Best Televisions in India
Walk into most homes, and you’ll most likely find a TV set in their living space.
Reason? It’s not only an excellent source of entertainment but also a medium through which people get to know all that’s happening around the world.
Nowadays, purchasing a TV set isn’t an easy task as it goes way much beyond price consideration.
The good news, however, is that there are a lot of choices out there from different brands.
Bad news, you might be overwhelmed by the options.
The best TV should have a size to suit the place you intend to place, have clear pictures and excellent sound quality.
It should also have plenty of connectivity options, easy to use, and also should be quite durable.
You don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on a set that stops to function after a few months of use.
In this list, we’ve come up with the top 10 Television sets that you can find in the Indian Market today to make your shopping super easy.
All you need to do is go through different types of televisions and select the one that you feel like it suits you best.
11 Best Televisions in India
Best Ease Of Use Feature
Best Picture Quality
Best Full Hd Tv
Quality At A Budget
Best Smart Features
Best Sound Quality
Best Connectivity Features
Best Budget Led Tv
Types of Televisions
Some people refer to these models as analog TVs.
Cathode Ray Tube(CRT) is the chunky, old-style TV, which is so bulky as it houses the screen and the projector gun as well.
These models are very limited in the market today and started to fall since the early 2000’s due to the introduction of smaller LCD screens.
LCD (liquid crystal display) are simply thin displays usually used in laptops and TV screens.
LCD is a unique flat panel with the ability to block or allow light to pass.
The panel is made of segments of blocks filled with liquid crystals.
LCDs do not produce their light but require light from external sources like the fluorescent bulb to create an image.
LED is an updated version of LCD. These models use the same technology as the LCD with the only difference being that they illuminate with the help of an array of LEDs (Light-emitting diodes) and not the fluorescent bulb.
They are by far more efficient and smaller in size when compared to LCD models.
Plasma TVs are arguably more superior to LCD and LED models when it comes to contrast and color accuracy.
A plasma screen is made of two sheets of glass that are later injected and sealed in plasma and hence the name “Plasma TV.”
Because of the format, these TVs are only restricted to larger screen sizes,40” + and above.
OLED (Organic light-emitting diode) uses organic materials such as carbon to create light.
OLED screens are super thin and flexible.
Colors and contrast are much better on these models than on other TV models.
They are faster in processing images and create deeper colors. They are, however, very expensive.
The following are the factors you need to put into consideration before you purchase a TV set today.
The first thing you need to think about before you look for a TV is the size of the panel.
Do you need a 32-inch TV, 43 inches or a 55 inch?
And the next question you need to ask yourself is about the size of your living room.
The set you pick should suit the size of your viewing room.
Another thing you need to put into consideration when it comes to the screen size is the number of people in your family that will be watching the TV at once. The larger the number, the larger the screen.
Screen size will also depend on how close you’ll sit to your TV.
The closer you sit, the smaller the screen ought to be.
The thumb rule is that you need to always choose a screen size appropriate to the distance you will sit from the screen.
Screen resolution is simply the number of pixels that make up a clear picture on display.
The more the pixels, the sharper, the images you get, and vice versa.
Full HD, which is 1920 x 1080 resolution is the standard and most common resolution you expect to find in most TV sets across the globe.
Some manufacturers are however coming up with TVs with Ultra HD (3840 X 2160) resolution also called 4K.
With this resolution, small objects on the screen have more details.
Images appear more life-like and richer than on HDTVs.
Here are the different screen resolutions explained in details;
HD Ready (1280 x 720)
LED TV models that are HD Ready, have screen support of 720 pixels.
The resolution of these models is simply 1280 x 720.
If you are under a budget, go for models with the HD Ready resolution as they come at affordable prices.
Full HD or 1080P
TV models with full HD resolution are the most common.
They have screen support of 1080 pixels. The resolution is 1920 x 1080.
Full HD models offer more than twice as many pixels as the HD Ready TVs.
Ultra HD or 4K
Ultra HD models have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 with 4000 pixels.
Although TV sets with this resolution come with a higher price tag, they provide the best viewing experience.
HDMI and Connections
Always pay attention to the number of HDMI inputs a TV set has. The more, the better.
HDMI cable support higher data transfer speeds, offering more bandwidth for you to enjoy 4K UHD and HDR content.
Ensure that you get a set with at least 4 HDMI inputs.
If going for an older set version, you will also need to put the number of USB ports it has into consideration.
With USB, you’ll be in a position to playback media and also provide power to some streaming dongles.
High Dynamic Range technology(HDR) adds more color, brightness, and contrast to every content displayed on standard HD or UHD TVs.
With it, white becomes whiter and black blacker. All colors appear more detailed and true to life as well.
HDR allows details that might get lost in shadows to pop up truly.
A TV’s refresh rate is generally expressed in hertz(Hz) which simply means the number of times an image on the screen gets refreshed per second.
The higher the hertz, the smoother the picture you’ll get.
TVs that come with higher refresh rates provide more clear visuals with very minimal motion blurs.
The experience you get from all this is very immersive.
All TVs have a refresh rate of 60HZ while the most expensive ones offer 120HZ with others ranging to 240 HZ.
For example, if you watch a lot of action movies or are into gaming, go for a set with the highest refresh rate you can get.
It will take your experience to a whole new and great level.
A smart TV is capable of connecting to the users, making it easy for users to stream video content, run compatible apps, and browse the internet as well. These TVs incorporate support for over the top services like YouTube and Netflix, enabling you to enjoy a wide range of entertainment.
Smart TVs also come with play store enabling you to download your favorite apps. You, therefore, get the chance and freedom to enjoy your favorite content.
You also need to pay attention to a TV set’s remote control before you pay for it.
You don’t want to go home with a remote that is difficult to use or one with batteries that you can’t find in your local stores.
The best remote ought to be medium-sized and with well-differentiated backlit buttons.
Now that TVs are getting thinner and thinner, room for good built-in speakers becomes less.
You can’t compare LCD and OLED TVs with the older CRT TVs that included quite good speakers.
The sound quality of the speakers they come with isn’t even loud enough to fill up a large living space.
This doesn’t matter whether it’s an expensive model or not.
What you, therefore, need to do is to test the sound quality of the model before getting it.
If not, you can choose to refer to the user reviews to get an idea of what to expect from it.
Who would hate to get a durable TV set?
It should be among the first factors you consider when going for one.
Even though you don’t expect a TV to last forever, it should get you going for some years down the line.
The best TV sets can last for a minimum of seven years with some lasting for as long as 10 years.
The appearance of your TV may be the last thing you might be concerned about, but it’s still important.
If looking forward to adding décor to your living space, go for a set that comes with stylish touches as they are more appealing.
Some high-end models even come with an integrated bias light that doubles as a digital painting frame.
You should, however, be ready to pay more for such models.
The worst thing you can do is purchase a TV set that comes without a warranty card.
Remember that you have spent your hard-earned money which you’d never wish to see getting blown by the wind.
Getting one with a warranty means that you’ll be covered even if the TV stops functioning in the next few days.
The longer the period of the warranty, the better.
When going after anything, you always have to be considerate of the price.
You need to think about your budget and the amount you are willing to spend on the item in question.
The case applies to TVs as well. If the price range of the model you want to purchase suits your budget, go for it.
When doing so, remember that quality comes first and you should therefore never compromise it for the price.
1. Samsung 32 inches HD Ready LED Smart TV
Samsung has made its mark in every Indian home through its electronic appliances and accessories. This South Korean brand was established in 1938 by Lee Byung-Chul.
The Samsung UA32TE40AAKXXL smart TV lets you experience superior experience and sound quality specially for Indian users.
With a superior and sleek display, this TV is sure to enhance your living room.
You can connect blu ray players, set top box and gaming consoles.
Apart from this, it is equipped with in-built Alexa, Bixby and Google voice assistants for remotely controlling your TV. This way, you can search for movies, control smart home devices, play music, get sports updates, etc.
- It offers a resolution of 1366×768 pixels and comes with 2 HDMI and 1 USB port for connectivity.
- It lets you enjoy a spectrum of colors and visual details with HDR that levels up bright expression of your TV.
- Its ultra-clean view delivers high-quality images with less distortion by utilizing an advanced algorithm.
- Its display features mega contrast and PurColor (optimal picture performance) with HD display quality. The TV’s built-in speakers offer Dolby Digital sound with 20 Watts Output.
- The TV is equipped with a contrast enhancer that brings a flat image to life by automatically adjusting contrasts.
- Transition your TV to your personal computer by mirroring your computer’s display.
- Through Live Cast, you can cast your videos from mobile to TV.
- The sleek one control remote lets you operate set-top box, gaming console, apps, and line TV.
- It is Bluetooth supported.
- Samsung has curated content from streaming channels and broadcasts so that you can view all your favorite content without having to download the app.
- The TV can be converted into a virtual music system for better sound and look.
- On the lighter side of the price.
- No negative points found.
2. Sony Bravia 32 Inches Smart Tv – Our Pick
The Sony television provides amazing clarity with full high definition.
Everything you watch is refined and with minimum noise and maximum impact.
With it, you’ll have the best experience from the picture and sound quality.
The set will let you enjoy entertainment to the fullest with deep bass, soaring vocals, and compelling soundtracks.
Its smart plug and play enable you to easily share photos, videos, and music from multiple devices.
When it comes to connectivity, USB tethering makes it a lot easier for you.
All you need to do is connect your smartphone via a USB cable to your TV and start enjoying the content of your choice.
With this model, you’ll never have a dull moment when relaxing at home.
The TV comes with four types of protection that keep it safe.
It has no ventilation holes in the back like most TVs do, a feature that helps to keep dust out.
It also has an anti-humidity coating on its circuit board that helps prevent short circuits caused by high moisture.
Its primary capacitor protects it against unstable electricity keeping it safe at all times.
With it, you can watch your favorite programs using any Indian regional language.
- Has clear audio enabling you to hear music and dialogue with greater clarity
- Smart plug and play, lets you share videos, photos, and music from multiple devices
- USB tethering enables you to connect your smartphone to the TV making it possible for you to watch your favorite programs
- Its primary capacitor protects against unstable electricity
- Vivid and crisp picture quality
- Excellent Wi-Fi connectivity
- YouTube and Netflix run flawlessly
- Great sound quality
- No wall mounting fixtures
- Unable to install apps
3. Mi Led Tv 4a Pro 43 Inch Android Tv – Best Display
Mi TV is one of the most famous TV brands in India and this one, in particular, comes with a customized-for-India speaker with DTS HD support.
You will, therefore, enjoy watching your favorite programs as well as listening to music with this set.
The model comes with ultra-light FHD display enabling you to explore every detail in brilliant clarity with life-like colors and enhanced brightness.
It also comes with a built-in Google Assistant that helps you to play content, control the TV, and also to discover and get answers.
The TV comes with an array of connectivity options including 3 HDMI outputs,3 USB ports, Ethernet, A.V, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well.
It also comes with the latest Oreo build with security patches, Chrome cast build-in and play store that enables you to download thousands of apps.
When it comes to storage, the model has 8GB storage and 1 GB RAM.
Get this set and get revolutionary TV experience with 7000,000 Hours of content.
- Comes with customized for India stereo speakers
- Has an ultra-bright ready display that makes everything to appear brilliantly clear
- Comes with built-in Google Assistant, Chromecast and play store to download your favorite apps
- Has lots of connectivity options including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and Ethernet
- Outstanding picture quality
- Built-in Google Assistant works perfectly
- Remote is easy to use
- Minimal loading time
- Not suitable for loud music
- Wi-Fi connectivity could be better
- Minimal storage space
4. Samsung 32 Inches Series Led Tv – Best Ease Of Use Feature
If you are looking for a 32-inch TV set that will make you enjoy your favorite programs at all times, try this Samsung television.
It provides vibrant colors with true details, giving you a clear view.
With it, you’ll get the chance to enjoy everything with refined quality.
It comes with a USB port that makes it easy for you to watch and play your favorite entertainment and media.
Its wide color enhancer improves image quality and uncovers details with colors as precisely as they were meant to be.
It also comes with 2 HDMI ports enabling you to connect Blue-ray players, set-top box and gaming console as well.
Its supported media formats include MP3, JPEG, AVI, and ASF.
It also comes with one year comprehensive and 1-year additional warranty.
- Has a resolution of 1366 x 768 and a refresh rate of 60 hertz
- Comes with 2 HDMI ports and a USB port for connectivity
- Has wide color enhancer that improves the quality of the images and uncovers details with color
- Clean View reduces noise and interference
- Comes in an elegant design
- Easy to install
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to use
- Sound quality is not up to the mark
- Average picture quality
5. Lg 32 Inches Led Smart Tv – Best Picture Quality
This TV set comes with the best display panel (IPS display panel) that provides life-like color and blur-free images with a broader viewing angle.
It is powered by webOS enabling you to enjoy smart TV with convenience and easiness.
Getting this model will enable you to experience the ultimate sound experience.
Its music player will enable you to enjoy all types of music through the speaker when using other apps. This is possible even when the TV screen is switched off.
It has PMI (Picture mastering index), a new standard that expresses vibrant and life-like color.
This smart TV also enables you to watch TV and surf the internet at the same time.
Its Live Zoom allows you to enlarge the screen as you watch by merely pressing the live zoom button on the remote control.
With this LG TV, you don’t have to worry about built-in memory since all you need to do plug USB to enjoy unlimited memory.
It comes with a flexible wall mount brackets that enable you to rotate it as per your viewing angle.
- Has the picture mastering index that helps to express vibrant and life-like color
- Has a content store where you can shop for all entertainment content
- Its Live Zoom feature enables viewers to enlarge the live screen
- Powered by webOS that allows you to have the best smart TV experience
- Excellent display clarity
- Has a good user manual app
- Great and fast connectivity
- Doesn’t come with a magic remote as promised
- Has limited apps
6. Sanyo 43 Inches Led Tv – Best Full Hd Tv
This 43 Inch TV from Sanyo will not only make you experience stunning picture quality but also enjoy watching your favorite program from any angle.
It has a full resolution (1920 x 1080) that gives the most color definition and delightful picture clarity.
The model comes in a sleek design and sleeks contours for a superior finish.
It also has wide viewing angles that enable the viewer to experience contrast and color reproduction.
The feature makes it possible for several people in a large room to view without being affected.
This TV also comes with loud box speakers that enable it to provide crystal clear audio and enhanced bass.
Its noise reduction technology ensures that you enjoy your favorite TV shows with a lot of clarity and in full resolution.
You can enjoy unlimited entertainment from your collection thanks to the 2 HDMI and USB ports that come with the model.
You even get the chance to connect it to an external home theatre and also turn it to your favorite music player by merely switching the video screen off.
The TV set also comes with a wall-mount giving you the flexibility of choosing whether to wall mount or table mount it.
- Has wide viewing angles making it possible for several people to view without getting affected
- Has loudspeakers that provide a crystal clear sound experience
- Comes with an innovative voice reduction technology enabling you to enjoy your favorite TV programs and movies
- Has 2 HDMI and 2 USP ports that enable you to connect external devices
- Great clarity and screen resolution
- No lagging when changing channels
- Decent sound quality
- The remote control is a bit heavy
- Picture quality not up to the mark
7. Tcl 40 Inches Led Smart Tv – Quality At A Budget
This TV from TCL features a narrow bezel and will not only keep you entertained but also add décor to your living space.
It has an A+ grade FHD panel that meets the highest industry requirements.
It ensures detailed, clear, and vibrant picture quality.
The model uses micro dimming technology to analyze its contents in a hundred separate zones.
This way, it adjusts the TV’s brightness separately, giving you a fantastic viewing experience with excellent contrast.
It comes with a stereo surround box speaker, an inclusive design for the Indian Market.
The built-in box shape creates a louder and broader range to deliver immersive surround sound with the help of the Dolby decoder technology.
The TV smart sound feature automatically detects every program you watch and adjusts the sound settings for different content.
It also has a user-friendly interface setting that enables you to enjoy the latest internet video content.
It also comes with the TV edition of Netflix and YouTube, enabling you to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Contains the micro dimming technology that analyses TV content and adjusts brightness separately
- Has a built-in stereo surround box that uses Dolby technology to boost its sound quality
- Comes with an A+ grade panel that ensures detailed, clear and rich picture quality
- Has a smart sound feature that automatically detects every program that you watch and adjusts sound settings with different content
- YouTube and Netflix runs smoothly
- Comes with a wall mounting stand
- No lag on Wi-Fi
- Comes with a user-friendly interface
- Can’t install external apps
- Has few apps
8. Kevin 32 Inches Led Smart Tv – Best Smart Features
Kevin smart TV comes with an A+ grade panel with bright pictures, better images, and a clean motion rate.
It has a viewing angle of 178 degrees that lets you watch from any angle without any blur.
Its HRDD resolution display gives high picture quality, providing you with an unmatched viewing experience.
The TV comes with two HDMI outputs to connect a set-top box, gaming console, Blu Ray players among others.
It also comes with two USB ports to connect hard drives and other devices.
With this model, you’ll get a chance to play exciting games on TV as you’ve never before.
The model also comes with built-in apps like YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, Hotstar, among others.
You’ll, therefore, get full time entertainment and surf the internet at the same time.
The built-in cinema mode features on this TV allow you to watch movies in a theatre-style audio and video settings.
- Has HRDD resolution display that gives the best picture quality
- Built-in cinema mode allows you to watch movies in a theatre-style audio and video settings
- Has 178 degree viewing angle that gives you a chance to watch comfortably from any position
- Comes with built-in apps like Netflix, YouTube, and Hotstar
- Great picture quality
- Play store available to install apps
- Easy connectivity to Wi-Fi
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- No batteries for the remote
- Poor installation services
- Can’t upgrade RAM which is only 1GB
9. Kodak 43 Inches Ultra Hd Smart Tv – Best Sound Quality
This Smart TV will give you a smartphone feel since it’s quite user-friendly.
It also gives you an easy way to use and operate applications of your choice.
With it, you’ll get the chance to enjoy apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Hotstar.
With Miracast app, you’ll be in a position to cast your phone on the TV and use it as a remote and keyboard as well.
The TV gives you the best viewing experience with vivid colors and sharp images at 3840 x 2160 ultra-High Definition Resolution.
The model also has enhanced sound quality that is crystal clear and equipped with a richness in feel.
It provides you with more features than standard TVs and will also enable you to enjoy the feel and convenience of PC on your TV.
With this model, you’ll get the chance to browse through your favorite apps and also enjoy 10 million hours of free content on apps of your choice.
It has an interface that provides you with more features than you can ever imagine and thus the best.
- Hassle-free connectivity with HDMI ports that easy to operate
- Comes with enriched screen brightness that allows bright picture quality with proper contrast
- The enhanced sound quality that is crystal clear
- Has an interface that provides you with more features than standard TV
- Excellent connectivity with several HDMI ports
- Simple remote control that is easy to use
- Easy to use guidelines
- Great picture and sound quality
- Non HD channels look terrible
- No return policy
10. Vu 32 Inches Smart Led Tv – Best Connectivity Features
When it comes to budget smart TVs, you have to include VU TV on the list.
It has an A+ Grade Panel that eliminates ambient light from the images ensuring that you get perfect picture clarity.
The built-in speakers present in this model will take entertainment levels in your house to greater depths due to quality sound.
This model comes with a lot of connectivity options, including HDMI ports that help you to connect your digital camera, or camcorder,2 USB ports, headphone sockets, among others.
The ports make it easier for you to connect external devices and take your entertainment to higher levels.
You even get the chance to connect your laptop to the TV.
When compared to regular TVs, this set happens to get the first place as it offers more channels than you can ever think of.
You also have the opportunity to play over 30 games in HD resolution via this TV. It also comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty from VU.
- Comes with an A+ Grade IPS Panel with a premium finish
- Comes with preloaded apps like Netflix and YouTube
- Has lots of connectivity options like USB ports and HDMI outputs
- Offers more channels than a regular TV
- Excellent picture quality
- Variety of connectivity options
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Premium finish design
- Sound quality could have been better
11 . Micromax 32 Inches Hd Ready Led Tv – Best Budget Led Tv
This Micromax Tv that comes with full-range speakers to spice up your room with entertainment and enable you to enjoy clear vocals.
You even get the chance to set the content navigation and discovery to the Hindi interface with ease.
Power saving music mode on this TV ensures that you enjoy music without interruption.
It achieves this by shutting down all the features that drain the battery too quickly.
The model’s crystal luminous color polarization technology will always entice your senses with crystal clear graphics.
The TV comes with USB ports making it easy for you to transfer movies, videos, and music to your TV by the sim.
It comes at a very affordable price and with a one-year standard warranty.
If operating under budget, this TV from Micromax will suit you best.
- Has surround sound speakers for quality sound
- Power saving music mode shuts off the features that drain the TV’s battery quickly
- Crystal luminous color polarization technology ensures that you get clear graphics at all times
- USB to USB copy makes it easy for you to transfer files to your TV via sim
- Great sound and picture quality
- Easy to install and use
- Comes at an affordable price
- Easy to transfer files via USB
- Lacks advanced features
- Can’t use without a cable connection
- Plastic outer body quality could be better
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a Full HD TV and a Smart TV?
A smart TV is generally internet-based, meaning that for you to use the apps, you need to have access to Wi-Fi.
Full HD TVs, on the other hand, do not require the internet to operate.
2. Is it worth to repair a TV?
It may be or maybe not. It all depends on the type of TV.
Sometimes, however, it’s better to get a new one, especially if the TV is bigger than 40 inches.
The cost of repair may be equal to or even higher than the cost of a new one.
It is also best to get a new TV since technology keeps on changing.
Sometimes, it even gets more challenging when you want to repair the TV, but then it gets into the hands of a quack repairer.
It might end up doing more harm than there already is if you can get a new one instead of seeking repair services, the better.
3. Can I leave my TV on at all times?
It is not advisable to leave your TV on for long hours as doing so will only make your TV dimmer.
If you want your TV set to remain in good condition for a long time, watch it for four to six hours a day.
4. Is Netflix Free on smart TVs?
Although Netflix is a common application on Smart TVs, it is not free.
The app is free to download but then requires you to pay a subscription fee if you want to use it.
You will, however, get an option to use it for free for 30 days, which is the trial period.
5. Do TVs use a lot of electricity?
Most TVs only use about 80 to 400 watts of electricity, and this depends on the size and technology.
The longer you use your TV, the more the power it consumes as well.
6. How big a TV should I buy?
Buy as big as you can afford and need.
There is almost every size you would like to have in the market today and therefore easier to get the one you want to if at all you’ve got the cash.
However, remember to consider the size of your viewing space and the place to place it as well.
You can’t go for a 55-inch TV if the space you intend to place it on can barely hold a 32-inch TV in the first place.
7. Is it work buying a 4K TV?
It is much worth it. The benefits of having a 4k TV set are way much more than other models.
New stuff like OLED and HDR is much on 4K TV models.
General improvements in color and sharpness are also evident in these models.
Lots of video streaming services and cable providers like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube are moving to 4k.
Many game consoles are also 4K compatible, and the prices for these models are dropping as well.
Having gone through the list, we believe you’ve already come across a TV set that you would like to get for your home.
All the products on the list work great and will bring more joy, happiness, and entertainment to your home. When going for TVs, remember to consider the features and all other factors discussed on the list as well.
Whether looking for a smart TV or a Full HD TV, we’ve got you covered.
All come at reasonable prices and will help transform your home and take entertainment to a whole new level.