Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Are you tired of using different techniques to remove the dust, debris and hair particles from your home? Do you have pets around you and find difficult while cleaning? Vacuum cleaners help you in easy removal of dust, hair, debris and other minute particles. They are capable of cleaning furniture, floors, carpets, curtains, cars and much more.
You must have noticed that vacuuming your carpet is different than vacuuming your floor, that is because you must be using a vacuum cleaner for carpet and that is not suitable for a hardwood floor. vacuum cleaners help in a healthy and hygienic lifestyle. Also, it is easy to use and works on simple air pressure. For thorough cleaning allow the vacuum cleaner to go back and forth in the same place. Now, due to the increase in customer needs and competition different companies are providing the vacuums with different features and special features. Have you ever thought you home would be cleaned with a simple button press? Yes, it happens with a robotic vacuum.
In this article, we have mentioned clearly about the cleaning of hardwood floors, different types of vacuum cleaners. Also, we mentioned key factors to consider while buying, answering commonly asked questions and the best picks from our end.
Top 10 Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Washable dust collector
Washable dust collector
How to Clean Hardwood Floors?
- To clean hardwood floors first clear the area by removing the light furniture. It is better to place pads to the furniture to avoid scratches.
- Now, use vacuum or dust mop to remove the hair and other dust particles.
- A dust mop doesn’t remove entire dirt from the floor. Though the vacuum is capable of removing the minute dust particles, of making your home clean, you must use it two to three times.
- Now, use the vacuum with different attachments to remove the entire dirt.
- Run the vacuum back and forth with smooth strokes avoiding scratches.
- Finally, mop the floor using a damp cloth. Few vacuums can also mop the floor.
Types of Vacuum cleaners
- Can be comfortably carried by the hands.
- Effective to use on hard to reach areas in your home because they are very compact and light.
- Essential for walls and appliances.
- Not that effective for general floor cleaning.
Canister Vacuum Cleaners
- It is like the upright and sticks vacuum cleaners combined. It is attached into a separate canister which acts as a passage for the dirt,
- It is usually the most expensive type of vacuum cleaner.
- It has a slender structure making it perfect for cleaning carpets and floors.
- Usually heavy and enormous in size that is good for heavy-duty use.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Comes in a straight physical structure.
- It is commonly the most popular type of vacuum cleaner.
- Not only great for carpet cleaning, but also perfect for bare floors.
- User-friendly as it is easy to use and maintain.
Stick Vacuum Cleaners
- This vacuum cleaner is shaped like a long narrow stick.
- It is well known for cleaning narrow spaces at home and hard to reach areas.
- This is easy to use because of its thin handle that is very comfortable to hold.
Automatic/Robot Vacuum Cleaners
- They became a popular one due to its automatic function.
- Requires less effort for the user.
- It can roam around your house and clean it effectively using its sensors.
- They are by far the most expensive vacuum cleaners because of their topnotch features and technology.
It is considered as the most key factor to be checked while buying a vacuum. Generally, any vacuum comes with a single filtration power and few vacuums have additional filtration. People who are more prone to allergies and dust must consider to chose the vacuum with HEPA filters. The basic filtration that comes with your vacuum either may have dust bag or dust cup.
Dust bags collect the dust and seal for proper disposal. Also, they require replacement quite often. A dust cup collects the dust which can be emptied by throwing the dust in a trash bin. Also, replacement chances are low. It requires replacement only when the cup is broken.
The noise level of the vacuum will be different from vacuum to vacuum. It all depends on the design of the vacuum. Few vacuums are designed in such a way that noise is blocked and emits less noise. Also, vacuums that are available for a low price may produce more noise. Ensure the vacuum you opted to produce low noise. However, no vacuum will be available that produce no noise.
A hardwood floor does not need high suction power as do the carpets. Hence, you can go for the vacuum with low to medium suction power. If your home is the combination of hardwood and carpets, then opt a vacuum that can perform both the cleanings efficiently without scratches or damage.
A vacuum cleaner is not a less priced business. If you are investing a good amount on it, then ensure your vacuum provides a warranty. A warranty helps when your device stops working soon after you buy. Otherwise, it also helps when you want to replace a few attachments.
Attachments and Extension Hoses
Ensure your vacuum comes with few attachments/extension hoses and few accessories. Keep in mind that every vacuum can not clean the curtain, floor, carpet, and furniture with the same attachments. Also, to clean the up-high places, you need different hoses or accessories. Hence, opt for a vacuum that can meet all your needs for cleaning.
Types of floor do you have
The article is all about the vacuums for hardwood floors. Your floor is a wooden floor yet every wooden floor is different. Few wooden floors are softer, few are harder, and few are just coated with wood to provide wood feeling. Ensure that the vacuum you chose will provide scratch-free cleaning. Also, vacuum with proper paddings avoids your wood from damage. Moreover, if your floor is made from softwood then do not opt for heavy-duty vacuums.
Padding is the key factor to be considered while buying a vacuum. Irrespective of the type of floor you have it is better to choose the vacuum which has proper padding. Padding stops your floor from getting damaged. Also, padding helps in holding the vacuum firmly and not running out from your hand.
It is not mandatory that all the vacuums occupy less space for storage. A heavy duty vacuum like canister can occupy more space when compared to stick vacuum. A vacuum with more accessories and attachments also require much space. To avoid storage problem, it is advisable to opt for a vacuum which can be stored easily as per the space you have at your home.
Easy to clean and maintenance
To keep your space hygienic, the vacuum must be well maintained and must be easy to clean. It includes dust bags or dust cups, filters, attachments. Every accessory that comes along with the vacuum must be cleaned thoroughly free from dirt and bacteria. So, opt for a vacuum that requires minimal maintenance.
Portability and Weight
Portability is the key point to look while you are buying any vacuum cleaner. Cleaning your home or office or any mess must be easy, time saving and effortless. Any portable vacuum can be moved from one place to another place easily and also any corner of the room easily.
Also, for quick cleaning and spot cleaning lightweight vacuums are more user-friendly. A heavy-weight vacuum is less portable, and even if it is portable, it requires more effort to move from one place to another.
1. Inalsa Spruce Vacuum Cleaner – Our pick
Inalsa appliances are found in 1967 and are subsidiary of Taurus group. It provides high-quality products and great customer service. Their products have good user ratings. A wide range of category of the product includes food processing, breakfast, cooking appliances, home care utility, personal care, and heating appliances.
The vacuum cleaner comes with in-built blower function, two extension pipes, crevice nozzle, flexible hose pipe, floor cum carpet brush, sofa brush, blower plate.
- Has great adjustable suction power on a hand grip
- It has a 360degrees rotation wheel for greater mobility
- Temperature overheat protector that protects the device from overheating
- It is provided with high-filtration washable, reusable cloth dust bag
- At the back of the vacuum cleaner, crevice nozzle cum upholstery brush is stored
- The powerful blower function throws out dust and dirt
- Has great suction power
- Washable dust cloth bag
- Dustbag full indicator
- Has a cor retractor feature which helps in automatically winding of the power cord
- Blower feature can be improved
- Difficulty in connecting hosepipe
2. 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner Black Decke– Attractive
Karcher is a family owned business company that provides sophisticated, well-designed, user-friendly devices for cleaning. Apart from cleaning machines they also provide cleaning accessories and cleaning agents. List of their products includes air purifiers, vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, container cleaning, cleaning, and care products and much more.
The vacuum cleaner is mounted on wheels for easy mobility. It has a 17-liter capacity. Now, you can easily attach different nozzles. Special blower function to be used when vacuuming seems difficult. Also, it’s a vacuum cleaner wet and dry. Moreover, designed perfectly for easy storage, flexibility, and versatility.
- It includes suction tubes, wet and dry floor nozzle, clips, crevice nozzle, paper filter bag
- Specifically designed cartridge filter and now you can be free from changing the cartridge filter for wet and dry
- Blower function for blowing the dust where vacuuming is difficult
- Floor nozzle and suction hose for flexible, convenient vacuuming
- Push and pull locking system for quick, safe and easy access
- It is convenient to move here and there with the ergonomically designed handle
- Easy attachment of different nozzles.
- Attractive color
- Quality of the motor is good
- Dry, wet and blower functions are good
- Powerful motor
- Light in weight so carrying around is simple
- Non-reusable dust bag
- Level of suction cannot be adjusted
3. Black Decker WDBD15 15 Litre Vacuum Cleaner – Washable dust collector
Black+Decker is an age-old renowned company founded in 1910. It is the leading company providing with high-quality products. Their category of products includes power tools, garden tools, and other home products. All their products are tested, well-designed, innovative and satisfy the customer needs.
The vacuum cleaner comes with wheels for easy movement of the vacuum. Also, it has a HEPA filter and a handle at the top to carry the vacuum easily. It comes with all necessary attachments and accessories.
- The product includes vacuum cleaner, two-in-one wet and dry floor brush, crevice nozzle, HEPA filter, flexible hose, sponge filter, two plastic suction tubes, upholstery, and carpet brush
- Also, the product comes with a two-year warranty
- This can be used for both wet and dry cleaning
- It has a 15L capacity and capable of cleaning all the needs
- It can be used for cleaning carpets, hard floors, etc
- Washable dust collector bag
- Strong build-up quality
- The suction power of the vacuum is excellent
- Users have appreciated its quality
- No negative points stated by the users
4. ILIFE A7 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – Automatic function
ILIFE is the worlds leading manufacturer company and research in robot cleaning technology. They provide efficient and easy cleaning. Their category of products includes a floor washing robot, two-in-one cleaning, carpet cleaning expert.
Now you can schedule the cleaning process as per your convenience for any day, time of the week. Also, the robotic vacuum can be set in 5 different modes. Interchangeable roller brush for powerful cleaning and removing hair, debris, dust. It can be controlled in three different ways app/ remote/ manual. This is an ideal vacuum cleaner for pet hairs as well
- The product has a third generation cyclone power cleaning system
- It provides with an interchangeable rolled brush system
- It can be easily used on carpets, hard floors
- Removes all sort of dust particles, pet hairs, debris
- It cleans efficiently with back-and-forth cleaning
- Now, your vacuum program can be scheduled, and it can be controlled three ways app/remote/mechanical buttons
- Also, it comes with five modes of cleaning path, auto, spot, edge, and max
- LCD panel with remote control/wifi access
- Powerful suction
- Easy removal of pet hairs and dust
- No cons found
5. Dyson V8 Animal Cord-Free Vacuum – Cordless
Dyson is a British technology company founded in 1991. They are manufacturer and designers of household appliances. Category of their products includes air purifiers, vacuum cleaners, heaters, and hair dryers. Moreover, all their products are designed perfectly to meet customer needs.
Dyson V8 cord-free is portable and easily converts from upright to a handheld device. It is capable of providing 40 minutes of suction capacity. Also, it captures allergens and makes the air free from allergens. Hygienic dirt ejector is provided to empty the dirt in one action.The vacuum comes with the docking station to hold the attachments.
- Dyson vacuum comes with combination tool, crevice tool, Flexi crevice tool, and mini motorized tool
- Vacuum generates suction up to 115 AW. Also, it can be converted to a handheld vacuum for easy cleaning
- Now, you can be free from allergies and asthma
- The filter is capable of removing the smallest of small particles as 0.3 microns
- Also, the filter is capable of removing allergens by expelling the clean air
- Moreover, it is capable of removing ground-in dirt from the carpet as the bristles go deeper into the carpet
- The battery is designed in such a way that the vacuum can provide 40 minutes of fade-free suction
- Hygienic dirt ejector aids in driving out the trapped dust in one action
- Great suction feature
- Pretty and easy to use
- Well designed and efficient
- Attachments should have been according to Indian flooring
6. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Easy convertible
Shark provides innovative and ideally designed products. It is a leading company providing household appliances with great functionalities. Their category of products includes steam mops and irons, different types of vacuums. Also, all shark products have superior quality.
The ultra-light vacuum cleaner can easily be converted from an upright to a handheld with a simple push button. Now, cleaning curtains, staircase, and the floor will be easier with the shark rocket vacuum. Dust cups are provided to collect the dust instead of dust bags.
- The ultra-light upright vacuum comes with wide accessories like dusting and crevice tool
- Now, it will be easier to reach up-high places easily. The vacuum can be used for cleaning curtains, floors, stairs
- Rocket vacuum can easily convert from upright to a handheld with a simple button push
- One-touch fingertip control helps in easy changing of mode from hard-floor to carpet
- It does not require a bag to collect the dust as it comes with dust cups
- Also, dynamic swivel steering aids in easy cleaning of dust on the furniture as well as under the furniture
- Easy to use and a sturdy vacuum
- The vacuum is lightweight so can move around easily
- Rotating brush helps in easy dust collection
- No overheating problems
- Quality of the roller can be improved
7. Osmon OS 800BL 800 Watts Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Customizable
Osmon products are built with high-quality materials. Also, the design of the product is well designed and balanced well. Their products come with one year warranty. List of their products includes air fryers, toasters, vacuums, etc.
The bagless vacuum can be customized as per our needs. Capture nozzle has the capacity of capturing large debris. Now, cleaning the couch, beneath the car seats will be easier — perfect crevice tool for hard reached places for easy cleaning. Also, washable filter for easy maintenance.
- Ergonomically designed handle for easy cleaning
- The bagless vacuum has a HEPA filter that is washable and reusable
- Customizable vacuum cleaner with a two-in-one design
- Provides effective cleaning with swivel steering
- Capture nozzle helps in capturing large debris easily. Also, the vacuum efficiently captures dust and pollen by improving the air quality
- Ideal for cleaning hard floors, low pile carpets, rugs, vinyl floors, tile floors
- Handy product
- Easy to clean
- Comes with length power cord
- Under furniture cleaning is easy
- A user complained of motor heating
- Makes noise sometimes
8. Bissell Easy Cylinder 8661K Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Easy switch
Bissell provides expert cleaning with different technology and innovative designs. Their products are designed as per the needs of the customer. List of their products include the bagless vacuum cleaner, stick vacuum, stream shot cleaner, manual sweeper, carpet deodorizing powder, etc.
The bagless vacuum cleaner comes with large dust cup capacity for easy emptying. It easily captures microparticles, debris, dust. Also, an air flow regulator on flex house is provided to reduce suction on drapery fabrics.
- The bagless vacuum comes with large dust cup capacity for easy emptying
- Size of the vacuum is compact and has powerful suction
- Cyclonic technology helps in an easy switch from carpet to floors and vice versa.
- Also, filters provided are washable and reusable
- The product comes with one year warranty
- It comes with a dusting tool, crevice tool, and upholstery tool
- Easy to carry, handle
- The lightweight vacuum enables with automatic rewind system
- Comes in an attractive color
- Quality of the hose connection could be better
9. iGRiD Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – Tiny
iGRiD provides with a wide range of products to satisfy customer needs. All their products are well designed. List of their products include vacuums, swiss knife, electronic pedicure, advanced shaving system and much more.
The rechargeable cordless vacuum cleaner is lightweight and provides 40minutes suction power. The vacuum can also be converted into handheld when required. Now, spot cleaning, quick cleaning, and car cleaning become easy.
- The product comes with one year warranty against manufacturer defects
- To keep the vacuum cleaner hygienic, you can wash the canister, filters
- It does not have dust bags. To reach the ceiling and drapes, you can use additional pipes that come along with the vacuum
- The tiny vacuum can be stored easily and moved quickly
- Now, you can clean the sofas, quilts, sheets, beddings, and mattresses with ease and it comes with HEPA filter
- The vacuum with L-shaped pro-cyclone technology has powerful suction and can capture more dust than a regular traditional vacuums
- Easy maintenance and lightweight
- Comes with own stand and charging port
- Built-up quality is good
- Also, it has a minimum noise level
- The height of the stick could be longer
- The vacuum size is small
10. Eureka Forbes Quick Clean Vacuum Cleaner – Washable dust collector
To provide a healthy living to the customers, Eureka Forbes designed and developed advanced appliances. The range of category includes water purifiers, air purifiers, vacuum cleaners, and security solutions. It is a 37-year-old company with a wide network and aimed to provide quality goods for their customers to stay them healthy.
Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner comes with automatic cable winder that helps in storing the cable in the unit. It sends you a notification when the dust bag is full. It has airflow control for effective cleaning. Also, it comes with a wide range of accessories for complete cleaning. Moreover, it is portable and compact.
- The product comes with one year warranty
- Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner has a foot operated on-off power switch for easy use
- The lightweight vacuum cleaner comes with six cleaning accessories for effective cleaning
- For greater mobility, it has three swivel wheels that ensure easy handling and stability
- Also, it comes with a unique feature of dust bag full indicator that helps in indicating when the bag is full
- For secure cable storage, it comes with an auto winder
- Moreover, it has great suction power
- Easy to use
- Many people have appreciated its quality
- Compact and lightweight
- Affordable price tag
- Some users doubted the quality
- A user complained of motor heat heating
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use vacuums on hardwood floors?
Yes, you can use vacuums on hardwood floors provided they don’t have high suction feature and no beating bars. It means your vacuum must have the minimum suction capacity to remove the dirt or dust. Also, vacuums damage the hardwood floors only if they are used in the wrong direction.
2. Why must I vacuum and how often should I?
The regular vacuum helps in maintain a hygienic lifestyle. Also, they minimize the allergies caused by dirt and other bad health conditions caused by dirt. If your home is free from pets, then you can vacuum once in a week. Otherwise, you must vacuum twice a week to be hygienic.
3. Types of hoses or accessories needed?
Hoses or accessories provide a special facility to clean the dirt from different places in a proper way. The type of hoses or accessories to opt depends on the usage, where you are using and how you are using.
4. Difference between canister and upright
A canister vacuum is more capable of cleaning dirt from the staircase, closet easily when compared to upright. Also, the canister can adopt different function easily rather than upright.
Hope this article provided you with the correct information about vacuum cleaners. You can make your selection based on our buying guide. Choose the product as per your requirements. Do remember if you have small homes go for compact ones rather than heavy and more space occupied machine. We chose Inalsa Spruce-1200W Vacuum Cleaner for Home with Blower Function and Reusable dust Bag, Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner and ILIFE A7 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with High Suction as our best picks. Click on the link provided for buying any vacuum cleaner.