Top 5 Chips Making Machines – Reviews and Buyers Guide
Read-to-eat chips are a popular snack choice as it is perfect to satisfy small pangs of hunger. They are easy to carry while travelling and not too filling, so it does not disrupt mealtimes.
They are also widely consumed at parties, giving you something to munch on while having a good time.
However, these chip packets often contain ingredients like MSG and salt that are not good for our health. This is why they are classified as junk foods.
But what if you could control the chip-making process and decide what ingredients go in them? A chip-making machine will help you do just that.
Top 5 Chips Making Machines
How to Use the Chips Making Machine?
Instead of cutting potatoes manually to turn them into fries and chips, chip-making machines do the work for us and reduce the effort required by us. The typical design of chip-making machines is composed of a body with a handle and sharp blades inside it.
The process is very simple: you have to put potato and other ingredients inside the machine and pierce it using the blade. Then, you can maneuver the handle to start the process of slicing.
Other chip-making machines have a completely different style where you need to place the raw material above the tool, and you need to push it downwards for slicing or grating.
You can put a steamed potato directly in the machine, and after you have finished processing it, you can sprinkle some salt on it for added taste.
Why Should You Buy a Chip Making Machine?
- Good for health – Compared to instant potato chips, the potato chips that are made from a chip-making machine at home are fresh, meaning it has no artificial flavoring. Artificial flavors are linked to cases of kidney infection, UTI, and hypertension.
- Easy to use – Unlike manually slicing and frying your potatoes, a chip-making machine spares you from a tremendous amount of hard work.
- Portability – Most of the chip machines are very handy and easy to carry outdoors.
- Time saver – Just put the potatoes on the machine, start spinning the handle and it will start making chips for you right away. This technology is 90 percent faster than the old way of creating chips by manual slicing.
- Safer to use – Reduced chances of getting hurt as chopping is not needed.
- More hygienic – Since you do not need to touch all the ingredients, it is cleaner compared to traditional methods.
- Tastes better – This is one of the benefits of using a chip making machine. Everything is fresh and tastes better compared to the instant chips.
Buyers Guide for Chips Making Machine
- Sharp and sturdy blades – When buying one be sure that the blades are sharp enough to ensure efficient and quick chip making. Also, ensure that it has a sturdy blade that can withstand extended use.
- Added accessories – Check what is included in the package, such as grater and shredder would be an advantage.
- Easy to grip handle – The handle should be comfortable to hold as you will be using it to keep a grip on the machine.
- Stainless-steel material – Although you can opt for reliable plastics such as ABS material, we prefer stainless-steel as it tends to last longer compared to other materials.
- Easy to clean – This is very important because hygiene is the number one priority when it comes to dealing with foods. Removable components would be a great advantage because you can easily clean the tool effortlessly.
- Stable stand – A machine with good stability will not wiggle to ensure a hassle-free operation.
- Affordability – Although most of the chip-making machines have a low price, it is always better to check if the features are worth it for their price. You can check this by comparing the chip making tool that you are eyeing to other brands.
- Size and weight – You do not want the tool to eat up too much space in your kitchen. Lightweight tools give you the ability to transfer it easily from one place to another if you want to.
- Maximum capacity – Check the maximum amount of ingredients that you can put inside the tool per session.
- Multifunctional – For the best value for money, go for the chip making machine that can be used for other stuff such as french fries making.
1. Capital Virgin Plastic Potato Slicer – Quality on a Budget
If you need a simple tool that can be used to make fries and chips, you should try this potato slicer by Capital Virgin. It has a very easy to use mechanism and a classic design offer you the functionalities you need.
This machine is very good for all the potato lovers as you can make chips, french fries, hash potatoes, and mashed potatoes. It is convenient to hold because of its strong handle.
- Dimensions – 11 x 25 x 13 cm
- Weight – 649 grams
- Color – White and yellow
- Materials used – High-quality virgin plastic
- User – friendly – It is very easy to use and no further knowledge required
- Safe to use – It has a very smooth plastic finish so that you can handle it safely
- No electricity required
- Highly portable, you can easily bring it anywhere you go
- The body is very safe and durable because it is made of high-quality plastic
- It can be used as a chopper, slicer, and cutter for your potatoes, which makes it multipurpose
- The product is affordable
- It is very easy to clean due to its detachable components
- For it to function properly, you will need to use a good amount of force to cut the potatoes.
2. Divinext Heavy Duty Potato Slicer Machine – Quick Release Lever
With this heavy-duty potato chip making machine from Divinext, you cannot go wrong.
It is reliable and easy to use. The rotating ensures you do not have to use too much force to operate the machine.
- Materials used – Full stainless-steel
- Weight – 1.1 kg
- Multipurpose machine – Can be used for potatoes, zucchinis, sweet potatoes, carrots, and radishes
- Two different cutting patterns – Spiral and tornado
- Commercial-grade – Good for business and personal use
- Quick-release lever – Gives you the ability to return to starting position in a snap which makes the process of slicing very comfortable and speedy
- This product lasts long because it is made of full stainless steel which is safe from rust
- It is lightweight and hand crank operated, which makes it easy to bring outdoors
- Its design is sleek and professional-looking, which will give your kitchen or business an added wow factor
- The unit comes with a free replacement blade which you can use if t original blade has deteriorated
- Very easy to clean because of its large gaps. You can easily put your hands or brush inside of it to clean it
- Build quality could be better
3. TOPHAVEN Potato Chips Machine Maker
Finger chips are a popular variant of the regular thin sliced chips.
Even though it is made from the same ingredients, this type is preferred by some people because you get more in a single bite. If you are one of them, then this product is for you.
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 4.9 x 3.9 inches
- Full stainless steel body that is durable and resistant to corrosion
- You can cut the potato in one swift motion without much effort
- It is a multi-functional device that can be used for vegetables
- All parts are removable, making it easy to clean and maintain
- Works efficiently and saves time
- Comes with two cutting grids and two pusher plates
- No negative points observed so far
4. Taran Chip Maker Machine – Stability and Design
This multifunctional chip maker machine from Taran is the ideal combination of style and functionality. The chip-making experience is better with this product. The high-quality mirror finish gives it an elegant look.
- Multifunctional – Can do various functions besides chip making such as wafer making, vegetable cutting, fruit slicer, etc.
- The material used – Hardened stainless steel
- Durable stand – For a much better storage
- Very stylish design which will enhance the look of your kitchen
- The handle has a comfortable grip so that your hand does not slip while making the chips
- It is very easy to clean due to its glossy design
- The hardened stainless-steel blade will ensure faster chip making and longevity
- This machine does not accommodate large sized potatoes
5. Kreyam’s Potato Chips Cutter
This chip maker from Kreyam makes cutting potato chips an efficient and simple process.
It adds a level of professionalism to your cooking skills with the neatly and equally cut chips. It is durable and engineered for years of use.
- Food grade plastic material with high-quality stainless steel blades
- The blades are double-sided, so you can use the other side if one wears out
- The product can be quickly cleaned under running water
- It can be used for cutting carrots, cucumbers, onions, and other vegetables
- All the cut chips are of equal size
- Stainless steel cutting blades are sharp and easy to use
- It can be washed in a dishwasher too thus saving you a lot of time that would go into manual washing
- It allows you to slice quickly
- A fair amount of pressure needs to be applied
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If the chip making machine gets old what common maintenance will it need?
Answer: Chip making machines are not electronics; they are just simple tools that use a lever and blade to accomplish its task. For this reason the blades can become dull but do not worry because blades are replaceable and can be sharpened from time to time.
2. What are the cleaning agents that you can use in sanitizing the chip-making machine?
Answer: You can either wipe it down with a clean cloth or wash it with a dishwashing liquid as most of the chips making machines do have detachable components.
3. What other vegetables and fruits that a chipmaker machine can handle?
Answer: It depends on the model but generally they can be used for cucumber, carrots, pineapples, and cassava as well as other vegetables that have the same texture as potatoes.
4. Is there a limit on the size of the potatoes that the machine can handle?
Answer: Yes, it depends on the machine as long as it fits the blade and can fit inside the machine then it is good to go.
5. How long will the blades of chip-making machine last?
Answer: It depends on how often you use it. Just like a kitchen knife, you need to maintain its sharpness every year or two depends on the frequency of the usage.
6. How to create French fries and potato chips using this machine?
Answer: Chips making machines do have different blades for different functions such as slicer and shredder. The slicer is usually used for making chips, and the shredder is for the fries.
7. Are chip-making machines safe to use?
Answer: Yes it is completely safe because the blades do not come directly in contact with your hands when you are using the tool.
8. If I want to sharpen blades how can I detach them from the body?
Answer: If the blades are detachable, read the manufacturer’s instructions and then you can get it sharpened. If it is not removable, it is not advised to disassemble the machine.
Having gone through the article, you are now ready to buy a chip-making machine considering all the factors and tips.
The buying guide and the range of products reviewed will make sure you find the best one for your needs. But, we do have a few favorites:
If you have the budget, Divinext Potato Slicer is the best option as you do not have to take much effort thanks to the lever mechanism. On the other hand, Keryam’s chip maker is a cheaper alternative without compromising on quality. If you prefer french-fries style chips instead of regular ones, Capital Virgin Plastic Potato Slicer is a good choice.