Best Single Door Refrigerators In India
Don’t you wish to enjoy a cool and refreshing drink after being in the hot scorching sun the whole day? Do you want to keep your food fresh for long, so that after coming home you can enjoy your home cooked meal just by microwaving it or warming it on a gas stove? Don’t you like having frozen desserts, eat fresh vegetables and meat at your home? Then all you need is a refrigerator to fulfill your wants.
In today’s generation, it is almost unimaginable to have a kitchen without a fridge. With us being busy the whole day, where we are always on the run, we often neglect our health by not eating fresh food. A refrigerator helps us in keeping our food fresh for a longer time and also keeps the nutrients intact in it.
A refrigerator or simply a fridge is an innovation of the new age that has come to a whole new level. It has been designed to provide users with a lot of conveniences, be it storing food, keeping medicines, delicious desserts, etc. for a longer period.
Over the past years, there has been a huge advancement in technology. Now, apart from types, you can find a refrigerator for any purpose like Energy Efficient Refrigerators and even if you are under budget like Refrigerator under 15000. Refrigerators have become an important machine to have in every home to enjoy the convenience. But as the variety of the product increases, there arises a confusion about the choice.
We often get worried about which one to choose and which one meets our needs. There are various things to consider before buying a refrigerator. For better understanding, we have written about the working of the fridge and its part along with the types of refrigerator available in the market. We have also mentioned buyers guide and FAQ’s. To help you out even more below is a list of some of the best single door refrigerator in the market.
Top 15 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Smart Inverter Compressor
Smart Inverter Compressor
Smart Inverter Compressor
Stylish and Unique Design
Feature Rich Refrigerator
Express Freezing Refrigerator
Extra Large Freezer
5-star Energy Saver
Honeycomb moisture lock-in technology
The Working Principle
Before looking at the variety of refrigerators, let us first understand how does a refrigerator work.
The working principle of a basic refrigerator is – the heat from one area is taken and then deposited in the other surrounding areas. Cool gas is passed over the items stored in the refrigerator, and all the heat from the substances is absorbed. This results in a drop in the temperature of the substance.
The Parts of the Refrigerator
The parts of a refrigerator can be divided into internal and external. The efficiency of a refrigerator is mainly based on its internal parts. Some of the parts are located inside the main compartment while others are placed at the back of the refrigerator. This component location varies from one company to another.
The internal parts of a refrigerator are :
- Condenser – It is a unit used to condense a substance from the gas state to a liquid state, by cooling it. It removes the heat from the interior to the outside air.
- Compressor – It is the main component of the fridge. Imagine it like a pump that sucks in the refrigerant and gives it back at high pressure. It has a motor and is a major power consuming part.
- Refrigerant -It is a chemical substance that circulates through all internal parts of the fridge carrying the cooling effect.
- Capillary – It is a thin copper tube, very long, coiled in many turns to save the space. It drops down the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant at once.
- Thermostat – It controls the temperature in the refrigerator using a sensor connected to the chiller. The user can set the temperature according to their needs.
- Defrost system – It removes excess ice from the surface of the chiller. This is done to maintain the maximum efficiency of a fridge.
- Chiller or Freezer – Here the refrigerant cools down the substance in the refrigerator, it gets evaporated, and then the compressor sucks the refrigerant.
The external parts of a refrigerator are responsible for its appearance.
The external components are :
- Freezer compartment – The items that are to be kept at freezing temperatures are placed here. Temperature is below zero degrees Celsius.
- Thermostat control – It helps in setting the internal temperature of the refrigerator using a nob.
- Refrigerator compartment – The items that are to be cooled are placed here. Temperature is above zero degrees Celsius. It has shelves.
- Crisper – It has the highest temperature in the refrigerator. The things that are to be kept fresh without cooling or freezing them are placed here.
- Refrigerator door compartment – The smaller sections on the door for eggs, milk, dairy, etc.
- Switch – A button that is responsible for the operation of the small light that glows when the refrigerator is opened and turned off when it is closed.
So, to summarize the entire working process, we could say :
- The cool refrigerant gas is passed over the items stored in the refrigerator and reduces the temperature.
- The compressor sucks the hot refrigerant gas, and then the gas is pumped back after cooling down.
The Types of Refrigerator
The market hosts a wide variety of refrigerators. They differ in size, the way they are powered, appearance, and also the way in which they cool the substances. The volume of the refrigerator may vary from about 4 liters to 650 liters. There can be refrigerators with freezers and also without freezers. For the ones without a freezer, a separate section for making ice cubes is provided.
When we differentiate based on the appearance, we can classify them based on the color, the position of the freezer (top or bottom), the metal used in designing, and so on. When we consider the position of the freezer, it is a known fact that if the freezer is at the top, the refrigerator is at the bottom and vice versa. These types of refrigerators have become very popular.
Also, refrigerators are classified based on the number of doors they have – single door, side by side door, French-style four-door, and so on.
Compact fridges are a smaller compressed version of the normal domestic refrigerators. These are largely preferred by people who own mini-apartments and have very few areas to accommodate a standard refrigerator.
The Single Door Direct Cool Refrigerator:
This is preferable for a small family or if you are single, mostly suitable for two to three people.
It does not have a frost-free function. The freezer will be a part of the refrigerator, and you will have to defrost it manually from time to time using the Defrost option.
Its size varies from 50 liters to 300 liters. Also, there is a dry drawer available in some of them. This refrigerator is one of the most affordable types available in the market.
This refrigerator comes with an auto frost-free option. This is preferable for a family of four or above. The freezer is separated from the refrigerator compartment.
It has a constant airflow to prevent the ice build-up. The size varies from 200liters to 500liters. The prices are mid-range but can increase with the increase in size. This is more spacious than the single door refrigerator.
The freezer can be either on the top or at the bottom.
This type has made its entry recently in India. This fridge resembles the classic wardrobe. It has two doors; opening one does affect the temperature of the other.
The sizes range from 400 liters to 850 liters. Also, the prices are a bit higher comparatively. Sometimes there is no partition in between, that is, the temperature zones are spread across.
French-style door refrigerator:
This resembles the side-by-side refrigerator. The only difference is that it has three compartments instead of two. The sizes vary from 300 liters to 800 liters.
The Buyers Guide for single door refrigerator
Before actually finalizing on ‘the refrigerator’ you are going to invest upon, it is advisable that you keep the following points noted beforehand. Let’s now look at the important basic features one has to look at when buying a refrigerator.
Child Lock Features
Safety is a very important factor while buying a product. If safety features such as child lock features are provided in refrigerators, it would be a good option.
When all your food items are stored together inside the refrigerator, it creates a foul smell inside it. Most of the products which are coming up these days have an Active Carbon filter installed in it which deodorizes the air inside the fridge, preserving the food for a longer time.
Shelves & Compartments
When you have a lot of food items, they should be arranged in an efficient manner. Having a number of shelves and compartments makes the storing in a more organized way.
The style of your refrigerator
As already mentioned, the market hosts a wide variety of refrigerators. You have to keep in mind your requirements regarding what is suitable for you and your family. You can select a single door, side by side door, French-style four-door, and so on.
The capacity of the refrigerator
As you are now aware of the variety of refrigerators in the market, you need to have a proper idea of the ability to choose. Based on your family size and also the availability of space in your home, you will have to make the right choice.
This is one of the major concerns and is the deciding factor in the number of features your refrigerator will have. A single door fridge can start at around Rs. 8500. A double door fridge starts at Rs. 16,000, and the price may vary depending on the features. The side-by-side fridge and french-door fridge start at a few thousand and go on to a lakh or above.
The energy consumed by a refrigerator can be estimated by the stars on the fridge. These stars represent the Energy Efficiency Rating (EER). If the number of stars is more, it implies that the energy consumed is less and vice versa. As the number of stars increases, the prices also shoot up. So keep a check there!
Add-on features and your requirements
The price of the refrigerator increases as you keep choosing the additional features. The basic model costs the least.
Considering the way you would use the refrigerator, choosing the add-on features could be a great way to end up on the right choice.
For example, if you are not a fan of frozen food, choose a refrigerator that has lesser freezer space with more refrigerator space. Also, be aware of the fact that you will have to clean your fridge. So please choose a convenient one.
Overcome power cuts
Companies like LG has now launched models that can maintain the cold temperature in the fridge even in a power cut for 7-9 hours. This has changed the game for many other companies as well. Power cuts are constant, and items in the refrigerator need to be maintained to a certain degree, or else it will be spoilt. To prevent that companies have now started using technology that maintains the temperature for a good amount of time without power.
With an ice pad or no ice pad, every freezer compartment gets jammed due to the forming of the ice inside. This can be a problem in closing the freezer door, and air can leak to other compartments. Defrost mode switches off the cooling system without having to switch off the whole refrigerator.
The ice melts and gets stored in a tray that can be drained manually. Some refrigerator also offers auto-defrost what that does is; it defrosts the compartment itself from time to time.
The inside temperature of a refrigerator keeps on varying due to it’s on and off-cycle. With inverter technology, the temperature is stable. This also consumes less electricity and makes less noise as compared to others.
So to summarize, you should surely check out for :
- The storage space and the door pockets.
- The price and energy consumption.
- The warranty on the refrigerator
- Voltage stabilizers and cool pads
- A digital display (if it is available at an affordable price)
1. Samsung 198L
Samsung is a South Korean company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It is the largest Korean conglomerate and has several affiliated companies working together. It has been one of the most trusted brands in home and kitchen appliances.
The Samsung 198L direct cool single door refrigerator has a refreshing new crown door design with an H-Bar chrome handle. Samsung guarantees its long-lasting and energy-efficient digital inverter compressor for the durable and trouble-free life of the refrigerator. The refrigerator is equipped with digital inverter technology which automatically adjusts the compressor according to cooling demand across seven levels.
- Digital inverter technology uses less energy, minimizes noise, and reduces wear of the tear of the refrigerator.
- The refrigerator has a safety gasket that keeps the door liner and prevents bacteria and fungi from entering the refrigerator.
- The refrigerator stays protected against voltage fluctuations as it works on stabilizer free operation.
- It has a deep door guard that enables you to store large drink containers as well as long bottles.
- The safe clean back feature of this refrigerator lets you easily clean the backside without the worry of shock as it is well coated. It also stops dirt from collecting around components and protects from knocks.
- The refrigerator is 5-star energy efficient which saves electricity while giving utmost performance.
- The unit has a one year warranty and ten years warranty on the compressor.
- The direct cool feature keeps vegetables fresh for 15 days.
- The refrigerator runs on solar energy within a voltage range of 100v – 300v. The solar energy is stored in batteries which is controlled by the solar charge controller. This energy is used by SPUC to run the appliance.
- It has a base stand drawer where you can store your food items that do not require refrigeration. This way you save more kitchen space.
- The refrigerator has a lock and key which lets you keep your fridge closed from children.
- It has 6L extra storage space.
- It has a horizontal curve door design that boosts your kitchen interior.
- The refrigerator has a slimmer, brighter, and energy-efficient LED light that illuminates every corner of your appliance.
- The Samsung compressor is VDE tested to run for 21 years.
- Its toughened glass shelves are tested to hold a weight of 150 kg.
- It runs on a home inverter and keeps functioning 24×7 even during power cuts.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Haier 181L Direct Cool
Haier is a multinational home appliances and consumer electronics company situated in Qingdao, China. It designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various consumer products like air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, etc.
The Haier 181L direct cool single door refrigerator comes with diamond edge freezing technology which helps ice form in a better way. The refrigerator required manual defrosting.
- It has a capacity of 181L which is ideal for a family of 2-3 members.
- It is 2-star energy efficient and has a non-inverter compressor.
- It has a door lock and anti-fungal gasket which keeps your food fresh for a long time and prevents unnecessary opening of the refrigerator.
- The large vegetable box stores all your veggies and at the same time keeps them fresh as it has a humidity controller.
- You can instantly defrost your freezer as it has a defrost button.
- The refrigerator is protected from power fluctuations as it can function on the power supply which is as low as 135V thus providing a stabilizer free operation.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can hold heavy pots and pans for long-lasting freshness.
- The refrigerator is easy to maintain and clean.
- The refrigerator brings a modern and lavish look to your kitchen due to its sleek and aesthetic look
- The refrigerator door has thicker PUF which retains low temperatures efficiently.
- Its compact size consumes less space.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Whirlpool Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool Single Door Refrigerator is a direct-cool inverter refrigerator with auto-defrost technology. It provides 4 times precise cooling and ensures 40% longer vitamin preservation.
This refrigerator comes with the ability to provide 12 days of freshness with its moisture control system. It also keeps away bacterial growth with its special technology for safe consumption of stored food.
- This refrigerator has a capacity of 215 liters and has 3 star energy rating
- The intellisense inverter technology helps in operating on lower voltage
- It comes with extra features like flexi mode, eco mode and fast forward ice mode with UI panel
- Zeolite technology keeps food fresh for up to 12 days and honey comb moisture lock technology maintains optimum moisture
- MicroBlock technology prevents 99% of bacterial growth
- IntelliFrost technology cools and defrosts intelligently with the help of temperature sensor
- It operates even during power fluctuations and does not require a separate stabilizer
- It ensures cooling that stays locked inside and retains it for up to 12 hours
- This refrigerator auto connects with home inverter for smooth functioning during power cuts
- The easy to clean removable gaskets ensure hygiene and health
- No negative points were observed
4. LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator -Smart Inverter Compressor
This refrigerator lets you keep the food fresh and moist for a longer time with its Moist N Fresh technology. LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(GL-D201ABPX, Blue Plumeria, Base Stand with Drawer, Smart Inverter Compressor) is one such product that suffices the needs of 2-3 family members because of its 190L capacity. Have a look at all the features of the product.
- It is equipped with a Smart Inverter Compressor that gives an unmatched performance, saves a lot more on electricity bills, and operates in much lesser noise.
- The Smart Connect technology lets you connect your refrigerator to your home inverter that would save you from food spoilage during power cuts.
- Moist N Fresh technology maintains the moisture inside the refrigerator at optimum levels. This will increase the time for which your food remains fresh.
- Offers 190 L capacity with a 4-star energy efficient mark.
- It is made up of toughened glass shelves that can withstand a load of about 175 Kg(approx.) which gives you the freedom of storing a lot more items without the risk of being broken.
- It has the fastest ice making technology because it stores the cooling intact and sealed inside it.
- It comes with an antibacterial gasket so there’s no fungus growing inside the refrigerator.
- It has a slow cooling system.
5. Godrej 99L 1 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator -Compact
This single door refrigerator is an ideal option for small families and bachelors. Godrej 99L 1 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator (RD CHAMP 114 WRF 1.2 WIN RED, Wine Red) comes with a compact and sleek design that does not occupy much space. The direct cool technology ensures that this refrigerator functions in energy-efficient levels. Let us look at the features of this product.
- It is a top-freezer refrigerator making it easier to access frozen food, as well.
- Being a 100% environment-friendly product ensures that that the surrounding is not harmed without ever compromising on your daily requirements.
- Refrigerators ensure that it operates in low voltage about 140 volts.
- The shelves are wired shelves type.
- Offers a capacity of 99 L.
- It comes with Manual Defrosting.
- The compartments come with a bottle-guard that prevents that bottle from falling off while storing them.
- The refrigerator is compact in size, and it does not occupy much space ideal for a small-sized family.
- Has an inbuilt stabilizer so no need to purchase separate voltage.
- It does have an automatic defrosting option.
6. Haier 220 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Stylish and unique Design
You should always look for an efficient product while buying it, Haier 220 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator (HRD-2204PMG-E, Mirror Glass) is one such product that will save you a lot more money as compared to other refrigerators. Having PUF insulation inside it ensures that the cooling remains intact and sealed inside it for a longer time.
- With longer condenser coils that come inside this refrigerator and the PUF insulation installed, the cooling developed inside it remains sealed and intact. Because of that, the freezer can produce ice in just a few hours.
- The product is a 4-star rating, which means that the energy consumption of this refrigerator is very efficient. You can save a lot of amount on your electricity bills.
- The heavy-duty compressor ensures that you do not need to buy an extra stabilizer with this product.
- Offers 220 Liter storage.
- The utility box that comes inside this refrigerator helps you to store small items such as cosmetics and medicines, saving much more space.
- The base stand which is not inside the fridge but is at the base helps you to store things such as potatoes that do not need to be stored inside.
- The glass door of the freezer is not of great quality.
7. Whirlpool 190 L Single Door Refrigerator – Feature Rich Refrigerator
Whirlpool 190 L Direct Cool Single Door 3 Star Refrigerator has a capacity of 190 liters and is a single door refrigerator. It is suitable for the family of 2-3 members. It is equipped with a sixth sense, Quick Chill technology, and the Easy Defrost Mechanism ensures that the food remains fresh and for a longer time. It has a top freezer.
The refrigerator is spacious, and the door pockets are large enough to hold big bottles. There is also a separate section, the crisper, to hold vegetables and keep them fresh.
The cooling is uniform with honeycomb moisture-lock technology which maintains optimum moisture in your vegetables, keeping them fresher for a long period.
The manual defrost option can be easily used. This comes with a special 9-hour cooling retention feature, which is unique in this model. The gasket is removable.
It has a reciprocatory compressor that requires minimum maintenance. The energy-saving is up to 35%. This refrigerator has cyclopentane insulation, which is environment-friendly and reduces the production of harmful hydrofluorocarbons.
It comes with a 1-year warranty on the refrigerator and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- Wire shelves and rust-free handle.
- Stabilizer free operation – This helps the refrigerator to run smoothly even during voltage fluctuations within a range of 130 – 300 V.
- Easy Manual defrosting – This mechanism provides cooling by allowing to defrost easily.
- Anti-bacterial Removable Gasket – The airtight removable gasket prevents the formation of fungi and bacteria inside the refrigerator to keep the edibles hygienic and also helps in easier maintenance.
- Maximum Bottle Storage – 2 dedicated racks that can hold around three two-liter bottles and five one-liter bottles.
- Extra-large freezer, two ice trays, large vegetable crisper providing large storage space.
- It comes with an advanced moister slider which helps in maintaining the moister in vegetables.
- 3-star rating for energy consumption – Provides energy-saving up to 35%
- Reciprocatory compressor – a Standard type of Compressor with Easy Maintenance
- Honeycomb moisture-lock technology – Maintain optimum moisture over all the edibles
- Cyclopentane insulation – reducing the amount of greenhouse gases emission. It is environment-friendly.
- Built-in stabilizer
- Door lock for safety.
- No cool pad
- Interior does not have toughened glass
- No ice and water dispenser
8. Haier 195L Single Door Refrigerator – Express Freezing Refrigerator)
The Haier 195L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is a ready-to-use refrigerator and does not require any pre-installation.
It comes with a single door and has a capacity of 195 liters. The price is a little higher than the above option but is affordable. It keeps the edibles fresh for days.
It comes with 1-HIT, i.e., One-hour icing technology that brings down the temperature of the gas and retains its cooling to help the formation of ice in just one hour. It also a stabilizer-free operation to avoid voltage fluctuations within the range of 135-290 V.
It has a 4-star rating which helps in lowering energy consumption. This refrigerator has a manual defrost option. It has a top freezer and spacious interior.
- Express Freezing – the edibles are cooled down within no time thereby saving energy
- Manual temperature control using a knob to adjust the interior temperature of the refrigerator
- Toughened glass shelves that hold even heavier objects without breaking
- Three refrigerator shelves and three-door slider bins with refrigerator interior light
- Crisper to keep vegetables fresh and chilled.
- 4-star energy consumption
- 1-year warranty on refrigerator and 10-year warranty on compressor
- Door lock availability for safety
- Removable gasket for easier maintenance and hygiene
- No cool pad
- No removable racks
- No moisture control
9. Godrej 210L Single Door Refrigerator – Energy Saver
The Godrej 210L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is an economical, energy-saving and top-freezer refrigerator that saves up to 55% on energy consumption.
It has a manual defrost option. It has an Intelligent Inverter Compressor, a large vegetable crisper and anti-bacterial technology to keep the edibles fresh and hygienic.
It has a technology to lock the aroma of the edibles, keeping them fresh for days. It has a large bottle of space, chiller space, and a vegetable tray.
The capacity of this refrigerator is 210 liters. It comes with spacious interiors. The price is higher than the other models mentioned here. However, it saves a lot on power consumption. This refrigerator gives uninterrupted cooling for years.
- Intelligent Inverter Compressor that does not overload the electricity bill
- Variable Speed Compressor that adjusts speed according to the requirement and operation
- 5-star performance that saves up to 55% on the total energy consumed
- 24-hour freshness with aroma lock technology ensuring that the edibles do not lose their odor
- Noise-free operation – It operates silently without any disturbance to the surroundings
- It can be operated on a home inverter and function fully during long power cuts
- Toughened glass interiors that enable the storage of slightly heavy objects
- An anti-bacterial Removable gasket that prevents the formation of bacteria and fungi keeping the edibles hygienic. The cleaning of the gasket is also made easier as it is removable
- Additional dry storage drawer to store edibles that do not require cooling
- Presence of Palladium Carbon-based Deodorizer that eliminates any foul smell and delays the process of decaying.
- No stabilizer required. It has a built-in stabilizer.
- Dry Storage to store dry vegetables like potatoes and onions.
- 1-year warranty on refrigerator and 10-year warranty on compressor
- Comparatively heavier
10. Haier 170L Single Door Refrigerator – DEFT Refrigerator
The Haier 170L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is economical and comes with a manual defrost option.
The capacity is 170 liters. It has a reciprocatory compressor. About 35% of the energy is saved as it is a 3-star. This is a top freezer refrigerator and has a built-in stabilizer. It has wired shelves. It also has a door lock option.
- A built-in stabilizer that handles all the voltage fluctuations in the range of 130-290 V with ease.
- 35% energy saver
- Diamond edge freezer technology (DEFT) – retaining the cooling in the refrigerator even during long power cuts
- Direct cooling technology – It is economical, consumes less electricity and requires manual defrosting
- there are four-door balconies and two shelves.
- One year comprehensive and four years warranty on compressor
- No fruit case or base stand.
- No toughened glass
11. Godrej 255L Single Door Refrigerator – Extra Large Freezer
The Godrej 255 L Direct Cool Single Door, 4 Star Refrigerator, is suitable for families with 2 to 3 members. It has a 4-star energy rating and comes with a warranty. It has large vegetable storage that allows stocking up of vegetables. It is a top freezer refrigerator. It has a built-in stabilizer. It has an inverter compressor.
The large freezer space can accommodate up to 2-3 boxes of ice-cream. It has a capacity of 225 liters. This fridge is environment-friendly. The Godrej 255 L Direct Cool Single Door, 4 Star Refrigerator, comes with a DuoFlow Technology that helps in reducing the cooling loss by up to 50%. The price of this refrigerator is higher.
- Thick insulation that ensures that there is less or no loss of cooling
- Can be run on a home inverter providing cooling even during prolonged power cuts
- It is an eco-friendly refrigerator as it is free from CFC, HFC, HCFC gases
- Large freezer space with around 20.7 L freezer space provided and large vegetable tray that helps in keeping the vegetables fresh and also eliminates the need for frequent visits to the market
- Big chiller space that can hold up to five one-liter bottles
- Dry storage – a 13 L compartment that allows you to stock on vegetables that do not require refrigeration such as potatoes and onions.
- 4-star energy rating given by BEE saves 45% of the total energy consumed.
- Removable door bins and removable gasket that helps in easy cleaning and maintaining hygiene
- Toughened glass interiors to hold heavy objects
- An anti-bacterial gasket that prevents the formation of bacteria and fungi and helps in maintaining interior hygiene
- It does not require an external stabilizer as there is a built-in stabilizer that handles the fluctuations in the voltage
- 1-year comprehensive and 10-year warranty on compressor
12. Samsung 192L Single Door Refrigerator – 5-star Energy Saver
The Samsung 192 L Direct Cool Single Door 5 Star Refrigerator is an economical refrigerator with the most amazing features.
It has a capacity of 192 liters and a top freezer. It requires manual defrosting. The edible remained fresh and chilled for a longer time.
It comes with a 5-star energy rating which saves up to 55% on energy consumption. The Samsung 192 L Direct Cool Single Door 5 Star Refrigerator has a digital inverter compressor that saves a lot on electricity consumption than a normal compressor.
- Glass shelves – made of toughened glass that can hold heavy objects
- Digital Inverter Compressor – adjusts speed according to the cooling requirement by reducing noise and energy
- Crown door – a slightly curved door with clean lines that add a stylish look to the refrigerator
- A stabilizer-free operation that enables the steady and reliable operation of the refrigerator during voltage fluctuations that cause electrical damage
- Base drawer to store vegetables that do not require cooling
- An anti-bacterial large vegetable box that keeps the edibles fresh and chilled for days and prevents them from decaying
- Island type handle – a unique kind of handle that usually does not come with all other refrigerators
- Toughened glass
- High energy efficiency (BEE Certified) – 55% energy saving
- Sophisticated design
- Runs on a home inverter
- No cool pad
13. Mitashi 87 L 2 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – For bachelors
This signal door refrigerator from Mitashi has the 87-liter capacity, an excellent choice for a small room as its size is compact. It uses R600A refrigerant that gives higher performance and faster cooling that causes a lower impact on ozone depletion potential.
The fridge is equipped with a direct cooling system that provides optimum cooling with the best performance and low cost. The refrigerator operates without a stabilizer that makes sure of the balance in power fluctuations.
- It offers 87 Liter storage capacity, which is great from its compact size.
- Has a 2-star rating that indicates power saving.
- Has stabilizer free operation to prevent any power fluctuation.
- The door of the refrigerator can be locked.
- Design with elegant style in a silver color that will suit any kitchen
- The fridge has a toughened glass shelf that can hold heavy food items.
- It is equipped with Direct Cooling System for faster cooling.
- Compact size will fit in any corner ideal for small rooms.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty on product and 5-year warranty on compressor
- The refrigerator is budget-friendly.
- Uses R600A refrigerant to cause a lower environmental impact.
- Suitable for bachelors.
- Does not have to a defrost button, it needs manual defrosting.
- The lamp inside the fridge seems to stop working after a few days.
14. Whirlpool 190L Single Door Refrigerator – Honeycomb moisture lock-in technology
The Whirlpool 190L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is an apt choice for small families and couples. Having a capacity of 190 liters, the Whirlpool 190L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is an economical single-door refrigerator running on a standard type reciprocatory compressor.
This refrigerator requires manual defrosting and can be easily maintained. It has a 3-star energy rating saving up to 35% on the energy consumed. It supports a consistent temperature that keeps the edibles fresh for a longer time.
The Whirlpool 190L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is equipped with a 6th sense Quick Chill Technology and easy Manual Defrost Mechanism. The temperature inside the refrigerator is maintained for 9 hours even during prolonged power cuts. It can handle fluctuations in voltage to a decent range.
This refrigerator has a separate compartment for juice cans and milk packets. The interior storage space is enormous. The gasket is removable and is also airtight. The Whirlpool 190L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is a top freezer refrigerator.
- Nine-hour cooling retention – The 6th sense Quick Cool Technology retains cool temperature for up to 9 hours when there is a prolonged power cut
- Easy manual defrosting – ensures that the defrosting can be done with ease
- Chiller – A special compartment to hold juices and milk packets and keep them chilled
- Vegetable crisper with honeycomb moisture lock-in technology that maintains optimum moisture over all the edibles
- Advanced moisture slider – maintains the required moisture in the vegetables for a long time
- A large vegetable crisper that can hold up to a week’s requirements and keep them fresh for a longer time.
- A removable anti-bacterial gasket that prevents the formation of fungi and other bacteria maintaining the interior hygiene of the refrigerator
- Strong rust-free wired shelves to hold the objects and provide an extra storage area
- Door lock – provides safety
- No external stabilizer required
- Moisture look technology – prevents the formation of ice on edibles and prevent them frosting
- Stabilizer free operation – A built-in stabilizer handles the fluctuations in voltage in a range of 130V – 300V ensuring the reliability and stability of the refrigerator
- Cooling retention technology – to keep the temperature in the refrigerator stable even during power cuts
- No cool pad
- No toughened glass interiors
- No water and ice dispenser
15. Samsung 215 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Stylish design
This single door refrigerator from Samsung has 215 L capacity and suitable for families with 2-3 members. With its unique inverter compressor, it is energy efficient and makes very little noise.
It also offers a large capacity verge box to keep all the vegetables and fruits fresh. The refrigerator has stabilizer free operation, which means it works very steadily and is reliable in preventing any electrical damage.
If the voltage fluctuations increase too much, it will cut power automatically, making it super safe for home.
Samsung 215 L refrigerator has not only good features like a huge verge box or toughened glass shelf but also has a 3-star rating. It provides good service and consumes less electricity.
- Digital inverter technology lets compressor speed in response to cooling demand and makes minimum noise giving a peaceful experience.
- Base stand drawer that lets the user keep vegetables in one place and helps from humidity as well.
- The refrigerator has a clear view lamp that gives a proper view of things inside.
- The door liner has an Anti-Bacterial Gasket that keeps it clean and prevents any build-up of fungi, so everything is hygienic.
- The refrigerator has a safety back cover that can be removed and cleaned so that nothing bad goes inside.
- Has a stylish, unique round top design that has a sleek look, turning any kitchen modern.
- Glass shelves are durable and can be moved to make height adjustment as per need.
- Larger verge box to store more items.
- The painting design in the front gives the kitchen a new look
- Heating on the side of the refrigerator is noticed.
- No door lock
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you defrost a single door refrigerator?
You can defrost a single door refrigerator by following the below steps.
- Check the layer of ice or frost that is formed on the wall of the freezer. If more frost is formed, you have to defrost your refrigerator.
- Auto Defrost- Press the ‘DEF’ button to defrost. Once the entire frost is removed from the freezer, the appliance will start automatically.4
- Manual Defrost- Rotate the defrost knob towards the ‘OFF’ symbol. Once frost is removed, bring the knob back to the ‘ON’ symbol by rotating it.
Opening the door is not recommended while defrosting as it will cause more frost in the unit subsequently reducing the cooling. Hence opening the door should be avoided.
2. Best single door fridge to buy in 2019?
There are many products that are available in 2019. Looking at all the features of these products, the best buy of 2019 would be LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator. The Smart Inverter compressor uses less energy, makes lesser noise, and gives the maximum output. The sleek and compact design suffices the needs of about 2-3 members. The Smart Connect technology helps you to connect the refrigerator with your home inverter as well, preventing the food from getting spoiled during power cut-offs.
3. What should I look for while buying a new single door fridge?
Some of the most important things to look for while buying a single door refrigerator are:
- Opt for energy star: It would be a better option if you go for a star rated products because it will save a lot of pennies in your electricity bills.
- Do not assume the size: Space, where your previous fridge was placed, is free now and you need to place an exact sized fridge into that space. If you miscalculate it, you would need to find a new space to place it which causes you to shift other things in your house as well.
- Use the compartments wisely: Your fridge would look more organized if you place things at the right place which needs the items to be placed in correct shelves. This way, you can manage space, and it would also not look clumsy.
4. What size is a single door fridge?
The single door refrigerators come in varying sizes, but, the average size of this product ranges about 100-250L. You can buy a product according to your own requirements.
After you have briefly seen the variety of refrigerators in the market, it is time that you decide which one suits you the best even before finalizing on the refrigerator that you wish to buy, bear in mind that energy efficiency is one of the most crucial features. Energy efficiency means a healthier and comfortable living that is in line with nature.
Out of all the 11 products, Whirlpool 190 L Single Door Refrigerator – Feature Rich Refrigerators our choice due to its unique features and style. If you are looking for a compact refrigerator of a bachelor or couple, you can go for Mitashi 87 L 2 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator or Haier 170L Single Door Refrigerator – DEFT Refrigerator whichever suits your requirement. In the above list, there is something for everyone.
The features like compressor type, capacity, energy rating, interior type, construction of the exterior body of the refrigerator are the ones that have to matter the most for a buyer of any kind.
As the sole purpose of the refrigerator is to keep the edibles fresh and chilled, the refrigerators that have moisture lock technology and are capable of keeping the edibles chill during prolonged power cuts must be preferred.