Best Waffle Makers In India
There is nothing more satisfying than eating a hot waffle for breakfast. Either a plain one or with toppings such as butter or fruit syrups, it is given that waffles are a big part of our morning breakfast and snacks. I remember back in the day when there are no electric waffle makers.
People tend to create waffles manually, which is a very tiring job.
There are many kinds of waffle makers available now like rotating waffle makers, Belgian waffle makers, thin waffle makers, etc. The top brands in India for Waffle machines are Cuisinart, Rusell Hobs, Wonder chef, Andrew James, etc.
Before making waffles used to consume a lot of time and effort because you needed to use a waffle molder and heat it under fire. Electric waffles perform almost everything by adjusting the temperatures to shutting-off the device.
The only thing you got to do is to pour in the batter and get the waffle when finished. Added the fact that waffles made through the use of an electric waffle maker taste better than its manual counterpart because the waffles are cooked accurately with the right amounts of heat.
This article is a one-stop guide for everything you need to know about electric waffle makers. Right from how to use waffle makers, what are the benefits of waffle makers to the buyers guide and FAQs. We have also picked the top 10 best-rated waffle makers.
Top 10 Best Waffles Maker
Heart-shaped Waffle Creation
Heart-shaped Waffle Creation
Super Energy Efficient
Cute Yet Functional
Large Capacity Heart-Shaped Waffle
Multipurpose Waffle Maker
Glass Top Design
Locking Latch Equipped
How to Use an Electric Waffle Maker
A waffle maker’s process is pretty simple. The process begins when the user pours in some oil on the grill for lubing then afterward pours in the batter evenly in a spiral manner. But before doing so, be sure that the waffle maker is pre-heated already for much better results.
The cover will be enclosed, and the waffle maker will start baking the waffle using heating. It will detect if it reaches a certain amount of temperature or time and will give the person a signal by emitting lights or some sounds.
Some models of waffle makers even have an auto shut-off feature to ensure that the waffle will not experience any overcooking.
Benefits of Using Waffle Maker
- For convenience – whenever you are using an electric waffle maker, you are sparing yourself from the tremendous work that waffle preparation could bring.
- Easier to clean – most of the waffle makers have a non-stick coating on its griddles and pans which keep the residues and stains to get off easily. This is the main reason why you will not have any difficulties in cleaning this appliance.
- Much safer to use – unlike the traditional waffle maker which uses fire, you will be much safer when you are on the electronic side. For the reason that it has built-in components such as regulators and thermostat that gives you sufficient peace of mind while making waffles.
- Provides cooler environment – compared to the traditional waffle makers, electronic waffle makers do have good insulations compared to manual waffle makers. The primary reason for this is that electric waffle makers are enclosed, which prevents the heat from escaping easily. Added the fact that they are made of materials that insulate heat quickly.
- Portability – having an electric waffle maker gives you the privilege to bring the appliance with you wherever you want to as long as the place has electricity source, then you are good to go. Unlike if you are using the traditional waffle maker, it will be a hassle to bring a molder, LPG, or logs for you to start cooking and other tools needed for making waffles. Bringing all of those things will be a horrific thing to do.
- More hygienic – electric waffle makers are non-skid, meaning they are much easier to clean, which results in cleaner waffles. Traditional waffle makers tend to have an issue with residues and burn marks on its surface, which can eventually transfer to your waffle.
- Tastes better – compared to the traditional waffle maker, the waffles that are made in an electric waffle maker are more delicious than the one made in a traditional waffle maker. For the reason that electric waffles have an adjustable browning system that gives you the privilege to choose the desired brownness of your waffle. Added the fact that it cooks waffles evenly on all surfaces.
- Faster preparation time – with the use of electric waffle makers, you are making the process of making your waffles much quicker for the reason that these waffle makers utilize the correct amount of heat to make those waffles cooked in no time accurately.
- Texture quality – it is proven that waffles that are made from electric waffle makers have better texture due to the controlled temperature that electric waffle makers have.
What Factors Should I Look for When Shopping for a Waffle Maker?
- Maximum capacity – it is essential to check if how many waffles a specific waffle maker can make per serving. By checking this carefully, you are making sure that the waffle maker that you are buying fits the number of people in your household. It is always better to cook foods all together in one session to conserve energy and time.
- Removable griddles – by having this characteristic, it will be easier for you to clean the waffle maker. There is a big advantage if the griddles are removable because the crumbs and other residues will not accumulate beneath the waffle maker.
- Types of waffles that it can create – Modern-day waffle makers do offer the ability to create particular kinds of waffles such as pizza waffles, burger waffles, and many more. That is why it is very important to check if the waffle maker that we will be purchasing will provide our preferences when it comes to waffles.
- Overheat protection – when it comes to electronics, the last thing that you wanted to happen is for your appliance to overheat, and as we all know, it will cause a lot of havoc. By having an overheat protection feature, you are assured that your waffle maker is safe from harmful damages that are due to overheating. Appliances that overheated can also start a fire. That is why having overheating protection gives you peace of mind that your home is safe from such a disaster.
- Non-stick coating/material – this is a very crucial factor to look for when shopping for a waffle maker because it is a determinant on whether the waffle maker is easy to clean or not. Added the fact that waffle makers that have a non-stick material or coating tend to last longer than its counterparts because the inner material is protected thoroughly by its coating.
- Size and weight – always consider this factor if you are looking for a waffle maker. For a reason, that waffle maker is fun to bring on picnics. You must check if it is portable and lightweight so that you will not have any difficulties if you will be bringing it outdoors.
- Power consumption – if you are just planning to use the waffle maker for home use and not for business, it is always better to go for waffle makers that have lesser wattage. By doing this, you are saving a lot of money on your electricity bills.
- Good warranty – check if the waffle maker manufacturer offers good terms when it comes to warranty. A warranty of one year and above is advisable when it comes to waffle makers because waffle makers practically in good condition have long life spans.
- Brand reputation – see to it before buying a waffle maker that the brand is well known and reputable. For this reason, that well-known brands are easier to service because their parts and service centers are more abundant than the lesser known brands.
- Insulation – The number one rule in buying an appliance that uses heat as a medium to accomplish its task is that it must be well insulated because you do not want your area to be extremely hot while you are using the product. Added the fact high-quality insulation is a good safety measure to prevent accidents such as burns.
- Adjustable browning control – If you have a lot of preference when it comes to things, then I guess when it comes to waffles, you have a preferred brownness that you desire. Possessing a browning control feature will surely give you a better experience when it comes to making waffles because you can choose how brown you want your waffles to become.
- Light indicator – if you are a busy person who loves to multitask or can’t help it because you have lots of things to do. Your appliance must have some indicators for you to be aware of the status of your waffle.
- Skid-resistant – this is a feature that is mostly overlooked when it comes to buying appliances. The base of your appliance must be non-skid to prevent any unwanted accidents that might get you injured. Non-skid base keeps the assurance that the appliance will not slip. This is very important with waffle makers because when a waffle is still in a semi-liquid state, it tends to become very hot, and a person that will have contact with it will inevitably be injured.
- Affordability – when it comes to choosing the best appliance for your home, it is always essential to check if it fits your budget. If you are planning to purchase a waffle maker, always check the features, and from that determinant, consider if the price is reasonable for the said features. Always compare with other brands that have the same features. By doing this, you can check if the pricing is reasonable.
1. ROSSMANN 3 in 1 Snack Maker
ROSSMANN 3 in 1 Snack Maker lets you cook waffles in just minutes with its fast heating rods. The thermostat control prevents the appliance from getting overheated and cause the burning of your snack.
The plates of this machine are detachable, so you can grill a sandwich or make a waffle according to your wish.
Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- It comes with thermostat control, which lets you know about the temperature inside, and along with that Overheat Safety protection feature gives you the best results.
- This waffle maker is made up of non-stick coating, which makes cooking and cleaning easy.
- It doubles up as an Open Grill as well to satisfy all your grilling needs.
- The dual indicator light lets you know when the cooking is done.
- It has a power output of 700W, which allows it to whip your favorite snack in just minutes.
- The padding standing feet prevents the waffle maker from moving while operational.
- The powerful heating rod heats up in just seconds and makes your work much easier and faster.
- It is a multi-functional snack maker that can work as Sandwich, Grill, and Waffle maker.
- It is easy to use and easy to clean.
- It provides value for money.
- The length of the cord is small.
2. Sokany Waffle Maker – Heart-shaped Waffle Creation
If you are tired of the old-school shaped waffle, then Sokany waffle maker got your back! With its ability to make heart-shaped waffles, you will surely be wanting for more.
The plastic has very good insulation. It keeps the heat away from the exterior of the appliance, which makes it very safe to use as well as it will not contribute to the increased temperature in your kitchen. This adds up to the great experience that you will have with this appliance.
- Power consumption – 1100 to 1300 watts
- Maximum capacity – five heart-shaped waffles
- Materials used – Stainless steel on the interiors and hard plastic for the cover.
- Waffle pattern – heart
- Adjustable temperature regulation – this feature allows the appliance to adjust to the required temperature for every session. This ensures that the waffle is cooked evenly.
- Adjustable waffle browning control – it gives you the privilege to set the preferred brownness of your waffle.
- Cord storage located at the base – this allows for better storage while not in use because you can keep it at the vertical position when the cover is closed.
- Two indicator lamps – this gives you a hint if the waffle maker is turned on or it is finished making your waffles.
- The design of this waffle maker is very stylish and can add some elegance to your kitchen.
- It has a non-stick coating, which makes the removal of the finished product waffle on the molder much easier.
- The anti-slip base keeps the appliance safe from any unwanted incidents that can damage it, such as slipping on the table and the like.
- It consumes less amount of electricity compared to other brands, that is why I can say that it is energy-efficient.
- It makes waffles fast, which is very good, especially if you are on the go.
- It has a large maximum capacity, which can accommodate up to 5 waffles peruse, which can save a lot of time and energy.
- The waffle maker has a very small size, which makes it very handy and portable.
- A little bit difficult to clean.
- The plates are not deep enough
3. Russell Hobbs RST750WT Waffle Maker – Super Energy Efficient
Some people are conscious of their electricity consumption. The main reason behind that is they wanted to save money for several reasons, and one of them is because of financial limitations.
Thankfully Russell Hobbs has released a low power consumption waffle maker that is surely worth trying. The body has high-quality insulation, which makes the heat inside the waffle maker not to come out of the unit. This prevents the hotness from evading your kitchen, which results in a much higher temperature that is merely irritable.
- Maximum capacity – 1 liter
- Dimensions – 15 x 20 x 50 cm
- Weight – 49.9 grams
- Waffle slices peruse – 2 waffles
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power consumption – 750 watts
- Thermostat controlled – it reaches a certain point of extreme hotness, its thermostat shuts the waffle maker off for it cool, preventing damages that might occur if neglected.
- Two light indicators which include power and ready to serve.
- Its base is stable because it is skid-proof, meaning it is very safe to use and won’t slide no matter what.
- It is effortless to clean because of its non-stick coated plate. It also increases the lifespan of the waffle maker because it prevents it from deteriorating much faster.
- It is very light and compact, which makes it very easy to bring anywhere.
- Its low power consumption will save you a lot of electricity.
- Slow heating would probably take 10 minutes to make one waffle.
4. Andrew James Waffle Maker – Cute Yet Functional
For people who have the extra budget and want to make premium waffles, then Andrew James waffle maker is the right one for you. It has a one of a kind design that will bring a lot of wow factor in your kitchen.
- Dimensions – 25 x 32 x 50 cm
- Materials used – 304 stainless steel material
- Weight – 7 kg
- Warranty – 1 year
- Adjustable temperature – this will ensure that the waffle that you are making is evenly cooked.
- Easy to grip and cool-touch handle – whenever you want to open the waffle maker, you will not be nervous anymore because it is highly insulated. That is why you can’t even feel the hotness of the appliance from the outside.
- Maximum capacity – 4 waffles
- Waffle shape – triangular
- Automatic cut – it provides evenly cut waffles for a much-desired look and eating experience.
- Due to its premium features, the waffle made from this is fluffy and thick.
- It creates waffles fast compared to other brands.
- The waffle maker will surely last long because it is made up of 304 stainless steel material. That is why it won’t accumulate rust.
- The Teflon that is coated on its surface makes it non-stick, which makes the removal of waffles very easy as well as cleaning it will be effortless too.
- This is pretty expensive compared to other brands.
5. Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker – Vertical Stand
Maybe you are looking for a unique waffle maker, then most probably, you want to try out a vertical waffle maker! Cuisinart has a very intimidating but easy to use waffle maker on their catalog, which is the WAF-V100, this will surely spark interest on your mind if you are planning to purchase a waffle maker.
The design is very sleek and elegant, which can add up some style to your kitchen too. With the batter pour pout feature, you are assured that the batter is utilized more effectively.1
- Dimensions – 20.3 x 33 x 38.1 cm
- Weight – 2.72 kg
- Batter pour spout – makes it easy for you to pour down the batter without spilling.
- Five-setting browning control – it allows you to choose the desired brownness of your waffles for a much satisfying eating experience.
- Indicator lights – this will provide you the hint if the waffle that you are cooking is already ready to serve.
- This waffle maker has a vertical stand and a slim body, which makes it very easy to store almost anywhere.
- It is considerably light compared to other brands, that is why transferring its location from time to time will not be a big deal at all.
- It gives you the privilege to do other tasks as well because it has indicator lights that will alert you if your waffle is ready to be taken out from the waffle maker.
- It has an Audible Alert and five-setting browning control.
- The product is pretty expensive.
- A little bit harder to clean.
6. Gadget-Wagon Waffle Maker – Large Capacity Heart-Shaped Waffle
Getting unique shapes for a waffle makes the experience more exciting. With this 5-slice heart-shaped waffle maker from Gadget-Wagon, we are sure that it will make your waffle experience unforgettable!
The non-stick coating also extends the life of the material by protecting it from residues, liquids, and other stains.
- Power consumption – 1000 watts
- Dimension: 27 x 22 x 9 cm
- Cool-touch housing – this feature gives you the privilege to touch the body of your waffle maker while in use without getting burnt.
- Thermostat controller – the thermostat acts as a signal for the components to cool down when it reaches a certain point of temperature. This is beneficial to get the right texture and crispness of your waffles.
- Overheat protection – this is one of the most sought features of this waffle maker. For the reason that it prevents overheating to happen this is helpful to avoid any damages that can occur to your waffle maker and your home
- Skid resistance base – this prevents any slipping and sliding that might happen shortly. For this reason, you are confident that the appliance is stable wherever you put it.
- Light and sound indicator – this feature is handy because it will give you a signal if your waffle is ready to serve already.
- The price is very affordable, considering that the product has a lot of features.
- It is very easy to remove and clean the waffle maker.
- The appliance is very easy and safe to use. Its non-skid, thermostat-based components and overheating protection make it the best of both worlds when it comes to waffle makers.
- You do not have to worry if you are doing something else while making waffles because it will give you a signal if it is finished making your waffles.
- It has a very stylish design that will surely leave your guests awed and amazed.
- The bottom of the waffle does not get cooked effectively.
7. Wonderchef Belgian Waffle Maker – Multipurpose Waffle Maker
Our technology has gone way too far, and it is also evident on this Wonderchef waffle maker. With its unique rotary flip design integrated on it will surely blow your mind. It will make your waffle making experience satisfying and memorable.
The waffles that are created using this waffle maker is evenly cooked. You can do other things also as it comes with ready to bake and ready to eat light indicators.
- Weight – 2 kg
- Power consumption – 910 watts
- Multipurpose waffle maker – it can create various types of sandwiches too, such as waffled egg, waffled cheeseburger, French toast, waffled pizza, and many more.
- Warranty – 1 year on product
- Rotary function – this ensures that the waffles made are of high-quality because it promotes better and evenly cooking of the waffles on each of its sides.
- Adjustable temperature – this gives you the preference on how cooked you want your waffle to be, such as the levels of brownness and its crispness. This prevents overcooking and half-baked waffles.
- Ready to bake and ready to eat light indicators
- One of a kind designs that will surely make it stand out even on your other types of appliances.
- It has a steady base that makes the process of this waffle maker stable.
- It is very easy to use, which does not require any previous experience in baking or waffle making.
- It is very energy efficient because it only consumes 910 watts of power per use.
- Its non-stick coating makes it very easy to clean. Added the fact that it has a removable drip tray which makes the cleaning process hassle-free1
- No negative points observed so far.
8. Molla Premium Belgian Waffle Maker – Glass Top Design
The modern design, combined with functionality, is a wonderful asset of a desirable appliance. That is why Molla integrated this concept to its waffle maker line to bring you the luxury that you desire in making your well-loved waffles even more exciting.
The non-stick coating also gives you the privilege to remove the waffles easily and quickly without breaking it down into parts. It is very user-friendly even if you are new to waffle, making you will not have a hard time using it.
- Dimensions – 30.5 x 15.2 x 30.5 cm
- LED light indicators – this will give you a signal if your waffle is ready to serve. This gives you the advantage of doing other tasks while making your waffles.
- Temperature control – this allows the waffles to be cooked evenly and gives you the privilege of the level of fluffiness and crispiness that you desire.
- Built-in cord storage – with this feature, you can store your waffle maker easily on almost all areas of your house that has limited space.
- It has a very elegant and modern design that will surely add some awesomeness to your kitchen.
- Despite its decent capacity, it is very compact, mainly because of its space-saving design. That is why it is portable and easy to bring anywhere you go.
- The non-stick coating will ensure that there will be no hassles at all every time you will clean your waffle maker.
- You can multitask while doing your waffles because it has light indicators to let you know the status of your waffles. The temperature control will also adjust to the temperature requirement of your waffle too.
- The product is a little bit expensive.
9. Skyline VTL-5099 Waffle Maker – Wide Handle
Some people are not comfortable using waffle makers because of its small handles for the reason that they are not satisfied with it. Do not worry because Skyline has released a waffle maker that is very cool to touch and very easy to grip.
The design is pretty passive yet modernized, which is desirable for present-day concepts of kitchens. It is perfect for multitasking because you do not have to control the temperature manually. The appliance itself adjusts to the needed temperature while the waffle is under the process of making.
- Power consumption – 1000 watts
- Dimensions – 17 x 13 x 19 cm
- Weight – 2.1 kg
- Warranty – 1 year on the product
- Power and ready light indicators – this assures that you are aware of the current state of your waffle maker.
- Waffle pattern – honeycomb
- Automatic temperature control – this will give you peace of mind because the waffle maker itself does all the work when it comes to adjusting the temperature to give you a quality waffle.
- Cool touch handle – for the reason that this waffle maker is highly insulated rest assured that you are free from any accidents such as burns.
- It is very easy to clean because of its non-stick coating, and you are assured that it is safe for human health as well.
- It is very user-friendly, that is why you can easily create waffles even without any experience at all.
- It keeps you away from burns because its body and handle are highly insulated. For this reason, you will not have a hard time touching the handle if you want to get the hot waffle out of the waffle maker.
- It is very compact and handy, which is perfect for picnics and other outdoor activities as well.
- It does not crisp the waffle. That is why the finished product is a little bit soggy.
10. Nostalgia RWM400RNDRED Retro Series Round Belgian Waffle Maker – Locking Latch Equipped
For people who love red color, then you would probably want this waffle maker in your kitchen! Introducing the Nostalgia Retro Series Round Belgian Waffle Maker. With its topnotch griddle, your waffles will surely have the greatest texture ever.
With this waffle maker, you are assured that the waffles that you will be making are cooked evenly because the griddle is made of a die-cast aluminum material.
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 25 x 8.5 cm
- Materials used – Die cast aluminum on the griddle
- Locking latch – this adds up an extra safety measure because, as we all know, waffles tend to become hot, especially if still on a semi-liquid state, and the last thing that we would want to happen is to get burnt. It also aids the waffle maker in cooking the waffle properly.
- High-quality standard passed – GS and SSA electrical standard approved, which guarantees you that the product is very safe to use.
- The vibrant red color and its round design will surely give an astounding new-look to your kitchen.
- It is very easy to sanitize because the plates have a non-stick coating. This also gives you the ease and advantage of removing cooked waffles without struggling at all.
- It is very handy, that is why it is very easy to bring on picnics and other outdoor activities.
- The product is a little bit expensive.
- It only makes one round Belgian waffle peruse.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is Belgian waffle different from the regular waffle?
Belgian waffles are bigger and are much thicker as compared to the regular waffle. They have a deep grid pattern, and they have a light batter, which results in a fluffier waffle.
Belgian waffles use yeast or egg to make the batter fluffier while the regular waffle uses more of baking soda.
2. Is a flip waffle maker better?
The flip waffle maker is a better option as compared to other waffle makers, as it cooks the waffle evenly from both sides. It makes the waffle perfectly golden brown from both sides.
3. How long do you cook waffles in a waffle maker?
Close the lid of the waffle maker and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Will it damage the waffle maker if I store the waffle inside it for an extended period?
Not at all, because you can store the cooked waffle in it as long as you want to. For the reason that most waffle makers have a non-stick coating on the interiors, which protects the material from stains and other sticky residues.
5. If I clean the interior of the waffle maker using water, will it damage its electronic components?
The waffle pan is removable, and that is the only one that you are supposed to clean. The contact of water to any electronic components can cause significant damage to it.
6. Is it safe to shop online for a waffle maker?
Absolutely yes, as long as it is from reputable sites like Amazon, then you have nothing to worry about.
7. Can I use a brush in cleaning the griddle? Will it not damage them or leave some scratch marks on it?
Most probably not because most of the waffle makers have a non-stick coating, which also protects the surface of the griddle pan.
8. Does the wattage of the waffle maker affect its speed in preparing our waffles?
Somehow yes, but it still depends on several factors on why the wattage of certain waffle makers is high. Some of the factors include features such as lights and other components that consume electricity as well.
But most probably if you will compare two waffle makers with different wattages the one with the higher wattage tends to heat up faster which leads to faster cooking
9. Will it damage a waffle maker if I forgot to turn it off for extended periods?
No, if the waffle maker has an auto shut-off feature because it will shut itself off if it reaches a certain amount of time or heat that it requires to cook the waffle.
10. What if the waffle maker that I will buy will not turn on?
Before you consider returning it to the manufacturer, try some basic troubleshooting first by resetting your waffle maker.
To reset it, unplug the waffle maker and wait for approximately two seconds, then reinsert the plug into the outlet.
11. Are waffle makers safe for human health?
Waffle makers are already around for quite some time now, and there are no incidents of people who caught any sickness by using waffle makers. Added the fact that waffle makers do not emit any harmful radiation and its materials are truly safe for human health.
12. Can I use any kind of batter for my waffles? Will it damage the waffle maker or leave any hard to remove residues on its griddles?
Absolutely yes, from egg yolks to syrups, waffle maker can surely handle it. Almost all of the waffle makers in the market have a non-stick material that prevents any unwanted stains and residues from remaining on surface.
13. What cleaning agents can I use on a waffle maker?
Dishwashing liquid will be applicable for it, but take note do not directly pour it on the griddle itself. Only use it if the griddle is removable. If that’s the case, wet wipes and brush will be a great alternative too.
Now you know what waffle makers that you must consider buying, we will still choose which ones are the best on our list.
Our choice is Sokany Waffle Maker (Heart-shaped Waffle Creation) because it is energy efficient and, at the same time, very affordable. Even Andrew James Waffle Maker Is a great choice because of its very professional design and entry-level premium features without having to spend too much.
Lastly, If budget is not your concern, then Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker is a no-brainer. We will go for it because of several reasons such as the wonderful batter pour sprout feature and its vertical stand for better storage.