass are the best choice.
Ensure that the speaker has a good quality build. It should have sturdy and strong construction with a rubber matte body.
This absorbs the shocks or impacts which arise in case it falls suddenly, preventing damage. It should also be resistant to wear and high temperature for ensuring its long life.
Since these speakers are meant for travelling, the size of the speaker is an important factor. The speaker should be compact and lightweight so that you can conveniently carry it around.
However, the size of the speaker also depends on its driver. The larger the driver, the greater will be the size of the speaker.
7 Best Travel Speakers
1. boAt Stone 200 Portable Bluetooth Speakers – Best Battery Life
This boAt Stone portable speaker is very much suitable for party lovers. When you have a speaker that suits your outdoor style and is also waterproof, you need not worry about them falling inside the pool.
Just switch on and join the party.
boAt Stone 200 Portable Bluetooth Speakers are waterproof and suit your outdoor lifestyle. The body of the speakers is also designed in such a way that even if it falls, it is not damaged.
With all these features there are also other features which stand out in this speaker
- The biggest feature of this speaker is its waterproof nature. If you plan to arrange a pool party, just carry this speaker and you would be able to enjoy your time.
- The body of the speakers is designed with rubber matte, which prevents the speakers from shocks and sudden falling
- The speakers can surprise you with its crystal clear sounds, and the quality of the bass makes it a preferable option for loud music
- The speakers work with Bluetooth 4.1 with no loss of audio performance
- It has a long-range of 30 feet
- The power output is 3W
- The battery is 1500mAh and can be fully recharged in 6 hours
- The speakers can be paired with all the devices that have a Bluetooth connection. It can also be used using an AUX cable
- The shock-proof feature does not damage the speaker even if it falls on the ground
- The battery backup of the speakers is about 10 hours
- It also comes with an in-built mic, even if you receive calls when you are connected, you can talk using the speaker itself. You need not have to disconnect it and then talk
- The sound starts to give a little noise when the volume is increased
2. Portronics Pure Sound Portable Speaker System – Our pick
If you have a speaker around you, you can play songs and music wherever you want to go.
Portronics Pure Sound Portable Speaker System (Black) is one option available for users in the market.
The bass and the sound quality that the speakers make it one of the preferable options.
Apart from these, there are a lot of features that come along with these speakers. Let us take a look at all of them.
- Portronics Pure Sound is installed with Japanese drivers, which gives the best sound quality
- If you plan to go on a trip with your friends, you need not think twice about carrying it due to its lightweight feature
- The multiple connectivity options make it a versatile option
- Even if you do not have a Bluetooth connection, you can still use it using other connectivity such as USB drive, AUX-in, and memory card slot
- The battery is 1080 mAh, and its battery life is 8 hours
- The speakers are made in an optimized acoustic enclosure. The bass and the sound quality it delivers is exceptional
- The speakers are so compact that it can fit into your hands. Being the size of your palms, it can also easily fit inside your pockets
- The run-time of the speakers is about 10 hours, which is a pretty good battery life for a speaker
- The speakers also come along with a built-in and a built-in antenna. If you are tired of your playlist, just switch into the FM mode
- Playing FM mode does not have a display, and you would not even know which station is playing
- The speaker does not stand wherever it is kept. It keeps on falling
3. JBL Go 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Waterproof Speaker
The JBL Go 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Mic comes with a thrilling quality of sound and allows you to take it anywhere you go.
It is a fully-featured waterproof speaker that serves your need.
Even if you are using it anywhere near a swimming pool or a jacuzzi party, it is a much reliable option for users due to its IPX7 design that comes along with this speaker.
The built-in microphones allow you to even attend calls and that too in a crystal clear sound with noise-cancelling features.
- The JBL GO 2 speakers increase your profile due to its vast range of colour and elegant design. You have a wide variety of colours to choose from
- The speakers are equipped with a built-in microphone that allows you to attend the calls whenever needed. You need not have to disconnect your device to speak to people
- The noise-cancelling feature allows you to get a whole new experience of communication
- This speaker works with Bluetooth version 4.1, even though if you do not have a Bluetooth connection, you can play music using the audio cable
- If you plan to experience songs near a pool or a beach, you could get the best results due to the IPX7 design that makes it a waterproof product
- It is equipped with a rechargeable battery that has a battery life of about five continuous hours
- This product is versatile because it can be connected wirelessly to almost all devices such as your smartphone/laptops and Ipads
- The crystal clear quality sounds that the speaker produces gives you a whole new thrilling experience of music
- The size of this speaker is very compact that it can be travelled along anywhere you wish to
- Low battery life as compared to other speakers
4. Mivi Roam 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Mivi Roam 2 is a high-performance wireless Bluetooth speaker engineered for delivering clear and loud music. It is a powerful speaker that pumps out punchy bass, sharp trebles, and detailed mids.
It features a small frame, but it produces big sounds with immersive and richer notes so that your surroundings are filled with foot-tapping music. With its portable design, you can take your music everywhere.
Roam 2 is an excellent Bluetooth speaker that instantly brightens your mood with its stereo quality sounds and extensively hard-hitting bass. It provides flawless connectivity with various Bluetooth enabled devices like laptop, smartphone, TV, etc.
- It is an IPX7 waterproof and dustproof Bluetooth speaker designed for withstanding all weather conditions. It features a robust design that delivers powerful performance every time
- It comes with an aircraft-grade aluminium mesh design making it extremely rugged and sturdy
- It features long-lasting playtime of up to 24 hours at 70% volume. It boasts of being the only portable 5W speaker that provides such enormous playing time throughout the day with a single charge
- It is a completely made in India Bluetooth speaker that provides one year of manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase. You can easily claim the warranty by sending an email at or firstname.lastname@example.org or calling at +918099973333
- It is a lightweight and compact wireless speaker ideally suited for adventurous trips. Simply hang it with your carry bag and enjoy its thrilling sounds that keep you going with full vigour while facing tough challenges
- It is a drop-proof, adventure-proof, water-proof, and dust-proof Bluetooth speaker that delivers optimal performance in any weather conditions
- You can boost your music several notches higher by connecting 2 of these Bluetooth speakers simultaneously
- You can play all your favourite songs throughout the day and enjoy non-stop jam session due to its impressive 24 hours playtime
- The design of the buttons could have been improved
5. Mi Compact MDZ-28-DI Bluetooth Speaker – Latest Bluetooth Version
Mi speakers provide awesome sound quality and also supports multiple connections, which becomes hassle-free for use. One such speaker is Mi Compact MDZ-28-DI Bluetooth Speaker (White).
The size of this speaker is so small that the portability of this speaker is excellent.
Just carry it in your hands, or it could easily fit inside your pockets as well. It a perfect way to carry music wherever you go. There are many such features apart from the ones mentioned above.
- The design of this speaker is elegant and is packed with power. At a glance, you would feel that this speaker is perfect
- It supports Bluetooth version 4.2 and can also be connected using other methods such as using an AUX-in cable. Even if you do not have a device with Bluetooth connection, you can still rely on the other option
- The sound quality produced by this speaker is superb and natural. Even if you hear it in a loud volume, you would not feel that the voice is cracked
- The effective distance for the connection of this speaker is about 10m
- The playback of this speaker is on an average of 6 hours and works in the frequency range of 85Hz-25KHz
- These speakers are so small that they are very easy to be carried along with you. The size of the speaker is such that it can fit in your hand and even inside your pockets
- It is equipped with an integrated microphone. You can speak to them using the speakers as well
- The product follows a parametric mesh designing that makes the speaker look and elegant and classy
- It comes with the best quality drivers that produce sounds that are crystal clear even though you are listening to it in a very high volume
- The connectivity of the Bluetooth is not up to the mark
- The battery backup is low as compared to other speakers
6. Start Makers Wireless Mini Speaker – Stable Wireless Connection
This portable speaker is easy to use and travel with. It is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices, including- iPad, iPhone, iPod, Nexus, Samsung, Huawei, and all other smartphones.
The speaker can be easily connected to these devices using its highly efficient and stable wireless Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity.
Other than this, it can be connected using an AUX cable, and it also features a TF card slot.
- Weight of this portable speaker is 331 grams
- Power output: 3 Watt
- The speaker works using Bluetooth 3.0 stable wireless transmission with a strong anti-interference performance.
- It has a Bluetooth working range of 10 m
- Has a battery capacity of 4000 mAh and requires a charging time of 2 hours
- Features a simple button design that has gone through 1000 touch tests
- Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices
- Apart from Bluetooth, the speaker also supports TF card and aux line input
- Comes with an in-built mic which enables hands-free calling
- It has a stylish design and is convenient to use
- Wear-resistant, non-slip and high-temperature resistant design ensures a long life to the speaker
- Poor battery life
7. Devma™ Mini Bluetooth Speaker – Easy to use
You might not imagine the amount of loud sound that a compact speaker can produce. Devma mini Bluetooth speaker surprises the users with its crystal clear sound quality and stereo.
This compact speaker is one of the best buys from the list because of its ease of use. It comes with volume function and Play/pause buttons, making it convenient to use
The features of this product are mentioned below.
- The speakers are very versatile that it can be connected with almost all the devices such as- Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, Samsung, Android smartphones, One Plus, Moto, Lenovo, Oppo, Vivo, laptops and desktops, mp3 & DVD players, etc
- The sound quality produced by this product is exceptionable. With its compact size, no one can imagine the amount of loud sound that this speaker can produce
- The design of this speaker makes it look elegant and classy. It also comes along with an Anti-skid mat underneath that does not allow it to fall or slip so as not to damage it
- The speaker also comes along with an inbuilt FM radio
- The battery is of 400mAh, and the playtime is 3 hours
- Even though you do not have a device with a Bluetooth connection, you can easily plug into it using a 3.5 mm jack AUX-in cable. Apart from that, it also offers a Memory/SD card slot which allows you to play MP3 MP4 format songs
- These speakers are compact that increases the portability of this speaker. You can carry them easily wherever you go
- The in-built microphone allows you to attend calls and speak to the other person. If you are using it while driving, it is a much safer option for you
- The sound quality is far better than other speakers, and it also comes with an echo-noise cancellation feature which does not hinder your music experience
- The Bluetooth connection could be better
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does the battery of a portable speaker last?
Different speakers have different battery life and the time that they last vary from speakers to speakers. On average, the Bluetooth speaker’s battery lasts for about 8-10 hours roughly.
That would be pretty enough for someone to use it.
2. How much time does a portable speaker take to get fully charged?
On average, a speaker takes 3-4 hours to charge fully to be used for an average of 8-10 hours of playing.
3. Can you receive a call while connected to a speaker?
If the speaker is equipped with the option of using it for phone calls, the ringing of your phone calls usually is reflected in your speakers as well.
Most of the speakers do not come along with microphones which means that you would be able to hear what the other person is speaking, but your voice would not be able to be heard on the other side.
Whenever you wish to buy a speaker, plan a device that comes along with a microphone as well so that you would be able to use it during phone calls as well.
4. Is it safe to use a speaker while it’s charging?
There is no such problem as using your speakers while charging. Once you plug in the charger, you would be able to listen to the music as well. No worries!
5. Does all portable speaker have a memory card/USB slot?
Every Bluetooth speaker does not come along with a memory card/USB Slot along with it.
While it is very rare nowadays to find a speaker without these functionalities, most of the speakers that have come in the market are coming with all these basic features.
6. Which brand of speakers is the best?
The best speaker brands are – JBL, Boat, Mi, Bose, Mivi, Portronics, etc.
7. What is the best portable speaker?
The best portable speakers are:
- Mivi Roam 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- boAt Stone 200 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
8. How much does a travel speaker cost?
Travel speakers are available in different price ranges. There are speakers available in prices as low as 300 rupees and as high as over 10,000 rupees.
A good Bluetooth speaker is easily available at an average cost of 1500-2500 rupees.
As these travel-friendly and portable speakers get rid of cables or wires, you can enjoy convenient and hassles-free musical experiences. Bluetooth speaker can be easily packed in your bag, or you can easily carry it in your hands.
The Bluetooth speaker is an excellent alternative to headphones as it fulfils the musical needs of the entire group or family together. It’s a great device for carrying while going for a picnic or vacation as it effortlessly creates a jubilant party mood.
Out of the product listed above, our top recommendations are boAt Stone 200 Portable Bluetooth Speakers, JBL Go 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Portronics Pure Sound Portable Speaker System and Mivi Roam 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.