10 Best Universal Travel Adapters
Whether you travel or stay at home, in our tech-savvy world, Adapters plays a significant role in our day to day life. And If you are a traveler who is on the go most of the time, then charging your gadgets could be challenging,
We use most of our gadgets which only runs because of electricity whether it is our camera, 360-degree camera, IP cameras, Action Camera or our phone or any other device, which needs to be charged or else it could run out. So, in this article, we have selected some of the best Universal Travel Adapters.
Top 10 Universal Traveling Adapters India
AC Power Plugs & Socket Types
Type A & B
If you are traveling to the USA, Canada, or in Mexico, then you can use Type A adapters
TYPE C, E, and F
If you are traveling Israel, then you will need an adapter of type H.
TYPE D & M:
If you are traveling to India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Namibia Type D is considered. And Type M is for South Africa and Namibia too.
If you are traveling to Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Argentina, etc. Type I is the socket.
If you are traveling to Denmark and Thailand or Greenland Type K socket.
If you are traveling to Switzerland, then Type J socket is your option.
If you are traveling to Chile, Italy, Uruguay Etc.
Travel Adapters Buyer’s Guide
The universal adapter should come with built-in safety features so that you are safe at all times from electric shocks and other electricity-related issues. Ensure that it also comes with built-in child protection safety shutters so that it is safe to use even around children.
Size and Portability
The adapter should have a light-weight and compact design so that you can easily carry it around while traveling within the country or internationally. A carry pouch or a storage tube helps you store it conveniently so that it is easily portable.
The universal adapter should also be able to work for any appliance irrespective of its socket type. The sockets should be able to ensure a secure and stable connection. Thus, make sure that the sockets are not loose so that the plug of the device does not come off easily.5
Universal Charging Facility
It is a significant thing to keep in mind while choosing a traveling adapter, as you never know what kind of sockets do the Hotels or a resort etc. can offer. So always check in your adapters that they have the requirements you need.
It can cause a significant issue and damage your gadgets as well as your adapter, so we always need to be careful while choosing adapters that can manage on different volts and gives charging speed as well.
Before getting any traveling adapters, we have to keep this in mind that more the plug-in options the better.
Pricing is a primary factor we always want to keep our pocket as safe as possible so the budget needs to be perfect according to our choice and your preference as there is a wide variety of traveling adapters which will help you in the long run.
Top 10 World Traveling Adapters
1. Bulfyss Universal Travel Adapter
The universal travel adapter comes with the capability of connecting to any standard wall socket in over 150 countries. It has a light-weight and compact design and comes with a storage tube that enables you to carry it around conveniently. The white adapter also features open and lock switches for safety.
- Weight: 141 grams.
- It comes with a storage tube for easy portability.
- It can connect to any standard wall outlet anywhere in the world.
- It features three interchangeable adapters.
- The adapters have to be connected to the AC power cord of the device.
- The compact and light-weight design makes it easy to travel with.
- Suitable for over 150 countries including Europe, the UK, Spain, Japan, and Australia.
- Open and lock switches for safety.
- It comes with a travel pouch that keeps the adapter safe.
- According to a user, the sockets were loose, and the plug will keep coming out.
2. SILTON Universal Adapter Travel Adapter
This Universal travel adapter along with being suitable for usage in over 150 countries, can also be used for the charging of your phone, laptop or iPad as it comes with a dual USB port. The adapter features in-built safety shutters making it a safe choice. It can also convert the power outlet while ensuring a secure and stable connection.
- Features two USB ports with a DC5V 2.1A 10W rating.
- Input: 100-240 W, Output: 100-240W 6A Max.
- It comes with built-in safety shutters.
- Suitable for use in over 150 countries including the USA, Europe, China, UK, Japan, Australia.
- Converts the power outlet and not the electrical output voltage and current.
- Ensures a secure connection.
- It can be used for laptop, camera, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Phones.
- Comes with a fiber bag for traveling.
- The charging is slow.
3. Robo Bull Universal Travel Adapter Plug
The Robo Bull Universal Travel adapter comes with a lock and unlocks switches where the plug flips out during unlock position. The adapter can be used for any appliance irrespective of the socket type in over 150 countries across the globe. The child protection safety shutter makes it safe to use around children while the surge protector helps in the proper functioning of the adapter even during voltage fluctuations.
- The voltage required: 250 Volts.
- Weight: 120 grams.
- Suitable for use in over 150 countries across the globe.
- Comes with a child protection safety shutter.
- Converts power outlet.
- Comes with a lock and unlock switch.
- Features a surge protector.
- Compatible with a wide range of appliances and devices irrespective of its socket type.
- Light-weight design and travel pouch make it portable.
- Safe to use around children.
- It can work well even during voltage fluctuations.
- Does not convert electrical output current and voltage.
- Cannot be used with high power appliances like hair dryers or straighteners and water heater.
4. Tavakkal Universal Adapter
This traveling adapter comes at a lower price and can charge mostly everything in your day to day traveling life. Especially when it comes to the budget, this adapter has the quality at such price. Recommended to those who keep a traveling adapter in the cheaper range.
Adapters in such price are not very common, and especially when it’s durable and handy, it’s all good to go. So if you are looking for the less expensive adapter, you can always go for this product.
- Accepts Plugs From More than 150 Countries with USA/EU/UK/AU/CHINA/JAPAN Plugs.
- Equipped with Built-in Safety Shutters, Include 1x Universal Adapter / 1x Fiber Bag / 1x Instruction in English and Chinese.
- This Charger Adapter Plug Converts the Power Outlet Only; It Does Not Convert Electrical Output Current and Voltage.
- Dual USB Ports DC5V 2.1A 10W
- Work with iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Phones and Laptop Cameras, Indoor Use Only.
- Input: 100-240W / Output: 100-240W 6A MAX
- Different Input Plugs with Built-in Safety Shutters.
- Compact and reliable
- Can be used overseas as well as on home grounds
- Less costly
- Less responsive connectors
- Laptop cable may not fit properly
- Type-C not included
5. Voltronix Travel Adapter
Nowadays laptops and mobile phone and some other gadgets are getting slimmer and so is the chargers. This travel adapter supports TYPE-C cable for laptop and mobile user, which is a must in today’s tech-savvy world. It is 5 in 1 international power adapter which comes along with 3 USB outputs.
For users who have any device which includes TYPE-C charging ports can rely on this adapter as it comes at affordable price comparing to its other competitors.
- High-speed TYPE- C USB port along with three more ports
- 3 x Standard USB Each Output 5V 2.4A max
- Built-in Smart IC Chip which is intelligent enough to detect the right current output and automatically adjusts.
- Single Plug Safety Feature
- Spare Fuse Included
- Built-in Safety Shutters & Fuse
- LED Power Indicator
- Type C port
- Very Small and compatible
- Easy to Use
- Compact plugins
6. ENHANCE SL 199D Travel Adapter
This adapter has the protection-dual fuse system which works as a protection cover against heating the socket as well as helps devices to prevent heating up.
This device has compatibility ranging from phones to the speakers as well as it can charge most of the electronic devices. An adapter which can help you in the long run for sure.
- Input: 110-250v 50/60 Hz 0.3A
- AC Power Rating: 6A max. 00 240Vac
- USB 2 port
- USB power rating: 2400 mA 5Vdc
- Plug types: the UK, US, AUST, EU
- Small and Compatible
- Worldwide usage
- LED indicator
7. MOMAX Travel Plug Adapter
Traveling adapters are essential when you are traveling abroad. This device can give all the benefits you need as it comes with 2 USB ports. It has a high input and also it is small yet powerful to charge any of your devices. If the price is not your concern, you can switch to this adapter.
If you are looking for an adapter which is easy to use and has no complication can, you can go for this egg-sized device which is super portable and user-friendly.
- Dual USB port
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz 200mA
- Output: 5V 2.5A/12.5W(Max.)
- AC port (UK/EU/US/JP/CN/AU):
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz 6A(Max.)
- Max. Power Output: AC 110V-660W/230V-1380W
- Protective pouch: travel-friendly
- Compatible in over 150 countries
- No USB 3.0
- Plugs do not stay at one point(sometimes)
8. BESTEK Upgraded Travel Adapter
This adapter is handy when it comes to charging simultaneously at once as it can cope up with six devices at once and can be used all around the globe without any difficulties. More features are given below.
Bestek adapter is one of the most suitable for people who travel frequently and for people who want to charge many devices at once. We would recommend this one to people who want to charge devices in the group as it saves times and can take on devices simultaneously.
- 6A Output Charging
- 4 USB charging ports
- Certified Safe: NRTL
- Weights 544 g
- Change voltage from 220V to 110v
- Six charging devices feature simultaneously
- No voltage fluctuation problems
- Not Suitable for High voltage devices
9. Kensington International Travel Adapter
This adapter can save you from carrying many adapters at once as it can handle any gadget, whether it is iron or laptop chargers or any other device, you can use it easily without any fluctuation problems.
- All-in-one wall travel adapter
- Compact and portable
- Built-in safety release button
- Works in over 220 countries
- Can be used on Chromebooks, Laptops, Smartphones, Ultra-books
- Very convenient
- Can charge huge gadgets
- Worth a price
- Can’t plug more than two plugs at once.
10. FlePow Travel Outlet Plug Adapter
This is a high-quality power strip which comes with two outlet plugs and 4 USB ports. It also comes with ” Super-charging ” facility which can charge any of your devices a lot faster than any other usual adapters. For features check below.
Whether you are traveling to Europe or any part of this world, the sockets with power strip can easily work properly.
- Super-charging Technology
- High-Quality power strip
- Charges: Phones and other techs easily
- For worldwide 110~250V 10A
- Security Certificate: CE/FCC Approval
- Charger Output: 5V ,2.4A
- Heavy-duty Material
- Easily detachable plugs
- Includes power strip
- Two outlets and 4 USB charging ports in one unit
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a travel adapter and a converter?
A travel adapter can only convert the power outlet and not the electric output current and voltage. Thus, you should carry a converter for your electrical device when you travel to international countries that have different electrical outputs.
2. What is the difference between a travel adapter and converter?
A travel adapter allows you to simply connect your device to the different power outlets of the different countries. On the other hand, the electrical converter is used to convert the electrical current and voltage of the outlet so that it matches with your electrical appliance.
3. How does universal travel adapter work?
The travel adapter works by simply converting the power outlet for your appliance. You have to plug in the adapter to the different power socket of the wall of an international country which differs from the one used in our country. This is followed by connecting the electrical appliance to the sockets of the adapter.
4. What all cables can be connected to a universal travel adapter?
You can connect any cable or plug to the adapter depending on its power consumption. It can be used to connect the cables of a laptop, iPad, smartphone, camera, tablet, etc.
Having an Adapter in your journey can help you keep in touch all over the world, and you can easily use these adapters for your convenience. Travel adapters can make a living with ace, above is given some of the most frequently used travel adapters.